(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm guessing 2 minute video reveal Thursday with a live stream Saturday.

Stern ain't gonna pay their staff to be there on a saturday

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I like how some trolls keep saying "you have to try before you buy". Well here's a little bit of info for you Sherlock... Distributers do not put LE's in showrooms because collectors don't want to buy "used" LEs. Given that the pattern of release is Pro/LE/Prem buyers also cannot play a premium to see how the LE would play.

This is why you make friends with people who have games Or play premiums when available.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

If you want an LE there are 2 choices. Buy sight unseen at MSRP or pay scalper prices buying from re-sellers. Don't like the idea? Don't buy it and wait for a Premium.
It's not a life necessity. It's a luxury toy. Big deal.

Or buy a LE HUO...

Been collecting pinball machines in my home for 23 years. I have never bought a game I've never played.

Here's the thing... there will always be pinballs for sale.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nothing happens to stern the only people it affects are scalpers. They should make as many LEs as they can sell out of. If the market corrects itself then the next game will have fewer LEs to adjust.

Ergo the problem - they set the LE number before they know if they will sell them all or not.

When LEs are considered 'plentiful' - they lose the FOMO effect. When they sell out too quick, they've left money on the table.

So it very much impacts Stern. And the 'if the market corrects...' is what has been happening for many releases. Stern tries to gauge how many will hit the sweet spot of keeping the allure of exclusivity while reaping in as much as they can.

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

And I totally disagree that LE hype is what drives volume for pros and premiums, good games and good themes sell long term regardless of LE availability.

Then you are not paying attention. FOMO is **HUGE** in driving sales up front. Why did Haggis limit not only their sales numbers, but put a very tight window on orders? Same as DR... they are trying to push for a sales frenzy.

Hell, even MOD makers are jumping on the bandwagon to push demand forward.

LE hype doesn't drive actual game value (and it's market value in the long run) - but in SALES in this hobby it has proven to be a very effective way to push interest into front-loaded sales.

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They don’t do enough differences a lot of the time between the prem and LE for people to jump up unless it’s truly limited. There is a sweet spot for sure.

This is the key point for people that try to make JJP comparisons. JJP and Stern's product spreads are different. People don't care about the LE number on JJPs because JJP is selling that model based on the feature set more often than not. Stern's LE differentiators have been pretty weak, with art usually being the biggest 'must or must not have' differentiator. People buy LEs because they think they are the 'top end' and the FOMO effect. Balancing that act is an art... Stern's batting average is not great, but they do keep getting back up to swing.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not everybody. I prefer LEs because of the add-ons (shaker, art blades, powder coat), the real backglass, and the HD Glass. I don't give a rat's ass about exclusivity or getting a numbered plaque. I buy my games for my wife and I to play, not to keep in box or re-sell at a profit. I get the newbs that see this as an investment. I do not. I see it as entertainment.

Hence the comment 'top end' - you think it's the loaded features model.. where the vast majority of those things are simple bolt-ons. Like I said in previous post... stern's biggest differentiator of late has been Art.

If those features were on a lesser model - would you still buy the LE?

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

LE means limited edition and needs to be in relation with the number of nib buyers. GNR is 5000 LE. There won’t get buyers for half of them..

Everyone knows LE in terms of exclusivity is meaningless in JJP terms.

If anything for this discussion it proves that 'too many' wipes out the FOMO/exclusivity point.

JJP sells LEs based on their feature differentiators - not exclusivity.

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Bolt-ons that cost more than getting them already installed on the LE

are you paying people to do it for your or something?

"value" has never been a LE justifier. The price spread between premium and LE was $1400 on the last releases. $1400 for shaker, art blades, powder, glass, and translite is cheaper for you?

Shop better.

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah well you're missing the point because where YOU are it's cheaper to buy parts. Good for you man!
You forgot BACKGLASS. Translites suck and we are comparing apples to apples.

I didn't forget it - you're just buying into their pitch that their laminated translite is the same thing as a screen printed backglass... and it's not.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

You also forgot side armor and you forgot powdercoat. These are features I enjoy. Powdercoating in my neck of the woods is super expensive.

Again, no I didn't. I did mention powder... but it's usually better to just new hardware then it is to ship it, strip it, and powder. I think you are just aren't familiar with what it actually involves.

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Has an LE ever sold out this quick?
I don't remember.
Even AC/DC BIB didn't go this quick and there were only 300 of them!
Again METLE went pretty quick but not this fast.
Not even TRONLE went this fast.

of all those games, only METLE had pre-launch hype and was selling out.

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The upper playfield is bizarre. What does that represent from the theme? Mando doesn't have lights on his helmet, it just looks weird. Also, hitting stationary targets as the main toy isn't fun in my opinion

Like.. what do spinners and stationary targets on the POTC ship represent from the theme? Pirate ships don't have spinners or lights on their deck, it just looks wierd. POTC ship must not be fun either...

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Irrespective of your thoughts one way or the other on Gina Carano, I can't believe people are honestly surprised that she isn't included. She is persona non grata as far as Disney is concerned.

It's just political trolling - ignore it

#2084 2 years ago

We finally get a Stern pro without just a bunch of flat plastics and people complain the doll doesn't dance enough...

If the game didn't have the doll - everyone would be screaming 'how can you not have...'

While the magnet trick would have been nice - have people forgotten how big the magnet hand of JM is?

Motion? Bleh... who notices how much staypuft moves in GB?

As long as the doll doesn't compromise other stuff, it serves it's purpose... eye-candy for the street players.

The game finally has a layout where all the shots aren't at the back of the game, is full of dynamics, and finally Stern nails a reveal video. Shows off the game itself AND gives insight into the gameplay/code. Can't wait to see it and their scheme for the multi-media. The outline of the game objectives looks very engaging IMO.

#2169 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Also is Grogu life size? He sure looks like it.

