Topic Stats

• 3,933 posts
  • 340 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TazDevl
  • Topic is favorited by 163 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 912 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4B6C9403-C192-4F1C-8DBC-1225ACBC10FE (resized).jpeg
23BF5656-CFF2-4753-91AD-1904DE706FFA (resized).jpeg
RFM Power Driver Board (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 2.42.47 PM (resized).png
yAYJjsSdSBWhbg%h86A65A (resized).jpg
qv2MwlkQTpCvGfdpM2NYCw (resized).jpg
IMG_20200605_153511 (resized).jpg
50F6D790-E996-45C9-9480-375D24461F3A (resized).jpeg
6A5ECC1C-CBFD-461B-BC36-C32171C4001B (resized).jpeg
IMG_6574 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2020-05-22 18.57.01 (resized).png
Screenshot 2020-05-22 19.44.28 (resized).png
Screenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.38 (resized).png
Screenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.12 (resized).png
Screenshot 2020-06-13 10.28.48 (resized).png
Screenshot 2020-06-13 09.17.16 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3933 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 79.
#3901 11 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

drunk flippers is just a setting. You can turn it on and off. It’s just an extra option for people
Secret weapon requires you make all the different move shots to get a saucer light
I suggest looking through the feature and standard adjustments carefully

Hi,

I know its just a setting, I just wanted say, that I cannot really judge anyhow about the reversed flippers modes.....

But how do I know what move shots I already did? How many are left? The coins would me a good indicator, if they can be collected and the remaining ones show, what ramp/switch still needs to be shot....

#3902 11 days ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Can anyone tell me where this two prong connector from the prisim card goes, assuming it connects to the headers on the motherboard ?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Hi,

it needs to be connected to the last 2 pins beside the prism card. See the red arrow

IMG_20200605_153511 (resized).jpg
#3903 11 days ago

The new Pinball 2000 Updater software v1.0 has finished testing and is now released. Download for Mac OS, Windows and /or Linux.

See here https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp or click the picture on the homepage at https://mypinballs.com

If you want to use it, then buy a licence on the download page.

I hope everyone with pin2k games enjoys this new app. It was a lot of work to create

#3904 11 days ago

Also, this

A working 6 ball trough. Coded updated to recognise the upgrade of the trough with its new hardware. Just need to make a neat pcb that will plug onto the existing opto driver board now.

Am testing at the mo and my beta testers will also put it through its paces, but i believe the code will still run with a stock 4 ball trough to. It makes it more complicated to do but we dont want to leave anyone behind just yet.

yAYJjsSdSBWhbg%h86A65A (resized).jpgqv2MwlkQTpCvGfdpM2NYCw (resized).jpg

#3905 11 days ago
Quoted from berni_czerny:

Hi,
it needs to be connected to the last 2 pins beside the prism card. See the red arrow [quoted image]

Mine has a different mother board in it than what yours does, mine is the brown / gold colored board, my reset pins are located 5 rows up from the edge.

#3906 11 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also, this
A working 6 ball trough. Coded updated to recognise the upgrade of the trough with its new hardware. Just need to make a neat pcb that will plug onto the existing opto driver board now.
Am testing at the mo and my beta testers will also put it through its paces, but i believe the code will still run with a stock 4 ball trough to. It makes it more complicated to do but we dont want to leave anyone behind just yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#3907 11 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Also, this
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, you're crazy in the coolest way!
Love the work you do

#3908 6 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The new Pinball 2000 Updater software v1.0 has finished testing and is now released. Download for Mac OS, Windows and /or Linux.
See here https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp or click the picture on the homepage at https://mypinballs.com
If you want to use it, then buy a licence on the download page.
I hope everyone with pin2k games enjoys this new app. It was a lot of work to create

Hi Applejuice,

Thanks for your great work doing updates for the Pin2000 Community.
Bought yesterday via paypal a license for the Updater.
How do I receive the License Number?

Thanks for a short answer.
Jürgen

Update:
Jim contacted me via Mail. License Number received.
Thanks

#3909 6 days ago

Applejuice: just put of curiosity - did you also do something to the internal workings, e.g. coil power etc.? Before the update, on my machine it was pure luck if the ball made it all the way up to the bumpers or even all around for the super skillshot. After the update, I noticed no more problems in regards to this w/o having done anything else apart from the update. Nice side effect!

#3910 5 days ago

Finally received my cables from AppleJuice (slow shipping from the UK these days) and ready to update - MyPinballs.com DOWN, beta software link DOWN. Figures on my day off the website takes a break too

#3911 5 days ago

It has been going down everyday around this time. It will be back up in a couple of hours.

#3912 5 days ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Finally received my cables from AppleJuice (slow shipping from the UK these days) and ready to update - MyPinballs.com DOWN, beta software link DOWN. Figures on my day off the website takes a break too

Back up around an hour ago. Sorry about that, will need to investigate a router issue when i get a minute. Also, for info the summary instruction sheet on the software page is updated to include a quick start guide now to:

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

#3913 5 days ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

Applejuice: just put of curiosity - did you also do something to the internal workings, e.g. coil power etc.? Before the update, on my machine it was pure luck if the ball made it all the way up to the bumpers or even all around for the super skillshot. After the update, I noticed no more problems in regards to this w/o having done anything else apart from the update. Nice side effect!

Lots of things were improved around the autolaunch logic, ball save etc. I'd need to check to see if any changes effected the coil pulses directly. My game seems the same coil strength wise on the autolaunch.

#3914 5 days ago

Thanks. Just paid for my license and sent email for my key. Psyched to get my P2K updated.

#3915 5 days ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. Just paid for my license and sent email for my key. Psyched to get my P2K updated.

Another mac user if i remember correctly so look forward to seeing your game updated Key emailed over.

#3916 5 days ago

Thanks. I keep getting an error when I try to update. Looks like no update is downloaded when I open the app, so the app isn't finding the file it's looking for.

EDIT - Ahh- my mistake. I thought the app would download the update file. I downloaded the update file from your website and it appears to be updating now.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 2.42.47 PM (resized).png
#3917 5 days ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. I keep getting an error when I try to update. Looks like no update is downloaded when I open the app, so the app isn't finding the file it's looking for.
EDIT - Ahh- my mistake. I thought the app would download the update file. I downloaded the update file from your website and it appears to be updating now.[quoted image]

Yes you add update files to your local Pinball2000 folder which is created when the app first runs. There is no auto download of updates as you can include any updates you like from the first WMS ones all the way up to my latest ones. Plus swep1, wb are also supported

I will look at why the error popped up with no updates available as that should be handled.

Sounds like your game should be updated now though. Also remember you can view, edit the display audit list and print your games audits to

#3918 5 days ago

Yes, updated flawlessly after I added the update file. Took approx 8 min (just to set expectations).

#3919 4 days ago

Trying to run the updater right now, I keep getting a "nilobjectexception was not handled" error immediately and the program shuts down. Which is weird, because I got it to load and I entered the license info before this started happening, but I didn't have the update files in the right place. I tried deleting everything and starting over and now always get the same error message.

#3920 4 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Trying to run the updater right now, I keep getting a "nilobjectexception was not handled" error immediately and the program shuts down. Which is weird, because I got it to load and I entered the license info before this started happening, but I didn't have the update files in the right place. I tried deleting everything and starting over and now always get the same error message.

Replied to your pm asking for some pics to get a better idea of your issue. Most likely you haven’t copied the update files to your Pinball2000 folder correctly or you expanded them. You just need the .exe update files in the folder and the app will do the rest.

#3921 4 days ago

Ok I got everything fixed and working 100% and have to say loving this pin. Actually the first time I played a fully working RFM.
I do have a head scratcher, I am thinking of getting the shaker loom and motor soon to add to my pin. I was looking at the install guide and it shows the loom on J11 with the main pin harness on J10. When I purchased my pin the main harness is plugged into J11 on the Power Driver Board and double checked my pictures before I pulled the board and confirmed I got the pin this way. Also I have three plugged into J06, 08, 09 nothing in J07. I see on the install doc J06 is not used and J07, 08, 09 are used. Everything is working as it should. The only thing off is in a light test the two lower spot lamps are backwards in the test. When it blinks the left spot the right flashes and vis versa.

Here is a picture of mine the way it's hooked up now. Are those just redundant backups?
RFM Power Driver Board (resized).jpg

#3922 4 days ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Ok I got everything fixed and working 100% and have to say loving this pin. Actually the first time I played a fully working RFM.
I do have a head scratcher, I am thinking of getting the shaker loom and motor soon to add to my pin. I was looking at the install guide and it shows the loom on J11 with the main pin harness on J10. When I purchased my pin the main harness is plugged into J11 on the Power Driver Board and double checked my pictures before I pulled the board and confirmed I got the pin this way. Also I have three plugged into J06, 08, 09 nothing in J07. I see on the install doc J06 is not used and J07, 08, 09 are used. Everything is working as it should. The only thing off is in a light test the two lower spot lamps are backwards in the test. When it blinks the left spot the right flashes and vis versa.
Here is a picture of mine the way it's hooked up now. Are those just redundant backups?
[quoted image]

Use J10, mine is the same way.

#3923 4 days ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Use J10, mine is the same way.

Thanks!

#3924 4 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Replied to your pm asking for some pics to get a better idea of your issue. Most likely you haven’t copied the update files to your Pinball2000 folder correctly or you expanded them. You just need the .exe update files in the folder and the app will do the rest.

That was it! Had to change a Com port setting too, but I got it running and it's currently updating my RFM. Thanks so much!

#3925 4 days ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

[quoted image]

J110 and j111 are the same pin out so it doesn’t matter. However if you want it to match the original manual and our instructions. Use j110 for the main game plug and j111 for our extra connection

#3926 2 days ago

I keep getting this image.

23BF5656-CFF2-4753-91AD-1904DE706FFA (resized).jpeg
#3927 2 days ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I keep getting this image.
[quoted image]

I’ve been having this same problem for a couple of days now. The program is fine on my pc with windows 10 but as soon as I load it on my laptop with windows 10 it immediately throws an error and closes down.

4B6C9403-C192-4F1C-8DBC-1225ACBC10FE (resized).jpeg
#3928 2 days ago

As i've said in private emails and post #3294 , you need to make sure there are no .rom files expanded in your Pinball2000 folder, just the update .exe files.

#3929 2 days ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I’ve been having this same problem for a couple of days now. The program is fine on my pc with windows 10 but as soon as I load it on my laptop with windows 10 it immediately throws an error and closes down.
[quoted image]

I would check whats in your local user Documents/Pinball2000 folder and post an image here or via pm. I will update the application to ignore expanded .rom files in the next application update.

#3930 2 days ago

I have no doubts this works. I’m concerned I didn’t have it set up correctly and then the whole game reset to game code 0.1. Mine i believe is user error not programmer error.

#3931 2 days ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I have no doubts this works. I’m concerned I didn’t have it set up correctly and then the whole game reset to game code 0.1. Mine i believe is user error not programmer error.

Your issue looks like a comm port setup issue to me with whatever serial device you are using, as the image shows the connection button as 'disconnect' meaning you pressed connect before the issue occurred, but you've got no game information from the connection showing. I think i mentioned this in direct emails.

What type of serial device are you using? We supply tested leads with specific driver free chipsets to help solve this type of issue.

If you want to try and get your existing device working, post a pic of what the port settings of it are , or check in the quick start guide here:

https://www.mypinballs.com/files/pin2k/pin2k_updater_instructions_summary.pdf

that your settings match. Windows is picky about the settings used. Mac OSX isn't as bad for this.

#3932 2 days ago

Installing and running the updater I had two problems which it seems like other people are experiencing:

-My Windows laptop has 3 usb ports, with the cable plugged in I had to go into Device Manager, choose COM ports, and change the port it was plugged into to COM Port 1 (it was in COM Port 3). You can either do this in the settings or by plugging it into your various USB ports until you find it on Port 1.
-I unzipped/doublclicked the RFM rom file in the documents/Pinball2000 directory, which you shouldn't do. You can just delete the unzipped files and keep the original one there.

Once I resolved these two minor problems, the install went really smoothly. And this update is awesome, I highly recommend it! Not sure I can master drunk flippers, I liked that it was off by default, but I've played a little with it to try it out. Haven't tried the party and midnight madness modes yet. Love the new attract modes! Really a nice upgrade, the graphics somehow look better too? Maybe because of the expanded color palette? Thanks so much Applejuice!

#3933 1 day ago

Also, on the pin side of the connection, check what I wrote in post #3844 (please note that the COM1 stuff below refers to the computer in the pin):

Quoted from TazDevl:

If it doesn’t work on the serial port in the coin door, try connecting it directly to the PC. If needs to communicate to Port 1, if plugging in directly to the computer it is possible that the cable on the motherboard is not plugged into COM1. In that case, simply plug it into the correct port (Pin needs to be switched off for that!).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Boards
PCB Emporium
There are 3933 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside