(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 150.
#6051 4 months ago
Quoted from beltking:My le is shipping today. Yay

Same here! Should have it on Friday drop shipping from Stern. They are cranking them out now.

#6052 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So after getting about 70 games in...
Yes, the balls still fly off the habit trail but only when hitting the U-turn with scoop activated - and not all the time, it has to be a clean and powerful shot (haven't had it happen from a cradle yet, only when fast down the left inlane or from the playfield and again, it is maybe one in 20 times).
I have a job for Sonic and his fabulous MRS. The pic attached is the right orbit, that switch, no matter how I adjust it will miss about 8/10 shots unless a slow roller (was 10/10, which sucks because it seems there is a plastic post that stays popped up back there until either the left or right orbit entry/exit switches are activated). So all the well placed shots into the right orbit are for not right now. At least I think this is the issue - maybe there is an opto back there that is already malfunctioning, I haven't taken a deep dive yet. I will say that plunging is clunky right now, I feel like I am getting caught up on something back there as some plunges make it to the point where you are over the apex of the curve and then they just roll back into the right orbit.
Hitting the miniplayfield ramp is so satisfying from right flipper or backhand with left BUT 3/10 times that ball will bounce from its staging position at the upper playfield and role back down the ramp.
[quoted image]

Just shoot me a PM - I think we already have a solution - if what I'm seeing is just a need for a rollover...

matt

#6053 4 months ago

Anyone planning on installing a playfield protector? If so, do ramp flaps have to be removed?

#6054 4 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just shoot me a PM - I think we already have a solution - if what I'm seeing is just a need for a rollover...
matt

Not sure it is that anymore but MRS are always worth having.

Ball seems to be hitting this guide.

IMG_20210707_131036.jpg
#6055 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Hitting the miniplayfield ramp is so satisfying from right flipper or backhand with left BUT 3/10 times that ball will bounce from its staging position at the upper playfield and role back down the ramp.
[quoted image]

I think that breaks in because when I played on location just after release most of my shots did that but when I went back the following week it did not do it one time…

#6056 4 months ago

A buddy of mine just set up his Mando Pro last night and I'd like to help him get a few things dialed in.

First off, what does the machine screw for everyone's upper playfield area star post look like? I would have expected something like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4424-2 but his is just a philips head screw fastened to the PF with a nut, with the star post sitting on top of it.

Secondly, the ball seems to fall from the ramp diverter and hit the plastic before hitting the playfield, which then prevents the ball from getting any momentum and not making it to the upper flipper most of the time. Has anyone had to adjust that ball feed to work better?

If it was my machine, I'd just start poking around but the more time I spend figuring it out at his house is less time I spend playing it, so any guidance would be appreciated.

#6057 4 months ago

So the ball getting stuck in the orbit is due to a just ever so slightly misplaced rail.

There is so little room to work there - anyone think it would be possible to bed the towards the front of the playfield?

I wonder if other LEs will have this similar problem?

IMG_20210707_181926.jpgIMG_20210707_181953.jpg
#6058 4 months ago

Also, not sure if anyone saw this - "topper" listed in the diagnostic menu for Mando specific features. Since IMDN doesn't have one (but star wars does) I'd imagine this is to test motors... so $1000+ dollar "it moves" topper confirmed?

IMG_20210707_181748__01.jpg
#6059 4 months ago

LE # 215 Showed up today! So far its been amazing!

20210707_201745 (resized).jpg20210707_221817 (resized).jpg20210707_221847 (resized).jpg
#6060 4 months ago

Got my 270 today. Still deciding where to put it lol

mando (resized).jpg

#6061 4 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/117292#
Mando
Shooter rod assembly if someone wanted to add it to their game.

#6062 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Light shines through the speaker cone for sure
I guess we are using different terminology - the speaker surround is the butyl rubber interface between the cone and frame.
If you mean the frame, it appears to be metal and looking at my photos above, no light transmission. The cones, however, let plenty of light through (they glow with just the backbox lighting).

Yes, I now see my termonogy could be confusing there. I wasn't meaning to refer to a part of the actual speaker anatomy. I didn't know a "surround" was a part of a speakers make up. I thought that whole area of a speaker was just considered the cone. Sorry for the confusion.

What I was calling speaker surrounds, Stern calls speaker rings in the LE game manuals. They are black in The Mandalorian LE. It's the flat, square piece of acrylic or metal that goes between the speaker plate and the speaker. The visible part of them are the different color rings you see around the speakers on the recent Stern LE games. It's the part that seems like it should light up, but doesn't light up (except on Batman SLE and Deadpool LE)...unless you get speaker lights to light them up.

As for the speakers being lit up from the factory, by the backbox lighting...I wouldn't call it plenty, as it's only the top of the cones that light up. In my bias opinion, it looks like the LE speakers are supposed to be lighting up, but something is not working properly or is poorly implemented...unless you get speaker lights to light them up.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#6063 4 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

I preempted there Doug and bought dark blue from you in my last order. I think the dark blue will fit this game. The metal surrounds in led Zeppelin didn’t seem to make sense. I will be changing the black out regardless.
That LE looks stunning btw. Congrats!!! It looks way better now when in a lineup than in the promo pics. I’m excited for mine.

