(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,419 posts
  • 631 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by RussMyers
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#665 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I think concerns are warranted. I hate to be a contrarian to all the excitement. I wouldn't want to someone convincing myself that this was $10,000 well spent just yet. I was glad that the build looked solid as far as I could tell. That's a big hurdle. Now does the code and board stand up? Lots of code improvements is more hopeful that lots of code yet created.

I really don't think any of these pinball machines are 10k well spent, but I'm in.

Also, this is the owner's thread. Not the contrarian thread. Be gone!

#958 1 year ago

Owners thread everyone. Owners thread.

Take all the non owning shit over to the hype thread.

Keep the pics coming. The good and the bad. It's all gotta help.

#1031 1 year ago

Thank you for this link.

It's great seeing a good player flipping the game.

The main music is so slow that it honestly comes off as shooter lane- sitting around waiting for ball launch- kind of music. Hope you guys are open to the idea of changing the tempo a little bit or something.

Captain Cutler multiball song looped 3 times during that multiball. I realize not everyone is gonna keep multiball going that long, but maybe throw in just an instrumental of the song after and in between the vocal version?

When they pulled the mask off Cutler, I so wanted to hear a BLASTED KIDS! or one of those bad guy quips.

Just thinking out loud. I know it's early.

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Fingers crossed not a single issue so far.
Only other quirk is that in multiball or ball save from drain the ball doesn't auto launch. Not a big deal from ball save, but a little annoying to have to keep launching your balls during mystery machine multiball.
I assume this is a code thing and not an issue with the machine. Can others confirm it's not auto launching during multiball from shooter lane.

I'd think to check your shooter lane switch in test. And/or see if there is something in settings regarding auto launch.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

You’ll need about 7’6” clearance with the topper.

Unless you get some tiny legs.

1 week later
#2090 1 year ago

Last 2 posts...

You are not owners. Nobody cares. Take it to the hype thread.

Really don't want to disrespect anyone, but for non owners to keep coming in here with whatever... it's just garbage I have to weed through when I'm looking for useful information regarding the scooby doo I own.

Thanks

#2092 1 year ago

I don't.

There's a bunch of games I don't own, that I've played recently. I'm not running to those owner threads and giving my thoughts.

This game is on release level code. It's awesome hearing from people who own it and are getting some real time on it.

It's lame to hear what someone's take on the game is after playing a game or 2 last week. Totally fucking lame.

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird that pinball has gotten to the point where it's so about ownership that location play is supposed to be gate-kept into some kind of ghetto.
I'm not going to argue about this, you don't like that I took the time to write up my thoughts after playing the game for people asking questions about the game so be it. I think your outrage is misplaced.

You're reading it wrong if you're reading outrage.

I didn't make this the owners thread. I jumped over here from the hype. The hype is still there to post whatever you want. It's like the easiest thing to give some respect to. I'm totally serious that I don't understand why someone who's not an owner, and thinks they never will be, would want to come here and post anything.

If you wanna help the 3 iffy guys who aren't sure about their purchase, why not pm them? You can still help them while you help me.

There's still an active hype thread. Why's it so difficult?

#2099 1 year ago

It's not the content of the post. Wrong place is all.

#2107 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Quick question? If the reviews were 100% positive and raving about the game would you still not want them to post in here?

It doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks of this game. Good or bad. It's purchased and I'm probably not going to be allowed to sell it if I think it sucks. It's not for me. This is a family deal where they don't care about the intricacies of hidden loop shots.

I probably should have posted what I posted after a real troll-ish post made by someone who is not Aurich (who happens to be someone I'm fully aware has done lots of cool shit for this hobby).

I sincerely didn't think this is the place for any Joe Shit the rag man to post whatever. I have no problem being wrong. Apologies for overreacting or coming off as outraged.

Keep the reviews coming.

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Played one on location. Game was fun when it worked otherwise a lot of the same issues people have already reported in the thread.

Dude, one tiny paragraph?

The less you played and understood, the more we want to hear.

3 weeks later
#3346 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Here's our youngest ready for Scooby! Wife got us all shirts to celebrate Scooby arriving
Really hoping the parts AJ has coming get us running! Our 5 year old is going bonkers wanting to play it haha
[quoted image]

Our 5 year old kept smashing the start button last night. Seriously trying to beat my high score. Hilarious.

20230406_133712 (resized).jpg20230406_133712 (resized).jpg
#3349 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Great pics of the kids. Mine are in their 20s but my wife is like a little kid waiting for Scooby.

Wife is out of her mind happy with the game. Had it 2 days and I think she's played more pinball than the last 2 years.

#3359 11 months ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Seems that SD is playable even in darker environment

Yes it does. It's in a temporary spot with hardly any lighting and the playfield is bright as hell.

#3383 11 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Our game shipped earlier this week and yesterday I got a call from R&L and they setup an "appointment" with me for Monday (like a cable installer) between 10a and 4p. But, my question is, how likely are they to actually keep that appointment? I need to arrange helpers, as there is NO way I'm getting a 300lb machine up the entry stairs (only 4) and into the house without help. But, on the other hand I have trouble trusting that appointment is real. Any insights? If the appointment holds 224 will be in my house Monday!!

Delivery window between 11am and 5pm. I saw the tracking change to out for delivery around 9am. I was stop #11 and they arrived around 3:45.

R&L Driver said I could have requested a call letting me know when they were 30 minutes away, and I believe I've done that before.

#3621 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I would love to stream this tomorrow night! Any chance this will drop by then?

Beta stream!

#3767 11 months ago

New code is great.

Only thing keeping our game from perfect are the topper, speaker, lockdown bar lights. They're on at boot up or They're not. Hit or miss.

Lights were fine after the update last night. Won't come on today after 3 boots. Found the led button in the head, turned off the game, powered back on, pressed that led button after boot up. The 2 leftmost leds in the topper came on. That's it. So weird.

What's the procedure for pressing that button? Is there a procedure that seems to work for anyone when those lights aren't on?

Thanks.

#3770 11 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Mine stopped working after the update too. Tried a bunch of stuff, but what finally worked was holding the reset button down, powering up the game and releasing the button once I heard Fred's voice indicating the game was booted. So nice not to just have green anymore.

Thanks so much!

Went down to try. Restarted the game and reached over to hold in the button. Almost immediately the lights came on. Knew I was good, so released the button even though the boot up was just starting.

Thanks again. Very cool.

#3772 11 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:Mine just locks up with the picture of the broken plane on it tried rebooting several times. Tried pushing the reset button. No avail.
Worst NIB experience I have ever had.

Did you get to play any games after you updated to new code, or is it getting locked trying to do the update? Sucks.

#3773 11 months ago

I put some precision flippers on today.

20230415_190120 (resized).jpg20230415_190120 (resized).jpg
#3775 11 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Has anyone noticed shots not registering on back to back shots in black knight mode? The last few times I have got into it, when I hit back to back white shots the second shot doesn’t qualify

I hit a white shot in the upper playfield today that I noticed didn't register.

#3789 11 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

I love the anodized purple. How do these feel on Scooby?

I'm pro Precision flippers and plan on eventually having these on any game that has flipper power adjustments in the service menu.

They feel like I need to turn down the power a bit. I feel like my backhand to the mystery machine was way more consistent today.

Install was longer than when I did my GZ and R&M because I did the keyed shaft/clamps this time. Also have to remove the drop target assembly and the little board over that to get the flipper mechs off.

#3794 11 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Are the lines I'm seeing on Scooby normal when lit up?
[quoted image]

Not sure what lines you're talking about. Here's mine.

20230416_125130 (resized).jpg20230416_125130 (resized).jpg
#3798 11 months ago

Not normal.

#3807 11 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yeah, that looks like print head banding. Mine doesn't have that, BUT.....

.....I noticed mine has lines similar to Pinstym's through Freddy's face and the front of the Mystery Machine.
[quoted image]

Are you talking about the shadows from the wires in the backbox?

#3845 11 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is it normal for the ball to get caught up slightly on the upper right flipper if its rolling past? I have to flip to release so it goes down the wire form.

Nothing gets caught up on mine going from top to bottom anywhere.

#3953 11 months ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Light on topper and the action button went out… anyone know where they are plugged in or where the pic board is ?

I did what Svenop suggested and my lights been cool since.

I just had my best game yet. Almost broke 4M.

20230418_203847 (resized).jpg20230418_203847 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230418-203815_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230418-203815_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4040 11 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I will do that, thanks for the suggestion. Legs already at max to hit 7 degrees. I'm going to look back through the thread to see what the spring mod entails.

Slapdrain posted about the spring mod.

#4043 11 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

When is the shaker used,I have not felt a single rumble?

I have only felt the shaker when I'm about to run out of time in a mode.

#4239 11 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Mine stopped working after the update too. Tried a bunch of stuff, but what finally worked was holding the reset button down, powering up the game and releasing the button once I heard Fred's voice indicating the game was booted. So nice not to just have green anymore.

#4342 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One suggestion. Should be able to switch the music. More main Scooby Doo where are you
And the only issue I’ve had is at the end of a game I get a high score and it pops in AAA before I have a chance to drop in initials sometimes.
Great game guys!

Maybe your lockdown bar button is getting stuck sometimes? Or whatever other button can be used to enter initials.

#4345 11 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine is really sensitive. If I hit it once, all three letters register. I bet this is the issue.

There's gotta be a switch to adjust. I never really looked at mine.

Never mind. Glad you figured it out.

#4374 11 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I keep seeing “wife’s game”. I feel like this was used as justification for some to spend the money. “Babe I love you….I’m buying you a nice pin….yup. It’s YOURS”.

She doesn't even want me to play it. Doesn't want my scores on it.

I need an option to hide my scores after entering initials. Can only see the REAL scores in attract mode by holding certain buttons for 5 seconds or something. Hilarious.

#4421 11 months ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Can someone smarter than me please elaborate on the super secret skill shot?

The way Bug explained it last night was plunge the ball to right flipper, then shatz it to the left return lane. If it goes up the left return lane and hits that drop target, you get the super secret skill shot.

Shatz =

#4424 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Skill shot I believe is worth 10k, is super secret worth more or just bragging points?

It's worth more. I'd have to take the glass off to tell you how much more.

#4484 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Be nice if spooky could do this on next batch of playfields maybe.

You can't drill your own crooked hole?

#4488 11 months ago

I'm just funnin' with you. Hilarious. I did notice the straight pilot hole.

I still have mine set down to brutal position. Want to move it up to never drain out position, but just can't do it.

#4748 10 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

A friend of mine says his Halloween is able to restart like that, but I didn't see an option. Maybe it's not coded in yet? Certainly would be nice, I've had more than enough crappy ball 1s.

Need to have restart when the 5 year old presses start four or five times. Especially when the game takes so long to boot.

#4792 10 months ago

Never mind!

1 week later
#5067 10 months ago

Installed the new LED board. I never really paid attention to the topper or speaker lights, but it definitely seems like more is going on.

Did the speaker lights ever spin in circles with different colors at the same time?

Seems like a cool sweeping motion on the topper too.

#5167 10 months ago

Broke 10M for the first time tonight.

20230519_205811 (resized).jpg20230519_205811 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5330 10 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok thanks that’s what I was thinking too .. that said I shall wait for official confirmation I guess .
That said if it’s not they will have a lot of issues with people making mistakes haha !

I hadn't upgraded to the latest code when I reached out to scooby about a possible bug. I was told, "I would highly suggest updating code ASAP. There are some optimization with the coil settings that might save you (and us) some troubles."

So that right there, I wouldn't go back.

#5334 10 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

I just want it go back to what’s the latest on the web

Got it. Hopefully they get back to you.

#5346 10 months ago

I found the LIONMAN Easter egg in attract mode. Not sure if that's been posted already.

1 week later
#5480 9 months ago

Cool update.

We had a thing today where my wife played a one player game that ended with her needing to only hit Cutler's helmet 1 more time to start Cutler multiball.

Next game I played a one player game. My game started with me only needing to hit Cutler's helmet that one time. I did and started multiball right away.

#5511 9 months ago

I've been playing the game for 2 months now. Just had my first two ball launches that didn't make it/weren't perfect during games right after the update.

Only twice out of at least 20 games since updating, but weird.

Also seems like I'm not getting the character lanes lit for skill shot my first game or two after boot up. Drops still lit for skill shot though.

#5554 9 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

In the latest code is there more to starting Captain Cutler MB than just bashing CC on the upper PF to qualify it?

Your first cc mb should be the same as always (except there is a bug right now that carries progress from game to game).

After that, "Shots to qualify cutler MB increases by 2 shots per body part each time the mode is started." - Info from the spooky game support page.

#5575 9 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Manually move the auto launch and make sure it’s not hitting the shooter lane switch at the end of the playfield. Mine could touch and over time started making the switch itself bind and lift, pushing on the ball itself, which resulted in the ball not launching cleanly.

I will need to check this out, as my auto plunge went weak as hell after 2 months of perfect.

What ended up working (so far) for me was to increase the launch pulse power. I did it one number at a time, with it seemingly getting worse each time up to power #84. I then rebooted the game and the launch is as fantastic as it was since before the last update.

3 perfect games after the reboot last night. Only got 2 games in today and it was still great.

Before the reboot, it was like 5 or 6 tries and it still couldn't launch the ball. That was why I turned it off. It's not like I turned the game off on purpose to see if a reboot would fix anything. But it did.

Edit. I also changed my flippers to boost in the menu when I changed the launch pulse power.

#5656 9 months ago

I just got captain cutler twice in one game.

I've had my game on since around noon. Not one game have I had the character lanes lit for skill shot at any ball start. Drops still lit for skill shot always.

Sup?

#5658 9 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Have you used your flipper buttons to cycle to different the different skill shots before launching?

OMG, I'm an idiot.

And I just got cutler on my first ball after getting it twice in the last game I played. So that's working cool here.

1 week later
#5821 9 months ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Trying to figure out when to go on vacation . Has anyone received a Butter cab past 305? Trying to get idea of how many Butter cabs between 305 and 383.

Dude, go on vacation when you want. Just tell Spooky to hold on to it if you happen to be away when it's ready.

#5867 9 months ago

The van inserts at the spinners. Now mine seem to both be green or flash green all the time. I believe that until this last update, the van insert would only flash green at the Mystery Machine if the lock was lit.

Is this the same for everyone else?

What is positive about having them both flash green all the time?

Seems harder to tell when the lock is lit. What am I missing if that's not the case? Does anyone have an explanation of the new behavior?

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#6210 8 months ago

Took a slow motion vid of my auto launch. Would be cool if anyone understands the problem after watching it.

First started having issues after the update that gave us the Velma mode. Changed some settings and it worked great until this last update. Immediately after updating it would launch too weak first attempt, but then launch perfectly the next attempt for the first few games, but it's been unplayable since the first power down after the update.

Ball looks centered on the forks. I guess the only thing I'm thinking I should have tried before posting is turning the launch power down.

Thanks.

#6212 8 months ago

Thank you. Will mess around with it tonight after work.

Someone from Spooky did tell me about bending the forks on the mech back after the Velma update, but then my launches were perfect after changing the settings a bit, so I left that alone.

I can see ball wear starting at the end of the left rail, so it's definitely hitting it.

#6230 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Thank you. Will mess around with it tonight after work.
Someone from Spooky did tell me about bending the forks on the mech back after the Velma update, but then my launches were perfect after changing the settings a bit, so I left that alone.
I can see ball wear starting at the end of the left rail, so it's definitely hitting it.

I failed with the bending of the forks last night. Only had like 10 minutes to mess with it and I guess I really didn't bend anything enough to help with a successful ball launch.

Tonight I decided to loosen the the screws of the launch mech and push on it as I tightened it back up. I pushed so that if it were to work, the forks would push the ball more to the right and away from the wood rail on the left.

Didn't feel like it moved, but it actually worked. Played 5 games so far with zero issues. Had my third best game somewhere in there.

#6291 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, I feel like a dumbass, but can anyone explain to me what is going on with the 2 Phantom inserts for the L and R inlanes, and the Skull insert for the R outlane?
I am just clueless here.
RussM[quoted image]

Right now the skull insert is a ball save the third time it gets activated during a game. I do not think the phantom inserts are coded for anything yet.

#6295 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, how does the skull insert get activated?
Does it go steady red? Flashing red?
It's behavior just seems random.
RM

I'd have to pay attention next time I play, or take the glass off. I'm thinking it lights up first roll over and then flashes 2nd roll over. Maybe a faster flash when it's ready to save? Not really sure. Not too many ball saves from that when I'm playing.

I just moved the left outpost up to easy, and I'm glad I got to figure out the ruh roh outlane thing before I did that, as it seems I'll never see that ball save again.

#6396 8 months ago

We just played the most enjoyable bunch of games. Great update.

1 week later
#6567 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

The lower left and right flippers - both of them seem to get knocked down by balls fairly easily when I am holding them up, far more easily than I am used to with Stern or B/W flippers (or my Ultraman).
Coil power is set to 100% for both Kick and Hold for both lower flippers.
Anyone else see this? Advice?
RussM

I've got my flippers set on boost and they feel great.

#6658 8 months ago
Quoted from taz:

The spinners aren't bad, but that left orbit to try and get to Daphne mode is a killer. I tried to hit it for a couple of games to try and get to her new mode and I looked like an idiot flailing around. On the other hand, getting to Fred is a piece of cake. I need to try harder.

I find the left orbit extremely easy to hit... when I'm shooting for the left spinner or the drop targets.

#6761 7 months ago

During multiball 2 balls drain while the ball save is flashing. First saved ball gets ejected to the shooter lane as the ball save stops flashing. Second saved ball ends up not being saved. Doesn't seem right. Right?

The 3 new songs are great. I guess we lose the original song because the idea is we need to hear those 3 new songs. Why not put the original song back in the mix? Mix the tunes up. Make the 4 songs random. Maybe only change the main song after after each completed or timed out mode?

Just a couple random thoughts.

#6787 7 months ago

I'm not thinking real deep on this one, like not thinking why the drops should or need to reset after multiball or modes or whenever they reset, but how about something with hitting the action button on the lockdown bar to prevent them from resetting. Maybe you earn some way to override them from resetting?

I'm thinking I only want them to reset after I've knocked them all down, or at the start of each ball, but again, not thinking too much about why that'd be a bad thing.

#6884 7 months ago

I was playing Fred's mode and having fun doing the plan thing and then it ended because the bravery meter ran out? Hilarious. What's the sense of the timer in the mode?

I get everything shouldn't be easy, but I'm just wondering because it seems weird. Maybe bravery meter for the villains, and just the normal timers for the characters? Do the 4 character modes in the game all have timers? I know Velma and Fred do. Haven't played Daphne yet and not sure about shaggy.

3 weeks later
#7311 6 months ago
Quoted from beltking:How much money are extra warden boards to buy for backups in case.

If boards they think are good are going into new games and turning out to be bad, why would you want to buy extra boards that they think are good?

#7395 6 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

New code coming?
UPDATE: They confirmed on my Facebook question. Scooby character mode being shown tomorrow.
Bug is drowning in all these playfields we're GIVING AWAY ON STREAM!!!!
Be sure to tune in to our Scooby-Doo Live Stream tomorrow night on Twitch! 7PM Central Time. Don't miss out on the chance to win a Scooby-Doo playfield!!!
https://www.twitch.tv/spookypinball?sr=a

Friendly reminder about this. I just saw a picture of them updating new code on a Scooby.

#7399 6 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Any word on what’s in the code update? I know scooby mode should be in there, but anything else?

They added some menu adjustments as well. The original game music is back and used in the Scooby mode.

Also, don't try to win anything if you're using a PS4/controller in Twitch chat. Hilarious.

#7535 6 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

(...and if it hasn't been considered/implemented yet, consider disabling the bookcase flipper at times so you can't live in the upper PF forever.)

I've had the game 5 months and never felt like the bookcase flipper needed to be disabled.

I guess if you're skilled enough to start Cutler MB every time you go up there without draining, then hell yeah, turn it off. But trying to start MB is the only reason why you'd wanna spend any considerable amount of time up there, and if you're not good enough to start MB every time you go up there, you're definitely not good enough to keep it from draining. Plus there are times when it's useless to even be up there when all shots are deactivated.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's had the game a while who feels the bookcase flipper should be deactivated and when they feel it should happen. Would also like to hear if you still feel this way after owning it a while and learning the rules.

#7542 6 months ago
Quoted from Arcdeeth:

I ordered my Scooby Doo BSE back in December 2022. I’m number 1804. Hoping my time gets here soon enough. I haven’t gotten a chance to play one locally yet but from what I’ve seen it looks great!
I’ve already made room for it in the game room. [quoted image]

I see enough room for at least 5 more pins.

4 weeks later
#7873 5 months ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

What’s involved in having a “full playfield scan”?

Scanning the full playfield.

2 weeks later
#8001 5 months ago

I feel like I'll never complete all character/ mystery modes in a single game, so I'm not worried about any wizard modes right now unless they make a way to play them by themselves as an option.

I'm looking for some non impossible ways to get an extra ball or two, grace periods on ball drains and mode shots, and making sure there are no code bugs.

Enjoying the game as is.

1 week later
#8212 4 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Your post seems to imply it improved but not fully solved?

Correct. Instead of a hissssss, it is now just a hisss.

1 month later
#8832 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yeah, that is ridiculous. This has to be a hardware issue. It's going to take some effort on Spooky's part to track this down.
Very frustrating.
RM

Didn't someone on here have wonky stuff going on and there was a loose screw stuck somewhere causing chaos? Totally sucks.

4 weeks later
#9751 81 days ago

Spooky wasn't clear.
Matrix was confusing.
But still paid 10k.
Be annoyed and upset with yourself.

1 month later
#10685 41 days ago
Quoted from Arcdeeth:

We had a fun evening setting up our SD BSE. I’m happy to say we currently do not have any issues to report. I have to admit, the black metal flake powder coat looks amazing! It looks superb on the habbit trails as well. The color changing speaker grills are a nice touch too! We are very happy with our SD.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic.

1 week later
#10777 30 days ago
Quoted from Jammer55826:

I feel like that at times too and occasionally struggle to start a character mode, but if the targets always stayed down, it would make it much more difficult to keep getting additional Scooby Snacks and upping the bonus multiplier.
Rather than keeping them down, I would rather see an additional way to start character modes.

Or, program the game to understand you would have hit at least 1 drop target to help with the Scooby Snacks (even though they're all down) when the ball drops in the vuk behind the drops.

The drops resetting as often as they do now is a huge let down.

2 weeks later
#11135 13 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:There's a bit more complicated answer, that has to do with the nonlinear nature of volume perception and human hearing. The game does account for that, but the simple answer is that you can get much more fine control with your volume buttons if you turn the main volume down on your amp. It makes sense if you think about it. If you cut a 16" pizza into 8-slices they are bigger then when you cut a 8" pizza into 8-slices.
Here are the approximate settings on my personal game:
Volume: 50%
Base: 20%
Treble: 80%
Crossover: 10%
Subwoofer: 10%
PS: We'll reduce the frequency of Mystery Awards in a "b" patch shortly. Going to stick with Scooby Snacks, it's on the rules card, but we'll increase the boost so the first will be easy; but the subsequent snacks needed will be increased +3 per award instead of +1 per award.

Just don't go too crazy. Then they'll be 7 more people complaining they never get a mystery award.

I get mystery awards frequently on my Metallica and R&M. Never bothered me. Never thought a mystery award was anything real special either... Unless it was a card stamp in R&M.

Hope you find a cool balance. I'd hate to see something else become impossible to get because a few people think it's too easy.

#11155 13 days ago

I just had a 430 million game. 2 extra balls. Was playing the last villain when I drained. Long game. I counted 7 mystery awards. Didn't feel excessive at all. Canceled out the video with the flipper buttons and kept it moving.

I think this was the first time I unmasked the knight. Maybe I don't hate that mode so much anymore.

Awesome update.

#11198 12 days ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Great, been holding off ordering online to purchase a topper at the tpf and save money on shipping and guess what? No toppers. Spooky didn’t bring them to the show because of complaints. Thank guys.

Maybe we all should have held off ordering so we could get it cheaper at a show.

#11200 12 days ago
Quoted from taz:

I agree with the poster: #keepthemysteryawardsasis
I love the new code and my game finally feels like it's opened up similar to the rest of my collection, so many thanks to Spooky! Now, a sad confession. I don't think I've ever made Captain Cutler Multiball. I know that I have a bad magnet on the upper playfield which I haven't had time to replace yet, so maybe that's it. But I've bashed the helmet, the two targets, and the two pathways to death. What maneuver am I missing?

Hit all the flashing stuff. The last shot to the helmet starts multiball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstym.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=pinstym and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.