(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,675 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3592 1 year ago

Has Spooky hinted at any code updates??

#3818 1 year ago

So does Scooby have a rules map yet? Is there an ultimate goal of this game? I'm "back" in the club re: preorder, so I've been following everything closely about the progression of the rules of this game. I haven't found much in the way of rules map or progression through the game.

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

Right now there's not any wizard modes or ultimate endgame implemented, although based on the game there's going to be 3 wizard modes. There are two main progression courses but only one is currently in the game.
5 character modes qualified by 3 shots each in a character lane (Currently not implemented) finishing all 5 leads to "Gang's All Here" wizard mode.
7 mysteries currently started by shooting clue shots (number depends on how many cases you've done) each mode has unique rules. All the modes end by shooting the Mystery Machine and "Unmasking" the villain. Leads to the "Would Have Gotten Away With it" wizard mode. (Not implemented yet)
Charlie the Robot- Roving shot, shooting a lane that isn't the shot removes that from the roving.
Captain Cutler- Shoot the bash toy to build up oxygen and then shoot main shots to complete.
Miner 49er- Shoot four shots in a particular order green shot is correct and lit by shooting targets.
Space Kook- Hit the spinners to briefly light other shots. Hit those shots to complete mode.
Creeper- Hit character shots to keep the Creeper away, if he catches you mash the action button to continue.
Black Knight- Hit red shots to collect paint and spread it to all the white shots to complete the mode.
Zombie- Combo left side shot and right side shot until you've hit all six main shots.
Presumably finishing all of that will lead to the "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?" wizard mode.
There's also currently 3 multi-ball modes. I don't think they lead to anything except points.
Captain Cutler which is started by shooting the bash toy on the upper playfield on all three of its targets.
Mystery Machine Multiball which is started by hitting the spinners to fill the gas tank and locking a ball at each 1/3. It has the only extra ball as a reward for a Super Jackpot.
Scooby Snack Multiball which is started by collecting Scooby Snacks (4 default) and locking a ball on either Apron lock (One is behind the drop targets) and one is off the middle shot on the upper playfield. Then collecting more Scooby Snacks and locking the second ball. This one is stackable and stealable in multi player.

Thank you for this!

It sounds like there is framework for a really great game rules wise. I hope Spooky delivers. I’m going to guess that they haven’t come out and discussed a roadmap or anything, right?

#3863 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I find it awfully hard to believe you have gotten no response from Spooky over email or phone call. My bullshit detector is going nuts on this one...

Unless they've been on a heavy show circuit and are still playing catch-up? Just thinking out loud.

Also, it's surprising to hear about an auto launcher being so problematic. That's a mech that's been around for a bit.

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:

Mine is 567. Hope they figure this out, or I feel it's a big loss for everyone! Spooky let's go!

I want to believe that Spooky and the team will do the right thing and work through all the issues with build quality and code.

What's more scary is that this isn't their first rodeo. I know, "building pinball machines is hard". But we're on unique game 7 (if you don't count Jetsons and Domino's and consider Halloween and Ultraman as one), so you'd think that some of these issues would be trivial.

That said, they seem to be responsive and are trying to make it right. Fingers crossed that they get this together.

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nope. Sorry. This excuse doesn't fly amymore. Spooky sold 1750 HW/UM and 1964 Scoobys. They haven't been small in years. Haggis is small.

Per my earlier post in this thread, I agree.

Just because they aren't Stern or JJP doesn't mean they're small. They've produced 7 unique games now. The issues that Spooky games have seem unique to them as a company, not to being "new" to the game.

#3928 1 year ago

Is the standard play field lighting enough, or do I need to look into Pinstadiums?

#3958 1 year ago

Thanks for the info on the Pinstadiums. I'll hold off until my game eventually shows up before deciding.

#3960 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

It looks really difficult to move due to a board underneath. I'd like to hear if anyone has bright ideas on how to do this without too much work.

I've seen some folks use Star Posts at outlanes on other games. Would that work here?

#3982 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

For a "medium" adjustment, you may be able to put a star post in the lower hole position. That might hit the sweet spot. Maybe....

Yup. I believe this is what I've seen people doing with other games.

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Again lube that upper playfield up with your choice I used plexus which I use anywhere I need maximum anti friction and I bought that little tool that can assist you in the spring mod those two changes along with rear legs at max really opened up the fun factor by a lot.

I’ve still got some time until mine comes…But what is the spring mod you speak of?

And side art protectors seem smart. Where can I buy those?

#4149 1 year ago

What is MOSFET???

#4177 1 year ago

It never ceases to amaze me how gorgeous this game looks in these pictures y'all post. Excited to see mine in person later this year.

#4264 1 year ago

Is everyone having at least some issue with their game? Anyone get there's and have it playing with no problems at all yet??

I'm in the late 700's, so I'm hopeful that games in that timeframe are a bit less doom and gloom than the past many pages have been.

#4298 1 year ago

Awesome to hear that it's not too bad. It super sucks for those stuck with games needing constant service and tweaks.

Excited nonetheless since Spooky is clearly doing their best to help those with issues.

