Quoted from pinmister:
Also my ramp flaps are already starting to dent up pretty good. Wondering if Stern is using a different gauge metal(or non hardened steel) for ramp flaps nowadays? Some of my older Sterns do not seem to have this issue? Would be interesting if you could access and measure the gauge of the flaps with a micrometer to see if there is a difference?
The build quality definitely get cheaper and cheaper imo:
- The left ramp is attatched to the PF with just two metal flaps, already saw images of broken rampst, the flap left/right entrance also sticks out too much.
- My middle ramps attachment metal just popped off the ramp, no damage done yet.
- The right ramps entrance is done very strange, i have had to bend the metal so that it doesn't damage the plastic.Tthe top plastic is not aligned well with the entrance too, looks rushed.
- The two wiggling plastic attachment ramps on the pros are a total joke. I hope thats not the new standard.
- The glass seems cheaper too, sharp edges on my model.
And here is my opinion on the code so far:
Over all it seems quite ok to me, but I have some complaints as always
Making nearly every required shot for modes yellow seems too make every mission monoton and unintersting.
There is no reason to learn modes beside of points. Just make sure to start a mode before you drain, so that it gets completed, add a Multiball and start your encounters as often as possible, which gets me to my main complaint.
Encounters are completely killing the flow and they are about 2/3 over emphasized imo. Just count the shots you need to complete all 3 modes with 3 stages, now add the failed attemts in the mini PF and encounter activation shots. I even like the mini playfield but thats just too much and super boring.
The mini PF should be rewarding IMO, and not wood chopping to the extreme, I alway let the ball drain on bonus level, just to get out of there.
Setting the difficulty to "easy encounters" just removes the activation shot, so nearly every shot will now be diverted, flow is dead.
I still hope the game will grow on me