(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 1 year ago

Checking in! Hoping to get mine at Pincinnati this year. We shall see!!

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

IBTL
Because this can't possibly be the official thread, right?
Wouldn't a Spooky-dude make that?

Official club threads are my by anyone that gets to it first after the game ships.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any suggestions on a nice digital pitch ? Not looking for the cheapest but the best or above average. Thanks in advance!

GemRed 82412 Mini Digital Level Angle Gauge Angle Finder Protractor Inclinometer Aluminum Framework with Magnet https://a.co/d/g3kbyRD

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

This is going to sound really ‘noobish’ but where are you guys measuring the degree at? I’ve been going directly on the playfield over a piece of paper.
The magnet freaks me out that it might damage something I’m unaware of as well.
I’ll have to download a phone app. I know I used to use one for my roof measurements and they were always pretty good for that so I’m sure with the new phone they work well

I don’t use anything. I just pitch my game steep and adjust it until it plays to my liking.

#119 1 year ago

Playfield could be warped. Wouldn’t be the first time.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Side question: is Scooby Snack Multiball coded in the game yet? I think I had 96 scooby snacks but wasn't sure how many it takes to start (100?).

Definitely not in the game now, and isn’t guaranteed to be there in the future either.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from EMDude:

So you own the arcade but the person who owns the games won’t give you the keys?!

That’s extremely common.

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Why start an owners club if your not going to be active
He should off posted that the pin was down so people don’t waste their time driving there

You drove from AZ to play? Brutal!

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

I was on my way but I turned around as soon as I read that post
I know people are not checking here before they drive there but this guy should be more active
If I would off started an owners club I would off posted multiple close up pics and a video review of the game and answer people’s questions

Haha. I didn’t see the game was down pic.

But how would you have posted that stuff? You don’t have your game yet. And when you do have it, you’ll still be able to post all that.

Anyone could’ve started this thread once one game left the factory.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yeah you would think he would. And why should your post get downvoted? He started the thread and could save people the headache to drive two hours out of their way to play it.

My point is, no matter who started the thread, we wouldn’t have known this game was down had this other person that saw it, not posted.

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

It’s back in action after a brief hiatus and upper playfield flipper fixing. Thanks for everyone that played it, and apologies to those that stopped out and couldn’t.
[quoted image]

What’s the best way to get to the upper flippers for service?

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Gotta remove the upper playfield for real access. You can kinda get at a few parts by removing the castle front but disassembling is really the best way to do it and make sure you’re not having to do it again anytime soon.

Is it straightforward getting the upper playfield off?

#355 1 year ago

I’m not paying until my game is ready to ship. I bought through Flip n Out.

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Upper playfield images in case y'all are interested:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Care to share what’s required to take it off? Any dos or donts? Looks like everyone is having to take this off for service in the first week. Haha

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I assume since these are going out 7 games at a time - they corrected the issue on the line for all the games that were waiting to be boxed/shipped. So, maybe the first 21 or 28 were affected?

What issue?

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Top 100 Means absolutely nothing.

It means everything.

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The top 100 used to mean something

It means more now than it ever has. The fate of pinball rests on its shoulders.

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

3PM Eastern, interview with Bug will be streaming here:
https://www.twitch.tv/electriccitypinball?sr=a

Playfield is upside down. And frozen.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The Electric City Pinball feed has the Scooby Doo playfield upside down. I havent followed them for a month so I cant comment in chat.

Yeah. No one is going to be able to chat. Haha. You need to follow them for a month to chat.

#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I relayed the message. Camera fixed

It’s right side up now, but the video is effed. Frozen for long periods of time.

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I will check with Dylan and see what we can do to combat that.

Best thing to do I have a delay on the reset of the drops to make sure the ball has time to clear the area. Also, on ball search, have the drops drop (if they are memory drops), and stay down for a second or two before resetting.

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I was thinking require a separate shot in a different area to reset the drop. The drops do not have an auto knockdown coil. Then the only time it could happen is in multiball however you would have to perfectly shoot a ball over the drops and hit the reset with another at the exact same time so it would be much more rare. Also if it happens in multiball you atleast have a fighting chance to knock it out with another ball. Already tossed some ideas over to Dylan!

Yeah. And hopefully have a fix for if it does happen to get stuck, will the ball search fix it or will the game have to be opened up. Would help for location games.

Is the chase ball feature adjustable? Hopefully it will be for people that don’t want that to happen with stuck balls for tournaments.

#638 1 year ago

Changing the drop target reset timing seems to the easiest way and what stern does on games that have had that issue (TWD, AIQ)

1 week later
#1379 1 year ago

Contact spooky for any issues you have. Then report back when it’s fixed to help others that might have the same issue.

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And here is f*cking d0n again shitting in every thread he cares to visit, trying to drum up hysteria, and being protected by mods.

If only there was a way to stop all this. Hmmmmm. Hint. I haven’t seen them post in years.

#1537 1 year ago

To be fair, it’s the club thread. All folks interested in the game welcome. Just no trolls and shit posters that have no interest in playing or owning the game.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Really that could be anyone.

You’d think, yet dummies always find their way into the club thread to rain on the parade.

Why not just hang out in the hype thread? I guess not getting enough attention there.

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Hopefully it makes for the best possible product for everyone. That would be a positive result.

Or you know, don’t be a jerk. There’s constructive criticism, then there’s trolling. I’ve had tons of conversations with manufacturers that have left to positive results. There’s a right way to do things.

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Awesome will have to check it out soon!

I’ll join ya!

#1564 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I am all for people expressing problems and concerns along with the good things. Not everything is perfect especially in pinball. If a owner wants to ask for help or even bitch about a game so be it that is there right.

We’re clearly not seeing eye to eye. You think trolling is okay. That’s fine, but lots of us don’t agree with it. You can go about your game issues however you like.

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Unfortunately that won't work, as it would block the ball from launching into the locking mechanism above the VUK.

Try drop dead foam.

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from gilbi:

Hi Guys
Could someone share the Topper height ? double checking my basement ceiling as well

Search the thread. Already been posted.

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Probably have a hard time finding it by searching this thread… but VictoryPointePGH posted this in the hype thread. [quoted image]

Not hard at all actually. Scroll to the top of the page and search there.

296B758F-8BD3-4B0C-9EFD-C4C974CBC779 (resized).jpeg296B758F-8BD3-4B0C-9EFD-C4C974CBC779 (resized).jpeg
#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Hard for that search to find a post that doesn’t seem to exists in this owners thread. Maybe I missed it here but I believe the topper height was only posted in the hype thread.

Fair enough. That’s my bad. Thought that post was here.

#1727 1 year ago

Played a game and a half. The artwork is insanely good. Just awesome to look at for starters. Haha.

All the shots feel good. Little stop n go with the trap door on the left and the mystery machine. Maybe it was the mode I was in, but I’d rather the horseshoes fly most of the time. Only have the ball stop for like moments. Big collects and mode starts and such.

Upper playfield is MASSIVE! I thought GOT was big.

Didn’t play much up there, but liked the shots.

#1729 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

In my experience, the trap door only catches my ball on a slower shot. Not sure if the magnet is coded yet to grab it at times.

Oh I see. Maybe I just kept rattling balls in the horseshoe and it was falling in there.

#1731 1 year ago

Are modes supposed to have a timer? I feel like I played the lock combination mode for like 5 minutes and it still didn’t time out. Eventually completed it. Haha

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Some you have to keep your bravery meter up or it times out.
During the Miner 49er mode, you can catch glimpses/quick flashes of red or green to help choose the correct shot. And your character callouts will help give you hints too.

Cool. Yeah hard to hear it here.

#1737 1 year ago

With how wide the center shot is, it’s not a gimmie to get it to the top playfield. Seems it’s rattling up there somewhere a lot.

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Will SD have real or silicone rubbers on it?

Silicone.

#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

What happened to the second half of game 2 Chuck?

Had to leave and play my matches in the tournament.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Makes sense. How did you do in the tourney?

