2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 434.
#52 10 years ago

Good game hey Wotto. I think this is the best Pro that Stern have come out with. I think this could sell more than ACDC... Lets see.. Its certainly a better player thats for sure.

#53 10 years ago

Can't wait to get my LE. The layout looks like fun, the artwork is awesome and I am An old headbanger.
But I hope the rules will be as great too. Lyman did great games and has the power to do it and from what you hear, this time he will have enough time to do it right. But after the storyboards that were shown in the first videos I hoped for a more mode based gameplay,modes with finishing lines that have to be accomplished. Also I love the AC/DC gameplay, I hoped for something different, something more like Tommy or GnR. I think there are alot people that will put these two games next each other. So far all we have seen is a great MB action, but without complex modes. And from the look of the inserts I don't know if there will be more.
But I still hope, that this game will be my new holy grail of pinball. Fun, easy to understand hard to master with many mini goals to archieve. What I could see so far from the videos, it will have a cool feeling. It looks like it will have satisfying shots, it will be fun to feed the snake or to grill this guy, or to rise the cross and that all is very promising for me.
Like I said, all looks great and fun, I hope the code will be great too.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Here are some pics for those who asked

Wotto, these are the best pictures I've seen - are you a pro photographer? Very nice, Stern should use these on their site.

#55 10 years ago

My day yesterday after work:

Playboy OUT !
goodbye.jpeggoodbye.jpeg

Metallica IN!
box.jpegbox.jpeg

Sssssnake 1:
snake1.jpegsnake1.jpeg

Sssssnake 2:
snake2.jpegsnake2.jpeg

Demon!!!!
demon.jpegdemon.jpeg

1st Grand Champ
gc.jpeggc.jpeg

#56 10 years ago

Another pic of a feature yet to be implemented:

'Crank It Up' on the scoop.
Perhaps a future volume or song gameplay adjustment?
Or maybe it will function during sparky MB to crank up the voltage?

crank.jpegcrank.jpeg

#57 10 years ago

AJK??? Bowens had a game on it???

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Don't you know yet?
I'm the next generation of Bowen

#59 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics. I never noticed the " Crank it up " on the scoop in other pics. Should be interesting to see what that is used for.

#60 10 years ago

Anyone have a lot of brick probleme with the inline drop target? Mine brick maybe 2/3 of the time for the first one and maybe 1/3 of the time for the second one...

I try to realigne the assembly but seem to have no luck so far...

This is very annoying...

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Anyone have a lot of brick probleme with the inline drop target? Mine brick maybe 2/3 of the time for the first one and maybe 1/3 of the time for the second one...
This is very annoying...

The one in the showroom was bricking most drop shots.
Mine seems to be fine so far.
I know with new drops there is often a 'break-in period'.
They start off really firm and after play loosen up a bit.

I would try adjusting the pitch slightly.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

What time is the launch party at Lanes and Games? Best part is I can take a the train from the airport(redline). Flight is free so why not. YOLO!
I grew up in Boston. Yankees suck it.

People start showing up around 4:00 to hang out. Tourney starts at 7:00 with entrance closed at 8:00. This Friday is a regular monthly tournament with Metallica included. The official launch party is on the 7th.

Mike

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Rumor has it Bowen was at Lanes and Games last night.

#64 10 years ago

My playfield damage. Not sure what I should do about it. Suggestions?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#65 10 years ago

Looks like you can glue the piece of wood back in. This is relatively minor. Remove post. Glue back in and or put washer over it.

Playfield issues are the biggest gamble with NIB. I had a minor issue with my ACDC but it played perfect and still to this day doesnt have any dimpling. Hard wood I guess.

Take a pic and email Stern support and see what they say.

#66 10 years ago

Did you put LEDs in above the snake and mystery scoop or are those stock? Are the pop bumpers LEDs?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

My playfield damage. Not sure what I should do about it. Suggestions?

Call your distributor and/or Stern. That is a manufacturer defect and should be fixed under warranty!

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Did you put LEDs in above the snake and mystery scoop or are those stock? Are the pop bumpers LEDs?

