(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,678 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Megeant
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,678 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 234.
#4301 1 year ago

I have been in contact with spooky around my game lockup issues. I mentioned a few times that I think my locks up are related to my left "lower" flipper.

I have been back and forth with them a bit but haven't heard anything concrete or anything to try to resolve this other than them asking me to specifically pin down the issue.

I understand they are also busy with support issues.

I tried again today and sure enough , maybe every 1-20 left flipper flips, it locks up. I peeked at the warden board and it was flashing a bunch of white, red, and a bit of purple. I think blue flashing is the normal state.

#4302 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Or at least get the game back to do a complete autopsy on it to see where the issues are coming from, while shipping him a new pin that has been QC'd from top to bottom.

i would want this back in house to rip it apart and learn for future builds also.

#4303 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play culter mb 100 times. Never gets harder to start, and it’s safe.

I avoid that just so I don't have to hear that song... has to be one of the worst tracks in pinball.

#4304 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If Spooky published a wiring diagram, which they should anyways, I think the community would be more than willing to help a few users with issues. It would help lighten Spooky’s support load. But right now it’s the blind leading the blind.

Wiring diagram/matrix, schematics, parts list... basically any sort of manual would be nice.

I feel that Spooky currently in over their head. My machine has not worked right for 7 weeks now and the resolution falls on me as Spooky has been little help. I have sent pictures and videos which have been forwarded to the "development team" and next time the "programing team". Appears neither team have staff as I never heard back from anyone.

Tomorrow will be my second event that I host where Scooby is shut off. So sad as the game is great fun when it works.

#4305 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I have refrained from commenting on Scooby since I played it at TPF. I really was thinking the QC issues would begin to iron themselves out in production it has not.
I have also been reading the Ultraman thread and the code and issues with the machines just seem to be a long term issue.
I decided to jump ship on Scooby and listed my spot in a sea of 15 others.
Next time I will just wait and not jump so fast. Lesson learned.

Me too, haven't listed my spot, it's in the thousand and frankly I'm beyond caring at this point. I look at it as paying a "stupid tax" and just move on. I bought a TNA CE, have had problems, nothing but props to Spooky support, they responded, they obviously cared, but it took me talking to Scott Danesi himself to troubleshoot and get the board identified that had burned out. This was a second generation run machine, time did not make the production process more mature, that's a fact. I wish Spooky nothing but the best, I've contributed my deposit to them, I want them to succeed. The way these games look is second to none. I wish them luck.

As to the inevitable response, I'm new to the hobby, less than a year. I have bought 17 NIB Sterns, out of those I have had one major out of box defect, my Avengers AIQ Premium needed a new motherboard. Not saying that applies across the board, this is empirical evidence only, the least reliable metric. But it also happens to be a fact. I have two JJP's, minor issues with both, immediately addressed by JJP, although not in the personal manner employed by Spooky, again, support is top notch. So, my thoughts, impressions and conclusions. This is no shot to anyone who has these machines, they are beautiful, and it seems some of you got a good one. I am only referring to the NIB experience. All of us know, you play these machines, they break...period.....don't care who builds em. We all acquire the skills needed to lift the hood and fix em, that just goes with the hobby. What we should expect is a machine that works for at least a couple of hundred games, and then we bang on em and know that then, all bets are off.

#4306 1 year ago

So a few thoughts on the music in the game...

I know the main theme has been lauded as short and repetitive. I cannot argue with that, it's not terrible but it's definitely very short. I think my favorite toon is in creeper mode(I think thats the mode) it's the one from their initial trailer. That could be a killer main theme.

Cutler MB, yeah maybe have an option for an instrumental version, or save that singing version for some very rare mode then it would be cool

#4307 1 year ago

I too feel I jumped on board to soon as well. I pray I get a nib fully working no issue game but things posted here are getting to me and having major fears and big time doubt . This no refund deposit shit is no longer an option for me going forward.

#4308 1 year ago

The main Scooby background track loop has been stuck in my head for days. It's been a week since I played. It's just so earwormy.

#4309 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Me too, haven't listed my spot, it's in the thousand and frankly I'm beyond caring at this point. I look at it as paying a "stupid tax" and just move on. I bought a TNA CE, have had problems, nothing but props to Spooky support, they responded, they obviously cared, but it took me talking to Scott Danesi himself to troubleshoot and get the board identified that had burned out. This was a second generation run machine, time did not make the production process more mature, that's a fact. I wish Spooky nothing but the best, I've contributed my deposit to them, I want them to succeed. The way these games look is second to none. I wish them luck.
As to the inevitable response, I'm new to the hobby, less than a year. I have bought 17 NIB Sterns, out of those I have had one major out of box defect, my Avengers AIQ Premium needed a new motherboard. Not saying that applies across the board, this is empirical evidence only, the least reliable metric. But it also happens to be a fact. I have two JJP's, minor issues with both, immediately addressed by JJP, although not in the personal manner employed by Spooky, again, support is top notch. So, my thoughts, impressions and conclusions. This is no shot to anyone who has these machines, they are beautiful, and it seems some of you got a good one. I am only referring to the NIB experience. All of us know, you play these machines, they break...period.....don't care who builds em. We all acquire the skills needed to lift the hood and fix em, that just goes with the hobby. What we should expect is a machine that works for at least a couple of hundred games, and then we bang on em and know that then, all bets are off.

I understand where you are coming from. I have mine listed but it is not the lowest in the large sales group and that is only what is listed on pinside so I will see how that goes.
I feel the risk outweighs the reward on this for me. Hopefully someone else can pick it up and I will move on to what works for me. My Sterns and CGC have been battle tested and preform so I will probably stick with my comfort zone.

#4310 1 year ago

Looks like the previous owner passed on his problems to me, but I reached out to AJ today, and seems like a great guy to work with.

I'll try to get the upper pf off this weekend and have a look around. Hopefully issues can be resolved without too much pain and time, as I would love to actually play it!

#4311 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I avoid that just so I don't have to hear that song... has to be one of the worst tracks in pinball.

My family and I love it. It’s fun and the start of the song sounds like Billy Squires The Stroke. But I can see people not liking it. But hope Spooky doesn’t remove it. But maybe give the option to change it like with Godzilla multiball.

#4312 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My family and I love it. It’s fun and the start of the song sounds like Billy Squires The Stroke. But I can see people not liking it. But hope Spooky doesn’t remove it. But maybe give the option to change it like with Godzilla multiball.

The option to change it on the fly would be nice. Or even an alternate option in the settings. I've only heard it a couple times in video streams, and that's enough for me. Didn't Spooky kind of hint this may be an option at some point? Or am I imagining things?

#4313 1 year ago

Go the Zilla route. Put 3-5 songs there that you can cycle through with the center button to change the song before the MB starts. That was a great add.

#4314 1 year ago

Any machine that requires a couple of board swaps and still isn’t working should be shipped back to Spooky for autopsy and repair. It will be cheapest way to fix that game for good and avoid developing a bad rep. Spooky would need to agree to this but if so, then there’s a professional way to resolve for everyone’s benefit. Taking things further, WHAT Spooky could do is ship him a new game after his old game has been picked up.

#4315 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Any machine that requires a couple of board swaps and still isn’t working should be shipped back to Spooky for autopsy and repair. It will be cheapest way to fix that game for good and avoid developing a bad rep. Spooky would need to agree to this but if so, then there’s a professional way to resolve for everyone’s benefit. Taking things further, WHAT Spooky could do is ship him a new game after his old game has been picked up.

100% agreed.

As I said this game clearly has something more major going on and not just a bad board or couple of boards. Me personally I would not settle for anything less than a new game or minimum this game goes back and is completely rebuilt down to the last wire, connector, nut bolt etc.

You don't drop 10k on a boat anchor and expect to be happy about it (unless you are buying an actual boat anchor).

And before anyone gets worked about what I said - no we are still not cancelling our order. We want the game but really don't want the headache.

#4316 1 year ago

Just recieved tracking info for #312 through PinballStar. Was picked up today.