Not dead yet! But I’m down to my last strike.

#1815 1 year ago

Upper playfield flippers would definitely play better with higher power.

Ball would whip around those loops and those standups for Captain would be deadly.

#1869 1 year ago

I would suggest waiting to drop reviews on this game until the code is done. Probably better to do it this time next year.

#1872 1 year ago

No I meant when it’s done. At least feature complete. Because then you have to go back and update an early review for more progressed code. Rate it now, and your critiques might be NA due to code updates.

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Curious how often you think people hold back an initial opinion here on pinside?

Rarely if ever. I might be the only one. Haha. Can’t hurt to try and get others to join the patience party!

#1877 1 year ago

Stock is way to easy to keep the ball alive for sure. But it can be made way hard really quick.

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Disagree with you on this one. I’m a nerd. I play video games - a lot of which are released with early code and a bunch of bugs. Those early reviews let me know if I’m going to take the plunge (ha!) early or wait it out. I also think common themes in early reviews can help developers tweak features in future updates.
That’s leaving out all of the other things in pinball that don’t change with code - like artwork and playfield geometry. So I say early reviews are cool - but definitely should be done in a way that acknowledges it’s an unfinished package.
Edit: *after I wrote this I saw a post on the hype thread where a guy “blew up” Scooby and said he’s selling it. I’m picking up what you’re putting down chuckwurt

Yeah if you do an early review and have caveats in it, and go back and update later with more time on it/finished code, great. I just like to review a game once. So I wait. Haha

#1934 1 year ago

Still. 500 plays shouldn’t show anything anywhere except maybe some light ball trails that will easily clean up.

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The shooter lanes on all the show sterns made me cringe. Visible from a distance chipping.

Make sure if you get a show game to change the trough eject power before they start letting folks play it.

#1951 1 year ago

Pretty sure that’s a powder coating metal ramp. I guess it could be a painted plastic ramp, but that would be a first for me.

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Powder coated metal is what I thought it was but I have not seen the game in person so idk

I have, and I’m still not a 100%. Just going with that as that seems more likely than a painted plastic ramp.

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

I recently started listening to "Bro, do you even talk pinball." I find it entertaining with generally good info. On their recent episode, they both just laid into Spooky as a pinball manufacturer. And I mean, they let em have it. Talking about issues their past pins have had, things not working out of the box, shoddy soldering jobs, all sorts of things. I'll be honest; it really got me worried. I know Spooky is active on here and everyone says how good their customer service is, and that's awesome. But how concerned should I be that these build quality issues keep coming up on all of their releases?

Always a gamble to buy a pinball machine. Old, new, any manufacturer.

Trust your gut. Plenty of time to wait and see how the game shapes up. Then buy.

#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I sincerely hope that everyone that's waiting for a game, gets one in working order and enjoys it.
Looks like Scooby Doo will be at PinBrew. If anyone wants to show me what I'm missing on the game (or any other Spooky games there), I'm open to that. I'm willing to change my mind and happy to report a positive experience.

But you’re allowed to dislike/hate anything you want. Not sure why anyone would try and convince you otherwise. Everybody just play what they like.

#2104 1 year ago

I think it’s silly to post in a club thread if you have no interest in the game whatsoever. But you 100% do not need to be an owner to hang in these threads.

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Scooby never left me wondering, except for not being clear on the Cutler multiball start.
Do I just bash him? There are the footprints with the targets and the horseshoe behind him, but it just started before I had made them all go out or anything

That shouldn’t happen. Each footprint shot you need to hit twice. Then the bash toy lights for MB start

#2113 1 year ago

Yes. Once one goes out, you’re done with that one. When all are out, the bash helmet is all that will be lit.

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's actually called "Phatom Multiball" and it's a new Mystery you and the gang have to solve.

It’s apparently a maladjusted shooter lane switch.

#2136 1 year ago

I think some pinheads literally take in every bit of content whether they like it or not too.

I used to, then it got to be way too much. Was easier when there was one stream, 1 podcast, and one YouTube channel.

