IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 135.
#5551 1 year ago

Regarding the martian bowling bug....

If anyone wants to assist in trying to resolve this then you need to provide much more information than just 'it happened to me in a game xxx time ago'.....

Let me start a small check list which you need to complete if you experience it and you want to help, and pics and/or videos would be v useful to ...

1) What frame were you on?
2) What were the scores on the frames?
3) What target did you hit which caused the crash?
4) What other modes had been played first before this?
5) What ball were you on?
6) Was this a single or multiplayer game?
7) Was martian attack running?

#5552 1 year ago

Sounds like some glass-off testing is required with a video camera rolling. Once I get mine put back together I can try it.

#5553 1 year ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hey everyone - looks l ike someone already beat me to sharing this, but I wanted to share soem more photos.
I created a new Translite for Revenge From Mars to go along with the Side Blades I had already created.
You can check them out here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
Alternate Translite artwork of the classic Revenge From Mars art redrawn in my own style. Officially licensed from Williams!
21.5″x13.75″ Tall. Measures to fit in any Revenge From Mars machine. Looks beautiful when backlit!
Translites are Signed by the me
-We used double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
-High-quality flexible translite material. Printed with the same materials as mainstream pinball machines.
-Designed to work great with the existing LED light scheme
-White silk-screened backing produces very high illumination
-Extra-thick, rigid Translite (thicker than most factory Translites, including Stern)
-Thicker than most Factory Translites!
THANK YOU![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Blades and Translite look great on my RFM

FYI
Don't try to roll up your yellowed original translite. I shattered not that I care but if you do.

#5554 1 year ago

I have a weird issue. On Martian Tank none of the center group targets register. They work every other mode only Martian Tank they do not. I reinstalled the latest version software and still does it. Are they not suppose to work on this level or?? I am on version 2.24.

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Regarding the martian bowling bug....
If anyone wants to assist in trying to resolve this then you need to provide much more information than just 'it happened to me in a game xxx time ago'.....
Let me start a small check list which you need to complete if you experience it and you want to help, and pics and/or videos would be v useful to ...
1) What frame were you on?
2) What were the scores on the frames?
3) What target did you hit which caused the crash?
4) What other modes had been played first before this?
5) What ball were you on?
6) Was this a single or multiplayer game?
7) Was martian attack running?

1) 3rd frame
2) Sorry, I have no idea
3) center target, I remember because I was happy to get a strike, which of course never happened
4) Sorry, don't remember
5) last ball (3 ball game)
6) single player
7) No

#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

I have a weird issue. On Martian Tank none of the center group targets register. They work every other mode only Martian Tank they do not. I reinstalled the latest version software and still does it. Are they not suppose to work on this level or?? I am on version 2.24.

So I reinstalled software version 2.23 and Martian Tank worked. Updated back to 2.24 and it didn't work again so I am back on 2.23 with everything working.

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

So I reinstalled software version 2.23 and Martian Tank worked. Updated back to 2.24 and it didn't work again so I am back on 2.23 with everything working.

Martian tank has never been altered so no idea why you saw this. I’d check your targets more closely to be sure

V2.24 was all graphics updates

#5558 1 year ago

Hey all - picked up a NIB Revenge from Mars today and have yet to unpack it until it's moved into the game room (both the body and head). I couldn't find much info on unpacking a 23 year old game, but what should I look for prior to considering powering up and playing the game?

#5559 1 year ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Hey all - picked up a NIB Revenge from Mars today and have yet to unpack it until it's moved into the game room (both the body and head). I couldn't find much info on unpacking a 23 year old game, but what should I look for prior to considering powering up and playing the game?

Examine the motherboard for leaking / bulging caps. If either are seen; DO NOT power it on unless you want to find a replacement motherboard and CPU.

I'd be very concerned about the PSU in the AT chassis. If it's a DEER PSU; even more so. Same problem; leaking caps which you cannot see. DEER PSU are just horrible for all reasons. I wouldn't power up if it has one without going thru a full LOAD PSU checkout (beyond the capability of most people).
May want to source and replace the PSU before powering up.

Monitor; Leaking caps. Very hard to spot without a very careful examination of the monitor outside the game.

Dead coin cell batteries. Probably didn't leak. but probably dead. One on the Mobo. One on The Prism card. If either died; then you may need a vga monitor to re-setup CMOS settings for proper operation (garbled display without booting into game - hangs in bios screen w/ error).

Finally; verify the CPU fan is working 100% before leaving it running or playing a game. Fan should not make any whining or grinding noises. Only noise from moving air.

#5560 1 year ago

I bought a NIB SWEP1 and unpacked it 8 years ago and had no problem what so ever powering it up, but check motherboard and CPU for sure but if there is'nt any leaking, I would not worry at all about powering it up.
By the way, unpacking a Pin2000 is very exciting, enjoy......

#5561 1 year ago

Thanks for the guidance everyone - I'll post photos in the coming weeks once it gets moved into the game room (waiting for another pin to arrive before scheduling movers to help wrangle the games upstairs).

#5562 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Martian tank has never been altered so no idea why you saw this. I’d check your targets more closely to be sure
V2.24 was all graphics updates

With 2.24 back in and Martian Tank not working I went into switch diagnostics during the game and they all work in the diag utility. Go back into the game with Martian Tank mode still up and they don't work. I do need to replace one switch but it's only because the actual target is cracked and about to break. I will look closer into it once parts show up. If one person on the planet had an issue no one will ever have, it would be me.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

With 2.24 back in and Martian Tank not working I went into switch diagnostics during the game and they all work in the diag utility. Go back into the game with Martian Tank mode still up and they don't work. I do need to replace one switch but it's only because the actual target is cracked and about to break. I will look closer into it once parts show up. If one person on the planet had an issue no one will ever have, it would be me.

Where did you get the 2.24 software? Does it come with a checksum? If not, there's a possibility the software itself is corrupt and you just need to download it again.

Download data corruption is very rare, but it does happen.

#5564 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Where did you get the 2.24 software? Does it come with a checksum? If not, there's a possibility the software itself is corrupt and you just need to download it again.
Download data corruption is very rare, but it does happen.

I did download again, was one of the first things I did and deleted the original on the updater. My new targets will be here Tuesday or Wednesday so will address it further next weekend. I downloaded it directly from applejuices website mypinballs.

#5565 1 year ago

Unbelieveable, pls share pics

#5566 1 year ago

Shout-out here for Sonic and his replacement reed switches. Expertly made, quickly delivered. Thanks for doing what you do!

#5567 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Shout-out here for Sonic and his replacement reed switches. Expertly made, quickly delivered. Thanks for doing what you do!

Happy to help!

Matt

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Where can I buy these reed switches?

#5569 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Where can I buy these reed switches?

Simply PM me!

Matt

#5570 1 year ago

I've got 2 questions about a mod and settings:
First: I set my game to Change "Capture M.B. Light Lock Loops" to On
Change "Loop Dead Scene Shots" on On
It seems that the loops work but not always, is it because that I let go the flipper button too fast or do the loops only work on certain mods?

Second: I've been thinking of adding the new software for quite a while and maybe add a shaker motor, but I'm very hesitent because the cabinet was'nt made for a shaker motor and I'm afraid that the shaker motor will make everything loose on the cabinet (break the cabinet), since I have a colletor quality game, this scares me a little.
Can anyone which has had a shaker motor for quite a while now give me feedback on how there cabinet holds after all of this time.
Maybe I'm wrong but I want to make sure before going further with this project.
Thanks.

#5571 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

I've been looking for quite some time with no luck. If you find a supplier, I'd love to hear about it.

Looked for 2 years without luck. These weren't high production games and the last at Williams, so there probably aren't any left, unfortunately.

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Looked for 2 years without luck. These weren't high production games and the last at Williams, so there probably aren't any left, unfortunately.

I contacted CPR about it, hoping they could have/get access to the digital art as it and SW are the most recent games. They said they were working on something "keep checking" Perhaps if more sent requests they would see demand and get one going.

#5573 1 year ago

Does anyone know

So cool! Make a video if you have a tripod!

#5574 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

I've got 2 questions about a mod and settings:
First: I set my game to Change "Capture M.B. Light Lock Loops" to On
Change "Loop Dead Scene Shots" on On
It seems that the loops work but not always, is it because that I let go the flipper button too fast or do the loops only work on certain mods?
Second: I've been thinking of adding the new software for quite a while and maybe add a shaker motor, but I'm very hesitent because the cabinet was'nt made for a shaker motor and I'm afraid that the shaker motor will make everything loose on the cabinet (break the cabinet), since I have a colletor quality game, this scares me a little.
Can anyone which has had a shaker motor for quite a while now give me feedback on how there cabinet holds after all of this time.
Maybe I'm wrong but I want to make sure before going further with this project.
Thanks.

Loop dead scene shots means allow the ball to pass around the back loop of the playfield if there is no shot in the mode running to be awarded. This therefore keeps the flow going better.

Shaker motors work fine in the cabs. There is no difference to the cabinet construction than any other williams cabinet of a similar era.

