IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 135.
#5801 1 year ago

Hey everyone, wanted to re-share this alternate Translite and Side Blade set I created.
Last time I posted about this, I didn't have any photos of them on the machine - here are some that a customer sent me.
Been really pleasantly surprised how well these have been doing - I didn't realize there were so many RFMs out there - thought it was going to be more of a niche thing.

We are restocking right now - if you'd like a Translite or Side Blades, please visit
https://www.flyland-arcade.com

THANK YOU!

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpgRevenge From Mars Sideblades (resized).jpgRevenge From Mars Sideblades (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-1-low-res (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-1-low-res (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-2-low-res (resized).jpgRevenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-2-low-res (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_02 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_02 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_03 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_03 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_04 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_04 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_05 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_Print_Mockup-social-media_05 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_in_LED_Frame-social-media_01 (resized).jpgRevenge_From_Mars_in_LED_Frame-social-media_01 (resized).jpg
#5802 1 year ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hey everyone, wanted to re-share this alternate Translite and Side Blade set I created.
Last time I posted about this, I didn't have any photos of them on the machine - here are some that a customer sent me.
Been really pleasantly surprised how well these have been doing - I didn't realize there were so many RFMs out there - thought it was going to be more of a niche thing.
We are restocking right now - if you'd like a Translite or Side Blades, please visit
https://www.flyland-arcade.com
THANK YOU!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have both and they look FANTASTIC

#5803 1 year ago

Now if we could just get someone like CPR to repro the playfield I'd be set.

#5804 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Now if we could just get someone like CPR to repro the playfield I'd be set.

Sign me up too!

#5805 1 year ago

Hello, I'm tryng to install the last update ( 2,50 ) to a pinbox computer but I have some doubts

1 if I install the 2.50 in the original hardware can I return to the original 1.5
2 if I install in lubuntu computer, how can I change the screen resolution ? I have a LCD LG 19 but is 1024x720
3 I bought the hardware update for 6 balls. it's hard to install ? Is there any tutorial ?

Thanks for the answers !

#5806 1 year ago

Nucore/Pinbox is abit of a headache these days for more than 1 reason..... Making updates that support both old and 'oldnew' systems is tricky.

I am beginning work on scorbit support for RFM and having these old 'abandonware' emulation systems floating about makes things much more tricky. And there was never a good update method for code changes on it and they never implemented the serial functions as far as i can tell or linked up networking properly. And it seems that 4mb update flash is stuck in these to. Even on original systems you can swap out the flash itself...

Quoted from Argo:

Hello, I'm tryng to install the last update ( 2,50 ) to a pinbox computer but I have some doubts
1 if I install the 2.50 in the original hardware can I return to the original 1.5
2 if I install in lubuntu computer, how can I change the screen resolution ? I have a LCD LG 19 but is 1024x720
3 I bought the hardware update for 6 balls. it's hard to install ? Is there any tutorial ?
Thanks for the answers !

1) You can run any version of software you want to on any system, emulated or original. You can go up version and down versions. The updater just installs what you ask it to.

3) Instructions are included. Follow them, its easy to install. See here: https://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/instructions/mypinballs-rfm-6-ball-trough-upgrade-kit-instructions_v1-1.pdf

#5807 1 year ago

Didn't Nucore get released as "Free" a couple of years back?
Did something break; or did they do a "not really" reproducible release?

#5808 1 year ago

Joined the club, nice surprise that it had myPinballs saucers mod!
Just need someone to help me lift the backbox on then I can see what’s what and what upgrades I need to do

C6A74EBE-9F8C-44FA-ACFE-52D014DCD03F (resized).jpegC6A74EBE-9F8C-44FA-ACFE-52D014DCD03F (resized).jpeg

1689B245-10D9-4965-9D45-112FF260CF7D (resized).jpeg1689B245-10D9-4965-9D45-112FF260CF7D (resized).jpeg
#5809 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Just need someone to help me lift the backbox on then I can see what’s what and what upgrades I need to do
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice one

#5810 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice line up!

#5811 1 year ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Brian, these look AMAZING!! Bravo on a another great set of translite and art blades! You are so talented.