Life size at like 8" tall?

#2237 2 years ago

Let all these people put up their ads... and never forget who they were.

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Has anyone seen a pop bumper on the Mando playfield?

Yes... below the child inlanes...

Mandalorian-Pro-Details-Ambient-08 (resized).jpegMandalorian-Pro-Details-Ambient-08 (resized).jpeg
#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seems like the kind of thing that should be in all games.

Why? Wouldn't you prefer Stern actually put thought into it vs spamming every game with it like it's necessary?

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So is Carl Weathers voicing the game confirmed? You’d think that would be mentioned in the promo stuff from Stern

You'd think yeah? Sure, because it is... it's right on the game's page, right in the PR, etc.

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I kind of wish Grogu and the Razor Crest would have their sizes swapped, but that's also a really minor complaint. With how popular the character is, featuring Grogu that prominently will definitely pull in players that may not have been interested otherwise.

It serves the purpose of having the casual person walk up and go 'oh look.. baby yoda!!' and consider putting a coin in. It will do that job well.

People can't seem to respect there are needs beyond their own when it comes to building products for the general public.

Yes it could have done more... yes there COULD have been other gimmicks - but it still has a purpose. And unless baby yoda stole your quarters, I wish people would just move on already. There is so much more interesting in this game then talking about the plainly obvious crap people want to beat into the ground.

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I agree with you on the point that it will 100% make them drop in a coin. It feels shortsighted to me though, because if he force moved the ball they would put in more coins. If there was some reference to playing more to discover all that he can do they would put coins in all day.

At the end of the day - it's a single gimmick. They went a different direction. It's time for people to accept it they didn't do the gimmick they theorized they would do, and see it as such.

Imagine the amount of bitching that would go on and on if they did a VUK with a magnet grab and it didn't work 100% of the time (Aerosmith, Kiss, ST, Houdini, etc). Or worse... they did it and all it did was grab and drop and people would be complaining it doesn't do enough animation, etc. Point is, everyone is full of ideas, and apparently is upset that reality didn't match up to their dreams of possible.. and want to burn the whole house down over it.

It serves a purpose. Its not the main 'ooh ahh' gimmick in the game. That doesn't make the game a stinker, or Stern cheapskates. There is more to the whole thing than just this one element.

I'm more off-put by the weird hanging target mech and it's cosmetics than I am worried about the static figure in the game.

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I'm new to this hobby and starting the learn the reputation of different distributors. Now I know to avoid The Pinball Company in the future.

Put simply - they are a retail operation - they are not targeting the hobbyist or enthusiast markets. They sell to the random retail 'game room' buyers.

#2789 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a crap about this? The most expensive stern (Elvira) has plastic ramps. Just about every recent pro has had wire forms. From a cost standpoint I find it hard to believe there is actually a real difference. I thought we were passed believing wire forms were somehow more “premium”... but I guess not. I’m sure there will be a mod for this lol

Plastic Ramps are cheaper in volume - but have a higher startup cost. Ramp costs also go up significantly as the size/complexity of the ramp increases. Metal habit trails are expensive, but are not as limited in design as molded ramps are.

Metal habit trails hold up better, virtually never show wear, and do not block the views as much as plastic ramps. When your ramps are crossing the middle of the PF, or each other, that's a big deal.

When you look at this game, the ramps were clearly designed with cost efficiency in mind. The ramps are done in sections to reduce their size and increase their part re-use. The Premium and Pro use the same top portion of the ramp, and simply swap out the return portion.

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I've only been in the hobby for two years and have 7 new machines but has any other machine by Stern sold out LE's before launch? I heard Iron Maiden sold out in an hour. How much is an Iron Maiden LE worth now?

Reality is its more about 'how easy is it to get' vs 'sold out'. Every time there is places where distros have hold back or people are buying for speculation. And games always come up HUO quickly afterwards.

Games like Metallica and Star Trek really were the games that established the 'buy before release' pattern of FOMO.

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

was under the impression Stern covers it. Is that not the case?

Nope - but distributors often use 'free shipping' in their balloon game of where you put the discounts.

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

So at the risk of offending some people, what is the value added here by distributors ? I understand in olden days you would visit the shop and order and then to pick it up.

No - the point of the distributor model is as it was for most commercial gear. The distributor is your purchasing vehicle, they are your parts supplier, they are your service provider. They are the company's representative in your territory and provide the inventory, sales and support for the product. The distributor expects to make money on the margin of product and selling value added services (support, parts, etc). The manufacturer wasn't in the direct business and did not have local presence. The manufacturer would instead focus on supporting the distributors with training, marketing, parts, and vendor support.

That's what 'the olden days' of Betson and others was... and still is for most operating in that model.

Problem is, Stern uses the model, but doesn't actually live by it. They don't do what is necessary to make it successful, by supporting the distributors and making it a viable space to offer real 2 tier sales and support. Instead Stern hides behind not doing direct sales, and lets people who do nothing more than take orders be distributors. It was really bad for awhile before they purged the ranks... where people were becoming 'distributors' just so they could buy games at a discount for them and their friends. They've gotten better, but really they are just doing two tier sales and not making the two tier model work for actual support and services.

Stern likes to reap the benefits... letting distributors be their local presence, stock inventory, handle all the direct sales, etc... but don't require or enable distributors to actually be real value added service providers/representatives.

#2936 2 years ago

A batch that probably was a handful of games. Probably motivated more as a the gimmick to drive value to their insider program more than as a pivot in strategy away from distribution.

It's not far fetched to believe they will move to a model where they casually sell direct, but have no interest in actually competing with their distributors. Just do it as a way to convert sales from people that know no better, or to do it for promotional reasons (like the insider access).

Stern has it too good without offering direct sales... they won't want to give up distribution.

