IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (6 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theclownpuncher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5143 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Ok, thanks. I’ll keep it 1.5 then.
Well that might be true, but nothing that I’m interested in.

You should absolutely upgrade to the Applejuice code. Lots to it and certainly worth it.

BTW, the blue LED's look awesome.

3 weeks later
#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

[quoted image]All you need is the loom to install a shaker/knocker. I use a Stern Sam revision B shaker and Data East knocker.

Did you have to modify it at all or was it plug and play with the loom?

I looked into it when I purchased the 6 ball but got confused on which motors needed a diode installed and which didn't, etc. so I didn't do it.

1 month later
#5266 2 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

To be clear though, that only fixed that it was dead after I took the computer out to reseat everything. It didn't solve the scrambled screen. Magic apparently fixed that.

Or reseating the cards fixed it.

1 week later
#5307 1 year ago

Can someone post a pic of where/how you installed the diode on the shaker? for some reason, I just can't picture in my mind how it's mounted.

#5314 1 year ago

Thanks to all for the pictures and clarification. I appreciate it.

1 month later
#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

There are USB to Null modem cables you can get.
amazon.com link »

Be careful with the ones off Amazon if you're using a Mac. I got one for my Mac and now that Apple has updated the OS, there are no drivers for it. Now I either have to buy another license from Applejuice for a Windows machine or another cable.

1 month later
#5477 1 year ago

Asked this over in the playfield restoration thread but figured I'd post it here as well.

I have an RFM playfield with a broken insert where about 1/3 of it fell out (the clear is still intact) and I'm thinking about to options to fix it.

I'm thinking the safest way would be for me to flip the playfield, insert the broken piece back into the hole and add a bit of clear epoxy to solidify it.

Option 2 would be to try to remove the insert without breaking the clear (not likely) and inserting a new insert.

Final option would be to cut it out and replace it, as well as a few others that have melting issues from old lamps, and then put an overlay on it.

If I end up going the overlay route, does anyone have any experience with Pinball Center overlays? Curious if they are any good and if I should put a playfield protector over the overlay. Any advice would be appreciated.

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You won't be able to buy from pinball.center.
They will not ship to the USA

Really!?! WTF is with that? Wonder if they'll ship to an APO/FPO.

#5490 1 year ago

So I've had the 6 ball trough kit sitting for a bit.
Got scared off by the need for soldering the optos.
How difficult for a beginner is that?

It's not as hard as repairing a trace run on a board but not as easy as soldering in a coil.

Take your time and read the directions it's not hard. The holes are already there, I just sucked the solder out of them, put the diodes in per the directions (and their shape will match the drawing on the board) bent the pins to hold them tight in place, flowed a small amount of solder with some flux to make sure it flowed into the hole in the board, clipped the excess diode wire and was done.

Just don't use a huge glob of solder and make sure it doesn't run over into other areas of the board and make sure the diode is "tight" against the board. It should look like the others but probably not as pretty.

1 month later
#5534 1 year ago

Anyone have a lead on a NOS playfield? I'm looking for one.

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

I've been looking for quite some time with no luck. If you find a supplier, I'd love to hear about it.

Best I've found is an overlay from Pinball Center. Decent price now that the euro has taken a dump but still have to go through a mail forwarding service since they don't ship to the US. I'll probably go that route eventually.

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

It's a bug that never was fixed. Mine from time to time does it as well.

Install the mypinballs code and you won't have the issue.

#5548 1 year ago

Nope.
Still happens with new code.

Wow, that sucks. I guess I've just been lucky and have never had it happen (knock on wood)

1 week later
#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Looked for 2 years without luck. These weren't high production games and the last at Williams, so there probably aren't any left, unfortunately.

I contacted CPR about it, hoping they could have/get access to the digital art as it and SW are the most recent games. They said they were working on something "keep checking" Perhaps if more sent requests they would see demand and get one going.

3 weeks later
#5626 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I've got a question:When Martian Happy Hour mod appears, is the scoop suppose to make a martian spin (the one right beside the scoop) ?
I never noticed until now that the scoop does this........

Pretty sure it's going up the capture lane that makes the martian spin, not the scoop.

#5629 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

By the way, thanks for the precision. you helped me find the problem.
The problem was that both, the scoop and capture lane, made the martian spin, it was pretty confusing..... and I still don't understand why the reed switch acted like that when the ball ejected from the scoop, but now it's solved.

Thats cool you figured it out. I'm not sure about the reed switches either. My capture lane doesn't register all the time, I don't know if I should get new reed switches or not. I know there is a guy on here that builds and sells them but not sure.

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Plugged in the NIB RFM for the first time in 23 years and it fired right up. Only 3 lights are out after being stored for 2+ decades - not too bad (opto open message is due to no balls in the trough).
Next up:
1) The VGA amplifier mod arrived - need to look into making a new harness vs. hacking up this one.
2) Figure out how to update the code to Applesauce's (v1.2 out of the box).
3) Still on the fence with LEDs.
4) Wax the playfield and remove dust from every nook and cranny on the playfield.
Thanks to everyone on what to check prior to firing it up for the first time. Truly a time capsule.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful game!!! Get a cliffy's on that scoop hole ASAP.

I'd fill out and send the warranty card in and put "start making new pinball machines" under things they can improve. LOL

1 week later
#5650 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Has anyone here installed the knocker, shaker and the 6 ball trough kit from applejuice?
How big a job is it?
I'm planning to maybe do the total update this winter.
Thanks.

I've done the 6 ball trough. It's not too bad although I did have one LED that wasn't working so I had to order another one from Marco and install it.

Overall, if you can do basic soldering, you can do it pretty easily. There is also someone that sells new PCB's with 7 optos, can't remember who it is though. That was my back up. If I screwed up installing them on my boards I was going to order those.

*** Edit, it's Planetary Pinball who has the 7 opto boards.***

The knocker and shaker I haven't done yet but it's pretty much just a harness and a diode. (aside from mounting the knocker and shaker motor)

#5655 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Also, is there a 6 ball multi-ball mod since there are 6 balls in the trough? I can't seem to read anything about this on the game revisions.
Thanks.

No specific mode but you can "'add a ball" on all multiball modes by having stroke of luck lit and getting a ball in there. Same as it does with a 4 ball trough, you can just get up to 6 now.

2 weeks later
#5691 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Bad advice. Use the proper punch down tool. While a screwdriver works in a pinch, the proper tool is the correct way to go

I agree, I recommend against that. I screwed mine up and ended up putting in new molex connectors.

2 months later
#5803 1 year ago

Now if we could just get someone like CPR to repro the playfield I'd be set.

1 week later
#5814 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Thanks, yes I can do it as I’m a big strong guy over 6’ but in no hurry. My knee is bad at the moment and I’ve already had 4 hernia ops so it can wait, I’m old enough to know better now lol You are braver than me!
My wife will lift it on with me tomorrow, then I will fire it up and see what needs doing as I didn’t test when I picked it up. The owner passed about 3 years ago and the sale was going to the local hospital from his wife, I did see pics of it powered up though for the sale.
RIP Simon de Mars

Wipe the dust off the top, it will be 5 lbs lighter.

1 month later
#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I got a new Rfm populated playfield that I’m letting go. Selling my SWE1 cab that I bought it for. It only has a few plays. Mint.
I have the original box for shipping.
Selling for $2200 USD. Same price I paid.
Located in New Brunswick Canada.
Richard
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

$2200 Canadian?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theclownpuncher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=theclownpuncher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.