IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (6 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (5 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3389 4 years ago

Hi all, new RFM owner!

I’ve got a wire that popped out of one of the connections in the back of the playfield, and I don’t have whatever piece crimps to the end. Can any one identify what I need from the pic?

33015AD6-581D-4F41-B5E6-76109FF9C66F (resized).jpeg33015AD6-581D-4F41-B5E6-76109FF9C66F (resized).jpeg
#3394 4 years ago

My bad, should have clarified, the connector is good, I nor sure what metal piece I need to crimp onto the end of the blue wire to put it back in there. I’m assuming it’s not the same as the molex connectors on backbox boards. I’ve never done these main terminals before.

1 week later
#3414 4 years ago

Got my first RFM, and have been looking up what I need to do, including looking at the game code updates ... anyone else running v0.1??? Hahaha

8EC8E9E5-82F4-451B-AE62-69C8990470BB (resized).jpeg8EC8E9E5-82F4-451B-AE62-69C8990470BB (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#3996 3 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Green bulbs under the red ramps, the ramps cancel out the direct light of the green bulb

Have pictures of this? Would be interested in seeing how that looks. I left the back as incandescent.

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

So all these posts for this game and no good advice for led’s? Do led’s for the under playfield switched lamps make the game too bright or is it ok? Leave GI incandescent ? Trying to find some good advice .

I did all LED under the playfield, no worries there. The front half of the GI I did LED and left the back half incandescent. Worked for me, but interested in looking into the green LEDs in the back.

4 months later
#4260 3 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

I'm thinking of adding a light to the upper-right playfield where it is a bit dark. Has anyone added one next to this martian? If so, what did you attach it to?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Might not be what you’re looking for, but taking cues from my Spiderman, I put in some spotlights to shine on the martians and send some light across the playfield. I originally pointed them directly at the martians for brightness there and into the corner, but 1) then the middle of the playfield was super dark and 2) it kept the top where the screen needs to reflect darker as well.

Spotlights sit next to the saucers , attached through the ramp on the slings.

73CE5355-4DD8-45DC-9757-31ED99339704 (resized).jpeg73CE5355-4DD8-45DC-9757-31ED99339704 (resized).jpegDED39788-6234-4D0B-BC71-4BC349307761 (resized).jpegDED39788-6234-4D0B-BC71-4BC349307761 (resized).jpegE8B1ACFF-AB77-4676-87AF-6B449D10F351 (resized).jpegE8B1ACFF-AB77-4676-87AF-6B449D10F351 (resized).jpeg
#4263 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

On all of the RFMs I've seen, there are already spotlights there. They are elevated a bit though (with a hex post).

Oh really? And here I thought I was being clever haha. Yes, I have had it in mind to add a post to pick them up a bit higher.

1 month later
#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

My game runs version 1.1
[quoted image]

When I got mine it was running v0.1 haha

The updates are amazing! I need to get the latest now that I think about it

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Wow did you have a proto/early game? Do these even exist for RFM?
I need the latest update too, now to find out how to do it

Welcome! I joined 2 days ago, great game

Haha - that’s what I was wondering too, half of the modes or more didn’t even work!

#4395 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If the on-board battery dies(or is replaced) on the PRISM daughter board that's the version you end up with.
As far as updating you can download the current roms from PPS. To update through the COM port as designed you will need to get the software from mypinballs.com which works on current computers. Otherwise the Wms software needs to run on an old Win95 laptop from 20 years ago....
However if you are going to update might as well get the awesome roms from mypinballs.com as well. it's on v2.22 right now with the next version in beta testing. Adds many things and makes the game more balanced.

Question on this - last time I updated was with an old laptop that only worked if I held the power core juuuust right the whole time it was in the updating process. I’m on v2.20. Do I need to update RFM again with an old laptop before I can start updating with a newer laptop?

5 months later
#4714 2 years ago

FIXED: Of course I went sniffing around all solonoids and luckily I found a bulb socked no longer attached to the playfield way over by the right side Martian. That was hitting the log and blowing the fuse. Love it when it’s easy!