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wasn’t there a situation at the last minute with Stern and GOTpro. People/Stern Staff looked at the game and said, “Wheres the Iron Throne,” and then right before production Stern threw in a stationary throne for the pro? Maybe Stern threw in a stationary baby Yoda for the Mandalorian pro or something?

Ok, but that also requires ignoring Brian E's quoted statements where he says entirely the opposite.. where the doll was the FIRST thing he placed.

#3123 2 years ago

the crazy thing looking back at this is... that people are willing to spend almost 50%-100% the cost of the premium JUST to get the LE? Good lord...

#3124 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You're the idiot that's mixing up a complaint about a missed opportunity for what could've have been an awesome toy with the flippers on a mini pf that's facing the player going off in phantom fashion

You mean like every 3rd and 4th flipper on playfields?

This is so over played... I thought everyone got their fill in the WoZ threads. I saw it as soon as the promo videos were shown and I was just counting down till people started crying over this.

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..It's well documented you became Stern's legal counsel here after they bankrolled your little tourney. Don't try to deflect it...just do your job

SMH...I can't believe people haven't connected the dots...

Levi and Tim Sexton are great friends. Tim gets hired at Stern... Levi now has a conduit to hear and see things from the other side of the aisle. He's not a shill, he is just someone that now has a heightened perspective from the other side. I'm sure they probably have some casual insights shared.. or he gets to hear their take on such things. So he gets perspective from people inside the company, even if they never share 'secrets'. With that understanding Levi easily jumps on people who speculate wildly without any real footing.

#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My zoomer kids completely missed the Star Wars window. To them its just the Dad area of Disneyland. They are 18 and 20, too young for the prequals and old enough to compare the latest trilogy to the MCU and that didn't go well.

That's your failure as a parent to not have educated them on great culture

My 18yr old has seen all the great 80s films/series.

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My kids have seen all that stuff but Star Wars they just suffer it as Dad movie, it doesn't resonate with them. We watch Die Hard at Christmas every year but I could never get them to sit through a Star Wars. Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney, even Pokemon but Star Wars, no chance.

You have no geeks if you haven't exposed them to Indiana Jones trilogy, BTTF trilogy, Goonies, Gremlins, Top Gun, etc.

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Could this have been done with a "sacrificial" surface? Magnet under the playfield, but that "under the playfield" segment is a drop in flap that can be replaced and hooked up after wear becomes unacceptable to the owner? Every engineering issue has a solution. Just takes time to find it.

It's the other side... This is why Shadow sanctum wears so badly. You're pulling the hard ball down and across the playfield.

They do have a 'sacrificial layer' - that's the big magnet core and apron they have now

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You don't need to own a premium to order premium parts. Any distributor can order them for you. Here is an example.
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-cyborg-eddie-figure-with-mounting-bracket.html

Something stern can (and has) change at any time for any part.

See rising cross for Metallica for instance… lots of examples.

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Also, It’s likely that the prem habitrails would not just slap on the pro without modification.

When you look at it closely- it really is the opposite. It’s clear the ramps were built to be modular and should swap right in.

#3952 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The call outs are a huge disappointment.
Only Carl? Really?

What was the last Stern game to have more than one celebrity in voice work? Metallica I think...

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? Where's the callouts for Mando and the other major actors? What's Mando without Pedro Pascal voice audio from the show?
There's no way in hell I'm buying a game named "The Mandalorian" if the actual Mandalorian callouts are not there. Kinda crazy if those are missing.

Yeah, because the first thing anyone thinks when they hear Star Trek is...

Karl Urban?

Or Ghostbusters... Ernie Hudson?
Or Stranger Things... David Harbour??

Things will be fine... besides Mando is a bad choice anyway due to his lack of emotion, inflection, etc. He's basically boring. The team acknowledged that too.

#3977 2 years ago

My thoughts...

People who love to talk about 'flow' should be wetting themselves on this game... it has some fast flowing shots and returns. It looks like a really solid shooter... in the realm of Met and GOT. Has some combo focus in the rules too

The stacking looks like there could be some annoying lockouts - but overall the rules look very interesting with lots of different branches to pursue

The screen art direction looks really good. A bit in the style of GoTG, but visually it looks attractive and effective. The styles they made up for the control panels, fonts, etc all look fantastic.

The colored GI lighting use (for red) is really effective.. in both things like ambush and the impossible mode stuff.

Hero mode is pretty funny - neat they are thinking about more different forms of fun for groups

The weapon/upgrade rules look well done

The encounters and mini-PF look very well done... with the exception of... the bonus video playout at the end of encounter seemed WAY too long. One I timed was 15 seconds alone. That's way too long in terms of breaking up the game IMO. Mission start can be long too...

The PF art looks sweet - the video assets look tight

The call outs though really seem flat for a few reasons
- first, the sound of it seemed really flat and lacking dynamics. Maybe its how the twitch setup was... but it really didn't sound high fidelity vs the other elements
- the script is really... boring? Seemed very utilitarian... we didn't get much in terms of character, expression, emotion (humor or fear or tension etc).
- I don't fault carl's performance, but it just seems pretty bland in terms of the script and sound mix

Sound... I guess not super standout at this point, at least from the stream. The gun/target/etc sounds are on-point for the subject matter... but the lack of diversity in the music could become grating over time. The lack of memorable speech clips of various characters is disappointing. I don't expect custom audio from 4 people... but give us the content from the source! Especially after the interviews Brian and Dwight gave, its really sad to see what they have very what they were talking about having access to.

The bounce off from the U shot's return to the cross-over wireform looks worrisome. The cross-over really needed more side guides to counter the bouncing off the side. The slope of the game isn't going to help that kind of ball energy much because it can feed a shot from the flippers almost un-obstructed.. so game slope isn't going to slow that down. The saving grace is that is something they obviously would see all the time in play testing so that leaves hope that this can be countered with better setup.