#5575 1 year ago

Also, on a different topic, i am going to be at Pinball Expo this year for the full time (Wednesday to Sunday), so if anyone wants to have a chat about RFM/ say hello then be sure to drop me a message etc. I will have a name badge/lanyard with 'applejuice' on for the full thing and will be wearing t-shirts with my mypinballs electronics logo on

#5576 1 year ago

Daymn... You shoulda come to Frisco for Texas pinball festival.. we woulda bought you a beer or three.
Have fun. Enjoy.

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Daymn... You shoulda come to Frisco for Texas pinball festival.. we woulda bought you a beer or three.
Have fun. Enjoy.

Do Brits drink?

#5579 1 year ago

Love the new translite!

20221016_143855.jpg20221016_143855.jpg
#5580 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Love the new translite!
[quoted image]

where did you get it?

#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Love the new translite!
[quoted image]

I was on the fence... but I Really like the look of it here...

Dang it... there goes more cash!!

#5583 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

I was on the fence... but I Really like the look of it here...
Dang it... there goes more cash!!

I was as well, mostly due to the blueish color on the site...it doesn't have that in person.

#5584 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Definitely is possible. Mine came with one and I just pulled it the other day and put in a coin door plate I got from pinball life. I believe it is a Mars. I can check model number later.

Was that bill acceptor wired in your machine? My RFM came with one but not connected to anything.

#5585 1 year ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

Was that bill acceptor wired in your machine? My RFM came with one but not connected to anything.

Mars/MEI AE2411U3 - 120V

#5586 1 year ago

Where the !@$# did you find that?!? I'm amazed that someone would have one just sitting for that long. Any chance you're willing to share what you had to pay for it? As I work to restore mine I'm infinitely curious what a "new" one goes for...

#5587 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Mars/MEI AE2411U3 - 120V

Would you mind taking a pic of how it’s wired? Gonna try to get mine hooked up.

#5588 1 year ago
Quoted from jgecmd:

Would you mind taking a pic of how it’s wired? Gonna try to get mine hooked up.

I removed it and gave it to a friend. I believe it was just one plug and there was a corresponding one in the game harness.

#5589 1 year ago

Let’s make this thread interesting again. Operator had a new in box revenge from Mars. I’ve know about it for 10 years, last time I was here I got a nib safe cracker that I opened and played for a while then sold it to tigerlaw. Anyway I show up to get Rfm and there’s only one box. Operator says it’s still sitting in the same spot ups dropped it off 20+ years ago. I say where are the other boxes. What boxes he says? There’s supposed to be more then one box. It even says on the side 1 of 5… 20+ years and he didn’t realized he didn’t receive all the boxes. Just the one lol. I honestly thought I was getting a Rfm in the box brand new today.
So I got to open it as I took this pic loading it in my trailer…
Anyone want to guess what’s in the box?

59534C1D-2097-48A7-9643-05008D85F39B (resized).jpeg59534C1D-2097-48A7-9643-05008D85F39B (resized).jpeg8B83ED96-A209-4A3F-965E-9D314F8B9532 (resized).jpeg8B83ED96-A209-4A3F-965E-9D314F8B9532 (resized).jpeg
#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Let’s make this thread interesting again. Operator had a new in box revenge from Mars. I’ve know about it for 10 years, last time I was here I got a nib safe cracker that I opened and played for a while then sold it to tigerlaw. Anyway I show up to get Rfm and there’s only one box. Operator says it’s still sitting in the same spot ups dropped it off 20+ years ago. I say where are the other boxes. What boxes he says? There’s supposed to be more then one box. It even says on the side 1 of 5… 20+ years and he didn’t realized he didn’t receive all the boxes. Just the one lol. I honestly thought I was getting a Rfm in the box brand new today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Playfield conversion kit?

#5591 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Playfield conversion kit?

Nope… not conversion kit

#5593 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

full Playfield. Cool find

Nope not the playfield

#5594 1 year ago

The cabinet? (Does it fit in that box?)

#5595 1 year ago

Just the top part?

#5596 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Legs and hardware?

#5597 1 year ago

Everything is factory packed. Glass, computer, welds gardner 19” monitor in the box, driver board, pin2k white plastic driver board cover and spring, a spare of every coil in the game?wft? Tinted plexi to work on game when glass is out, just did a quick look. When I get a chance this week I’ll post pics of it when I open it at home

#5598 1 year ago

So basically the other four boxes would have been the (1)empty head, (2)the empty cabinet, (3)the playfield, (4) the legs.

#5599 1 year ago

He thought there was a full-sized pinball 2000 machine in that box?

#5600 1 year ago

I bought a SWEP1 NIB 10 years ago and there were 2 boxes, nothing was missing, one box had the cabinet with the playfield in it and legs and the other box had the head with everything in it, computer, monitor, head bolts and conectors.
My guess is that this box has extra parts for the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.