Hey all, I’m blowing the F101 fuse, happens right in start up. trying to figure out what solenoid(s) to look at. The fuse indicates one solenoid while the “light” indicates another.
DA337AD6-8345-4A5A-A87A-2E46471415A4 (resized).jpegDA337AD6-8345-4A5A-A87A-2E46471415A4 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#4795 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sneak Peek of some new things coming for v2.24. Got a new graphics guy with some serious talent working with me to help realise some new ideas
London is back!
[quoted image]
New full screen font graphics in keeping with mode start graphics
[quoted image]
*Please note anything shared here is just work in progress and not final.

Whoa, that’s super cool!

3 weeks later
#4855 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

Almost done with the topper. Nothing fancy. I purchased the one on Etsy meant for Arcade1up Attack from Mars. It’s just a couple of sheets of plexiglass, but it looks nice. The only issue being that it’s back lit by a single white led strip. I can do better than that.
I back lit it with my own white LED strip connected to the coin door.
I added a green LED strip in front to light the martian also connected to the coin door.
There are two red LED strips to light the cityscape from the front. They are connected to the Stroke of Luck.
The four saucers are connected to the capture lights.
The saucers beams are connected to the roll over lights.
The eyes are LED PCB's connected to the martians eyes of course.
So they all flash in time with the playfield. During a game the beam lights change as you hit the flippers to change the Drain O Beam and the roll overs.
It all works. Just needs some minor adjustment of some of the bulbs and clean up the wiring.
[quoted image]

Wait … your saucers in the playfield are roaming!!!??? That’s awesome!

#4856 2 years ago

Just added lighted flippers to the game. Was a tough install to keep the wires out of the way. The only issue is the right one flashes with the playfield lights, the left one stays lit all the time. Ah well though I guess, really only noticeable during attract mode.

0CD1E9A7-8AB0-4536-9247-50C163E48E57 (resized).jpeg0CD1E9A7-8AB0-4536-9247-50C163E48E57 (resized).jpegD0A140EC-9F93-4AEE-97FC-FA2851657AFE (resized).jpegD0A140EC-9F93-4AEE-97FC-FA2851657AFE (resized).jpegD83A99DC-F2A6-41A8-957C-8311ADD61AB6 (resized).jpegD83A99DC-F2A6-41A8-957C-8311ADD61AB6 (resized).jpeg
#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

Here is both saucers with the glass off.

so dang cool!

1 month later
#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'll say again this is great, brilliant work and its also great to see other original pin2k dev work going on
So what is the problem with the DCS2 emulation? Just a thought, but can't you use the source and emulation already in mame from the williams Zeus arcade hardware stuff? I think they use the dcs2 hardware aswell. Both hardware was around 1999. Interested to hear the journey

I’m a fan of all of this convo going on. I can’t follow any of it, but I like it!!! Haha

#4951 2 years ago
Quoted from G35R6:

I agree with this 100%!
I recently picked up a HUO RFM from the original owner in original condition. I'm terrified of upgrading anything and don't know what I'll do if I go to turn it on someday and it doesn't boot up. I doubt I'll ever update anything unless it's broken.
You might as well be writing this in Chinese - but I love it.

Haha - I just know I will buy and update whatever applejuice comes up with. The work is phenomenal even though to date I’ve only upgraded the software. Remedying that soon, getting ready to buy the 6-ball mod and shaker

#4963 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sneak peak. This will be included in the std version. ‘Alien attack at the abandoned amusement park’ sound familiar? Now reality
[quoted image]

Ha - Amazing!

2 months later
#4992 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

So I figured if I can add LEDs to everything in the house (I have an LED addiction) why not make a topper with all my left over stuff. 3D printed the UFOs before I sold my printing gear. Hand panted over transparent green. Tried to model them after the UFOs on the translite. I think it looks pretty decent. I will tie it in to the 12v side of the PC power supply but will have an on off switch on the back in case it's to much while playing. lol Some pics and a quick video. The UFOs are not as bright as the look in the pictures. Tried to add a few elements. The pulsing tractor beam. The flashing laser beam with the fire flickering. And then just a general illumination of the whole diffuser panel with rgb changing led strip inside another diffuser to tone it down more. I think it came out pretty decent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa, that’s awesome!

1 month later
#5117 2 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

1) The code was easy to upgrade (I'm on original hardware)
I used a windows 10 laptop with this cable
It was allot cheaper when I bought it and Amazon could have it to my house by 5pm (Cheaper options available)
amazon.com link »
I bought his software and use it to upgrade my RFM
Friends use this cable or one like it without Mypinballs update software (Plenty of writeups you can find)
2) I have a 10 and 13 year old. They have friends over all the time and they all enjoy it. I would not worry about a difficulty difference and It can be put on easy modes. The kids really like Drunk Flippers.
3) Yes I've done the 6 ball upgrade. I was not difficult. I did cheat a little
Bought 6 Ball Trough's from pinball life instead of having to add optos to the existing 4 ball trough's (Upgrade optos are provided with the kit)
https://www.pinballlife.com/trough-opto-transmitter-receiver-board-set-6-ball-for-williamsbally-pinball-machines.html
Bonus
I also added the shaker using his loom
That is the most notable change and My wife and kids say it makes the game much better. I agree.
I also added his saucer kit for the extra bling

Ooh, there’s a cheat code to adding the 6-ball to the game? I might have to do that!

#5124 2 years ago

Well I finally did it - solid Super Bowl Squares win provided the cash. My first purchase with it is the 6-ball MB and loom for the shaker motor!

#5126 2 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

You wont regret it

Question - what’s the verdict on Video Amplifiers? Looks good without one, but wondering if I should get one anyway. Shows as $23 on Ultimarc, but then checking out it’s $42. So that’s what I’m balking at, is it worth it?

#5129 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Yes, it's crazy what the picture is missing without it. It's definitely a requirement.

Awesome, I’m on it. Thanks guys!

1 month later
#5216 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Got a shipping notice today, so these are finally shipping.

Hi, I totally ordered one too

#5230 2 years ago

Step 1: buy the lamp
Step 2: figure out how to make it the topper

Gotta level it out up top I guess right? And a bit nervous that the clear beam part doesn’t fasten down, just rests up top. I guess no more nudging

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5235 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Mine just sits on top and has been fine for years. I'm not a big pinball nudger so its not been a problem. Sometimes the cow gets tipped over (no pun) but that's it.

What did you do to set it on top? I imagine I need to create a platform for it to sit on that’s level.

7 months later
#5635 1 year ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Plugged in the NIB RFM for the first time in 23 years and it fired right up. Only 3 lights are out after being stored for 2+ decades - not too bad (opto open message is due to no balls in the trough).
Next up:
1) The VGA amplifier mod arrived - need to look into making a new harness vs. hacking up this one.
2) Figure out how to update the code to Applesauce's (v1.2 out of the box).
3) Still on the fence with LEDs.
4) Wax the playfield and remove dust from every nook and cranny on the playfield.
Thanks to everyone on what to check prior to firing it up for the first time. Truly a time capsule.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When you make a harness for the monitor, make me one too! I still haven’t gotten around to it.

#5639 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Who is 'applesauce' ... lol ha ha ha ha , get my name right

Ha, he didn’t go through the juicer to be called “sauce” after all.

1 week later
#5646 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Has anyone here installed the knocker, shaker and the 6 ball trough kit from applejuice?
How big a job is it?
I'm planning to maybe do the total update this winter.
Thanks.

Ha, me too, I have all the parts, just not installed it yet. Winter project, let’s do this!

#5656 1 year ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Honestly, do you know what would be fun? If we scheduled a group project over video chat, so we all do it together! We can trouble shoot, curse and celebrate together when we all get it going. I'm seriously game for something like that!

That would be cool actually - I mean, better to have a scheduled time to get it done vs “I’ll get to it eventually.” Haha

3 weeks later
#5715 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Coming soon, more new features and updates. 3rd Christmas release in a row you lucky pinheads
[quoted image]

I think this means I should update past 2.1 … think lol

#5735 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

RFM owners may want to check my website https://mypinballs.com from Midnight 25th December GMT. A gift may be waiting for you
[quoted image]
Update notes for v2.50
Double Scoring - NEW FEATURE! Awarded from the stoke of luck
Capture Multiball - Now can use smart bombs to add 3 additional balls into play if trough is upgraded
Alien Abduction - Improved the family setting logic for various speech calls. The more dubious calls outs are removed now with the setting on. Before some callouts were still in place regardless.
Bottom Lanes - Improved the family setting logic for various speech calls on drain. The more dubious calls outs are removed now with the setting on. Before some callouts were still in place regardless.
Hurry Up- Improved the family setting logic for various speech calls. The more dubious calls outs are removed now with the setting on. Before some callouts were still in place regardless.
Shaker - Added new adjustment for power percentage to allow fine tuning of intensity for effects
Saving your smart bombs and using them to add extra ball in to play for the main multiball is an interesting idea and i hope you enjoy it, aswell as boring towards achieving double scoring! Also, this marks the 8th consecutive free update for RFM in the last 4 years. If you would like to donate to the software cause, please do so here:
https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp
Merry Xmas
Jim

Awesome! Time to get my shaker and 6-ball equipment installed!!! Haha

#5747 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

WOW! nice backglass maxrpm.
Here's a mod I added to the game, I bought 3 of these on Ebay and asked the seller to make me 1 red, 1 orange and 1 green.
ebay.com link: itm
The camera does'nt make any difference between red and orange but in person it's quite different.
The red saucer is at left and orange at right just like on the playfield saucer beams, I could'nt put the green in the middle so I put it down beside the outlane, all are connected to "Fuel" , "Saucer" and "Weapons" inserts under the playfield.
All saucer are placed accordingly so that they won't get in the way when I lift the playfield and lay it on the backbox.

What the crap, those are awesome!

I just completed the 6ball trough installation and a shaker installation. I don’t know if they work yet because I need to do an update. Next is the monitor amplifier, just made my harness and ready to go. Also trying out some glow in the dark flippers since my lighted flippers broke.

… now I gotta order these saucers …

#5748 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

WOW! nice backglass maxrpm.
Here's a mod I added to the game, I bought 3 of these on Ebay and asked the seller to make me 1 red, 1 orange and 1 green.
ebay.com link: itm
The camera does'nt make any difference between red and orange but in person it's quite different.
The red saucer is at left and orange at right just like on the playfield saucer beams, I could'nt put the green in the middle so I put it down beside the outlane, all are connected to "Fuel" , "Saucer" and "Weapons" inserts under the playfield.
All saucer are placed accordingly so that they won't get in the way when I lift the playfield and lay it on the backbox.

Now that I think about it, this might be an easy 3D print mod for someone to either match the existing saucers or update the existing faucets to match this. Thinking it could even be made using existing saucers and flasher domes with the rest of the beam 3D printed

#5751 1 year ago

For those who have done the Video Amplifier install, I snapped a pic of the current connector and just want to be sure I’m seeing this right.

1) On the opposite side of the RGB, the far side ground has two wires going to it, and
2) the pin next to it that is supposed to be blank and unused has a wire going to it as well.

I’ve been watching videos and googling, not seeing the answer. My monitor is a Samsung, not sure if that matters, but any help would be great!

Question: do I need to worry about either of those things with the new harness?

58494892-7469-4601-881D-02143E0B57BB (resized).jpeg58494892-7469-4601-881D-02143E0B57BB (resized).jpeg
#5753 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

For those who have done the Video Amplifier install, I snapped a pic of the current connector and just want to be sure I’m seeing this right.
1) On the opposite side of the RGB, the far side ground has two wires going to it, and
2) the pin next to it that is supposed to be blank and unused has a wire going to it as well.
I’ve been watching videos and googling, not seeing the answer. My monitor is a Samsung, not sure if that matters, but any help would be great!
Question: do I need to worry about either of those things with the new harness?
[quoted image]

Found a 4-part video on YouTube that showed this stuff. If anyone is looking in the future, those extra wires don’t matter.

Next question: it is working without running the extra 5v wire. Did only some of them need that? Or am I not getting the full amplification.

1 year later
#6613 61 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Well then, what do we have here...
[quoted image]
Its new hardware time!!

I don’t know what this is, but I am excited!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=tictacseth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.