#2142 1 year ago

Luke told me it’s most likely a maladjusted shooter lane switch. Try that.

#2164 1 year ago

What troll? I don’t see any trolling.

#2209 1 year ago

Like the start button lock in. Data East love!

#2215 1 year ago

The one I played was fine to the center ramp from either flipper.

It’s definitely NOT like Halloween.

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Upload a video to youtube of butter so we can see it better.

Just imagine perfect artwork with perfect shine. Zero imperfections.

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What about the people who can but don’t want to or refuse to do it?

They pay someone else to do it. If they can find them.

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What about a game under warranty? Same?

No. The manufacturer/distributors take care of that.

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

These forums are toxic.

They aren’t if you use the tools at your disposal. If someone is clearly not contributing to making your experience here an enjoyable one, set them on ignore. Eventually all the bad apples go away.

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Because they're using thinner playfields.

Good to know. I don’t want to replace screws and have them pop through the playfield.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

That's a fair criticism; We do want variety of difficulty across the modes, but I get that nobody wants to be stuck in a frustrating grind for a hard shot. I'll make a note to address that. I think we can introduce other avenues for mode completion in those perks at the left drop banks/vuks I mentioned that will help out in that regard.

Like in the combination lock mode. It took me close to 5 mins to complete that mode and there’s no way I should’ve been able to complete it. I screwed up the combination at least 15 times and it still let me complete it eventually. I think if you get the combination wrong 3-4 times, you should fail that mode.

I also think I’m creeper you should get less time between shots or at least have it be adjustable.

#2431 1 year ago

Use a ball when testing, not your finger. That’s all I got. Maybe the switch in the shooter lane isn’t registering all the time when a ball is sitting there.

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I happen to have a set of pinstadiums with uv flashers on another machine.

Unless it’s the stranger things kit, it’s not real UV.

#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How many in this thread have have been hands on with the game?

Me. I didn’t think it shot clunky. Shots are all relatively easy. The one I played was setup pretty shallow and I plan to up the power of the UP flippers to help with the action up there.

Early early code, so I’m gonna see where things are at at the end of the year when I get mine.

I definitely see it as a more laid back game.

#2564 1 year ago

Yeah what do we call people nowadays? Human units?

If you’re unsure, they is typically okay.

#2567 1 year ago

Was just curious. I’ve seen people get upset on here for saying “he” assuming the one spoken of was male.

Yep. That’s why I try to use they if I don’t know the person personally.

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I do also tend to prefer higher scoring games. I'm not quite sure why. In this case it really came down to text sizing. With the game being a 5-player game that means less space for each player. While the text is adaptive in scaling we were a little worried that it might be harder for some players to read if we added too many zeros to the end of it.

I saw somewhere that a player had a negative score. How is that possible?

Also, will the end of ball bonus bug where it gets added to the wrong player be fixed next update?

#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Can someone please make a mod that covers up the 2 purple cocks?
That is literally the worst plastic design I've ever seen.
Seriously you will have a purchase from me.

I like purple cocks.

#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

spooky_dj might have to chime in more, but I can't think of a way a player could end up with a negative score. Struggling to escape The Creeper does lower your score, but it's more of a joke amount. When you escape or when you shoot any shot that would be worth X10 more. Yes, the end of ball bonus tally while skipping in multiplayer games has been fixed and will be in the next update.

Sweet! Thanks. I don’t know how the negative score happened, just saw a screen shot.

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

My question is why would you be willing to lose $700 on a preorder spot instead of taking delivery and selling as NIB for what it costs?

Because they couldn’t help themselves when ordering before they played it and now want out and don’t care to lose money. Seems silly to me, but so does buying something they weren’t sure they wanted. Haha. Their loss, your gain as they say.

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I hear ya. And yes I have heard/seen how many feel the game is bad.
Hoping to find one I can get to and play when I have more time in my schedule (there is one several hours away but I cannot spare that much time at the moment).
On a side note has any owner added the Back Alley mods yet (yes I know the apron is a preorder) if so how do you like them?

There’s plenty left and lots of preorder spots to buy at a discount. Just get some good time on it and see if you like it or not.

#2686 1 year ago

I have surge protection at my box and via surge protectors off the plug. Everything plugged into Alexa here too. Staggered. 4-5 games turn on at once. Each 4-5 games is on its own dedicated 20 amp circuit.

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can those that have played Scooby comment on how it compares to other games?

With the stop and go it has, feels like stern POTC to me.

#2711 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Too many scoop stops?

And trips up top are either empty trios where you want to go right back up (tortuga), or when you’re up there, you’re there for a while.

And the horseshoes are long, so not as fast as typical horseshoes. TSPP has similar properties of stop and go like scooby too.

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Too many scoop stops?
Within the modes, there’s not much stop/go. I’m comparing to my modern sterns: AIQ, SW, JB…is there really more stop and go than those? Not sure I’m seeing it.

I didn’t mention those games. Only POTC and now TSPP

#2715 1 year ago

Also has the same drops area as itchy and scratchy and also the bus is like the heart chest. Can be a while to get the ball back there.

#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Your club can put Scooby Doo squarely in third place with only 7 more votes. Click on link and vote, but vote however you want.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/
[quoted image]

We know. Enough. Stop.

#2863 1 year ago

Typically assuming typical show hours and being up for play for 3 days, the game will have around 500 plays on it.

#2898 1 year ago

Learning that Captain Culter can just be played over and over? Can we make it so you have to solve a case or play a case to play him again?

#2904 1 year ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

What about making it like mummy multiball in IMD where it gets harder and harder to start? At least that’s how I think it works.

Either way works. Right now, I think it’s the same every time.

#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Can anyone explain how captain cutler multiball lights? I know you have to keep bashing him but what’s the deal with the footprint inserts?

You have to hit all those twice (they will go out). Once all are done, his head lights for multiball start.

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Thanks for the positive review! I nervously plunked down the extra cash for that upgrade. I was questioning my judgement, but feel much better now.

I’ve seen them both, extra shine to the butter for sure, but even the decals look amaze balls.

#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was just talking to someone about porting pinball cabinets to stop glass rattle … I saw in a “playfield up” photo Spooky has made a new base plate for the cabinet woofer.
Can anyone share a pic of that for me to pass on to the guy?
I presume there is no glass rattle as I haven’t seen one person mention it …
Cheers!
rd

I’ve noticed no glass rattle on the couple I’ve played and they were plenty loud.

#3051 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Thank you both
I believe it was trough eject power I had seen recommended to be turned down. That might have been a Stern forum not sure if it relates to Spooky games

I don’t think that’s an issue with spooky games.

#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Got me thinking. Only have really known Pinside in my rookie first and second seasons in this hobby. What other alternative pin sites or forums are out there that are worth looking into?

Pinside is great when you customize it. If you leave it stock, you’re going to run into trolls all day.

#3174 1 year ago

I’m with you on this one! A more affordable just white light version would be nice.

I’ve tried to convince him to make them. He’s not interested.

#3178 1 year ago

That’s a bummer…. I’ll just keep doing what I do if the playfield is a bit dark. Post lights and mirror blades trough lighting and strip lighting at the back of the playfield. It’s a really cheap alternative. Just a little more work

I never play with the room lights off. That helps.

#3186 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Can the Ninja balls from ball baron be used in Scooby?

They can be used in any pinball machine. They just might get magnetized at some point if the game has magnets. Scooby has magnets.

#3471 1 year ago

The decals stern uses are very heavy duty and can take a beating for sure.

#3613 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yeah it seems to be a rather rare and specific set of circumstances. I had it happen to me only once in all the games. The guys are pretty confident they have it sorted so fingers crossed it will be a thing of the past soon. Code is coming we are just testing it ALOT!

Do you guys share bets code with certain owners? Might be helpful to get different kinds of players to help test.

And those that can stream, even better as I know getting the weirdness caught on camera makes it much easier to squash. Hint hint. Haha

#3629 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Has anyone else done the return spring mod on the book case flipper? If so, what's your take on it?

