(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,648 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by Danzig
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookyluke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 1 year ago

Bug and I are going to swing up in a couple hours and hang out. Hope to catch some of you guys there!

#105 1 year ago

Hey guys quick tip. You will want a 7-7.2 degree pitch on this game when you set it up. Has some really nice speed and flow there.

#108 1 year ago

I'm actually really glad he took this video because it highlights those 3 outlane drains. I know some people were worried about the game being to easy or super long ball times. In our video we had outlanes at the most closed position and ball save on medium difficulty. In this position its fun because it's a super approachable game even for the family. However you move those outlane posts to the more open position and set your ball save difficulty to harder and your going to have a much more challenging game on your hands. I think it's really going to cater to a wide range of players in a huge way. Very balanced and fun.

#145 1 year ago

We did not include any butter cabinets in the first batch up on the line however we have 60+ in stock and will be putting 7 up on the line each day this week so they will be coming.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Just checking on the early butters. Without bothering you guys. Wink wink
Magicchiz

All good! I should have mentioned this sooner.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

Wow. Did I work at spooky and somehow not remember? Because that looks a lot like my quality of soldering, not something I would expect to see on a
machine that costs $10k

I totally understand guys it's not good. I already spoke with the employee who soldered them and checked his other work. It's not a representation of his overall work quality. All good

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

SpookyLuke Thanks for for quick reply. I'm glad to hear that the issue was addressed. Might also want to review QC procedures /process for games going out the door??
That said, this isn't scaring be off. I kid about my soldering skills but I can likely fix most minor things like a screw or a solder joint, I just wouldn't be super happy about it.

I've been on about a 3 month tear reviewing quality here from the ground up to the top! From improving checklists to individually reviewing employees and just helping everyone learn every day. Unfortunately things like this still slip by sometimes which is extremely frustrating. We have some really good guys on final QC they will get there!

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Okay, I’m gonna make a complaint on principal.
First off: Im a fan of Spooky and love what they’re trying in regards to innovation. I’m very happy with our ACNC and HW, and we’re looking forward to receiving our Scooby. I also agree with most of the strategic directions they’ve evidently taken with the company (of course I can only comment on what I’ve observed; sure there’s much more going on that is not-so-evident).
BUT…minor complaint…I’m “irked” by the new approach to invoice for full payment before they start building your game. It’s not so much about giving up the remaining $9k 30 days early. I really don’t care about that. …I’m going to argue that it’s a matter of principal. You pay balance upon delivery; not at start of manufacture. We’ve already paid a deposit as a down payment. That should be enough until delivery. I buy and sell in industry where equipment is “build to order”. No way either as a buyer or seller would we agree (or get away with) full payment before the equipment is built. I can’t think of any other consumer goods where this is the case (I’m sure there are some…but it’s not common).
Anyway…rant over. I hope Spooky reconsiders this policy before their next release. This is the first strategic decision I’ve seen from them that has been a disappointment to me.
On positive note…Scooby is looking incredible….and HW code update is also looking good. Anxiously awaiting both. Keep up the good work!!!

It really has nothing to do with money for us it's simply space. When we send an invoice we don't know if the customer is going to pay it in a day or a month or 2 months. We try to have enough billed in advance so that as soon as the game is in a box it can be put directly on a truck and sent out. Even doing this we almost always have 100 games sitting around during full production. If we don't send an invoice until the game is boxed up then it could sit there for a month or 2 or who knows. Overseas shipments go in a container this means we have to store and load the entire containers at once. 36 per container. During the peak of Halloween ultraman we would almost always have 200+ games backed up in the shop waiting for shipping. Waiting for payment, waiting for a distro to organize shipping, waiting for customers to pay there distro, waiting for a container to europe, a container to Australia etc. I'm not sure if you are familiar with how much space 200 games takes up but it's more than we physically have currently. We even rent some extra space from a nieghbor to make room for an extra 50. Much of our square footage is also used in inventory of parts and materials. We have to stock absurd amounts of inventory to make sure we don't run out with the way supply chain is these days. Often certain things like PCs we keep over a year worth in stock to be safe. Hundreds of pinball cabinets and literally 20 ft tall stacks of amps, speakers, power supplies, coin doors etc. Anyway I'm rambling but I hope this offers some view into the fact that these policy exist so that we can do a good job for everybody.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Okay, I’m gonna make a complaint on principal.
First off: Im a fan of Spooky and love what they’re trying in regards to innovation. I’m very happy with our ACNC and HW, and we’re looking forward to receiving our Scooby. I also agree with most of the strategic directions they’ve evidently taken with the company (of course I can only comment on what I’ve observed; sure there’s much more going on that is not-so-evident).
BUT…minor complaint…I’m “irked” by the new approach to invoice for full payment before they start building your game. It’s not so much about giving up the remaining $9k 30 days early. I really don’t care about that. …I’m going to argue that it’s a matter of principal. You pay balance upon delivery; not at start of manufacture. We’ve already paid a deposit as a down payment. That should be enough until delivery. I buy and sell in industry where equipment is “build to order”. No way either as a buyer or seller would we agree (or get away with) full payment before the equipment is built. I can’t think of any other consumer goods where this is the case (I’m sure there are some…but it’s not common).
Anyway…rant over. I hope Spooky reconsiders this policy before their next release. This is the first strategic decision I’ve seen from them that has been a disappointment to me.
On positive note…Scooby is looking incredible….and HW code update is also looking good. Anxiously awaiting both. Keep up the good work!!!

Also want to say that I appreciate your support over the years and I hope you love your Scooby!

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I actually like this explanation a lot. Since I don’t really care that much about the extra ?30? Days or whatever, I’ll support with this reason.
I know the pain of customers not picking up their equipment. We sell often with FCA point of manufacture incoterms. That means our customers are responsible for arranging pickup. Many international customers (especially when their projects are behind schedule and they’re not ready) will delay, delay, delay as much as possible for ‘free storage’. I did assume that in this hobby, buyers were extremely anxious to get their games and you didn’t have this problem. Guess that’s not always the case.

Totally understand and honestly I would question the same exact thing. Just figured I would give an explanation for everyone. Maybe someday we can get enough floor space for all this pinball stuff lol.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The default from the factory should really be the middle position on this game. (Spooky if you're listening)

We are doing that now! Default is set to the lower center position. Also the code is pretty heavy on ball saves right now we will be implementing a "hard" difficulty level to alleviate that. As for the coil stop bolts we were able to find the issue 19 games in (that's why we do an early 50 list so we can locate and correct these things before they reach homes as much as possible). Overall super happy with how things are going!

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sorry if I missed something specific earlier, but lets say we are in those first 19 games, what is it we are looking for or fixing?

Some of the coil stop bolts weren't tightened down with enough torque. One of those things that never happens then a few come up all the sudden. Caught it fairly quick and corrected.

#613 1 year ago

We will get some locktite on those acorn nuts! No problem and also I would assume the audio issue was just Amp volume turned down manually because we arnt seeing that on our end. Cool to see you guys be able to get your hands on these out in the wild

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Did you guys experience any balls stuck on top of the drop targets and under the wire forms in development? It seems the only way it can get stuck there is if the drop target pops up while the ball is rolling over it we couldn’t figure out how it got stuck. You can fix that with a code adjustment can’t you? The drops can be set to drop if a ball is missing that will fix that problem right away. The wire forms are gorgeous and I definitely don’t want you to redesign those.

We did not. I saw that's quite the sneaky ball trap. Didnt see that one coming. I will check with Dylan and see what we can do to combat that. Appreciate the kind words and that you guys made the trip to check it out!

Quoted from musketd:

How about the long delay on the ball release from
The mystery machine is that a code thing?

I'm not sure what would be going on there. I do not think it would be code related but also can't picture what would physically cause that. I will have to get video or try to recreate on our end. There are definitely still some early code bugs but I think this is by far our most fun, most feature packed, most stable "launch code" we have had. Excited to see how far we can push this thing with being so much farther ahead than normal and having another year or more to continue working on it full time.

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Best thing to do I have a delay on the reset of the drops to make sure the ball has time to clear the area. Also, on ball search, have the drops drop (if they are memory drops), and stay down for a second or two before resetting.

I was thinking require a separate shot in a different area to reset the drop. The drops do not have an auto knockdown coil. Then the only time it could happen is in multiball however you would have to perfectly shoot a ball over the drops and hit the reset with another at the exact same time so it would be much more rare. Also if it happens in multiball you atleast have a fighting chance to knock it out with another ball. Already tossed some ideas over to Dylan!

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Anyone from Spooky, any chance you'll be taking note of these ball trap locations and developing fixes to install on production games before they ship? Game is looking great!
Thanks!

Yep we have already added several! One thing I am guilty of is focusing more on making the game as fun as possible and absolutely loading it with stuff. Sometimes I get carried away and don't pay enough mind to ball traps. Know that its with the best of intentions! I think the fact that the game is so dang good that ball traps are what we are worried about tweaking the most is a great sign!

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I think concerns are warranted. I hate to be a contrarian to all the excitement. I wouldn't want to someone convincing myself that this was $10,000 just yet. I was glad that the build looked solid as far as I could tell. That's a big hurdle. Now does the code and board stand up? Lots of code improvements is more hopeful that lots of code yet created.

I think you should give a game that hasn't been setup extremely difficult a try man. The overall take is pretty contrary to any of the other feedback I've seen from people playing the game. I'm certainly not telling you that you have to like the game or buy it! Just that I think maybe the circumstances you played in were maybe not the best for an impression. What is really great about this game is how well the difficulty is adjustable. Set the outlane posts to the top portion and turn on your ruh roh ball save and center drop ball save and you have a very approachable game even for the family. However many locations are taking the outlane posts out and setting the ball saves all the off completely. Suddenly the game is pretty brutal. The best part is this game caters to BOTH abilities of players and is easily tunable by the owner for his specific taste. The music changes when you enter modes which can be achieved in only 2 shots. This game has some of the most clever rules for modes and more show assets than almost any modern pin. Check out our gameplay stream where Bug walks us through many rules in the game and give the game another shot in a home environment if ya can before you kick it to the curb. I truly don't think your experience was a good representation of how great this game is and I'm not saying that because we made it. I truly feel that way.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

What about the apron locks? Sorry if this was already discussed/asked. I couldn't find anything.

