(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 153.
#6301 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I like the idea of the question mark award but I hope the chances of it landing on a higher priced item are low or else why wouldn't you just pick it every time?

To make sure you get what you actually want. More expensive doesn’t mean best in every situation.

#6302 2 years ago

I tried alot last night to get the DF 2 ball multiball but couldn't start it. I got the selector to land on the ? about 4 times which is hard to time right but gave me child picks award each time. Anybody else time the ? right and get the DF multiball to start?

Timing the ? with the action button reminds me of the no wammys show, lol!

#6303 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

This is immediately what I thought of too. No whammy’s no whammy’s stop!!

#6304 2 years ago

There aren't any whammys though. The question mark is all reward with no risk. Should be more expensive.

#6305 2 years ago

I’m a bit confused about the foundry and buying upgrades I purchased the ambian rifle but it never activates what am I missing the button just doesn’t light up.

#6306 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

There aren't any whammys though. The question mark is all reward with no risk. Should be more expensive.

The risk is hitting something besides the ? and if you do land it will it reward you the DF multiball. Dwight might have to change that rule up a bit or make the DF award percentage higher.

#6307 2 years ago

But if you hit something other than the ? you are still getting an upgrade at a reduced price.

#6308 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I’m a bit confused about the foundry and buying upgrades I purchased the ambian rifle but it never activates what am I missing the button just doesn’t light up.

Its only for adding a ball in multiball - were you trying outside of Multiball?

You can see which weapon is active by which square is lit on the left side of display

#6309 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Mando LE in the house!
[quoted image]

Why do carriers keep putting holes in those boxes??!!

Bunch of pictograms on it that some warehouse noobs won't know the meaning. Maybe it should also say 'DO NOT MAKE A HOLE IN BOX - FRAGILE', on all sides..

#6310 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

But if you hit something other than the ? you are still getting an upgrade at a reduced price.

Yeah but your not getting the new DF multiball and you could land on something you dont want. Ive even landed the ? 4x now and nada just child picks award. Wonder if theres a percentage setting for the awards in settings?

#6311 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Is that the misssion one? If so you need to start a mission and the button will turn yellow if Im thinking of the right award.

Edit- i see its the add a ball was answered above. Isnt it green during multiball when you have it?

#6312 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Of course there are. Anything that costs less than 100 beskar.

#6313 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Why do carriers keep putting holes in those boxes??!!
Bunch of pictograms on it that some warehouse noobs won't know the meaning. Maybe it should also say 'DO NOT MAKE A HOLE IN BOX - FRAGILE', on all sides..

3 of the 4 NIB games I’ve gotten so far, even from very short distances - have shown up with one or more holes in the boxes. Luckily no major damage. Not sure why it’s so hard to protect these better, I’m sure they just figure everything is insured and whatever happens happens…

#6314 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Of course there are. Anything that costs less than 100 beskar.

Does anything cost less than 100? Armor is 200 from what I remember, but I can't remember seeing anything for 100.

#6315 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anything cost less than 100? Armor is 200 from what I remember, but I can't remember seeing anything for 100.

I thought the whole point was you could get something more than 100, or something cheaper, hence the risk.

#6316 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought the whole point was you could get something more than 100, or something cheaper, hence the risk.

SCOPE cost 75
Question mark is cheap because it takes away your choice.

Most of the time when I get Foundry I have one or two things I need because of where I am going next. Choosing the QM is less attractive than picking the thing I need. Therefore it needs to be cheep. I could risk getting something I don't want but I might get something expensive that I couldn't currently afford.

#6317 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

SCOPE cost 75
Question mark is cheap because it takes away your choice.
Most of the time when I get Foundry I have one or two things I need because of where I am going next. Choosing the QM is less attractive than picking the thing I need. Therefore it needs to be cheep. I could risk getting something I don't want but I might get something expensive that I couldn't currently afford.

Makes sense as it will make me try equipment I wouldn't buy normally as I have engrained myself into holding out for Extra Ball unless I have 2x going into a multiball I buy the multiplier to get 5x. I don't know if that's the best strategy but I have been reluctant to change.

#6318 2 years ago

If there's one thing Gilligan's Island taught us, it's that random award multiballs are awesome.

#6319 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If there's one thing Gilligan's Island taught us, it's that random award multiballs are awesome.

That and... Mary Ann was the hot one.

#6320 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

3 of the 4 NIB games I’ve gotten so far, even from very short distances - have shown up with one or more holes in the boxes. Luckily no major damage. Not sure why it’s so hard to protect these better, I’m sure they just figure everything is insured and whatever happens happens…

One of the reasons why I pay cointaker for white glove delivery. They bring the box to me from their site, unbox make sure its ok and only then do they leave. Any issues are documented and Cointaker is just awesome to deal with. Worth the extra bit for my peice of mind and I dont have to do shit!

#6321 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I tried alot last night to get the DF 2 ball multiball but couldn't start it. I got the selector to land on the ? about 4 times which is hard to time right but gave me child picks award each time. Anybody else time the ? right and get the DF multiball to start?

Jack Danger streamed the new code last night and was having the same issue. He eventually took the glass off to give himself enough Beskar to buy all items other than the question mark. It still took another 2 or 3 question mark hits before he got DF.

It is more of a novelty mode, akin to JP Goat mode, that will probably have you wanting to rip your ears off.

#6322 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Jack Danger streamed the new code last night and was having the same issue. He eventually took the glass off to give himself enough Beskar to buy all items other than the question mark. It still took another 2 or 3 question mark hits before he got DF.
It is more of a novelty mode, akin to JP Goat mode, that will probably have you wanting to rip your ears off.

Hmm sounds like Dwight needs to revisit that DF mode and make it alittle easier to get or get rid of the ? and just make it a item you can buy would work better.

#6323 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

One of the reasons why I pay cointaker for white glove delivery. They bring the box to me from their site, unbox make sure its ok and only then do they leave. Any issues are documented and Cointaker is just awesome to deal with. Worth the extra bit for my peice of mind and I dont have to do shit!

You want to make sure that the delivery truck has a lift gate. Mine got delivered in a standard truck and I noticed that they took it off the pallet/skid and laid it down on top of other stuff because two guys were lifting the box out of the truck. Was not happy about that, that it was off the skid. This machine was flown into Boston. I'm sure it was left on the skid for that part of the journey. They did bring it right in the house though and that helped me since I normally have to hand truck it into the house myself from the street or garage. There's a couple of cab decal dings but no box damage at those 2 points it seems. Not sure then if it was a delivery ding or Stern factory ding. Either way, make sure that the box stays on the skid until you possess it, request a lift gated truck.

#6324 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Something that Dwight has taught us. Adjustments are awesome.

#6325 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Sounds like they wrote a topper mode, decided not to go that route, and just threw it in somewhere.

#6326 2 years ago

I noticed I only get the letter D awarded no matter which lane the ball goes. Must be error in the code

Update: Nevermind, connector was not seated fully that handle the rollover switches

#6327 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have heard several people saying their LED bulb is falling out of the socket by Grogu, and I thought I would share my fix. What I do for loose LED's is use a small piece of clear scotch tape that sticks to side of socket and then half way to center of LED. No glue or permanent fixes, sometimes I will try and bend the wire leads out-but that usually does not work. Scotch tape works well and you do not see it.

a dab of hot glue between the bulb and the reflector. works flawlessly every time, for me.

#6328 2 years ago

Just got mine, seems to need a lot of tweaking. I lowered the flipper power but I'm getting a lot of rejects from the top of the encounters ramp. Is everyone just trying to stick something up there to cushion the ball or what?
I also cant quite figure out what's going on with the post in the back of the playfield. Doesnt seem like it's always working correctly.

#6329 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just got mine, seems to need a lot of tweaking. I lowered the flipper power but I'm getting a lot of rejects from the top of the encounters ramp. Is everyone just trying to stick something up there to cushion the ball or what?
I also cant quite figure out what's going on with the post in the back of the playfield. Doesnt seem like it's always working correctly.

What is the post doing? Did you update to .97 code? The post I believe is to 'push' the ball into the Child(Grogu) area instead of letting it go around the orbit. It does seem to be popping up some at the wrong times. Try holding left flipper in until ball hits spinner on your plunge. Also dont use action button to plunge do it manually it seems to work nicer to hit the spinner. That will open up the skill shots combo that is one of the most fun ways to start a game, reminds me of the secret super skill shots in Wonka.

#6330 2 years ago

Anyone get an estimate of when they will ship the first Mando Premiums? I was a day one order with a distributor who said I was #3 on his list so I would expect it pretty fast once they begin shipping.

#6331 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have heard several people saying their LED bulb is falling out of the socket by Grogu, and I thought I would share my fix. What I do for loose LED's is use a small piece of clear scotch tape that sticks to side of socket and then half way to center of LED. No glue or permanent fixes, sometimes I will try and bend the wire leads out-but that usually does not work. Scotch tape works well and you do not see it.

Good idea! So what does that exactly look like? Where exactly do you place the tape?

#6332 2 years ago

For anyone that has their Mandalorian leveled already. What's the measured distance from bottom of the leg leveler to the bottom of the cab for the front legs and back legs? I want to get it close before looking at the pf level, machine is still packaged. If I have the leg levelers dialed all the way down, there's 4.5 inch difference, back is longer by 4.5 inches. My MMR is only 3 inch difference. Do I need to bring the front up? is what I am trying to delermine. Thanks!

#6333 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Anyone get an estimate of when they will ship the first Mando Premiums? I was a day one order with a distributor who said I was #3 on his list so I would expect it pretty fast once they begin shipping.

im in same boat and was told a few days ago it could be within next 2 weeks.