Pros:l
Layout - fun with lots of fast returns. Uniqueness
Art
Main features (mini PF)
Originality
Rules diversity
Multiplier opportunities without being Star Wars 40x non-sense
Art direction in the screen and original content
Levels of play in the Mini PF
Extra 'play features' like co-op, hero, impossible, cheater to this is the way, etc

Cons:
Writing for call outs is pretty boring
Sound for call outs seems flat
Reliance on main theme song when in main game loop
the minimal character audio performances from show
playfield light shows seem pretty boring besides the mini pf
(insert your grievances about their choice of toys/figures vs what you wanted)

Overall though I think this is gonna be a great players game. Visually it's gonna be impressive... just wish it had more inspiring writing!

#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando is boring? LOL, he makes the show, it's about him! A Mando pin without Mando audio clips from the show...wow.

You're expressing your view pretty poorly I think. Should there be clips of Mando's speech in the game? For sure! Should Mando been the main custom audio? NO - his character is bad for it.

You beat up on the choice of using Carl... instead of Mando. That points to what they used Carl for - the custom call outs... vs what I think your real gripe is, which is lack of character audio clips from the show. And that I agree with.

The inability for them to use EXISTING character performances is really hurting the potential of these titles.

#3981 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Do you think that this game (the LE version) is just benefiting from pinflation going on right now? For some reason I think that any decent game from Stern that would have been released would have been in the same situation. OR have people been waiting on this particular title for years?

1) Star Wars
2) Brian Eddy
3) Current FOMO market
4) Continued belief that pins will continue to rise

== Current buying hype

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am at a wedding event and can’t watch the stream. To be clear, are we talking JJP Pirates here with no video footage or voice of the mandalorian? I don’t have time to watch the stream, but I’m not buying this game if there is no video footage and assets from the main guy. Is panzer being a JJP fanboy with hyperbole or does the Mandalorian appear in this game?

To generalize... there really isn't any clips of other characters talking or snips from the show of people delivering memorable lines. There might be some minor snips tucked in there.. but overall.. its devoid.

#3993 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Adam West and Burt Ward in Batman66

Does Burt do custom callouts? I was trying to remember but couldn't recall...

#4021 2 years ago

all killer memorable quotes from the show right?? Right??

/sarcasm

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Better than the killer memorable movie quotes in JJP Pirates.
/not sarcasm

Great news for you... you don't get charged for a JJP when buying a Stern Mandalorian... so no one gives a fck about whats not in some other JJP game.

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

75% of the stream was them talking about features or screwing around with a bulb coming loose and you could barely hear the game audio over the talk anyway.

Their intro was about 25mins... after which they played for over an hour.

Maths are hard....

#4251 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Does anyone know if the most of the distros got their pro's in stock by the reveal yesterday?

No one had/has stock yet. The first pros go to select operators for the routes... to help get the game accessible and to give the ops something to market. Those will be the first games that hit someone's hands (including distributors).

The game are being built... but have not had first customer ship yet.

#4252 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So if a car company charges top dollar for a shitty car that’s ok because they owe you nothing? People are paying used car prices for a pin and if they abandon the game with inferior code that’s crap. You may not think so Chuck, you are totally coming across as a Stern apologist. I would bail at this point, your making yourself look bad, honestly.

You buy blindly (even before the reveal!) you assume the risk that the game isn't what you thought it would be. Stern isn't going to make one type of game - they've mixed it up in terms of their approach to the market. Buyers are bitching because they weren't informed ahead of time. The solution is simple... STOP BUYING SHIT BLINDLY.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The big deal is people can’t sell and move on without a big loss. Apologists don’t get that, which you are appearing more and more to be.

'without a loss' -- a risk people knowingly took. They need to own their choices. Not keep stomping their feet that the world bend to them.

Buying a game blindly does not grant you some special status to be owed what you believed something should be. They took a different approach then what some buyers thought they should take (hrmm.. sounds familiar again). If you don't like it.. DON'T BUY IT. If you bought it before you knew what it was... be an adult and own your decison.

#4284 2 years ago

Yes you are right. The proper term there would be developer. Anyone that submits code to source control is a developer.

We don’t call our qa folks developers…

So much conflict

#4313 2 years ago

But Dwight has a chance to fix the Munsters mistake. Everyone doesn’t get a second chance. Hard for people who have a Munsters still to look forward when Dwight could fix it.

You mean if stern wants to change the direction of the game. That happens few and far in between

#4329 2 years ago

moving... rotation... programming... this thread has it all!!!

Up next...

Is building web content coding? Or programming?

FIGHT!

#4350 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Thank you.
All I know is I was a a computer guy and "hacker" in the late 80s and 90s. Worked at a .com during the boom in NYC etc etc
Every time I talk to any smart ass current "expert" I realize I have forgotten more than they will ever know.
The main issue with the current generation is you think you are smarter than you are since you get to walk on the backs of those that did the actual work.
If I put in front of you what we actually had to work with back in the day you would have not a clue what to do and go ask someone to figure it out for you.
Someone made your "tools" and "modules" and manuals and on and on so you could coast and just plug and play 95% of your shit.

And a EE could say the same thing about the programmer just writing software to run on a DSP or Microcontroller.. or worse.. SoC... vs having to figure out how many electrons need to accumulate before the current flows through the gate.. or who built the feedback circuit that the lazy programmer emulates with a arduino and layers of software. blah blah blah

There is a huge difference between asking for 'awareness' of where you are in the grand scheme of things... and broadly crapping on people based on stereotypes and stigmas.

Modern software architectures are not due to laziness - they evolve from where people want to spend their energy and the constraints they are working with.

I am happy people are able to take and apply a .NET class with managed memory to do a task verse re-inventing the wheel and creating that many new defects and vulnerabilities... or take an openSSL lib that has had hundreds of thousands of reviewers and auditors over it's time vs some a-hole who thinks he's gods gift to software writing his own keygen because he knows software... but not cryptography.

When I was programming... "High Level Language" meant Fortran! We wrote assembly. No one cares. Appreciate the guy who can solve the problem within the constraints in a reliable, sustainable, time efficient manner. Not think less of him/her because they didn't re-invent the wheel unnecessarily.

#4351 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My first web site was built with notepad.
I kid you not.

Guess that makes you n00b

Everyone who is anyone knows anyone who doesn't use and worship vi is just lazy and a hack!

/s

#4376 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Please entertain me with a topic related to Stern's Mandalorian pinball machine...
Is anyone concerned with the ball dribbling off the right wireform? It seems to be from where the up/down scoop's wireform meets the one coming from the right. Hope that is getting sorted in production.

It was bouncing off after being dropped onto the wireform. There is a rail on the player side of the wireform there, but not on the other side. So fast moving balls were hitting the side rail and boucing off to the top side. This means speed is a factor. It's possible that it's something exaggerated by game setup. Considering the hours they play on the game every day, it certainly shouldn't be news to them if its a real problem. Optimism says they should have it sorted, or that game setup will minimize it.

#4382 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is always a possibility, but has never been done. I wouldn’t expect anything else to be in the game outside of what was talked about on stream or what is shown via inserts on the playfield.

DLC...

This is the future.. err. the way

1 week later
#4637 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They’ve never had a policy like that to prevent their parts (except-translite, back glasses and cabinet art work) from being sold.

Wrong - see examples like the Rising Cross from Metallica. Was available, then they stopped because of timebandit's mod. Other examples too... I think it's in part because Stern really doesn't like making spares so mod buying depletes the supply plus a bit of the 'protect the tiers' thinking.

#4762 2 years ago

The balls are not falling off the plastic ramps like the premium wire form in the previous stream.

Obviously - the scenario is completely different.

No balls being dumped onto the ramp midpoint... and ramps with actual sides

#4844 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is it a production problem seeing as Stern never announced a production date other then what was assumed on Pinside?

Wrong - people were given an expectation from Stern directly... that date has slipped.

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

What’s with these rumors of late arrival on pros? My Distro told me just this week that he is expected 6 pros in June. One is mine... is he being optimistic? Have things changed with Stern’s production?

There is more to the story then just 'pros'.

For new releases, Stern usually builds a small run of pros first for operators and special uses like launch parties. Don't confuse those pros with the larger run of pros done for most orders. Stern told those early run folks to expect the games to be built end of May and would have them likely this past week. That didn't happen. So it's just chatter about when those first run games will be landing.. Stern is a little behind here for reasons unknown.

#4978 2 years ago

#5025 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Don't worry, owners threads are fresh. Sound like its time to finally start one!

Someone already tried by renaming a 30 day old thread….

Again….

Tilt got theirs… i expect starport/helicon will be next.

#5225 2 years ago

finally played some today as we setup a pro...

The shots being close are going to be a turn off to some people... but it certainly changes things up. Think shadow...

The left ramp is TALL... you're not getting any freebies up that thing

The laser cut metalwork on the ball mech to the lower playfield is a very nice touch. The razorcrest engines are lit.. which is nice.

Lots more audio call outs then I heard in the original streaming reveal. The game is a real kiss ass... always stroking your ego

The game was handing out extra balls like candy. Didn't focus too much on 'how'.. was just exploring the game. It's gonna be fun I think, but could be a bit divided in the hobby I think. Hit default GC in game 2.. defaults must be generous

Pro cabinet and translight looked great IMO.

#5240 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

idk, i feel like there should be something more. maybe animations or some mini games. they need to involve Grogu more in this vs. a sitting doll. In star wars they had the falcon and asteroid mini game. Something like that might help to. I love star wars, but one concern I had when I heard of this game is that there is not much content, just 2 years of the show. The creators even said they didn't see any of the episodes early, they were putting them in after they saw them. so that leads up to a mish mash of episode clips into missions that don't exactly add up, they are just thrown into this game. For example, spider multi ball? Not sure why they made this a mutliball, it was one scene in, I think, the 2nd episode of season 2. Not much significance to the show.

If you watched the show - the mode plays fine. By this logic... why did the pirates multiball make it either, it was just one scene, etc.

And playing if you hear plenty of Grogo sounds and references to the child. He doesn't feel 'missing' in the game. He's cooing and he's on the orbit shots and callouts refer to him and the awards sequence all have him. It's a non-issue really. Oh and he's in the ball save animations too.

#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from RCIV:

How has Stern addressed the cracking of the ramp with you? Sending replacement or modification?

It hasn't even been a day... you in a rush?

#5291 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

I feel like the foundry opens slow on purpose so you can understand what is happening. Maybe the foundry intro screen can be skipped? Not sure if I saw Jack/DeadFlip try to skip that.

no skip currently - but probably to make sure you don't accidentially pick something.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

You are partially correct.
The long intro where you see Mando hand the Armourer credits is only played once per game. Then it goes to the text instructions so you know what you are doing. After the 1st one, the intro only shows just the text part.
Either way you can skip them by pressing in both flippers. This was always the case; Jack didn't do this I assume because we had asked him to let things play out.

Sweet

I was thinking the screen that just says 'foundry' before it cycles to the item selection. I don't know if I was able to fast forward that? But I can't say for sure I was trying or not. (0.96)

Any comment about the swinging target? We see on two local examples the peg on the swing arm can actually crash into the PCB components which I assume is the prox switch.

We also saw if we get a shot up the left ramp that doesn't make it all the way to the right return, but rolls into the encounter feed... but encounter isn't lit... the encounter area stays idle with the blue lights and just ignores any switch hit activity in the encounter mini PF. No 'sneaky' action like you'd get if you entered from the playfield level. That felt... lacking. I would think you would could tell we entered the encounter from the opto at the divertor and then tell we were making hits in there.

#5335 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I was able to skip it while playing on latest code last night
Light Razorcrest MB FTW... cashed this in twice to quickly get to the final green mode. Looping the center seems pretty easy, but I guess you're going to have to bring in yellow modes before RCMBs to help complete them. Red modes were a slog of constant center ramp shots, seemingly unstackable with multiball.

Encounters are definately the long pole in getting deep in the game. The 4th multiball is pretty easy to get to if you make a point of playing the multiballs.. especially since the center shot is makable from either flipper and has a safe return. Missions are just play well... but encounters.. ugh.. so many trips to the mini PF. 3 levels each is the bruiser. If you have an encounter started, it seems like skill shot sneaky entrances work towards your encounter finishing too, even tho it's not lighting the yellow lights explicitly.

#5336 2 years ago

I still can't figure out how the playfield multipliers really work.

It seems the game will spot one for you at times if you complete an objective. But just hitting the 2 boba fett targets will like one.. but can't figure out how to light the others.

And the 2x targets around the right ramp... no idea.

#5356 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Thanks for sharing your first impressions.
Based on the first reviews/comments I've read, it's becoming an evidence they will need to work on the difficulty to get the multiball because if we always get it in the first minute of each game, it will be boring.
I am confident they will listen the community and make us happy

Just because you can start it doesn’t mean it’s worth it.

You want to stack to make it worthwhile.

#5357 2 years ago

Yes forgot that one. Anyone know much about the mini wizard modes? Do they stay around until you finish them or fail and you have to re-enable the mode somehow?

You fail you gotta re qualify. Multiball i think you gotta hit the shot so many times again. Ambush you fail and again requalify.

We only played one coop game… but foing that makes finishing most objectives pretty easy except encounters

Eta: fail after playing… to be clear

#5358 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Completely consistent with his design on STh.

Stranger things isn’t this close. STh has this trait due to the standups around every shot (like ritchie).

Mando has shots ghat are actually low on the playfield.

#5359 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I was able to put some time on the Pro on location and thought it was a lot of fun. Volume was set a little low so I can't speak to that.
I didn't feel like the shots were too close at all. Flow was good, the shots were "in the right place" meaning easy to find and natural, able to hit them while flailing as I do. I was really surprised at the curve at the end of the left ramp. It's tougher to backhand than I thought it would be just because of the way it swoops to the right at the bottom. Just something that I didn't notice in the pictures or streams.
I found the upper playfield to be fun, real hard to keep the ball alive and hit the targets, and overall a good thing. I'm sure the tilting on the Premium is fancy, but the pro version is just fine in my book. Only caveat there is that on location the tiltbob was set tight, and I think that playfield really requires a little wiggle and nudging. So people playing this game out might not be able to do much up there. I certainly got a warning every.single.time I was up there.
The first multiball is VERY close to the start button. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think any game we played went without 2 of the multiballs being achieved. My son and I saw very little game progress other than the multiballs. But we're not great players.
Couple negatives - Several times our game would just randomly end with the ball still in play. It would just dim the GI, tally up the bonus, and game over, ignoring extra balls and....the fact that the ball was still in play. Oddly when it did this it always gave us a match and free game, as if to say sorry.
When the diverter is down to drop the ball into the upper playfield, sometimes it would bounce back and fall down the ramp. Longest reject of all time?
Occasionally 2 balls would spit out into the shooter lane, which isn't super uncommon on new Sterns in my experience, but in my past the game always knew it did it and would let you drain one and keep going. Here, if you drained one you were done. Sudden death 2-ball multiball. This happened twice in a row to my son (ball 1 and 2) and I'm pretty sure that's why at the end of the night he said the game was "meh" and to not get one for home.
I'm looking forward to playing some more. It's going to be a money printing machine for most locations that get one. When you think about it, a smooth easy shooter with accessible multiballs is exactly what keeps younger or less skilled players coming back. Giving good players the option to go Impossible mode turns an "easier" game into a very difficult game, giving something for everyone. Squash a few bugs, give me some time on it, and it may turn out to be one of my favorite games.

That game has multiple setup issues. None on that on any of the pros here

#5392 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

A bash toy is something you bash i.e. physically hit. If you don't physically hit Sparky then he's not a bash toy. Doesn't matter if you get arsey or not.
Baby Yoda is definitely not a bash toy thank Christ.

You do hit sparky - what you goofs are arguing over is HOW IT'S DETECTED.. ffs people arguing when they don't even know wtf the stuff is.

#5440 2 years ago

Still have not gotten an answer. What ways can you get extra ball lit or awarded in The Mandalorian? So far I know of:
1) Buy it with Beskar.
2) Complete some # of missions, some say 3 some say all 5, which would enable "I Like Those Odds" mini wizard if 5 are completed. I think this lights extra ball and a foundry shot collects it?
Any other ways known? I assume a replay award can be an extra ball as well..

Default code..

EB lights after starting one mission
EB is also available as an award from the child rollovers
EB is available at the foundry

And got to be several more... the game gives out EBs like candy on default settings.

#5456 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Left orbit trail. When a ball returns it seems to hit the tip of the left flipper 50% and straight down the middle 50%
Anyone have a suggestion on adjustment? Fast the ball moves the more likely to go straight down the middle

Sounds like its leaning right?

Have no issues with orbit returns here. (Level and set at about 6.7 or 6.8 degrees). The only one that is risky is the u turn return as it tends to bounce off the side rail at various energy levels.

#5466 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Six months from now:
“Why are there so many Mandos for sale?!”

As much as the “experts” hate on how companies do releases… can’t deny this game is getting dropped into nearly every location and fast. They are crushing it in terms of getting it to the field.

