(Topic ID: 292018)

ALIEN Pinball Club (by Pinball Brothers) - She's Back!

By delt31

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6814 (resized).jpg
IMG_6815 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210422-155004 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Stern and PB are trying to make the ugliest apron cards as possible..

Concerning PB there was no Apron cards on mine so the distributor just dropped some generic ones on.

#52 1 year ago

my only remaining question right now is how to install those beacons with this new design. This game needs those beacons. Best topper in recent memory b/c they truly do line up with modes in the game.

#53 1 year ago

Try sending an email to Pinball Brothers. I asked them about the shaker motor port on the remake and was told that they haven't tested any shaker motors yet and have no recommendations. Seemed like an odd response but pretty much everything about this release has been odd.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

my only remaining question right now is how to install those beacons with this new design. This game needs those beacons. Best topper in recent memory b/c they truly do line up with modes in the game.

Sorry, i'm afraid i can't help on this point ...

#55 1 year ago

delt31 do you know what voltage the beacons operate at? I can do some poking around in the Backboard Extension Out connector w/ a multimeter once I receive mine. It looks like the beacons simply have a power/ground cable.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

delt31 do you know what voltage the beacons operate at? I can do some poking around in the Backboard Extension Out connector w/ a multimeter once I receive mine. It looks like the beacons simply have a power/ground cable.

But they aren't operate full time ??

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

But they aren't operate full time ??

I assume the menus have an option to test the beacons - assuming beacons are still supported in the newest software. I'm not familiar enough with the original Aliens - what modes enable the beacons?

#58 1 year ago

MODERATORS LOCK THIS THREAD. TOO MANY ALIEN THREADS. RIDICULOUS.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Try sending an email to Pinball Brothers. I asked them about the shaker motor port on the remake and was told that they haven't tested any shaker motors yet and have no recommendations. Seemed like an odd response but pretty much everything about this release has been odd.

Good call - I will send an email. Shaker on the OG was a waste. Big time. Beacons were awesome and really upped the atmosphere.

12V btw

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

MODERATORS LOCK THIS THREAD. TOO MANY ALIEN THREADS. RIDICULOUS.

I hope you enjoy the real club thread - thanks for looking!

Seriously though, having two clubs is dumb. I've actually reached out to Robin so he can choose what to do. Renaming a 4 month thread to club is against the rules. Clubs are opened once the game ships which is what I did. In the event that older thread stays open, the rules will be changed. If that's the case, I'll open up a hype thread for Toy Story JJP and then change to club. Next day, someone will open up a thread for Mandalorian and then rename to club. It's just dumb but based on your track record, I don't expect you to understand. cheers.

#61 1 year ago

I didn't realize people collected Trophies for 'who opened the club thread'

Imagine in the future people will pre-order threads.. and later sell their spots.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I didn't realize people collected Trophies for 'who opened the club thread'
Imagine in the future people will pre-order threads.. and later sell their spots.

Not sure how you're concluding it's trophies. Just following the rules. I could care less if it was me or not. I just want it to be done right.

I don't like when people play around and do dumb things.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hope you enjoy the real club thread - thanks for looking!
Seriously though, having two clubs is dumb. I've actually reached out to Robin so he can choose what to do. Renaming a 4 month thread to club is against the rules. Clubs are opened once the game ships which is what I did. In the event that older thread stays open, the rules will be changed. If that's the case, I'll open up a hype thread for Toy Story JJP and then change to club. Next day, someone will open up a thread for Mandalorian and then rename to club. It's just dumb but based on your track record, I don't expect you to understand. cheers.

with your track record I'm surprised you don't have an add on marketplace selling your remake already. what do you do with all them personal pride trophies? cheers

#64 1 year ago

I also can't believe you bother Robin with that kind of nonsense! poor guy

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

with your track record I'm surprised you don't have an add on marketplace selling your remake already. what do you do with all them personal pride trophies? cheers

I love that you continue reading this thread. I know there isn’t a lot for you to do so I guess I understand.

Back on point, Alien machines are coming in soon btw. Latest I’m hearing as well is a few weeks with 20+. I also emailed PB about the beacons and will report back.

#66 1 year ago

Hey Alien fans!

Having two club threads on the same game is a bit confusing, so I'm going to close this one and point you all to the "first" club thread that was created about Pinball Brothers' exciting upcoming game "Alien".

-------
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club
-------

Please continue to enjoy the conversation there!

For the record, creating a club thread is not permitted, until a game is confirmed and (almost) shipping. Also: opening a club thread is not a competition. In the future I'm gonna charge $100 for opening a club thread. I will add a $200 penalty if you open it before a game is actually shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
8,250 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 160.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!