VBATT to RAM (resized).png
VBATT on main board (resized).png
Battery holder daughter board (resized).png
RFM errors (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (4 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (4 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 133.
#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a RFM at Allentown and I can't believe there's no club! What's up with that?!?! Well, no more! Let's show some love for the best of Pin2K!

#2 9 years ago

I spent the day after Allentown cleaning, waxing and LEDing my RFM. Here's a lousy phone pic. I'll post better in the next day or 2.

RFM-01.jpgRFM-01.jpg

#3 9 years ago

the first rule of RFM club is that you don't ask about the RFM club. you will be contacted

#4 9 years ago

I'm in this game is awesome.prices are climbing too

#5 9 years ago

It is an awesome game. I contemplated selling it a few times and recently decided that it will never leave. Mint CQ examples are climbing toward 4k!

#6 9 years ago

After getting mine, I tried playing AFM on the virtual version, and thought it was lacking something. I guess I got used to the holograms and now just watching things on the DMD is weird. Which is fine, because I can't afford an AFM anyway. lol I should be putting LEDs in my RFM this week/weekend after almost 2 years of incandescent. Will post pics.

#7 9 years ago

When replacing with LEDs do you get credit dot?

#8 9 years ago

Proud owner of one I bought NIB. In hindsight, I should have bought CC instead, but I love the P2K concept and RFM was a great first take.

#9 9 years ago

RFM is super fun and also very funny. I bought mine prior to having extensive time in on it, spent way too much restoring it (clearcoated pf and the works), but luckily I enjoy it very much.

#10 9 years ago

I'm in the club. Great game, one of my favorites and I'm glad it is in the collection for me.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

When replacing with LEDs do you get credit dot?

yes, the software does not recognize LEDs (and the lamp test(s) will reflect that all areas replaced with LEDs are 'out')

#12 9 years ago

I saw that machine on Saturday, but it was gone by the time I could get to it. Now I know what happened to it. I one one also, its alot of fun. I picked up some green superbands to install. Shuould have picked up some post rubbers too...man o man, when the next pinfest, I have stuff to buy!?!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

I saw that machine on Saturday, but it was gone by the time I could get to it. Now I know what happened to it. I one one also, its alot of fun. I picked up some green superbands to install. Shuould have picked up some post rubbers too...man o man, when the next pinfest, I have stuff to buy!?!

Green Super Bands on RFM are fantastic! That's what I put in mine. I'll have to be on the lookout for more green rubbers to put in.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yes, the software does not recognize LEDs (and the lamp test(s) will reflect that all areas replaced with LEDs are 'out')

No way around credit dot if you LED?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I don't believe so.

#16 9 years ago

I want one!!! There was recently a bunch of them for sale. Now it seems to have somewhat dried up.

#18 9 years ago

I'm glad I picked mine up when I did. Every time I think I want to sell it I play a game that blows my mind. I honestly believe that it's the most underrated pin out there and much more fun than AFM. I still hear new sound bytes from time to time and crack up quite often. I kinda feel bad for the purists that refuse to even acknowledge that this is a worthy pin to own. Multiball is often times insane, and the game is much deeper than most people think. Love it!

I've been noticing a steady increase in prices too over the past year in particular. I think that can be attributed to people buying it and then falling in love with it and not wanting to let it go lol.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I picked up a CQ one last month and love it! I don't think having LED's generates a credit dot. It does tell you how many lights are out when you go into diagnostics though. Mine shows no credit dot but says 22 bulbs out in diagnostics...which is exactly how many LED's are in mine.

Post edited by cleland: I'm an idiot and put CC instead of CQ...or I was drinking when I wrote this

#20 9 years ago

Good to know...what is CC?

#21 9 years ago

I love me some RFM. And strangely enough, some SWE1 also.

I think the Pinball2000 platform is just incredible and it is a shame it was not used to it's full potential.

