51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

Patiently waiting for my LE to ship.

1 week later
#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I just bought this MOP Tapestry as a dust cover for a for my machine.
Ebay link

Sweet, grabbing one for my LE. I've been using bed sheets to protect my games with Invisiglass from my pesky cats, so this will look awesome instead.

4 months later
#499 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's strange about that kit is the fact that they are selling 5 replacement LED boards, when really only 4 are needed, since one of the colors is white (which the stock one already is).

It's actually a Warm White, to simulate yellow, since yellow LED's usually suck.

#503 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Negative.
They specifically list yellow as a separate color. This is supposed to be white. It's right next to the yellow one.

Oops, my bad. I have this mod, I just don't remember the colors well. The white is still a warm white though, so you want to swap out that board anyway.

#505 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No I don't.
I'd much prefer a cool white in that slot over a warm white. I might buy this kit, but if I do, I won't be replacing that particular LED board.

Okay, do whatever you want, I don't really care.

3 weeks later
#542 10 years ago

Sign me up when it's for sale, very cool.

1 month later
#610 10 years ago

I replaced the plastic diverter post with a metal one like someone else recommended. I gotta say, it now functions correctly almost all of the time (90%+). No more balls getting rejected back down the orbits when it hits the post, now it functions as it was supposed to. I highly recommend this if you don't just want to turn off the post completely.

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from TomF:

Does anybody have the product id number or a link to some site selling the metal post? Does the post work for iron man aswell?

Here you go:
http://marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-17986

Not sure if it will also work for Iron Man. I've played about 10 games on Metallica since putting in this armature, and only once on each side has the ball been rejected. Before it was almost 95% of the time.

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I keep having the leds fall out of the spotlights attached to the slingshots, anyone have an easy fix for this?

Couple drops of super glue. Problem solved.

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sorry for the dumb question but what does is matter if post is plastic or metal. How does it improve the problem? I disabled mine because I gotso sick of it. Thanks

Quite simply because metal absorbs more of the impact where with plastic it bounces way more. It improves the problem by eliminating the problem, which is the best kind of improvement you could ask for.

1 week later
#646 10 years ago

Why would anyone even do the normal skill shot? The super skill shot is pretty damn easy. For people who don't know about it, just hold the left flipper when plunging.

I was adamant about disabling the post diverter, but since replacing it with a metal one, I'll never disable it again. It works exactly as it should finally. There are a lot of subtle differences when playing with the post disabled that just don't play/feel right with it off.

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

I replaced the balls in my Pro with carbon core pinballs. It plays way different now. The super skill shot trick to the mystery hole doesn't work anymore. Haven't had an airball off the slings yet, and I would get at least one a game with the old set of balls. It plays a lot faster but I haven't had a "good" game yet with these balls.
Anyone else try carbon core balls and way in with their thoughts on them?
I also put them into my BSD and they don't seem to affect game play in the same way as with the Met Pro.
These are the ones I put in - http://www.canadapinballparts.com/storefront/index.php?p=product&id=251&parent=0

Everyone should be using carbon core balls. Even the crappy stock ones are. You don't want to be using steel core balls in games with magnets.

#651 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I read a lot about plastic to metal post changing but what is the difference eg what is going wrong with the plastic post? Is it not returning the ball back or ???? If I compare my met pro with a friend of mine both have same behavior. Doesn't appear to be wrong so what am I missing ??

The ball rejects against the post and the ball rolls back where it came instead of dribbling into the pops. The metal post allows the game to play as it was designed.

#654 10 years ago

It's like five posts back, just scroll up a little.

6 years later
#17632 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm rejoining the group, boys! I sold my machine when I was moving (had to sell the whole collection), but am getting the very same one I sold back this Thursday. I can't wait to play again.

Awesome, I did the same thing and I'm picking another up today! It's a Metallica LE, but not the same one I owned originally. Can't wait!

1 month later
#17661 3 years ago

How can I tell if my METLE has the new magnet board or not? I've found that the Hammer magnet only grabs the ball on very slow rollovers.

#17663 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

It should say REV D.

Hmmm, thanks. I checked and it does say REV D. I can't really remember with my old METLE if it grabbed the ball better than this, but I thought so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=flashburn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.