Topic Stats

• 17,180 posts
  • 959 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 370 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C983082E-5120-4A3C-9B68-EB491421D7E7 (resized).jpeg
3508fb180bb5eddd6ce77b68e97d976e00ff52fd.jpeg (resized).jpg
EF82459E-3D35-4C2F-A1A4-D5A5AF738B5B (resized).jpeg
12F2F3CA-9A84-4A07-8498-CDFCAD6BB449 (resized).jpeg
BDAA4093-FC41-4AF3-98C0-C8F4AFE06BC5 (resized).jpeg
5B2DBA3D-D33B-4FA3-B478-0C8902164D28.jpeg
08A2353A-227F-4471-B644-99250F8CD1ED (resized).jpeg
EE77AE9B-F9D2-4417-95C1-487A0003B0A6 (resized).jpeg
C2778CF1-BE72-4435-A7A3-956014D956D6 (resized).jpeg
EB43D533-A925-4165-9D81-02CB119BFBFD (resized).jpeg
FA45EFDB-A47E-43E1-93E9-D6B9E5A82DA2 (resized).jpeg
Dp4gQ5MU4AAC7vo (resized).jpg
20200106_232456 (resized).jpg
BEC16C8D-A4E8-40D6-8096-4BD2C9E0C98C (resized).jpeg
20200106_115003 (resized).jpg
20200106_115136 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17180 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 344.
#101 6 years ago

This came taped to the backglass.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

My 1.03 file shows as being 80,891,140 bytes
1.06 shows as 82,354,708 bytes
I don't think they can even fit more than 128 mbytes into the memory on those boards anyways, but I could be wrong.

Step 1 of code update erased the previous version I thought?
This process was the large file.
Im not certain but I seem to recall it being over 130mb.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I just got mine all set up . It shows 1.03 how do I get the 1.06 software. I went to sterns sight to down load it and under metallica code it just comes up unavalaible .

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/MTL106.zip

Have fun!

#105 6 years ago

Finally got the external sub rocking, waxed her up, and disabled the orbit up post.
This thing is now FLYING.
Love the orbit to ramp combo.
Goodbye pop bumpers

What about you guys?

#106 6 years ago

A day of highs and lows.
Got GC with 90m but the snake lost a fang

#107 6 years ago

guys I put a link up on here for the 1.06 code just look for that; can someone please take a pic of the rule card on their pro?
thanks guys

#108 6 years ago

Bought mople today. Just went in for 9 flasher LEDs and came out with a bill of sale for another game. I played the pro and was very impressed.

#109 6 years ago

very cool

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

A day of highs and lows.
Got GC with 90m but the snake lost a fang

People were wondering if that was a weak point - guess we have our first casualty.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

People were wondering if that was a weak point - guess we have our first casualty.

Yeah, I'm wondering what ebay is going to be like in 2018 when you search for Metallica pinball machines.

"missing fangs on snake. Doesn't affect gameplay of machine. This is quite common for machines of that era."

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I went back and looked at his shots. In the beginning looks like he was aiming for the guitar pics. Which is how you lock balls for Coffin MB. One of the harder MB to start.

EXACTLY what I saw.....Imagine Lyman "bricking shots"...LOL

#113 6 years ago

Just got mine today and I am LOVING it! I know it's the honeymoon phase, but I can tell after just a few games I like it already. I didn't have this feeling with X-Men so maybe Metallica will have the staying power for me. I'm already experimenting with LEDs.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#114 6 years ago

Could you post a close up of the rules card?

#115 6 years ago

Wow, version 1.06 is awesome!!! I want to type up a long review, but I'm exhausted so I'll hit the high points:

- Sound thru the PinPac using headphones is outstanding. Factory speakers sound like AM radio, they gotta go! Waiting for Flipper Fidelity to send shaker and speakers...

- Everybody was making ramp shots frequently, even my non-pin wife. Combos are the key to fast orbit shots. I was surprised at how often a lazy shot would make it over the ramps. Missed shots rarely drain SDTM, so it's beginner-friendly. 13-year-old friend of my son put up the GC at 81M!

- Callouts and SFX are both great! I only played 1 game on v1.03, so don't know if these changed. I would be completely happy if they stayed as they are in 1.06.

- The slings are a little too powerful. They launched the ball onto the ramps or into the outlanes several times. I'll try the "soft coil strength" setting tomorrow.

- Interesting hybrid off a shooter's game and a flow game. Ball times are "just right". No sucker shots, but the inline drops and captive ball are somewhat dangerous.

- Combos are a ton of fun; I had several 3-ways tonight.

- No problems with drop targets.

- Left flipper leaf switch needed adjusting badly. Easy fix!

- Very happy to see t-nuts already installed for the shaker - no drilling, nice!

