(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 153.
#6401 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Which makes it interesting, since the factory set GC is only 20,000,000. I remember Dwight saying that when designing it he was trying to make 100,000,000 a good score. I thought the scoring levels would be like MM/MMR after hearing him say that. After playing the Mando Pro on location, I posted that I thought good players would be in the billions.

If I recall, Dwight said on one stream or another that an average player having a really good game should score around a billion.

#6402 2 years ago

Mandalorian Limited Edition Gameplay

#6403 2 years ago

That's a good point about a level floor as an additional consideration, thanks. The leg leveler height in my case is not a guess though. I am measuring it with the stool lifting the machine off the floor and really all you have to do is measure the thread gap between the top of the leveler foot and the bottom of the adjusting nut when the nut is tight upside against the leg flange. Just measuring exposed thread in other words, it's an accurate measurement.

Save yourself a lot of effort. No measurements except on the level/inclinometer. Start with leg levelers all the way in, back out by hand, counting each half turn so you can repeat the amount on another foot. Your wrist range of motion will give you a reasonable repeatable amount of rotation each time.

I back the fronts out at least a half inch to start and the backs about 1.5. Do this before even putting on the legs. Just count your turns to keep things close enough. Then once assembled , measure the pf for slope and level.

You want to avoid leaving the levelers all the way in because it hinders which way you can adjust.

You eventually find estimates of how many turns you need for each 0.1 degree… say 3-4… which makes it easy to get things close with 1-2 tries.

Hardest part is just getting in and out from under the damn game

#6404 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If I recall, Dwight said on one stream or another that an average player having a really good game should score around a billion.

Think you should revisit that… because nope

#6405 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Think you should revisit that… because nope

Definitely could be wrong on it, which is why I stated "if I recall", not "I am 100% certain". Not important enough to me to re-visit several hours of Mando streams to prove one way or the other though.

#6406 2 years ago

How many modes does this game have in it? 5 missions, 4 main wizards, 9 encounter modes, Ambush, Hunter, DF 2 ball, and the 3 Razor Crests. Damn Dwight you packed this game with breadth! Anybody that says its not deep id like to see them complete the 9 encounters to make it to This is the Way final wizard! Then you also have the scope and sweet ass super skill shot combo. Only thing that needs work is the Child part of the game needs something to make it more interesting.

#6407 2 years ago

Both Stern Star Wars games are great IMO. If you're a big Star Wars fan, you should own both!

#6408 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Both Stern Star Wars games are great IMO. If you're a big Star Wars fan, you should own both!

20210717_141121 (resized).jpg20210717_141121 (resized).jpg
#6409 2 years ago

Having all 4 leg levelers at the same height gets about 6.5 and bubble in the middle. !

In your house maybe. Wood warps, cement can be poured...poorly. There isnt a universal measurement for everyones game. Thats why levels are used. It nice to hear so much enthusiasm but nobody here needs advice on how to adjust a game and your way is just wrong.

#6410 2 years ago

Ok, bubble might not be accurate I guess but all leg levelers are the same in your case and that passes the test, as an acceptable 6.5, which is Stern's recommendation. Thanks!

Stern designers usually suggests 6.7-7 depending on the title. Could you please link a reference to Brian Eddy stating 6.5 is how the game was designed to be played?

#6411 2 years ago

all you have to do is measure the thread gap between the top of the leveler foot and the bottom of the adjusting nut when the nut is tight upside against the leg flange. Just measuring exposed thread in other words, it's an accurate measurement.

No. Its really not.

#6412 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern designers usually suggests 6.7-7 depending on the title. Could you please link a reference to Brian Eddy stating 6.5 is how the game was designed to be played?

Stern manual says 6.5.

It is your game, set it up however you like.

#6413 2 years ago

KozMckPinball dont be petty because i disagree with your inaccurate leveling methods. Spamming revenge downvotes is a schoolyard move and makes baby Yoda cry.

#6414 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

6.5 is universally what all newer Sterns use i believe. Anything more causes the ball to fall in a straighter line which according to some is cheating. I set all JJPs to 7 though myself and some games like Williams Indy I had at 7.2 but I never set any games under 6.5 but Ive never owned anything older then mid 90s games.

#6415 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

6.5 is universally what all newer Sterns use i believe. Anything more causes the ball to fall in a straighter line which according to some is cheating. I set all JJPs to 7 though myself and some games like Williams Indy I had at 7.2 but I never set any games under 6.5 but Ive never owned anything older then mid 90s games.

