(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 153.
#3801 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You've seen the gameplay that contradicts what the marketing says?

Based on interviews so far, the mini PF is primarily used for Encounters. Other main modes don't use it or use it sparingly. We won't know for sure, though, until we see the game in action in a few hours

#3802 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Hoping to see some Ralph McQuarrie style end credit paintings on the Mandalorian pinball machine during high score or attract mode...please,please,please.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To be honest, if the all the video assets were animations done in this style, that would be the one thing that might push me over to the buy category on this game. Doubtful.

#3803 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You can’t order everything though. For example...you can’t order prem / LE backglass. Also, It’s likely that the prem habitrails would not just slap on the pro without modification.

I have definitely ordered premium translights. LE specific parts are a no no, for sure. From the pics, the plastic entrance pieces are identical on both models, and the habitrails will fit properly. I'm just saying Stern will take our money for some metal habitrails. They realized a lot folks were willing to pay for the Eddie figures and other premium parts, so if they have stock, they will sell them, is my bet.

#3804 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Based on interviews so far, the mini PF is primarily used for Encounters. Other main modes don't use it or use it sparingly. We won't know for sure, though, until we see the game in action in a few hours

I got the impression nearly every mode ended with an encounter. But if not, cool.

#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

To be honest, if the all the video assets were animations done in this style, that would be the one thing that might push me over to the buy category on this game. Doubtful.

I swear there was never an end credit painting I didn’t like and I looked forward to viewing them after ever episode.
72C09D67-0E16-4B2B-8112-568CB4F26D96 (resized).jpeg72C09D67-0E16-4B2B-8112-568CB4F26D96 (resized).jpeg76008862-84B0-4735-9CDC-0A13446EA18D (resized).jpeg76008862-84B0-4735-9CDC-0A13446EA18D (resized).jpeg6C519C46-7B3D-4CE4-8DCE-7F3DF76100B6 (resized).jpeg6C519C46-7B3D-4CE4-8DCE-7F3DF76100B6 (resized).jpegE6A25EDE-CF75-4140-9DA0-51ABB653EA33 (resized).jpegE6A25EDE-CF75-4140-9DA0-51ABB653EA33 (resized).jpeg

#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Most looking forward to the LCD... hoping it has images from the show.

I'm hoping it doesn't ONLY so I can witness a full pinside meltdown.
boohoo.pngboohoo.png

#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I got the impression nearly every mode ended with an encounter. But if not, cool.

My takeaways from the interviews:

There's three main modes; Encounters, Missions, and Razor Crest. Each of those modes has a set of different events to complete. Complete the entire set to unlock a mode-specific mini wizard mode (for example, complete all Missions to unlock the Mission mini wizard mode). Complete all three main mini wizard modes to unlock This Is The Way wizard mode.

#3808 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have definitely ordered premium translights. LE specific parts are a no no, for sure. From the pics, the plastic entrance pieces are identical on both models, and the habitrails will fit properly. I'm just saying Stern will take our money for some metal habitrails. They realized a lot folks were willing to pay for the Eddie figures and other premium parts, so if they have stock, they will sell them, is my bet.

I would bet that the cost to produce the plastic ramps, stock and track them, etc. far exceeds any per-unit price difference at these volumes between them and the two-wire wireform version.

Stern is just going through all this trouble to slant more people towards the Premium model, which is annoying. I much prefer the "carrot" approach, where they actually put compelling additional features into the Prem vs the "stick", where they take stuff away as a deterrent to purchasing vs. actual cost savings. See spinners in Metallica Pro.

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I swear there was never an end credit painting I didn’t like and I looked forward to viewing them after ever episode.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you love still image art consider an AIQ.

#3810 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

(just politely say you'd like to order part no. XXXXX, there's no reason to start a discussion about Stern's policies or volunteer which model you own unless you're asked)

This is the way.

#3811 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you love still image art consider an AIQ.

...Ugh. AIQ is everything I despise about the Marvel universe.

#3812 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My buddy put down a deposit for a premium on day 1 and just got an email saying that he has one secured for him, but if he wanted to wait he wouldn’t be able to get him one until 2022. He has a great relationship with his distributor so I doubt he’s being dishonest.

I did the same, but my distributor is still taking deposits for the premium with a July delivery on their website.

#3813 2 years ago

Mando and Pinside today..

AB61CAF0-5F46-4D57-ABA8-CF604C73F05B (resized).jpegAB61CAF0-5F46-4D57-ABA8-CF604C73F05B (resized).jpeg

#3814 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't know about Premium parts, but in the past Stern has instructed distributors not to sell LE-specific parts without confirming LE ownership. But even that isn't always consistently implemented, so if you want an LE part as an upgrade for your Pro or Premium it's worth calling around (just politely say you'd like to order part no. XXXXX, there's no reason to start a discussion about Stern's policies or volunteer which model you own unless you're asked).

Good advice, also money talks, everyone wants to sell including Stern. I don't see a problem with getting Premium parts for your pro.

#3815 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You've seen the gameplay that contradicts what the marketing says?

Marketing says that Encounter modes are on the mini and that's it.

#3816 2 years ago

Greetings from Norway! The stream will be at a late hour here, 1 AM, but its weekend and I thought id have a chill loungy pre show on my DrainMorten twitch channel one hour before, talking and discussing the Mandalorian pinball with my club colleague, Axl .

Probably nothing new will surface, but we will have some beers and a good time! Feel free to crack open a cold one and join in on the chat, beginning in..almost exactly 2 hours

Just prepping OBS

https://www.twitch.tv/drainmorten
20210521_223216 (resized).jpg20210521_223216 (resized).jpg

#3817 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I would bet that the cost to produce the plastic ramps, stock and track them, etc. far exceeds any per-unit price difference at these volumes between them and the two-wire wireform version.
Stern is just going through all this trouble to slant more people towards the Premium model, which is annoying. I much prefer the "carrot" approach, where they actually put compelling additional features into the Prem vs the "stick", where they take stuff away as a deterrent to purchasing vs. actual cost savings. See spinners in Metallica Pro.

I was thinking that myself. They just want to make people perceive the premium as "worth the upgrade". At least in today's climate, the pros have been getting spinners, unlike poor MET pro.

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Also, It’s likely that the prem habitrails would not just slap on the pro without modification.

When you look at it closely- it really is the opposite. It’s clear the ramps were built to be modular and should swap right in.

#3819 2 years ago

Plastic ramps are a lot cheaper than metal wire forms. Making the ramps compatible with either form is them reducing inventory to manage.

Sure it's only a few dollars difference per game, but it adds up.

#3820 2 years ago

About the livestream.
Any guesses on how long Dwight will go on (and on) about ALL the rules before the first ball gets played?
I assume for +/- 35 minutes at least.
Place your bets.

#3821 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Mando and Pinside today..
[quoted image]

Hahahah feeing it.

#3822 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

About the livestream.
Any guesses on how long Dwight will go on (and on) about ALL the rules before the first ball gets played?
I assume for +/- 35 minutes at least.
Place your bets.

I think Dwight has gotten better about this when he comes with prepared notes. He's always super excited and can go on a mile long tangent on a very minor feature. It's fun in its own way. But yeah, probably 30 minutes lol.

I'm still surprised Stern doesn't do a more produced video that's a bit more focused. Then again, it's probably not worth the effort. Baby Yoda sells the game, not the ten minute overview video.

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Encounters are their own set of modes, separate from Missions and Razorcrest Multiballs.

#3824 2 years ago

What time is stream tonight? Anybody have the link? Thanks.

#3825 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It was posted today in this thread.

#3826 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

https://m.twitch.tv/deadflip/schedule 6pm central

#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You don't need to own a premium to order premium parts. Any distributor can order them for you. Here is an example.
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-cyborg-eddie-figure-with-mounting-bracket.html

Oh? I had a premium Trek and it was impossible to get a replacement head decal for it.

Stern had that locked down.

#3829 2 years ago
D52C7405-C46C-47D4-AB55-58390FB62F8B (resized).jpegD52C7405-C46C-47D4-AB55-58390FB62F8B (resized).jpeg
#3830 2 years ago

Fucking A I assumed it was eastern time

#3831 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Fucking A I assumed it was eastern time

Ha I noticed things had suddenly gotten quiet over the past 20 minutes figured dozens of people were getting ready for the 6pm Eastern stream

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I noticed things had suddenly gotten quiet over the past 20 minutes figured dozens of people were getting ready for the 6pm Eastern stream

I'll be there at 7 p.m., CrazyLevi New-York time!!!

#3833 2 years ago

after waiting 10 days for this, I'm hoping Dwight is brief. C'mon moving Baby Yoda!

#3834 2 years ago

YaY! The circle jerk is almost over! It’s reveal time!

#3835 2 years ago

Liftoff!!!!!!

#3836 2 years ago

It’s got a co/op mode

70D9FE83-A56B-4372-878F-A5EBE51105E2 (resized).png70D9FE83-A56B-4372-878F-A5EBE51105E2 (resized).png
#3837 2 years ago

Man... it's suddenly sooooo quiet in here

#3838 2 years ago

Link to stream?

#3839 2 years ago

So far has anyone actually heard Mando callouts from the actor? Haven't heard any yet. Hopefully this isn't a weird licensing thing.

#3841 2 years ago

Man, that mini PF with the standard flippers looks even less fun than I imagined. Still own/love my AC/DC, but avoid the lower PF (and it looks more fun than this one, which is more central to the game).

And why wouldn't the software disable the mini PF flippers when the ball isn't in-play on the mini PF? Weird and distracting.

#3842 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless it’s on the front page of twitch, it will have the 300-500 viewers it typically has.

1.7k currently lol

#3843 2 years ago

I think saw Grogu move!!! Anyone catch that?!?! He jiggled a bit and the head moved independently from the bodyyyyy lol

#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

1.7k currently lol

That’s gotta be a record if it’s not on the front page!

#3845 2 years ago

We have the answer. Doll does not move, unless you shake it like your baby.

#3846 2 years ago

Still have yet to hear a single Pedro Pascal show audio clip. Same goes for Giancarlo Esposito (Moff Gideon), Temuera Morrison (Bobba Fett), and Katee Sackhoff (Bo Katana). Licensing restriction or just not coded yet? Hope the show audio clips are just not coded but seems like a licensing restriction so far...

#3847 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s gotta be a record if it’s not on the front page!

It's on the front page.

#3848 2 years ago

Brian Eddy needs to learn some rudiments, yikes.

#3849 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Still have yet to hear a single Pedro Pascal show audio clip. Same goes for Giancarlo Esposito (Moff Gideon), Temuera Morrison (Bobba Fett), and Katee Sackhoff (Bo Katana). Licensing restriction or just not coded yet?

Also no Gina.

*Ducks*

#3850 2 years ago

Bill Burr confirmed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.