Apron locks will be involving the scooby snack multiball which is first on our agenda to add. Shouldn't be long at all actually. We have a good bit of code already written for it but didn't feel it was stable enough to be added to the launch code yet. Gona clean it up in these next few weeks and have it on the first update for ya! The left VUK area will also be heavily utilized for a number of things as we add features.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So Luke, is the Professional Stream sill gonna happen? Im available as the Dollar Store Steve Ritchey but........Im Expensive!

Yes! I'm thinking maybe it would be fun to do with the first update! I'm sure Jack is more than a little busy right now!

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Spooky can y’all please start making banners for your games? I would love to put an Ultraman and Scooby Doo next to my Stern banners.

Have not got a chance to get into the banners yet but it's on the list. I did however print up a whole bunch of backglass translates from scooby and all of our past titles all the way back to AMH. Ill be bringing them to shows to sell! Reach out to [email protected] if your interested in purchasing any of them she can also ship them right to you.

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Will you be at the Allentown show?

Indeed!

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got Scooby today. Rear upper playfield micro switch is missing the threaded bracket. So need that. And also topper not on, speaker lights not on, launch button light out, start button light out. Had to take LCD display out because there was some black particles in front of the screen. So not a great start.
[quoted image]

Service will be getting in touch with you. I'm sure all the lights are functioning you just need to give a button in the backbox a quick press. I'm not sure which upper playfield switch you are referring to. Sorry about your display panel the final boxing and cleanup crew usually do a very nice job on those.

#783 1 year ago

Scooby is home but can’t play it unfortunately. The green ramp has a bad weld spot. The wire form is not attached onto the ring. It’s pushing the wire form in and the ball is getting stuck unfortunately. I can’t budge it at all. So need a new ramp.
It’s a beautiful game. Only played for a little bit so can’t give any details or impressions. But with what I played it shoots very smooth. The artwork is one of the best I have ever seen. RGB lighting is amazing.
It’s a beast. Shipping weight was 380lbs. So glad it just went right through my front door and right in the front room. The playfield is really heavy. I
Really appreciate the effort and what spooky did for my family and putting out an amazing looking pin. Just can’t wait to play it. So it’s covered up until my wife and daughter, who is getting brain surgery tomorrow, can see it and play it.
Just wish I had pics and video to post and impressions. Just not looking forward to the swap. Looks like I will have to take the upper playfield off to do it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those rods can be spread out super easy man if there is a small tight spot. You do not have to pull your upper playfield at all even to replace the whole thing. I think you need some rest man.

#789 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Did you see the wire is weld is keeping the wire form pushed in. It appears he could cut the weld with a dremel tool and then push the wire form closer to the holding ring. And at least play it ASAP, while he waits for a new wire form.

Yep I caught that but I don't think that's actually where the ball is pinching oddly enough! Those rings have a decent amount of extra space. Regardless absolutely more than happy to replace the wire form and nobody should have to do this on unboxing. Just hate to see him think he can't get the game playing out of the gate when I believe it's an easy bend! The wire is pretty bendable.

#791 1 year ago

Need more than a dremel. It’s a strong weld. And I don’t want metal shaving ms going everywhere.

Is it actually pinching at the ring or farther down where it was pictured? I'm not suggesting you could bend them at the weld. I'm suggesting that you could easily spread the wires farther down where the ball trap is pictured.

#796 1 year ago

I am glad you understand what’s happening. I just can’t easily move the same thing or bend it easily.

I see I thought you were having the hang up where it was located in the picture. My apologies.

#807 1 year ago

Also had to solder the negative wire to the coin reject socket. Also the start button was missing an led. And the launch button led was dead. I don’t want to be that guy but telling me to do something that can’t be done and telling me it’s easy, especially when I provided pics of the weld that is causing the problem.
How am I going to push the wire form in when there is a tack weld that is pushing the wire form in?? It’s clearly a bad weld spot, you can see it in the pic. Even using vice grips on it will not move it. I am an understanding guy l, but kinda being dismissive is kinda crappy.
These things should have been caught at the factory.

All good man. Believe me I am just as frustrated as you are. In no way am I intending to be dismissive. I was just mistaken looking at the photo. I agree that they should have been caught at the factory. My only guess is that maybe the green habitrail was replaced last because it didn't pass visual QC and when the new one was installed it wasn't properly tested. I don't think this is something Bug would miss during playtesting.

#813 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m
Pretty sure if BallyKISS1978 was closer Luke would go to his home and get him going

I would truly drive there now if I could lol. Green habitrail and tools in hand!

#823 1 year ago

I believe the topper and action lights are just a code bug. Dylan is on it.

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Well, there could be a bug doing something for someone, but my little board that feeds those things is f'd from the short harness yanking the crap out of it and breaking things.. I can get things to come on now when I wiggle stuff. I need a new board....and preferably a new harness that's the proper length. Please reach out to me via PM tomorrow so we can get these things taken care of.

I understand I was more broadly answering as I saw a few more comments on it.

#855 1 year ago

We are looking into it today. As all of the other games the harness has been long enough I'm suspecting it's just got extra zip ties eating up slack. I think maybe when an employee was cleaning up the wiring and zip tying it to be tubed up they may have just zip tied wrong hopefully.

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

SpookyLuke - considered starting a troubleshooting thread? Would probably make your job easier and stop this thread getting clogged up with troubleshooting issues?

Ideally people would use our service email or phone number. I guess I don't want to encourage full on pinside tech support. I think mainly people generally just vent frustration with out of the box issues here and once in awhile I can't help but want to lend a hand.

#887 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

I paid within minutes of receiving the invoice.
As spooky stated previously they have butter cabs ready to go for early games, so not sure why my order would be delayed.

I saw them working on final inspecting some direct prints today I'm sure it won't be long

#915 1 year ago

I don't know what to say guys. I am on it I really am. I'm tearing apart the process and diagnosing how these things are getting by. I think we ship alot of really well done games but we need to reach a point where every game is perfect and we know that. We are not leaving anyone hanging and we will get it right. Believe me none of this is taken lightly and it's been front and center in the ship all week.

I think we do a ton of good things right that nobody else does and we also have a few things to work on as a company as does every pinball company. For now try not to write us off as I think we are just coming into our own with our best game ever. We improved immensely in many areas since our previous launch and I think we will continue to improve in these problem areas as well.

#944 1 year ago

Anyone have any insight into this?

The music in this one is really cool. I belive there are already about 10 different custom songs in the game with alot of inspiration from the original tracks. We still have more that are not implemented yet as well that you will see popping up in the character modes and wizard modes as well as the first scheduled addition the scooby snack multiball.

#1001 1 year ago

Absolutely can be added to ball search! Surprised the ball can sit there. No worries easy add.

#1003 1 year ago

I felt it played best at 7 degrees

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Now we’re rockin’. Two good machines in a row. Who’s next? Come let’s hope these are isolated incidents and Spooky gets the line together. I want a Scooby Snack.

I swear we make lots of really nice machines! We really do!

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Fingers crossed not a single issue so far.
Only other quirk is that in multiball or ball save from drain the ball doesn't auto launch. Not a big deal from ball save, but a little annoying to have to keep launching your balls during mystery machine multiball.
I assume this is a code thing and not an issue with the machine. Can others confirm it's not auto launching during multiball from shooter lane.

Try power cycling your game. Sometimes when going in and out of menu you can get odd code bugs that don't normally exist. If that's not it I would say it has to be the shooter lane switch needing a little adjustment. We have a service line that's great for this stuff.

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

I watched the entire stream, watching Karl on Mystery Machine Multi-ball made me feel sleepy, after the Quadruple Jackpot it felt like I was watching wood being chopped, but less entertaining. Point values were extremely low to be in that part of the Multi-ball. Also something needs to be addressed with the music during that mode. It becomes almost an unbearable loop.

To be fair Karl is a champion level player and was setup on a game that had outlanes nearly closed and was set to an easy difficulty in code. So he had stacked a bazillion ball saves etc

#1089 1 year ago

Well figured out the issue with my green habitrail. It’s not the weld spot. I went to disassemble it and I found the issue. I will have to still swap out the habitrail. I will message Bug, Luke, and AJ

Don't replace it right away dude. Bolt the habitrail back down and play your game! We already sent the habitrail you can replace it any time.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Where are the fuses on Scooby? Both upper flippers stopped working after 8 games .

Probably something simple like the leaf switch out of adjustment or a small wire crimp vibrated out of housing. Service will be calling you in a few minutes.

Update: up and running. Easy fix

#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Also, rewatching Carl's stream I noticed his end of ball bonus was given to the next player. That's how Player 1 went from 60k to 7 mil. Definitely a coding bug, but not one that would impact single player mode. You can see this bug at 1:08:33 on the YouTube stream. Wonder if anyone else has seen this on other machines or if this was a one off?

Already fixed!

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Just curious if when someone emails [email protected], do they reply or just send what you need? I emailed that address and never got a response. I was needing a part but entirely possible that they sent the part and just didn’t reply to the address. Just curious.

They would almost always reply. If anyone ever doesn't get a response the best thing to do is call during the week. Usually the email ended up in spam or the service email address was mistyped.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, one other issue this weekend at Pinball Gallery (and I know this has happened to other SD owners):
Ball Stuck on top of Scooby Snack drop targets, wedged under wire ramps
This is REALLY a problem, as these target banks cannot self-drop, so no ball search will release them, have to take the glass off
Shown in pic in Red
I have a possible solution: a clear plastic ball guard, maybe flat, maybe angled, that will deflect a ball away when this happens
Possible mount points are shown in Yellow (note - on the ring of the habitrail, not where the ball travels)
Thoughts?
RussM
[quoted image]

Right now the drop targets come back up automatically allowing this to happen. We are going to change it so that you have to hit the VUK behind the drops for them to reset which will not allow this to happen. No worries

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Could this not still happen in multiball when more than one ball is active on the playfield?
RM

It could indeed however with the need for you to shoot 1 ball in the VUK at the exact same time as you shoot another over top of the drops the odds would be dramatically decreased and I'm betting it would become incredibly rare. To alleviate it completely in multiball my thoughts are we could require a ball to be locked in both apron locks to reset them and get more scooby snacks during multiball. The rules guys will cleanup those ideas and make them work nicely with scoring etc and do the right thing. However there are several solutions available so we will get it taken care of

#1333 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's unfortunate they're not using the pawl that only requires one wrench to tighten because the other side has a cutout that holds it in place. Having to use both a wrench and a hex key in such limited space is a drag. I would hope Spooky rethinks this moving forward. The correct ones for this are widely available.
[quoted image]

We found that the Allen key style is much stronger and more robust. Often that style you showed fails. The ball can be let out from behind the flipper just by simply holding the flipper up. Ballykiss we would be happy to help you via service.

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I actually received it on Friday, but was out of town. The game flips really well and all the shots are makable - although that upper PF knight shot is going to take some practice. I've enjoyed the bookcase flipper and the weird dynamics of it - like being able to shoot off the left side vs the flipper itself.
The modes are really well thought out and varied. I love how the clips, callouts and music are different for each. Completing a mode and unmasking the bad guy(s) is sooooooooo satisfying. I'm drawing a blank trying to think of a comparable game with such satisfying end-of-mode vibes and I can't.
I do like my Ultraman and it's funky fresh Japanese kitsch feel - but it's simply not in the same league as this game. The polish on the code at release is impressive. Sure, it's got some little goofy bugs - but that's to be expected.

We have been fixing bugs every day to! Should have a new public code build soon! First major feature update is in the works as well.

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

will it be possible to get rid of that Ear test tone noise i hear in that video? . That sound is annoying and will drive me more crazy than i already am .

It sounds like it was just a very specific PWM that caused a high pitch noise on some machines. Still testing to make sure everything is 100% rock solid before we release it however Dylan was able to correct the high pitch noise very quickly with code. Nothing to worry about guys. All this stuff gets sorted out and many times is already sorted by the time it comes up!

#1633 1 year ago

Speakers, topper, flipper buttons action button are all RGB. Dylan is working on some ground work stuff to drop all the lights shows in on them!

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

So it IS designed as a vertical wall? Oh la la... in that case it needs a one-way gate in front of the hole.

We had considered a one way gate but have seen slim to no rejects in any testing over the last 18 months. Maybe 1 in 100 type thing. Nor have I had any customers report excessive rejects up until now. I wonder what the heck the variation is on this game.

#1665 1 year ago

The bulk of our play has been 6.8-7.2 degrees which is what I recommend! Good point though maybe the rejects are because the game is set to shallow!?!?

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Alright. Here’s my way too early, honeymoon phase review on the game now that I’ve gotten intimate with it Shoutout to SpookyLuke spooky_dj SpookyBug and team for putting together a phenomenal game. You can feel the passion that went into this one.
I have this game to play in my home. Initially I felt a little slow but you need to set the pitch pretty steep. When the pitch is set properly, this thing rips and flows well. I was able to effectively hit all the shots on the lower playfield which is a fan layout. I enjoyed having the ability to backhand some of the important shots that start and progress modes. Backhanding the mystery machine is easier than a normal shot for me. I love the center ramp either acting as a traditional ramp or a diverter to the upper playfield if you use the book case diverter. The spinners are super smooth and the left spinner on the lower playfield is my favorite shot in the game.
The upper playfield is definitely a change of pace as the ball slows down compared to the rapid horse shows on the lower. The bookcase flipper is really hard to master for the three lanes on the upper right side. You can’t really cradle and do a calculated shot which keeps it challenging and interesting.
The code is early and the game has another multi-ball coming in the next update which will help with the wow factor that multi-ball modes bring. The modes themselves are already well thought out and require interaction and intention. They’re also timed which adds pressure to the game. Pressure in game is something that makes the competitive of it super exciting. I like the paint mode where you dip your brush with certain shots to paint other lanes and then collect clues. Other modes make you refill oxygen and then hit a few shots, then refill again. That sort of creativity in modes really sets this apart for me.
It’s not a simple game by any means and it’s hard for me to get to unmasking on medium difficulty. I’m an above average player but I’m no tournament guy. I think on easy mode with closed lanes this game could be blown up by someone like me and enjoyed by novice players. Open outlanes and hard mode would make ball times very short.
The art on this machine is stunning. I got standard cabinet and am blown away by how it looks. I think that’s where Spooky really shines as a pinball company. The green sparkle powder coat on the legs, lockdown, and speaker panel are great. The topper looks nice but leaves a little to be desired. The lighting is dull which it seems like they were going for but it doesn’t wow me like the rest of the machine does.
Animations and callouts, well, it’s Scooby Doo and they got the OG series for clips and call outs. You get exactly what you’d expect, which I personally love. What more can you ask for than that and good integration with modes?
Overall, I’m loving the game so far and think this game will be incredible as code continues to develop, and music/callouts continue getting added since they said they have over 4,000. I can’t wait to try out the wizard mode once added. If you’re hesitant about this game, don’t freak out. It sounds like there were some bad apples early in production but that wasn’t my experience at all. This one might be bolted to the floor so the kids have a pinball theme they can love.

Appreciate you taking the time to write such a well done and thoughtful review! We have some really cool stuff in store for this thing and I think it's going to be a keeper for alot of people.

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does Spooky put the metal cabinet protectors on their games?

We include both the very nice thick metal protectors and felt protectors with every game

#1704 1 year ago

Watching a whole bunch of butters go in boxes!

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Wow I’m not terribly far behind you and I haven’t even gotten the options email yet

101-150 block are distributor games so reach out to your distributor! Hard to take a picture of a butter cabinet that does it justice. We will bring one to each show we visit.

#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

Can you share where you are currently in production? What #s are currently in the line?
Thanks

By the end of the week roughly 100 games have been boxed up and 56 on the line. I would also like to note I think we have been boxing up some really nice quality games. I am certain there will still be issues but I think we have made dramatic improvements even from a few weeks ago and I think we will continue to improve. When issues do come up I truly believe we react in the best way possible. We take them seriously, we help very promptly whenever possible, and we make the changes we need to make to fix the issue a top priority IMMEDIATELY. Love seeing alot of happy unboxings this last few days!

#1720 1 year ago

Seems they are producing not fully in numeral sequence

We stay as close to it as we can. Butters are in batches so they always are out of place a bit. Distributor games sometimes get out of place to as it takes some time for them to collect payment and then send the money to us etc. The numerical order is the guide we go by though and do try to stick fairly close to it despite the variables.

#1807 1 year ago

This is not a complaint, it's simply an observation from keeping up with the thread. I've noticed many people saying they had to adjust the shooter lane switch and auto plunger. I hope Spooky notices the same thing and makes the necessary adjustments

Agree and absolutely noted

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from F__U:

Hoping someone might help me to experience this. Since it's sat , and spooky is out supporting the pin show down south I'll ask here.
Got scooby set up last night turned it on and no main playfield or sling lights. Also no topper lights. Opened it up and start reseating the light cables. noticed when I unplugged this one the right side of playfield would light up.
When I plugged it back in where it was right side of playfield lights would fade to orange red and go out again. Unplug right side back on again.
Left side of playfield lights never come on along with topper.
Game looks fantastic, and hopefully this will be only hiccup. Played a game anyways and everything else seems to work well but with no lights not sure what to shoot for.
I'll call spooky mon, but til then open to suggestions.
Thanks[quoted image]

Send an email over to service today! I'll shoot him a message and ask him to lend ya a hand!

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Scooby #97 is up and running. Beautiful game. No issues to report! Love the Spooky innovation! (Ok, I know I’ve said it before)
Lots of gameplay and mysteries to figure out…time to enjoy!!!
[quoted image]

I really appreciate you guys making the effort to post a positive report when a game comes out of the box perfect. Most times I think when a game comes out of the box 100% correct you never hear a dang word because people are just happy and playing the game. When you only see the issues it becomes pretty overwhelming for alot of people to see.

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

So I finally gave in and decided to go play a Scooby Doo. There is one about an hour and a half away. To be honest, I had to go play it. After Karl DeAngelo's stream I was having serious second thoughts about Scooby Doo.
So here are my thoughts. The first is the game looks gorgeous as you walk up to it. When you look a little closer there are a few concerns. The first I noticed was the stand up targets are pretty beat up and already had damage on the stickers. One of the stand-ups appears to be partially broken as it is hanging off to the side. Another thing is the lockdown bar was extremely loose. The white inserts for the modes and characters are bland and look unfinished. I think Spooky thought the RBG would overcome this issue of blandness, but it doesn't. I have a similar issue in respect for the 2 three drop target banks. They look bland and unfinished. They could have easily made them colorful like the actual Scooby snacks boxes. Are these huge issues, absolutely not. Just things I observed.
In regards to the lcd screen, I've always had an issue with the font and the way the clue found text looks on the screen. I don't know if I expected It looks poorly Integrated into the screen. I guess I expected them to use the same font they used on the backglass for the game's title. It looks like someone just inserted a text box on the screen, without thought to integrating the font style into the theme.
The scenes before modes are great, not complaints.
Onto the gameplay, which is the most important thing for me. The shots are all pretty easy to hit on the lower playfield. The horseshoe shots are satisfying and return safely to the flippers. The two three drop banks seem pointless at this stage of the code. The two three drop target banks do a good job of guiding the ball to the inlane. The center ramp is easy to hit and the drop target between the flippers prevents frustrating center drains. The spinner shots are ok, I can't place the reason, but they aren't as satisfying as they could be. I think it may be because they have structure over top of them. I like my spinners out in the open to see all their spinning glory. The spinner sound is great and the sling sounds are well integrated.
The upper playfield is different. The Cutler shots are fine, but all the shots off to the right are underwhelming. The ball seems to trickle to the ramps then lazily fall down the wireforms. Maybe the operator turned down the flipper strength. I want reasons to be on the upper playfield that are short in duration. Maybe this is because I don't find the shots satisfying up there. The bookcase flipper is interesting, but it was weak on the Scooby I played so the shots to the right side were very underwhelming. Also I didn't expect the upper playfield to be as big as it is. It's huge.
I played for about 2 hrs, we were the only ones there at Ocelot Brewery. I was able to play most of the modes over the course of the 2 hrs. The Creeper mode seems to be the easiest to complete. It's not always clear to me during the trap phase what to shoot at. One specific callout said to shoot the cemetery, I had zero clue where that shot is on the playfield, nor could I see an insert flashing to tell me the shot. Miner 49er was difficult, I think my best effort was three of the four shots. Space Kook and Captain Cutler are fun. I do wish they could find a way to allow multiball with modes.
The mystery machine multiball took a little time to figure out, but it was fun once I started to get it. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do in Captain Cutler.
I went to play Scooby, because I needed some serious reassurance that my decision to get Scooby was the right decision. I honestly can't say that I feel any better after playing it. The lower playfield shots are satisfying, the upper playfield offsets most of that satisfaction. When I'm bashing Captain Cutler, I want to bash Captain Cutler, not lazily watch the ball gently caress his helmet. At this point I'm still where I was before I played it. Unsure of whether or not to go through with the purchase. I know the code will get better and that will help, I'm just not sure it will be enough.