I know at least Keith Elwin games are designed at 6.8+ but every designer has their own preference. I was genuinely asking for a link but got downvotes instead lol

#6416 2 years ago

Recieved with my Mando LE. I've only leveled one other game, my MMR, and this is my first Stern. I just wanted to give my experience that all leg levelers from Stern were dialed the same as received and that was pretty close to level as-is, for me, with a little adjustment for more steepness. That's all. It might be true that bubble between the lines is about halfway between 6.5 and 7, not 6.5, but I just set the bubble between the lines. I don't have a digital level to check it. I also wanted to show the tool I made to "stool" up my pins for leg work. The bottom 2X4 is removable. Here it is again.

thumbnail_IMG_8423 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_8423 (resized).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8421 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_8421 (resized).jpg

#6417 2 years ago

6.5-7°
I was not disagreeing with your statement of 6.5° btw
I just disagree with your "leveling" method (or that you thought anyone here would need leveling tips in the first place).
Carry on

#6418 2 years ago

Recieved with my Mando LE. No offense but I've only leveled one other game my MMR. I just wnated to give my experience that all leg levelers from Stern were dialed the same and that was pretty close to level as-is, with a little adjustment. That's all. I also wanted to show the tool I made to "stool" up my pins for leg work. here it is again.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Your pin lifting tool IS probably better than mine though...my back lol. I crouch under and lift it with my back while I turn the legs :p

#6419 2 years ago

Anyone have thoughts on the Mezel Mods offerings? I am looking for a foundry scoop light.

#6420 2 years ago

First prem sighting. CP pinball. Upper playfield is a bute!

B5F6FE90-5BCF-4F78-9EFC-7A25C9DF951E (resized).jpegB5F6FE90-5BCF-4F78-9EFC-7A25C9DF951E (resized).jpegE168E717-2D34-46A5-A965-F64B23BA8142 (resized).jpegE168E717-2D34-46A5-A965-F64B23BA8142 (resized).jpeg
#6421 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

How many modes does this game have in it? 5 missions, 4 main wizards, 9 encounter modes, Ambush, Hunter, DF 2 ball, and the 3 Razor Crests. Damn Dwight you packed this game with breadth! Anybody that says its not deep id like to see them complete the 9 encounters to make it to This is the Way final wizard! Then you also have the scope and sweet ass super skill shot combo. Only thing that needs work is the Child part of the game needs something to make it more interesting.

9 encounters? I thought it was 3. New code totally cockblocks burning through the multiballs. Now there's a hurry up after the multi which requires quite a few razor crest shots. Well played dwight

#6422 2 years ago

Just showed up to pickup at terminal. Mandó is damaged! . Has anyone dealt with something like this?

22CA2E07-5D3A-46CE-B783-38FD0E6FB4B4 (resized).jpeg22CA2E07-5D3A-46CE-B783-38FD0E6FB4B4 (resized).jpeg40DF30C5-1538-4459-BDC8-6D1686877F5C (resized).jpeg40DF30C5-1538-4459-BDC8-6D1686877F5C (resized).jpeg9577D34E-B2B4-4B58-80CA-86A1C74E28C6 (resized).jpeg9577D34E-B2B4-4B58-80CA-86A1C74E28C6 (resized).jpegC533291E-F1E2-44BB-B703-99206843B74C (resized).jpegC533291E-F1E2-44BB-B703-99206843B74C (resized).jpeg
#6423 2 years ago
Quoted from MartyMcfly:

Just showed up to pickup at terminal. Mandó is damaged! . Has anyone dealt with something like this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes. Don’t accept/ sign.
Bummer but send it back for another.

#6424 2 years ago
Quoted from MartyMcfly:

Well that sucks sorry to hear that. I would not accept it! Don’t sign for it make them send it back. It looks like that one tipped over and got slid around.

#6425 2 years ago
Quoted from MartyMcfly:

How disappointing. Makes me sad to see this happen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6426 2 years ago
Quoted from MartyMcfly:

Damn, sorry dude. I hope this never happens to me but bound to some day. I know my distributer is very adamant about sending back and not accepting anything other than perfect. Sucks, but not in any way as much as a damaged pin!

#6427 2 years ago

Had a premium on order but its a few weeks late (like everyone else’s) and ended up taking home a Pro after playing the LE. Just wasn’t sure that upper playfield was worth the extra money. It seemed like the pro would be much more friendly to newer players as I had a hell of a time keeping the ball up there with two flippers but on the pro with the single flipper and nudging it feel more fun, less... frantic. I am really impressed with this pro as it feels more full than other recent pro machines. What a beautiful machine regardless of the version. Very excited to have joined the Mando club. .

#6428 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

#122 in the house . Got a banner to go with it.
[quoted image]

Where can we get this?

#6429 2 years ago

Does anyone know if any distros shave any pros?

#6430 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Does anyone know if any distros shave any pros?

I think Melissa at Cointaker may have given Tony Hawk a high and tight

#6431 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Where can we get this?

Not sure where he got his. Check eBay or here on Pinside. Same guy selling them. (The Mandalorian Stern banner).

#6432 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

9 encounters? I thought it was 3. New code totally cockblocks burning through the multiballs. Now there's a hurry up after the multi which requires quite a few razor crest shots. Well played dwight

Yes 9 encounters. Each insert in the playfield is a level and each insert on the mini is a stage to the level. So 3 stages to each level equals 9 different encounters plus the wizard encounter.

#6433 2 years ago

Anyone think mylar is needed around The Child magnet?

#6434 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yes 9 encounters. Each insert in the playfield is a level and each insert on the mini is a stage to the level. So 3 stages to each level equals 9 different encounters plus the wizard encounter.

