IMG_2817 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 135.
#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I've done the 6 ball trough. It's not too bad

Agreed: it's not that much work, just taking the trough out, doing some (easy) soldering and connecting and of course reading the instructions. Well...you should do that last thing first actually
It worked the first time I rested it.

#5652 1 year ago

The 6-ball trough is pretty easy to install if you've got typical pinball maintenance skills. I got a couple new boards from Planetary just so I'd still have the originals, and hooking it all up was pretty easy. Best to have a tool to insert the wire in the small IDC connectors at both ends, but I got by with a small screwdriver and being very careful pushing the wires down in the connector pins.

Worked perfectly with the RGB saucer kit too.

#5653 1 year ago

I have a question for Applejuice: Why does version v2.22 have this added?
System - Reverted to original v1.5 Sound File
Was it because there was a problem with sounds on the earlier revisions?
Also, is there a 6 ball multi-ball mod since there are 6 balls in the trough? I can't seem to read anything about this on the game revisions.
Thanks.

#5654 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I have a question for Applejuice: Why does version v2.22 have this added?
System - Reverted to original v1.5 Sound File
Was it because there was a problem with sounds on the earlier revisions?

Also, is there a 6 ball multi-ball mod since there are 6 balls in the trough? I can't seem to read anything about this on the game revisions.
Thanks.

#5655 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Thanks.

No specific mode but you can "'add a ball" on all multiball modes by having stroke of luck lit and getting a ball in there. Same as it does with a 4 ball trough, you can just get up to 6 now.

#5656 1 year ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Honestly, do you know what would be fun? If we scheduled a group project over video chat, so we all do it together! We can trouble shoot, curse and celebrate together when we all get it going. I'm seriously game for something like that!

That would be cool actually - I mean, better to have a scheduled time to get it done vs “I’ll get to it eventually.” Haha

#5657 1 year ago

No specific mode but you can "'add a ball" on all multiball modes by having stroke of luck lit and getting a ball in there. Same as it does with a 4 ball trough, you can just get up to 6 now.

Oh WOW! That's cool.
Thanks for explaining.

#5658 1 year ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Plugged in the NIB RFM for the first time in 23 years and it fired right up. Only 3 lights are out after being stored for 2+ decades - not too bad (opto open message is due to no balls in the trough).
Next up:
1) The VGA amplifier mod arrived - need to look into making a new harness vs. hacking up this one.
2) Figure out how to update the code to Applesauce's (v1.2 out of the box).
3) Still on the fence with LEDs.
4) Wax the playfield and remove dust from every nook and cranny on the playfield.
Thanks to everyone on what to check prior to firing it up for the first time. Truly a time capsule.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If no one’s mentioned it. Replace the battery in the prism card!

#5659 1 year ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Honestly, do you know what would be fun? If we scheduled a group project over video chat, so we all do it together! We can trouble shoot, curse and celebrate together when we all get it going. I'm seriously game for something like that!

That actually sounds awesome! I have one in order that hasn’t arrived yet. I’ll let you know when mine is here. Maybe we can arrange it.

#5660 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Thanks.

Let me explain little more as its not just a single change..

There are various modes that become a higher ball count when you have the 6 ball upgrade.

Midnight Madness becomes 6 ball (from std 4)
Mothership Multiball becomes 5 ball (from std 3)
Add-a-ball goes to 6 on all Multiballs (Martian, Saucer, Bonus etc)

#5661 1 year ago

Thanks for the info Applejuice.
I'd like to change the batteries on the CPU and Prisme card but I don't want to lose my high scores.
Can I change them while the game is on?

#5662 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I'd like to change the batteries on the CPU and Prisme card but I don't want to lose my high scores.
Can I change them while the game is on?

The prism card has to be removed from the game and then the 2 pieces must be separated to get to the battery, so you won't be able to do that one with the game on.

#5663 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The prism card has to be removed from the game and then the 2 pieces must be separated to get to the battery, so you won't be able to do that one with the game on.

Yeah, I remembered that after posting.......
So I'll lose all of the high scores, right?

#5664 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Yeah, I remembered that after posting.......
So I'll lose all of the high scores, right?

It kept my high scores when I changed it.

1 week later
#5665 1 year ago

Dang it.
Went to buy myself the new translite and looks like they are sold out!
Do they do new runs or is it a gone forever type of thing?

#5666 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Dang it.

They do new runs because it was sold out a month ago as well and there was a new run about a week after. they just sell very quickly and I think they can't keep up with the demand.

#5667 1 year ago

Dang it.

Was this the 3D lenticular one, or the regular version?

#5668 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

It kept my high scores when I changed it.

Thanks.

#5669 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Was this the 3D lenticular one, or the regular version?

Regular

#5670 1 year ago

You can get one here:
ebay.com link: itm
Edit:
I bought from this guy last year but I just noticed that he does'nt ship to Canada anymore.

#5671 1 year ago

Just found another Ebay seller who ships to Canada.

#5672 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

You can get one here:
Edit:
I bought from this guy last year but I just noticed that he does'nt ship to Canada anymore.

I believe Canuck_pinhead is talking about this new piece from Brian Allen.

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/revenge-from-mars-alternate-translite/

#5673 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe Canuck_pinhead is talking about this new piece from Brian Allen.
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/revenge-from-mars-alternate-translite/

Thanks for the heads up.
Then, back to my first post: They do new runs because it was sold out a month ago as well and there was a new run about a week after. they just sell very quickly and I think they can't keep up with the demand.

#5674 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Thanks for the heads up.
Then, back to my first post: They do new runs because it was sold out a month ago as well and there was a new run about a week after. they just sell very quickly and I think they can't keep up with the demand.

