(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 150.
#6351 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

From my understanding, the Premiums being made right now were somewhat of a surprise so I wouldn't blame your distributor. I was a day 1 order and one of the first at my dealer and originally they told me July. It was changed to October and it wasn't their choice. The small numbers of Premiums now being sent was not expected. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I was told.
That being said, congrats to those getting the Premiums now!! I can't imagine how exciting it would be to think you're getting it in October only to find out you're getting it next week!!

That makes sense and also explains why those premium production shots had LEs mixed in with them. So I'll go with not many made then during this run...

#6352 4 months ago

Yeah the same problem with the premiums in Europe

#6353 4 months ago

So the only games really being delivered are the le games,very few pros very few premium,

#6354 4 months ago

WTB: Mando Pro in New England area (if anyone is moving on from theirs to get a prem or LE). Lmk! My distrib is out and I’m impatient haha. Would be going on location

#6355 4 months ago

I would not be surprised if we see premiums at scalpers prices,like le game are

#6356 4 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

100%.

#6357 4 months ago

$10G by August

Quoted from rockrand:

#6358 4 months ago

Quick question. Where is the USB port to load updated game software? I see it on the schematic CN9 or something but do I have to take the back glass off to get to it?

#6359 4 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Quick question. Where is the USB port to load updated game software? I see it on the schematic CN9 or something but do I have to take the back glass off to get to it?

Take off backglass and on the board. Think there are 2 ports. Either one works.

#6360 4 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You responded to the question about premium machines but I think you mean LEs above. I’ve not heard of any premiums making it to any distributor yet. Am I wrong? Thanks!

We were specifically talking about Premiums. They are in production as of this week.

#6361 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

who's your distributor?

I don't want to put them on blast in case they wish to keep that info private. It's a big distributor.

#6362 4 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

My distributer apparently only got a few (didn't say how many). So either not many were made, my distributer got screwed (and didn't get how many they thought), or they screwed me (and didn't honor the list) - but am no longer in the July run (Which I was told I was in earlier this month) and am being told August or October...
For reference I got on the list (spot #5) the day before the announcement...

Oh man, that is hugely disappointing to read. I am sorry that happened to you and hoping that I do not share in your fate.

#6363 4 months ago

From my understanding all the premium for the next number of month have been made,I was bumped from my spot also,nothing for a while,hope my distro is wrong but I doubt it

#6364 4 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man, that is hugely disappointing to read. I am sorry that happened to you and hoping that I do not share in your fate.

Gotta love the transparency these distros and manufacturers have /sarcasm

#6365 4 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Apparently they misspoke (after pressing further) and I have one in this run. Guess we will see.

#6366 4 months ago

#122 in the house . Got a banner to go with it.

12392732-2542-401E-B56D-B847C272BFC8 (resized).jpeg28A3BC56-5EA8-4262-BE63-1D8B686BFDCF (resized).jpeg48EC9CF2-F014-4EBB-A3DC-DF6F495F6BFF (resized).jpegD5C612F5-84B8-4A41-95A2-997C0FF21D05 (resized).jpegE6CB4506-7319-4C82-B939-36B2F3C3CBD0 (resized).jpeg
#6367 4 months ago

amazon.com link »

A little square of this on the catch of the diverter causes the balls to stop dead. No more bounce backs, even with flipper power at factory default.

I used some 3M VHB squares I had on hand to make sure this stays put.

#6368 4 months ago

Got the Mando LE leveled. Pretty much all legs should be adjusted to the same leg leveler position, meaning all leg levelers dialed all the way down (nut to the lowest position on the screw) works, which sets the machine at the lowest overall height. The adjustment is really, how high do you generally want the machine? If you want the machine an inch higher for players' standing comfort, adjust all the leg levelers for the adjustable nut to be 1 inch up. I made a machine stool to hold it up while I adjusted. Made it for my MMR about 4 years ago.

thumbnail_IMG_8419 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_8421 (resized).jpg

Edit: I noticed someone down voted this and if you do not agree with what I am stating here please add comments. I'd hate to give bad information. To me, it seems that the leg bolt holes for the back legs are 4.5 inches higher than the front leg bolt holes. My point was, that 4.5 inch difference (if all leg levelers are at the same height) gives pretty much exactly the right playfield angle to have the bubble between the 2 lines. Other people might be more exact with this, maybe using a digital level and going steeper. Just what I experienced with it, right or wrong.

#6369 4 months ago

Anyone think that installing a playfield protector might be a warranty problem? Meaning, a lot of the pf parts have to be removed and re-installed to get the protector in. What are the implications to the warranty?

I wouldn't worry about the stated warranty as nothing on top of the playfield is in it anyway. Stern is usually pretty good if something fails within a reasonable amount of time. Though their response time can be significantly slower now than pre-pandemic, from hours to days on occasion.

#6370 4 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

#122 in the house . Got a banner to go with it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a plywood bottom like the rest of the LEs? If so that's a nice piece of plywood, looks like no seams in it at all.

#6371 4 months ago

Forgot to post under playfield pics

IMG_20210707_181222.jpgIMG_20210707_181303.jpgIMG_20210707_181319.jpgIMG_20210707_181343.jpg
#6372 4 months ago

Knock on wood, theoretically my Premium may be shipping Monday. Will feel better when I get the shipping notice but a good sign so far. Day one order with money submitted.

#6373 4 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Different game but I have tried every suggestion short of hot glue and it still eventually came out.

I've used the Gorilla epoxy glue over the years. I had one bulb pop out once despite that but it took the lamp cone chrome coating with it, so it wasn't a problem with the glue so to speak. I will glue this bulb live on stream this Sunday.

#6374 4 months ago

This should be the mod of the year.

20210716_190506 (resized).jpg
#6375 4 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

How does it hold up is there any usage wear? Maybe it could be clear coated?

#6376 4 months ago

How does it hold up is there any usage wear? Maybe it could be clear coated?

$15 bucks
Just buy another!

#6377 4 months ago

Got my premium today and love it!

#6378 4 months ago

I was just told my Premium ships out Monday!

#6379 4 months ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

Link to purchase? Tilt?

#6380 4 months ago

Got the Mando LE leveled. Pretty much all legs should be adjusted to the same leg leveler position, meaning all leg levelers dialed all the way down (nut to the lowest position on the screw) works, which sets the machine at the lowest overall height. The adjustment is really, how high do you generally want the machine? If you want the machine an inch higher for players' standing comfort, adjust all the leg levelers for the adjustable nut to be 1 inch up. I made a machine stool to hold it up while I adjusted. Made it for my MMR about 4 years ago.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Edit: I noticed someone down voted this and if you do not agree with what I am stating here please add comments. I'd hate to give bad information. To me, it seems that the leg bolt holes for the back legs are 4.5 inches higher than the front leg bolt holes. My point was, that 4.5 inch difference (if all leg levelers are at the same height) gives pretty much exactly the right playfield angle to have the bubble between the 2 lines. Other people might be more exact with this, maybe using a digital level and going steeper. Just what I experienced with it, right or wrong.

I didn’t downvote this but I am at about a 6.8 and I like it front is all the way down and my bubble is slightly out of the lines but how accurate is that bubble actually?

#6381 4 months ago

Played the Mando LE and it's fantastic!! Best Star Wars game ever IMO!

#6382 4 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I didn’t downvote this but I am at about a 6.8 and I like it front is all the way down and my bubble is slightly out of the lines but how accurate is that bubble actually?

Steeper in that case, my guess is your bubble is above the top line. In the lines, Stern says its 6.5. How high are the rear leg levelers on your machine? If you make them all the way down like your front ones you'll probably be around 6.5 and bubble in the middle. That's all I am stating here. To get to 6.8 (above 6.5) you have to dial up the rear leg levelers if the fronts are all the way down. Having all 4 leg levelers at the same height gets about 6.5 and bubble in the middle. Just interesting conversation, thanks!

#6383 4 months ago

#170 just arrived today!

8C7B5634-4991-48EC-B0C0-022D7D205C84 (resized).jpeg8D1039BD-2556-415B-A040-2FC613FAD32A (resized).jpeg
#6384 4 months ago

Steeper in that case, my guess is your bubble is above the top line. In the lines, Stern says its 6.5. How high are the rear leg levelers on your machine? If you make them all the way down like your front ones you'll probably be around 6.5 and bubble in the middle. That's all I am stating here. To get to 6.8 (above 6.5) you have to dial up the rear leg levelers if the fronts are all the way down. Having all 4 leg levelers at the same height gets about 6.5 and bubble in the middle. Just interesting conversation, thanks!

Here's mine at 6.5 with a 10" digital level. All my legs are basicly all the way in.

20210716_231645 (resized).jpg
#6385 4 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Here's mine at 6.5 with a 10" digital level. All my legs are basicly all the way in.
[quoted image]

Ok, bubble might not be accurate I guess but all leg levelers are the same in your case and that passes the test, as an acceptable 6.5, which is Stern's recommendation. Thanks!

#6386 4 months ago

that bubble is never a good way to set pitch! I was told my premium is coming next week so Im super excited. Im going to powder coat a spare set of legs/lockdown bar for this. First time im doing this. I guess Im going to try and match the LE colors, but any other suggestions? EDIT: I think im going to try and match the organge color from Mando letters. That beskar gray wouldnt go well with premium color scheme

Also what is everyones pitch on this game? Did I see some saying around 6.8?

#6387 4 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that bubble is never a good way to set pitch! I was told my premium is coming next week so Im super excited. Im going to powder coat a spare set of legs/lockdown bar for this. First time im doing this. I guess Im going to try and match the LE colors, but any other suggestions?

I don't have a digital level but my point was if all the leg levelers are at the same position the pitch is going to be close to what Stern recommends. The design is in the 4.5" diff between the rear and front leg bolt holes in the cab. Keep it at 4.5" difference by having all legs levelers the same height and it's close to what Stern recommends. that's all I am saying. If you have a digital level you can figure it more directly. Great game, the LE is.