I added a "bronze" color surround set to my website that basically looks black until it is backlit. When it is backlit it allows light to shine though. All show with their normal colors, but with a bit of tint to them. It's a really nice "see through black" instead of the factory LE black, which I suspect doesn't allow any light to shine through them.

#6064 4 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I added a "bronze" color surround set to my website that basically looks black until it is backlit. When it is backlit it allows light to shine though. All show with their normal colors, but with a bit of tint to them. It's a really nice "see through black" instead of the factory LE black, which I suspect doesn't allow any light to shine through them.

I’m getting my LE soon. Is it the kit at the bottom?

http://speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

#6065 4 months ago

played the pro last night, killer game.... but the plastic ramps across the playfield was a bad choice

#6066 4 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

played the pro last night, killer game.... but the plastic ramps across the playfield was a bad choice

I still think metal habitrails would be (will be) better than the plastics, but after playing Mando for 4 hours the other night, I can't say I even noticed them once while playing.

#6067 4 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

I still think metal habitrails would be (will be) better than the plastics, but after playing Mando for 4 hours the other night, I can't say I even noticed them once while playing.

It's not that noticeable imo

#6068 4 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

It's not that noticeable imo

I agree. While metal would be a nice eventual upgrade they are far from necessary.

#6069 4 months ago

Wife complained immediately about cross plastics.

She sits on a stool to play and it turned out to be a major obstacle.

So to all you short folks or barstool sitters Beware!

For me the game turned out to be more enjoyable than anticipated.
Plastic not a problem I'm tall.

#6070 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Did she have much issue seeing the helmet playfield?

#6071 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Maybe try a taller stool till there are wireforms available

#6072 4 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

plans for wire ramps coming?

#6073 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Screenshot_20210708-125334_Chrome (resized).jpg
#6074 4 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Made inquiries the other day on production wire ramps and waiting for a response from Stern. Also looking at after market wire ramps as well. If some others aren't bothered by the plastic ramps, good for them. I find the ramps hard to see through and they take away from the gameplay experience.

#6075 4 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Maybe try a taller stool till there are wireforms available

You never suggest to Wifey you just listen.

#6076 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It should be renamed to the heavily manipulated “Stern Haters Lopped 100”, lol! That crowd won’t ever give any Stern a good review, lol. (Whether they’ve played it or not, doesn’t matter and not part of their rating thought process, as long as it’s kept down.)

I’d be shocked if the Stern haters didn’t drop it undeservedly to around 25 to 30, just like they did on Brian Eddie’s other game, STH. Now STH is highly sought after in spite of it only rising to a manipulated position of only #23. Demand and sales alone tell us where a machine should be ranked. On that note, STH and Mandalorian should both be in the top 5, as they are both in high demand. STH was slow out of the gate, because so many Stern haters piled on it early and kept berating it, even though now, most everyone loves it and trying to find one to purchase. Mando will unfortunately fall into the same downward manipulated pathway of pinside.
In contrast, Spooky a very good company, has so much good will, no matter how well Halloween does or doesn’t shoot, it will be ranked higher than both Mandalorian and STH. Crazy how the exact same designer Brain Eddie of the top 2 rated games for much of the time, has done Mando and STH, which are both arguably every bit as good, if not better. But because they have the Bally/Williams label are given carte blanche. Granted they are both good games too!

Hah You might want to get over yourself thinking most people are stern haters and try not to take it so personal. There’s very few people who stoop so low to try to skew ratings, I mean who actually does that…oh hey look at your ratings, I guess you’re one of them. Shame shame. Hahahaha

#6077 4 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Haha, not from me, no.

I just figure someone is likely to do it.

#6079 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m getting my LE soon. Is it the kit at the bottom?
http://speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

Any of the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits on that page will work in a Mando LE. Which you like the look of best and may decide on is up to the buyer.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#6080 4 months ago

I can not find any ball guides on my LE that need washers. Which guides are you guys raising?

edit- found one on the exit side of the inner loop

double edit- did both sides of the inner loop.

is there any other potential guide chippers?

#6081 4 months ago

Played 7 games on Mandalorian LE 11 at Helicon. Left ramp shot up to the upper playfield are bouncing out maybe 50% of all shots. Quite a few of those are draining back stdm. Feels like twilight zone how the ball bounces off the upper playfield diverter. Mando ball stop to upper playfield needs a magnet on the back to stop bounce backs.

6BFBA404-4FED-415E-87B0-387C2241DCBA (resized).jpeg
#6082 4 months ago

all you guys getting your LEs in...mine is sitting at my distros warehouse and I'm not getting any update on shipping. Blah.

#6083 4 months ago

Hi all
if anyones interested, we just finished making these for the Manalorian.. will fit any model.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-mandolorian
Also too: you can save 25% using the code CELEBRATE4 upon check out.
Offer good until SAT..
Thanks for looking.
-Joe

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 5.50.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-08 at 5.52.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-08 at 5.52.33 PM (resized).png
#6084 4 months ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Mando ball stop to upper playfield needs a magnet on the back to stop bounce backs.

I wonder if a little square of self-adhesive foam weatherstrip would absorb enough momentum to stop it. Lots of us have that lying around to use as beer seal.

#6085 4 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wonder if a little square of self-adhesive foam weatherstrip would absorb enough momentum to stop it. Lots of us have that lying around to use as beer seal.

it really is a case of people with too much ball speed (slope or flipper power). The ball goes a LONG way around the hook.. and the divertor already moves alot which kills energy. Bounce backs are possible, but shouldn't be dominating. The flippers don't need that much juice if it's really happening that often.

That said, beer seal is a simple answer.

#6086 4 months ago

In the works for the shooter lane.....early prototype.... rigidity may be an issue but I have a few other ideas for this.

20210708_183436 (resized).jpgd368c14d504fc7fa32df366359eae9993c1310a8 (resized).jpg
#6087 4 months ago

Set up my LE today, great game. 0 issues.

#6088 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I can not find any ball guides on my LE that need washers. Which guides are you guys raising?
edit- found one on the exit side of the inner loop
double edit- did both sides of the inner loop.
is there any other potential guide chippers?

Easy to get too?

#6089 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Easy to get too?

Wasnt to bad. Take off two screws in the plastic guard. Then removed the ramp wireform and ramp nut from under playfield and move the entire ramp out of the way and that will made it so you can get to the plastic covering the guide hex nuts. Then just removed the guide nuts and put washers under each end.

#6090 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wasnt to bad. Take off two screws in the plastic then. Then removed the ramp wireform and ramp nut from under playfield and that made it so could get to the plastic covering the guide hex nuts. Then just removed the guide nuts and put washers under each end.

Can you share pics of everything you put washers under?

Pretty please, I have mine coming and will do
The same

#6091 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Can you share pics of everything you put washers under?
Pretty please, I have mine coming and will do
The same

On the left side Stern already installed the front washer you see in pic but the actual guide end is tucked in behind there.

20210708_191937 (resized).jpg
#6092 4 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

all you guys getting your LEs in...mine is sitting at my distros warehouse and I'm not getting any update on shipping. Blah.

Mine is stuck on the way to my distro , freight issues … like everything these days .

#6093 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

On the left side Stern already installed the front washer you see in pic but the actual guide end is tucked in behind there.
[quoted image]

thanks! I saved the pic

#6094 4 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

In the works for the shooter lane.....early prototype.... rigidity may be an issue but I have a few other ideas for this.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This one's got some good potential, I'm sure if it's anything like the others you put together so far the finished version will be impressive. Keep them coming! I just placed my order for a pro, will probably be an October delivery date so until then ,I'll be shopping for mods.

#6095 4 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This one's got some good potential, I'm sure if it's anything like the others you put together so far the finished version will be impressive. Keep them coming! I just placed my order for a pro, will probably be an October delivery date so until then ,I'll be shopping for mods.

Yeah it's pretty cool man ...imo , still need to add more texture on the base

20210708_221716 (resized).jpg20210708_221722 (resized).jpg
#6096 4 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah You might want to get over yourself thinking most people are stern haters and try not to take it so personal. There’s very few people who stoop so low to try to skew ratings, I mean who actually does that…oh hey look at your ratings, I guess you’re one of them. Shame shame. Hahahaha

Shame. Agreed

#6097 4 months ago

LE #19 landed in The Netherlands!

4DFA97E7-E756-4DA5-BAB6-A5AEB6BD9EC4 (resized).jpeg
#6098 4 months ago

Had a chance to play this again last night. The visibility of the shots on the right is a problem due to the plastic ramps. The encounter playfield is low and behind so much stuff that my kids would have a difficult time seeing it. I want to like this machine but to me, these issues detract from the enjoyment of the game.

#6099 4 months ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Had a chance to play this again last night. The visibility of the shots on the right is a problem due to the plastic ramps. The encounter playfield is low and behind so much stuff that my kids would have a difficult time seeing it. I want to like this machine but to me, these issues detract from the enjoyment of the game.

I own the Pro you are correct stupid plastic return are in the line of sight but given the cost difference I'd stick with Pro everytime.
Mandalorian is a fun fun game to play.

Very happy with purchase.

#6100 4 months ago

Turned down the flipper power to 240 for right and left flippers, no issues with bouncebacks when hitting the diverter for the upperplayfield staging anymore... still able to rip all the shots otherwise.

The foam is a good idea as well (maybe would help with the broken diverters by absorbing/redistributing the impact of the shots more).

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside