(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 150.
#7451 6 days ago

Man this game is full of STDM and drains, makes me stressed out. I already adjusted the outlane drains.

#7452 6 days ago

Has anyone else adjusted their outlines from the default middle position? I'm sorely tempted...

#7453 6 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

Has anyone else adjusted their outlines from the default middle position? I'm sorely tempted...

I have, and I got to say there's no shame in it. I still have plenty of balls exiting through the outlanes. It has to make a difference in the long run because your narrowing the gap, but it's not a game changer.

#7454 6 days ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Who has had their diverter break, I've heard lots did . Mine did, stern sent the new one, however the new one does not fit, it binds into the ramp. I've sent stern pics, and video they asked for. And they have asked me to measure and compare to original and I have. After making a outline, the curve on the new part is not the same at the end, it's just a bit off..but enough to not work. Anyone else receive a new one and have same issue?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is t

Quoted from thewool:

Yep, tightened up the outlanes and reduced slingshot power.

#7455 6 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this game is full of STDM and drains, makes me stressed out. I already adjusted the outlane drains.

Feels a lot like GB. STDM from out of the U turn and hitting the right side rail pretty consistently. Mando's a tough shooter but we really like the game regardless.

#7456 6 days ago

Thanks

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Feels a lot like GB. STDM from out of the U turn and hitting the right side rail pretty consistently. Mando's a tough shooter but we really like the game regardless.

Mmmm..... I never get SDTM shots from the u-turn. Maybe something to do with the setup?

#7457 6 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The worst is when the Grogu magnet throws it right down the middle. Grogu should be exciting since you get a reward, but I dread it every time. In general the geometry is such that the game routinely punishes you if you miss your shot with it heading right for an out lane or SDTM. I probably should just play better lol.

#7458 5 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

The worst is when the Grogu magnet throws it right down the middle. Grogu should be exciting since you get a reward, but I dread it every time. In general the geometry is such that the game routinely punishes you if you miss your shot with it heading right for an out lane or SDTM. I probably should just play better lol.

I removed the top rubber from the right upper lane guide. It helps a bit since it stopped bouncing, and less right only actions from Grogu but better would be that Dwight adjust the code for the magnet.

#7459 5 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I removed the top rubber from the right upper lane guide. It helps a bit since it stopped bouncing, and less right only actions from Grogu but better would be that Dwight adjust the code for the magnet.

Thanks. Will give that a try.

#7460 5 days ago

Don't forget to put the game on 5 ball if you are getting a lot of drains(you will need the extra 2) and want to keep factory outlane settings. It is a tough game with fast rejects and hungry out-lanes. My game play keeps getting better as I slow it down and aim for shots. What I like about Mando is the variety of shots and the geometry, there is so much to do that it never seems to get old or feel like you are chopping wood. Hitting that far right target on Encounters is difficult from the cradle position. Gets me into the battle mode where all I want to do is hit that target and keep attempting the shot over and over until I do hit it.

#7461 5 days ago

Ok I think Im learning about the weapons. So using the flamethrower during multiball or mission mode will get me 2x points
The whistling birds I can activate when Im in a mission to complete one shot?
How do I use that armor one?

Do the weapons self select when Im in the appropriate scenario to use one? or do I have to select them manually?
Thanks guys!

#7462 5 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I think Im learning about the weapons. So using the flamethrower during multiball or mission mode will get me 2x points
Do the weapons self select when Im in the appropriate scenario to use one? or do I have to select them manually?
Thanks guys!

I don't know but I have noticed that a quick button click selects and processes your foundry choice right away and stops the countdown. I believe Dwight Sullivan mentioned that.

#7463 5 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Don't forget to put the game on 5 ball if you are getting a lot of drains(you will need the extra 2) and want to keep factory outlane settings. It is a tough game with fast rejects and hungry out-lanes. My game play keeps getting better as I slow it down and aim for shots. What I like about Mando is the variety of shots and the geometry, there is so much to do that it never seems to get old or feel like you are chopping wood. Hitting that far right target on Encounters is difficult from the cradle position. Gets me into the battle mode where all I want to do is hit that target and keep attempting the shot over and over until I do hit it.

Yeah I went to 5 ball awhile ago. Gives me a fighting chance!

#7464 5 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks guys!

From tiltforums:

22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).pngC9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).pngE915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
#7465 5 days ago

Just saw that a tonne of new code has dropped for Stern games, except Mando

Edit: Looks like mostly Stern Insider stuff added

#7466 5 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yeah looking through some of the notes it seems almost exclusively related to stern insider or the toppers

#7467 5 days ago

I think (purely speculation) that the next update for Mando might be held up with licensing stuff.

They didn't have Mando on the Insider Connected update at Expo and the 'topper' said "Insider Connected Coming Soon! - Pending Licensor Approval"

Hopefully they drop the next update soon! Cmon Disney!

#7468 5 days ago

Looks like Dwight updated TMNT with some tweaks, bug fixes and small additions.

Assuming he went back to TMNT while he had the chance and will sort out Mando shortly. IC update is likely not part of his .99 and 1.0 plans.

#7469 5 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

Expo had signs on Mando saying pending licensor approval... which the others didn't. So doesn't surprise me Mando is behind.

#7470 4 days ago

Does anyone remember how long it took for the Star Wars topper to be approved for release? It seemed like a year or two later after initial game release. It does not sound like working with Disney license executives is easy. I did have an afterthought: Why is the initial design of the potential topper not part of the approval for all game assets in the beginning? It is almost like Stern did not even start on the topper until after the game was released. Seems like a big gap in potential lost revenue for topper sales. Accessories have become another great revenue stream for Stern, but it does not appear that they are capitalizing the way they should. A day late and a dollar short if you will

#7471 4 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Does anyone remember how long it took for the Star Wars topper to be approved for release? It seemed like a year or two later after initial game release. It does not sound like working with Disney license executives is easy. I did have an afterthought: Why is the initial design of the potential topper not part of the approval for all game assets in the beginning? It is almost like Stern did not even start on the topper until after the game was released. Seems like a big gap in potential lost revenue for topper sales. Accessories have become another great revenue stream for Stern, but it does not appear that they are capitalizing the way they should. A day late and a dollar short if you will

I think (on a couple of podcasts/interviews) folks from Stern have described the accessories/topper workstream to be pretty 'separate' from the actual machine design workstreams.

I do agree, if the machine design team is making the decisions about what the topper is, you'd think they'd seek approval for that at the same time as the machine itself. But maybe the approvals from Disney require a finished product before they can approve it.. and perhaps the toppers just take longer for the accessories workstream to pump out.

Also wonder if Stern sees the toppers as a "second wave of hype" that could motivate folks who passed on the machine initially to buy a machine/topper from a later run. That first wave is gonna sell whether there's a topper ready or not, so I could imagine a scenario where holding back the topper is almost a promotion of more sales later on to "late adopters."

#7472 4 days ago

Don’t stern often out source the production of toppers? If that is true then it likely adds another cog to the machine that has to be part of the approvals.

#7473 4 days ago

So I bought the set of side rail Mando rifles and I am not sure I want to install them on my LE? I did not realize the original stock rails go down further and have a screw hole that would need to be covered up. They look super bad ass-but not sure I want to cover up screw hole and if they would look out of place with lock down bar in silver.

Has anyone else installed the rifles on the LE?

#7474 4 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I bought the set of side rail Mando rifles and I am not sure I want to install them on my LE? I did not realize the original stock rails go down further and have a screw hole that would need to be covered up. They look super bad ass-but not sure I want to cover up screw hole and if they would look out of place with lock down bar in silver.

Boba is going to slap some sense into you 12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif

But seriously as cool as those side rails are I don’t think they would look right on the LE.

They are extremely cool and one of the few times I think Stern have produced must have side rails! Maybe look at selling your LE or trading for a premium + cash your way?

#7475 4 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I’d be interested in them if you do decide to sell the rails. Have a premium coming (eventually?) but haven’t pulled the trigger on the side rails yet.

#7476 3 days ago

Not sure who else is waiting on a preorder, but based on last episode of TPS, if I understood Zach correctly, it sounds like the following is the tentative production schedule:

December '21 - (Reduced Size) Pros/Premiums
February '22 - (Reduced Size) Pros/Premiums
June '22 - Premiums
July '22 - Pros

#7477 1 day ago

I saw Pros on the line on Thanksgiving on Sterns Facebook page. Hopefully premiums are up next. My Premium order was first week of release.

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside