(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 153.
#5251 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair multiballmaniac is an equal opportunity basher. He hates ALL pinball companies right now says they ruined his life.
Somebody needs to start a telethon for the guy. For only pennies a day you can help us cheer up multiball!

I’m seeing a behavioral therapist next week.

#5252 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you watched the show - the mode plays fine. By this logic... why did the pirates multiball make it either, it was just one scene, etc.
And playing if you hear plenty of Grogo sounds and references to the child. He doesn't feel 'missing' in the game. He's cooing and he's on the orbit shots and callouts refer to him and the awards sequence all have him. It's a non-issue really. Oh and he's in the ball save animations too.

he should have been a bash toy. i don't like the over sized doll. i will have to play again and hear more of the game. i'm not a hater, as i recall star wars had a lot of stuff missing in it when it came out.

#5253 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I said I'd never buy a NIB pin... but I'm definitely getting in on a Mandalorian Premium. As of today, Cointaker is saying by October there will be plenty. I'm ok with the long runway... gives me time to move some crap.

i'm on their list too. they didn't get many pro's in. i think they all went to distributors.

#5254 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

he should have been a bash toy. i don't like the over sized doll.

Grogu should have been a bash toy?

How the hell does that make any sense?

#5255 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

It's not that I don't like modern pinball because I was very much hoping that Dead Pool, TMNT and Star Wars were going to be great machines. I really want to like them but I just feel like they are a bit rough in gameplay.

Yeah. That’s you not liking modern pinball they all are tried and true to modern pinball and what it brings.

Want flow? Play stranger things, Star Trek, black knight SOR, LZ.

#5256 2 years ago

0.96 code just released.

#5257 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

0.96 code just released.

Grogu movement enabled....

#5258 2 years ago

side note my distrib told me today premiums are on the line end of month.

#5259 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

It's not that I don't like modern pinball because I was very much hoping that Dead Pool, TMNT and Star Wars were going to be great machines. I really want to like them but I just feel like they are a bit rough in gameplay.

Can you think of any pinball games released within the last 20 years that you do enjoy? So far you've only mentioned AFM, which no longer screams "modern" the way it once did.

#5260 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

0.96 code just released.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/mando_PRO-0_96-README.txt

Some interesting tibits - seems there was a release yesterday (0.95) and they clearly used TMNT as a template given the rulesheet in the doc links to TMNT

#5261 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Can you think of any pinball games released with the last 20 years that you do enjoy? So far you've only mentioned AFM, which no longer screams "modern" the way it once did.

The guy is some kind of bohemian pinball snob, he needs to drain this thread and move along.

#5262 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

If you played deadpool a million times would it still rank higher than AFM?

yes, because it still offers more variety in gameplay.
Played Mando about 4 hours last night, pretty fun too.
looks like today's update fixes a couple things we noticed, scoring was a little wonky.
Going to set it up at 1up greenwood village (colorado) shortly, come play!

#5263 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

0.96 code just released.

Don't you mean a bugfix was issued? Beta testers getting ahold of the game and showing the lack of testing that really goes on at Stern.

#5264 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Don't you mean a bugfix was issued? Beta testers getting ahold of the game and showing the lack of testing that really goes on at Stern.

ECCD76A8-7E59-47AE-86CF-45B5DC08AF70.gifECCD76A8-7E59-47AE-86CF-45B5DC08AF70.gif
#5265 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It hasn't even been a day... you in a rush?

tenor.giftenor.gif
#5266 2 years ago
Insult (resized).PNGInsult (resized).PNG
#5267 2 years ago

PSA: Jack is playing Mando Premium right now! Game is awesome:

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#5268 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

PSA: Jack is playing Mando Premium right now! Game is awesome:
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

Watched it for a bit. Didn’t see the rail issue from the initial unveil. Anyone else catch any drops?

#5269 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Watched it for a bit. Didn’t see the rail issue from the initial unveil. Anyone else catch any drops?

I have not seen any drops so far either.

Also: Impossible Mode looks like so much fun.

#5270 2 years ago

One thing I was noticing in the premium stream that differs from the pro is extra video clips at the completion of encounters. Looks like there is a ball lock after falling off the mini playfield, and it holds it while the clip plays.

The clip for example of Boba Fett smacking a stormtrooper in the face with his staff is only in the premium from what I can tell. Same with rolling the Boulder into the e-web, and Boba Fett firing his rocket to take out two ships.

#5271 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I have not seen any drops so far either.
Also: Impossible Mode looks like so much fun.

Still can't tell if impossible mode extends to the mini playfield regarding trap time.

#5272 2 years ago

Saw one of the mini wizard mode on Jack stream. Was pretty awesome.

#5273 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

The new code that dropped today fixed that issue.

#5274 2 years ago

Anyone in Chicago area seen one in the wild yet? I’m struggling to understand the lack of hometown love.

#5275 2 years ago

I've seen enough The Manadalorian streaming gameplay. Thanks to all of the streamers and participants for that. Time to play it myself, patiently waiting for my game.

#5276 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I've seen enough The Manadalorian streaming gameplay. Thanks to all of the streamers and participants for that. Time to play it myself, patiently waiting for my game.

It's a pity to hear that, because I still have a special stream for you. The pinball world champion Johannes Ostermeier vs. The Mandalorian & Grogu!

The company KMS Handels GmbH, the exclusive Stern Pinball importer for Germany, presents together with WeLovePinball the newest Cornerstone Pinball from Stern Pinball "The Mandalorian" in the Pro Version.

It starts already on Friday from 7pm. However, this is only a discussion and Q&A session.
Live play is already on Saturday from 14 o'clock. Here I have the great pleasure to welcome the reigning pinball world champion Johannes Ostermeier as special guest. I am sure that he will be able to push the pinball to the limit and provide you with great gameplay scenes. After the gameplay stream we will also do a Q&A stream for an hour where you can ask us about the pinball and we will draw our conclusion. Sunday morning there will be a small mini-gameplay stream for all those who don't want to miss the European Championship games.
We are looking forward to you and the Mandalorian and we also have some giveaways, which we will raffle to the viewers.

If you don't have time on that date, that's no problem either. I will upload several videos (including a deep-view video) on my Youtube channel.
If you are thinking about buying the pinball machine and have questions about it, which we should answer in the stream, you can send them to me via PN.

So.... check out the German premiere of Stern Pinball´s The Mandalorian with the pinball world champion vs. The Mandalorian & Grogu!

See ya

Simon
WeLovePinball

Ankündigung-mando-e (resized).jpgAnkündigung-mando-e (resized).jpg
#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Still can't tell if impossible mode extends to the mini playfield regarding trap time.

It does not. Dwight said that trapping up is part of the fun for the mini playfield.

#5278 2 years ago

Damn just watched the premium stream and this game is looking awesome. Let's hope Dwight continues with code and makes it one off his best! Having all assets sure is nice! Can't wait !

#5279 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Grogu should have been a bash toy?
How the hell does that make any sense?

it's the fun of pinball. it should have been something like the zombie in walking dead. or, he should move like dino raptor pit toy in jp. not much use having a doll do nothing is there?

#5280 2 years ago

Another vote against a Grogu bash toy. Those things are so played. Would’ve been cool to see him use the force in a different way than what they went with, but I’m not losing sleep over it.

Definitely no bash toy though.

#5281 2 years ago

Why would you bash baby yoda?

#5282 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Pinball fans always claim they want “innovation,”and then they always whine when three of the most played out gimmicks in pinball history - bash toys, upper/lower playfields, and magnets - aren’t included to their satisfaction. Even when they’d make zero sense.

#5283 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Another vote against a Grogu bash toy. Those things are so played. Would’ve been cool to see him use the force in a different way than what they went with, but I’m not losing sleep over it.
Definitely no bash toy though.

Whenever someone complains about a new pin it's always about how it should have a bash target. If it had a bash target people would complain about why you are bashing (insert protagonist). It's a vicious cycle and I enjoy the move away from bash targets lately.

#5284 2 years ago

Has the foundry load time improved at all in recent code updates? Found it to be a drag in deadflip’s stream

#5285 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

why not? it's just a game.

#5286 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

why not? it's just a game.

they made groot into a bash toy in gotg. and everyone likes the trees creature.

#5287 2 years ago

Johannes Ostermeier (pinball world champion), The Mandalorian and Grogu together versus their opponents!

Hello pinball friends,
The company KMS Handels GmbH, the exclusive Stern Pinball importer for Germany, presents together with WeLovePinball the newest Cornerstone Pinball from Stern Pinball "The Mandalorian" in the Pro Version.
It starts already on Friday from 7pm. However, this is only a discussion and Q&A session.Live play is already on Saturday from 2 p.m. CET.

Here I have the great pleasure to welcome the reigning pinball world champion Johannes Ostermeier as special guest. I am sure that he will be able to push the pinball to the limit and provide you with great gameplay scenes. After the gameplay stream we will also do a Q&A stream for an hour where you can ask us about the pinball and we will draw our conclusion. Sunday morning there will be a small mini-gameplay stream for all those who don't want to miss the European Championship games.We are looking forward to you and the Mandalorian and we also have some giveaways, which we will raffle to the viewers.
Here is the link to the stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/welovepinball

So.... check out the German premiere of Stern Pinball´s The Mandalorian with the pinball world champion, The Mandalorian & Grogu!
See ya
Simon
WeLovePinball

https://www.facebook.com/stefan.rede.5/posts/4263122017071818?notif_id=1623848245048734&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

201470945_1157762618075955_7814065529263991265_n (resized).jpg201470945_1157762618075955_7814065529263991265_n (resized).jpg
#5288 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Everyone complained, trust me. It helps integrate the objective of the game if the bash target makes sense. Think about the best integrated bash toys, the castle in MM for example. If the toy fits the narrative it reinforces it and you play as The Mandalorian so it doesn't make contextual sense.

I like GotG way more than most people but it has no story or cinematic moments and is just a game that plays clips from the movie.

#5289 2 years ago
Quoted from Microvolt:

Has the foundry load time improved at all in recent code updates? Found it to be a drag in deadflip’s stream

I feel like the foundry opens slow on purpose so you can understand what is happening. Maybe the foundry intro screen can be skipped? Not sure if I saw Jack/DeadFlip try to skip that.

#5290 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

And there was a whole discussion there as well that Groot's hands did not move. Discussion is putting it politely.

#5291 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

I feel like the foundry opens slow on purpose so you can understand what is happening. Maybe the foundry intro screen can be skipped? Not sure if I saw Jack/DeadFlip try to skip that.

no skip currently - but probably to make sure you don't accidentially pick something.

#5292 2 years ago

Any word on when the LEs start shipping?

#5293 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I had to go back and double check that I didn't misspell that with a "c". I've been reading way too much from the other threads.

#5294 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

First few got boxed up yesterday! (source: DeadFlip)

0E24C4E3-A5EB-41FE-A7C8-FAB55B2283F9 (resized).jpeg0E24C4E3-A5EB-41FE-A7C8-FAB55B2283F9 (resized).jpeg
#5295 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

First few got boxed up yesterday! (source: DeadFlip)
[quoted image]

Sweet!! I have been having one of those impatient weeks in pinball... Need some real news and a new machine, badly.

#5296 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

no skip currently - but probably to make sure you don't accidentially pick something.

You are partially correct.

The long intro where you see Mando hand the Armourer credits is only played once per game. Then it goes to the text instructions so you know what you are doing. After the 1st one, the intro only shows just the text part.

Either way you can skip them by pressing in both flippers. This was always the case; Jack didn't do this I assume because we had asked him to let things play out.

You can not "skip" the actual selection of an item in foundry.

#5297 2 years ago

Well, my pro is in. And of course it coincides with when I’m out of town on vacation. I’ll have to wait another week to play it.

#5298 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

Well, my pro is in. And of course it coincides with when I’m out of town on vacation. I’ll have to wait another week to play it.

Nice... Mine should be here in a few days as well... Looking forward to my first NIB unboxing

#5299 2 years ago

Anyone checked under the pf to see what the Stern code word was for Mando?

Xaqery ?

#5300 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone checked under the pf to see what the Stern code word was for Mando?
Xaqery ?

Last night he said it was/is “JENNIE”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.