VBATT to RAM (resized).png
VBATT on main board (resized).png
Battery holder daughter board (resized).png
RFM errors (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (4 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (4 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider applejuice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

481 posts in this topic match your search for posts by applejuice. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2312 5 years ago

promo-rfm-v2-splash (resized).jpgpromo-rfm-v2-splash (resized).jpg

V2.0 RFM Update

Quick-Shot - Hurry up feature created - Shoot drop target to collect countdown score
Quick-Shot - Graphics animations (Mothership used from martian aerobics), text and boxes created.
Quick-Shot - Progressive scoring, Each successful award increases start value
Secret Weapon - altered the amount of speech in the mode when shots made
Secret Weapon - added ROUND X FIGHT speech with adj option to mode start
Secret Weapon - added stooge fight move to ramp shots
Secret Weapon - decreased punch and kick move effectiveness for easy centre shots
Secret Weapon - Added language translations for name and settings
Secret Weapon - Saucer light now requires completing all robot-lincoln moves
Secret Weapon - Martian now rejuvenates if Abe is idle for too long
Circle Shots - Missile Champ Added
Circle Shots - Missile awards now offer Martian bombs at certain thresholds
Circle Shots - Missile awards now offer Ball Save restart at certain thresholds
Circle Shots - Missile awards now offer Quick-Shot at certain thresholds
Circle Shots - Missile points awards are bigger and easier to get, plus there more of them
Circle Shots - Missiles total now awards a champ entry if beaten
Hypnobeam - Beams destroyed now awards a champ entry if beaten
Attract - Added new lamp show effect - searchlight
Attract - Added new lamp show effect - sweep up and down
Attract - Updated the regular playfield lamp strobing effect
Attract - Missile Champ Screen Added
Attract - Hypnobeam Champ Added
Attract - added more speech call options to flipper button presses
Attract - Removed Dillon Tribute to gain more ram space (temp)
Scene - Now can start from the saucer modes in the centre
Ball Save - Balls are now autolaunched form shooter lane at correct time
Service Mode - updated video test alignment image to save ram, 200k freed
Service Mode - cleaned up brightness/contrast levels on video test alignment image
Stroke of Luck - Added ball save award
Stroke of Luck - Added collect bonus award
Stroke of Luck - Added 2 million award
Stroke of Luck - Removed saucer light award

XINA 1.30 Update
Video test alignment graphics optimised and cleaned up to free valuable flash memory
Test system info menu updated with more colours for versions
Test system info now states 'custom build' - lets not upset anyone!
Ball Saver class changes for better game autolaunch in RFM build

*Will run on pinbox and original hardware
*8Mb ram still needed if running original hardware, based on my own tests, as set from v1.8 onwards

Available 25th December at https://mypinballs.com

#2322 5 years ago

Sneak peak of the new hurry up feature.

IMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2338 5 years ago

I’ll create some instructions for updating pinbox on my site when I get some time, not sure yet when as on hols over Christmas, though it’s pretty simple. You just update the rfm15 update folder with the new files from the extracted update zip

Original games update in the same way as originally

#2348 5 years ago

Notes for updating pinbox systems (I will update these notes and add to my site as time allows. Please read carefully)

On a computer of your choice extract the files within the update exe (This is a basic zip file)

There are 6 files:

pin2000_50070_0200_bootdata.rom
pin2000_50070_0200_game.rom
pin2000_50070_0200_im_flsh0.rom
pin2000_50070_0200_pubboot.rom
pin2000_50070_0200_sf.rom
pin2000_50070_0200_symbols.rom

Copy the files to a spare usb drive

On your rfm pinbox computer, Navigate to folder /root/pinbox/update/rfm_15/ (either by logging into lxdm, or from command line, or using ssh/sftp etc)

Delete or move ALL the existing files within this folder

Copy the new files to this folder. Only the files, no additional folders.

Make sure the update.bin file from the original installation of pinbox is deleted/moved. This will be recreated from the new update files

Move/delete rfm_15.nvram* files from /root/pinbox/roms/savedata/ These files store the settings and high score data but may stop the update if not deleted/moved first.

Reboot the rfm computer

Enjoy v2.0 game code on pinbox

#2360 5 years ago

Yes, I guess my note about >=8mb on original hardware was wrong. I thought it still needed 8mb of ram as per v1.8, because when I originally tested my update work on a spare original system it would not boot with the ram I had installed, but did with a 32mb stick. It turns out this ram was most likely faulty hence me thinking that it still needed 8mb or higher. I wasn't that aware of the change in v1.9 either, or had forgotten and I use pinbox myself for in my own game anyway.

Jees, original machines and their 4mb ram... To be honest I hadn't given it much thought, as its easy to change anyway...

So yes having tested it again today it works the same as with v1.9 and stock 4mb ram. I'll update my notes to reflect this.

...onwards to v2.01

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Update: update worked but now my scoop mystery solenoid no longer fires in game or test. It’s bye so investigation for another time...

Having spoken to this user privately, the issue was resolved by redoing the update process. Seems there are some variables on the updating original hardware. Not surprising because of the amount of ways it can be done and the type of update machine/cable you can have. Seems to work fine though for most people with original hardware. And this user was on 4mb ram

#2366 5 years ago

Sneak at some work in progress on the next update. Do not quote this rev as anything more than work in progress. There are more things I want to add and these notes may change..

V2.10 RFM Update - Work in Progress Only

Quick-Shot - Feature lamp effects improved for active hurry up
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters/exits jets and upper lanes
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters exits stroke of luck
Quick-Shot - fixed bug where some scenes background graphics were lost after hurry up ended (achieved or not)
Quick-Shot - Added speech for start and shot success
Question Mark - Percentage of mode selection updated. Autopsy now most likely mode
Question Mark - Martian Aerobics, renamed Martian Invaders
Capture Multiball - Added sneaky lock acknowledgement (lock from rear when lit avoiding diverter)
Circle Shots - Missiles are now only collected/fired when there is an unlit missile circle insert on the playfield
Circle Shots - Completing a set (4) missile shots now ups the bonus multiplier by 1 each time (on that ball)
Attract - updated lamp patterns to fix missing saucer rim 9 lamp on main pattern strobe
Skill Shot - Fixed Super Skill Shot activation which was broken
Outlane - Improved sound and speech calls logic

#2384 5 years ago

Some links updated on my site

v2.0 Update Notes (changes etc)

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp

Pinbox update help guide

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/update_help.jsp

Donate links on there to should you wish to support this project.

I have a pub card here that i could update then send out for people to use to update then return. Would probably have to have a deposit made first so that it gets sent back when done and ready for the next user. If this is something of interest to you let me know.

Updated working in progress notes for v2.10

V2.10 RFM Update (Work in Progress Only)

Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters/exits jets and upper lanes
Quick-Shot - fixed bug where some scenes background graphics were lost after hurry up ended (achieved or not)
Question Mark - Percentage of mode selection updated. Autopsy now most likely mode
Capture Multiball - Added sneaky lock acknowledgement (lock from rear when lit avoiding diverter)
Capture Multiball - Added speech for ball locks
Capture Multiball - Added option for add_a_ball
Capture Multiball - Added add a ball display effect/ graphics
Bottom Lanes - added add a ball logic in conjunction with stroke of luck during multi ball play
Stroke of Luck - added add a ball logic during multi ball play (main, martian, bonus etc)
Circle Shots - Missiles are now only collected/fired when there is an unlit missile circle insert on the playfield
Circle Shots - Completing a set (4) missile shots now ups the bonus multiplier by 1 each time (on that ball)
Attract - updated lamp patterns to fix missing saucer rim 9 lamp on main pattern strobe

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

yes.....once you work out any bugs.......the pub card with deposit would be awesome......or can I send you my pub card for you to update?

Yes doing it the other way round would work to. Send me a pm

#2390 5 years ago

I have an idea for a hardware mod to add a 5th ball in the trough, that could be enabled in a future update. This would feed nicely into my add a ball updates and give more flexibility with multiballs. I will try to experiment with this sometime soon. 6 ball trough would be the best but there’s not enough spare drives on the 10 way opto board

#2395 5 years ago

Some more info on my trough upgrade idea. I've added some new code and options to enable in my software update and have taken the trough apart this afternoon to upgrade the optos installed. The boards are designed for 6 balls. (Stripped the full trough down whilst I was there to)

fullsizeoutput_cdc (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_cdc (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_cdb (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_cdb (resized).jpeg

IMG_3090 (resized).JPGIMG_3090 (resized).JPG

reassembled

IMG_3095 (resized).JPGIMG_3095 (resized).JPGIMG_3094 (resized).JPGIMG_3094 (resized).JPGfullsizeoutput_cda (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_cda (resized).jpeg

Now to add some extra drives for these new optos. Having thought about it some more i really want 6 balls so, for a full 6 ball experience I'm going to need to use 3-opto board from the likes of fish tales etc, as annoyingly there is only 1 spare output on the rfm 's 10-way opto board.

Regarding a real knocker, yes i think this i possible to. I will add some more code to support this, probably from solenoid drive 18. We will need another opt in option in the system settings like for the trough upgrade.

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

any chance we could get a real knocker while your in there, doctor?

13E4605E-01E9-4F07-9B72-94E56A03369F (resized).jpeg13E4605E-01E9-4F07-9B72-94E56A03369F (resized).jpeg
#2404 5 years ago

Some updates on hardware changes i've been looking into. (This is all just experimenting at the moment)

Here's the list of things to look at (A combination of things i've come up with and have been suggested). None of these items will be required, they will all be optional should you wish to upgrade your game etc.

- Addition of Trough expansion to 6 balls
- Addition of all optos for the upper trough so you can lock balls physically for multiball
- Addition of properly controlled rubber martian eyes (instead of fed off other lamps)
- Addition of a real knocker
- Addition of a shaker motor

Here are some more detailed screenshots on progress. Early days but things are working in the system menu tests

IMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3111 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3109 (resized).JPGIMG_3109 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3107 (resized).JPGIMG_3107 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPG

#2409 5 years ago

Test loom for shaker and knocker adding

AB2D631C-EB4E-41D6-8D65-121CEF736196 (resized).jpegAB2D631C-EB4E-41D6-8D65-121CEF736196 (resized).jpeg
#2414 5 years ago

Shaker in and working. The only rfm with a coded shaker in the world ... for now ..

IMG_3137 (resized).JPGIMG_3137 (resized).JPG

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Way cool. When does it come on?

I'm working on this at the mo, though its won't be on for everything. Don't want to over do it. I am working on the principal of most major shots, ie end of mode success, completion of tasks, super jackpots, jackpots, martian big and small kills etc. There is granular use for it from my new software, so its not just on and off. There are different levels of 'shake' for different achievements

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I finally got 2.0 installed on my Nucore setup and it works great. Thanks so much for freshening up this game!

Glad you like it. More to come..

#2435 5 years ago

If you would like to get on the list for a shaker and knocker cabinet wiring loom, then please drop me a pm. Cost will be £25 plus postage and is another great way to help support this project.

IMG_3151 (resized).JPGIMG_3151 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2447 5 years ago

Quick update for everyone who contacted me to be put on the shaker/knocker loom upgrade list. I have your message and you are on the list I just haven't had time to reply to the messages yet. When i make them i will contact everyone with an invoice via paypal in the order they contacted me. Remember these options will only be operational in the future v2.10 update.

1 month later
#2525 5 years ago

I bought a little NOS item recently!

focUrTIBTkGGCg9zXtRhZQ (resized).jpgfocUrTIBTkGGCg9zXtRhZQ (resized).jpg

I have some NOS items to sell that i won't need. Contact me via pm for info

I have the following to sell:

1 x NOS SWEP1 cabinet decal set
1 x NOS SWEP1 rom card
1 x NOS SWEP1 manual
1 x NOS SWEP1 translite

IMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3446 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGIMG_3445 (resized).JPGfullsizeoutput_d20 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d20 (resized).jpegIMG_3442 (resized).JPGIMG_3442 (resized).JPGfullsizeoutput_d1e (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1e (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1c (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1c (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1a (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d1a (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d14 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d14 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d18 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d18 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d16 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_d16 (resized).jpeg

#2532 5 years ago

What do we have here then

IMG_3449 (resized).JPGIMG_3449 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

- Sometimes updating over USB/Serial fails for no apparent reason. This has happened to me on a third of the Pin2k games I've worked on.
- A PUB card is faster, super easy to use and you don't need another computer. (Aside from the programmer, of course. )
- It's fun to make my 22 year old, Windows 95 PC still make the cards.
[quoted image]

You can use an original pin2k computer to update a pub card to so no regular computer needed at all

A pub card is also the only way to recover a bricked prism from a bodged update

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

A couple weeks ago I joined the club. It came from a bar owner. After I cleaned all the smoke and dust I can’t believe what good condition it’s in with over 17,000 plays. Cabinet, back glass and play field all look great. There are a few switch issues, some lamps to change and I’m having the monitor recapped.
I’m a happy pinballer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Green screen! Like the old old days

#2574 4 years ago

Hey applejuice, What hardware should be purchased for 2.10? I understand looms haven't shipped/billed yet, but I want to make sur eI have everything ready.

The shaker motors can be anything really that runs at 12v but I think std stern ones should be ok. The loom will come with a seperate 2a in-line fuse to install and the connectors to hook upto the loom as there’s no extra drive board needed

The knocker mech I’m still working out. There’s the Addams option or a gottlieb type knocker bracket or something else custom. Want to try an avoid loads of loom upto the head. Thoughts welcome though

#2577 4 years ago

This is what I’m thinking of going with for the knocker after looking at various designs and thinking about it some more. Will fit nicely behind the shaker and us nice and simple. The original wms types are gravity fed so this option is the closet to factory wms and will work horizontally. I can create a simple Bom list for it with part numbers maybe

79781842-0BD4-44C1-BFF5-760CBE394EC9 (resized).jpeg79781842-0BD4-44C1-BFF5-760CBE394EC9 (resized).jpeg19F3BCC1-AE4D-4155-A19E-4BC2ED585978 (resized).jpeg19F3BCC1-AE4D-4155-A19E-4BC2ED585978 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2596 4 years ago

Quick update on v2.10 update progress. Below is how the update notes are looking. I'm deciding whether to wrap this one up soon and get it out, then finish up some of the other new modes like payback time later on. This means the shaker and knocker stuff can get out there sooner. My preferred update method is iterative anyway as its easier to fix bugs that way after more usage etc

v2.10 RFM Update (Work in Progress Only)

Quick-Shot- Added shaker effects for shot success
Bottom Lanes - added add a ball logic in conjunction with stroke of luck during multi ball play
Stroke of Luck - added add a ball logic during multi ball play (main, martian, bonus etc)
Attract - updated lamp patterns on searchlight pattern to fix some missing lamps and some in wrong section
Bonus Wave - Changed balls in play start to 2
Bonus Wave - Added option for add_a_ball
Mothership - Changed balls in play start to 3
System - Added shaker hardware control
System - Added knocker hardware control
System - Added adjustments for shaker installed
System - Added Adjustments for knocker installed

Quick-Shot - Added extra sound for mode start
Hypno Beam - Fixed a bug where the new champion score would not be recorded
Hypno Beam - Reworked (lowered) the shot levels now there is a champion score to make destroying multiple beams more interesting and worthwhile
Hypno Beam - Adjusted extra ball award for destroyed beams to 4
Bonus Wave - Disabled add a ball when entering sudden death (1 ball in play)
Capture Multiball -Added shaker effects for super jackpot and regular jackpots
Martian Multiball - Added shaker effects for hitting and destroying large martian
Drive in Demolition - Added shaker effects for nuke
Drive in Demolition - Removed the mode start points (2 mil) seeing as its now startable from game start
Tower Struggle - Added shaker effects for tower collapse
Secret Weapon - Added shaker effects to end scene, upper cut and mothership explode
Alien Abduction - Added shaker effects to ramp shots and destroying centre saucer
Martian Happy Hour - Added shaker effects to martian kills
Big O Beam - Added shaker effects to barn hits
Paris in Peril - Added shaker effects to martian kills and catapult hits
Payback Time - Roughed in first pass of this mode - enabled at sol after main multi ball and martian multi ball completed

XINA 1.31
Reverted to 3 characters for high scores. Some game specifics are hard coded for 3
Added real knocker option instead of simulated sounds when enabled

#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Hey applejuice, I'm certainly interested in the real knocker option. I just have a question about the v2.0 simulated knock. The original knock in my stock game was very loud, and the v2.0 is very quiet. Was this by design?, or is there an adjustment or something for this?