#6388 4 months ago

I don't have a digital level but my point was if all the leg levelers are at the same position the pitch is going to be close to what Stern recommends. The design is in the 4.5" diff between the rear and front leg bolt holes in the cab. Keep it at 4.5" difference by having all legs levelers the same height and it's close to what Stern recommends. that's all I am saying. If you have a digital level you can figure it more directly. Great game, the LE is.

gotcha. I never move the leg bolts all the way down because I like the game to be a bit lower to ground as I find it more comfortable to play at that height. I just use the pinguy app to get the proper pitch I want and level.

#6389 4 months ago

There are quite a few level apps for your phone. I use one all the time when working in pins. Super easy.

#6390 4 months ago

Your theory only has value if the Floor your putting the game on is dead level which is why using an Actual level or inclinometer is the correct way to set up a game. Plus in your photo your installing on carpet so your pretty much guessing.

#6391 4 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that bubble is never a good way to set pitch! I was told my premium is coming next week so Im super excited. Im going to powder coat a spare set of legs/lockdown bar for this. First time im doing this. I guess Im going to try and match the LE colors, but any other suggestions? EDIT: I think im going to try and match the organge color from Mando letters. That beskar gray wouldnt go well with premium color scheme

I’m set up at 7 degrees.

#6392 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Played the Mando LE and it's fantastic!! Best Star Wars game ever IMO!

100 percent. I wish the stern Star Wars we would of enjoyed too. It would be great to have another one as close to as fun as mando. We absolutely love it

#6393 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

100 percent. I wish the stern Star Wars we would of enjoyed too. It would be great to have another one as close to as fun as mando. We absolutely love it

I like my mando pro but it ain’t no SW pro!

#6394 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your theory only has value if the Floor your putting the game on is dead level which is why using an Actual level or inclinometer is the correct way to set up a game. Plus in your photo your installing on carpet so your pretty much guessing.

That's a good point about a level floor as an additional consideration, thanks. The leg leveler height in my case is not a guess though. I am measuring it with the stool lifting the machine off the floor and really all you have to do is measure the thread gap between the top of the leveler foot and the bottom of the adjusting nut when the nut is tight upside against the leg flange. Just measuring exposed thread in other words, it's an accurate measurement.

#6395 4 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

I like my mando pro but it ain’t no SW pro!

I know, there are people who really love stern Star Wars. I wish I was one of them but we couldn’t get a good game on it at all when I owned it. Tried to a bunch of stuff to dial it in. My buddy had an LE. We played that at his house and same story for him. He sold it in a month. My pro lasted like 5 months only because of the theme. I just put a 521M game on mando. Played way longer game than any on my SW pro. It’s cool you love it though because I bet if you’re good at it then it’s a lot of fun

#6396 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I know, there are people who really love stern Star Wars. I wish I was one of them but we couldn’t get a good game on it at all when I owned it. Tried to a bunch of stuff to dial it in. My buddy had an LE. We played that at his house and same story for him. He sold it in a month. My pro lasted like 5 months only because of the theme. I just put a 521M game on mando. Played way longer game than any on my SW pro. It’s cool you love it though because I bet if you’re good at it then it’s a lot of fun

Which makes it interesting, since the factory set GC is only 20,000,000. I remember Dwight saying that when designing it he was trying to make 100,000,000 a good score. I thought the scoring levels would be like MM/MMR after hearing him say that. After playing the Mando Pro on location, I posted that I thought good players would be in the billions.

#6397 4 months ago

Which makes it interesting, since the factory set GC is only 20,000,000. I remember Dwight saying that when designing it he was trying to make 100,000,000 a good score. I thought the scoring levels would be like MM/MMR after hearing him say that. After playing the Mando Pro on location, I posted that I thought good players would in the billions.

I would think so too. I played a while but I didn’t even get close to beating it. I got it yesterday so still figuring it out.

#6398 4 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Oh I love my SW Comic Premium and my mando premium will look great next to it. Stern SW seems to be either LOVE or absolute Hate. I love the game and really prefer the premium/LE setup with hyperloop. Its a hard game for sure and sometimes very frustrating with that left outlane. But it has wonderful pinball moments/code. The one thing I would say is forget about that multiplier and just play the game. I am not a huge fan of managing that multiplier so Ive never really blown up the game. Best score is about 6B.

#6399 4 months ago

Itd be cool if scores were "regulated". Like a touchdown is 6 points and a field goal is 3. At least regulated within the same company. So stern would have it's score set, and jjp, and american, etc...

I know that crazy talk and doesn't even make sense.

But then a 5 billion game in turtles would mean the same as in Mando or star wars or .... You get the point.

#6400 4 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Itd be cool if scores were "regulated". Like a touchdown is 6 points and a field goal is 3. At least regulated within the same company. So stern would have it's score set, and jjp, and american, etc...
I know that crazy talk and doesn't even make sense.
But then a 5 billion game in turtles would mean the same as in Mando or star wars or .... You get the point.

meh, I like how each one is different. Kind of adds a different charm to each game, but I understand wanting a universal number for ease of knowing you had a good game or not.

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside