(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,649 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by cosmokramer
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So only 7 games are being boxed for shipping per day per Spooky Luke’s reply on Facebook last week to my question.

That makes sense based on the pic we saw last week - there were 7 games lined up on a pallet. It would be pretty easy to figure out when yours will ship once someone posts that they received their shipping notice. I'm just curious if any have shipped yet??

8597850B-0EFF-43BA-A02D-0456E0B10ADD (resized).jpeg8597850B-0EFF-43BA-A02D-0456E0B10ADD (resized).jpeg
#402 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Care to share what’s required to take it off? Any dos or donts? Looks like everyone is having to take this off for service in the first week. Haha

I assume since these are going out 7 games at a time - they corrected the issue on the line for all the games that were waiting to be boxed/shipped. So, maybe the first 21 or 28 were affected?

#404 1 year ago

The coil stops not being tight enough on the upper playfield.

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, wow...what am I looking at here?

You are looking at what Stern's "pro" version would be.

I kid. I kid.

#420 1 year ago

Bruh...
Screenshot 2023-02-23 142604 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-23 142604 (resized).png

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have a few games with nics on the art blades (done by the last guy) and it kills my OCD!

I've screwed up side blades many times before the protectors were a thing and it really bummed me out. There's no telling how many times those things have saved my bacon since owning them.

8AF5FDF4-6326-4FFC-97AF-A24F6A06DF40 (resized).jpeg8AF5FDF4-6326-4FFC-97AF-A24F6A06DF40 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#966 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Look at every recent spooky thread. QC is a problem with their games to a degree you just don’t see with other companies.

Bwahahahahaha - thanks for the laugh. I guess you aren't in the PB Alien thread, the AP Houdini thread, the Haggis Fathom thread, the JJP GnR thread or yes, even the Stern Bond thread. I can cite specific (multiple) QC/design issues for each of these games if you like.

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Now, now... You can't respond like that otherwise you'll go against the narrative and people will downvote you... LOL

Yea, the chicken little schtick just gets old. We've literally seen a tiny handful of easily correctable issues on the first 30ish games out the door, yet everyone should panic and sell their spots, "Spooky Quality Sucks", blah, blah, blah.

Reminder - this is the owners thread. If you don't own the game or have an order for one, feel free to move back to the hype thread and you can poop post to your heart's content.

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

At capacity they can produce 500 machines a week. Stern is huge and is growing again. They pump out an entire LE run of 1000 machines in 2-3 weeks on average lately.

JJP - 100, Spooky - 30, CGC - 20, Haggis - 2 would be my guesstimates for the others - not sure about AP or PB.

#1433 1 year ago

I just received SD #49 - no issues at all other than a piece broken off the topper during shipping.

The game is gorgeous and fan-freakingtastically fun. If you don't smile and laugh while playing this game, you have no soul.

The release code is light years ahead of my ACNC and UM games at release. I'll be shocked if the game doesn't sell out at TPF once people are able to play in person.

Great job Spooky team - it's the best title yet!

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

post your thoughts here, tomorrow. Today, play SD.

I actually received it on Friday, but was out of town. The game flips really well and all the shots are makable - although that upper PF knight shot is going to take some practice. I've enjoyed the bookcase flipper and the weird dynamics of it - like being able to shoot off the left side vs the flipper itself.

The modes are really well thought out and varied. I love how the clips, callouts and music are different for each. Completing a mode and unmasking the bad guy(s) is sooooooooo satisfying. I'm drawing a blank trying to think of a comparable game with such satisfying end-of-mode vibes and I can't.

I do like my Ultraman and it's funky fresh Japanese kitsch feel - but it's simply not in the same league as this game. The polish on the code at release is impressive. Sure, it's got some little goofy bugs - but that's to be expected.

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think the workforce pool in that small town is hurting them. It takes a certain type of person to work on a pin.

Not really a comment on your post, but did you know that Stern had to open an employment office to hire new workers on a daily basis because of turnover?

#1491 1 year ago

Edit - nevermind - feeding the trolls just encourages them to stick around.

#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I am all for people expressing problems and concerns along with the good things. Not everything is perfect especially in pinball. If a owner wants to ask for help or even bitch about a game so be it that is there right.

I don't mind owners posting issues as a way of helping others, but I do have a problem if it's done in a negative way or attacking other owners.

And I have a very low tolerance for non-owners in the club thread stirring up crap.

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

The bookcase flipper is really hard to master for the three lanes on the upper right side.

Backhanding off the right flipper allows you to hit 2 of the 3.

#1878 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

For peeps who have their games, where are the outlane set out of the box?

On my game, they were set to the most narrow position. I plan to widen them.

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Then you can curse the open side like the left outlane of nearly any John Borg designed Stern game!

The worst is GotG when the magnet actually throws it into the left outlane after exiting the orb.

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Also has noticeable orange peel. Seems a drop in quality that should not happen.

This is a new feature that started with the James Bond PFs. Maybe the orange peel distracts from the eventual divots?

I've been adding protectors to all my Sterns now - it's a pain in the rear, but really the only option for me to not have 1000s of divots. I don't mind a few shallow ones like on a BLY/WMS or Spooky, but Sterns just get too many/too deep/too fast for my tastes.

3 weeks later
#3458 1 year ago

I just looked at my MM and saw 10 different spots where I could stage a stuck ball, but in reality it never happens.

I've only had one stuck ball on my Scooby and it was from a wire form that needed a slight tweak.

2 weeks later
#4337 12 months ago
Quoted from Vecna:

The flipper whine is probably not easy to fix in a code update or it most likely would have been released at this point.

Because the flipper whine is a non-issue - it's way quieter than the Stern power supply fans.

#4354 12 months ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Not sure there is a silent majority

There's a huge silent majority of us that have had no issues and are simply enjoying the game.

There's no reason for us to post excessively in the thread because we have nothing constructive to add - we are just patiently waiting on more villain modes, additional music, etc. The game is stellar and continues to get better with each release.

Oh - as an update, I finally got that test lantern from stumblor in the mail so hopefully I can get test fitments done in the next few days.

#4376 12 months ago

Ok - the lantern is straight D.O.P.E. - it's actually way better than I expected. It's brighter than the old spot and throws the light really evenly. The flickering flame on the back makes the wire form shimmer. It uses his Lolly board so it can sense switch hits and change the color of the flame on the back.

IMG_0977 (resized).jpegIMG_0977 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0979 (resized).jpegIMG_0979 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0984 (resized).jpegIMG_0984 (resized).jpeg

#4413 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Sorry but multiple board failures/replacements in addition to several other parts (coils, mosfets etc) is not simple tweaks regardless of skill level.

I've had a Stern that went through 2 MPUs. And you can look at the Node 10 board failures in the Rush thread and find lots of issues. The Batman turntable board had issues.

Early CCs had torn/bubbling decals on the legs (not remotely trivial). Alien has had tongue/ball lock issues. Early GNR playfields were trash (again not remotely trivial).

Stuff happens - it's pinball. The important part is how responsive the manufacturer is to the issues.

#4440 11 months ago

Pics of the lantern in all 4 locations plus an updated video in the lantern mod thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-phantom-lantern-mod/page/6#post-7556276

Great job @stumblor!!!!

#4475 11 months ago

No video, but here are the exact steps for removing the upper playfield:

With playfield lifted, disconnect the 2 blue network cables from the main board and the white 5 pin and white 4 pin plugs (solenoid power) from the z-connectors. Label the blue network cables if they are not already - one is for switches, the other leds.

Clip any wire ties that would prevent the disconnected wires from feeding into the lower playfield cutout.

Lower the playfield.

Remove stone wall from front of upper playfield (2 wood screws).

Remove mystery machine (2 wood screws) and disconnect network cable from inside van.

Remove orange wireform (1 screw).

Remove UPPER purple wireform (1 11/32 nut).

Remove blue wireform (1 11/32 nut).

Remove the large upper playfield plastic (3 5/16 nuts).

Remove 2 square head wood screws on right side of upper playfield now exposed by removing large plastic.

Unplug and remove left spotlight (1 screw and 1 hexpost).

Remove leftmost plastic (3 5/16 nuts) to allow for easier removal of screws in next step.

Remove 2 ¼ wood screws from left woodrail on lower playfield (frees the bracket holding up the left side of upper playfield).

Remove topmost plastic and cut zip tie (3 machine screws).

Remove entrance gate (1 5/16 nut) and plastic post (1 ¼ post screw) – this will allow the guide rail to flex backwards in order to clear the entrance ramp when removing.

Remove 2 entrance ramp screws.

Carefully lift front of upper playfield slightly to separate, then gently pull forward to clear the entrance ramp.

Feed disconnected wires up through lower playfield cutout and you should be free!

#4755 11 months ago
Quoted from Frito539:

Is there a way to just lift the front of the upper playfield to get to the bookcase flipper assembly without removing the entire playfield?

You can lift it a little after you remove the retention screws, but not a lot as the lip of the ramp at the rear only has so much flex.

You can adjust the flipper angle or put another spring on without removing the playfield, but anything more extensive will require removal.

#4863 11 months ago

I finally got my SD back together after all the lantern testing.

I added precision flippers to all 4 flippers and some accent lighting under the upper playfield.

IMG_1084 (resized).jpegIMG_1084 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1088 (resized).jpegIMG_1088 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1087 (resized).jpegIMG_1087 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1083 (resized).jpegIMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1085 (resized).jpegIMG_1085 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1089 (resized).jpegIMG_1089 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1086 (resized).jpegIMG_1086 (resized).jpeg

#4869 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Damn that looks great and really accents that dark area. You know you have to share what you did now. Surprised Lermods doesn’t have something for this as they are my go to for these kinds add ons.
Btw how did the precision install go. Was the upper playfield change a massive pain as I expect? And did they make any difference to you. You are the first person I know of that put precisions in Scooby.

Thanks! Yes - the precisions were a massive pain because of the bookcase flipper. I had to use a solid precision for the upper left and drill/tap mounting holes for the bookcase (in addition to shaving the mounting slot in the bookcase itself to accommodate).

Quoted from ls1chris:

lighting is great, what did you use for that??

I just used Comet Matrix - blue and green 1 pad SMDs on the 4 left paths (taped to the clear shields above with led pointed down) and a 6 led pad stuck to the underside of the ball lock mech behind the right spinner. It required 2 3 way splitters and a couple of extensions. I had the upper playfield off, but I think it would be possible to mount the LEDs without taking off the upper playfield (just remove the stone wall face). I stole 5V from the coin door LEDs, but there's a couple other 5V spots that are easy to get to as well.

#4873 11 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What other areas have 5v? I have some lighting plans too. Thanks in advance.

There was another 5V lead coming off the power board but I didn't follow it to see where it went. There's also an unused 5V/12v output on the power board - you just need to fashion a 2 pin .156 header (or use the blank 4 pin header that's plugged into the unused output).

And you could tap off the 5/12 PSU too.

#4878 11 months ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Yeah I agree this looks amazing. Great work Damonator
How did you do the tie in to the door LEDs? This will be my first Scooby game and won't be getting in for a fews months so haven't seen the coin door back. Did you use the Comet bulb insert connector or alligator clips?

I actually disconnected mine temporarily and made an IDC to JST connector, but using one of the quick connect 555s would be the best route:

IMG_1091 (resized).jpegIMG_1091 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#5180 11 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

just not finished yet like Bond

Bond has the most unfinished code of any game in recent memory.

#5335 11 months ago

I need longer scenes/more fanfare when I actually unmask those mofo villains!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.