Sounds like the operator has his game pitched very flat. 7 degrees is recommended

#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I listen/watch Buffalo Pinball too, and while I do really enjoy it, their massive bias against Spooky is really distracting. They even criticise the owners of Spooky games saying they are blind to the issues, and just accept whatever mistakes Spooky make etc... They have their favourites (don't we all), and they just don't seem to give anything else a chance. Don't mean to slag them off too much, I like their content, but you certainly cannot call it impartial. Go back and watch previous episodes where they talk about other Spooky games (eg Halloween) and not only is it negative in the extreme, it sort of borders on nasty. If you compare their stuff to SDTM - I dunno, I think Zach and Greg just seem to be a little more fair in their assessment of games from every manufacturer.
I think the build/quality issues really are totally blown out of proportion - I don't know why. It's been said over and over again, but issues happen with every manufacturer, yet Spooky seems to cop the worst criticism. I have 3 Spookys - ACNC, R&M and Halloween, 2 American Pins, 4 Sterns and 1 PB machine. I really cannot see how my Spooky's are any less well built than my other pins - ALL of which have had issues. I've had 3 Sterns with issues out of the box, my Alien (like many owners lol) had several issues too. Spooky is certainly not unique in having a few problems on new machines.
Ultimately, I'm really glad I took the plunge on games like Halloween. If I had followed what was said on the Buffalo cast and considered it from their take, there's no way I would have ordered it and probably would never have played it. That would have been a huge shame, because personally I think it's brilliant. Everyone who comes over is totally surprised at how good it is, they all expect to be a steaming pile of manure, but it is genuinely a great game. I honestly don't quite get how you can be into pinball and not appreciate it as a different sort of game.
Anyway, I guess I'm saying - just definitely don't base your decision on their view, because it is heavily skewed. You might end up missing out on a game you absolutely love.

Thank you. We see everything and we appreciate you guys.

#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Agreed.
Maybe it’s just me but i actually enjoy podcasts that disagree with my opinions or challenge me to think about something differently. Echo chamber content sucks and caters to the lowest common denominator.
Frankly its all entertainment in the end. People just need to lighten up and not let someone else’s opinions ruin their day.
Everyone in pinball wants the best games at the best value. But it’s impossible for every game to be a home run. And every now and then you get a stinker. Such is life.

We are not seeing or hearing a high rate of surprise multiballs at all. I think maybe the game you are playing has a switch out of adjustment somewhere. I'm sure if you sent a video to us we could help diagnose. We certainly have some code bugs but I do not believe what you see describing is one.

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Spooky Luke are you guys adding a spacer to new built games now to keep plastic from dropping and getting ball stuck issues?

We are indeed! Also going to proto type a bracket to hopefully be able to be put in from the bottom side without needing to remove anything just to help.

#2447 1 year ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

Was "Shannon" that "last minute idea" you guys mentioned in the Pinball Show podcast about telling owners how to do something if you couldn't get it in, or is there even more to come?

I totally forgot to reveal this! Try throwing UV/black light on your game and check out how well it reacts! A ton of the game including all the powdercoat and plastic prectoectors are very UV reactive. We didn't find out until the last minute unfortunately or we would have tried to incorporate something.

#2449 1 year ago

This is the game under UV light. Notice even the flipper rubbers glow pink!

17a34888cca5ba0b7af12269e58eeb4f3979a2679401470e157a587c4739c9da (resized).jpeg17a34888cca5ba0b7af12269e58eeb4f3979a2679401470e157a587c4739c9da (resized).jpeg
#2450 1 year ago

Soooooo, you're saying a set of Pinstadiums with UV flasher effects might look pretty effin' good on this?

I'd be willing to bet yes!

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

That could be pretty cool during a Captain Cutler mb mode!

I should note I think the production cutler are made out of a different material that is stronger but way less UV reactive than the one in my prototype photo.

#2454 1 year ago

That’s awesome. Does pinstadium allow you to activate the UV lights during certain times, or does it stay on all the time? Sorry never used them before. If on all the time might be hard on my eyes and my wife’s.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with how they function. I just have a general idea of what they are.

#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Ruh Roh !
#123 landed quick impressions ….
Easily the best looking pin I have too to bottom and butter really does look stellar and art package is top notch.
Theme integration is solid and this machine feels unique to me as it’s a widebody and tons going on but plays like a fan layout with some cool features ….
I am not a good player I like to play in my house on the weekends and always wish I could play more. That said I really like the way it shoots flippers feel good…
Hitting spinners feels good….
Top playfield is Aweosme .. huge and tons of shots
Sound track better than I thought it would be especially in modes …
Every game I buy I’m always wanting to mod…. This machine I am not sure what you could mod it’s so decked out…
Questions for this group…
What monitor settings are you using ? I am taller so I replaced the monitors on TNA and and RnM.
Given the angle looks a bit washed out like previous spooky machines
Also I am not having any hissing but interested in your sound settings your all using… ?

That's what I like to hear!

#2597 1 year ago

I loaded up the mystery machine this morning! Texas bound tonight

20230322_094411 (resized).jpg20230322_094411 (resized).jpg
#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Is code supposed to drop before TPF?
Can we get it tonight to make sure it’s, ya know, safe for TPF consumption?

I know Dylan will be working on it all the way down and at the show so it shouldn't be long at all now! Come find us at the booth and bug him lol

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

No ETA on build completion or on delivery for my SDCE #145 (sans beurre). I assume that we are close.
Just an FYI for those curious on timing; Feb 26, payment request as 'pin is online'. Paid in full by the next week.

I believe 145 is a distributor block number so you would have to reach out to them for an update! Unless it's a direct print I would assume the game is probably completed.

#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

From pictures it looks like all the TPF scoobs have sold…congrats Spooky!

Thank you! It was nuts we drove all night and set up the games. Headed to the hotel room to take a 3 hour nap. When we came back downstairs we basically got ambushed by people and all sold on like a 2 hour spurt. Overall it's just been overwhelmingly positive. People are having a ton of fun.

#2774 1 year ago
20230324_173658 (resized).jpg20230324_173658 (resized).jpg
#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Dang it Luke, you should have brought 10!

I know I'm kicking myself right now

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

BackAlleyMatt
It appears that the shannon mine cart is no longer on your site was this a limited run offering like the aprons or will you have more? I am hoping more and that its a TPF effect.

Still available I would just contact him to order!

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Will do.
BTW do you have a suggestion for a kit to add undercab lighting to Scooby that might tie into the game somewhere? Someone suggested the speaker lights as I guessing those are supposed to change at different points in the game ... at some point?
Thanks and congrats on what appears to be a super successful time at TPF. I would imagine if there weren't 3 other big new games released at the same time Scooby would be getting even more PR. Pretty exciting times for pinheads I would say.

I think there are open outputs on the power filter board for 12v. I don't think the board thay drives the topper and speaker and flipper button lights would be able to drive any additional but admittedly DJ would have the best answer for this question. Also thank you!

Quoted from SLRage:

So how’s the feedback Luke? I assume everyone just says it sucks?

Honestly it has been by far the most overwhelmingly positive public feedback we have ever received. The booth is freakin packed. This has really been a great weekend already. Feels good to get out and just see people loving the game.

#2803 1 year ago

This is not a complaint, it's simply an observation from keeping up with the thread. I've noticed many people saying they had to adjust the shooter lane switch and auto plunger. I hope Spooky notices the same thing and makes the necessary adjustments

Definitely noted and I believe is corrected!

#2806 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Six SD’s are going to be played a lot. How are Scooby’s holding up?

I'm extremely proud of how they are holding up. Not a single mechanical issue or switch adjustment or anything. We have had to do 3 power cycles for code bugs total and 4 stuck balls which I already have noted to add protectors for.
With the volume of plays they are doing great and well above average for the games here.

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Has back alley sold out of all the mods.
Were these only a limited run?

No just contact him directly for availability!

#2821 1 year ago

If anyone is looking to get translate prints we have then available for every title we have ever done. Just send an email to [email protected] to request

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This is so awesome to see.
You guys have really come a long way from just having a small booth with one pin in it.
Really great to see you guys blossom and grow as a company. Especially the fact that it happened organically on your own terms.
Keep up the awesome work.

Thank you I appreciate that. It has really been sinking in this weekend for us just how far we have come.

#2860 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I would love to know if the games at TPF sold for normal price or if there was a show discount. Not that it matters much but its a curiosity thing is all.

Normal price $9769

#2862 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

ok thanks. Something to be said for getting a game that has been thoroughly play tested though.
BTW did you guys happen to check the game audits? I would imagine it was a lot of plays.

I did not but I can tell you there was no spare second the entire weekend where they weren't getting played!

#3093 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Unfortunately wasn't that. It almost appears ball is hanging up on the trough switch but I bent it down slightly and still not making it up the ramp... if anyone on the board is a tech expert I took a couple videos (could DM/email a link??). Sent them to Spooky service but its the weekend and probably won't hear back until next week. Frustrating as I really wanted to play it this weekend.

Try spreading out the fingers on the auto launch a bit! I had one today that started failing 100% out of the blue and I spread the teeth out a bit and it's been rock solid since

#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Unfortunately wasn't that. It almost appears ball is hanging up on the trough switch but I bent it down slightly and still not making it up the ramp... if anyone on the board is a tech expert I took a couple videos (could DM/email a link??). Sent them to Spooky service but its the weekend and probably won't hear back until next week. Frustrating as I really wanted to play it this weekend.

I'll try to help ya out the best I can so you can get playing asap.

#3096 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

I'll go give that a try here....

Those have been temperamental lately. I have the supplier checking into them as well as we are doing our own testing and adjustments. If that doesn't help shoot me a PM and I'll list some other things to try.

#3135 1 year ago

Magnets in scooby are 48v

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

SpookyLuke It doesn't look like there is any newer code than end of February (2/25/2023)? Is that correct?

Should be within a week or so here!

#3247 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks would love for any Spooky peeps to chime in on this SpookyLuke spooky_dj SpookyBug

I bet it's a heck of alot of fun! I could definitely see a few possibilities for adverse affects but obviously I am equally unsure without testing.

#3256 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

My early impressions after a couple days in with Scooby 181.
THINGS I LOVE:
- Looks even better in person. The playfield and cabinet art phenomenal. I thought I might regret not getting butter since my other 2 pins have it but the decals look so good that I have zero concern.
- Theme integration is spot on. Right up there with R&M.
- Modes are awesome. The light shows, video clips, rules/code, and music all come together so well. Each mystery is its own unique experience.
- Callouts are done perfectly. Really clear what to do without even looking at the screen and picking your character is perfect for mixing it up.
- Plays fast with good flow. (I’ve got the back legs cranked up almost all the way to 7.4)
- The upper playfield is so well done and learning to use the bookshelf is really fun. I underestimated how massive the upper playfield was from photos but it integrates right and I love that you can flow right past it any time by not catching the ball with the bookcase.
- Build quality out of the box is solid so I’m 3 for 3 on pins from Spooky being good to go right out of the box.
THINGS I DON’T LOVE:
- Ball stuck on my very first shot of my very first game, between the upper playfield and the left habitrail. However, bending the habitrail down a bit solved this and I haven’t had another ball stuck since.
- Music during non mystery main gameplay is overly repetitive short clip on a loop.
- Song during Capt Cutter multi-ball is not for me. Not really a big deal but I personally would pick an instrumental version if given the option in the settings.
- Lack of any deep bass is disappointing as someone who has external subs connected to each pin. Missed theatrical opportunity for effects like thunder certain certain mode music. The start of sanitarium in Halloween is a great example of this being done really well to set the mood.
- Flipper whine is a bit annoying but sounds like a fix is coming for that.
- Mystery machine shot it a bit narrow and I miss it more often than not. Still easy compared to some of the shots on my R&M. I’m not a great pinball player in general but I’m sure I’ll get it down with more game play.
- Drains through the left out lane seem overly frequent when the ball simply comes down from behind the drop targets. I’m not a physical player but I’m sure a simple nudge would save for those that are. For me, I have to move the post up to the easy kiddie spot .
OVERALL
- I love this pin and I’d say it is overall Spooky’s best so far. The pros outweigh the cons by a long shot. The cons really are very minor and seem easily solvable.

Noted! Also backhand both spinner shots it's easier!

#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

While I'm posting, SpookyLuke any more info on a possible JD stream? Rumoured that he's doing one for Galactic Tank Force soon, wondering if there's still one planned for Scooby. Maybe with the next code update?

Still the plan.

#3319 1 year ago

Yep definitely shouldn't be hitting the ball guide at all! Flipper needs to be adjusted!

#3336 1 year ago

Hang in there guys. We are getting code done as fast as possible for ya. We want to make sure we are releasing a good stable version and that takes time. We are certainly aware the mystery machine eject and autolaunch timing feel very long and clunky in code right now. I personally can't wait to see that get patched up.

#3350 1 year ago

I have been getting good reviews with the wives on Scooby! I actually had several men come up and tell me the wife bought the game lol. Apparently even Cary Hardy's wife is a big Scooby Doo pinball fan.

#3354 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

I mostly bought this game because my partner has been a huge Scooby fan all their life. Seems like a game/theme that is popular across all demographics.
Also just a quick question cause this is my first Spooky pin, I know that there's supposedly some new/different protectors coming for a few trouble spots. If we wanted the updated parts do we just email Spooky once they're available or how is stuff like that handled?

Yes I have made a couple new ball trap protectors if anyone is interested just shoot an email to [email protected]

#3376 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

I might have spoke too soon. Mystery machine taking balls and not releasing them, keeping me in ball search. Man, I hope I don't have to go digging around in there. Maybe a fuse, I'll have to check in the morning.

I would check in menu first. Check switch test to see that opto registers when 1 ball is in there. If you have 1 ball in mystery machine "stuck switch test" should show it there. Also go into coil test and fire the mystery machine coil. If both of those work you should be fine. There is a code bug currently where the ball goes in the mystery machine and isn't ejected. At a show with 6 games I'll see it once every couple hours. Dylan believes he's has it fixed already but I will be pushing and testing to make sure. Also sometimes going in the menu and then starting a game can introduce a whole bunch of ofd bugs. Always best to power cycle after being in the menu testing things. If there is an issue outside of that shoot me an email and I'll help ya sort it!

#3611 1 year ago

So, when I hear about these blown boards am I the only one who remembers this pic posted by Aquapin? Whatever happened to resolve this? Seems like everyone moved on and forgot about it. Seems like an easy way to blow a board to me.
[quoted image]

We have a spacer to seperate the scoop from that board. It has been installed since before production began. It was just that specific game that it was missed on in assembly. Also hey guys just catching up here. Havn't been on as much since the 3 shows in a row!

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Well, one possibility is that it's a vulnerability in the code PLUS a particular set or class of circumstances that makes it happen, one that was not evident during all of their prototyping and testing in-house and has not happened on a majority of games, so far.
RussM

Yeah it seems to be a rather rare and specific set of circumstances. I had it happen to me only once in all the games. The guys are pretty confident they have it sorted so fingers crossed it will be a thing of the past soon. Code is coming we are just testing it ALOT!

#3686 1 year ago

CODE

#3734 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Ive done exactly that. I've collected 4 scooby snacks and locked the left. Collected 5 more and tried locking the right. The callout is made and the apron lock light is lit. No matter what the ball wont lock. This also applies if I try to lock the first ball on the right side.
The locks are qualified and ready but nothing locks on the right side, only the left.

Possible maybe your wing is set a little to far forward causing a ball to not register on that 1st opto when it's sitting there maybe?

#3743 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

SpookyLuke
Found the issue, Right Lock and Right Jam were swapped. Looked under the playfield and the wires were labeled incorrectly and plugged into the wrong spot. Swapped the connectors and the lock now works properly.
[quoted image]

Dang. Hate to see that. Happy you got it fixed though nice catch

#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

This was my exact issue. I took a slow-motion video of the auto plunger firing, and it looked unstable as it would shake side to side. I tried to align it best I could with no luck. Then it miraculously fixed itself after about three games of manually putting the ball into play. I wish I had a better answer for you.
I will say that I replaced the coil for the auto plunger, but had the same results of it being weak until it corrected itself.

These have been extremely finnicky lately. Working on multiple solutions long term. In the short term we have been able to get them to work well with some adjustment. Usually bending the fingers that contact the ball a bit to the left or spreading them out some has worked well for me. Sorry I know its aggravating!

#3850 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Back to a bad auto plunger. Now it can't make it all the way up (tried 10+ times). I'm really having a hard time understanding the issue. I don't know how it goes from not working, to working perfectly, then back to not at all.

SpookyLuke - when can we expect a long-term solution on this? Step one is getting the ball in play. Right now, I have a 10K piece of art. I hope this is at the top of Spooky's to-do list.

They are generally working we used about 1750 in HWUM and had low number of issues maybe less than 0.5%. Scooby is the same mech and I believe again the vast majority are working well. We have added a washer to all of them to decrease side to side slop. I have only had the issue twice myself at shows and was able to resolve and remained working for the rest of the show. Sometimes this stuff just kind of creeps up out of nowhere. I'm working with the supplier as well as our people to figure out what seems to be going on.
Known solutions
1. Adjusting the fingers of the mech to the left or spreading them out slightly.
2. Make sure the switch when fully depressed is'nt able to be contacted by the auto launch arm at the bottom.

At this point if the game has fired it a whole bunch continuously you may need to give the coil a break to coil down.

Maybe send a video to service and see if AJ can see where its failing at. Can also send me an email and i'll take a look and try to offer a solution.

#3851 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

My auto plunger feels very loose. It moves side to side a lot. Right now, I have the coin door open, and when the ball is about to launch, I hold on the right side of the auto plunger to "stabilize" it. It typically works when I do that.
Do you have a picture of your e-clip on your auto plunger? That would be a huge help. Thank you.

Can also remove the E-Clip and add a washer then put the E-Clip back on!

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

And I still have zero word on 203 shipping - no butter paid in full

I would give your distributor a call!

#3920 1 year ago

What does your distributor say about your game’s status?

Game is done and in a box here. Just waiting on another game to ship with it for some reason.

#4011 1 year ago

There is always a flipper Humm or buzz to an extent. What I would consider a reasonable extent typically. Previous code though the specific pulse caused a high pitch whine. We were able to take care of that on the games we tested in the shop. Maybe send a video to service and we can take a look. I can do some testing tomorrow on some games on the line as well and see how those are.

#4187 12 months ago

Hey guys go show Scooby Doo some love for the Top 100! Takes 50 ratings these days just to get on the board!

#4327 12 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Why is spooky being so quiet here and why was it so important to make sure the first 50 machines went out trouble free and now they are just shipping games out with all these issues very disappointing unfortunately

Not quiet! We are aware of everything going on! I read every single post but I try to sit back most of the time and just let the thread be unless I feel I can add something important or fun. Many times there is a ton of communication going on with customers behind the scenes to especially by AJ and when I see a post I'll just walk over and ask the guys for an update on the situation. As long as it sounds like it's taken care of and under control I'll leave it at that. If I think more can be done I'll jump in.

Specifically with the 3 pinsiders here with issues there is daily conversation here seeking solutions and the entire company management is familiar with the situation and all working to help solve ASAP. We certainly don't have our heads in the sand about anything and are working every day to be the best company we can be in every aspect. It really hits home with us when we see customers with issues and it's not something we take lightly by any stretch. I do think there are a quiet majority of people just happy and playing their game with 0 issues. That doesn't stop us from wanting to get that percentage closer to 100%.Anyway, enjoy the weekend guys!

#4334 12 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Now we need you to go make some noise in the Ultraman thread.

Man I'd like to follow all of our games threads daily but I don't think the time exists! Ultraman and Halloween will always have a special place in my heart obviously to those who know how the project started. I'll try to catch back up and hop in. Honestly the guys have had a ton of content written forever for Ultraman just need it to get implemented. I've been told programming is hard! Luke Peter's works on Halloween Ultraman stuff daily still as well as Matt Kemp and Bug. Can't wait for that next code update.

I keep up with all the social media in general as well as most podcasts. The pinball network, Kaneda, Don, cary hardy, Zach and greg and about any other video on YouTube I can find related to our games. Always try to stay tuned with what's going on and the general public perception of our games. What people want to see from us and what they do and don't love etc.