There are a few selective LEDs that come stock:

Snake head (green)
Behind snake (white flasher alerting multiball is ready)

Spotlight on Sparky (white superbrights)
Scoop: Extra Ball (orange) Crank it Up (blue)

The pops have domes over the lights, not sure if they are LEDs.

I have to say the game looks great with mostly incandescent with a few choice LEDs.

Not a big LED fan myself, I hope Stern doesn't switch the Pros to all LED in the future.

#69 10 years ago

I guess I should finally post here, I am waiting on my LE, will be my first pin and I'm looking forward to it, love all the pics and videos, can't wait much longer.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

This is very annoying...

In the assembly I found that if I SLIGHTLY loosened the screw on the end that holds the centre rod with the springs on it – then the drops dropped easier , a lot easier – however the screw would work its way loose over time which is an issue. Maybe a spring washer on that screw would help if we wanted to have that screw held looser.

I have since just re-tightened that screw and my drops are fine , I think I have had one or two ‘brick’ shots on the front drop target since- no big deal.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wotto, these are the best pictures I've seen - are you a pro photographer? Very nice, Stern should use these on their site.

haha - thanks for the comments - no I am not a photographer, I use a Canon EOS550D which is a decent camera and to be honest I thought these photos were 'just OK' as I took them at night and had shadow issues from my room lights to deal with otherwise they would be even better I think. The only thing I did was 'up' the contrast in Photoshop before posting them up becuse they were a little dull in the raw.

Will try and get better shots over the weekend with natural light as opposed to the room lighting from last night.

#72 10 years ago

All this talk of drops not going down reliably reminds me of the Centaur I sold. I don't know if the same thing is happening with MET, but here's how one person fixed the drops on his Centaur:

It would be nice if someone rented a Phantom Flex (high-speed camera) so we can see what's going on.

#73 10 years ago

Here's a 15-minute video of Lyman playing it. Please discuss (I got fed up with the original thread on this):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gzxc59Y6GcA?autoplay=1&rel=0

#74 10 years ago

I noticed several things I liked...first was that I was hearing the intro music in the multiballs - YES! Snake / "Sad But True" was the one exception. Second was seeing how Lyman used the Mystery scoop to juggle balls during MB, very cool! Last was just how the whole thing seems to be coming together...

#75 10 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the rule card on the pro; it seems like it might have changed

#76 10 years ago

Installed 1.06 last night.
The .BIN is about 87mb, while 1.03 is 134mb.
I was kicking myself for not backing up 1.03, but everything worked out in the end.
I'm guessing they used better compression and got rid of some 'placeholder' files.

The new code has everything in 1.03 + more.

I noticed the following changes:

- Background song fades when you hit Mystery for new sound clip.
- Mystery still only seems to award 500k or 'Add Fuel'
- Coffin hurry up now has a hilarious animation of punks dancing
- Coffin multiball now has animation for multiball start, very cool.
- Coffin mb jackpots are now 'explosions' on DMD. Before they were just text.
- Intro to 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' is now included.
- 'And Justice for All' Mode now has a brief intro. I liked it better when it started ripping right away.

For those who have their game, here's something to shoot for (Factory settings):

GC_1.06.JPGGC_1.06.JPG

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

- Intro to 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' is now included.

Which mode or MB is that song associated with? Or can you only play it as a background song?
I'll stop asking questions Saturday, when mine is on legs.

#78 10 years ago

We need a code updated for the week-end!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Which mode or MB is that song associated with? Or can you only play it as a background song?

I believe Coffin multiball is For Whom the Bell Tolls, but don't quote me on that.
I activated coffin with a stack, so I'm not positive of what I was hearing.
In 30ish games I've only started Coffin twice.
Once with 1.03 and it had no start animations or jackpot animations.

Coffin is extremely tough to get going.
You have to complete the series of picks 3x each to activate each lock (think ZEUS on Tron).
It takes a buttload of time to get all 3 balls locked and start the multiball.

#80 10 years ago

I love the the layout. This is a Mans pin.

What I got from Lymans Video....