It’s 3 encounters with 3 levels in each encounter. I get what you’re saying though. It does feel like 9 encounters. I wish they would change that up. The upper playfield is difficult on an LE. Haven’t tried a pro yet. I feel like I’m just frantically flipping and there is no skill involved.

#6435 2 years ago

Anyone think mylar is needed around The Child magnet?

Not needed. They magnet is designed to not need it. Google up the Metallica sparky magnet and then look at this one. They changed it up with the waking dead. No worries here.

#6436 2 years ago

i havent seen the magnet in action much. Does it really throw the ball around randomly with a good amount of force? Zach mentioned it going up a ramp or something.

#6437 2 years ago

Not sure where he got his. Check eBay or here on Pinside. Same guy selling them. (The Mandalorian Stern banner).

Ask your distributor. That is where I got it.

#6438 2 years ago

This thread seems more active than owners so will post here as well - Any downside to disabling the top orbit post? Seems to shoot a lot better down but don’t know the game well enough yet.

#6439 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It’s 3 encounters with 3 levels in each encounter. I get what you’re saying though. It does feel like 9 encounters. I wish they would change that up. The upper playfield is difficult on an LE. Haven’t tried a pro yet. I feel like I’m just frantically flipping and there is no skill involved.

I can see how the levels do make it feel longer. I struggle with encounters more than anything. I've only played the pro, but you gotta nudge like hell to keep it alive in the upper

#6440 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Ask your distributor. That is where I got it.

If I can ask, free or paid for?

#6441 2 years ago

Having fun modding...
GEDC6594 (resized).JPGGEDC6594 (resized).JPGGEDC6584 (resized).JPGGEDC6584 (resized).JPGGEDC6586 (resized).JPGGEDC6586 (resized).JPGGEDC6602 (resized).JPGGEDC6602 (resized).JPGGEDC6606 (resized).JPGGEDC6606 (resized).JPGGEDC6607 (resized).JPGGEDC6607 (resized).JPGGEDC6612 (resized).JPGGEDC6612 (resized).JPGGEDC6613 (resized).JPGGEDC6613 (resized).JPG

#6442 2 years ago
Quoted from MartyMcfly:

I want to downvote these pics
Who would handle a CHILD like this?!?! Monsters!!

#6443 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

This thread seems more active than owners so will post here as well - Any downside to disabling the top orbit post? Seems to shoot a lot better down but don’t know the game well enough yet.

Don't own the game but I believe disabling that would mean you never get to the child lanes.

#6444 2 years ago

Anybody install a playfield protector? Just curious.

#6445 2 years ago

This is my first pinball I have ever owned and really enjoy the game! However, I am having an issue with one of the scoring mechs. Anytime I use a flipper scoring occurs and one of the red flashers towards Grogu lights up as well. The flasher is at the top left on the playing field. Not sure if it’s a setting or something I can adjust. Any help on how to fix this would be great. High score pic is an example of some unrealistic scoring.

F353B3F0-259B-408C-A692-EE9D22CFD932 (resized).jpegF353B3F0-259B-408C-A692-EE9D22CFD932 (resized).jpeg

#6446 2 years ago
Quoted from mphizzle:

This is my first pinball I have ever owned and really enjoy the game! However, I am having an issue with one of the scoring mechs. Anytime I use a flipper scoring occurs and one of the red flashers towards Grogu lights up as well. The flasher is at the top left on the playing field. Not sure if it’s a setting or something I can adjust. Any help on how to fix this would be great. High score pic is an example of some unrealistic scoring.
[quoted image]

With your fist Bang on play field with glass off.
If it adds to score check switch adjustments as one or more may be over adjusted!

#6447 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

With your fist Bang on play field with glass off.
If it adds to score check switch adjustments as one or more may be over adjusted!

Do this but go into switch test mode so that it tells you which switch was triggered.

#6448 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Had a premium on order but its a few weeks late (like everyone else’s) and ended up taking home a Pro after playing the LE. Just wasn’t sure that upper playfield was worth the extra money. It seemed like the pro would be much more friendly to newer players as I had a hell of a time keeping the ball up there with two flippers but on the pro with the single flipper and nudging it feel more fun, less... frantic. I am really impressed with this pro as it feels more full than other recent pro machines. What a beautiful machine regardless of the version. Very excited to have joined the Mando club. .

I’ve played pro and LE
Both play very similar! I’d give Le the nod on upper playfield . But for the money pro is great bang for the buck. If money is no issue LE all day as that back glass is priceless !!!!

#6449 2 years ago
Quoted from mphizzle:

[quoted image]

Looks to me like you spun the spot light around. That is supposed to be pointed at Grogu not the flasher lamp. That may actually be why your flasher is lighting...

#6450 2 years ago

Had an idea to mod Grogu, some people have attached a pinball to his hand and it gave me the idea of trying to find a newtons cradle with the strings attached to the silver ball and then having that hang down slightly from his hand. It would move with the motions of the machine and appear as if the ball is levitating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.