#4318 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Sorta curious where the threshold is of "hey sorry, we messed up and need to swap out your machine' on spooky's end? I'm certain they're just as bummed as we are about the people having issues...but it does make you wonder if whats happening is QC or shipping related. I just imagine something of this size getting unreasonably jostled on it's journey to the owner. Maybe a more comprehensive 'before you turn on your machine check these points' setup list would be helpful?
You got this Spooky...hoping for the best here on 398!

A board or two needs replaced? Seems fine.

Multiple boards, multiple times, with new issues popping up after each swap? That seems like a, "We fucked something up" sort of thing.

It seems like there are a lot of small mech related issues, too. I think Spooky needs to issue a real manual and let the community do it's thing (there are some crazy smart people here) as well as issue a service bulletin regarding issues and fixes.

#4491 12 months ago

I'm just planning to put a star post in the bottom hole. That will be a nice middle ground for me. But that looks like a fine solution, too. What size drill bit did you use?

#4498 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure a ball will fit down the inlane with a star post?

No, actually. That's a super valid concern that I didn't think about.

Guess I'll consider that third hole!

#4555 12 months ago

I'm curious if there's a primary culprit for most of the failures and issues? Is there a specific hub in the machine that is just not talking to certain parts or boards appropriately causing so many problems?

#4678 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just venting, but I'm ready to sell this damn thing due to left outlane drains because of the drop targets. Serious design issue. And for Gods sake, stop it with "shoot the mystery machine" already!

Curious if there's a software fix for this problem. I've seen the problem mentioned a few times...Don't have my game yet, so I don't quite know what the issue is and how it manifests. Is it simply that the ball rolls off the lowest most open drop target and dribbles down the outlane??

1 week later
#4964 11 months ago

I've been away for a few days, and checking in on this thread is really disheartening.

Spooky needs to slow the fuck down and fix these issues. There is no excuse other than "We really need the money" to not pump the breaks and figure out how they're nearing 25% of the games being out or on the line and still being delivered with sloppy ass soldering, DOA games (that they apparently fully QA/QC tested and approved), and poorly assembled components and games. Just really inexcusable for ANY company, but these guys in particular since it seems like there low-key burying their heads in the sand at the moment.

Still have my late 700 preorder, but I am losing faith after the past few days of issues I've seen here and elsewhere.

E: That said, if we hit 700-725 and the issues are still this rampant, I'm dumping my spot for cheap and using those funds towards something else.

#4988 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I'd like people to keep this in mind, people complain when Spooky doesn't build them fast enough, then people complain when they build them too fast and have QC issues. Which one do you want? Can't be both... From what I've read and seen, I'd say they're going too fast with an inconsistent process that's allowing these issues to consistently creep up but that's only a guess since I'm not there in Wisconsin personally observing the process from start to finish. But that's the only logical explanation for the game with two boards of the same kind in it. Also, any blade connectors should never be directly soldered, ever. That's why you have male and female connector parts for that type of connection.
Confirmation bias is a bitch...
None of what I've seen would discourage me from buying another Spooky pin so if any of you want to offload your CE spot for free and I'll just pay the remaining balance on shipping hit me up... I doubt I'll find any takers... LOL

I think anyone still around at this point would be happy to wait a few months for a game that works without basic bitch QAQC problems. Just my guess.

#5026 11 months ago

It's interesting. There are games with issues, of course. Big ones even. But a lot of the Scooby issues are raw QAQC issues. Soldering messes, out of box shorts, poor assembly? That's not the same as a faulty mech or a faulty board. That's someone with not enough training or not enough oversight.

When I was helping develop stronger QAQC and tracking in a metal fab shop, if we had ONE issue, we isolated immediately. We identified the problem and corrected it. We also designed and built a rigorous training and onboarding procedure. If someone didn't pass that pre-qualification process, they weren't put on a production line. Plain and simple.

Spooky needs to shift mentality from small manufacturing.

#5029 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Ummm, no... An error is an error. Based on your manufacturing QA experience, you probably have some Six Sigma exposure which would reinforce that... I'll give you, it feels frustrating that Spooky issues "feel" more easily corrected, but saying one issue is more severe than any other isn't accurate when the net result is a consumer that can't enjoy the product. Why is sloppy soldering any different than a chronically failing node board or a disintegrating playfield?

It's very easy to fix a process.

Once you get into supply related issues, it becomes a bit more complex. I don't know their testing procedures for boards, so it could be a faulty test procedure. Or a faculty training procedure to perform required tests. I don't know.

My experience is with large metal plate structures with a number of subassemblies and assemblies. I'm not pretending to understand the full scope of Spooky's manufacturing process, but I just imagine the scope of the issue is a bit different.

#5044 11 months ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Morale of the story, if it takes a little while to get the machine up and running properly, I'm good with that. Fortunately, this is just a cool toy and isn't going to kill me. Again, thank you again to Bug and all I appreciate the support!!!!!

Nobody is dunking on Spooky being great customer support or great help. We're dunking on their VERY questionable QA/QC process.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 79.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=nicoga3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.