curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david (1).gif
IMG_5332 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5331 (resized).jpeg
Bo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 76,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,179 of 1,521.
#58901 7 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

I just can't get motivated to read about the Lions. Can you summarize why this year is different?

Cliff Notes: It's not; dreams will be crushed, hopes will be dashed and draft talk will start in Detroit around mid-November. TheLaw will post a SOL meme, something about a bald kid kicking a football and say 'I told you so'

#58902 7 months ago

Being a Bengals fan since'68 I can feel the Lions pain so Hell Yeah let 'em have the spotlight for once!

#58903 7 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

PINSIDE CONFIDENCE POOL
Synopsis: You pick the straight up winner of every game, every week during the regular season. You give each winner a confidence rating, ranked 16 on down, with 16 being your highest confidence. If you win, you collect the points assigned to that game. If you lose, you get nothing. There is a weekly winner (high points for the week), and your points will aggregate throughout the season to determine the pinside champ daddy. In-depth rules are in the pasted image below.
Payout structure will be dependent on how many entries we get. Payment will be 50 for the season, and I'd like to see at least $25 go to weekly wins (two weekly wins gets you your money back), and the balance split 80/20 between 1st and 2nd.
To play:
1. Join the pool:
Existing members - check your email and use the link provided to reactivate your entry. Please do not use the link provided for new members.
New members - use this link: https://www.runyourpool.com/p/j/5400827240d8473086f6ff54ea6693e4
2. Submit payment
Send $50 as a paypal gift to paypal.me/davebeimborn. Provide just your pinside name in the comment, please no mention of the pool etc.
3. Make your week 1 picks before the first game of the season.
Any questions let me know. I'm set this up with runyourpool despite their fuck up last year. I was assured it was a one-time deal, their fees are the lowest, and we're already setup there. If people express their desire for something else (officefootballpool ($3/entry), etc), we could switch it all over, just speak up.
[quoted image]

Bringing the info over for the new page

#58904 7 months ago

Bringing the info over for the new page

But i wanna see who picks them cowboys to win each week! Send a link please!

#58905 7 months ago

Link and instructions are in the quote.

#58906 7 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

But i wanna see who picks them cowboys to win each week! Send a link please!

Join the pool and pick them every week. $67.85 CAD.

#58907 7 months ago

they have their own currency?

#58908 7 months ago

This CU at TCU game is certified bonkers

#58909 7 months ago

This CU at TCU game is certified bonkers

“We comin’”-Coach Prime

#58910 7 months ago

Tough opening week to pick. Very few gimme games.

#58911 7 months ago

I’m excited and looking forward to all the games. I haven’t even looked at the week 1 schedule. All I know is Miami will be playing the Chargers in California. Miami’s road trip to California went poorly last year, so I’m guessing the Chargers will win that one.

#58912 7 months ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

“We comin’”-Coach Prime

I'm already sick of the coverage of coach "Prime". Acts like the 1st time an unranked team beat a #17 team. All fluff. He's not drawing up plays.

#58913 7 months ago

Prime is the shit!

#58914 7 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Tough opening week to pick. Very few gimme games.

First few weeks are dart throws for the most part...

#58915 7 months ago

Leon Sandcastle should never be doubted!

Quoted from tomdrum:

I'm already sick of the coverage of coach "Prime". Acts like the 1st time an unranked team beat a #17 team. All fluff. He's not drawing up plays.

#58916 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Prime is the shit!

Just like my Amazon Prime. Coach Prime is a hype machine.

#58917 7 months ago

A hype machine in college football of all places, heavens no!!!

#58918 7 months ago

Wish the season started over holiday weekend
Is that so wrong?

#58919 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

A hype machine in college football of all places, heavens no!!!

Do you think coach Hairball made any difference in Michigan's win even though he wasn't on the field? Of course not. His assistant coaches are key. Like every D1 team.

#58920 7 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

...His assistant coaches are key. Like every D1 team.

Hell even 1 of them is also suspended.
His dumb plan of making a diffrent coach the head coach whilst he's gone is actually halarious.

#58923 7 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

topic looks deader than the Colts season

That one takes a minutes to get going usually. I try my best

#58924 7 months ago

At the risk of derailing this thread with NFL talk, here’s a survey of agents that should warm Levi’s heart.

IMG_6097 (resized).jpegIMG_6097 (resized).jpeg

#58925 7 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

At the risk of derailing this thread with NFL talk, here’s a survey of agents that should warm Levi’s heart.
[quoted image]

I think riverboat ron will be outta the league before Tua.. is it bookmark season yet?

#58926 7 months ago

Ron seems pretty happy this year so far. Just like the entire DC area. The Snyder cloud is gone. Everyone can focus on winning football games and Ron knows he has lucked into a franchise QB.

Cowboys and Eagles fans at my work are starting to get nervous about the Sam Howell experience.

#58927 7 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think riverboat ron will be outta the league before Tua.. is it bookmark season yet?

This is an interesting prediction. We will revisit!

Bookmark season is neverending. I PMed the mods to get my limit raised

#58928 7 months ago

Bosa only wants 32 million nearly double his current salary,or You could pay Saquon and Josh jacobs and have money left.

#58929 7 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Ron seems pretty happy this year so far. Just like the entire DC area. The Snyder cloud is gone. Everyone can focus on winning football games and Ron knows he has lucked into a franchise QB.

Inherited coaches don't usually last.. we'll see. He had that qb last season and admitted to not even realizing it.

#58930 7 months ago

It will be a great thing for the DC area if the team gets off to a fast start and if the Commander offense improves.

#58931 7 months ago

Gotta be getting closer to week 1 kickoff no?

Have been watching 'King of Queens' reruns on Paramount+ and their Thursday night football promo video of Lions-Chiefs caught my eye. Apparently gonna be able to watch this game *legally* so there is that!

#58932 7 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Gotta be getting closer to week 1 kickoff no?
Have been watching 'King of Queens' reruns on Paramount+ and their Thursday night football promo video of Lions-Chiefs caught my eye. Apparently gonna be able to watch this game *legally* so there is that!

I got KC by 14+

#58933 7 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Bosa only wants 32 million nearly double his current salary,or You could pay Saquon and Josh jacobs and have money left.

Really ?... thats stupid money .... Niners should tell him to pound salt, let him sit all year, and then tag him next year. Does he really want to leave $18M on the table with his history of injuries? No non QB is worth that kinda coin in a salary cap environment

#58934 7 months ago

This is it. Tua Tuesday. Week #1 is here. This is the final opportunity to enter your 2023 Healthy Tua Contest pick.

If I missed you, please add your guess to the list. You are to guess the number of games Tua will start and finish healthy. The winner will win a Chick-Fil-A gift card. Here are the picks so far.

jandrea95 didn't follow the rules and picked 19, so I dropped him down to 17 for a complete regular season
boscokid 17
Deaconblooze 17
Erik 13
MikeHogue 13
DanMarino 12
nwpinball 10
Slugmeister 9
TheLaw 9
Tomdrum 8
rai 7
CrazyLevi 6
fosaisu 4
Jamesays 3

#58935 7 months ago

Hoping you get a nice long season of Tua and he's able to have a nice long fruitful career for the fish.

You never know!

#58936 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hoping you get a nice long season of Tua and he's able to have a nice long fruitful career for the fish. You never know!

A last taste of "Preseason Levi" before things get real on Sunday.

#58937 7 months ago

Kelce questionable for Thursday with the gimpy knee

#58938 7 months ago

Both Super Bowl teams beginning the season with an L, bookmark it.

#58939 7 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

This is it. Tua Tuesday. Week #1 is here. This is the final opportunity to enter your 2023 Healthy Tua Contest pick.
If I missed you, please add your guess to the list. You are to guess the number of games Tua will start and finish healthy. The winner will win a Chick-Fil-A gift card. Here are the picks so far.
jandrea95 didn't follow the rules and picked 19, so I dropped him down to 17 for a complete regular season
boscokid 17
Deaconblooze 17
Erik 13
MikeHogue 13
DanMarino 12
nwpinball 10
Slugmeister 9
TheLaw 9
Tomdrum 8
rai 7
CrazyLevi 6
fosaisu 4
Jamesays 3

Starts is going to be a lot cleaner to determine than starts/finishes. Just a suggestion

#58940 7 months ago

Disney and spectrum better figure out their little scuffle before MNF.

Speaking of, no double header to start the year.. but then two weeks of 2 games starting just an hour apart.

Screenshot_20230905_141635 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230905_141635 (resized).jpg
#58941 7 months ago

Disney and spectrum better figure out their little scuffle before MNF.
Speaking of, no double header to start the year.. but then two weeks of 2 games starting just an hour apart. [quoted image]

I get a week extension; The week 1 MNF game features the jets, so I can watch it over the air via antenna. Covered for any MNF games on ABC as well.

Also, I think we can mooch off my babe's mom's Optimum account and watch ESPN via the app.

#58942 7 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

boscokid 17
Deaconblooze 17
Erik 13
MikeHogue 13
DanMarino 12
nwpinball 10
Slugmeister 9
TheLaw 9
Tomdrum 8
rai 7
CrazyLevi 6
fosaisu 4
Jamesays 3

Nobody taking the deuce? Gimme

#58943 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I got KC by 14+

Wait wiat...Kelce questionable with knee sprain

#58944 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait wiat...Kelce questionable with knee sprain

Too late bro - I already took Lions +14 for 2 Zingerman's Reubens and a case of Stroh's

#58945 7 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Too late bro - I already took Lions +14 for 2 Zingerman's Reubens and a case of Stroh's

Expectations lower = even more SOL

#58946 7 months ago

Starts is going to be a lot cleaner to determine than starts/finishes. Just a suggestion

Nope. Tua has got to start and finish the game without being pulled due to injury. If they are rolling with a 3 TD lead and he gets sent to the sidelines and a backup comes in to mop up the final drives, that still is a successful start for Tua.

I have a feeling it will be clear. He’s either gonna get obviously hurt, or he will successfully complete the games this year. It’s not like he’s going to get benched for performance. There is a big drop off with the #2 and #3 QBs.

#58947 7 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Nope. Tua has got to start and finish the game without being pulled due to injury. If they are rolling with a 3 TD lead and he gets sent to the sidelines and a backup comes in to mop up the final drives, that still is a successful start for Tua.
I have a feeling it will be clear. He’s either gonna get obviously hurt, or he will successfully complete the games this year. It’s not like he’s going to get benched for performance. There is a big drop off with the #2 and #3 QBs.

Yeah and they are going to be reporting on this health like crazy too. I think it will be easy enough to determine.

#58948 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah and they are going to be reporting on this health like crazy too. I think it will be easy enough to determine.

I wish he can play for a long career without injury. I’m not routing for him to get injured just feel like he’s injury prone.

#58949 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

For the record I wish him to play for a long career without injury. I’m not routing for him to get injured just feel like he’s injury prone.

Yeah you’ll never convince me he’s not extremely susceptible to further injury.

#58950 7 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Alright, well I hate to leave Bosco and jandrea alone at 17, but I'll move down to 14 to cover any unfortunate concussions later diagnosed as back injuries

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Haven, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 1,179 of 1,521.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/1179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.