#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

100% agreed.
As I said this game clearly has something more major going on and not just a bad board or couple of boards. Me personally I would not settle for anything less than a new game or minimum this game goes back and is completely rebuilt down to the last wire, connector, nut bolt etc.
You don't drop 10k on a boat anchor and expect to be happy about it (unless you are buying an actual boat anchor).
And before anyone gets worked about what I said - no we are still not cancelling our order. We want the game but really don't want the headache.

Sorta curious where the threshold is of "hey sorry, we messed up and need to swap out your machine" on spooky's end? I'm certain they're just as bummed as we are about the people having issues...but it does make you wonder if whats happening is QC or shipping related. I just imagine something of this size getting unreasonably jostled on it's journey to the owner. Maybe a more comprehensive 'before you turn on your machine check these points' setup list would be helpful?

You got this Spooky...hoping for the best here on 398!

#4318 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Sorta curious where the threshold is of "hey sorry, we messed up and need to swap out your machine' on spooky's end? I'm certain they're just as bummed as we are about the people having issues...but it does make you wonder if whats happening is QC or shipping related. I just imagine something of this size getting unreasonably jostled on it's journey to the owner. Maybe a more comprehensive 'before you turn on your machine check these points' setup list would be helpful?
You got this Spooky...hoping for the best here on 398!

A board or two needs replaced? Seems fine.

Multiple boards, multiple times, with new issues popping up after each swap? That seems like a, "We fucked something up" sort of thing.

It seems like there are a lot of small mech related issues, too. I think Spooky needs to issue a real manual and let the community do it's thing (there are some crazy smart people here) as well as issue a service bulletin regarding issues and fixes.

#4319 1 year ago

Why is spooky being so quiet here and why was it so important to make sure the first 50 machines went out trouble free and now they are just shipping games out with all these issues very disappointing unfortunately

#4320 1 year ago

Yeah, they are super quiet, only sometimes posting multiple times per day.

#4321 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Why is spooky being so quiet here and why was it so important to make sure the first 50 machines went out trouble free and now they are just shipping games out with all these issues very disappointing unfortunately

The first 50 where also used as beta testing. I had issues with #32 and I also got downvoted like you did for your post. Apparently can only say positive things. It’s not good that there is still issues happening. And some are big issues for a $10k game.

Mine is all squared away outside of the flipper whine when holding the flippers. Love Scooby and hopefully those having issues get them resolved. It’s an amazing game.

#4322 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The first 50 where also used as beta testing. I had issues with #32 and I also got downvoted like you did for your post. Apparently can only say positive things.

They got downvoted for claiming Spooky vanished from responding in the thread which is not the case. Getting the facts wrong is different from being critical of any issues people are having.

#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Keep in mind there are hundreds of games that are out there without issues. Pinside is not a comprehensive list of everyone's scooby experience and will largely be the platform where negative feedback relating to issues is voiced. If you're only getting your news from this thread...you're ill informed.

Use some logic. Spooky cares more then you do about providing working pins...I guarantee it. They're vested. Their longevity of the company depends on making pins that work.

My takeaway from all this is that pinball manufacturing is wicked challenging and this company is offering better support on a smaller run of machines than anyone else. Hardware, software, audio, video all have to work in perfect harmony. I'm so glad a company like spooky exists because they offer something that the big guys cant...care.

SpookyBug sending waves of encouragement from one small business owner to another...you got this!

#4324 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Latest update - Received three new coils, and a new Warden Board. Swapped the board, soldered the new coils in, updated to the latest code - EVERYTHING WORKS now!
However, the auto plunger was still giving me some trouble. After some tweaking, I gave up and played with the glass off, manually helping the ball get into play. Then, after about three games, the auto plunger starting shooting really fast like it was supposed to. Very odd situation on how it just happened to resolve itself.
Anyway, really glad this game is up and running 100%. It's been a blast to play. Very unique modes that make you feel like you are solving different mysteries for each individual villain. Great job Spooky on the ruleset! And that bookcase flipper... so cool how it's used!

To update the group on the everlasting auto-plunger issue - I received a new assembly from Spooky today. Right away, I could tell the new assembly was tight and much sturdier than what I had in my game. I installed it, put about 10 games in, and not one issue whatsoever. The auto plunger fires with excellent power with no side to side movement.

I can now officially say I have a perfect working machine! Thank you to AJ and Luke for the amount of time they put in to help us frustrated customers. I hope I don't have to speak to you guys ever again.

Lastly, for those who have inconsistent auto plunger issues, I highly recommend asking for a new assembly. It made a world of difference.

#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

To update the group on the everlasting auto-plunger issue - I received a new assembly from Spooky today. Right away, I could tell the new assembly was tight and much sturdier than what I had in my game. I installed it, put about 10 games in, and not one issue whatsoever. The auto plunger fires with excellent power with no side to side movement.
I can now officially say I have a perfect working machine! Thank you to AJ and Luke for the amount of time they put in to help us frustrated customers. I hope I don't have to speak to you guys ever again.
Lastly, for those who have inconsistent auto plunger issues, I highly recommend asking for a new assembly. It made a world of difference.

YES! Good news

#4326 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Any noticeable differences with this replacement? Does it have added washers or?

#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Not quiet! We are aware of everything going on! I read every single post but I try to sit back most of the time and just let the thread be unless I feel I can add something important or fun. Many times there is a ton of communication going on with customers behind the scenes to especially by AJ and when I see a post I'll just walk over and ask the guys for an update on the situation. As long as it sounds like it's taken care of and under control I'll leave it at that. If I think more can be done I'll jump in.

Specifically with the 3 pinsiders here with issues there is daily conversation here seeking solutions and the entire company management is familiar with the situation and all working to help solve ASAP. We certainly don't have our heads in the sand about anything and are working every day to be the best company we can be in every aspect. It really hits home with us when we see customers with issues and it's not something we take lightly by any stretch. I do think there are a quiet majority of people just happy and playing their game with 0 issues. That doesn't stop us from wanting to get that percentage closer to 100%.Anyway, enjoy the weekend guys!

#4328 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Not quiet! We are aware of everything going on! I read every single post but I try to sit back most of the time and just let the thread be unless I feel I can add something important or fun. Many times there is a ton of communication going on with customers behind the scenes to especially by AJ and when I see a post I'll just walk over and ask the guys for an update on the situation. As long as it sounds like it's taken care of and under control I'll leave it at that. If I think more can be done I'll jump in.
Specifically with the 3 pinsiders here with issues there is daily conversation here seeking solutions and the entire company management is familiar with the situation and all working to help solve ASAP. We certainly don't have our heads in the sand about anything and are working every day to be the best company we can be in every aspect. It really hits home with us when we see customers with issues and it's not something we take lightly by any stretch. I do think there are a quiet majority of people just happy and playing their game with 0 issues. That doesn't stop us from wanting to get that percentage closer to 100%.Anyway, enjoy the weekend guys!

Dammit I'm literally upstairs writing a response to that too, always one step behind

#4330 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Now we need you to go make some noise in the Ultraman thread.

#4331 1 year ago

The flipper whine is probably not easy to fix in a code update or it most likely would have been released at this point.

#4332 1 year ago

You misspelled Halloween

Quoted from RikeIsland:

#4333 1 year ago

My issue started on startup. I wonder if something during start-up or shut down is causing a voltage spike....

#4334 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Man I'd like to follow all of our games threads daily but I don't think the time exists! Ultraman and Halloween will always have a special place in my heart obviously to those who know how the project started. I'll try to catch back up and hop in. Honestly the guys have had a ton of content written forever for Ultraman just need it to get implemented. I've been told programming is hard! Luke Peter's works on Halloween Ultraman stuff daily still as well as Matt Kemp and Bug. Can't wait for that next code update.

I keep up with all the social media in general as well as most podcasts. The pinball network, Kaneda, Don, cary hardy, Zach and greg and about any other video on YouTube I can find related to our games. Always try to stay tuned with what's going on and the general public perception of our games. What people want to see from us and what they do and don't love etc.

#4335 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Any noticeable differences with this replacement? Does it have added washers or?

The two things I noticed:

1. The assembly was "tighter." Not much ability for it to move side to side.

2. The "teeth" seemed to be spread wider than what came with the game.

It's a night and day difference. I think some of us got a bad batch.

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Man I'd like to follow all of our games threads daily but I don't think the time exists! Ultraman and Halloween will always have a special place in my heart obviously to those who know how the project started. I'll try to catch back up and hop in. Honestly the guys have had a ton of content written forever for Ultraman just need it to get implemented. I've been told programming is hard! Luke Peter's works on Halloween Ultraman stuff daily still as well as Matt Kemp and Bug. Can't wait for that next code update.
I keep up with all the social media in general as well as most podcasts. The pinball network, Kaneda, Don, cary hardy, Zach and greg and about any other video on YouTube I can find related to our games. Always try to stay tuned with what's going on and the general public perception of our games. What people want to see from us and what they do and don't love etc.

This is care. Someone key this so no one forgets.

#4337 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

The flipper whine is probably not easy to fix in a code update or it most likely would have been released at this point.

Because the flipper whine is a non-issue - it's way quieter than the Stern power supply fans.

#4338 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Because the flipper whine is a non-issue - it's way quieter than the Stern power supply fans.

Spooky stated that a code update would be released to fix the flipper whine many pages back.
Nothing to do with Stern fans.
Non-issue maybe maybe not.

#4339 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Thanks for the response brother greatly appreciated and I know you guys are hard at work I have played Scooby and think it is by far your best offering to date.

#4340 1 year ago

One suggestion. Should be able to switch the music. More main Scooby Doo where are you

And the only issue I’ve had is at the end of a game I get a high score and it pops in AAA before I have a chance to drop in initials sometimes.

Great game guys!

#4341 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One suggestion. Should be able to switch the music. More main Scooby Doo where are you
And the only issue I’ve had is at the end of a game I get a high score and it pops in AAA before I have a chance to drop in initials sometimes.
Great game guys!

Are you still pleased with your butter cab? Mine will be butter and arriving soonish. I can almost smell the butter from here.

#4342 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great game guys!

Maybe your lockdown bar button is getting stuck sometimes? Or whatever other button can be used to enter initials.

#4343 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Maybe your lockdown bar button is getting stuck sometimes? Or whatever other button can be used to enter initials.

Mine is really sensitive. If I hit it once, all three letters register. I bet this is the issue.

#4344 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

That’s it. Leaf switch too tight.

#4345 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine is really sensitive. If I hit it once, all three letters register. I bet this is the issue.

There's gotta be a switch to adjust. I never really looked at mine.

Never mind. Glad you figured it out.

#4346 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Are you still pleased with your butter cab? Mine will be butter and arriving soonish. I can almost smell the butter from here.

Butter is beautiful! Asked my wife sitting in new casita game room what she liked best. Scooby!

#4347 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Butter is beautiful! Asked my wife sitting in new casita game room what she liked best. Scooby!

Awesome. Can’t wait.

#4348 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Has anyone been keeping up with the Google Scooby tracker?

Just got my game today - they are about 6 to 10 days off on that tracker depending on when you get shipment notification (Thursday means you wait till Monday for it to go out)

#4349 1 year ago

Love the game.

I didn't think I would enjoy that bookcase flipper much... but I think it is rather fun, unique and VERY rewarding when making some of those tough upper playfield shots.

This game flows well and is fast. all shots are easily made and repeatable on the lower playfield, you can flow or stop and go (flippers have some very bouncy rubber from factory though, I like it).

Code seems pretty well thought out so far and feels near complete but I only have about 30 games in so far.

Light shows are outstanding.

The artwork is superb.

This game is loaded and many little details demonstrate design with theme in mind vs theme slapped into a design.

Of course, I appreciate the Scooby snacks... we aren't eating them in the event we sell in 30 years, I think it will raise the value like a goody bag still stapled lol

The pin feels wobbly - I am unsure if this is due to the mantis type thick protectors with the felt pads.

Some glaring quality issues with stripped screws, cracked/split cabinet (presumably due to depth and angle screw was drive at).
IMG_20230427_213710.jpgIMG_20230427_213710.jpg

Very happy so far with this purchase. One more mystery machine multiball and I'll probably bolt it to the floor.

Great job on this one spooky!

#4350 1 year ago

Soooky is sending me a new warden board and computer . Hopefully this fixes it!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,678 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/87?hl=wfumed2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.