I'll keep an eye out.
Trying to make it the nicest RFM out there! lol

Thinking about making some changes to the armor... perhaps martian green... Not sure yet.

#5675 1 year ago

I'll keep an eye out.
Trying to make it the nicest RFM out there! lol
Thinking about making some changes to the armor... perhaps martian green... Not sure yet.

Green should look great.
Here's a topper I made for mine.
I've got both Pin2000 games for one cabinet:
IMG_9306 (resized).JPGIMG_9306 (resized).JPGIMG_9307 (resized).JPGIMG_9307 (resized).JPG

#5676 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Green should look great.
Here's a topper I made for mine.
I've got both Pin2000 games for one cabinet:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Which gets more play?
I already did the T mold in green which looks great.
Thinking legs in green to match and maybe lock bar and metal moldings/speaker around the translite.

#5677 1 year ago

Nice. Which gets more play?
I already did the T mold in green which looks great.
Thinking legs in green to match and maybe lock bar and metal moldings/speaker around the translite.

They both get as much play....I love them both, RFM is fun, funny and deeper, but SWEP1 is fast and furious and is'nt easy to get to the JEDI spirit combat, I only got close twice, never got to it....
Do you want to powder coat those metal parts? I think it would look great, according to my imagination of course.

#5678 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

They both get as much play....I love them both, RFM is fun, funny and deeper, but SWEP1 is fast and furious and is'nt easy to get to the JEDI spirit combat, I only got close twice, never got to it....
Do you want to powder coat those metal parts? I think it would look great, according to my imagination of course.

Ya... powder coat for sure

#5679 1 year ago

Question for those that installed 6 ball trough.

I installed mine and I now get three balls for every ball.

I tried reseatting the connections and nothing.

In set up menu I enabled 6 ball trough.

The opto boards are brand new 6 ball trough optos (as I don't trust me soldering skills).

Anything I missed??

#5680 1 year ago

The opto boards are brand new 6 ball trough optos (as I don't trust me soldering skills).
Anything I missed??

Have you added the extra wiring to the trough boards connectors correctly as per the instructions? Pics of how you have it installed would be useful.

#5681 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Have you added the extra wiring to the trough boards connectors correctly as per the instructions? Pics of how you have it installed would be useful.

16699191170043446948960487886084 (resized).jpg16699191170043446948960487886084 (resized).jpg16699191357963152766907379261763 (resized).jpg16699191357963152766907379261763 (resized).jpg1669919149066524957613895469201 (resized).jpg1669919149066524957613895469201 (resized).jpg
#5682 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The black cable wires look like they are not punched down enough in their connector - no continuity.

#5683 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

The black cable wires look like they are not punched down enough in their connector - no continuity.

Not done them before.
Best way/tool to push them in?

#5684 1 year ago

Not done them before.
Best way/tool to push them in?

You need the right tool for the job.

https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=13-3504

#5686 1 year ago

How's these ones different from the one you linked, other than the price?

#5687 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

How's these ones different from the one you linked, other than the price?

Buying the correct molex part means it works correctly first time and doesn’t cause frustration, broken parts, bad connections and wondering why your upgrade isn’t working.. those things are cheap for a reason..

#5688 1 year ago

Anything I missed??

I had this issue a few weeks ago.
Just cleaned the optos.
And it worked again.
For the cable installation :
You can push the cables down with a small screw driver it works fine.
Then check the continuity to be sure the cables are right installed.

#5689 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt08:You can push the cables down with a small screw driver it works fine.

Bad advice. Use the proper punch down tool. While a screwdriver works in a pinch, the proper tool is the correct way to go

#5690 1 year ago

I personally refuse to pay that for something that should be a few bucks, and I'll use once. I own the "proper tool" for the larger connectors (came free inside the head of a pin I bought ). A small flat head screwdriver works fine in this application.

#5691 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Bad advice. Use the proper punch down tool. While a screwdriver works in a pinch, the proper tool is the correct way to go

I agree, I recommend against that. I screwed mine up and ended up putting in new molex connectors.

#5692 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I personally refuse to pay that for something that should be a few bucks, and I'll use once.

Except for an IDC punch down tool which is used EVERYWHERE on most modern machines... using it once seems unlikely.
Unless your the type of person who replaces IDC connectors with crimp-on connectors. No judgement; I do it.

#5693 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

If you do it with care, it works perfectly.
Don't have to be a bulldozer

#5694 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I personally refuse to pay that for something that should be a few bucks, and I'll use once. I own the "proper tool" for the larger connectors (came free inside the head of a pin I bought ). A small flat head screwdriver works fine in this application.

Of course if you want to change all connectors of your pinball, buy it.
For once, the flat screwdriver is ok.
Thank you for supporting my advice

#5695 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Except for an IDC punch down tool which is used EVERYWHERE on most modern machines... using it once seems unlikely.
Unless your the type of person who replaces IDC connectors with crimp-on connectors. No judgement; I do it.

I've used the size I own often, I've never needed the size tool needed for the six ball mod, so I'll stick to that deadly screwdriver

#5696 1 year ago

Working.

Used a cheaper option off Amazon.

Worked effortlessly.

#5698 1 year ago

Came across this online....

Can't get it to do anything though.

Anyone else try this before?

Screenshot_20221203-074426_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221203-074426_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#5699 1 year ago

I believe that last one should actually be "1R" and not "1L". So "3R, 1L, 1R". That's how it is on WPC95 games at least. The last alternate single press is used to indicate that you're "finished" entering. (Both is how you tell the game "okay, I'm starting".)

#5700 1 year ago

Working.
Used a cheaper option off Amazon.
Worked effortlessly.

Curious, which one? Maybe I'll add it to my collection as to avoid the, "Your not using the right tool!" Mafia...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/114?hl=pete_d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.