IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 135.
#5501 1 year ago
Quoted from Leaftail:

I'm still waiting on Planetary to start producing the playfield glass again. They tell me it will happen, but no timeline provided. https://www.planetarypinball.com/product/pinball-2000-playfield-glass-rfm-swe1/

Me too, as well as quite a few owners I am sure! Mine has a big set of initials carved in the glass, about 10 inches tall!

#5502 1 year ago
Quoted from MysticPinball:

Me too, as well as quite a few owners I am sure! Mine has a big set of initials carved in the glass, about 10 inches tall!

That is the main problem with my glass, someone carved their initials into it. Luckily mine aren't that big.

#5503 1 year ago

I just received an email from Planetary Pinball, Pinball2000 Playfield glass is now back in stock!

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-127391&Category_Code=GS-4446

#5504 1 year ago

$350 ouch!

#5505 1 year ago

Why not just order a glass from a local glass shop?

#5506 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Why not just order a glass from a local glass shop?

Because 'normal' glass is not working in pinball 2000 machines-they don't have the mirror effect

#5507 1 year ago

By chance does anyone know of someone that could repair an RFM monitor in the Seattle area? Needs a new flyback, cap kit, and horizontal transistor from what I understand. It's an Italian import so the monitor is an Intervideo VP series. I'd rather not ship this thing around....

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

By chance does anyone know of someone that could repair an RFM monitor in the Seattle area? Needs a new flyback, cap kit, and horizontal transistor from what I understand. It's an Italian import so the monitor is an Intervideo VP series. I'd rather not ship this thing around....

Just FYI you can remove the chassis (circuit board) from the monitor if you do end up needing to ship it out for repair. No need to ship the actual tube. This is done often just like pinball circuit board repairs.

#5509 1 year ago

Are flybacks even an option these days?
Thought they were un obtain ium

#5510 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Flyback transformers are still readily available for most common monitors.

#5511 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

There are two different monitors used in Pinball 2000 machines. Flybacks for the Wells-Gardner k7300 are readily available, but I don't think there are any replacement flybacks for the Ducksan monitor.

#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

There are two different monitors used in Pinball 2000 machines. Flybacks for the Wells-Gardner k7300 are readily available, but I don't think there are any replacement flybacks for the Ducksan monitor.

That's what I always hear as well but I'm not sure about mine given that it is an entirely different model (Intervideo VP)...

#5513 1 year ago

Remember, there's nothing special about the monitor models Williams used for P2K. Any 19" standard res monitor will work. Just need to put it in the custom frame and wire up a 15-pin connector correctly.

#5514 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Remember, there's nothing special about the monitor models Williams used for P2K. Any 19" standard res monitor will work. Just need to put it in the custom frame and wire up a 15-pin connector correctly.

Agreed. I bought a Cherry 19" as a backup years ago when it became clear no more CRTs would be produced. It was made for some other arcade machine (bartop if I recall) but it will get the job done for RFM.

#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Thanks. Looking for path of least resistance to start but may have no choice but to find something else.

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Hey all - rebuilt my pop bumpers recently and after I was done I am getting this error but it makes no sense the drop target actuates and registers the hits.
I am running the latest my pinballs code - just wondering what it could be when the only drop target works fine.
[quoted image]

So - maybe the coilk diode was bad I replaced it then got some other funky errors like a F107 fuse blown. Looked on some posts on Pinside and said rest the whole game and see if that clears the errors and strange as it sounds it cleaned up all the errors. Played it multiple times multiple startups and shutdowns and so far no return of the errors.

3 weeks later
#5517 1 year ago

In case anyone didn't get the email about the new translite. Just ordered mine!!

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/revenge-from-mars-alternate-translite/
Revenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-low-res (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-low-res (resized).jpg

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

In case anyone didn't get the email about the new translite. Just ordered mine!!
[quoted image]

Beat me to it

#5519 1 year ago

have a 3d translite; no interest in this design unless a 3D version becomes available.

#5520 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

[quoted image]

I got the email, love the artwork, but it looks like it illuminates blueish green? Like the original better in that aspect.

#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I got the email, love the artwork, but it looks like it illuminates blueish green? Like the original better in that aspect.

Pretty sure that is just because he's using one of those lighted frames and it may be on blue setting or even cool white could cause that. Regular tube in the game won't have that effect.

#5522 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Pretty sure that is just because he's using one of those lighted frames and it may be on blue setting or even cool white could cause that. Regular tube in the game won't have that effect.

Ahh...I'll go stare at mine again and decide

#5523 1 year ago

Hey everyone - looks l ike someone already beat me to sharing this, but I wanted to share soem more photos.
I created a new Translite for Revenge From Mars to go along with the Side Blades I had already created.
You can check them out here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

Alternate Translite artwork of the classic Revenge From Mars art redrawn in my own style. Officially licensed from Williams!

21.5″x13.75″ Tall. Measures to fit in any Revenge From Mars machine. Looks beautiful when backlit!

Translites are Signed by the me

-We used double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
-High-quality flexible translite material. Printed with the same materials as mainstream pinball machines.
-Designed to work great with the existing LED light scheme
-White silk-screened backing produces very high illumination
-Extra-thick, rigid Translite (thicker than most factory Translites, including Stern)
-Thicker than most Factory Translites!

THANK YOU!

Revenge_From_Mars_in_LED_Frame-social-media_01 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_in_LED_Frame-social-media_01 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_01 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_01 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Alternate_Translite_Pinball_Mockup-social-media (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Alternate_Translite_Pinball_Mockup-social-media (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_02 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_02 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_03 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_03 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_04 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_04 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_05 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_05 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Side_Blade_Template-Low-Res (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Side_Blade_Template-Low-Res (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Sideblades (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Sideblades (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-1 (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-1 (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-5 copy (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-5 copy (resized).jpg
#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Thanks! I can assure you that it doesn't look blue in real life. This is in an LED frame with white turned way up, and the blue hue is from the camera. It's very difficult to photograph something that is illuminated. If you're interested in trying it out, we'd always accept a return/refund if you weren't happy with it.

#5525 1 year ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Thanks! I can assure you that it doesn't look blue in real life. This is in an LED frame with white turned way up, and the blue hue is from the camera. It's very difficult to photograph something that is illuminated. If you're interested in trying it out, we'd always accept a return/refund if you weren't happy with it.

Thank you sir, BTW, your artwork skill is insane. I wish I had 1% of your skill.

#5526 1 year ago

My right side martian is stuck. Anyone know if there is a rebuild kit for this?

PXL_20220924_193735813.jpgPXL_20220924_193735813.jpg
#5527 1 year ago

My left Martian was sticking so I took apart the assembly and cleaned the coil sleeve and plunger. Works great now, if not replace the coil sleeve.

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-flanged-coil-sleeve.html

#5528 1 year ago
Quoted from JWE:

My left Martian was sticking so I took apart the assembly and cleaned the coil sleeve and plunger. Works great now, if not replace the coil sleeve.
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-flanged-coil-sleeve.html

Thank you. I'll give cleaning a go.

#5529 1 year ago

What are we doing for the reed switch assemblies these days? Making our own?

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Try M&M Creations

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Search for Pinsider Sonic in this topic.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

If you want to try DIY, information here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-repair-20-10293-reed-switch

#5533 1 year ago

Thanks for the info, guys!

#5534 1 year ago

Anyone have a lead on a NOS playfield? I'm looking for one.

#5535 1 year ago

Pictures don't do Brian Allen's translite justice. My wife want's me to order another and have it framed. lol I told her we are good with the one, no wall space left for another framed art piece. If your on the fence about buying it, you won't be disappointed. First pic was to try to get how good the clear coat is on the print. You can see my hand over the translite. The other two are in the pin.

IMG-2196 (resized).jpgIMG-2196 (resized).jpgIMG-2199 (resized).jpgIMG-2199 (resized).jpgRFM Translite (resized).jpgRFM Translite (resized).jpg
#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Pictures don't do Brian Allen's translite justice. My wife want's me to order another and have it framed. lol I told her we are good with the one, no wall space left for another framed art piece. If your on the fence about buying it, you won't be disappointed. First pic was to try to get how good the clear coat is on the print. You can see my hand over the translite. The other two are in the pin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered mine last night, love his artwork

#5537 1 year ago

I just got my new Flyland translite in as well but now i wonder...

Does anyone know of a conversion from the flourescent tube to led?
I would like to get a couple led strips along with a couple flashing leds in various locations rather than the flourescent lighting.

#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

I just got my new Flyland translite in as well but now i wonder...
Does anyone know of a conversion from the flourescent tube to led?
I would like to get a couple led strips along with a couple flashing leds in various locations rather than the flourescent lighting.

It wouldn't be that hard to do yourself. I did one for my friends Simpsons that somehow ended up mine. lol
I used white coroplast sheet and those cheep led controllers you get on eBay. A few single color and a few RGB. You can get 5 to 10 for under 10 bucks usually.
I didn't use the remote ones as I have so many LEDs in things they all use the same remote so I was turning stuff on and off I didn't want to. lol
Here is the backglass mod I did.

#5539 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Anyone have a lead on a NOS playfield? I'm looking for one.

I've been looking for quite some time with no luck. If you find a supplier, I'd love to hear about it.

#5540 1 year ago

Hey everyone.
I was playing a game this afternoon and when I got to Martian Bowling, the game reset.
I have 1.5 revision and according to the revision sheet this bug is supposed to be fixed.
See here, one of the first things mentioned:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/software/rfm_history.html
Has anyone with 1.5 revision encountered this problem?
Weird.
Thanks for letting me know.

#5541 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Hey everyone.
I was playing a game this afternoon and when I got to Martian Bowling, the game reset.
I have 1.5 revision and according to the revision sheet this bug is supposed to be fixed.
See here, one of the first things mentioned:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/software/rfm_history.html
Has anyone with 1.5 revision encountered this problem?
Weird.
Thanks for letting me know.

It's a bug that never was fixed. Mine from time to time does it as well.

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

I've been looking for quite some time with no luck. If you find a supplier, I'd love to hear about it.

Best I've found is an overlay from Pinball Center. Decent price now that the euro has taken a dump but still have to go through a mail forwarding service since they don't ship to the US. I'll probably go that route eventually.

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

It's a bug that never was fixed. Mine from time to time does it as well.

Install the mypinballs code and you won't have the issue.

#5544 1 year ago

Nope.
Still happens with new code.

#5545 1 year ago

I have it installed.

#5546 1 year ago

Never had it happen on 1.5/1.6. Installed 2.24(?) and had it twice in a row. I’m back on 1.6.....

#5547 1 year ago

Quoted from KoP:

Never had it happen on 1.5/1.6. Installed 2.24(?) and had it twice in a row. I’m back on 1.6.....

I never had it happen either, until yesterday, and that's why I say "weird"
Has this happened to anyone else with 1.5/1.6 ?

#5548 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Nope.
Still happens with new code.

Wow, that sucks. I guess I've just been lucky and have never had it happen (knock on wood)

#5549 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I never had it happen either, until yesterday, and that's why I say "weird"
Has this happened to anyone else with 1.5/1.6 ?

It happened to me randomly with 1.5/1.6, I would say less than 10% of the times I engaged Martian bowling, as I recall.

#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from KoP:

Hardly a reason to go back to v1.6, the martian bowling code section is not altered in any of my updates from Williams update at 1.4 yet because ii need more information on what is causing it and i can not get it to occur on my game in any repeatable way....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.