#6334 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good idea! So what does that exactly look like? Where exactly do you place the tape?

Really simple I just tear a 1/2" piece of clear scotch tape, then I tear that piece into a forth(3-5mm) and wedge in-between socket and bulb. Really small piece of tape-it does not take much and it is small and clear so it does not stand out. I used to use hot glue, but found this was much easier and holds them in well. Easy-cheesy

#6335 2 years ago

We received our LE yesterday and wasted no time getting it unpacked and updating the code. The cabinet looks so sharp I don't want to slide it into place along the wall just yet. My wife and I really enjoy the game so far with all the shots, call outs and video assets. She got on a roll and set the GC score at 197M after only a few plays. This one is definitely going to be a popular game around here.

Mando1 (resized).jpgMando1 (resized).jpgMando2 (resized).jpgMando2 (resized).jpg
#6336 2 years ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

My wife and I really enjoy the game so far with all the shots, call outs and video assets. She got on a roll and set the GC score at 197M after only a few plays. This one is definitely going to be a popular game around here.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The factory set GC is only set to 20,000,000 if I remember correctly when did my machine resets yesterday. All of the high scores are factory set very low as well, for standard play, coop and impossible and team play.

#6337 2 years ago

The things I would do to get a Mando LE right now, and yet some peeps do this to it.. shame..

#6338 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Drop of super glue on the base of bulb between the metal prongs and let it get tacky before install and use the least amount possible.

Just wrap the bottom of the led w/ a thin strip of electrical tape...that will provide enough friction to keep it from falling out. And you won't have to mess around w/ super glue...

#6339 2 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

Just wrap the bottom of the led w/ a thin strip of electrical tape...that will provide enough friction to keep it from falling out. And you won't have to mess around w/ super glue...

Been there done that they still eventually fall out. What was it xmen i think i had so many wedges kept popping out. Electrical tape the crap out of those bulbs. Small dab of glue is easier and i use such a small amount the bulb can easily be taken out if i ever want to. Being that its a spot id rather glue it in, now if it was a insert i wouldnt glue it because i might want to change it out.

#6340 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

My distributor got 14 machines today.

#6341 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

who's your distributor?

#6342 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Been there done that they still eventually fall out. What was it xmen i think i had so many wedges kept popping out. Electrical tape the crap out of those bulbs. Small dab of glue is easier and i use such a small amount the bulb can easily be taken out if i ever want to. Being that its a spot id rather glue it in, now if it was a insert i wouldnt glue it because i might want to change it out.

I use a dab of silicone or hot glue for problematic wedge bulbs. If manufacturers actually play tested games any more theyd identify the problem ones and make them bayonet.

#6343 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Of premiums? Not LEs? For real? Sweet! Stern has ramped up production significantly then.

#6344 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yep. I have the same problem. Different game but I have tried every suggestion short of hot glue and it still eventually came out. I’ll be firing up the gun once I determine if the reason it no longer fires is bulb or socket related.

#6345 2 years ago

Anyone think that installing a playfield protector might be a warranty problem? Meaning, a lot of the pf parts have to be removed and re-installed to get the protector in. What are the implications to the warranty?

#6346 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

You responded to the question about premium machines but I think you mean LEs above. I’ve not heard of any premiums making it to any distributor yet. Am I wrong? Thanks!

#6347 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You responded to the question about premium machines but I think you mean LEs above. I’ve not heard of any premiums making it to any distributor yet. Am I wrong? Thanks!

Stern posted on Facebook at the beginning of this week that Premiums were in full production, considering they crank out about 70-100 games per day, and the way it went with the LEs, I would imagine premiums are either on the road already or hitting the road early next week barring any unknown delays (which seem to happen often).

#6348 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Yep. I have the same problem. Different game but I have tried every suggestion short of hot glue and it still eventually came out. I’ll be firing up the gun once I determine if the reason it no longer fires is bulb or socket related.

Try the electrical tape fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

#6349 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My distributer apparently only got a few (didn't say how many). So either not many were made, my distributer got screwed (and didn't get how many they thought), or they screwed me (and didn't honor the list) - but am no longer in the July run (Which I was told I was in earlier this month) and am being told August or October...

For reference I got on the list (spot #5) the day before the announcement...

#6350 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

My distributer apparently only got a few (didn't say how many). So either not many were made, my distributer got screwed (and didn't get how many they thought), or they screwed me (and didn't honor the list) - but am no longer in the July run (Which I was told I was in earlier this month) and am being told August or October...
For reference I got on the list (spot #5) the day before the announcement...

From my understanding, the Premiums being made right now were somewhat of a surprise so I wouldn't blame your distributor. I was a day 1 order and one of the first at my dealer and originally they told me July. It was changed to October and it wasn't their choice. The small numbers of Premiums now being sent was not expected. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I was told.

That being said, congrats to those getting the Premiums now!! I can't imagine how exciting it would be to think you're getting it in October only to find out you're getting it next week!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.