(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,596 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KozMckPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 436 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 336 votes
    35%

(970 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F0322937-7361-4AAC-8629-1A2E62FF464F (resized).jpeg
ADF0EDC1-8DD3-48FD-84B8-8F337585CF18 (resized).jpeg
4C47DE31-74DB-46B8-9614-0F7D3138444D (resized).jpeg
380BEC22-8431-4D30-9D7C-19F706E0A58B (resized).jpeg
9D3CFFBB-44E2-4608-A20D-12E95ED553A3 (resized).jpeg
F1B96273-C8A4-45ED-801B-438E748C39EF (resized).jpeg
9B036D11-B8DA-4CC4-B5D1-204C005A26AF (resized).jpeg
68C51585-7D63-4491-9210-532B0C2A79D6 (resized).jpeg
C68CD0F6-2435-48C0-8155-E95CE5507D35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 9.22.01 (resized).png
3154E062-16B4-40D1-BCD9-D3B5005082DA (resized).jpeg
31C49DB4-F98C-4743-88C5-38C336809A94 (resized).jpeg
36B25296-EDDC-47B4-A6BF-A624D38CC58D (resized).jpeg
B0DA822F-E296-44E3-9838-736FF5315546 (resized).jpeg
E09B9A10-2B08-4581-B709-90B7C938BE09 (resized).jpeg
3B26C190-AF4B-4ED3-BB7F-77A7279AB032 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 152.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I find this “moving Grogu” speculation hilarious. IDK how you can watch the all promo videos, read the feature matrix & somehow believe it’s animated. It’s hard plastic!

It’s fun to speculate while we wait for gameplay. Stranger Things said zip about UV anywhere. But it was always there.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DOES IT MOVE MOTHERFUCKA????[quoted image]

35BA8561-B998-4881-91FF-2949F1E5ED01 (resized).png
#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It takes up an awfully large amount of real estate to be stagnant.

Do we all so quickly forget Wolverine from xmen?

#3004 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I find this “moving Grogu” speculation hilarious. IDK how you can watch the all promo videos, read the feature matrix & somehow believe it’s animated. It’s hard plastic!

Why should Stern spend money developing fancy mechs? They just need to make it easy to modify and someone will do the work for them.
Same goes for sound.

#3005 1 year ago

The podcast with Brian E was great. the code sounds awsome, specifically the impossible mode and co-op mode this sounds like a home run

#3006 1 year ago

Did it move yet ?

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did it move yet ?

In 2021 the cases of Shaken Baby Yoda Syndrome increased 200%. MOOOVE JUUST FFF'NGG MOOVE GOD DAMN YOUUU

#3008 1 year ago
zzzzz185502020_10219503966698375_311673812445375990_n (resized).jpg
#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from BillySastard:Hulk on the original Avengers had a ton of ball hangups.

Not if you set him up properly. We had zero hang ups on our LE.

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

The podcast with Brian E was great. the code sounds awsome, specifically the impossible mode and co-op mode this sounds like a home run

Did he mention anything about a moving Grogu?

#3011 1 year ago

I think I saw him move...

#3012 1 year ago

The coolest thing is a magnet that is like Grogu is using the force? Wow, a magnet. Even 25 year old machines have more impressive ball levitation effects. Gotta say, lackluster given the source material they had to work with. Grogu could dance like the alien in Spaceballs and it wouldn’t spice things up much.

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Brian Eddy sort of says that Grogu has no animation but he's talking about how an animated Grogu would be a maintenance issue on location. So it could have been in the non-location type machines, premium/LE but who knows? Listen at 26:45...

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136

#3014 1 year ago

who cares if it moves or not really, I am not buying the game based on that. I want to see how it shoots!!!

#3015 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Like Solo in carbonite.

Grogu on ice (resized).jpeg
#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wasn’t there a situation at the last minute with Stern and GOTpro. People/Stern Staff looked at the game and said, “Wheres the Iron Throne,” and then right before production Stern threw in a stationary throne for the pro? Maybe Stern threw in a stationary baby Yoda for the Mandalorian pro or something?

Ok, but that also requires ignoring Brian E's quoted statements where he says entirely the opposite.. where the doll was the FIRST thing he placed.

#3017 1 year ago

Yodagate.

#3018 1 year ago

It moves but uses a Jedi mind trick on you while playing ...”You did not see me move”(slow circular wave of hand)...”I did not see you move”...”keep playing”....”I’ll just keep playing”

8BA091FE-230B-490F-B930-9D28E3284F8B (resized).png
#3019 1 year ago

“Put more quarters in”...”I don’t have any more”....”go get some “.....”don’t move I’ll be right back “

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ok, but that also requires ignoring Brian E's quoted statements where he says entirely the opposite.. where the doll was the FIRST thing he placed.

Where is this quoted?

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Brian Eddy sort of says that Grogu has no animation but he's talking about how an animated Grogu would be a maintenance issue on location. So it could have been in the non-location type machines, premium/LE but who knows? Listen at 26:45...
https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136

He does state "something special he does..." so I wonder what that refers to?

Maybe when the magnet catches the ball the do a dramatic lighting effect and set off the shaker to try to make it a moment?

Looking forward seeing more gameplay footage.

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

He does state "something special he does..." so I wonder what that refers to?
Maybe when the magnet catches the ball the do a dramatic lighting effect and set off the shaker to try to make it a moment?
Looking forward seeing more gameplay footage.

That's a cool insight you make. Turn on the shaker when the magnet has the ball and Grogu shakes. Interesting.

#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

he did, it does not move but has a roll with the magnet in the code. the code really sounds great to me

#3024 1 year ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Where is this?

#3026 1 year ago

I haven't seen a lot of talk about the play field art, I am pretty impressed myself. His first crack at Star Wars Comic version I felt was largely taking the first machines and changing the style but I really like what I see here. Not super crazy about the cabinet art or the back glass art but his play field work looks awesome. I probably like the artwork on the Pro cab and back glass the best with the exception of all the orange. Props to the Randy and I hope to see a lot more from him on Sterns moving forward, maybe see what he can do outside of Star Wars.

#3027 1 year ago

Of course Grogo doesn't move... this is Stern 2021. Slap it in, place a standard magnet over..... roll over lanes!! Yeah, that's the ticket!! That will get people excited!! Look at how awesome the spinner that pops up went over in LZ!!

That idea surely got someone "employee of the month".

#3028 1 year ago

the artwork in the nicest I have seen in a Stern after Deadpool and AIQ - I know it is a different artist - and his style fits Star Wars and Mando well.
I really like it, have no complaints about the art. The doll at the back it bothers me a bit.

I recommend listening to the interview that was posted earlier if you have the time. I think this is going to be a great game.
The shots are all really fun and seem to be a fast table. The mini PF in the Prem/Le might be a good gimmick after all, it is pretty well described in the interview and it sort of sold me on the game now.

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I had a route, they would be in every location. These things are gonna print money. Put these next to stranger things and rake it in.

That’s what I’m doing. Stranger Things has been my top earner, I have no doubt Mandalorian will do well too.

#3030 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Of course Grogo doesn't move... this is Stern 2021. Slap it in, place a standard magnet over..... roll over lanes!! Yeah, that's the ticket!! That will get people excited!! Look at how awesome the spinner that pops up went over in LZ!!
That idea surely got someone "employee of the month".

And if this was JJP it would be a fully loaded and featured game... that no one would ever be able to buy.

That being said, there are a lot of cool titles that Stern has where I think JJP would have knocked it out of the park and not just cheaped out...

#3031 1 year ago

After listening to the Brian/Dwight interview, the “impossible play” sounds so damn fun when you get a few buddies over that have dollar bills to lose ItsOnlyPinball - Brilliant!
And the co-op is PERFECT for me and my sons to play together. So much depth on so many levels built into this game.
Something for everyone.

#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Every time the pin rumbles & shakes, the switch on top of his head will activate, making his ears, head & eyes move.
Problem fixed. Moving Grogu. And you saved the $350+ markup some modder will rake you for.

Guys just relax I will be selling a mini fan that blows up Grogu's skirt every time the magnet engages and it will be way less than $350 at $329.95

Now seriously can someone please complain about the coin inserts on the pro vs the le...... go

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

After listening to the Brian/Dwight interview, the “impossible play” sounds so damn fun when you get a few buddies over that have dollar bills to lose ItsOnlyPinball - Brilliant!
And the co-op is PERFECT for me and my sons to play together. So much depth on so many levels built into this game.
Something for everyone.

So True!

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If you're bored, check out the threads about how JJP will absolutely make more POTC! Because reasons!

People will believe what they want to believe, myself included.

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

it does not move but has a roll with the magnet

Well, which is it? Does Grogu not move, or does he roll with the magnet?

#3037 1 year ago

Watching the trailer again why does the mini-PF flippers work at the same time as the main flippers. Seems that the mini-playfield flips should only be available when the ball is on the mini-PF and not all the time. Player is in this mode use these flips only.

#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from mummite:

Watching the trailer again why does the mini-PF flippers work at the same time as the main flippers. Seems that the mini-playfield flips should only be available when the ball is on the mini-PF and not all the time. Player is in this mode use these flips only.

Because if a $2 switch broke then you'd never be able to play the upper playfield (the game wouldn't know the ball was up there and it wouldn't activate the flippers or the mode).

This is why all upper playfield flippers are wired to the main flippers, or have their own buttons.

Who cares anyway? You paying by the flip?

#3039 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Grogu is animated this would be incompetent marketing on a legendary level. Stern makes decisions that baffle me but I just can't believe they are capable of that big a blunder. If it moved what possible reason would you have to not show it off.

Maybe he moves, but it really IS the Herman Munster model reskinned so it's really embarrassing and they regret ever doing it

#3040 1 year ago

I was wondering if there are any games in which the main flippers are deactivated during play in an upper playfield. I figure it would be difficult to manage during multiball - unless it‘s impossible to use the upper playfield during multiball. Not deactivating them because of switch reliability seems kind of unlikely, though - there are many crucial functions in a pin which depend on a given switch functioning.

#3041 1 year ago

I haven't worked on the games from the past few years but at least on the older stuff, the flippers aren't really cpu controlled other than a relay turning them entirely off or on, so to turn off one set and allow the other set to work you'd have to have a couple relays the cpu was controlling.... the typical way they used to do it at least was the end of stroke switch has another switch next to it that triggers the upper flipper, or you have doubled up cabinet switches on the buttons.

So you could disable one or the other but you'd have to add a relay to do that. In this particular game the ball can likely enter the upper playfield very quickly so relying on the cpu enabling and disabling certain flippers at certain times doesn't seem very useful to me.

There's just no real reason to turn off the top flippers. Every other game that has a third flipper or four flippers always has them flipping when the bottom ones do so I'm not sure why anybody needs to change that...

#3042 1 year ago

Not that it matters because who cares but my money is on they flip when the ball is up there and when in multiball.

#3044 1 year ago

the Mando mask is quite a tricky one to draw up.

mando shooter (resized).png
#3045 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because if a $2 switch broke then you'd never be able to play the upper playfield (the game wouldn't know the ball was up there and it wouldn't activate the flippers or the mode).

Still it wouldn't be that hard to make it a setting: standard always all flippers on, and for homeusers who'd like that: only on when a ball goes into the mini-playfield untill a non-miniplayfield switch is hit or a timer runs out (if you want that for your mini-playfield-game, you could even make the miniplayfield-game about earning seconds before entering the miniplayfield so there's a bigger chance to achieve there what you'd like). And flipper on while in multiball. A home-user that uses that setting would know when to replace a switch.
Advantages being less noise and less maintenance.

#3046 1 year ago

they can be found here: https://www.shapeways.com/mymodels?T=1620984738648
MandoBaskar (resized).png
MandoLogo (resized).pngMandomask1 (resized).pngMandomask3 (resized).pngMandomask2 (resized).pngMandomask4 (resized).pngMandomask5 (resized).pnggrey solid nylon (resized).jpgBronzed black steel (resized).jpgnickel steel (resized).jpg

#3047 1 year ago
Quoted from mummite:

The smart thing to do would be to disable the mini-pf flippers when not in use. Too much mechanical clatter.

Really surprised to see a mini-pf in this game...especially with basic flipper control. Maybe they have it slowly tilt up and down during it's operation, that would make it fun to shoot for.

#3048 1 year ago

It’s really common for upper pf flippers to work all the time even when the ball is not up there.

#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s really common for upper pf flippers to work all the time even when the ball is not up there.

Is it common? It's solved with a simple in and out opto, like is done on Twilight Zone, for example.

I guess optos cost money.

#3050 1 year ago

I agree that having the two huge mini pf flippers pointed at your face being active at all times is dumb. At least in the pro it feels more like a third flipper so no big deal. Isn’t this just an easy software fix though? I assume they are disabling the flippers with software for the impossible mode right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Mödley Crüe
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 7,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 152.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!