Nothing was changed knocker wise in v2.0 . I only started looking at it after requests from people here for a real integration after Christmas and the v2.0 release

1 week later
#2623 4 years ago

v2.10 is going through final testing. Release coming soon, for easter weekend hopefully

#2635 4 years ago

The v2.10 update notes are finalised as

Revenge from mars update notes

v2.10 RFM Update

Quick-Shot- Added shaker effects for shot success
Attract - updated lamp patterns on searchlight pattern to fix some missing lamps and some in wrong section
Bonus Wave - Changed balls in play start to 2
Bonus Wave - Added option for add a ball
Mothership - Changed balls in play start to 3
System - Added shaker hardware control
System - Added knocker hardware control
System - Added adjustments for shaker installed
System - Added Adjustments for knocker installed

Quick-Shot - Added extra sound for mode start
Hypno Beam - Fixed a bug where the new champion score would not be recorded
Hypno Beam - Reworked (lowered) the shot levels now there is a champion score to make destroying multiple beams more interesting and worthwhile
Hypno Beam - Adjusted extra ball award for destroyed beams to 4
Bonus Wave - Disabled add a ball when entering sudden death (1 ball in play)
Capture Multiball -Added shaker effects for super jackpot and regular jackpots
Martian Multiball - Added shaker effects for hitting and destroying large martian
Drive in Demolition - Added shaker effects for nuke
Drive in Demolition - Removed the mode start points (2 mil) seeing as its now startable from game start
Tower Struggle - Added shaker effects for tower collapse
Secret Weapon - Added shaker effects to end scene, upper cut and mothership explode
Alien Abduction - Added shaker effects to ramp shots and destroying centre saucer
Martian Happy Hour - Added shaker effects to martian kills
Big O Beam - Added shaker effects to barn hits
Paris in Peril - Added shaker effects to martian kills and catapult hits
Mars Needs Women - Added shaker effects to console destroy and glass crack
Payback Time - Roughed in first pass of this mode - enabled at sol after main multi ball and martian multi ball played
Secret Weapon - Fixed a bug with the update of martian rejuvenation on the energy bar graphicss

XINA 1.31
Reverted to 3 characters for high scores. Some game specifics are hard coded for 3
Added real knocker option instead of simulated sounds when enabled

Look out for the beta inclusion of payback time and how to start it. Its early for this feature, but I've included it anyway.

#2638 4 years ago

applejuice I'd like to get your saucer mod and was curious how/if your updated code interacts with it.

The rgb saucer mod has its own processor and reads the lamp matrix from the game to set the colour of the saucer lamp patterns to the mode colour in play.

There is no need for the updated game code to do anything extra here.

Order from my site store at https://myPinballs.com

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

applejuice
how far along are you w/ regards to the Shaker Kits / wiring harnesses?
I sent a PM to you on 1/28 (I'll reply again) to put me on the list; but never heard from you.
With V2.1 coming soon... I'd like to start planning.

As you might imagine, I’m pretty busy! The shaker looms are In progress but I have a million things to do ( this isn’t my only pinball project) and they are labour intensive to make so take awhile. If you contacted me then you will get one no problem. I won’t take your money either until I have one for you to ship. When they are ready you’ll get a message and invoice

#2649 4 years ago

Update on the shaker/knocker looms. The first few invoices have gone out to people. I am working through the list of pm's in chronological order, so please check your inbox here on pinside. If i don't get a reply within a few days i will ask the next person on the list etc.

Update on the new software v2.10. The testing has gone well with good feedback and it will be uploaded for download from my site this Friday - 19th April.

https://mypinballs.com

Happy Easter!

#2657 4 years ago

rfm_v210_update_splash (resized).jpgrfm_v210_update_splash (resized).jpg

Visit https://mypinballs.com

Update notes: https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp

Please consider donating if you like this software. Donations help support this and our other many pinball projects.

Happy Easter

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Installed without a hitch. Your version is very polished and I did not see any bugs atm. The hurry up is good but every now and then it covers a graphic that is needed to complete a mode but isn't a big issue.
Didn't get to see payback time and hypno beam isn't a given mode the second time you get the sol. In fact I didn't get hypno in the six games I played. I do like the add a ball to multiball modes

I won't go into the amount of hours spent, but glad you like it. (Thanks for the hurry up note, i will look at this). As mentioned before, RFM is one of my fav games right back to when it was released. I've owned one (not the same one) almost half my life. We were lucky enough to have one as kids in our family home from almost new To work on updates is a great privilege and i want to do it justice

As for hypnobeam award, its the 3rd time in the sol hole. This is forced by the software as it was when released. I think williams would not have left it this way if they had more time to work on it. I have ideas to improve the logic a little at the sol so it only awards hb after some other things are complete as well as 2 visits to the sol. But thats for the future. Hb itself should be more fun now to generally. See the update notes. Enjoy.

#2663 4 years ago
Quoted from retroworld2k:

Great work. How to get a shaker to work or where to order one?
Greetings Maik

3 things. 1) Buy a shaker & knocker loom from me (there is a queue) . 2) Buy a std stern shaker motor (sam variety best). 3) if you want a real knocker to, then order a DE style one, or I can supply a parts list to use for all wms parts.

#2674 4 years ago

applejuice Will this loom be wired for the light up martians? The two I have now are just wired into the GI.

No, this is a loom for adding a real shaker and knocker only. These are both cabinet devices not playfield ones

My code work to add properly controlled Martian eyes will just work from the regular playfield lamp matrix. This is not implemented yet though other than lamp test

#2675 4 years ago

Shaker/Knocker loom update:

I am in talks with a few manufacturers here in the uk to see if its viable to get a bulk lot made. Making them by hand is very time consuming, slow and tedious!!! Hopefully it pans out and then i will have a nice quick despatch supply of them Current price is £25 plus postage, but that may change.

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Shaker/Knocker loom update:
I am in talks with a few manufacturers here in the uk to see if its viable to get a bulk lot made. Making them by hand is very time consuming, slow and tedious!!! Hopefully it pans out and then i will have a nice quick despatch supply of them Current price is £25 plus postage, but that may change.

Quoted from Zitt:

I don't think it's been suggested; But, I am *not* trying to take business from Applejuice... my goal is simply to support him in his endeavor as I think the work he's doing for RFM is very awesome. Regardless of what he decides; I'll be buying the knocker loom from him to support his work on the game software. It's well deserved.
I have some experience making wiring harnesses for projects like my Laser mods for Stern Star Trek.. so I'm happy to help him find a source if it helps him avoid crimping these darn things by hand.

As mentioned i am in talks with 3 companies here in the uk now to get looms made. If you buy a loom from me then you are supporting the project aswell as upgrading your game So the cost will not go down, but i am hopefull it wont go up either. If there is long term demand then we could work out a way for somewhere to supply them state side to lower the postage cost part of it, but that is far off yet. Stay tuned.

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Sorry if this is answered in the thread somewhere. I’m only halfway through the backlog. I also tried reading old release notes but couldn’t find them.
Does the 2.1 software fix the lamp test for LED conversions?

No!

But I am looking at it. There is a way to just disable the full lamp blown/shorted/open check thing, but its not that straight forward for a setting option addition. Its a build option

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Hi all. Would someone mind sending me a photo of the 3 eddy sensors under the playfield please? I'm having some intermittent missed detections and I'm wondering if the actual sensors are installed correctly. Could possibly be my cliffy impacting as well I guess. It seems to register if I shoot with the left flipper most of the time but particularly when I backhand it using the right flipper it sometimes doesn't detect. Any other ideas to check would be great also. Thanks in advance

Eddy sensors? Do you mean the magnetic reed switches These go bad all the time! Wish there was a new supply of them but they are unobtanium

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Try this first, as it is the easiest possible repair:

If that doesn't work and you cannot locate a replacement - there is a more elaborate DIY fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-repair-20-10293-reed-switch

Not sure any reed switch is that easily available anymore and the williams ones have very specific mounting points. On little plastics lugs under the playfield. Somebody really needs to remake this parts, as its used in games before pin2k as well.

The diy fix looks horrendous and a right pita. I managed to get a few used spares but new would be so much better.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Does the 2.1 software fix the lamp test for LED conversions?

Something to look forward to in upcoming releases if you use LED lamps/use pinbox/nucore

This is how my game normally reports lamp issues wrongly (using pinbox)

IMG_3903 (resized).JPGIMG_3903 (resized).JPG

New System Adjustment enabled

IMG_3891 (resized).JPGIMG_3891 (resized).JPG

And now, no more erroneous errors

IMG_3897 (resized).JPGIMG_3897 (resized).JPGIMG_3900 (resized).JPGIMG_3900 (resized).JPG

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Interesting. I am using Pinbox and mine did not look like that, but I do get the "martian eyes" lamp errors (I went around in circles trying to find these on the playfield, too )

I think its pretty variable on pinbox/nucore. I use normal lamps but this was just for the sake of a test for the led guys.

And i guess you do know the martian eye lamps were new lamps positions added in v2.10 for future updates and for people who upgrade the rubber martians

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Quick question... do I need Nucore/Pinbox to run your releases ? There is an updater that runs as a command line exe to upgrade the stock system through the serial port. I was hoping to be able to use it as your ROM structure is standard.

Been mentioned a load of times on here. It works with with both original and pinbox/nucore

#2732 4 years ago

Update on the shaker looms

I have a manufacturer on board now and am in the process of ordering 100 units. Yes, 100 looms people

I hope as many people as possible support this project and those who already have done, continue to do so.

Also, on the lamp test front with LED usage. If anyone wants to pm me for an ee tech discussion on the operation of the lamp RC circuit charge and decay test timing and has ideas on how we could alter this for LED use then i'm all ears. I have the timings for regular filament lamps.

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Would anyone share a copy of the 2.1 ? I had planned to update and mypinballs is down
Any info on the wiring for shaker? I did not see anything. Shall I consider It will not be explained, in order to have user purchase looms to support the development ?

My site is not down? Check your connection

#2750 4 years ago

Pinbox/Nucore users running original bulbs -> can you confirm if your lamp test works as expected or gives gibberish? Experimenting with some timing settings that seem to make my pinbox setup lamp test work perfectly, whereas without, the lamp matrix a test is wrong.

One other great thing was, after i got it working correctly, i identified a rogue 161 bulb and a bad holder in my game almost instantly.

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I'm totally digging the 2.10 upgrade!
I've put on about thirty- two player games and still haven't
been awarded payback yet. Am I missing something?

Martian attack and multiball completed . Sol at 2 or more and then shoot sol when lit

It’s beta right now so won’t be free from bugs and the graphics won’t be final either but you can get an idea of it. Homage to t2

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Is this safe? What changed?

Safe?? Eh? Stay on v1.5 if you want to..

But if you want to know what I did so far see here

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp

This list all my changes since v2.0.

#2781 4 years ago

Safe? Mostly. It did set one of my games on fire, but I was able to flip it on eBay..

Not sure jokes are a good idea. I don't want people emailing me worrying...

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hey gents....I've finally joined the club...picked up an HUO RFM last night......
To answer the the 'safe' question - I've already upgraded a friends to v2.1 (I'll be doing mine soon) - he has 32mb RAM - original hardware - no issues...
And finally - thanks for the inquiry into the MRS remakes....I should finish up the first 25 this weekend....I've got to admit - it is labor intensive as they have to be built by hand....so we'll see how this all turns out......
[quoted image]

I hope some of those reed switches have my name on them! Look great

#2807 4 years ago

Shaker and Knocker Loom update:

I will be receiving the first sample from the manufacturer tomorrow, so will post some pics of it. After this is approved by me, its full steam ahead for 100x looms to be made

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

I have similar issues with my switches registering in my ball lock lane. Sometimes it seems like the ball travels too fast and doesn’t register with the switches, but the switches still test fine in test.
I wonder if adding a small capacitor across the switch leads would help? I’ve done this with my LOTR Palantir switch and now it registers every time I hit the switch.

Just replace all microswitch rollover switches. wpc-95 and pin2k cherry switches don't last. They were crap quality

#2815 4 years ago

Sample loom is here. Checking it in my game.

IMG_4059 (resized).JPGIMG_4059 (resized).JPGIMG_4060 (resized).JPGIMG_4060 (resized).JPGIMG_4061 (resized).JPGIMG_4061 (resized).JPG

#2822 4 years ago

I checked the standard Stern SAM shakers and the motors have different connectors as they connect to a board. I'm assuming that one of the 2-pin molex connecters is intended for the shaker and would require a new connector installed.

The loom has 2 standard molex connectors for connecting up a shaker and knocker. There are various shakers and knockers you can use so the connectors are like this so you can fit whatever you choose. The appropriate male ends and pins will be included so you can connect your items. If you use a stern shaker you don't have to use the board, you can just connect to the motor cable if you include a 2a fuse in line. The choices are many and its up to the individual.

These looms are already in use as i was making them manually beforehand so its all proven.

I will create an install doc about it when i get time.

#2829 4 years ago

Few new features that I'm working on. More details later. Maybe you'll want to stay up til midnight in the future??

#2835 4 years ago

Work on a new feature - Attract mode clock and date addition. Handy when you have your RFM on a lot in the workshop/games room like me

This is also the start for work on a midnight madness mode.

Anything shown is just dev not final

144AEFF4-8BD3-41CB-A8BD-6FD7C7BF92CF (resized).jpeg144AEFF4-8BD3-41CB-A8BD-6FD7C7BF92CF (resized).jpeg6F1B67D9-732F-4973-9685-0B8F30337206 (resized).jpeg6F1B67D9-732F-4973-9685-0B8F30337206 (resized).jpegB7030A79-DEFD-4A26-AD2A-F91615F032ED (resized).jpegB7030A79-DEFD-4A26-AD2A-F91615F032ED (resized).jpegB8711AF4-CF18-4F27-82B6-8D304640AE66 (resized).jpegB8711AF4-CF18-4F27-82B6-8D304640AE66 (resized).jpeg
#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

just for the records-could not find a post with that error message:
was having issues when updating my RFM. Error message on the P2000 updater was: "cannot connect on com1"
Finally, after checking connectors and settings on my PC the culprit was inside the original PC: the serial DSUB9 port on the side was internally connected on the wrong port -make sure it is connected to COM1 on the motherboard !
Update went well using win XP pro and the existing serial port.
I luckily found this solution by watching a random P2k update video and the guy was having the same issue...pure luck...I would have wasted lot´s of time...
Finally with V2.1 installed everything is prepared for the shaker to be built and implemented

Common problem with original pin2k rfm computers. Many of them shipped with the comm port cables (inside the computer box) on the wrong header or reversed. I've seen it many many times over the years. Always check this BEFORE trying to update for the first time

#2868 4 years ago

Midnight Madness mode creation underway. graphics work and testing. Creating the classic mode in pinball 2000 technicolour!

IMG_4149 (resized).JPGIMG_4149 (resized).JPG

#2875 4 years ago

This is gonna be great..

Quoted from bobwiley:

I had to google midnight madness...oh man, that is AWESOME! The Mrs. & I already determined midnight will be 9 pm at our house, otherwise we wont see that mode for years!

“It’s a full moon, expect things to be alittle crazy” ha ha ha

#2878 4 years ago

Just to show you how a new graphic is made. Using illustrator and Photoshop . These are made from scratch and drawn using the old dmd files as reference. They are not in the game rom originally. Serious amount of work but worth it for a mode like this and to maintain the high standards I insist on. 6 graphics to create in total

DAC6C0AD-6B13-4287-8701-FF3D95DF8987 (resized).jpegDAC6C0AD-6B13-4287-8701-FF3D95DF8987 (resized).jpeg
#2889 4 years ago

More graphics creation

IMG_4169 (resized).JPGIMG_4169 (resized).JPG

The mode starts... Have a short vid to share later of the mode starting up with the lamp and sound effects (like the wpc era games do)

fullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpeg

#2898 4 years ago

Installed the shaker motor today..

Hope you like the additions. Really adds to the game i think. Still love my addition for the catapult on paris in peril

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Where do you get the space for new graphics?
All images except of 2 which are in flash are in the masked roms?!
Or is your update made with new roms and only for Nucore/Pinbox?
How do modify the sound roms without the raw sounds?

Runs on original and new hardware, just like all my other updates. Space is available in flash as i discussed with you previously

#2903 4 years ago

Can't wait for the looms to be done so I can feel it in action!

Quoted from lurch:

Really stoked about this! Now i'm on the hunt for a RFM.
Shaker motor+new firmware, whats not to like?
Thanks AppleJuice for all your hard work!

Looms are paid for and the company is setting up the tooling to make them as we speak. We had to go through the process of getting a sample to check and then creating the bom etc. The sample worked perfect first time. Its taken a lot of time to get these into production, plus I'm mega out of pocket right now, but its the best way to get these manufactured on a scale that can meet the demands for everyone. Sales of them will feed back into the development of the software and help cover the costs of what's already been outlaid by my company in cash and time.

I'm hoping to receive the box of them in 2 weeks time. I'm also hoping there might be a few pics to share of them being made

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

So my stroke of luck shot always just gives 1 million points. Anywhere in settings this could be stuxk? Thanks for any advice.

What version of software are you running?

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

1.6 is what it says

Possibly you have a tournament setting turned on, which will equalise the sol awards to dullness. Check the standard and feature settings in the service menu adjustments

and UPGRADE YOUR SOFTWARE ha ha ha

#2910 4 years ago

Well, midnight madness is now included Video of game play below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byc0TzRHKkY/

Scene Select changes near midnight with a well known phrase to alert you and also the attract clock changes colour
IMG_4194 (resized).JPGIMG_4194 (resized).JPG

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Dear @applejuice
thanks a lot for your great work on that machine-keep the spirit up!
Since updating from V1.9 to V2.1 I do get those messages in the diagnostics:
"check lamp 33A left rubber martian eyes" and
"check lamp 34A right rubber martian eyes"
Seems that is related to the feature mentioned there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/49#post-4775799
I do use the original PC
Is there any feature to deactivate the "rubber martian eyes" in the adjustments?
Might have acitvated it by accident somewhere.
Have gone through them but could not find any.
Was wondering as no one else seems to "complain" about those messages yet?
thx a lot[quoted image]

Will be fixed in the next update. I needed to add an extra definition in the configs as these are optional not essential and not currently included in any modes yet.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:I have pub cards for 1.2, 1,6, 1.8 and 1.9 available for free use at York if you bring your game for free play!

Slightly bizarre, why update peoples games to old versions? v1.2, jeeees

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I think it has something to do with how the parallel port is serviced... anything could be affected... just so happens the relay and the lamps are taking a hit. They are only related to each other because they share the parallel interface.
I would love it if they opened up that software for general purpose use.

Yep, its a latched based 8 bit system, just like wpc and wpc-95, so everything would be effected, but probably only the lamps and relay are actually noticeable by eye/ear.

#2939 4 years ago

Just had an update from the loom manufacturer. My shaker & knocker looms are complete and should be being delivered here tomorrow. All 100 of them

#2943 4 years ago

People who contacted me for looms, today is the day i start sending out invoices with tracked shipping for you. Check your pinside inboxes as the day progresses.

Also i will post some pics when the box of looms arrives. This has been a long road to get here, but worth it i hope. More RFM's will soon be shaking

Remember shaker support is only included in my software update v2.1 onwards. Upgrade your game today using the download at https://mypinballs.com if not already done so.

#2950 4 years ago

Looms are being boxed up and shipping labels printed. First load is going out monday. I am working through the list of interested people, so check you pinside inbox.

I have also created a small instruction sheet which i will add a link for on my site in due course.

Thanks to all who have purchased so far.

1 week later
#2957 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Got my loom today, yay.
Now I just need dummy instructions on how to assemble everything , what shaker to use and so on

See post 2950, I will be adding a link to my instructions sheet later today. You can pretty much use any shaker you want but a stern sam shaker is easiest.

Also note the bag of extras in the kit for easy connection of said shaker

#2959 4 years ago

The Shaker & Knocker Loom install instructions for my loom product is here:

https://mypinballs.com/files/rfm-shaker-instructions_v10.pdf

Please read the instructions carefully.

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Reminds me I need to pay my invoice - will do shortly....what about connection/setup of a knocker?

Connect the knocker as shown in the instructions

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

In the instructions (the pdf link above) - I only see the shaker noted for installation......where are the instructions for the knocker?

Not sure what else you need? You just add a connector (included in the kit) to the knocker you buy and then plug it into the connection stated in the instructions in the output connection table. Easy

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Wasn't sure if you had detailed the parts/pieces you used for your knocker set-up...coil...bracket....good location...etc....I was looking more for that....

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsega-knocker-assembly.html

I linked this a few times in the thread

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Would Williams assembly also work? I have several of those.

Not really, as the knocker needs to be cab mounted so the de one is the best option. wms one are gravity fed in the backbox usually.

#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Is it possible to use a Stern SPIKE shaker 502-5027-00-02 (rev C) also? If I understand it correctly we connect the loom directly to the motor (via a fuse) and can simply discard any other stuff like controller boards bundled with the shaker.
If I can't use the SPIKE shaker then why not, wrong voltage?
Also, can I use any knocker with a spring (used for horizontal mounting) or do they differ in other ways? I can't find the standard Stern knocker anywhere near me and the shipping overseas is pretty much. Any other recommended knockers then the Stern one?

Any shaker that runs from 12v should work ok, but if you decide to use something i haven't said works or got people to test then it is at your own risk. I've said what will work ok and i'm not going to go and test every shaker out there. If people want to test other models and they work then i will keep a list/update the instructions accordingly no problem. Remember though its at your own risk ..

The DE knocker design should be able to be recreated from various parts. There isn't anything special other than using a sensible coil like a 26-1200 etc

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from CommissarisRex:

applejuice Noob question about the rfm-shaker-instructions_v10.pdf. See attached images. At my machine the left (L) socket is already in use. What to do?[quoted image][quoted image]

Move the games connector back to the rhs one and install the new cable as shown. Someone moved your connector. It doesn't really matter as they are the same outputs, but for neatness and matching the manual do the above.

#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

You have it striking the metal housing? I was going to ask where folks were installing theirs.....

You can mount it anywhere you want really just make your connection the appropriate length. I mount mine in the same front right place as the shaker

#3002 4 years ago

Ok let me clarify a few things.

1) Knockers should have a coil diode. Pinball 2000 had coil diodes on all coils and diodes on the power driver board. For reliability, so follow the same. Make sure the +50v voltage wire goes to the banded side. Brown on my looms.

2) Shaker motors and knockers should fit perfectly well in the front rhs of the cabinet. There shouldn't be any need to do anything particularly special. The loom was made and tested in various games beforehand and i spent along time perfecting it. I dont understand why the tilt bob is shown on the rhs on 1 game above. I can only assume this is not factory.

See my game installation below.

IMG_4399 (resized).JPGIMG_4399 (resized).JPGIMG_4400 (resized).JPGIMG_4400 (resized).JPG

I will most likely update this info into the instruction doc when i get time

#3007 4 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

It is off course not a hack or some modification!
During production of the games they mounted the tilt on the right and on the left side!

Well, there must be a pattern here somewhere as the loom has to be different for this move.... Must be a range of serial numbers or games to certain countries originally.

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Moving the tilt assembly seems to be the easiest, leaving your loom as-is. The coin door PCB will need to be shifted towards the front as well as the cable clamps. This will free up the space on the right side for the shaker. This is what I intend to do.

I'm meaning the rfm cabinet loom. If you move your tilt bob does the cabinet loom still reach. What is your serial number for your game, and what country does the sticker say inside?

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from retroworld2k:

Tested the shaker yesterday and I really like it.
Thanks for the afford. When you plan to release the 2.2 version?

My favourite 'shake' add ons, the small shake as robo-lincoln plants one on the martian at the mode end, the catapult items as they hit the saucer in paris in peril and the hits to the large martian in martian attack. More detail to add to

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yup I just moved mine... no problem whatsoever!

Ok, so i think we can safely say, having the tilt bob on the lhs (like pretty much every pinball game ever made!) is the best option and its not too taxing to move it if for some reason your have an rfm with the rhs mounted one. the rhs is the best place for the shaker along with the knocker once you have space.

I'll add the info to the instruction doc when i get a minute.

#3029 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

MRS Update: I decided to go back to the drawing board to squeeze as much sensitivity as I could from the form-factor before calling this project a success. And to that end, I succeeded....and have 8 completed switches....I've got reznnate for 3 switches and I'd like to get another 4 switches into folks' hands so they can kick the tires on these before I complete more switches......so shoot me a PM - I've got 4 I can ship - but I don't want them squirreled away, but I want them used in a game or what have you....
Here's a pic of #3 (of 8 )
Matt
[quoted image]

I’d like to test 1 of these. Great work

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

applejuice - I love your 2.1 code! It's so, so much more complete and fun game than how I got it last week (with 1.2 code), thank you!
I've ordered your loom and plan to install a knocker and shaker.
I'm very intrigued by this 6-ball option. Do you have any further details on how to perform this upgrade? I guess we need to obtain a new opto board, at a minimum?

Thanks for the comment, it is appreciated.

The 6 ball trough is still work in progress right now, as i'm working out the best way to integrate it. There are a few hardware challenges to overcome

#3041 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Sure.
This kit uses a different concept for covering the weights than the one that applejuice used. That one just covers the weights, this one covers the whole assembly. I assume that the idea is to keep errant wires, etc. out of the swing of the weights rather than act as a dust cover, so I'm not worried about cutting into the middle part. Also, I'm pretty sure that there's nowhere in the corner you could mount this one without interference. Obviously I didn't think about this when I placed the motor, and I'm really glad that the foot fell in a location where it was only conflicting with the cover, and not the frame of the motor, or even worse, the path of one of the weights!
In time, if the cut bugs me, I'll probably end up designing a 3D printable set of end covers.
Also, on a side note, there's no path in the cover for the wires to route through, so there will be some cutting involved regardless. Actually, there is a hole on the top of the cover that I assumed was to catch the mounting screw for the fuse holder. Since this mod involves cutting the connector off, I suppose you could thread the wires through that hole, but then you'd need to mount the fuse somewhere else.[quoted image][quoted image]

Why didn't you just mount the shaker to the far rhs side, as your pic shows a gap of about an inch next to the cab side? Others have mounted the stock stern shaker ok without cutting into the case.

#3045 4 years ago

Martin Weist (from pinball2000.de) mounted his ok see below. (He decided to use the stern driver board, though as the instructions mention, you don't need to if you install the fuse)

http://www.pinball2000.de/local_images/shake_7.jpg

shake_7 (resized).jpgshake_7 (resized).jpg

Maybe as far right as possible and as far front as possible will give just enough room. As i mentioned, these were tested in other peoples game first, but maybe there is some variation with cases or makes etc. You could also adjust the bottom of the case to allow it to move further right.

At the end of the day its up to the individual how they mount it. The game supports them fine now with v2.1

#3063 4 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Blown fuse.
And your shaker needs a resistor 1ohm/10W for example

No it doesn’t need a resistor . As I said in my instruction sheet we are running from 12v dc directly not a rectified ac voltage like on stern sam games

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Sonic : if shipping to France is feasible, I'm in
To All: man down, need help.
My rfm is original with 2.10.
I've set-up a shaker with a 12v motor used for stern shaker. Direct connection plus the fuse(2.5A SB).
When I made the test in coil test menu, the activation of the shaker worked well but the menu was going back one level directly.
I suspected a small bug. I anyway activated the shaker in the settings and launched a game.
And that worked well, shaker went on during the missile launches etc. SO GREAT AND SO SHAKY
but suddenly, I had a "DOOR OPEN, 50V disabled" message. The door was still closed.
I checked the switch and it was not unplugged. I was also no longer able to use the door buttons to go to the menu.
I then restarted the pinball and it seems the pinball had a reset.
I'm now on the country selector menu and I can't move as buttons are still non operational.
So much frustration.
Any guidance ??
applejuice : how can I make a donation, shaker addition is so cool !

I would double check you didn’t dislodge the cabinet switch plug on the driver board when you installed the new loom.

As for donations visit my site https://myPinballs.com the button to donate is next to the download image and link. Any donations are greatly received as it takes hundreds of hours along with testing to create decent updates. Not to mention stumping up the cash for all shaker looms up front.

Speaking of which I have an idea to commission some new graphics for a new feature mode. Set In an abandoned theme park with zombies perhaps then the aliens turn up....

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

You win !
Putting a new fuse helped me to get the pinball running again.
The settings were lost so I put again in free play and shaker enabled.
I managed to play some balls and shaker was working but I got some messages as 'OPEN DOOR to operate buttons' after shaker activation.
I also got few TILT on strong activation
Then finally, fuse blew again.
applejuice, no diode is needed on shaker ? I'm suspecting some current to go back due to shaker induction by inertia.

