(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 150.
#3101 6 months ago

Does anybody know if the upper playfield flippers move?!?!

#3102 6 months ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Why would that be distracting?

The mini pf is facing you like a screen

#3103 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think your post helps prove just how important code is in a pin. I've hammered on Mando but know my view can change based on the code. All of these games are just a box of lights without code and great code can make a pin a hit. Deadpool, GNR, LOTR, and other near universal acclaimed games would all suck if it wasn't for the great rulesets and code work put into the games.

Quoted for truth. Please play all the "empty" Stern games for a while that you and others have hammered and you might begin to realize how little tons of toys matter to the amount of fun you can have playing the game.

#3104 6 months ago

Has there been more info on the co-op code? Curious if it's like TMNT with regular co-op plus 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 1 modes.

#3105 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The mini pf is facing you like a screen

It literally never does unless you’re actively playing it. And even then, it’s not always oriented like that.

#3106 6 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Has there been more info on the co-op code? Curious if it's like TMNT with regular co-op plus 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 1 modes.

I hope it has rule changes like TMNT. That was a great idea. Maybe since everyone is Mando, stuff purchased from the foundry is shared amongst all players?

#3107 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope it has rule changes like TMNT. That was a great idea. Maybe since everyone is Mando, stuff purchased from the foundry is shared amongst all players?

He talks about it on Super Awesome. You all have a Beskar Pool and anyone can spend it and only they get the reward. Meaning people need to cooperate to plan out how to use Beskar.

#3108 6 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

He talks about it on Super Awesome. You all have a Beskar Pool and anyone can spend it and only they get the reward. Meaning people need to cooperate to pan out how to use Beskar.

I like that concept, forces some cooperation and team strategy

Curious to see if there are worthwhile strategies for, as an example, one player to focus on getting a jet pack, another to get whistling birds, etc.

#3109 6 months ago

Okay great! Makes it a whole different game with friends instead of simply sharing progress and score.

#3110 6 months ago

How much is the fancy metal ball shooter knob going to cost?

#3111 6 months ago

The podcast is worth a listen. Brian and Dwight go over a lot of what people keep asking about. Glad to know Co-op is in, and hearing that epic moment at the end of Season 2 with Luke made it into the game is AWESOME!

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/

#3112 6 months ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

How much is the fancy metal ball shooter knob going to cost?

If you have to ask...

#3113 6 months ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Distributor called that they are not getting enough le’s so im not getting one someone knows where i can get one?

They probably got their LEs but are just selling them for 5k over on the side. Let us know if you find an ethical distributor that’s not price gouging.

#3114 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It literally never does unless you’re actively playing it.

I thought it was the opposite. Facing you all the time, lowers a bit for play?

#3115 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I thought it was the opposite. Facing you all the time, lowers a bit for play?

I guess it’s possible, but it lays parallel to the main playfield so when the ball drops in there it can receive it. Then it moves during the mode and returns to normal once the ball leaves. I don’t think the ball can enter the playfield when it’s perpendicular to the main playfield.

Just checked the video. You’re right. Side upright, lowers to receive the ball, then moves around once the ball is in play my bad.

Still is a non issue. Haha

#3116 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess it’s possible, but it lays parallel to the main playfield so when the ball drops in there it can receive it. Then it moves during the mode and returns to normal once the ball leaves. I don’t think the ball can enter the playfield when it’s perpendicular to the main playfield.
Just checked the video. You’re right. Side upright, lowers to receive the ball, then moves around once the ball is in play my bad.
Still is a non issue. Haha

Actually it is an issue, it's distracting

#3117 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

And yet you people want a breakdancing baby Yoda!

MAKE UP YER MINDS!!!

#3118 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

that is why I insist that the flippers should be disabled unless you are about to go into the mini PF, it has to move up to receive the ball anyway...
The mini pf position is merely on what I have seen on the video, and it seems like the helmet is somewhat perpendicular to the main pf so you can see the helmet better...
It then moves when you are about to start that mode.

#3119 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Agree to disagree?
Speak with your wallet and pass on this title? Or go pro for 50% less distractions?

#3120 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And yet you people want a breakdancing baby Yoda!
MAKE UP YER MINDS!!!

Yeah...thanks for coming to rescue, did the check from Stern clear ok counselor?

#3121 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...thanks for coming to rescue

Do you buffoons want shit on this game to move or not?

MAKE UP YER MINDS!

More movement = better pinball!

#3122 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you idiots want shit on this game to move or not?
MAKE UP YER MINDS!

You're the idiot that's mixing up a complaint about a missed opportunity for what could've have been an awesome toy with the flippers on a mini pf that's facing the player going off in phantom fashion

#3123 6 months ago

the crazy thing looking back at this is... that people are willing to spend almost 50%-100% the cost of the premium JUST to get the LE? Good lord...

#3124 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You're the idiot that's mixing up a complaint about a missed opportunity for what could've have been an awesome toy with the flippers on a mini pf that's facing the player going off in phantom fashion

You mean like every 3rd and 4th flipper on playfields?

This is so over played... I thought everyone got their fill in the WoZ threads. I saw it as soon as the promo videos were shown and I was just counting down till people started crying over this.

#3125 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Look all I know is If paid all that money, I'd want as many things moving as possible as often as possible. Do I dare risk my friends and neighbors asking me why the game has flippers that don't move?!

This whole "kill the flippers" movement is beyond dumb. Upper playfield flippers are too "distracting" for you to enjoy your game?

We've reached new levels of whining. This is pinball. The upper flippers - the vast majority of the time, for about 40 years, for dozens and dozens of games - are always on, for reasons that have been explained many times.

I'm thinking some of you people need to find a new hobby. One you can enjoy.

#3126 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look all I know is I paid all that money, I'd want as many things moving as possible as often as possible.
This whole "kill the flippers" movement is beyond dumb. Upper playfield flippers are too "distracting" for you to enjoy your game?
We've reached new levels of whining. This is pinball. The upper flippers - the vast majority of the time - are always on, for reasons that have been explained many times.

My favourite hobby is spending time on pinside reading comments from asshats. It's a blast.

#3127 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look all I know is I paid all that money, I'd want as many things moving as possible as often as possible.
We've reached new levels of whining. This is pinball. The upper flippers - the vast majority of the time - are always on, for reasons that have been explained many times.

Yeah, this post could be considered a difference of opinion if you weren't a such a whiny shill...always slamming every Pinsider that has anything negative to say about Stern.
The game is 8k folks, just buy it and shut up!

#3128 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, this post could be considered a difference of opinion if you weren't a such a whiny shill...always slamming every Pinsider that has anything negative to say about Stern.
The game is 8k folks, just buy it and shut up!

This is just the dumbest bullshit I've ever read.

"The upper flippers move and it distracts me."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?!

It's a pinball machine. This is what pinball machines do; they have flippers that move, all the time. Whether it's a Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc...I'm white knighting for all of these brave designers and manufacturers of "moving flipper" games.

Find a new hobby. Pinball ain't for you.

#3129 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Get the pro then.

A pinball machine is full of distractions. Multiple balls may sometimes be on this playfield at once. Just an FYI.

#3130 6 months ago
7F2CF7AA-8E8D-4FAF-9689-858779A297CD_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#3131 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get the pro then.

Now with 50% less distraction!

That was the thing that bugged me about the pro..what? one flipper??

#3132 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted for truth. Please play all the "empty" Stern games for a while that you and others have hammered and you might begin to realize how little tons of toys matter to the amount of fun you can have playing the game.

I'm with ya there. All modern Stern's are fun, no doubt about that! It's a question of value, what is being included in the games, code quality / depth, how much effort went into mech / toy design that is often where my criticism comes from. When spending $6k - $9k+ on a pinball machine of all things I just want to feel like I'm getting my moneys worth. Some games do that better then others.

There's a lot of value that can come from code alone. It's an invisible feature but one that is just as valuable, if not more, then mechs in my opinion. We discussed Stranger Things Pro in another thread and while there isn't a ton mechanically on the game the great code work really helps make it great.

#3133 6 months ago

I didn't see this posted any where but this was the email Gary sent to distributors noting timelines for the games and for the accessories. Seems a topper is tentative for August.

Production of The Mandalorian Pro games will begin next week. In early June, we will begin the LE. The Premium production will start late June. We also will continue manufacturing many other games.

A full line of accessories will be available. Art blades are scheduled for mid-June. Side armor and shooter rods are mid-July. Subject to licensor’s pending approval, topper is planned for August.

#3134 6 months ago

What is the best toy, a moving mini-playfield or the hyperspace loop? Lot of complaint about Star Wars at the beginning but now people realize how super great this machine is!

My heart still pump lot of blood because all the excitement of this pin even after many years!

#3136 6 months ago

Good banter!

My Dad can fight your Dad!!

#3137 6 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Good banter!
My Dad can fight your Dad!!

But which Dad will win?

#3138 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But which Dad will win?

Well, the one that says this is a public pinball forum, you should be able to speak your mind before shills try to shut you down.

#3139 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, the one that says this is a public pinball forum, you should be speak your mind before shills try to shut you down.

Hope that wasn’t meant for me. I was simply stating I don’t see how any one thing in a game (especially one you haven’t played), can be any more distracting than any number of things that are typically in a game.

#3140 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Built in wifi has not been released yet.

I’m ok with that for Mandalorian.

#3141 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hope that wasn’t meant for me. I was simply stating I don’t see how any one thing in a game (especially one you haven’t played), can be any more distracting than any number of things that are typically in a game.

It wasn't meant for you....discussion weather it's critical or complementary is good, we've known things do change when they hear our voices....I can name a a half dozen different issues that were addressed, the lockdown bar, the pf clearcoat, the art on the machines, code etc...because they manufacturers heard our voices...$10,000 to 15000 for a machine is not little money anymore.

#3142 6 months ago

Hey remember what happened to last guy who thought the most brilliant debating tactic ever was to type "shill" as many times as possible, as fast as possible?

WHere'snow?

#3143 6 months ago

People are getting lost in the reasons again. I simply don't buy the machines I don't like. It doesn't mean I won't throw quarters in them, but even ops have to be feeling that pain. I look at $1 for a play and cringe that the game might last 30 seconds.

#3144 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People are getting lost in the reasons again. I simply don't buy the machines I don't like. It doesn't mean I won't throw quarters in them, but even ops have to be feeling that pain. I look at $1 for a play and cringe that the game might last 30 seconds.

I put a dollar in a machine a cringe that it might last for half an hour or more, GNR, LOT, TSPP, TH. I am really hoping Mandalorian is a brutal difficult game.

#3145 6 months ago

Pinball-Obsessed I think there are a lot of us just watching!

pasted_image (resized).png
#3146 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey remember what happened to last guy who thought the most brilliant argument tactic ever was to type "shill" as many times as possible, as fast as possible?
WHere'snow?

He's in Pinside Prison. They gave him a life sentence but he can still read and up-vote here. (pretty sure no down voting) Kinda like a cushy Federal Prison I guess.
Oh, and he can still send nasty emails. Ask me how I know.

#3147 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's in Pinside Prison. They gave him a life sentence but he can still read and up-vote here. (pretty sure no down voting) Like a cushy Federal Prison I guess.
Oh, and he can still send nasty emails. Ask me how I know!

LOL @ "Pinside Club Fed."

He's shilling for white collar crime law reform now!

#3148 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Flippers moving on a pinball machine is distracting? Ive heard alot of complaints but that one might be the greatest.

#3149 6 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Flippers moving on a pinball machine is distracting? Ive heard alot of complaints but that one might be the greatest.

Dude you clearly haven't owned as many pinball machines as he has, or you'd understand!!!!

Stop shilling for active, distracting flippers!

SHILL! SHILL!

#3150 6 months ago
Quoted from medic7000:

They probably got their LEs but are just selling them for 5k over on the side. Let us know if you find an ethical distributor that’s not price gouging.

Pretty sure my distributor is ethical but they just got less le’s comparing with le’s in the past. Ive heard other distributor got normal 15 le’s and only gets 9 mando le’s... (edited)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside