(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 153.
#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

And now, do we know who is on the code?

Dwight Sullivan on code.

#1952 2 years ago

Irrespective of your thoughts one way or the other on Gina Carano, I can't believe people are honestly surprised that she isn't included. She is persona non grata as far as Disney is concerned.

I'd be surprised if there isn't an insert with her character's name on though.

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It always cracks me up that people always seem to think new games are cobbled together from “leftover parts.” That’s not how it works. They make the parts for the games they build.
When was the last time we had a game this orange?! Looks cool to me. Burns like the tattooine suns.

Looks good to me too, and I love the orange-dominant artwork as it will definitely make the game "pop" in a lineup.

Based upon the vids, the game appears very promising and the Pro seems to contain a lot of value in terms of playfield content, but no one can really develop a truly informed opinion without seeing in-person and playing first so it's pointless to speculate further.

The "leftover parts" bromide that pops up from time to time is always amusing. Folks, use some common sense here: production of a new machine requires a steady supply of parts that can be inventoried and adjusted in real-time, and it would be impossible (and a terrible business decision) for a company the size of Stern to rely on overstocked "NOS" parts because there would almost certainly be manufacturing delays, resulting in lost $$$ and potentially negatively impacting production on other lines.

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern tries to make the most basic of features sound like an amazing incredible mech to the point that it becomes confusing. It's no longer just a spinner but a "Super action double movement spinner with player interaction".

Agreed, but this one actually does something. Shot changes from an orbit to a scoop ramp, two different ball paths.

#1955 2 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun. I for one am very grateful to be living in the “you can’t have too many ramps” era of pinball design. The Grogu looks beautiful (it would not be unheard of for that to have been a 2D printed plastic); just having that on the playfield will probably bring in a good amount of coins for operators.

#1957 2 years ago

Quoted from PaulCoff:

LE art package pics? Please show me.

How about you just check Stern's website. It's all there.

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern tries to make the most basic of features sound like an amazing incredible mech to the point that it becomes confusing. It's no longer just a spinner but a "Super action double movement spinner with player interaction".

Flipper: direct ball interaction using a 3" plastic bat controlled by analog player input

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Upper playfield screams CONGO

My thoughts exactly! Also, the Grogu doll kinda reminds me of the Amy toy in the corner of Congo... except Amy actually does something since it is a ramp.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

The "leftover parts" bromide that pops up from time to time is always amusing.

Yup. Reusing an already designed part is definitely a thing, though. BM66 right ramp was used for both Deadpool ramps, I assume due to the post-Trudeau redesign time crunch.

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Irrespective of your thoughts one way or the other on Gina Carano, I can't believe people are honestly surprised that she isn't included. She is persona non grata as far as Disney is concerned.
I'd be surprised if there isn't an insert with her character's name on though.

Not now that she can win them an emmy. She is being pushed by Disney big time.

#1962 2 years ago

Man should have been checking my email ho fast did they go on insider ? I am In but could have hooked up a friend .

#1963 2 years ago

FREE TANIO!

#1964 2 years ago

Was there a price increase?

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

No where to be found.
[quoted image]

Its unfortunate but she should have kept her mouth shut. I like her and what she stands for in most cases but at the end of the day, entertain me and shut up. She screwed herself by taking a stand. she is no better than the idiot Labron or any of these so called elite.

#1966 2 years ago

it doesnt matter what your leanings are. She was a huge part of the show. Now non existent.

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Its unfortunate but she should have kept her mouth shut. I like her and what she stands for in most cases but at the end of the day, entertain me and shut up. She screwed herself by taking a stand. she is no better than the idiot Labron or any of these so called elite.

Can that apply to everybody in Hollywood, please?

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

it doesnt matter what your leanings are. She was a huge part of the show. Now non existent.

welcome to 'cancel culture' where if you fart the wrong way you are automatically discarded from society.

#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can that apply to everybody in Hollywood, please?

Yes I wish it would

#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

welcome to 'cancel culture' where if you fart the wrong way you are automatically discarded from society.

I agree, but in this world now you have to be careful not to upset a snowflake. its sad.

#1971 2 years ago

Mando just doesn't have that world under glass feeling in my opinion. First off there's the giant Baby Yoda doll that does nothing and seems just placed to say "HEY HERE'S BABY YODA" to sell games. Baby Yoda is supposed to be small but is larger then the ship and Mando's helmet on the playfield? Second there's the drop down target from the ship which honestly looks ugly and almost as large as the ship. Third, the upper mini playfield represents what from the show? Mando himself doesn't have a bunch of LED's lit on his helmet. Also, just hitting standup targets is going to get old very quick in that mini playfield.

Look at Ghostbusters. There's a subway track that drops into an subway, the Ecto Goggles toy, and slimer moving. With TMNT there's a spinning disk that looks like a pizza, a van that drops ball outs, a divertor molded like a glider. In JP there's the whole raptor pen area and the t-rex that eats the pinball. Mando has nothing like those items, no feature really stands out as an interactive toy representing something from the theme. The razer crest is an awesome ship but it doesn't have an awkward large target hanging off of it.

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

Turn on Diz+. She's still in the show. Literally exists.

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

a divertor molded like a helicopter

That's the Turtle Blimp (tm) Glider (tm), bro

#1974 2 years ago

very valid point

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando just doesn't have that world under glass feeling in my opinion. First off there's the giant Baby Yoda doll that does nothing. Second there's the drop down target from the ship which honestly looks ugly and almost as large as the ship. Third, the upper mini playfield represents what from the show? Mando himself doesn't have a bunch of LED's lit on his helmet. Also, just hitting standup targets is going to get old very quick in that mini playfield.
Look at Ghostbusters. There's a subway track that drops into an subway, the Ecto Goggles toy, and slimer moving. With TMNT there's a spinning disk that looks like a pizza, a van that drops ball outs, a divertor molded like a helicopter. In JP there's the whole raptor pen area and the t-rex that eats the pinball. Mando has nothing like those items, no feature really stands out as an interactive toy representing something from the theme. The razer crest is an awesome ship but it doesn't have an awkward large target hanging off of it.

#1975 2 years ago

Grogu doll should have been smaller or have him move his arm up and down when the magnet locks the ball. The upper playfield definitely not a must have at all for me.

Pro definitely seems like a great value. Decent show from the last few episodes I saw, but my daughters mainly loved the show because of “baby Yoda”. Now for the next new shiny thing.

Bring on Godzilla.

#1976 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I agree, but in this world now you have to be careful not to upset a snowflake. its sad.

Or you know, not push lies and conspiracy theories on social media... Perhaps try that? No? You don't want to try that...??? Remind me, who's the snowflake again?

Jeff

#1977 2 years ago

Saw this in the feature matrix :

CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification

finally! I wish all pinball machines had a line out in the back of the cab like WOZ

#1978 2 years ago

Shooter rod coming out in July. I ordered the LE. Topper still pending approval according to distributer so who knows on that. Hope its cool. I have a Hot Toys Child and it looks amazing. Stern needs to have them make the child topper. A real looking Child inside like Hot toys would have been great but probably not as durable as plastic. Hot toys full scale is around $430. Going to sit it next to the machine in glass.

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando just doesn't have that world under glass feeling in my opinion. First off there's the giant Baby Yoda doll that does nothing and seems just placed to say "HEY HERE's BABY YODA" to sell games. Baby Yoda is supposed to be small but is larger then the ship and Mando's helmet on the playfield? Second there's the drop down target from the ship which honestly looks ugly and almost as large as the ship. Third, the upper mini playfield represents what from the show? Mando himself doesn't have a bunch of LED's lit on his helmet. Also, just hitting standup targets is going to get old very quick in that mini playfield.
Look at Ghostbusters. There's a subway track that drops into an subway, the Ecto Goggles toy, and slimer moving. With TMNT there's a spinning disk that looks like a pizza, a van that drops ball outs, a divertor molded like a helicopter. In JP there's the whole raptor pen area and the t-rex that eats the pinball. Mando has nothing like those items, no feature really stands out as an interactive toy representing something from the theme. The razer crest is an awesome ship but it doesn't have an awkward large target hanging off of it.

Its better than LZ (pf) and possibly the best SW made to date, but thats not saying much

#1980 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:Mando just doesn't have that world under glass feeling in my opinion. First off there's the giant Baby Yoda doll that does nothing. Second there's the drop down target from the ship which honestly looks ugly and almost as large as the ship. Third, the upper mini playfield represents what from the show? Mando himself doesn't have a bunch of LED's lit on his helmet. Also, just hitting standup targets is going to get old very quick in that mini playfield.

Brian Eddy is a great designer, he probably didn't have the time or budget to do something mind-blowing...the license sunk the BOM probably

#1983 2 years ago

I’ve passed on an LE.
I would have to sell either GOTGLE or Wonka CE for some of the £ and space...

Although packed, I’m just not feeling the tilting playfield or ship with a big ass target underneath it.

Grougu does nothing, magnet like Munsters underneath him.. if he was interacting/ animated maybe but to me it’s a bit meh.. will stick with my SWLE

Ive decided to wait until BTTF is released, got G&RLE coming already in couple of weeks.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's the Turtle Blimp (tm) Glider (tm), bro

Lol updated!

#1985 2 years ago

Anyone know the code name for this? My hope is muppet babies.

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I understand that without a tilting playfield the ball would have a hard time draining but is a missing flipper the answer? How are some of those targets going to be hit skillfully with just a right flipper?

Aerosmith Prem/LE had an upper PF with just one flipper and more to shoot at. This should be easy with one flipper.

#1988 2 years ago

Ordered a Pro to hold me over for when my Premium arrives. So if anyone wants a pro for 1k discount in a couple months let me know!

#1990 2 years ago

Has anyone notice the similar head tilt between these two guys or is it me?
EB21A233-A057-4A37-9AF3-0E040AA9D0FE (resized).jpegEB21A233-A057-4A37-9AF3-0E040AA9D0FE (resized).jpegDCA2FBD1-DD6E-46F4-83F1-56D345C5C1A9 (resized).jpegDCA2FBD1-DD6E-46F4-83F1-56D345C5C1A9 (resized).jpeg

#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

People want to say what they want but don't want to deal with the consequences. Morality clauses exist for this reason.

#1993 2 years ago

I wonder if Mando will shake some Star Wars Pros back onto the marketplace.

#1994 2 years ago

Can someone confirm there are 4 ramps which one with a diverter?

#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont get the big deal about this lady, is she that hot? Because Im like on the fence. She ayight..
She seems to take up a lot of room.

Comparing TV shows, she was way hotter as Crush on the American Gladiators reboot. Look it up.

#1997 2 years ago

687 new posts since my yesterday last visit... i suspect new back to the future pinball has been anounced

#1998 2 years ago

It's fun staying on top of this thread and watching posts disappear in real time. Reveal day is the super bowl for mods.

On topic content: will this game have Eddy easter eggs, like the AFM EB animation in Stranger Things?

#1999 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can someone confirm there are 4 ramps which one with a diverter?

There are two main ramps. The left one has a diverter.

The right one always goes to right flipper.

On the premium there’s a third turn around ramp that feeds a wireform that goes to the left flipper for repeated shots during ambush modes.

#2000 2 years ago

labron has a guarenteed contract and is way more important to his employer than Gina was to hers. I get it though, I liked her character. But these days if you are going to say something publicly either way you need to be ready to deal with consequences...I always remind myself to rein myself in at work!

As far as Mando the game looks nice, really like the powder coat on LE. Wanted LE but missed out so Ill go premium with side armor. I like the art, but wouldve preferred the art from the credits at the end of the show.

Im ok with that mini Upper PF but I hope the ball isnt there all the time like BK SoR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.