Can we check that you plugged the shaker into the 12v connector and not the 50v one. 12v for shaker (orange and yellow), 50v for knocker (brown and blue). See instructions for more detail. I don't see why a 50v fuse would blow if you run a 12v motor. Also i've not seen the need for additional diodes on shaker motors unless you feed an ac voltage instead of a dc one.

The driver board has coil diodes included on every output (even though coils have them to, backup i guess) so my only thought currently is perhaps the coil diode for the shaker drive is leaking and potentially shorting the 50v line when activated.

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Finally got 20 minutes of my life to myself to mount the shaker ...
I put it as far right and front as possible... so it would be easy to get the cover on and off. The blocking for the prop rod and the leg anchor pretty much determined where it was to be mounted
I marked the two holes closest to the coin box and piloted them. From the underside I marked and piloted the other two holes that are closest to the cabinet wall (because the drill won’t fit for a straight hole... the wall is in the way)
Once the pilots were done I countersunk the underside where the T-nuts are pressed in. Totally unnecessary step... but I like the way it looks.
I used a 6mm brad point bit to cut the holes for the T-nuts. Stay away from twist drills, they make a mess, wander and blow out the material.
BTW...the factory Stern kit comes with the bolts and T-nuts needed for mounting.
The rest was just attaching the shaker with the bolts and putting the cover on.
Perfect fit !!!
This is basic stuff ... I mean ... drill 4 holes right? ... but I thought others may like
to see it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work. Was thinking earlier what would be great is possibly making a template drawing that I could include with the instructions. What do you think? Might help future people line them up easier

#3080 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Here is a drill/mounting template for the SAM shaker.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_evWok7HFRm9fF2oO7KdA2fCGo_aC76_
You've got about 1/16" of margin on the right side of the template, just cut along the dotted line, but I would not cut off the dotted line, otherwise your shaker may be too close to the wall. Mark your holes and do a quick “dry” fit of the motor before you commit to drilling. I hope this makes installation easy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Perfect! I will add this to the Instructions pdf file download. Many thanks for doing this.

2 weeks later
#3099 4 years ago

Loom ordering now included on my website, along with an install instructions download link. See the RFM section on the front page.

https://mypinballs.com

1 week later
#3122 4 years ago

I have some monitor chassis's available for wells gardner monitors and ducksan to i think, plus some original computer parts if you are in need of something. motherboards, prism cards, empty cases, sound cards etc etc. Get in touch if you need something.

#3123 4 years ago

Code updates wise, working on finishing up the midnight madness mode and some other tweaks. Aiming for 1 more release this year time depending

1 month later
#3258 4 years ago

So are you ready for a Halloween Party?

New software version v2.2 coming 31st October 2019 all being well. Is about to go out to my beta testers..

Maybe you'll want to get some friends round to try out these new features, and maybe play at midnight to??
IMG_5186 (resized).JPGIMG_5186 (resized).JPGIMG_5187 (resized).JPGIMG_5187 (resized).JPGfullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1096 (resized).jpeg

#3263 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Sweet. Really looking forward to it. Any patch notes we can take a sneak peak at?

This is how it stands right now..

v2.20 RFM Update

Attract - Added mypinballs logo to software version screen
Attract - Added clock and date display with adjustments
Attract - Added midnight madness ready detection to clock display
Attack Mars - Lowered default champ score to 200mil
Scene - Added midnight madness ready detection
Martian Bombs - Added new playfield lamp effect to aid player when martian bombs are lit (using shooter lane GI lamps)
Midnight Madness - Added New Mode. Start a game close to midnight…
Tower Struggle - Added more shaker effects - To martian splats and saucer explodes
System - Fixed problem with optional martian lamps showing up in lamp test as broken
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects for active wave using saucer and mode feature lamps
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects to show global game progression during mode
Drive in Demolition - added More shaker effects to tank and car/truck weapons
Party Modes - New feature. Select special flipper options for party play
Happy Hour - Added new feature for ‘drunk’ flippers

XINA 1.32
Lamps - Add option to ignore lamp test. For use if LEDs are installed
Lamps - Added experimental RC charge and decay values for better LED lamp testing
System - Improved some Adjustment setting housekeeping
System - Added new menu item and infrastructure for Party Mode settings section
Flippers - Amended the logic for bad eos switch flipper retriggering as this conflicts now with a no hold party mode.

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

"No hold flippers" - meaning you won't be able to cradle a ball with this option on?

yes, party on!

2 weeks later
#3296 4 years ago

4 days people to Halloween and the release of v2.2 and some midnight play with reversed flippers! Check https://myPinballs.com from 12am gmt 31st Oct

Tests have gone well and now passed my beta testers attempts to break it, though I’ve spent an awful long time squashing bugs for this! As i add more it gets more tricky to shoehorn it into the space and still keep the original hardware space and 4mb ram options alive!!

To the Martian emperor! Cheers

*Please give generously to the code cause

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from longtemps1:

This is amazing, Applejuice. But here is a sideways question:
I only received my RFM a few weeks ago, just getting to know it. I quickly noticed that the “knock” sound programmed in (my system is rocking version 1.4 of the software) sounds more like a grating metallic crunch than a knock on a wood cabinet. Assuming this is just a matter of the sound that was sampled, can (has) this knock sound be (been) changed to be a little less horrid?

If you update to v2.1 or newer then you can add a real knocker. You also need to buy a loom kit off me (for connecting up the knocker assembly) It also allows a shaker motor to be used. Go to https://mypinballs.com to order.

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from dergroover:

Hello together,
yesterday I installed the shaker and knocker with the "original" loom of Applejuice. Shaker has been built by my own (Torpedo 800 engine; 12V, 65W and a fuse 2,5A). The knocker is as recommended here from Data East.
Unfortunately it blows my fuse 101 after testing directly. I already exchange it two times
Then I disconnected the knocker and tried only the shaker. Starting a game you can feel the shaker but during its activitation phase my flipper flinger are flipping in parallel to the shaker....after a while /some seconds it is followd by the TILT as mentioned some posts earlier. My fuse 101 this time was not blown...but maybe if your are going to repeat that it will blow!?
In post #3253 it has been explained that after installation of a diode and resistance the above described problem seems to vanish. But applejuice has stated that you can use the shaker/knocker without it.
Please see photo of my board and Shaker&Knocker.
Some ideas/recommendations?
P.S.: I had the need to postpone my tilt form rhs to lhs....and I had to put the original board cable from lhs to rhs; some posts earlier this had been already described by Applejuice.[quoted image][quoted image]

F101 is the 50v fuse for the voltage being given to the knocker. It has nothing to do with the shaker. On this problem you need to check :

1) the fuse value is a 4A slow blow
2) the transistor drive for the knocker is good - Q44
3) the coil used for the knocker is good and either a 26-1200 or 23-800
4) there is a diode on the coil

Regarding the shaker, there are many different shaker motors with different specs and powers it seems. My setup works perfect, but maybe your motor is creating more spikes or something that need suppression. Its hard to tell without seeing the game. Try adding a 3A diode 1N5404 or similar in series with the power input wire and shaker fuse. It shouldn't hurt and will only drop the voltage input alittle. A diode in parallel with the motor is another idea like with regular coils. *Please note, these are just ideas, not a guaranteed solution!

#3310 4 years ago

v2.2 Goes live 12AM October 31st GMT. Available at https://mypinballs.com

rfm_v220_update_splash (resized).jpgrfm_v220_update_splash (resized).jpg

Update notes are:

v2.20 RFM Update

Attract - Added mypinballs logo to software version screen
Attract - Added clock and date display with adjustments
Attract - Added midnight madness ready detection to clock display
Attack Mars - Lowered default champ score to 200mil
Scene - Added midnight madness ready detection
Martian Bombs - Added new playfield lamp effect to aid player when martian bombs are lit (using shooter lane GI lamps)
Midnight Madness - Added New Mode. Start a game close to midnight…
Tower Struggle - Added more shaker effects - To martian splats and saucer explodes
System - Fixed problem with optional martian lamps showing up in lamp test as broken
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects for active wave using saucer and mode feature lamps
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects to show global game progression during mode
Drive in Demolition - added More shaker effects to tank and car/truck weapons
Party Modes - New feature. Select special flipper options for party play
Happy Hour - Added new feature for ‘drunk’ flippers

XINA 1.32
Lamps - Add option to ignore lamp test. For use if LEDs are installed
Lamps - Added experimental RC charge and decay values for better LED lamp testing
System - Improved some Adjustment setting housekeeping
System - Added new menu item for party modes
Flippers - amended the logic for bad eos switch flipper retriggering as this conflicts now with a no hold party mode.

and the full list is available at https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp

Please donate if you like this software and you want more updates in the future. Donations help support this and our other many pinball projects.

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from PinNeu:

Hopefully his helps taken from the Revenge From Mars Operators Guide Section 3 Game Wiring and Schematics
Updated page 3-7 the Solenoid table and Page 3-9 added the Shaker and Knocker info - I added them here as the circuits are Drive Bank D (flashlamps) and do not have any diode protection on the Power Driver and normally are Flashlamps on SWEP1[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for doing this. I am updating the instructions sheet i created for the install. If you could send me the hi res versions of your images, specifically the wiring diagram one then i'll include it in the instruction sheet along with the shaker template and my instructions info. From now on i'll include 2 1N4007 diodes in the loom kit and refer to adding a protection diode for both devices. Just easier and covers all bases. There's just too many variations to try and sort it out individually.

#3317 4 years ago

For those interested, my shaker and knocker instruction sheet is now updated with more info including knocker wiring installation, diode placement and a recreated rfm solenoid table. Download from same place as before at https://mypinballs.com

1 week later
#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptronic:

Anyone w/ a Nucore system been able to success apply the new SW updates if so - how did you do it? I have the wiring loom, shaker, knocker and can't wait to try midnight madness - any tips on how to manage?

Appreciate the help and step by step instructions greatly apprecated

Why not read my update help instructions on my website to? The video posted is based on what I noted down! Updating pinbox/nucore is fairly straightforward but not as clean as original games as these systems were meant as fixed emulation types. We work round this though

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just got v2.2 loaded - thanks to Jim for a job well done - you've truly made RFM a more valuable pin by making it's playability even better....remember to support Jim and his efforts by buying the loom for the knocker/shaker or heck anything else he has on his site (like my blackout board!) for sale....thanks again Jim - love the drunken flippers....great touch!
Matt

Bonus Points for the first person to spot the 'Drunken Flippers' option! I snook that in there for people to turn on when you get your mates round and not say anything!! ha ha ha

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptronic:

So to add a little bit more color to the post. Was running Nucore 2.25 up to this point and fully working - followed all the instructions to a tee, root access etc. removed and replaced the files in both instructions sets (both the youtube clip and pinballs instructions) but now machine gets caught in an endless loop the error screen captured above was inbetween the loop where essentially the Nucore bootup screen comes on then black screens to this. Which once again leads me to the question is anyone w/ Nucore running this update? I know that everyone is saying pinbox file structure is the same as Nucore but if that was the case then the udpate should have worked as I accessed all the files and replaced according. I believe most are using pinbox who have applied the update but would like to hear from someone using Nucore on if they had any issues. And thanks to all on this forum for the help.

Nucore will run it fine.

Post what’s in the folders you changed so I can see the file names and sizes

Sometimes the update.bin file isn’t recreated correctly and sticks at 0 bytes. In this case just delete it and try again with a reboot

#3357 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Contact @boryguard ... I think he debugs pin2k computers

Or me and I’m closer to Europe. I fix Pin2k machines all the time and have loads of spares plus I can build pinbox replacements to

1 week later
#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from harig:

IIRC the latest code V2.2 has some functionality to deactivate the "lamp check" - so it does not indicate a fault when LEDs are used....to be checked...just what i remember...
EDIT: by checking the logfile https://mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp I think my post above is not correct...to be checked in the settings

Yes, v2.2 has an option to ignore lamp faults. For led users

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx Paul (and others)
well, not sure how much time RFM will stay home, as it was more a "transit" pin before JP is done (talking about code, remember, i'm a "player")
and of course i knew already before about RFM, than my wife played few games & said : "why do you want to let this pin go so fast !? as its a very funny one !!! and no as all others" (lol)
we'll see than...
almost i have to clean the playfield, even if again it plays very well already, as i've beaten MARS on my 4th game on it (factory settings, 1.5 code)
i know highest scores needs to beat MARS almost twice in a game
[quoted image]

Update your software and you might enjoy it more ...

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

You also need to reset hstd (reset all the scores to default) to have the updated values reflected.

Exactly what I was about to say. Defaults when changed do nothing until the next high score reset event as real scores are in place or at least it thinks so

#3393 4 years ago

A question to RFM owners. Any more 'party mode' flipper options that people would like to see?

1 week later
#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Holy crap thank you for the very detailed response! I started with what Zitt suggested and I tested all the transistors and they all checked good with two exceptions (see picture). Do you guys happen to know the part numbers for these transistors lol?
[quoted image]
Edit: to be clear, these two transistors (the exact ones needed for the shaker and knocker) were depopulated on my board. Why? I have no idea. But "there's yer problem"

Jeeez, missing transistors are certainly going to cause a problem.

My guess would be these transistors were ‘borrowed’ by an operator as originally they were not used so could be used to fix another fault to keep the game earning

Probably not that uncommon

#3438 4 years ago

Shameless plug to ask for donations to the software cause, if you like what i've done with RFM. 3 new releases in the last year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

https://mypinballs.com and click on the donate button

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What is the most recent code for the game? I’m picking up one that has 2.1 on it but I thought there was a 2.2 out but I’m not finding it anywhere. If there is a 2.2 out, what’s the differences from 2.1?

Just go to my site - https://myPinballs.com

And please donate if you use the software

As I said via pm the latest version is v2.2 released on 31st October this year

2 months later
#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, surelly my last com here as RFM should leave home tonight... for sure, this one will be in the top "i miss it" pins list... but have no other choice, only 2 places/pins home, i have to make them turn around to simply play something else
and while i'm here, a last word to Jim (including again a big TANX & BRAVO for the update code)
i had this situation this morning :
not sure how the code is working to check conditions to start wizard mode (seems its just after having changed mission, at the begining of the next/new one, and not at the end of the previous one), as :
all was done to get ATTACK MARS, mission than change for the next one which was HAPPY HOUR (with DRUNK FLIPPERS)
than directly ATTACK MARS become available with the center jump shoot, which i start, and than i keep the inverted flippers for all the WIZARD MODE (i won anyway, and beating my HS lol)...
not sure you know about this, not sure you have to correct it (because it was unusual & fun to play it as it), but almost you know it happends
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
to all RFM owners, have a nice day & enjoy your pin

Thanks for the feedback. Yes there are some scenarios where drunk flippers if enabled don't disable when changing to other modes, due to the transition process and the way the mode start works. I will look into making it more seamless when i have time.

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from thesav:

I ended up mounting the diode on the terminals right near the armature of the shaker - just enough clearance - woohoo.
Everything worked brilliantly, didn’t even blow a fuse or transistor! Thanks @applejuice for making this whole thing happen, for the software updates, the loom and all your blood sweat and tears.

Thanks for the message. Yes, you shouldn't have any issues with fuses or transistors if you follow the instructions. Also, yes there has been plenty of blood sweat and tears making all this stuff work, code wise especially... There isn't much space available in the flash ram, so lots of ingenious ideas had to be invoked..! But theres plenty of new features in the game now and not just the shaker stuff.

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

To follow up: these worked great.
As regards the knocker:

I sourced a 1N4007 diode then went to go solder it in and hook back up, and lo and behold, there already seems to be one!
[quoted image]
That's definitely a diode - I can't bloody see well enough to tell if it's a 1N4007, but I did confirm it was oriented correctly according to the diagram at https://mypinballs.com/files/rfm-shaker-instructions_v11.pdf. But to be sure, I flipped the wired going to the knocker... same deal. I immediately blow a fuse when I start the knocker in test mode.
I'm getting really good at getting to that damn fuse. =)
That's not expected behaviour, right? In other words, testing the knocker isn't blowing your 101 fuse?
Is there any reason to think this diode isn't sufficient? I have a 1N4007 I could swap in instead.

My suggestion here would be to solder everything first, then work out if your issue is driver board related or not. You can easily test the knocker directly by using a lead on the ground path. If it activates ok doing this then you know its driver board and possibly transistor related. No fuses should ever be blowing when they are correct values really. When making these updates lots and lots and lots of testing was done first!!

2 weeks later
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Trying to change the BR2325 battery, the boards are stuck together pretty tight, is there a easier way to separate these other than brute force?

There’s a special williams tool. Don’t use a screwdriver unless you want a bust prism

#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Trying to change the BR2325 battery, the boards are stuck together pretty tight, is there a easier way to separate these other than brute force?

There’s a special williams tool. Don’t use a screwdriver unless you want a bust prism

I’m in the process of making some 3D printed reproductions

#3557 3 years ago

So here it is. A newly remade prism card separator tool. With a keychain hole ready so its not lost!

£15 plus shipping wherever you are. This again helps support the development of more code as well as helping to keep my business going.

Contact me via pm for payment details. I will also be adding this to my website soon

Pic shows original williams tool at bottom of pic and my remake above at the top

gun lock sound roms - 1 (resized).jpggun lock sound roms - 1 (resized).jpg

#3561 3 years ago

A new update for you rfm pinball fans stuck at home during this self isolation world wide problem. Stay safe and play some RFM!

There are 2 new high score champion scores to beat Saucer Light Champion and Multiball Ships Destroyed Champion and i have also added a request for operators to be able to clear credits on reboot. There is a new setting for this.

I hope to have this out in a few days. As always please consider donating again or for the first time if you use this software and enjoy receiving updates for old games.

v2.21

Update notes:

v2.21 RFM Update
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucer lights collected
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucers destroyed during multi ball
Saucer Lights - added monitoring and storage of saucer lights per player game for hs use
Multiball - added monitoring and storage of saucers destroyed per player game for hs use

XINA 1.33
Credits - Added a new setting to allow reset of the credits at boot
Credits - Credits are now cleared on boot if the setting is set

Some pics of testing

IMG_6366 (resized).JPGIMG_6366 (resized).JPGIMG_6361 (resized).JPGIMG_6361 (resized).JPGIMG_6367 (resized).JPGIMG_6367 (resized).JPGIMG_6363 (resized).JPGIMG_6363 (resized).JPG

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Suggestion for a possible rule:
Is it an idea to start Bonus Wave multiball with 2 balls if you have 0 flawless modes, and with 3 balls if you have 1 or 2 flawless modes and with 4 balls if you have all 3 modes flawless? You can already 'earn' add a balls, but starting with more balls would be an extra short-term motivation for finishing modes flawless.

Maybe, i changed the bonus wave modes to start with 2 and then earn your additional balls, instead of 4 ,as 4 was just too easy to complete it. I actually think having to fill up the ship twice make be better before your get mothership multiball

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

2026??
now is this 2038 safe?

Firstly, think about the new features not about the fact i forgot to set my time!

Secondly, the RTC comes from the motherboard clock and supports dates upto 2079. The starting date is 1994. So its not going to be a problem in 2038, even though this is a 32bit system. Plus its not like you'll be doing your business accounts on an old arcade machine is it.

IMG_6378 (resized).JPGIMG_6378 (resized).JPG

Also, The xina system itself creates a TimeStamp structure that actually support years upto 9999, but loads the RTC value from the motherboard as a system time object.

And any software updates are not going to effect any of this stuff as its set for everything, even v0.98

In summary relax!

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Ok, one more question, this regarding Shaker installation. The harness instructions say to use J111, but my J111 is in use? So I use J110? (I assume my lighted saucer mod is powered by the plug currently in J110). Are J110 and J111 essentially the same?
Edit: Disregard, post #2971, they are the same, sorry.
[quoted image]

Hi, as you found out j111 and j110 are the same. For purity the official WMS connector should be in j110 as per the manual. The auxiliary one in j111.

#3575 3 years ago

Some new colours turquoise and purple

0BAD0F4E-F798-4E89-AF65-7584C127732F (resized).jpeg0BAD0F4E-F798-4E89-AF65-7584C127732F (resized).jpegDEE3064F-1737-409F-B7E1-1CA1FB5405F0 (resized).jpegDEE3064F-1737-409F-B7E1-1CA1FB5405F0 (resized).jpeg
#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I posted earlier but got no reply. How do you reprogram the PUB card? I bought one with a much earlier revision of Applejuice's software. I would love to keep it current, but it makes no sense to pop for a new PUB card every time there is an update.
Thanks.

Just use a windows computer to update it if you don't want to pay for the pub card updating. There's plenty of documents online on how to use the fupdate command with windows 10.

Also i may create a new pinball 2000 updater program for windows 10 if there is interest. Or a virtual box image for xp and the old software preinstalled.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Both of these things sound very nice 'quality of life' improvements. I would love to see you do this.
But the work involved might outweigh the few number of people who would benefit or be willing to donate for the cause.
Pinsiders are cheap bastards until we're asked to pay $300 for glass or $400 for a $50 LCD display.

If i was in this for a cash grab then i wouldn't have started, as you have to put in 1000's of hours to make decent updates to old long forgotten hardware and pinball games!!!!

Buts it is good to get donations for the cause when new releases are out, ie each time, so for anyone using my software please do donate, you never know what else will be included and given away I think i've shown what can be done and given back when you try hard and have passion.

#3589 3 years ago

Here it is: v2.21. Download from https://mypinballs.com and click donate

Update notes

v2.21 RFM Update

Attract - Added new high score screen for saucer lights collected
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucers destroyed during multi ball
Saucer Lights - added monitoring and storage of saucer lights per player game for hs use
Multiball - added monitoring and storage of saucers destroyed per player game for hs use
Multiball - fixed a bug where some ship destroyed shots would not shake the shaker

XINA 1.33
Credits - Added a new setting to allow reset of the credits at boot
Credits - Credits are now cleared on boot if the setting is set
System - Added some new colour definitions - Purple, Turquoise, Brown

Enjoy, and stay safe inside

rfm_v221_update_splash (resized).jpgrfm_v221_update_splash (resized).jpg

#3590 3 years ago

Also, in the works...

The plan/mission being to make a brand new pinball 2000 software update program wrapper for fupdate cross platform completely from scratch that will run on any hardware i.e windows, mac os or linux. Will still be connecting to the original hardware via serial as we are fixed at the pin2000 game side, so usb to serial adapters will be needed still.

I also think there could be room for other tools to be added to it, but we will start here.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 09.35.00 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-06 09.35.00 (resized).png

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

does anyone know the name/part no. of the service item that allowed you to position it under the monitor with the P2K glass off and still view the monitor image? it looks like a piece of [reflective?] acrylic that sits just above the cabinet and is captured by the [rollers] of the cabinet head to stay in place

You just use the translite. It’s designed to fit underneath

#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don’t think that I made myself clear, I have one (it’s an official Bally service part) but
I don’t remember where I got it, what the part no. is or what it’s officially called (after watching the video, it's called a dedicated service mirror)
[quoted image]
like I stated prior, I’ve left the club and am cataloging all the NOS parts that I have to sell (over $3500 worth of parts)

Are you sure someone didn't just flog you some square cut perspex translite size and say, yeah these are original wms parts.... ha ha. Just joking, good luck with the parts sales

#3606 3 years ago

Progress on the new updater software. List of software update files working and list of computer specific serial devices working. Also cleaned up the pin2k logo

Still lots to do though

Screenshot 2020-04-08 10.15.02 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-08 10.15.02 (resized).png

#3611 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

A question:
Does anyone know if instead of a BR2335 I can use a CR2335 for a PRISM card? The BR2335 is quite hard to get. When I google, I find this:

"Characteristically, CR type batteries begin with a slightly higher voltage than BR during discharge. However, as a CR cell discharges, the operating voltage drops over time because of the rise in internal impedance."
I'm not sure if that can be a problem for the PRISM board?

Edit: I know found this: https://www.master-instruments.com.au/files/knowledge-centre/engineering/guides-and-selection-charts/panasonic___selecting_the_right_lithium_battery_br_or_cr_series.pdf
It looks like it's safer to find a BR2335.

Don’t use a cr type they are not as good and can leak. Br type was Used for a reason

I have good stock of them (br2325) and a quality make to - Panasonic

#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from maxrpm:

I used a strip of black Gorilla brand duct tape[quoted image]

Looking good. One suggestion is a black rubber kit works better on this game especially up the top as white rubbers when new can interfere with the graphic projection seemless nature alittle

#3618 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Cleaning up nice. Almost there.. That upper PF took some time to clean and assembly back properly. I already can't wait to play it! What was on the front of that ball catcher assembly? Was it mylar or something? Mine seems to be worn off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice cleanup job looks great

#3627 3 years ago

First connection tests

Screenshot 2020-04-10 12.13.21 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-10 12.13.21 (resized).png
#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Do you sell them? If not, no problem: I'll find one somewhere. Just wondering if you'd mind selling one (or more, if others are interested too).
PS: The PRISM separator arrived. I'll find out how to use it when I have a BR-battery .

Yes I sell them £5 each plus postage. I can get as many as needed no worries

1 week later
#3649 3 years ago

Another update on the new updater program.

Here is a screen shot of the first successful packet transmission between my mac and my test original pin2k computer. Possibly the first ever native (see below) packet transmission that isnt windows based.

The program has its own completely rewritten packet transmission system internally so that cross compiling the program will be easier. I am not using the fupdate program at all. Mainly this is because recompiling that for multiple systems seems a waste of time and secondly i want to be more independent than including old wms tools even though that program was released with the source freely available. It should be stated though the the fupdate source is an invaluable resource in terms of working out how this stuff works!! Thanks to williams yet again.

Still some hurdles to overcome, but to get a successful acknowledgement form the pin2k computer is a good step.

Another bonus for writing this tool is i have learnt a lot more (again) about the pin2k system and have some more ideas on how to possibly save valuable flash ram space for old machines on future updates.

IMG_6472 (resized).JPGIMG_6472 (resized).JPG

#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Any way to get it too boot from say an disk?
Does any updates update the pci card Option ROM (boot)

No, The original pin2k hardware is fixed. What we can do, is work out ways to make the best use of it

#3662 3 years ago

looks promising

IMG_6479 (resized).JPGIMG_6479 (resized).JPG

#3663 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

So I just picked up and RFM to stand in with my AFM... can someone give me a quick Synop of what I should "do" to it IE "correcting" the problem areas? Etc?
Thanks!

Tell us what software you are running. Upgrade it to v2.21 and get a shaker, knocker and loom. And get my rgb saucer kit.

#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I'm sure the software is old as sin, this was buried in a mooselodge.
Link me to your stuff!

myPinballs.com

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I'm sure the software is old as sin, this was buried in a mooselodge.

Always interesting to know whats lurking on the prism card. Snap shot the system info screen so i can see whats on it.

#3677 3 years ago

Another update on the new updater program

Bingo! Fathomed it. Deliberately bricked an update to make it unusable and so forced the game to boot from roms, then ran my updater.

This is the first native update from a mac i think and also the first update ever not to use fupdate.exe

fullsizeoutput_1197 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1197 (resized).jpegIMG_6517 (resized).JPGIMG_6517 (resized).JPGIMG_6516 (resized).JPGIMG_6516 (resized).JPG

#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Not gonna lie... psyched to have this work on my MacBook Pro!!! Donations forthcoming!!!

Yep, making this application run across all 3 main os systems is the goal. I don't want to leave anyone out basically. You shouldn't have to worry about what operating system you choose to use in 2020, the app should just work!

My personal choice is mac to

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Out of curiosity I would assume using a PUB would still be quicker than via a PC either way right?

Not really. Pub cards have to be programmed first and then plugged into the computer directly which means opening up the backbox and moving/removing the computer etc. Hassle!!, especially if you have the game in a line up and getting down the side isn't easy.

So connecting up your modern computer with the handy inside door serial connection (may need to start providing new ones of these as options) will be nice and easy and hassle free.

#3698 3 years ago

A new windows added to the updater program. Game Statistics and Info in 1 handy window.

Any suggestions on what you'd like to see in here?

Screenshot 2020-04-24 13.35.23 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-24 13.35.23 (resized).png

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

A new windows added to the updater program. Game Statistics and Info in 1 handy window.
Any suggestions on what you'd like to see in here?
[quoted image]

One suggestion so far is to have the full list of audits then a way to enable and disable them in this window (not on the game) to customise your own view of what you want to see.

#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

"Martian Tank:
This mode is pretty tough to complete. Basically there is a moving tank target with two martians sitting aboard on both sides. The object is to destroy both martians. Doing this will get you a Flawless rating. Good luck."
http://pinball.org/rules/revengefrommars.html
I didn't understand beyond trying to shoot for targets as the tank is close to them.

Its always about going for the flawless option on any mode. Tank is another great mode that shows this game is alot more than just shoot up the middle

'Watch the Paint!'

#3706 3 years ago

A few pics of the wip for the stats window, now with an edit window and an a way to enable and disable what you see on the main window. The full list is selected at the start and you can turn off and back on what you want. There will also be a print out option.

Screenshot 2020-04-25 17.43.53 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-25 17.43.53 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-25 17.44.08 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-25 17.44.08 (resized).png

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Since I have never seen video of Martian Tank, does anybody know what music plays during it?
I saw that for other three mystery modes, music from other modes plays. Alien abducton music plays during Martian Aerobics, Mars knead women music plays during Martian Bowling and Tower Struggle music plays during Martian Autopsy

Secret Weapon

#3713 3 years ago

latest pic of the audits window dev. Anything selected as disabled is hidden form the output window, but is still there for re-enabling

Screenshot 2020-04-26 12.26.08 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-26 12.26.08 (resized).png

#3714 3 years ago

new application icon, scalable

Screenshot 2020-04-29 11.00.39 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-29 11.00.39 (resized).png

#3715 3 years ago

Couple of update pics for the main application.

When you load the app and its not connected to a game you get a list of all update packages in your local folder (or a remote drive) with the machine name and the version listed. (The original software was blank until you connected to something.)

Screenshot 2020-04-30 17.31.39 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-30 17.31.39 (resized).png

When you connect to a game the list of available updates changes to only show that games specific updates.

Screenshot 2020-04-30 17.32.52 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-04-30 17.32.52 (resized).png

#3716 3 years ago

Options for printing out your chosen stats

Stats Window with print button

Screenshot 2020-05-01 23.04.37 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-01 23.04.37 (resized).png

Generated print output on right

Screenshot 2020-05-01 23.06.41 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-01 23.06.41 (resized).png

#3717 3 years ago

Also, i'm thinking about adding options to allow game software updates on pinbox machines using this app to, via the use of std crossover network cable. Does this sound like an option people like? It may be an option i add in a future update though.

#3725 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Where did you get your cap kit?
Also, where can I find an appropriate cable to use the upcoming software updater?

I will be offering cable sets for use with the new updater program. I am currently testing various serial adapters to find the best ones, plus some cables for pinbox use to

#3726 3 years ago

Some new pics of the first pinbox connection and update options.

There is now a slide button to select original or pinbox hardware and some new options in the preferences window. When you select pinbox the connection options change on the main window but you still connect via the same buttons as with original hardware. Pinbox updates should be pretty quick as we are using a different update method here.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 18.50.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-06 18.50.29 (resized).png

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

I have discovered something that might be a bug (I am using version 2.21).
When you have martian multiball ready and you shoot stroke of luck and get payback time award it times out (ball stays in the scoop) and after payback time timeout the martian multiball starts.

Thanks for the message. Hmmmm, i will have to take look at that Possibly i need to update the sol award logic not to include/award payback time if martian multiball is ready.

I also need to improve a few things on the payback time graphics to. Already in the list and works. Payback time is a T2 homage if people haven't seen it yet or played it.

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Thank you for your great work on the updates. I have achieved payback time a few times but failed to shoot at the left ramp in time to actually start it (I assume that is the way to start that mode).

Yep it’s left ramp then right ramp then left etc. Award increases each time you make it and resets the timer

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Hi everyone,
I recently picked up a RFM and after replacing the monitor and rebuilding the flipper mechs, ive got her purring. Having an issue however where half the PF lights are out., as well as the backbox light. The PF lights out are the leftside of the Mothership board, the top right side of the upper playfield. the 3 martian lights on the right side, 1 martian light on the leftside. A couple of others as well most likely.
I replaced a lot of the globes with LEDS and it made no difference.
When I do the on-screen test report, it keeps reporting the F112 is blown. I pulled the fuse out to test it and it tested fine. Replaced it anyway and no improvement and the test report keeps suggesting its blown. The test report is also reporting
F112 Fuse is blown (T5A)
DCS: checksum test failed (UPDATED FLASH)
Check lamp row 2B
Check lamp row 3B
Check lamp row 5B
Check lamp row 6B
Check lamp Column 3A
Check lamp Column 4A
Check lamp Row 1A
Check Lamp Column 8A
Check Lamp Row 2A
Check lamp Column 1B
Check lamp Column 2B
Check lamp Column 3B
Check lamp Column 4B
Check lamp Column 5B
Check Lamp Row 4A
Check Lamp Row 1B
17 lamp problems detected
This is my first Pinball 2000 machine, and my first "modern" style game, so very unfamiliar with this setup with so many lamp issues reported, not sure where to start?
The fact its saying that the fuse is blown, when its not - does that suggest its a board issue?
I removed J106 and it stopped some of the working lamps working, however it did nothing against the fuse being seen as blown issu

What software version are you running? The checksum dcs error is unusual

Second, have you checked the playfield and it’s not just blown bulbs or bad lamp holders confusing the test logic? Start simple. What’s the history of the game ie have you restored it or it’s just as is ex operated?

After that could be a driver board issue

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Ok, so turns out the LEDS was the issue - replaced them to bulbs and they are all working again. Kinda surprised this game was not made to handle LEDS, but that's pinball for you. Game is mostly playing well now, except for a slightly weaker flipper on the right. Left shoots like a jet, but right struggles to get up the jump ramp 9/10 times. Game is playing well enough though,very enjoyable!

I’d get some better leds. Leds should work fine. The only problem with leds is the reporting for bulb broken doesn’t work in the test menu, I added a setting to disable this warning for led use in my later updates so it’s not an issue either now

#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Does anybody know which code version added ant and spider to Big o beam mode?
I saw them in one video where somebody plays RFM on 2.1 code version

They were re-enabled in v1.9. Before I started looking at it. I think the mode was made easier for the original release with 4 instead of 6 animals/insects

I suggest you read the release notes. I’ve detailed everything I’ve done very carefully

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

First of all: good job with all these updates and new features!
I updated to 2.21 yesterday and observed some unusual behaviour. Maybe somebody can comment on this and maybe some of these can actually be controlled by some of the new settings?
1. Alien Abduction - there still was a UFO active, stealing a car. Nonetheless, the skip ramp activated and I could end the mission which of course awarded no saucer light. I am pretty sure that on 1.5 the mission could not be ended before all UFOs either escaped or were destroyed
2. Martian Happy Hour - mission completed by hitting ball catcher, but the ball dropped back on the playfield and drained through the middle. No new ball was automatically issued after the video sequence ended (as was the case in 1.5, to continue the same one that just drained). The pin finally started a ball search and released another ball
3. This new ball should have been the continuation of the drained one, therefor Super Skillshot should not be active now. However, I could do a Super Skillshot when shooting the ball (I failed to check if the pin had wrongly increased the number of played balls -issued a new ball rather than replacing the drained one- or stayed on the current count)

Never seen point 1 but shouldnt be possible. Nothing’s changed alien abduction mode structure wise unless this bug was always in there

Point 2 and 3 seem like the same thing. The ball must have drained instead of been saved. Not sure why that would have occurred. I can add it to the list to look at/check

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Okay, so I got an RFM and joined the club. Now what to do next? My machine has code 1.2, so I will be updating to 1.5. Can I update past that without needing more RAM?
Which mods do you all recommend? The spinning saucers are super sweet, but not available any more The 3D/lenticular translite is also cool, although pricey. Is it worth it? How does it look with the lamp behind it?

Are you asking about my rgb saucer mod? as I still make kits when I get time, just need to ask. I actually have 1 kit in stock right now. The website may say out of stock but that’s because orders often run away if I don’t control it these days. I like to make sure items can ship quickly if I take people’s money

#3788 3 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Thank you. I could not wrap my mind around DBA. I'll turn it on tomorrow and see if I put all the connectors in the right places and hopefully it works. Thanks for your help. This is how pinside should be, helpful.

Doesnt look factory to me. The wire colours are uk mains wiring, so if it was original it would be us colouring (white, black, green). Also nothing like that comes out of the filter box normally. Probably somebody added another mains feed off the line switch. If you measure on ac between blue and brown, you'll most likely get 110v ac if in usa. brown=live, bue=neutral, green/yellow=earth

#3790 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

That's in the head of the unit correct? if so... that's not a DBA connector. In your picture there looks to be another female rectangular connector in the background that is unused that maybe related. It is either the computer power, monitor power connector or the translite lamp power connector.[quoted image]

No, he's saying it comes out of the switch filter box in the cabinet. As i said above i suspect its a 'user modification', as its not factory.

#3798 3 years ago

Update on the new pinball 2000 update app. I've been spending along time working out the best way to allow and facilitate the inclusion of pinbox/nucore into the app. Surfice to say that the emulator was not meant to allow updates to the game code, so i've had to think a lot about the best way to do this and also the best way to allow multiple os systems to work with it.

Annoyingly pinbox and nucore didnt seem to implement the com1 serial comms or the ability to talk to the internal fupdate process, so i had to start from scratch again...

I now present to you a working gui update process for pinbox.

Some screenshots of the folder being updated remotely.

Originally included rfm update folder. With actually 2 lots of update files some of which won't do anything!

Screenshot 2020-05-22 17.27.18 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 17.27.18 (resized).png

Application first checks that it can connect to the pinbox machine (using the settings entered in its preference pane) then clears that lot out

Screenshot 2020-05-22 17.27.24 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 17.27.24 (resized).png

Then updates the selected new files.

Screenshot 2020-05-22 18.57.01 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 18.57.01 (resized).png

The process for the end user is the same selection process as with original hardware. Under the hood its totally different, but thats for me to worry about of course!!

Also the update process for pinbox is about 50-60 times faster. The whole update takes about 10-15 seconds

Reboot the machine and you get an updated pinbox running v2.21

Screenshot 2020-05-22 19.45.05 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 19.45.05 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 19.44.28 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 19.44.28 (resized).png

#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Okay, noob question here:
I had a couple of good games on my new RFM and saved my initials for high scores. However, after turning off the game and powering up again, my high scores are gone. Has happened a couple of days in a row. I changed the battery on the PC motherboard, but no luck. Any idea what saves the high scores on this game? Is it the prism card battery?

Quoted from sven:

You can buy a prism-divert-tool and battery from Applejuice. The tool works really nice to separate the two parts of the prism card.

Yep i have both the proper batteries and the separator tool available.

#3812 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Thanks again for making these available. The battery I bought on Amazon was apparently DOA.

No problem, i have a good reliable supply of them. They are made by Panasonic to. Also for anyone thinking of using a different type battery and changing the holder. Don't, There's a reason this type of battery was used with prism cards. The BR series batteries are much less likely to leak.

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I lucked out, threw out the one I used to use but was recently given this along with some other antiquated crap. Couldn't get the darn thing to work right, until I realized it was my fault, I had cleaned it up and added Avast... mistake. Deleted Avast this am in Safemode, Bam, worked again.

Time is running out for update processes locked in to old crappy windows laptops ha ha

1 week later
#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well shit. Owned it 5 days. Attacked Mars twice already and beat it tonight. Played maybe 25-30 games total. Wish it had twice the content... I had heard it was easy but didn’t think it would be THAT easy.
Anybody have v2.x installed(on NUCORE/Pinbox)? Is it better?

What version are you running?? My versions (from v2 onwards) make things much harder. Saucer lights are not given for nothing like before for example! Anyway, i suggest you read the update notes to find out.

#3846 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:This is why I suggest the PUB - I've done it both ways and PUB is the winner - takes no time at all (<90 seconds) and you don't need anything else....the other method can be troublesome and for me took every bit of 30mins or so....just ask someone if they'll send you their PUB (it likely has been updated) and pay them to rent it and send it back....I had a friends PUB updated then offered to folks that had RFM in my area - that's how we did it....made life simple...

And also why i've spent time creating a brand new update program!

1 week later
#3858 3 years ago

Well, lockdown is good for some things! My new pinball 2000 updater program Version 1.0 is now completed and about to go to my beta testers

Some pics of what you have to look forward to. Will run on any modern os, mac, linux or windows. I'm going to be asking for a small fee (around £20) for access to the features with this program. All proceeds will go back into the dev fund pot for more rfm features and pin2k updates.

Screenshot 2020-06-13 09.17.16 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 09.17.16 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-12 23.48.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-12 23.48.29 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.12 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.12 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.28.48 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.28.48 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.38 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-06-13 10.44.38 (resized).pngIMG_6574 (resized).JPGIMG_6574 (resized).JPGScreenshot 2020-05-22 18.57.01 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 18.57.01 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 19.44.28 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 19.44.28 (resized).png

#3859 3 years ago

Also, if anyone wants leads to use with the new update system, i will be providing sets to having worked out the best ones for reliable updates. Still working out costs but hopeful around £25 plus postage each.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

I got the update installed. How do you select party modes?

From the service menu options then reboot game

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Oh, I set them both on in the menu and thought I could like select them before I started playing a game but nothing was happening. So you just turn them on, then reboot, then they are active till you go into the menu and turn them off and reboot again?

Yep

#3868 3 years ago

Update lead sets are now avialable. The recommended ones for the upcoming software updater release. £28 plus shipping. Includes leads for original and pinbox updating

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Where? There's nothing on your website...

Pm me for an invoice, I’ve not added it to my site yet

#3871 3 years ago

Update on RFM code. There will be another update out soon v2.22. This is a smaller 'bug' fix update that will fix a few of the minor bugs reported to me over the last few months. As you can image as extended play occurs i can build up a better picture of any bugs or items that need a tweak, though my beta testers always do a great job. The main issue fixed is detailed below.

Issue: a ball draining at mode completion instead of locking behind the up post caused the game to fail to eject a ball to continue play. After a ball search the ball was ended before issuing a new ball and incrementing the ball in play count.

Reason: During our updates of the game code, work was done to improve the auto launching of the ball from the trough on ball saves to speed up play, add additional audio and avoid having to manually press the launch button unnecessarily. An older ball save class was still in use for the scene completion processes and not linking correctly to the updated ball save classes.

New updated process: If a ball drains in this manner after a scene completes the ball saved message will appear, any ball save speech calls will be ignored so game completion speech continues, then once the new scene starts a ball will be ejected from the trough and auto launched into play. Nice and seamless

#3872 3 years ago

A few questions for owners. Please answer with your thoughts. I am working through some other reported 'bugs', though some of these are not bugs more feature discussions.

1) Should a hurry up be carried over to the next scene if it isn't collected when the mode completion shot is hit? Or should it be cancelled and you lost it if you didn't collect it before completing the mode?? My thought is the hurry up should be lost.

2) Should drunk flippers continue into a bonus wave multiball if you choose to play martian happy hour last in the red scenes and if you start martian attack whilst in martian happy hour or be reset always? My thought here is if the drunk flippers setting is on then you should get other modes as drunk to whilst in martian happy hour. This means you have to think carefully about what to shoot for and the order of modes if you have the setting on. Once you move onto another colour set the flippers should return to normal.

#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from berni_czerny:

Hi applejuice,
during Secret weapon the coins you are shooting at do not dissapear in the middle and when ending the level you never know if you have collected the saucer light with 7 of 7.
for me as a beginner the reversed flippers (drunk flippers) are already too difficult to recieve a saucer light. A multiball or attack mars with reversed flippers would be a nightmare for me
Tanks for all your updates and implementations, but it would also be great to be able to deactivate or modify new features, so that everybody can personalize his RFM.
I also like the idea of dekilla to collect extraball not just with 9 rockets and SOL....
Greets,
Berni

drunk flippers is just a setting. You can turn it on and off. It’s just an extra option for people

Secret weapon requires you make all the different move shots to get a saucer light

I suggest looking through the feature and standard adjustments carefully

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

I did note that the "Extra Ball" insert not gets lit in some of the light animations when the game is not in play mode (in 2.1 and 2.2 too).
Is this a general problem or only with mine?
Also another user did mention that the lights (animation) are faster in the demo (non) play mode.
Would also great to fix this in the next release if it is a general problem.

These are not ‘problems’ . For example the attract mode lamp show is faster by design like modern games just like adding the searchlight lamp show is a new addition

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think what the OP is suggesting is having a way to indicate which shots have been made (or not made) on Secret Weapon. Right now you have to keep track mentally of which shots you still have to complete in order to get the saucer light.

Yes you do, though I will think about this

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Extra ball lights with the sweeps but not in the scintillation attract mode. It's not just you.
Not sure if was lit in the original software attract mode.
Agree that it's a bit fast, especially for folks still running incandescent lights (like me). They barely start to come on before they go off. It gives a very dim attract mode.
I suppose the setting for bulb check instead of being "ON/OFF" could be renamed to "LED bulbs - YES/NO". If yes then disable the check and have a fast attract mode. If no, leave the bulb check ON have a slow attract mode. something like that.. I'm not sure how complex that would be to code.

Dim attract mode??? Not on my game or anyone else as far as I know. And I use normal bulbs not leds . Is your game restored or as is?

#3895 3 years ago

Some update info on v2.22 coming soon.

I decided to add a few new things as well as fixing a few minor bugs from various reports.

I've come up with another new feature to add the game which I have been thinking about for awhile. This one is called 'Power Drain' which is inspired form Dialed in's attack feature. See below for more details. It will be defaults as on in the settings with an option to turn off if you so wish.

The is no timeframe for this release. It will be once I am happy with it

Work in progress notes. This is NOT a final release.

v2.22 RFM Update - Work in progress only

System - Reverted to original v1.5 Sound File
Scene - Fixed an issue where the ball save was broken for scene endings. Where the ball drains and is not held by the up post as the scene end runs.
Hurry Up - Improved graphics interaction with scene manager, especially at end of scenes where a hurry up is still running.
Hurry up - Now gets stopped when the scene ends if its not been collected and is still running
Happy Hr - Regular flippers are now restored if a multi-ball mode runs during this mode, pausing the happy hr mode
Happy Hr - Drunk flippers are resumed once any higher priority mode has finished (multi ball) modes. Possibly makes the games little more tricky, so player need to be alert!
Attract - Fixed a few missing lamps from the std twinkle effect
Power Drain - New Feature! Inspired from Dialed In. During Martian Attack Multiball certain shots must be completed in time otherwise the big martian will attack your flippers for a short period!!

XINA 1.34
System - Added new additional baud speeds new updater software program
Hidden Images - Removed some old images to make more flash ram space for game code updates and allow original computer systems to still receive the latest code updates

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

Power Drain sounds interesting, looking forward to give that one a go!
Would you consider to make your feature improvements individually selectable in the menu (would that even be possible?)?

Everything that is worthy of a setting has a setting in the menu. I'm not overloading the menus with endless options as it just becomes a mess.

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Can anyone tell me where this two prong connector from the prisim card goes, assuming it connects to the headers on the motherboard ?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Reset pins so prism can reset computer if needed

#3903 3 years ago

The new Pinball 2000 Updater software v1.0 has finished testing and is now released. Download for Mac OS, Windows and /or Linux.

See here https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp or click the picture on the homepage at https://mypinballs.com

If you want to use it, then buy a licence on the download page.

I hope everyone with pin2k games enjoys this new app. It was a lot of work to create

#3904 3 years ago

Also, this

A working 6 ball trough. Coded updated to recognise the upgrade of the trough with its new hardware. Just need to make a neat pcb that will plug onto the existing opto driver board now.

Am testing at the mo and my beta testers will also put it through its paces, but i believe the code will still run with a stock 4 ball trough to. It makes it more complicated to do but we dont want to leave anyone behind just yet.

yAYJjsSdSBWhbg%h86A65A (resized).jpgyAYJjsSdSBWhbg%h86A65A (resized).jpgqv2MwlkQTpCvGfdpM2NYCw (resized).jpgqv2MwlkQTpCvGfdpM2NYCw (resized).jpg

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Finally received my cables from AppleJuice (slow shipping from the UK these days) and ready to update - MyPinballs.com DOWN, beta software link DOWN. Figures on my day off the website takes a break too

Back up around an hour ago. Sorry about that, will need to investigate a router issue when i get a minute. Also, for info the summary instruction sheet on the software page is updated to include a quick start guide now to:

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

#3913 3 years ago
Quoted from TazDevl:

Applejuice: just put of curiosity - did you also do something to the internal workings, e.g. coil power etc.? Before the update, on my machine it was pure luck if the ball made it all the way up to the bumpers or even all around for the super skillshot. After the update, I noticed no more problems in regards to this w/o having done anything else apart from the update. Nice side effect!

Lots of things were improved around the autolaunch logic, ball save etc. I'd need to check to see if any changes effected the coil pulses directly. My game seems the same coil strength wise on the autolaunch.

#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. Just paid for my license and sent email for my key. Psyched to get my P2K updated.

Another mac user if i remember correctly so look forward to seeing your game updated Key emailed over.

#3917 3 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Thanks. I keep getting an error when I try to update. Looks like no update is downloaded when I open the app, so the app isn't finding the file it's looking for.
EDIT - Ahh- my mistake. I thought the app would download the update file. I downloaded the update file from your website and it appears to be updating now.[quoted image]

Yes you add update files to your local Pinball2000 folder which is created when the app first runs. There is no auto download of updates as you can include any updates you like from the first WMS ones all the way up to my latest ones. Plus swep1, wb are also supported

I will look at why the error popped up with no updates available as that should be handled.

Sounds like your game should be updated now though. Also remember you can view, edit the display audit list and print your games audits to

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Trying to run the updater right now, I keep getting a "nilobjectexception was not handled" error immediately and the program shuts down. Which is weird, because I got it to load and I entered the license info before this started happening, but I didn't have the update files in the right place. I tried deleting everything and starting over and now always get the same error message.

Replied to your pm asking for some pics to get a better idea of your issue. Most likely you haven’t copied the update files to your Pinball2000 folder correctly or you expanded them. You just need the .exe update files in the folder and the app will do the rest.

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

Ok I got everything fixed and working 100% and have to say loving this pin. Actually the first time I played a fully working RFM.
I do have a head scratcher, I am thinking of getting the shaker loom and motor soon to add to my pin. I was looking at the install guide and it shows the loom on J11 with the main pin harness on J10. When I purchased my pin the main harness is plugged into J11 on the Power Driver Board and double checked my pictures before I pulled the board and confirmed I got the pin this way. Also I have three plugged into J06, 08, 09 nothing in J07. I see on the install doc J06 is not used and J07, 08, 09 are used. Everything is working as it should. The only thing off is in a light test the two lower spot lamps are backwards in the test. When it blinks the left spot the right flashes and vis versa.
Here is a picture of mine the way it's hooked up now. Are those just redundant backups?
[quoted image]

J110 and j111 are the same pin out so it doesn’t matter. However if you want it to match the original manual and our instructions. Use j110 for the main game plug and j111 for our extra connection

#3928 3 years ago

As i've said in private emails and post #3294 , you need to make sure there are no .rom files expanded in your Pinball2000 folder, just the update .exe files.

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I’ve been having this same problem for a couple of days now. The program is fine on my pc with windows 10 but as soon as I load it on my laptop with windows 10 it immediately throws an error and closes down.
[quoted image]

I would check whats in your local user Documents/Pinball2000 folder and post an image here or via pm. I will update the application to ignore expanded .rom files in the next application update.

#3931 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

I have no doubts this works. I’m concerned I didn’t have it set up correctly and then the whole game reset to game code 0.1. Mine i believe is user error not programmer error.

Your issue looks like a comm port setup issue to me with whatever serial device you are using, as the image shows the connection button as 'disconnect' meaning you pressed connect before the issue occurred, but you've got no game information from the connection showing. I think i mentioned this in direct emails.

What type of serial device are you using? We supply tested leads with specific driver free chipsets to help solve this type of issue.

If you want to try and get your existing device working, post a pic of what the port settings of it are , or check in the quick start guide here:

https://www.mypinballs.com/files/pin2k/pin2k_updater_instructions_summary.pdf

that your settings match. Windows is picky about the settings used. Mac OSX isn't as bad for this.

#3934 3 years ago

Our Pinball 2000 Updater program has been updated to v1.01. Download links are the same. See here:

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

The update fixes the issue with expanding .rom files in the user Pinball2000 folder.

Thanks to everyone who is using it and finding things to improve

#3935 3 years ago

The first prototype custom pcbs for adding 6 ball trough control are ready to be made. This board will plug on to the existing opto driver board.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 19.18.41 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-07-13 19.18.41 (resized).png

#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

Hi guys,
Unfortunately I am not able to do the update via the new updater.
The audits can be read from my pinball machine. So i think the connection from my windows machine to my RfM is ok.
In the folder is the update as an exe file. I have nothing unzipped.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Jürgen[quoted image][quoted image]

What is in your user documents/pinball2000/temp folder, and when does the error occur? Have you selected the file you want to update in the list before pressing the update button?

I don’t see the confirmation in the status window that the update file has been expanded. This happens when you select the file you want to use

#3941 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

What is in your user documents/pinball2000/temp folder, and when does the error occur? Have you selected the file you want to update in the list before pressing the update button?
I don’t see the confirmation in the status window that the update file has been expanded. This happens when you select the file you want to use

It looks like the auto zip expansion is not working for you as you say the folder in temp is empty.

Possibly this could be because you’ve changed the home folder location? Looks like you’ve set it to the program folder for some reason. Can you try setting it back to the default which is

C:/username/Documents/Pinball2000

on windows.

#3942 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

This is so awesome! Assuming this means you can expand the code to take advantage of six ball multi-ball?

Yes the forthcoming v2.22 update supports the new trough expansion and will automatically increase add a balls up to the max of 6. Plus it will also automatically upgrade midnight madness and mothership multiball to 6 ball.

Aswell as adding this board you will need to add the extra optos to the existing trough boards and connect the extra control wires to them. The williams trough boards have the spaces for these parts already they were just never populated, so its fairly easy. I will be including these as part of the trough upgrade kit.

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexje:

what is your code idea behind having two extra balls in the game?

Maxing out the trough to 6 balls will give the game more options on add a ball and certain multiball starts as mentioned previously.

Quoted from applejuice:

Yes the forthcoming v2.22 update supports the new trough expansion and will automatically increase add a balls up to the max of 6. Plus it will also automatically upgrade midnight madness and mothership multiball to 6 ball.
Aswell as adding this board you will need to add the extra optos to the existing trough boards and connect the extra control wires to them. The williams trough boards have the spaces for these parts already they were just never populated, so its fairly easy. I will be including these as part of the trough upgrade kit.

#3953 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

... applejuice do you have a preferred USB->Serial adapter for the MAC? FTDI or Prolific chipset ?

Always use prolific chipset leads for either Mac or windows. Dont bother with anything else. The drivers are already included to and they work great

To everyone generally, We have lead sets that are tested to work available if you have issues or are unsure which to buy. The set also includes leads for pinbox updates

#3954 3 years ago
Quoted from boulter:

I'm trying the myPinballs updater on my mac and it only shows the incoming bluetooth connection. I have a Macbook Pro with USB 3, so it's going from USB 3 port -> Hub -> USB 2 serial adapter (lights up, so it at least has power) -> Null modem cable. I know at least the Null modem cable works because I've used it to update from an old Windows XP machine. I'd prefer not to have to dig that out though, so I was hoping to use my Mac. Will I only see the serial connection if I purchase a license?

If the serial lead works it will show up in the application port list, just like it does in the Apple system profiler usb section. You don’t need a licence to see this but you can’t do anything useful without one entered for obvious reasons

#3955 3 years ago

Also

V1.0.2 of the updater will be out soon. A couple more things fixed mostly windows variant stuff

#3959 3 years ago

V1.0.2 of the software updater tool is now available for download

Updates notes are:

Pinball 2000 Software Updater Tool

v1.02
- Fixed a bug causing a crash if the external drives list was only the boot drive even if the external drives list wasn’t being used.
- Fixed a bug with the windows zip extraction process where folder names with spaces were causing a crash
- Fixed a bug with the windows zip extraction tool where the shell command was timing out too quickly for some windows machines to handle.

v1.01
- Improved the handling of files inside the pinball2000 home folder. Extracted .rom files expanded by mistake were causing an issue. The program now ignores .rom extensions when creating its update list.
v1.00
- Initial Release

#3961 3 years ago
CF46B508-BDDE-420A-8858-F0D1F0DD27A0 (resized).jpegCF46B508-BDDE-420A-8858-F0D1F0DD27A0 (resized).jpeg
#3972 3 years ago
Quoted from Arvid:

Thanks robotron911 and lithonion!
I noticed a red silicone cover on one of the lamps under the left ramp as well (lamp 76A in the manual). I guess that one should not have a cover then?[quoted image]

Yes it should so it doesn’t glare and mess with the graphics

I use glass coloured red #44 bulbs myself. Nice crystal shine to them not dull like the caps

#3978 3 years ago

6 Ball Trough Update.

First prototype assembled and tested. Working nice. Pleased with my install and the neatness for the upgrade. Board plugs onto the existing opto controller board as below:

IMG_7240 (resized).jpgIMG_7240 (resized).jpgIMG_7241 (resized).JPGIMG_7241 (resized).JPGIMG_7244 (resized).JPGIMG_7244 (resized).JPGIMG_7243 (resized).JPGIMG_7243 (resized).JPGIMG_7245 (resized).JPGIMG_7245 (resized).JPG

I've also found a neat 4 core encased cable to use for routing form the opto board expansion to the trough boards. Kit will come with the assembled board, cable and plugs to make your extension cable and the optos to add to the trough boards. This isn't a straight plug and play as you have to add the optos the existing trough boards and also you will need software rev v2.22 and higher to take advantage of the new features.

Price is going to be £80 plus shipping. I have 4 proto boards that i will assemble and can ship to early adopters to test/use in their games for 10% saving if you want to get involved early and give me feedback. PM me if interested.

Cheers all

#3981 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I guess I picked a good time to get back into the club.

Yep I’ve released a fair amount of software and hardware upgrades over the last 18 months. More to come to. This is me giving it 100% for the game and the pin2k system

1 week later
#4006 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Joined the club!
Picked up this HUO game. Unfortunately, even though it has HUO, it was also played A LOT. 8300 plays on it.
Cabinet is beautiful, but the playfield has wear on the green beam inserts and on the edges of several inserts. Nothing terrible, but I might look into fully restoring it some day.
Moved it in last night and already added the video amp this morning.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Job2 . Update the software

#4009 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

It's currently running version 1.0, so I'd say so!

Yikes

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Hello. Just was wondering, is it possible to update a NuCore system Revenge From Mars with applejuice v2.0? Has anyone here done it

Yes you can and it been discussed many times on here. There’s info on my site for doing it manually or you can use my new gui update program which has pinbox/nucore options

https://mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

1 week later
#4027 3 years ago
Quoted from Asure:

Yep i know, it wasn't clear from my post.
I first got the PC up & running without the prism card, on a VGA screen and i went from there.
Looking to update to applejuice 's latest, i seem to be missing the service port, and the cable is loose on the bottom in the back.
Can i just plug that cable to a compatible XP/98SE PC?
Regarding the game, i guess i need some sleeves and more checks on wiring/switches etc,
Q: Ball stop upper left: Is this one binding or does it drop by itself after completing a mode?
I sometimes need to flipper a few times to make it drop, is this by design?
Todo list:
- The right drop target does not seem to rise/drop (this also seems to be the hardest shot to hit for me..)
- Bottom one of the three pop bumpers seems dead.
- Left slingshot hardly triggers, right one nice & strong.
- Ramp flap damage (looks fixable with some tape on bottom for now. I guess i'll order a new one with bracket, no rivet tools.)
- Beer strip needed on ball catcher (the metal irritates me as it cause the screen to not reflect 100%, same with some of the ramp switches up top right.)
- Fix feature lights below saucer (i hope it's a loose connector / cold solder joints as this seems common.) I'll take it out and check/reflow the lamp section.
- Upgrade to 2.21
General:
I love the mirror effect and think it's a shame that it's not used in other games more. Too bad pinball 2000 died.
Having played ToM and TZ this game is much more accessible for my wife & daughter, the ruleset is easy and no need to do any tasks to trigger a new mode, just the same 4-6 shots, post area, center flap ramp. Rinse & repeat as next mode/feature starts automatically. Am i missing something or is there depth in the ruleset that i need to explore more? Secret combo ramps/shots things?

Dont bother with getting an xp/98 windows machine to update your software. Use my new update software and a modern os like macOS Catalina or windows 10 no problem.

#4050 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I’ve been playing my new machine for a couple of weeks now. One mode that I love, but kind of annoys me is the Alien VS Robo Abe mode...
The alien just stands there and lets Abe pummel him. I wish they would have made him fight back a little.

If you run my updates then the martian will rejuvenate its health (on the life bar) if you don't hit him quickly enough. Unfortunately there aren't any fight graphics for the martian itself, just the being hit ones. Secret Weapon is my favourite mode actually. The narrator speech never gets old

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I am a tester/early adopter and also got my kit this week. I installed it today and it was fairly simple but I have Lots of soldering experience and the correct tool for idc connectors.
If you lack the experience or tools to do this correctly then this beta version probably isn’t for you...

I'd say this kit is going to be at a medium level for install as there are some optos to install and some wires to put in connectors. Not difficult and i've made the kit as easy to upgrade as possible, but we are working with what we have to be honest.

For others wanting to use this kit going forward, If you don't have experience with these items seek help from a friend or pinball tech. Install is 20-30 mins tops.

Also i have 2 kits still avialable at the lower 'testing' price if anyone else wants in. You get the test v2.22 software download early to.

#4066 3 years ago

Just get one of these -simple . Right tool for the job . Molex part number 638133504
117A33BB-852A-4FD1-8663-76C5D1B33BA2 (resized).jpeg117A33BB-852A-4FD1-8663-76C5D1B33BA2 (resized).jpeg
30823106-3152-4E63-9113-65D9C3E7522B (resized).jpeg30823106-3152-4E63-9113-65D9C3E7522B (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

what am I doing wrong?? Tried updating just like in this video:
Using my pinballs version 2.1, did everything right but couldn't find the files. Tried it with planetary version 1.5 and worked like a charm.

This is a very old clunky way of updating the games as I have released a full new gui program for updating games now on modern computers

See here: https://mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I'm having a few issues with my RFM.
Randomly, when I turn it on, the sound will be either super high or all the way down. You can turn it down using the volume buttons, but if there is no sound you have to restart the machine because there is no turning it up. Previous owner told me it started happening after he added more RAM. The speakers are blown but I don't want to replace them until I resolve this issue.
2nd problem is it will randomly start a mission and launch the ball after you press the start button, but before you hit the launch button. It does it more often when you have a multiple players, but not always. I was advised to check the opto boards with my phone camera, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Wondering if this issue can be resolved by updating.
Lastly, I see a lot of mentions of versions 1.5 and 2.1, which I plan on upgrading to eventually, but I want to understand where it's at currently. My machine says it's running version 1.6. Is 1.5 a more recent version than 1.6? Sorry for the newby questions, I really consider myself lucky to have gotten RFM and cosmetically it's in great condition (LCD screen upgrade, play field protector)but I'd really like to work out the bugs.[quoted image]

The sound issue sound more like a prism card issue to me.

The game start issue I would check the launch button switch and diode. Cabling etc

As for software versions, the latest version of my update (as I type this) is v2.21. v2.1 was earlier on last year sometime. This is the problem with you tube vids from random people, the software level they use gets out of date fast and the update methods they use are out of date to! Always check my site for the latest info. https://myPinballs.com V2.22 will be released soon aswell.

V1.5 is very very old and was the last official version released by WMS in 1999, though v1.6 could also be classed as this to. The only changes (between 1.5 &1.6) are system ones.

If you upgrade to v2.21 you can forget about these old versions

#4074 3 years ago

v2.22 update notes currently stand as, This is not a final release yet.

v2.22 RFM Update

Scene - Fixed an issue where the ball save was broken for scene endings. Where the ball drains and is not held by the up post as the scene end runs.
Hurry Up - Improved graphics interaction with scene manager, especially at end of scenes where a hurry up is still running.
Hurry up - Now gets stopped when the scene ends if its not been collected and is still running
Happy Hr - regular flippers are now restored if a multi-ball mode runs during this mode, pausing the happy hr mode
Happy Hr - Drunk flippers are resumed once any higher priority mode has finished (multi ball) modes. Possibly makes the games little more tricky, so player need to be alert!
Happy Hr - Added new graphics and speech calls to tell players about normal flippers if changing from drunk and vise versa
Power Drain - New Feature! Inspired from Dialed In. During Martian Attack Multiball certain shots must be completed in time otherwise the big martian will attack your flippers for a short period!!
System - 6 ball trough now recognised once extra hardware installed
Midnight Madness - Updates to support multiple sizes of troughs
Capture Multiball - add a ball now upports multiple sizes of troughs

XINA 1.34
Hidden Images - Removed some old images to make more flash ram space for game code updates and allow original computer systems to still receive the latest code updates

#4077 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohm:

So, look for problems on the circuit board below?
And a friend alerted me to an expansion that adds new missions and a 6-ball multi ball, is that what V2.22 is?
Thanks for your help and patience
[quoted image]

See above for v2.22 update notes as they stand, and yes part of it is to support the new hardware board i created for adding 2 extra balls in the trough (6 ball game)

The board you pictured is the rom card. the prism card is the other half of the sandwich and contains the DCS sound hardware

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

For folks wondering about the 6-ball trough. I installed mine. Took maybe 30-45 mins including the soldering time - it's only 4 LEDs. You should have a decent soldering iron(w/ temp control) so as to not damage the opto boards when soldering the optos. Make sure you install them in the correct orientation. There is a flat side on the LEDs that has to align with the flat side of the mask on the board (the white printed text/symbols on the board).
The connectors are IDC type connectors so having the correct insertion tool (.100) will definitely help. I used the larger one (.156) and ended up with intermittent connection issues. Re-did them using the back of an exactor blade and although not perfect it's good enough and works ok. However if I wiggle the wires I get intermittent connection. I haven't had issues in game play though. I will eventually re-do the connectors most likely with regular (non-idc) connectors and pins.
I have to say that add-a-ball feature going to 6-balls during the various multiballs is a lot of fun!!
I have yet to try midnight madness but I did get to Mothership multiball and Attack Mars multiball. Once again, 6-ball multiball is FUN!!!
Folks (like me) that requested the drunk flipper mode to revert to normal when starting multiballs during Martian Happy Hour will get their wish in v2.22. I totally understand applejuice now when he said it would be confusing. It is.. There is no pause between the switching of the modes when reverting from multiball back to Martian Happy Hour. As you are playing and the second last ball drains, the flippers revert back to drunk (reversed) while you are playing that last ball. Freaky. But I still prefer that than trying to do Martian Multiball or regular multiball with reversed flippers lol.
The power drain feature is friggin awesome. I had some pinheads over last night and their opinion of RFM just sky-rocketed. They knew it as a shallow and easy game. They were blown away with the new features that applejuice has brought to the game. One of them wants to buy my game now lol. errrrr. no.
Thanks to applejuice for keeping the RFM community alive!!

Great to hear you and your friends enjoyed the new power drain feature and they liked the changes from v2 onwards. It’s nice to know people appreciate the effort and that rfm is now more desirable

#4082 3 years ago

Will be releasing v1.0.3 of the updater software soon. A few more bugs fixed and some changes for pinbox use

#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from Zimmer:

Just updated my original hardware to version 2.21. Thank you applejuice for keeping this game alive!

Thanks for the message

#4090 3 years ago
Quoted from mandrade1:

Hello Guys
Have a strange graphic glitch, after my RFM working for about 3 hours, seems affect all graphics in game too.
My machine has the original motherboard with 1.6v, recentely upgrade to 2.20 from Jim, machine worked flawless with the upgrade for a while.
Definely is the computer, now just need to know what attack first, reeseed prismcard, motherboard bad cap, weak PSU, ram memory ?
Have you guys saw something like that ?
Any suggestion will be much apreciated !
Obs: did a Rom test on RFM menu it gives checksum error for all mask roms, do you think it´s because the Jim version doesnt match with the original 1.6v ?
Thanks
Marcos

Right then. Tech lesson time. The game update Is stored in the flash ram of the prism and overrides 2 roms for the original game code only. The other roms are graphics and sound which are always used as is. (The flash ram also has alittle space for extra graphics and sounds so the developers could add assets after the roms were imaged but this is in addition not replacing rom addresses)

If you have a checksum error for all roms then this is the cause of the graphics issue. I would try a remove and reseat of the roms and the card sandwich . Carefully

#4099 3 years ago

Anyone who has updated to 2.21 with NuCore using the Mypinballs.com updater, a question. When you use the new update software and select "Pinbox" there isn't an option for "usbserial." Are you using Hardware-Original to update? I've tried to connect with both USB-C to USB and USB-C/Serial with no luck. Thanks for any insight.

You don't use serial leads with pinbox/nucore to update them as there isn't any support for it. The serial port com1 was never implemented. The new updater program that i wrote from scratch uses a completely different method to update these emulator system using ssh and secure copy. You have to use a network crossover lead. I have mentioned this before and the instructions sheet has been updated recently to.

1 week later
#4108 3 years ago

An extremely kind member pm'd me with some instructions to that effect, which I'm going to follow today. I was originally hoping to use the updater as I'd already invested a week trying to make it work (and for future use), but it looks like I'll be going that other route now. Thanks.

Did you check the ip address the computer assigned itself when the crossover lead was plugged in and set the updater apps address accordingly? Also did you set your account details correctly for pinbox/nucore use in the preferences window for the app and pinbox section? This software is early days so there are likely going to be updates to fix various niggles which are all free.

Please remember pinbox/nucore was never meant to be updated at all unlike original computer system and i do have manual instructions on my site for updating should you want to here:

The screen image you shared shows that the computer isnt connected as the status window is blank.

#4109 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When I updated my Pinbox software, I exited to the desktop, opened the file manager, deleted the old files and simply copied the new files to their destination. Is that not an option with NuCore? It's a basic copy and paste as far as I could tell, not sure why an installer app is needed?

Well, because i was writing a new update application for original hardware i thought it would be nice not to leave out all the pinbox and nucore users even though nucore and pinbox were never meant to be updated and you should be stuck on v1.5 really. To be honest its proving difficult to get working across systems because of windows ssh issues, but i'll stick with it and refine it as i have time. Any updates for users will of course be free

Manual update processes for nucore/pinbox are already on my site here

but the idea of the application is you dont need to use a screen and keyboard plugged into the pinbox computer, its all remote. like it should be.

#4113 3 years ago

v2.22 is now out. Download at https://mypinballs.com

Update notes are:

v2.22 RFM Update

Happy Hr - regular flippers are now restored if a multi-ball mode runs during this mode, pausing the happy hr mode
Happy Hr - Drunk flippers are resumed once any higher priority mode has finished (multi ball) modes. Possibly makes the games alittle more tricky, so player need to be alert!
Happy Hr - Added new graphics and speech calls to tell players about normal flippers if changing from drunk and vise versa
System - 6 ball trough now recognised once extra hardware installed
Midnight Madness - Updates to support multiple sizes of troughs
Capture Multiball - add a ball now supports multiple sizes of troughs

XINA 1.34

Now starting work on v2.23...

#4114 3 years ago

v1.0.3 of the Pin2k Updater Application is also out now. Download from https://www.mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

A few more improvements and bugs fixed.

#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from tomster:

Has anyone else problems with extra balls, based on score? I activated the 4 scores, but I don't get extra balls, when I reach those scores....
Original Prism, version 2.22.

No, extra balls work fine on my game. Not had any reports of this

#4129 3 years ago
Quoted from tomster:

Yesterday I went from 1.5 to 2.22 (using the P2K Update Manager), but my RFM says the sound is at version 1.2...
[quoted image]

Ok you are misunderstanding a few things. The note in the update refers to the sound update section in the flash update. v1.5 refers to the game update from which the sound update is taken not the sound update version itself. This is v1.2.

Now, to make things more complicated pinbox and nucore don't actually use the sound update section of the flash update they reference an internal file or some other files i have no info about. This is why the emulation systems says sound rev v1.1 regardless of what i do with the updates.

#4132 3 years ago
Quoted from tomster:

Strange. It worked fine on 1.5.
Is it possible to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.22 directly or should I have installed all the Roms in order?

You can upgrade to the latest version from any version. It doesnt matter.

I would try a factory reset first then double check your settings are actually still set as extra ball

#4141 3 years ago

V2.23 starting to take shape. Currently going through the entire speech list to add more unused phrases and more variety in existing modes and places like outlane drain, ball save etc etc

#4144 3 years ago
Quoted from Asure:

No freezes noticed here. I can play games fine. I've been debugging the clock problem for some time now and have had the machine on for quite a long time to see if it would help store the time/date . I would suggest to check the fan on the Cyrix CPU and/or temperatures. Maybe underclock it?
As for my time/date problem, can somebody with an original Pin2k computer + serial cable please check one thing for me?
Connect the serial to a PC and start up a terminal, using putty for example, 9600,8n1 on whatever com port you use on the PC.
Turn on the machine and watch for the boot up messages to finish. There should be similar lines to this on the bottom:
[code]
*** NonFatal: 1 Jan 1999 12:00:00
*** NonFatal: Last[XPid -1 APid -1 (none)] Current[XPid 0 APid -1 (prnull)]
*** NonFatal: Retrieve Resource (get & Failed, ID=
Allegro version information here
Game Information here
Type[PRODUCTION_BUILD, ALLOW_SCORE_CREDIT]
[Wednesday, 1 January 2020 12:00:02]
%
[/code]
Now if i deduct from this it seems to get Jan 1999 / 12:00 from somewhere (mainboard? But battery is good!)
The year appears to be stored in the Prism flash.. and combined with the mainboard date of Jan 1 + Time 12:00
The machine then makes it Jan 1 2020 2 seconds later.
I'm wondering if people with a working clock have a different date where i have "*** NonFatal: 1 Jan 1999 ..." at bootup.
It seems to point to a broken clock on my mainboard for some odd reason? Or something i don't yet understand.

Get a different motherboard. The clock time/date comes from there with the year adjusted.

#4149 3 years ago
Quoted from Asure:

Side note, the clock font is now in RED and it was in BLUE before, if that's any indication

The clock font colour on the game attract screen changes to red when it’s in the window for midnight madness ie close to midnight. Nothing to do with your motherboards battery levels...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 85.00
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
481 posts in this topic match your search for posts by applejuice. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider applejuice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=applejuice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.