Mine is HUO (verified) but not without flaws, LOL

Great stuff!

rfm1.jpgrfm1.jpg rfm2.jpgrfm2.jpg rfm5.jpgrfm5.jpg rfm6.jpgrfm6.jpg
#22 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Good to know...what is CC?

Whoops! I meant CQ=Collector Quality. It's like it's been in a museum the last 15 years. Not a scratch on the cabinet and no stroke of luck wear.

Post edited by cleland: Typo

#23 9 years ago

I agree that it is SO much better than AFM!

#24 9 years ago

CQ not CC - got it.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I don't think having LED's generates a credit dot. It does tell you how many lights are out when you go into diagnostics though. Mine shows no credit dot but says 22 bulbs out in diagnostics...which is exactly how many LED's are in mine.

Mine has full LED's and it does show a credit dot. I bought mine from Pinballx and he had told me that having the LED's will do that. So, now I wonder how many of us do have credit dots on our pins who have LED's installed?

#26 9 years ago

a guy had an NOS one on ebay about 2 months ago and I was outbid at $350. pinball spare parts australia is the only vendor that had *some* of the parts to put one together in the past 2 years, but have been long sold out of the big lucite backstop and many of the other parts

Quoted from Darlene:

Mine has full LED's and it does show a credit dot. I bought mine from Pinballx and he had told me that having the LED's will do that. So, now I wonder how many of us do have credit dots on our pins who have LED's installed?

only RFM is affected by putting LEDs into it given that b/w was looking for a specific amount of voltage across those lamps (LEDs use only a fraction, so to the system it appears like a burned out bulb)

#27 9 years ago

I have a couple of LEDs in mine, and it doesn't have a credit dot. It does show bulbs out anywhere a LED is, because it reads the low voltage as burnt-out like j_m_ said.

#28 9 years ago

I have both RFM and AFM, I love them both. The theme is so much fun and there is just so much to do on both. The flow on AFM is amazing. The video on RFM makes it a stand-out when friends come to play. The RFM is certainly a more casual game while the AFM takes a bit more skill to master.

Lucky for me, the person I bought the RFM had no idea how computers worked and could not get it working (so they sold it cheap). I was able to pick up the machine with 3 motherboards and with just a bit of tinkering (and luck) I was able to get it working.

Having both machines side by side they are a great compliment to each other.

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread for updates. Thanks for starting.

#29 9 years ago

I would love to have the AFM/RFM combo. Maybe one day.

My only complaint with RFM is that it's a bit too dark.

#30 9 years ago

I knew I'd find some fans out there! I put green superbands on mine too! For the record, I have LCDs in the entire machine but no credit dot at the moment.

#31 9 years ago

Majorly happy member of this club!!!

Mine_at_Last.jpgMine_at_Last.jpg

Fellow pinsider, Tunasled, helped me achieve the acquisition of my grail pin. Wanted this one for a long time, and I am so glad to finally have it!

Converted this one nearly entirely to LEDs (just have to do the pop bumpers), installed beer seal around the metal ramp, and installed the Ultimarc video amplifier. Needless to say, I love this game!!

LED Conversion:

Before...
Before_LEDs.jpgBefore_LEDs.jpg

After!
LEDs.jpgLEDs.jpg

Beer Seal installed:
Beer_Seal.jpgBeer_Seal.jpg

#32 9 years ago

I love my RFM. I picked up a sheet of nos glass from rob at the show for a spare. It's a favorite for me and guests but my wife isn't into it....surprise. She liked swe1 a lot so I may need to get another one some day. I too oddly like swe1.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I have LCDs in the entire machine but no credit dot at the moment.

Didn't realize they made LCD's that small.

I think there is a "definition" of "credit dot" issue going on in the discussion here. Yes, the machine will report an error indicating burned out bulbs wherever you put LEDs. No, this does not show as a conventional "credit dot" on the display during attract and game play. It only shows up at startup and in error check reports.

Love my RFM.
It's my Mom's favorite machine. She knocked out a Grand Champion score while visiting a couple weeks ago.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Didn't realize they made LCD's that small.
I think there is a "definition" of "credit dot" issue going on in the discussion here. Yes, the machine will report an error indicating burned out bulbs wherever you put LEDs. No, this does not show as a conventional "credit dot" on the display during attract and game play. It only shows up at startup and in error check reports.
Love my RFM.
It's my Mom's favorite machine. She knocked out a Grand Champion score while visiting a couple weeks ago.

Hey, I said I was really into mods! Those tiny LCDs show some amazing in-game graphics! My next mod is to install a magnifying pf glass so you can actually see all those tiny screens. LOL! On a more serious note, yes, I do get a dot at start-up but it goes away once the game has booted and goes into attract mode.

#35 9 years ago

Moo admiring the green super bands. Ordered the green superbands for the posts today. Now it cliffy time!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#36 9 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

Now it cliffy time!

Just got the Cliffy for mine yesterday. Will be installing it shortly.
Green bands on white flipper bats looks good!

#37 9 years ago

I bought my RFM less than a year old in 2000. It's the machine that sucked me into the hobby. It's one of the best machines of all time and I still have it.
I went crazy on it's restoration a couple years ago. Highlights include clearcoated playfield, chrome T-molding and a ridiculous amount of time spent on detailing. Cab decals are original and perfect. Take a look:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157627703941873/

#38 9 years ago

^^^^ Man, that is a very well taken of RFM!!!

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I bought my RFM less than a year old in 2000. It's the machine that sucked me into the hobby. It's one of the best machines of all time and I still have it.
I went crazy on it's restoration a couple years ago. Highlights include clearcoated playfield, chrome T-molding and a ridiculous amount of time spent on detailing. Cab decals are original and perfect. Take a look:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157627703941873/

Wow! Nice. Now put some green super bands on those flippers.

#40 9 years ago

Added a cliffy and some green post superbands today. You might not see them all but I placed the old ones on the play field some you can have a reference. I also installed my cliffy. Normally I have parts left over, but this time I don't have enough. Any know a source for those Phillips hex head screws?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#41 9 years ago

Anyone have any leads on translites without going to Australia? Mine is cracked and brittle.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

Any know a source for those Phillips hex head screws?

pinball.co (pinball spare parts australia) is the only place that I've ever seen that stocks the pin head screws.

my guess is that they got the remaining stock when they did the mass purchase from williams when they closed their doors back in 2000.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Anyone have any leads on translites without going to Australia? Mine is cracked and brittle.

I've been told that the fluorescent tube is some of the cause of the translites becoming brittle. if you diffuse the light, so that they are not directly hitting the translites, they will last longer.

#44 9 years ago

I'm in the club and love my RFM. I found a CQ example a few years ago and bought it and later sold to a friend. I missed the game almost right away and I'm happy to say that my friend was finally willing to sell it back to me. The game was perfect in every way when I first had it and now it's even better after he added some nicely done mods while he had it. My RFM will be staying here for good this time!

#45 9 years ago

I have one!!!! got it about 5 years ago, HUO! doing the update on it later today! it was way overdue!!!

2 weeks later
#46 9 years ago

Just ran the code update to V1.6 by using a PUB card rented from Rob at LockWhenLit.
It went smooth and was super easy. Just plug the card in and turn the game on. Turn the game off when instructed, remove the card. TaDa, you're done.

Not sure how hard it would have been to do by cable link from a PC, but it sure could not have been any easier.

Now I've got ball save, custom messages, etc. Great improvement.

#47 9 years ago

Good Job RCA1 now return that card so I can rent it will ya - I've been very impatiently waiting for one to return

#48 9 years ago

Does v1.6 add any useful function over 1.5?

#49 9 years ago

From what I read about v1.6, it only adds updates to things like the monetary data. It supposedly does not have anything that affects gameplay or available options over v1.5.

#50 9 years ago

There is also version 1.8 for tournament support.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 6,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.