Took me all of 5 seconds of watching that stream to see that it makes the upper playfield action way better.

#3758 1 year ago

Contact spooky first thing Monday and they will get you sorted.

#3900 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

It’s actually the opposite… you are getting better! You are bypassing the secret passage because you are more dialed in to that shot. You need a slow rattling shot for it to drop in the secret passage. There is a magnet back there that will eventually grab the ball and drop it in the passage but it isnt coded yet.

Yes it is. It just grabs the ball at random right now per Spooky. I’m hoping that changes to more purposeful usage in the future. Slow shots should still go around.

And spooky_dj can we get a setting to disable the drop target save?

#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah I am #517 and it’s my wife’s dream theme and cannot wait to get it. At this point I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about getting a fully working game without having to rebuild everything. I don’t want to feel or be like others thinking I have a 10k brick of art sitting in my game room. Very sorry to say any of this as we so badly want the game but every time I see new posts in this thread I know it’s going to be nothing but issues being posted.
Still hoping for the best, fingers crossed.

Part of the process of buying from a small company like this. Just be prepared and do your research and you’ll be fine.

#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nope. Sorry. This excuse doesn't fly amymore. Spooky sold 1750 HW/UM and 1964 Scoobys. They haven't been small in years. Haggis is small.

I knew this going in. So yeah, while having fewer issues is great, I know the risks. Don’t like that excuse, wait until you’re comfortable diving in. Or don’t dive in.

Spooky will always be small to me. Sorry again.

Also. Stern is the only company that I don’t consider small.

#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Did you turn the flipper power up?

Return spring changes the return power. For the bookcase flipper. Upping flipper power won’t affect that.

#4051 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

yeah it would, the flipper has to work harder to flip up by overcoming the stronger spring
might not be noticeable in practice, but the coil is working harder and heating up faster (not that fade would be much of an issue on that upper playfield)

The point is that the added, stronger return springs are not to increase the normal flipper power. It’s to increase the bookcase top power.

#4107 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Our EHOH is from 2019 and I have never been able to resolve the sweking of the 4 gargoyle targets. I've tried to screw them down as tight as possible yet after a few ball hits, they will twist to the left or right and then switch hits lessen. Oddly, I have only ever see a couple of complaints about this, it is like the issue simply doesn't exist for anyone else.

Use blue locktite when you tighten them back down.

#4113 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I printed a post this morning and tested fit on another game. Not sure how it will stand but against hard hits, or if it will rotator left or right when being impacted from the an angle (depending on how tight the original most is tightened down). I would recommend keeping the original rubber installed to give a little more stability from direct impacts. From center to center, it moves the post forward about 11/32.
Would anyone be willing to try the post and give some basic feedback?[quoted image][quoted image]

I guess I’m doing this wrong. Haha

IMG_8890 (resized).jpegIMG_8890 (resized).jpeg
#4166 1 year ago

Are the balls magnetized? Try new balls.

#4180 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Can anyone tell me how to engage the trap door? We had it happen a decent amount after we got it, but I haven't noticed it in a number of games now. I want to test and make sure everything is working ok.

It was random before. Might not be in the code now. Not sure. Hopefully it’s only used in certain, determinable instances going forward.

#4188 1 year ago

Played some more on location last night. The drops on the left were sluggish. Struggled to drop. What’s the remedy for this? Seems they are getting caught somehow and weren’t snappy at all. Hadn’t noticed this on other ones I played because they weren’t coded yet, and I ignored them.

#4296 12 months ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

They are so hard! Haha.

Play culter mb 100 times. Never gets harder to start, and it’s safe.

#4313 12 months ago

Go the Zilla route. Put 3-5 songs there that you can cycle through with the center button to change the song before the MB starts. That was a great add.

#4453 11 months ago

SpookyBug SpookyLuke

Can you guys provide some help on how to remove the cabling safely so the upper playfield can be removed for service?

#4455 11 months ago

Thanks! Looks like I forgot to mark that one a key post before. Done.

#4458 11 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

Wow, that does look like a major pain in the ass for even the experienced pinball homeowner. Are you guys removing the upper PF just for the coil stops or other things that should be addressed while it is out?

Remember people are putting stronger springs on the bookcase flipper too. I would just make sure all screws are tight when it’s off.

#4461 11 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Really? How come?

To give more action on the bookcase flipper. It’s slow and sluggish stock. Some want faster action up there. Personal preference.

#4463 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'll see if I can get a video on the agenda!

Great! It will be really helpful to have that when we go to service or clean the game top to bottom in the future. Would be nice to have best practices documented so we can avoid silly mistakes taking it off and putting it back on.

#4485 11 months ago

That first pic looks right to me.

#4493 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm just planning to put a star post in the bottom hole. That will be a nice middle ground for me. But that looks like a fine solution, too. What size drill bit did you use?

Sure a ball will fit down the inlane with a star post?

#4583 11 months ago

I’m also in favor of being able to stack culter with something else. Maybe get a boost in scoring for culter depending on the stack to make with it?

#4612 11 months ago

Key to have scoring balanced. Hopefully this he multiballs get some attention to help them catch up to the mode scoring.

#4619 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I think it would be cool if they moved cutler multiball to a situation similar to mechsuit multiball in deadpool. Massive points and only possible to hear the cutler song once per game at best.

As long as those shots are well used in other modes throughout the game, I’m all for it.

#4622 11 months ago

Yeah don’t get too crazy with that. While fun on the surface, just turns the mode into a random luck box of flailing.

#4671 11 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Talk to Game of Thrones premium and le owners who have to pull their upper playfield every 300 plays to clean all the dust and crud that comes off the upper flipper mechs flailing about unnecessarily.

I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

#4743 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

A friend of mine says his Halloween is able to restart like that, but I didn't see an option. Maybe it's not coded in yet? Certainly would be nice, I've had more than enough crappy ball 1s.

All a crappy ball one is, is an opportunity to have a massive ball 2.

#4804 11 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Honest question - I had a long game of SD, started several mysteries, etc., and never once got to the upper playfield. What gets the ball up there? Or could it have been a weak VUK somewhere I couldn't see?

Center ramp always feeds the upper playfield. My guess is you didn’t hold the left flipper so that the bookcase diverted the ball to the upper playfield stuff.

#4809 11 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

That's weird - I swear I was doing that every time in anticipation of it showing up at the bookcase flipper. I played the game once before and got to the upper playfield a few times on an average game. It felt like I had a much longer game this time and saw a lot more mystery stuff, but it never went to the bookcase flipper once.

Maybe you were getting rejects and didn’t realize it. It’s just a ramp that goes around the back and feeds the bookcase flipper.

#4816 11 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yeah, it was an on-location pin and now I'm certain it must have been an obstruction preventing the ball getting up there, or getting into the VUK properly (or however it gets to the upper).

It’s just a ramp. No VUK. It’s a smooth fast ramp shot to the bookcase flipper.

#4820 11 months ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Question if this is a ramp in the center leading to upper playfield , how is it I get stuck ball here frequently . Only thing gets ball back is hit tin the flipper's a bunch you can shake it till it tilts, ball stays stuck. Anyone else experience this and if yes how did you correct the issue. Thanks

Look back there. You’ll see there is a plastic cover for most of the way. Need to check that and the balls entire path for any hangup spots and clear them.

#4884 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Reminder to keep checking your standup target mounting screws. Ours keep working their way out consistently with play.

Maybe fill and use a wider screw with lock washer?

3 months later
#7064 8 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I was aware of the magnet but seem to recall hearing or reading, at that time, that they hadn't coded it yet though. I do agree that some shots seemingly just dump into the hole and if a magnet was in use, it was take a moment to stop or hold the ball and then release it. Maybe someone from Spooky can chime in to shed some light on the magnet here.

Last I talked to bug, the magnet was just randomly activating in the horseshoe. They had other plans for it later. Not sure if they have gotten to that part yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 14.95
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.