(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 153.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For me Superbands are a MUST. Not really about the colors but the way they play. They do pop with the colors but really feel they help with ball control, dead bounces, etc. Give them a try, you may dig them.

Superbands have their positive attributes (seem to give the feeling of stronger flippers, last longer) but they are absolutely terrible for dead bounces.

#4902 2 years ago

Anyone figure out how Jack got a 1.2B point shot? Surely that’ll get nerf’d out.

#4903 2 years ago

Has it shipped yet?
B991CBB4-8E93-48BA-A86D-2EAAB1034EAC (resized).jpegB991CBB4-8E93-48BA-A86D-2EAAB1034EAC (resized).jpeg

#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Anyone figure out how Jack got a 1.2B point shot? Surely that’ll get nerf’d out.

Whistling birds equipment button press with all shots on fire with 2x playfield running.

Nerf coming for sure.

#4905 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For me Superbands are a MUST. Not really about the colors but the way they play. They do pop with the colors but really feel they help with ball control, dead bounces, etc. Give them a try, you may dig them.

are they the same as titans? i got some red bands for deadpool, not sure where from. i did not like them. i felt like the slings had less bounce on them and were letting pinballs just rub against them without hitting them. putting back on the cheap black sling bands made a big difference.

#4906 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whistling birds equipment button press with all shots on fire with 2x playfield running.
Nerf coming for sure.

I thought it was a bug that he kept pressing it after drain that it kept awarding shots.

#4907 2 years ago

What I like about Superbands:

I like the density of them and like them for dead bounces because they do not bounce as much and enhance ball control. The ball does not bounce to slings and potentially cause out lane drains, etc. Way more control for me(like it being dead for dead bounce)
In addition to dead bounces, I also like the drop catch capability, very responsive.
Passing, catching, and flipping all better with Superbands.
As for making a game easy in home environment, it has no effect and you would be lucky to last longer than five minutes on most of my machines with or without bands.

#4908 2 years ago

Ive grown to dislike superbands. I noticed when i get NIB the stock rubbers grip the ball much better and I was a superband junkie up until last few months. Ive been trying perfect plays and like them more then superbands. I dont like the translucent look of the superbands compared to the deep nice colors of perfect plays either. Titans I remove right away I have never liked them.

So Im going to go with stock Stern rubbers or perfect plays in black when mine arrives.

#4909 2 years ago

Everyone has an opinion-some like it bouncy & some do not. Love Superbands

If you did want to check out Superbands-I get them from Marcos...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RUBB-POLY

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Everyone has an opinion-some like it bouncy some do not. Love Superbands
If you did want to check out Superbands-I get them from Marcos...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RUBB-POLY

My main gripe with superbands is drop catches with them. I religiously changed all my games for years to superbands until I got a game in trade and thought it had superbands on it when they were actually not and they played so much better with my style of play that has developed skill wise over the years.

All you guys that have issues putting superbands on im a easy hire i slip them right on no problem but you got to pay for airplane tickets, food, lodging, and entertainment but flipper rubber change is free, lol!

#4911 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I thought it was a bug that he kept pressing it after drain that it kept awarding shots.

Totally possible too.

#4912 2 years ago

What’s with these rumors of late arrival on pros? My Distro told me just this week that he is expected 6 pros in June. One is mine... is he being optimistic? Have things changed with Stern’s production?

#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

What’s with these rumors of late arrival on pros? My Distro told me just this week that he is expected 6 pros in June. One is mine... is he being optimistic? Have things changed with Stern’s production?

Since those were initially supposed to ship by end of May, I’d say yes.

#4914 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Thinking either orange, yellow or purple-Superbands

I have four white all ready to go. It will stand out, but in a good way I hope.

#4915 2 years ago

Is the foundry always lit when you have enough beskar to buy stuff? Or do you have to light the foundry first?

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

There is more to the story then just 'pros'.

For new releases, Stern usually builds a small run of pros first for operators and special uses like launch parties. Don't confuse those pros with the larger run of pros done for most orders. Stern told those early run folks to expect the games to be built end of May and would have them likely this past week. That didn't happen. So it's just chatter about when those first run games will be landing.. Stern is a little behind here for reasons unknown.

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

It’s possible that pros will be produced in waves like the prems. First prem run is July-ish, then another run in October. Which run you get into depends on your distro’s allocation quantity for each wave and your place in line with that distro.

#4918 2 years ago

I’m wondering if the global chip shortage is starting to effect Stern’s manufacturing. Really seems like it’s starting to mess up everybody now.

#4919 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

I’m wondering if the global chip shortage is starting to effect Stern’s manufacturing. Really seems like it’s starting to mess up everybody now.

That is what I am hearing!

#4920 2 years ago

I did this to my Indy. Just realizing now that the side art colours are actually really similar to Mando Pro. May work for some. I’ll keep my Mando black for sure. I really didn’t like the stainless steel on my Indy though.

61E7C77D-E120-436C-906D-1A877893153B (resized).jpeg61E7C77D-E120-436C-906D-1A877893153B (resized).jpegA86F4DB9-EBA2-422A-BF5B-F744A8C2D6B7 (resized).jpegA86F4DB9-EBA2-422A-BF5B-F744A8C2D6B7 (resized).jpeg
#4921 2 years ago

I'd prefer the stainless over the crazy bright yellow. But you have an Indy and I don't!

#4922 2 years ago

Think this bright yellow will really not fit the mando...

#4923 2 years ago

Bright yellow isn’t a fit on anything.

#4924 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is more to the story then just 'pros'.
For new releases, Stern usually builds a small run of pros first for operators and special uses like launch parties. Don't confuse those pros with the larger run of pros done for most orders. Stern told those early run folks to expect the games to be built end of May and would have them likely this past week. That didn't happen. So it's just chatter about when those first run games will be landing.. Stern is a little behind here for reasons unknown.

hearing Stern has a supply problem with LCD screens.

#4925 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bright yellow isn’t a fit on anything.

I thought the same but my LE AIQ has grown on me... tho I wouldn’t want another yellow game.

#4927 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'd prefer the stainless over the crazy bright yellow. But you have an Indy and I don't!

Brass looks best on Indy IPA.

#4928 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Brass looks best on Indy IPA.

Yeah I have had my Indy for over 10years. I didn’t actually pick the rail colour when it was fully restored but I didn’t change it either. If I did it again I would go brass.

Still I really don’t like the stainless on it. I wanted something flashy. And for good or for bad the yellow stands out LOL.

The main point is how much the colour scheme and translite layout of the two games really are close. Yellow sun, the oranges, etc. Realistically I don’t think anyone would pick this rail yellow for anything either - haha. But my Mando Pro will look pretty sweet next to it.

#4929 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I did this to my Indy. Just realizing now that the side art colours are actually really similar to Mando Pro. May work for some. I’ll keep my Mando black for sure. I really didn’t like the stainless steel on my Indy though.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Brass that bitch!

#4930 2 years ago

Can one of you fine artistic photo shop guys put the stern side armor accessory on the pro so we can see what it will look like
Thanks in advance freddy

#4931 2 years ago

The last timbit, or how Canadian fights start over the last donut, Grogu style!

https://www.tiktok.com/@thechild_ren/video/6961806976040865029

#4932 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good but best Indiana I ever saw was Disneyland California.
They used wood and re invented cabinet completely wish I had pictures.

#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I played that one!!!

Found a link on YouTube

#4934 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Agree- it was awesome.

89917FB7-A957-43AF-958E-2484CF569F40 (resized).jpeg89917FB7-A957-43AF-958E-2484CF569F40 (resized).jpeg

#4935 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree- it was awesome.
[quoted image]

Wow! Where in the park was/is that?

#4936 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I’m pretty sure it was by the Indians Jones live show?

#4937 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

It was in the Indiana Jones gift shop just outside of the ride, I believe called the Trading Post(?) played it every visit.

#4938 2 years ago

Back to the topic at hand, let's hope some Pros start appearing in the wild this week. Hell I'd even settle for an official delay announcement at this point... Just anything to give an idea of when these are coming

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I believe a enthusiast made a pretty close copy of that Disney IJ at home.

#4940 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Bummer, they just did a run of Star Wars prem standard art. They should of saved those lcds for mando!

#4941 2 years ago

Please let someone receive their pro today.

#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Please let someone receive their pro today.

I’m on here 5x a day just hoping to see someone land their pro. Still holding out hope I’ll get my pro this month.

#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

This is entirely plausible.

I have a friend who works in an unrelated industry and was recently tasked with modifying several product designs due to shortages of LCD panels. The smaller ones used in industrial and commercial applications seem to be in particularly short supply.

Perhaps this would be a good time for Stern to build a couple of VEs (assuming there is no shortage of DMDs); they need to keep the lines moving, so why not fill the time with some LOTR and Tron?

#4944 2 years ago

If that’s the case, why release a game if they can’t finish production?

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

If that’s the case, why release a game if they can’t finish production?

Probably because there is a clock ticking on a licensing agreement and marketing releases were agreed and scheduled in advance.

#4946 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Probably because there is a clock ticking on a licensing agreement and marketing releases were agreed and scheduled in advance.

This sounds correct to me. I’ve worked with Disney licensing in my past. They are very strict and controlling with regards to their assets and dates.
Hopefully Stern can get the line rolling with all the other components assembled and install LCDs last as they become available (if that’s even possible within their production process).

#4947 2 years ago

All the speculation about possible delays is based off of what? Has anyone actually been told their order is delayed?

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

All the speculation about possible delays is based off of what? Has anyone actually been told their order is delayed?

I have been told a small quantity will arrive mid june, priority will go for operators then the next delivery will go in August for the PRO.
So I have a small chance to get mine in june or it will be in 2 months

#4949 2 years ago

Just got a quote on the accessories.

Mandalorian Shooter Rod is $129.99
Mandalorian Side Armor is $289.99

No idea if that's Stern MSRP or inflated distributor pricing (doubtful)? Going to see if another person can quote as well.

#4950 2 years ago

Prices on most accessories are going up from what Zach was saying on TPN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (OBO)
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.