#4462 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

SpookyBug SpookyLuke
Can you guys provide some help on how to remove the cabling safely so the upper playfield can be removed for service?

I'll see if I can get a video on the agenda!

#4486 11 months ago

Now, something that bugged me but wasn't technically "wrong" was the left outlane post which has been discussed here previously. There are only 2 positions available. Wide open which is brutal, or all the way up which a ball can BARELY even fit through. Why Spooky didn't just slot the adjustment is beyond me. Anyway, I'm not one to overthink things sooo.... I added a center hole position. It took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Photos are from stock to finished.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Honestly I'm always just paranoid about playfield damage. I did the adjustment holes so the post would always be locked in per say and not be able to wobble or slide on someone and cause damage. I could probably safely get away with the slot in hind sight. Maybe just some over caution. On the bright side I added that cool rubber washer so that you can move your outlane posts around and not have any indent or impression on your playfield!

#4538 11 months ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

What is planned for the next update? Character modes?

A bunch of neat stuff but yes Velmas character mode is at the top of the list

#4550 11 months ago
Quoted from dawasa:

I just experienced this. During Mystery Machine multiball, flippers went dead. Had a ball in lock claw and a ball in shooter lane. Nothing happened. Took off glass for the 500th time to work on it. Manually plugged a ball from shooter lane, nothing worked. Turned off game. Very disappointing in this purchase.
Started game earlier today, No Sound. HD tge reboot game. Really?

I mentioned this to the team and Bug said he sent you a PM trying to help out a while back!

1 week later
#4875 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I finally got my SD back together after all the lantern testing.
I added precision flippers to all 4 flippers and some accent lighting under the upper playfield.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Dude! That looks killer!

1 week later
#5276 11 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

2nd batch of washers went out today. I'll have another batch available tomorrow.
(batch 1 & 2)
BallyKISS1978 Svenop Sethman littlecammi PinManV paynemic Magicchiz Mdanielb Scott8806 mbott1701 jeffspinballpalace qbass187 arcadem Damonator VoodooPin Jammer55826 drbrain rockrand GrooTheWanderer GCS2000 RebelGuitars

Following this! Going to test it myself tomorrow!

1 week later
#5416 10 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Ok, so with this explanation, I've figured out the Ruh Roh ball save: when it drains down a left outlane, that lane is lit. The lit lane can be changed with the flipper buttons and if a ball drains down the unlit lane, you get a ball save.
I'm still not sure I understand the right outlane ball save. If it activates the third time a ball rolls over it, wouldn't that be game over, since the ball would've drained 3 times down that lane? Unless it's reliant on multiball drains, I guess. I don't know, I'm really noobing out here haha
EDIT: just realized that it would be that third ball that would be saved, so it wouldn't be a game over. So, basically, it sort of prevents you from losing by having all three balls drain down that outlane?

Yeah several different ways. So multiball drains, outlane drains while the launch timer is still lit, and also just regular drained balls.

I will note I am not really fully qualified to answer this as Bug and Luke Peter's are much more versed in code than I.

#5418 10 months ago

Anyone else have a continual pile of saw dust falling out onto the playfield from the upper to the lower? It’s starting to mark up my playfield clear. By the end of one game there is more. Getting quite old cleaning it up over and over

That's odd. Maybe try some compressed air to blow everything out. Maybe a chunk of sawdust in one of the CNC cut holes or something.

#5420 10 months ago

Thanks! That kind of what I was thinking. I’ve blown it out a couple times plus used a vacuum with a detailing brush attachment. Hopefully it eases up soon.

Yeah that's annoying. I'm sure it will ease up soon I mean there can only be so much sawdust under there

#5427 10 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

For those that have issues with upper playfield shots, try putting a little more angle on the game. I keep saying I will check the angle when I pull the glass off again but I haven't needed to...
I do have the top thread flush with the top nut on the back legs and the front is all the way down on the front legs with the other nut screwed all the way down. I have yet to have any of the issues others have had with draining or shot issues.
My left post came in the most open position and I feel that it is perfect. No cheap drains. Very few drains from drops.
Also upper playfield is much faster. Sometimes a hard rip up the middle will actually send it right back down the right flipper rail.

This is exactly how we have been setting them up as well. Seems to really suit gameplay well

#5449 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Heads up, there is new Scooby Code (6/2) on the Spooky support page now.

How do you guys do that!?

#5524 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Next time you can tell him “because plastic doesn’t conduct electricity like metal does”
It actually makes perfect sense if you think about it. But yeah, the colour isn’t great.
rd

Thinking about just doing a stainless steel cover instead of blue box on the next game.

#5527 10 months ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Do yall sell the service outlet covers? I need a few for the game room

I would think if you call Morgan or AJ they would help ya out. They are common at pretty much any hardware store though.

#5528 10 months ago

I need to have our electrical guys go through it and make sure everything is up to par but I whipped up a nice stainless steel cover for the area. Not going to do a running change on Scooby so you guys will have to get the next Spooky game to get this fancy upgraded outlet cover package lol.

Snapchat-1459403121 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1459403121 (resized).jpgSnapchat-740791343 (resized).jpgSnapchat-740791343 (resized).jpg
#5530 10 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

You should use some sort of grommet there as well so the wires don't rub on that sharp edge over the years.

I got a plan for that!

#5537 10 months ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

This kind?
[quoted image]

Yes sir I believe so.

2 weeks later
#5895 10 months ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Checking in to let everyone know #521 is home, setup, updated with code and playing perfect! 10 games in no issues at all. Well done Spooky Team!

Thank you!

#5918 10 months ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Setup 537 on Monday and have been playing Scooby since then. I have to say this is the one game I keep coming back to in my room. I haven't had many machines in over the 35 years I have been collecting and playing that have done that for me. Great job Spooky!
This game is so much fun and I really love the shots. It is just a stunner to look at and the light show and sound are amazing. I probably have about 30 games on it so far and need to figure out the rules better but I found myself understanding the basic rules pretty quickly and have just been enjoying that for now as I learn all the shots.
This is my first Spooky game and I will be back for more!
Again well done Spooky Team and thanks for a great game! SpookyBug SpookyLuke spooky_dj

Can't tell ya how happy we are to hear that. Appreciate you guys that share your positive experiences! I feel like often those don't get posted.

1 month later
#6726 8 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I met you and your brother at SFGC last weekend and did in fact get rid of a Stern so I can get Scooby-Doo. We love the game at our house and are playing at daily.
[quoted image]

Oh wow that was fast! That's awesome man thank you for hanging out with us at the booth. Guys like you remind us why we do this stuff!

4 weeks later
#7284 7 months ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

I just set up #815 Tuesday evening. I got about 40 plays in with everything working normal other than minor glitches here and there. I turned it on last night and the ball launch wouldn't work. Very weak, only pushing the ball a few inches. Put the ball in play manually and the flippers would flip weakly once, then stop working, drop targets would not come up, VUK would only pop the ball up about an inch and keep relaunching unsuccessfully. Same with the trough eject. All of the coils are non functional all of the sudden. I've turned it on and off a couple of times and it's still the same. Super weak coils/unplayable. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone have any idea what the fix is? I've seen the earlier comments about off aligned launches, but this is not what is happening here. There is just really weak power. Lights, video, switches seem to still work, other than the start button, which also does not seem to work normally. I sent spook an email last night. Hoping something can be done w family coming to town this weekend. Loved the game while it was working. Rules are about as good as I've ever seen, IMO. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Email [email protected] we will get ya sorted out asap. I'll shoot him a text now and let him know your email is coming. Then he can set up a phone/video call for ya. Hopefully just a loose wire but I could see it being the 50v power supply.

#7287 7 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Got my warden board and new coil. Replaced it all and it seems to all be back up and running. I haven't played extensively, but all the coils seem to be working again.
I am getting the periodic ball launch issue where the ball seems to rattle around a bit rather than smoothly making it through the u-turn. This started happening before the Warden replacement so it has nothing to do with that. Very odd that it didn't happen for the first 30-40 games.
I will say, replacing the Warden board itself was very simple. I had that thing swapped out way faster than soldering and replacing coil and mech for drop targets. Also way faster than installing t-nuts / post to make the post easily movable from topside. It is literally just attached with 4 pins that it snaps onto so there are no screws to remove. As long as you have all the connectors labeled (which mine were from the factory) and everything noted on where they go, it is a breeze.

Obviously our main goal is to get the boards as close to 0 failure as possible. Having an extremely skilled engineer in house for that we can continue to improve. With that said we spent alot of time making sure the average guy can easily swap the entire board in like 10 minutes and i think we did that!

#7293 7 months ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

SpookyLuke, is the general solution to the weak plunger/failure a replacement of the warden board?
If so, in the interest of minimizing downtime, can one just request shipment preemptively and if it turns out to not be the cause, pay for it as spare part?

No not at all. The autolaunch issue is almost always just the adjustment of the fingers themselves physically. We would certainly sell wardens to have on hand. Especially if you are a customer who ends up with multiple games on that platform so you always have one handy.

#7300 7 months ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Well, I own an Alice Cooper that I bought second hand. It has been problem free, and I love it. That motivated me to buy a Scooby CE…day one order. The game was supposed to be delivered to me today. SUPPOSED to. I’ve been going through all kinds of bullshit with the shipping company that either PinballStar or Spooky chose to use. Don’t know who picked them, but TForce Freight is horrible. You can’t even speak to anyone in America. All calls are sent to their offshore call center, which I finally got one of their agents to admit was in the Asian Pacific area…that’s all she’d tell me. So…bottom line is that I’m still waiting for my game, which will hopefully come sometime next week…a week later than it was supposed to. Needless to say, I’m VERY frustrated.
So, while I can’t yet speak to the quality of the game, I can say that this shipping experience is putting a bad taste in my mouth. Why the hell couldn’t they have used STI? I’ve shipped numerous games with STI and never had a problem.
Hopefully my Scooby will be trouble-free so I can enjoy it and put all this shit behind me. Whenever the game arrives, I’ll be sure to give my honest opinion on it to help guide anyone on the fence about buying one.

All of our customers are welcome to request a specific shipping company. By default we use RNL freight as we have a long standing good relationship with them and have had several personal meetings with them so they understand shipping pinball. I'm not sure who the shipping company you listed is but I cam assure you Spooky doesn't do anything to leave a "bad taste" on shipping.

#7304 7 months ago

Thank you for that response. The culprit must, therefore, be Joe at PinballStar. From what I’ve been able to learn, TForce Freight is either a subsidiary or the new name of UPS. I highly recommend you don’t do business with them and that PinballSTAR not ever use them again. It’s too much to get into here in this forum, but I’ve been getting the runaround from them all day. All I want is for my $10,000 machine to arrive at my house as ordered and paid for, and for said machine to work problem free as my other machines do. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. As you can see I’m very frustrated right now and I’m NOT blaming Spooky. But someone is to blame here, and according to everyone I’ve spoken to at TForce (in my seven phone calls), no one has a phone number for the manager/supervisor. That’s the kind of shit I’ve been dealing with as my game sits on a truck somewhere.

I wouldn't be to hard on Joe he's a fantastic distributor for us and I'm sure he ships a ton of games that arrive on time. He's a wonderful guy who we talk to daily and I'm sure he will do whatever he can to help ya out. Sometimes shipping companies just suck. He certainly wouldn't intentionally ship a game with a company that is knowingly poor. I totally understand the frustration I've been there! Sorry your having to deal with it.

#7305 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

How much money are extra warden boards to buy for backups in case.

I will have to double check our cost on them and get a price this week as I do not believe we have sold any yet. We typically replace them free of charge (customer must return theres) outside of some extenuating circumstance.

#7319 7 months ago

Ok. I’ll try not to direct my anger at Joe. I don’t know him the way you do. Although I’ve bought many games in my 20plus years of collecting pins, I’ve never bought anything from him. So, let ask you this: if my game sits on a truck over the long holiday weekend in the Florida heat, do you expect it will be damaged as a result. I’m optimistic that I’ll

Thank you for that response. The culprit must, therefore, be Joe at PinballStar. From what I’ve been able to learn, TForce Freight is either a subsidiary or the new name of UPS. I highly recommend you don’t do business with them and that PinballSTAR not ever use them again. It’s too much to get into here in this forum, but I’ve been getting the runaround from them all day. All I want is for my $10,000 machine to arrive at my house as ordered and paid for, and for said machine to work problem free as my other machines do. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. As you can see I’m very frustrated right now and I’m NOT blaming Spooky. But someone is to blame here, and according to everyone I’ve spoken to at TForce (in my seven phone calls), no one has a phone number for the manager/supervisor. That’s the kind of shit I’ve been dealing with as my game sits on a truck somewhere.

I would say generally no all companies ship games over seas by boat. They sit in containers in for sun for weeks and are largely undamaged I believe. So I think you should be in the clear. Regardless we will be happy to work with ya when you get your game to make sure it's 100%

#7380 7 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

SpookyLuke is it possible to get new art blades? Seems mine peeled off some which I didn't see and I just ruined them lifting the playfield out last night.
Is this something we can purchase separately?

Yeah absolutely just email [email protected]

#7385 7 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

New code coming?
UPDATE: They confirmed on my Facebook question. Scooby character mode being shown tomorrow.
Bug is drowning in all these playfields we're GIVING AWAY ON STREAM!!!!
Be sure to tune in to our Scooby-Doo Live Stream tomorrow night on Twitch! 7PM Central Time. Don't miss out on the chance to win a Scooby-Doo playfield!!!
https://www.twitch.tv/spookypinball?sr=a

Beat me to it thanks for sharing here

#7402 7 months ago

Thank you to everybody who tuned into the stream tonight. Appreciate you all

#7422 7 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Agreed, it needs a relatively attainable way to get an E.B. and settings to adjust or disable it.

We are on this. Was actually a main topic in the office yesterday oddly enough.

1 month later
#8027 6 months ago

New code will be up tonight!

1 week later
#8251 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Im # 1011, paid in full in Sept. ...nothing ( " a couple more weeks"). Not thrilled

Hey just checked on these for you guys. Butter cabinets are coming in Monday or Tuesday I'm hearing. Which means you should be looking at the week before Thanksgiving for delivery. So not long now hang in there! I could ramble for paragraphs about why the paid up before it goes on the line policy is the best way for efficiency and speed of arrival for everyone, but you will just have to trust me .

Quoted from Willybillwill:

Totally understand and I'm hoping to get mine before Thanksgiving as well as we're hosting this year and would be nice to have in the basement with guests. I'm going to message them again this week just to stay on top of it. Hoping you get yours soon, I had a chance to play at TPF back in March and enjoyed it.

Checked on yours as well. We loaded it in a container this week so it should be floating your way on a boat! Unfortunately, they don't give us a way to track containers past that. It's on its way to ya anyway.

#8296 5 months ago
Screenshot_20231107_161652_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231107_161652_Facebook (resized).jpg
#8365 5 months ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

GZ is starting to get pissed and throwing atomic breath at Scooby since Scooby is getting more attention in the house.
[quoted image]

Thank you for doing the live unboxing the other night! Very cool. Enjoy the game!

#8387 5 months ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

Hey I just wanted to say that Spooky has been super to me.
This is my first Spooky game as it's been a dream theme of my partner's forever, and even though I'd had to replace some parts (Not surprising as mine is a super early build) the Spooky folks have made it really painless and supplied everything no questions asked, and recently even though I didn't expect it they sent me some cosmetic parts I damaged while replacing my warden board which was above and beyond considering it was my screw up. So I just wanted to publicly thank them.
SpookyLuke SpookyBug spooky_dj etc.

Hey we appreciate this! Thank you for supporting us and it's really cool that ya took the time to post this. At the end of the day we really do want everyone to be happy.

#8388 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine doesn't go SDTM when I hit the Shaggy shot, it does it when I nail the Velma shot so I'm not sure how moving the far right rail will help. I think I'm going to have to move the other end of it where the Shaggy shot is and I'm gonna have to pull the upper PF to do that.. That Velma shot is hard enough, hitting it perfectly on mine is almost always SDTM so I avoid it like the plague unless the Trap drop target is up.

I definitely don't think you should have to pull your upper playfield to get this sorted. Anytime we have to adjust a guide on the line we can generally lean it out or in slightly and get the ball doing what it should. Shoot me an email first or give us a call tomorrow and ask for me before you go through the hassle of pulling your upper. I bet we can get it fixed up an easier way.

#8392 5 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Moving the left post was looking like a pain to move so I installed another post and I added a new T Nut to secure the new post. I did cut off some of the sharp points off the T Nut because of the limited space between the board and the playfield. Spooky should have added the T Nut to the Playfield during assembly so the customer could easily move the post from one position to the other the position without this being a huge hassle.
[quoted image]

The reason we go with the lock nut although it is a hassle is it doesn't allow any wobble. The light board covering it was certainly an error although I did not expect moving the posts to be as important part of this title as it has been. I don't like to ever risk post wobble as post wobble = playfield damage. Lock nut and rubber washer means people can move the posts without even the slightest hint of a mark on their playfield. We don't always make the perfect choice but believe me we have the best of intentions and protecting our customers playfield is a top priorty to us.

#8393 5 months ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I love the game but mine is unplayable until i get the spacers for the center ramp that TSB has made for me. It gets stuck almost every damn time on the ramp that leads to the upper playfield.
I don't know why or how it has happened but it sucks to have to violently shake the machine to get the ball to dislodge. I am dreading the fix will involve removing the upper playfield and I don't think Spooky has issued a upper playfield removal video yet.

I believe service does have an upper playfield removal video they can provide. Shouldn't be necessary. Sorry about the issue it seems temperature may be affecting that petg cover. We test them all very carefully here and don't see the issue for whatever reason. I think service will be able to help you fix it without removal of the upper.

#8395 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hmm, I'll see if I can give it a try. I'm a little hesitant to bend that guide while it's completely attached to the playfield, don't want to risk damaging or cracking the powder coat.

Let me see if I can get you a video. It's not so much a bend as a lean. If you out a kink the the steel it will fly off it funny. Shoot service and email requesting a ball guide adjustment video please and I'll get with him to get one made.

#8400 5 months ago

If any of you are interested and use Facebook hop over and follow my page "Spooky Luke". I am going to start sharing a bunch of the behind the scenes photos of the game design and engineering of Halloween, Ultraman, Scooby Doo and I have even been known to drop the occasional future title hint. I'll try to share something cool atleast once or twice a week that nobody has had the chance to see yet!

Screenshot_20231114_123544_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231114_123544_Facebook (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8615 4 months ago

For you guys who don't use Facebook! A ton of other great stuff on our website for Christmas presents as well.
https://www.spookypinball.com/product/spooky-led-neon-multi-layer-sign/?fbclid=IwAR2hcX0Iv4OWJzS4bE1lWhTq0nG4VqHrJSlkiZ887Pusnwmnde8waEm4MSA

Screenshot_20231128_182111_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231128_182111_Facebook (resized).jpg

#8616 4 months ago

If you check out the Mystery Machine area on this one you will see that originally we had explored having the iconic malt shop located above the right spinner. The intention being the gang would gather there before heading out to solve a local mystery. Using the spinner as the front door. We were also playing with the idea of using an acrylic tube instead of the orange wire form. You can see the apron locks starting to take shape slowly as well. During the process a ton of ideas get axed and don't make the final production cut.

Copy paste from Facebook.

Snapchat-1705112927 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1705112927 (resized).jpg
#8618 4 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Love stuff like this.Can’t wait to get my CE 1244. Relegated to playing one at my local place for now.

You should be getting very close here.

3 weeks later
#9148 4 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Kind of surprised spooky did not comment on this post

I am here lol! Code update incoming pretty dang soon here. Something special in store for this one. Code updates will be more frequent these next 6 months again.

#9206 4 months ago
Snapchat-1953709976 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1953709976 (resized).jpg
#9208 4 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Final CEs?
I see that TCM sneaking in on the right!

Check the TCM thread!

#9280 3 months ago
Screenshot_20231226_125036_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231226_125036_Facebook (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9342 3 months ago

Bugs Scream and Stream Thursday Scooby update and special reveal

#9350 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Any chance of an Ultraman update soon?
We are really eager to see the code Endgame in sight.
RM

Sounds like its about 90%. I would expect toward the end of the month

#9371 3 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Sorta disappointed to see spooky go for the topper cash grab.
That said…it looks pretty cool.

I hear ya. We made a really strong effort to keep the price more reasonable than other toppers as well as offer more content. We added actual licensed clips on the topper screen and custom animations as a full video mode. Its hooked right to the PC so it can be updated right along with the game and interactive with it. Plus being sculpted and mechanized.

#9385 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

*If you bought your Scooby machine through a distributor you MUST buy it from them!*
What about people who bought their Scooby used from a previous owner? Neither from a distributor nor direct from Spooky?
RM

Just order through us and we will sort it out.

#9406 3 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Because you are free to buy this new superior topper to replace the cheap plastic one that came with the CE.
Game would've cost 11.5k if it would've been included.

Yeah basically flat out 100% transparency we can't include a topper of this level with our CE price. It's just can't be done and keep the lights on at Spooky. Scooby was just such a loaded wide body already to try to make work at $9769. This topper is so much further integrated than most toppers out there with licensed assets and everything. It just can't be done.

#9466 3 months ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Will this event rise to the historical standard set by the coin door latch?

I appreciate your knowledge of Spooky Lore

#9518 3 months ago
Screenshot_20240103_181917_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240103_181917_Facebook (resized).jpg
#9525 3 months ago

Mine was $27 for UPS shipping I believe which I selected but it defaulted to $70 shipping after I completed check out. Spooky care to weigh in why two options shown but defaulted to the more expensive flat rate shipping?

I think the lower shipping was a website error which is why it was removed shortly after.

#9586 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

This was my first twitch go with spooky. From here on out my negative comments/observations will cease, really clicked how hard they’re trying and might have over looked it. Well done, on that code update. To all that ordered the topper enjoy the Vid modes. Think they did a great job with the balance of using the topper and not giving people in your face FOMO. Very well executed and fair.

That is really respectable for you to come on here and say that. I swear we have good intentions with everything we do. This is how we make our living and we really put everything into what we do and try to give back. We don't take 1 second for granted.

#9592 3 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

link to the stream for those of us who missed it?

https://m.twitch.tv/spookypinball

#9823 3 months ago

I think mods are great personally. We have a whole bunch of red tape, massive tooling investment, approvals etc. Moders can really just focus 100% on creativity. Leads to some cool stuff.

#9990 3 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

My JJP is connected to wifi and gives me a notification when an update is available.
I get emails from Stern when new code is released. However Stern machines update over wifi so I don't need an email notification because the machine auto updates itself.
Spooky does neither. So if I manually have to download the code and move it to the machine via USB drive it would be nice for Spooky to notify me of updates being posted to their code support page...

It is easy enough for Spooky to have an email sign up/enrollment option on the support page to be notified of any code releases

Not a bad idea guys. I'll put this on my list to look in to.

1 week later
#10237 3 months ago
Quoted from Arcdeeth:

From what I’ve been told they are close to starting BSEs. This was also mentioned on a recent Spooky Facebook post that included TCM/LTs. I’ve been looking at my email everyday waiting for their “We’re ready to make your game”.

I have certainly not forgotten! I have been trying to mention it here and there to keep everybody somewhat posted. I suspect BSE will start hitting the line within 2 or 3 weeks. Always can upgrade to a CE as well to get the game faster if speed is worth the value to ya. Scooby are still getting boxed up every single day and will continue to get boxed up every day until they are all done. We were actually talking wizard modes and some other fun features in the office today. Pretty excited about that stuff coming!

2 weeks later
#10584 72 days ago

Hey guys just dropping in to give an update. BSE going out every day now as well as Toppers! We started toppers slow to ensure quality and confirm they were arriving after being shipped safely. We have reached a good pace now and will continue to speed up topper production to get them all out in a timely manner. We blew our topper sales projection out of the water so we had to get our butts in gear! Thank you all so much. You will love this thing. Dylan is rocking and rolling this month on your next code update as well. Bug will introduce it on the Scream and Stream when it's done! Hope to see ya there.

Snapchat-1010243753 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1010243753 (resized).jpg
#10592 72 days ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Can we get a fix to the game freezing after the 7th villain mode? I do believe it is time for this to be fixed. I understand next update will introduce wizard modes, but I have had this freeze on single player and now confirmed in co-op mode.
Co-op mode is completely worthless if game freezes after 7th villain mode.
Is this something I need to reach out to soooky about or is this just associated with my game? I can’t imagine others not having this bug associated with their code. I am 4 for 4 with this bug.

I will have to double check with our programmer for sure but I thought I had heard that was fixed a while back. Maybe try updating to the latest code on the website. I will check in on it tomorrow as well.

#10603 71 days ago
Quoted from kevster:

Install code 1.07. It is fixed there. I experienced the bug you're talking about very recently while still running 1.06. I installed the updated code that same day, and made it through all seven villains the following day with no issues. In both cases, I drained during the 7th villain's mode. But on code 1.07, the game kept right on ticking.

I did confirm as well that this is supposed to be fixed on the code on our website already.

#10617 70 days ago
Quoted from leonml:

Yes. This is a design flaw. Can't be changed.... yet, anyway.
I thought some type of sensor that sees the ball past the point of staying in play should disable the bookshelf flipper, returning it to the default position.

If your book case flipper is hitting the ball guide the flipper bat is out if adjustment. It should not contact the metal. The position can be adjusted.

1 week later
#10765 57 days ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Yes Wizard mode please ; when it will be available? i finished all cases and i didn't see anything.
the game starts from the beginning

There will actually be 3 wizard modes plus some other cool stuff still coming to the game. The first wizard mode coming will be played upon completion of the villians I believe as that's much needed. We are playtesting it this this week so not terribly far away.

#10785 57 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

We ordered ours through the same distro we bought the game (SD224) from. On Friday we called and talked to them and were told, "Spooky has only been sending 'test' units so far so we have no word and won't know anything until we hear from Spooky."
Basically, they have no idea when they will ship. Guess I gotta practice that patience thing again.

We have been sending much more than test units. We are taking our time and making it a priorty to maintain our best quality. To be 100% transparent in the past years we have been pressured very heavily to get things out to quickly. I just cant let that happen anymore. We will be approaching 20 toppers per week within the next couple weeks.

#10807 55 days ago

This next code update is a DANDY. Seriously coolest freaking wizard mode ever. I would say 2 weeks and we will be sending it out to you guys. Going to add a few more features we want to get to first. Dang though, Spooky DJ and Luke Peter's outdid themselves on this one.

#10825 54 days ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

anyone getting any BSE deliveries anytime soon? 2 weeks since I've heard anything, 3 days since I've asked for an update, they were supposed to be 1-2 weeks from shipping. i did have some schedule constraints on my end that may have pushed my delivery out. just really trying to see if they 1-2 weeks (now it's been a full 2 weeks) for BSEs to ship actually happened.

We have been boxing BSE every day. What is your game number?

#10842 53 days ago

Hey guys toppers are going out at a 20 a week pace now. They are coming. We are just taking everything slower than we usually do really trying to catch everything and ensure quality. All toppers will ship from us directly to the customer regardless of distro. No worries we are on it.

#10845 53 days ago

It's on the line scheduled to clear inspection and be pulled down and boxed on March 18th.

#10857 52 days ago

Appreciate the kind words guys! We are building, boxing, and shipping everything every single day. We are just prioritizing quality more than ever in our 10+ year history. Yes its pinball there will still be issues but we are doing everything in our power to minimize them and be PROMPT with service in the case they do happen. I promise it will be worth it as I think we are making the best product we have ever made. These new games are on another level. Plus it's a great time to be a Spooky customer, you can buy 3 titles from us at the best value in pinball and one of the coolest toppers ever made!

#10947 46 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I wasn't able to watch, Can someone give me a quick rundown?

It was honestly such a good stream it's worth a watch. You should be able to replay on twitch bugs scream and stream channel

#10996 44 days ago
Quoted from StacksOT:Question for Spooky: Since more callouts are coming this update, how much more dialogue is left to be put in aside from the other 2 wizard modes? Love the idle banter. I know Bug mentioned there were more ideas for video and audio assets for attract mode being brewed.

I'd have to double check with Bug and other Luke but I can't imagine we are anywhere near out of callouts for this thing. We recorded literally thousands of speech callouts for the game!

#11027 42 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I paid in full a month ago for BSE and haven't heard anything about shipping. Is this typical?

Is your game direct or distro? What is your game number?

3-4 weeks after final payment is typical as we have to stay billed a fair bit in advance as payment time is all over the map. Sometimes we send a bill and it's paid in 1 day and sometimes it gets paid 3 months later. This has generally led us to the policy that when final invoice is paid it goes on the line. Otherwise we end up with 50 games sitting here unpaid while we could have filled 50 orders of customers who paid right away instead.

#11028 42 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

That is me hoping to hear SOMEHTING, ANYTHING about the topper I ordered early in the morning of January 3rd. I also really hope the "rumor" that they would be selling the toppers in person as TPF has me even more frustrated at the lack of information or updates. When I "preorder" a book I get access BEFORE it goes on sale to the public and the books only cost like $20. This topper was a little more $$ with far less information

I've tried to be pretty public with updates here and on Facebook. We are making and shipping toppers every single day. We are shipping about 20 per week now. I expect the majority of all topper orders to be filled over the next 10 weeks.

#11090 41 days ago

Lots of toppers on the freight dock today to be shipped to pre order customers. We will have 1 display model at Texas Pinball Festival for those interested in seeing it in person.

Snapchat-35668714 (resized).jpgSnapchat-35668714 (resized).jpg
#11112 41 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I can easily see the Spooky team implementing losing points. It’s the kind of outside the box thinking they do and that’s a good thing.

I absolutely love negative points stuff but it's highly controversial!

2 weeks later
#11465 21 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I'm going on 7.5 weeks now with no word on shipping.

That seems strange. What is your game number?

#11470 21 days ago

Unfortunately I cant give you much here as that is a distributor game so I would reach out to him for an update. All good on our end.

Typically we are about 3-4 weeks for billing but each distributor handles these things in there own way.

#11495 18 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

could just be the plastic shields being too low, or a wire hanging in the wrong spot and the ball hitting it. Shine a light up there and pass a ball around manually. If you can't see, take the upper PF off where you can get a clear view of it all.

Maybe the magnet core set to high causing the ball the jump?

#11526 14 days ago
Quoted from Pumpkinking16:

Need some Scooby help please. I start a new game, select a character, ball loads into shooter lane, I press the launch button and nothing. I thought it was a coil but replaced that and nothing. Every time I hit the ball launch it makes a spring sound through the speakers. Any suggestions?

[email protected]
815-541-4940
Monday- Thursday 8am-5pm cst

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookyluke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=spookyluke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.