1. The right ramp is back handable @ 14:45 he does it with ease.
2. The side to side action (challenging in IM and ACDC Pro) is mitigated by the right scoop and the Fuel shot.
3. Strobe or LED under right ramp looks awesome.
4. FUEL hurry up engine sound = American V8 Muscle = Good old days!
5. Seems very balanced.
6. Combos are active and love the call outs so far.
7. Modes stackable.
8. Challenging shots mixed with easy shots. Good for both novice players and experts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gzxc59Y6GcA

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

We need a code updated for the week-end!

I'm glad Monday is a holiday here.
Forget the Queen, I've renamed Victoria Day to
METALLICA MONDAY

#82 10 years ago

^Damn, even Lyman was bricking out hard a lot in that video.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Brick out hard?? NO He had some awesome saves, live catches and combos. Started all the MB modes. No SDTM.

Plus lets see you play with the camera over your should with the world watching. Trust me I have made a few videos and its not easy.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Brick out hard?? NO He had some awesome saves, live catches and combos. Started all the MB modes. No SDTM.
Plus lets see you play with the camera over your should with the world watching. Trust me I have made a few videos and its not easy.

Calm down, I wasn't saying Lyman sucks. Just hard not to notice a lot of the shots bricking when he was going for the Drops, ramps, orbits - which has more to do with design of the PF.

#85 10 years ago

Im just happy the finally posted a video with a designer and tournament player playing.

I want it to be hard. Easy pins get kicked to the curb in my house.

#86 10 years ago

Anyone know when stern is pushing the net batch of pros out the door? I'm eagerly awaiting mine to arrive.

#87 10 years ago

I sold a bunch of Metallica PinPac 2 headphone kits. Has anyone who ordered Pinnovators headphone jacks for Metallica got their game? Still waiting for my Metallica Le to come. Sound should be on par with acdc. Looking for some feedback if anyone has theirs hooked up.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.con

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I sold a bunch of Metallica PinPac 2 headphone kits. Has anyone who ordered Pinnovators headphone jacks for Metallica got their game? Still waiting for my Metallica Le to come. Sound should be on par with acdc. Looking for some feedback if anyone has theirs hooked up.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.con

Lorenzo,

I'll take one

-Alex

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.con

You should consider donating if you are going to be hacking your wares here ; )

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.con

I have the PinPac2, and we're doing the unboxing at 2pm tomorrow. I'll install it before we plunge the first ball!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I went back and looked at his shots. In the beginning looks like he was aiming for the guitar pics. Which is how you lock balls for Coffin MB. One of the harder MB to start.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You should consider donating if you are going to be hacking your wares here ; )

Ur right I've never donated to pinside.. Ill do that in the next day or so... Thanks should have thought of that. Thanks

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Calm down, I wasn't saying Lyman sucks. Just hard not to notice a lot of the shots bricking when he was going for the Drops, ramps, orbits - which has more to do with design of the PF.

But you're buying one anyway?

Just because Lyman doesn't have the shots down yet doesn't mean the layout is flawed. I've seen plenty of flow in GAP's videos. It takes time to get the tighter shots down, even for a top 10 player.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have the PinPac2, and we're doing the unboxing at 2pm tomorrow. I'll install it before we plunge the first ball!

I was told June for my le

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lorenzo,
I'll take one
-Alex

Was planning on giving you one at Allentown but we sold out.. Shoot me a private email with address Alex!

#96 10 years ago

Has anyone installed a shaker yet? I may borrow one from another pin, if the one I ordered from FF isn't here this weekend.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

The .BIN is about 87mb, while 1.03 is 134mb.
I was kicking myself for not backing up 1.03, but everything worked out in the end.

My 1.03 file shows as being 80,891,140 bytes

1.06 shows as 82,354,708 bytes

I don't think they can even fit more than 128 mbytes into the memory on those boards anyways, but I could be wrong.

#98 10 years ago

To lock balls in Coffin MB you have to hit ALL guitar picks. Then the captive ball. I see him doing this in the first 3 minutes. Watch it again and watch the guitar pics.

Some are calling this missed/bricked shots.

Link for your convenience

#99 10 years ago

Just off the truck...goodbye Friday afternoon!

just_delivered.jpegjust_delivered.jpeg

#100 10 years ago

I just got mine all set up . It shows 1.03 how do I get the 1.06 software. I went to sterns sight to down load it and under metallica code it just comes up unavalaible .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,662 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.