C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 434.
#20501 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"They get the job done" is about the sum of most of their LCD games. Meanwhile Metallica has, imo, some of the best dots ever made. Now without a ColorDMD it's lacking, that's a must have in my book.
Personally I never believe these kind of rumors. The source for this one is full of shit on a regular basis, but just in general it doesn't pass the smell test. It was a great selling game with multiple runs, why would you put all the development energy into porting it to modern hardware, without the original programer (RIP) and then spend all the manpower and time on doing all new animations?
All to sell to a market that's already decently saturated with the game. Sure, there are people who missed out, the new breed of collectors who only own LCD games, but that doesn't really strike me as enough.
I don't have access to Stern's data, so who can really say I guess.

Agreed on the dots. First thing I did was get a color dmd despite already extending myself to afford the machine lol

#20502 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now without a ColorDMD it's lacking, that's a must have in my book.

Yeah I agree. I ordered one for GOT instead. Don’t make a Metallica topper. I want alien machine next year. You will make me work to much OT.

#20503 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Would you seriously rather have PS2-era-looking 3D models over a ColorDMD and Metallica's masterful dots?
I know I sure wouldn't.
No offense to Stern's team, they're working with the time and budget they have, nobody should expect Hollywood level CGI, but their LCD screen graphics are okay at best. Iron Maiden is a kick ass game, the screen though? That's not an upgrade over Metallica.

No, I prefer the dots for this game. I just want them to do a vault edition on this game. Sold my Pro a couple years ago and miss it.

#20504 1 year ago

I have pin2dmd on mine and it looks amazing.

#20505 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Got it!!! Awesome topper tilttoppers!!! Best Metallica topper I’ve seen. Great quality, great communication, and only took a few weeks to deliver.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the lead on this. Been looking for this for over a year and Should have mine in a few weeks. Now I need to find a purpose for my old topper that came w my machine.

#20506 1 year ago

Anybody know if the sparky helmet EL wire mod is still available anywhere?

#20507 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anybody know if this he sparky helmet EL wire mod is still available anywhere?

I haven't been able to find one. Considered using some EL wire from amazon and doing it myself but I'd prefer to just buy the mod ready to go. If you find one let us know,

#20508 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anybody know if the sparky helmet EL wire mod is still available anywhere?

Mezel mod made it and they said they stopped making it due to design issues when I asked a few months ago. I also read somewhere that it wasn’t that bright. I ended up putting a slinky type bracelet and 3d printed a mini cylinder for the attachment. I think I posted a pic on here before but can post again if needed.

#20509 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Mezel mod made it and they said they stopped making it due to design issues when I asked a few months ago. I also read somewhere that it wasn’t that bright. I ended up putting a slinky type bracelet and 3d printed a mini cylinder for the attachment. I think I posted a pic on here before but can post again if needed.

Would like to see

#20511 1 year ago

I made my own and wired it to light up. The cap for helmet get a magnetic push pin from office max and drill a hole in the top.

#20512 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I haven't been able to find one. Considered using some EL wire from amazon and doing it myself but I'd prefer to just buy the mod ready to go. If you find one let us know,

I made my own. Dollar store key chains, suction cup and some hot glue. Takes 5 minutes and gives you a certain simple feeling of satisfaction.

#20513 1 year ago

It doesn’t light up but fills the void

C32F3C1C-75CC-4DA7-8797-FC5DADF3D6C3 (resized).jpegC32F3C1C-75CC-4DA7-8797-FC5DADF3D6C3 (resized).jpeg

#20514 1 year ago
Quoted from Angel:

I made my own. Dollar store key chains, suction cup and some hot glue. Takes 5 minutes and gives you a certain simple feeling of satisfaction.

I have a 3d printer so I could probably whip something up pretty easily. Maybe I'll give it a try.
Looks like that's the route Medic7000 went and it looks pretty good.

#20515 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I have a 3d printer so I could probably whip something up pretty easily. Maybe I'll give it a try.
Looks like that's the route Medic7000 went and it looks pretty good.

This is my handy work...nothing special, but looks alright.

IMG_20221228_092108_348 small (resized).jpgIMG_20221228_092108_348 small (resized).jpg
#20516 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

El wire works ok in a darkly lit area, in a brighter area, you really won’t see the effect a very well, if at all. I wonder if a fiber optic might work better, but I’ve never really seen them in anything but a straight run, not curled up.

#20517 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

It doesn’t light up but fills the void
[quoted image]

I'd be interested in 3 or 4 caps for me and my friends if you'd like to make some. Thx

#20518 1 year ago

Thanks guys for all the ideas. I’ve never worked with EL wire before, so wasn’t sure what exactly to get or how it wires up. Is it pretty basic 2 wires or something different?

#20519 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks guys for all the ideas. I’ve never worked with EL wire before, so wasn’t sure what exactly to get or how it wires up. Is it pretty basic 2 wires or something different?

Looks like you can get 12v ones that come with a 2 prong plug, would be easy to wire into the flashers

https://www.amazon.ca/Light-Lights-Flexible-Wedding-Decorations/dp/B088T41JKD/

#20520 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It’s not that basic. You need an an inverter and you need to understand how to wire it. There are three wires that need to be connected, two of which are as thin as human hair. That link to the Amazon product cannot be attached to the flashers directly. Go on YouTube and you can find videos on how to wire el wire. Honestly, I think you’ll be disappointed with the results as it won’t be very bright.

#20521 1 year ago

Questuon: One of the shoes on my sparky broke off and is wedged under the metal wall beside it.. just wondering what kind of solutions or repairs people have come up with to re-attach the shoe! Thanks.

#20522 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Questuon: One of the shoes on my sparky broke off and is wedged under the metal wall beside it.. just wondering what kind of solutions or repairs people have come up with to re-attach the shoe! Thanks.

Mine did same thing years ago. Super glue didn’t hold it, so eventually I left it wedged in there and don’t even notice it anymore. Following for a fix.

#20523 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Quoted from konghusker:

Mine did same thing years ago. Super glue didn’t hold it, so eventually I left it wedged in there and don’t even notice it anymore. Following for a fix.

If you can find out what type of plastic it's made out of you can find a glue that will be strongest. There are some specialty glues that are incredibly strong, they basically weld the plastic together but you have to make sure you're getting the right one for the material and I have no idea what Sparky is made out of.

I also saw someone 3d printed replacement sparky shoes but I was never able to get a file from them, they don't post on pinside anymore and don't respond to messages. 3d printing new ones is an option if someone can make a suitable model.

#20524 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:I'd be interested in 3 or 4 caps for me and my friends if you'd like to make some. Thx

I can check on sat if I still have the file. I’m a noob at designing things and made it a while ago. I might still have it and if I do I’ll make you some I’ll let you know on sat when I get back from work.

#20525 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I can check on sat if I still have the file. I’m a noob at designing things and made it a while ago. I might still have it and if I do I’ll make you some I’ll let you know on sat when I get back from work.

Thanks, I think it looks really good on Sparky

#20526 1 year ago

Anybody ever experience flippers getting weak over time? I’ve done new coil sleeves and stops but still they feel intermittently lazy. No binding. Should I maybe adjust/replace EOS and flipper button switches?

#20527 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I used a small plastic bracket I 3d printed and attached it underneath with two small screws to hold the broken shoe to the main body. I then adhered the joint with jbweld. It’s been a couple of years and has held up.

#20528 1 year ago

Per Sparky's design and location of target between his boots, it almost seems like it's a matter of WHEN they'll break not If! It would be quite the challenge to try to protect the boots from taking the beating that they experience every game. As a last resort I was thinking about taking clear silicone and just bonding the boots to playfield via that small clearance between the two. Would possibly absorb some of the impact of every hit!? Desperate times=desperate measures

#20529 1 year ago

I am the original owner of a Roadcase. I recently added side rails and hinges from Pinballmetal and they look awesome. The problem is the Key for the backbox won’t work. I giggled it and tried everything. Anyone else run into this issue on an older machine? If so how did you fix it?

6853D380-2A89-4BF0-A770-6FBF31250BFE (resized).jpeg6853D380-2A89-4BF0-A770-6FBF31250BFE (resized).jpeg

#20530 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

I am the original owner of a Roadcase.

Oh hey, you've got my speaker panel decal, I never actually see those, don't think too many were printed. I gave the design away and never kept track though.

I originally designed it for Lyman.

#20531 1 year ago

I’d love that speaker panel, AND that side metal. Looks awesome

#20532 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

I am the original owner of a Roadcase. I recently added side rails and hinges from Pinballmetal and they look awesome. The problem is the Key for the backbox won’t work. I giggled it and tried everything. Anyone else run into this issue on an older machine? If so how did you fix it?
[quoted image]

The Warriors...... Killer flick!!

#20533 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I’d love that speaker panel

tbh I can't remember who I gave the file to, Pingraffix maybe? It's been too many years to recall.

Road Case Panel (resized).pngRoad Case Panel (resized).png

#20534 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

[quoted image]

It looks like you got the backbox open so it might just be easiest to replace the lock since you have access.

The pins could be stuck or worn or something, you could try some lubricant but might just be easier to get a new lock.

#20535 1 year ago

I went to look at a game, and noticed it had 1 tech alert (switch 52-grave marker opto) and 2 inserts not going off on the lamp test (circled in the pic)

Didn’t really have time to get much more into it while I was there, but curious what i might be looking at in terms of difficulty/cost for the opto fix

Was also surprised to see 2 LEDs out on a more recent Metallica build

2EB58061-C909-445B-99C5-7EB7A08176C1 (resized).jpeg2EB58061-C909-445B-99C5-7EB7A08176C1 (resized).jpeg
#20536 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I went to look at a game, and noticed it had 1 tech alert (switch 52-grave marker opto) and 2 inserts not going off on the lamp test (circled in the pic)
Didn’t really have time to get much more into it while I was there, but curious what i might be looking at in terms of difficulty/cost for the opto fix
Was also surprised to see 2 LEDs out on a more recent Metallica build[quoted image]

The opto is probably fine. If you don’t trigger the opto in a certain number of games it throws the alert for you to check it. Pull the glass off and trigger it by hand in a game and I’d bet it goes away

#20537 1 year ago

Been getting some wild air balls from the ramp entrance. Anyone see anything out of whack? I know I need to change the magnet core but the issue is along the left side ramp entrance. It happens before it actually gets to the ramp. Also I’ve noticed it happens more from the a left flipper shot up that edge of the cemetery.

34B47586-0200-4EDE-9D26-52EB6386F49D (resized).jpeg34B47586-0200-4EDE-9D26-52EB6386F49D (resized).jpeg73684549-0D44-4186-8C9A-EBD13A8988A5 (resized).jpeg73684549-0D44-4186-8C9A-EBD13A8988A5 (resized).jpeg736D3C59-9199-4534-BDB9-63C5DDA0B64C (resized).jpeg736D3C59-9199-4534-BDB9-63C5DDA0B64C (resized).jpeg
#20538 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I did el wire on a Hollywood Heat years ago. Looked just like neon lights. Yes you need an inverter and plug it into the service outlet. Be careful though, the inverter seemed to get hot and have a strong electric smell when the door was opened. It may have been my wire size?

#20539 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

tbh I can't remember who I gave the file to, Pingraffix maybe? It's been too many years to recall.
[quoted image]

I got mine from cointaker in 2021. It’s not on their website now though.

623C9BE5-B0D5-4B15-87A4-3B0CD990EBE0 (resized).jpeg623C9BE5-B0D5-4B15-87A4-3B0CD990EBE0 (resized).jpeg
#20540 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I got mine from cointaker in 2021. It’s not on their website now though. [quoted image]

Come one man, pins turned on and lets see TBL and Met side by side!!

#20541 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Come one man, pins turned on and lets see TBL and Met side by side!!

Not turned on but still a fun lineup at the moment.

BCCBD648-A669-47E1-8125-754D5069A2DD (resized).jpegBCCBD648-A669-47E1-8125-754D5069A2DD (resized).jpeg
#20542 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I got mine from cointaker in 2021. It’s not on their website now though.

Huh, they must have had a deal with whoever I gave the graphic to. It doesn't matter, I gave it away freely for them to print for anyone who wanted it, I took no payment, and I don't care who sold it. Just glad some people got it and seem to enjoy it.

As I said, it was a project I did for Lyman, and then I figured I'd give it away after that.

#20543 1 year ago

Longshot I’m sure, but if anyone in this group is considering parting with their game and is within 4 hrs or so of NJ please let me know

C215B175-1F8E-453E-BEFF-E07C537190A3 (resized).jpegC215B175-1F8E-453E-BEFF-E07C537190A3 (resized).jpeg
#20544 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh hey, you've got my speaker panel decal, I never actually see those, don't think too many were printed. I gave the design away and never kept track though.
I originally designed it for Lyman.

Actually I modified my speaker panel decal a little.

147AA66A-E81A-482F-9CC9-88A70EF68AC9 (resized).jpeg147AA66A-E81A-482F-9CC9-88A70EF68AC9 (resized).jpeg6EEBC16B-0122-4871-9D85-9BE8D48D578C (resized).jpeg6EEBC16B-0122-4871-9D85-9BE8D48D578C (resized).jpeg

#20545 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the decal?

#20546 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Been getting some wild air balls from the ramp entrance. Anyone see anything out of whack? I know I need to change the magnet core but the issue is along the left side ramp entrance. It happens before it actually gets to the ramp. Also I’ve noticed it happens more from the a left flipper shot up that edge of the cemetery.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Padding looks a bit smashed on the pic target. Could try replacing that. You could also try softer rubber on post up there. Looks like one of those superband type hard rubbers that don't give much. Could also be Sparky's feet if you do not have an extended protector.

#20547 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

Love it! That is a pimped out game, not too many mods you haven't done!

#20548 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Love it! That is a pimped out game, not too many mods you haven't done!

Looks like it just needs one of them fancy hammers you make.

That's the first mod I'd go for if money was not a factor.

#20549 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Longshot I’m sure, but if anyone in this group is considering parting with their game and is within 4 hrs or so of NJ please let me know[quoted image]

Pretty much how I found my Metallica. I placed a WTB add on Pinside,and someone 45 minutes away from me responded. Good luck !

#20550 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Pretty much how I found my Metallica. I placed a WTB add on Pinside,and someone 45 minutes away from me responded. Good luck !

yeah that's actually how I got a LOTR a little while back. Unfortunately not much traction on the WTB, but I'll keep looking

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 411 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/411 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.