Cheers,
MacJedi

#5812 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats! Lifting the head on to the cab is doable by yourself, I did mine (and I have three blown disc's, and had one back surgery).

#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Congrats! Lifting the head on to the cab is doable by yourself, I did mine (and I have three blown disc's, and had one back surgery).

Thanks, yes I can do it as I’m a big strong guy over 6’ but in no hurry. My knee is bad at the moment and I’ve already had 4 hernia ops so it can wait, I’m old enough to know better now lol You are braver than me!
My wife will lift it on with me tomorrow, then I will fire it up and see what needs doing as I didn’t test when I picked it up. The owner passed about 3 years ago and the sale was going to the local hospital from his wife, I did see pics of it powered up though for the sale.

RIP Simon de Mars

#5814 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Thanks, yes I can do it as I’m a big strong guy over 6’ but in no hurry. My knee is bad at the moment and I’ve already had 4 hernia ops so it can wait, I’m old enough to know better now lol You are braver than me!
My wife will lift it on with me tomorrow, then I will fire it up and see what needs doing as I didn’t test when I picked it up. The owner passed about 3 years ago and the sale was going to the local hospital from his wife, I did see pics of it powered up though for the sale.
RIP Simon de Mars

Wipe the dust off the top, it will be 5 lbs lighter.

#5815 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Wipe the dust off the top, it will be 5 lbs lighter.

Ha ha, I forgot and put it back on. My wife couldn’t lift it high enough so my son in law came and helped.
As strong as I am getting it up that high as cab has legs on and without putting it down hard would be tough unless you have an lcd monitor I guess.
Already has dents in the side trim where someone has done that lol

Just powered it up and it all works, Martians are not moving well and the jump ramp needs replacing and connected better as loose bolts.

I first powered it up without the power to the pc plugged in and thought oh crap it’s dead as I took the pc out to check it out, has a new power supply and was dust free!

Happy days, I took the playfield out just because I can and it felt real good

Will shop it and do the myPinballs updates but it will have to wait as I’m taking on a dog from a rescue centre that is going to be a handful.

025CD1F2-D1C3-40EC-AF11-7254703D2D82 (resized).jpeg025CD1F2-D1C3-40EC-AF11-7254703D2D82 (resized).jpeg616850A4-832A-4380-8EF2-480ED2A1F55D (resized).jpeg616850A4-832A-4380-8EF2-480ED2A1F55D (resized).jpegFD9F994A-766F-4FE6-B416-606438237A6C (resized).jpegFD9F994A-766F-4FE6-B416-606438237A6C (resized).jpeg

#5816 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ha ha, I forgot and put it back on. My wife couldn’t lift it high enough so my son in law came and helped.
As strong as I am getting it up that high as cab has legs on and without putting it down hard would be tough unless you have an lcd monitor I guess.
Already has dents in the side trim where someone has done that lol
Just powered it up and it all works, Martians are not moving well and the jump ramp needs replacing and connected better as loose bolts.
I first powered it up without the power to the pc plugged in and thought oh crap it’s dead as I took the pc out to check it out, has a new power supply and was dust free!
Happy days, I took the playfield out just because I can and it felt real good
Will shop it and do the myPinballs updates but it will have to wait as I’m taking on a dog from a rescue centre that is going to be a handful.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always great to see a 'fresh' RFM ready for some upgrades!! Shaker and 6 ball trough kit with v2.50 is the best!!

#5817 1 year ago

Awesome RFM Topper?

RFM is a great game. I miss mine.

That said, I was looking for something on Amazon and came across this awesome alien thing that is PERFECT for RFM as a topper or game room decoration. I just thought I'd share it with everyone in case someone might want it before they're gone.

To find it, copy and paste this into theAmazon search bar.

UFO Cow Abduction: Beam Up Your Bovine (With Light and Sound!) (RP Minis)

They're only $12. For that price, get 2 and take the cow out of one and replace it with a car. It actually pics up the cow via magnet! Lol So cool!

Would be awesome if someone could wire it up and connect it into the game and have it be interactive.

Anyway, just thought I'd share it with my old fam. = )

Screenshot_20230216_122140_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230216_122140_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230216_122147_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230216_122147_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230216_122428_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230216_122428_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5818 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Awesome RFM Topper?
That said, I was looking for something on Amazon and came across this awesome alien thing that is PERFECT for RFM as a topper or game room decoration. I just thought I'd share it with everyone in case someone might want it before they're gone.
They're only $12. For that price, get 2 and take the cow out of one and replace it with a car. It actually pics up the cow via magnet! Lol So cool!
Would be awesome if someone could wire it up and connect it into the game and have it be interactive.

I have it.

It's pretty small but will work well in a bigger display with a background.

#5819 1 year ago

Got this never used populated playfield for my swe1 cab!
Very cool!
I’m running Nucore so it should be pretty easy to swap in and out!
Richard

4A391232-BE2B-495F-8BF7-464DA583D0AC (resized).jpeg4A391232-BE2B-495F-8BF7-464DA583D0AC (resized).jpegE57B7438-FDF1-41BA-8EF1-FF598E7C9D88 (resized).pngE57B7438-FDF1-41BA-8EF1-FF598E7C9D88 (resized).png
#5820 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Very cool!
Richard
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find,
Have fun, you deserve it, you've been waiting a while for this to arrive.

#5821 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Awesome RFM Topper?

Cool idea to wire it up to the game and make it work while it's on Alien Abduction mod, I'll do it, should'nt be too complicated.

#5822 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

I have it.
It's pretty small but will work well in a bigger display with a background.

How tall is it?

#5823 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

How tall is it?

I think under 6 inches... it's packed away at the moment

#5824 1 year ago

I’d appreciate it if someone could post a picture of the back end of the interlock switch showing which wires go into the posts on the back of the switc? I’ve been trying to fix the dreaded coin door open message for a couple of months.

#5825 1 year ago

I am just curious, when I had a RVM I used regular bulbs so the fade effects would work. I noticed the new Godzilla LED's fade in and out so there must be some fade-compatible LED's available, do you guys use them? or are they too bright and distract from the visuals.

#5826 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I am just curious, when I had a RVM I used regular bulbs so the fade effects would work. I noticed the new Godzilla LED's fade in and out so there must be some fade-compatible LED's available, do you guys use them? or are they too bright and distract from the visuals.

The computer makes them fade, not sure if you can get an led ocd board to work on pinball 2000.

#5827 1 year ago

I think under 6 inches... it's packed away at the moment

That's funny, I see your location and I was in Burlington ON. exactly a week ago to pick up a SWEP1 for a friend.

#5828 1 year ago

Computer controlled gi is likely Pulse Width Modulation. PWM. Pretty common on most modern pins and that's what ocdgi does for older games

#5829 1 year ago

Hey all.

Alien saucer just arrived. I opened it up, and as GILV said, it is small, but I still think it would work well on top of, or even inside of the RFM.

To give everyone an idea of scale, I took a few pics of it on top of my South Park so you could see it in comparison to the other things up there.

GILV, maybe you can add a couple pics on top of your machine and even inside your machine to give people the exact size and look.

My thing is, for a lousy $12 bucks, how can you go wrong?

20230218_171313 (resized).jpg20230218_171313 (resized).jpg20230218_171337 (resized).jpg20230218_171337 (resized).jpg

#5830 1 year ago

Duplicate message

#5831 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

That's funny, I see your location and I was in Burlington ON. exactly a week ago to pick up a SWEP1 for a friend.

Really?

I never saw one pop up

#5832 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Computer controlled gi is likely Pulse Width Modulation. PWM. Pretty common on most modern pins and that's what ocdgi does for older games

Yes it is pwm or sometimes called duty cycle too. Pin2k has 25%,50%,75%,100% duty

Important for the dimming of gi lamps under the screen for different modes and why leds ruin the whole experience when put in gi. There is no ocd board for pin2k and I’m yet to see any leds in gi that work well !!

#5833 1 year ago

I'm also about 80% sure the GI in RFM is 100% lamp matrix. Meaning I don't think even a OCD LED-type board would work given the nature of how many lamp columns there are in RFM. It would defiantly be an "engineering problem" to come up with something that worked in this configuration.

#5834 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm also about 80% sure the GI in RFM is 100% lamp matrix. Meaning I don't think even a OCD LED-type board would work given the nature of how many lamp columns there are in RFM. It would defiantly be an "engineering problem" to come up with something that worked in this configuration.

Yes, pin2k is 2 x 64 lamp matrixes . 1 for gi, 1 for inserts

I did alot of work to make leds less problematic in test modes but really they should only be used in inserts (if you like leds ha ha)

#5835 1 year ago

Really?
I never saw one pop up

It was on Kijiji only, maybe that's why you did'nt see it.

#5836 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

It was on Kijiji only, maybe that's why you did'nt see it.

Dang.
Good price?

#5837 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hey all.
Alien saucer just arrived. I opened it up, and as GILV said, it is small, but I still think it would work well on top of, or even inside of the RFM.
To give everyone an idea of scale, I took a few pics of it on top of my South Park so you could see it in comparison to the other things up there.
GILV, maybe you can add a couple pics on top of your machine and even inside your machine to give people the exact size and look.
My thing is, for a lousy $12 bucks, how can you go wrong?

Got this Alien lamp from German about 6-7 years ago.
15.5 inches tall and 13.5 inches wide.
Has 2 light settings.
Cow sold separately

20230219_173110 (resized).jpg20230219_173110 (resized).jpg20230219_173150 (resized).jpg20230219_173150 (resized).jpg20230219_173246 (resized).jpg20230219_173246 (resized).jpg20230219_173356 (resized).jpg20230219_173356 (resized).jpg
#5838 1 year ago

Dang.
Good price?</b
It was HUO, the guy's uncle bought it new in 1999 so, no

Dang.
Good price?

It was HUO, the guy's uncle bought it new in 1999 so, it was a little pricy, 8000$ but my friend negogiated the price to 7000$, he really wanted a nice SWEP1.

#5839 1 year ago

Got it up and running! First use in over 20 years, no error codes!

Richard

8C05EAF8-0B6A-40E3-8CCC-CC38C3CEADA5 (resized).jpeg8C05EAF8-0B6A-40E3-8CCC-CC38C3CEADA5 (resized).jpeg
#5840 1 year ago

Got it up and running! First use in over 20 years, no error codes!
Richard
[quoted image]

Nice speakers.

#5841 1 year ago

Very cool!
Richard

You're killing me - I've been looking for one for awhile. Congrats and please let me know if you find another one!

#5842 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Nice speakers.

Thanks! They sound great! Super easy to instal.

Same speakers the CGC uses in their remakes.

Richard

814B9138-0C0D-4846-8790-34D59E96209E (resized).png814B9138-0C0D-4846-8790-34D59E96209E (resized).png
#5843 1 year ago

Thanks! They sound great! Super easy to instal.
Same speakers the CGC uses in their remakes.
Richard
[quoted image]

Do they improve the sound enough to make a big difference?

#5844 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Do they improve the sound enough to make a big difference?

I think so. For sure. And only $60 Canadian!

Richard

#5845 1 year ago

Does anyone else's stroke of luck fire straight down the drain? Is there a way to adjust it so it doesn't end the ball every time?

#5846 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Does anyone else's stroke of luck fire straight down the drain? Is there a way to adjust it so it doesn't end the ball every time?

There's an aftermarket scoop for that with slotted mounting holes so you can change the "aim" of the thing.

https://mantispinball.com/product/revenge-from-mars-scoop/

#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

get one of the stainless steel replacements. Original ones wear out, get banged up/bent out of shape and cause this over time

Same scoop as monster bash to

#5848 1 year ago

Working on some new hardware features for v2.60 . Physically lock those balls for multiball..

Also adding some shaker effects, specifically mothership mb

IMG_5914 (resized).JPGIMG_5914 (resized).JPG

#5849 1 year ago

Hi everybody, i just sell my rfm to have a new one . What à great game it is !

So i still have some spare parts , its à prismcard sandwich (prism + rom) new , neverused.

If you need one tell me on private messages .

#5850 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Working on some new hardware features for v2.60 . Physically lock those balls for multiball..
Also adding some shaker effects, specifically mothership mb
[quoted image]

So this will be an add on mechanism? (Like the 6 ball trough/shaker)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

7,500 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.