#5514 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Stern is getting full assets. This isn’t JJP Pirates, this has everything Disney would sell them. This is a far cry from GotG.
That said full assets don’t make a game fun.

When you look closely it has similar constraints that games like Wonka did, Stern is just doing a heck of a lot better hiding it. You don't watch actors talking live on video, etc. They are using pre-recorded clips, but layering them with other video clips smoothly so that you don't really get distracted by the fact they aren't actually synchronized from the scene. They are doing a better job with the composition and arrangement of the assets they have. The way they are doing freeze frames for the overlays/climaxes/etc.

#5545 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I guess I thought I understood the licensing and using assets but now I guess I don't. They can have the actors show up on video, they can have the actors voices throughout the game, but they can't show the video with them speaking the lines at the same time?

I believe it's a different kind/class of performance to show them as a combined a/v recording... vs just having them isolated.

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They can, it’s just a hard thing to do I think. Hit this shot, makes a scene/callout happen, but what if you hit another shot during that time and it triggers the next part of the scene? It can become a jumbled mess especially in a flow game.

Nope - they intentionally avoid it even in cut scenes - this is the whole bane of the problem as it got exposed in Wonka as the worst. This isn't technical short-coming... it's something with the rules of how they use the assets for what they signed up for.

#5547 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It seems strange he would have 1st run Pros in stock. I'm a little surprised when most people aren't getting them.

Production run size is likely set before Stern has every game earmarked for promotional activities. They probably just had more games from the run then earmarked... so they goto their big distros to sell like everything else.

#5552 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So then they don’t have all the assets from Mando then. I thought they did.

'all' is a phrase that can be easily misinterpreted/applied depending on the individual. 'all' of what? Also, having 'access' to 'all' (aka opportunity) is different then actually 'buying all'

In short - be careful of answers given that aren't necessarily followed up with elaborations

#5562 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I think there will be a number of used games on the market before long. While the game is fun, I can see people feeling like they've seen enough of it, or even making it through the game quickly, and deciding they're good. It doesn't have the depth and difficulty to last long in a serious player's collection IMO.
Having said that I'd be happy to own one for a while but I promised my dino-infatuated daughter that JP will be our next purchase.

This is every game… majority of people want the new shiny thing in their life. Most “keeper” games in collections are not because the game is extraordinarily deep - its because the game is entertaining to the owner.

Wpc games are not deep by any measure compared to modern games but people aren’t rushing to dump their pre-2015 games.

The key is if the game keeps people coming back - like tron portal… or acdc song jackpot cashing… or bsd triple stack.

“Deep” is overhyped. Boring or uninteresting is the thing a game needs to avoid. Mando rules look to has plenty to cause you to chase opportunities. Like getting the multipler stack, etc. its interesting to play… thats the important part

#5643 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

zpinman370: would you please change the title of this thread to Mandalorian Owners Club, as you said you would do when people began receiving their machines?

I know you might have a hard time keeping up while trying to keep up all your campaigning- but you should read robin’s post on said behavior
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-club-by-pinball-brothers-she-s-back/page/2#post-6251803

#5650 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Got to play the pro tonight for about an hour and a half straight (must've played at least 15/20 times) they have the Pro at Pacman entertainmant in Schaumburg. The cabinet artwork and translate are very nice on the pro. Playfield looks great too. Grogu is not as large as he seems look in the pictures and on the streams.
This games shoots great! Has really great flow and I was able to shoot off some great 3,4, and 5 shot combinations! Ramps and orbits feel so buttery smooth to shoot in this game (I hope that this translates on the premium). I must've won about 5/6 free games while playing which was great because it was a buck per play! As usual while on location you can't really hear the game so that sucked but I look at it this way... If I really enjoyed the game itself without hearing all the music, call outs and the sound effects; I'm sure that when I do hear it that will make this game even more enjoyable. (IMO) I loved the show and from watching the streams all the music and sound effects sound great so I can't wait to hear it all come together while I play it at home. This is a really fun game to shoot and I think it might be a tad on the easy side but hopefully that can be tweaked within the settings and hopefully the code will be deep enough to make it interesting enough to keep around for a while. I do wish that they did more with Grogu and the Razor crest but either way the game is really fun. I'm look forward to getting the premium soon (first run).
*** The pro seems like a is great bang for the buck, but personally, I'm not a fan of the 2 big plastic ramps in the middle of the playfield. They didn't hinder my vision of the balls but I don't like the way they look. It is difficult to see the entrance to the small turn around ramp/shot on the right side because that's where where the two ramps cross each other. Also, the single flipper upper playfield area is not really that great IMO and most of the times it just dropped out of their to easily or quickly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For the mini pf… you gotta give the game some English (aka nudge) to get the flipper tip on the ball in most slow feeds.

The music gets a bit repetitive right now… but the audio commentary from Carl W improved alot. Now he mocks you a bit and kisses your butt … instead of always kissing butt

#5710 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Anyone here figure out what actually lights the scoop for Foundry? Haven't been able to tell from location play if it simply lights when you can afford the cheapest item, or if you gotta hit something else in addition to qualify it.

Lights when you have enough beskar to buy something

Quoted from metallik:

For the multiplier, what exactly is "completing Hunter" - just complete the 3bank on the left, or are there more steps involved?

Three targets qualify the mode, which is lit on the inlane (and moveable). Hitting lit inlane starts hunter - you must complete the mode (hit the shots) to complete hunter and light the multiplier.

Quoted from metallik:

I noticed balls going to the helmet area during RC multiballs, looks like there's rules in the MBs for the mini-playfield, but couldn't tell if I was also progressing on the encounter I started prior.
Best so far is 366M, finished the RC wiz mode just before final drain.

When encounter has been started - sneaky entries (including from the plunge) can advance your encounter progress. And yes, you can always play encounter during multiballs too.

#5715 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Are those the orange shots that award beskar when collected?

Yes hunter lights like 3 shots. One might be a build value… but hitting the orange arrows is the objective

#5727 2 years ago
Quoted from sirocket:

Me too.... not sure why the industry is so non-transparent. They love to take those full payments though... l And this is from a full payment early may for a pro

Simple - "sales"

Guy tells you he can't get you a game soon.. he fears you will goto another distributor.

Shouldn't have offered full payment for anything early. No need. And Pros coming later is just par for the course. Usually not 4 months later.. for that to happen your distro really put you at the back of the bus I think.

#5819 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Good thing it doesn't have to be pretty.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! but it sure is easier to just take the one screw out of the plunger that holds the divertor in then taking off the bracket

#5824 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

I'd like to see you try!

Huh? It's a simple machine screw..it feeds through the black plastic standoff and screws into the coil plunger. It's the only thing that holds the divertor. It was loose I had to retighten it about every 50 plays and keep working itself out.. If you are saying the screw couldn't come out in yours, maybe they started loctiting it.

#5854 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This is the way ........early development for .....The Foundry
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How about something without the overhead? Seems like that would be a huge line of sight blocker.

#5929 2 years ago

Nice Chinese steel there.

Steel is fine - the issue is if you only put 2cm of welds without any structure supporting it... it's not gonna hold.

1 week later
#6085 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wonder if a little square of self-adhesive foam weatherstrip would absorb enough momentum to stop it. Lots of us have that lying around to use as beer seal.

it really is a case of people with too much ball speed (slope or flipper power). The ball goes a LONG way around the hook.. and the divertor already moves alot which kills energy. Bounce backs are possible, but shouldn't be dominating. The flippers don't need that much juice if it's really happening that often.

That said, beer seal is a simple answer.

#6201 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, how does The Foundry get lit up? This is so incredibly valuable (imo)to progress to wizards.

Collect enough beskar to be able to buy something

#6308 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I’m a bit confused about the foundry and buying upgrades I purchased the ambian rifle but it never activates what am I missing the button just doesn’t light up.

Its only for adding a ball in multiball - were you trying outside of Multiball?

You can see which weapon is active by which square is lit on the left side of display

#6403 2 years ago

That's a good point about a level floor as an additional consideration, thanks. The leg leveler height in my case is not a guess though. I am measuring it with the stool lifting the machine off the floor and really all you have to do is measure the thread gap between the top of the leveler foot and the bottom of the adjusting nut when the nut is tight upside against the leg flange. Just measuring exposed thread in other words, it's an accurate measurement.

Save yourself a lot of effort. No measurements except on the level/inclinometer. Start with leg levelers all the way in, back out by hand, counting each half turn so you can repeat the amount on another foot. Your wrist range of motion will give you a reasonable repeatable amount of rotation each time.

I back the fronts out at least a half inch to start and the backs about 1.5. Do this before even putting on the legs. Just count your turns to keep things close enough. Then once assembled , measure the pf for slope and level.

You want to avoid leaving the levelers all the way in because it hinders which way you can adjust.

You eventually find estimates of how many turns you need for each 0.1 degree… say 3-4… which makes it easy to get things close with 1-2 tries.

Hardest part is just getting in and out from under the damn game

#6404 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If I recall, Dwight said on one stream or another that an average player having a really good game should score around a billion.

Think you should revisit that… because nope

1 week later
#6636 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:So how does encounter scoring work? I’m getting encounter high scores that are higher then my actual score. I assume a bug?
Premium on 0.9.7

Yes, bug that has been there from the start.

1 week later
#6899 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am a huge Star Wars fan but I am struggling trying to find my groove for Mandalorian. I am going to continue practicing and getting kicked in the nuts and see where it goes. One thing I really do like is the corresponding video for modes, and how well they tie in together. Love the franchise/theme but still looking to find that magical feeling on this one.

Accept encounters are the long pole in the game... accept that you just need to keep sending the ball up there and on the pro - use short plunges to get as many trips in there as possible.

Then, stop worrying about encounters, and key in on timing a good stack of multipliers, the right mode, and multiball. That's where great fun is, getting your multiplier's up and running, starting a lucrative mode (like mudhorn), light flame thrower, and then start spider multiball... That's when you start smacking the game around like a pimp

Priming the pump with scope, completing hunter, and getting the right multiball to go with your mode... to me that's where the fun is right now.

#6985 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe youve misread my post but i dont have a problem with the upper playfield. Getting 643k as an encounters score seemed pretty solid to me.

Did you actually get tgat in your total? There is a bug in how it counts encounter champion score btw. It’s possible for thst leaderboard to be higher than your actual game score

2 weeks later
#7134 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

think I agree with large swathes of the reviews and critiques. I am particularly interested in the ideas about improving the ENCOUNTERS. The whole BONUS LEVEL idea was my idea and a bit against what Brian wanted to do. So if you are frustrated please blame me.

I would consider payoff for finishing a level and surviving the ability to adv right away. Change bonus level to be a timed hurry up after you drain out of the mini after completing a level.

So if i finish a level… and stay alive… keep playing and adv.

When i drain… start a 5-8 second timer and if i get back to encounter its a boosted scoring bonus… boosted more based on how many levels i just finished.

If i miss the timer… no bonus level. You have to make the bonus level valuable here to make it worth it… and you can reward ‘streaks’ here too

This way bonus level is sbout bonus scoring - not progress hindering

1 month later
#7346 2 years ago

Does Quick Install of updated Game Code allow you to easily back out that to the previous version if you change your mind about the update?

No

1 month later
#7469 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just saw that a tonne of new code has dropped for Stern games, except Mando
Edit: Looks like mostly Stern Insider stuff added

Expo had signs on Mando saying pending licensor approval... which the others didn't. So doesn't surprise me Mando is behind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.