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just got mine today and I am LOVING it! I know it's the honeymoon phase, but I can tell after just a few games I like it already. I didn't have this feeling with X-Men so maybe Metallica will have the staying power for me. I'm already experimenting with LEDs.

cooool

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Okay Derek, for you...yes. . image.jpg

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow, version 1.06 is awesome!!! I want to type up a long review, but I'm exhausted so I'll hit the high points:
- Sound thru the PinPac using headphones is outstanding. Factory speakers sound like AM radio, they gotta go! Waiting for Flipper Fidelity to send shaker and speakers...
- Everybody was making ramp shots frequently, even my non-pin wife. Combos are the key to fast orbit shots. I was surprised at how often a lazy shot would make it over the ramps. Missed shots rarely drain SDTM, so it's beginner-friendly. 13-year-old friend of my son put up the GC at 81M!
- Callouts and SFX are both great! I only played 1 game on v1.03, so don't know if these changed. I would be completely happy if they stayed as they are in 1.06.
- The slings are a little too powerful. They launched the ball onto the ramps or into the outlanes several times. I'll try the "soft coil strength" setting tomorrow.
- Interesting hybrid off a shooter's game and a flow game. Ball times are "just right". No sucker shots, but the inline drops and captive ball are somewhat dangerous.
- Combos are a ton of fun; I had several 4-ways tonight.
- Very happy to see t-nuts already installed for the shaker - no drilling, nice!

cooool too!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Okay Derek, for you...yes. . I'll go down and do it now.

Brosky you rock man ))

#120 6 years ago

Sure thing, if it's sidewise maybe a mod can fix? I'm on my iPhone now.

image.jpg

#121 6 years ago

There are many new settings in the 1.06 code, including a tantalizing reference to "Seek and Destroy Champ". The band member inserts were flashing, so I suspect these modes are coded and we just haven't discovered how to complete them yet. Maybe you have to complete the pick shots in sequence?

Metallica never felt as hard to me as NF, DH or IM. So worries about a "brickfest" are wildly overblown. It's just a very fun game, and the music works really well. I hope that final code will remember song position from ball to ball.

Final note: Each lock requires completing all picks 2X, but you can change this to 1x in settings. You complete a lot of picks just whacking the ball around, so this isn't hard or tedious to do.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

#2: Mine has messed up paint, below the speaker panel. The wood there looks like it fell onto a newspaper, then peeled off leaving a palm print on the other side.

Just got a Metallica Pro in today and it has this exact same problem. Looks like something laid against it while the paint was wet. I think I can fix it, but it still sucks.
Terry.

#123 6 years ago

A positive review , good to hear this from a owner. Congrats on loving your pin.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Looking great! Glad you are loving it. Really looking forward to getting my premium in.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

- Combos are a ton of fun; I had several 4-ways tonight.

Nice, can't wait for my le to come in..

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

guys I put a link up on here for the 1.06 code just look for that; can someone please take a pic of the rule card on their pro?thanks guys

For some reason my rule card is in spanish.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

For some reason my rule card is in spanish.

Flip it over - should be English on the other side.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Flip it over - should be English on the other side.

Thanks I did not know that.

#129 6 years ago

Nice review Swamp. Does look like a hybrid between flow and shooter.

A Champ score for each MB would be great. Like ACDC high jackpot score for each song.

#130 6 years ago

Anybody have a Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro installed yet?

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Anybody have a Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro installed yet?

I bought the FF Sub, but the connector for the volume knob is not the not the same. I guess I need a different adapter. It's still an improvement, but I would like to bump up the bass.

Edit: It looks like ordered the wrong model, so be sure to look carefully when ordering.

#132 6 years ago

More notes:

- Hold left flipper on launch to disable orbit up post for super skill shot (like AC/DC shoot any major shot)
- Attract mode radio! Hold right flipper during attract mode to access FULL SONGS on radio
- Feature adjustment to turn off 'Instructional Speech' ("Hit the Ramp" callouts, etc)

Favorite call outs:

James:

"That was fucking awesome"
"Fry that mother fucker"
"Oh yeeeah" (ala Macho Man in WWFRR)
"I sentence you to DEATH"
"Yea I think he's fucking hungry, you feed the Snake"
"Metal up your ass"
"This games fucking awesome"
"Im gonna kick you ass"
"Jack-fuckin-pot"
"You think you're hot shit, huh?"

Sparky:

"Oh yeah, I love a ride"
"Cookem Dano"
"Don't forget to wet the sponge this time"
"Juice me up"
"My eyeballs feel hot"
"Hmmmm smells like fried chicken"
"I love a good barbecue"
"What the fuck!"
"That was fucking gooooooood"
"Oooohhhaaaaahh gigigigigigagaaa aaaaahhhhhh"
"I'm allllliiiivvvveeeee"
"Ride the liiigghhhttttniiiinngg"
"My balls are on fire"
"Hehehehe that was fucking cool"

Snake:

"That'ssss not niccce"
"Ssssssensational"
"You ssssuck"
"*puking*"
"Ssssssstop that"
"I'm fucking hungry, hungry for your balls"

Kirk:

"That is sick dude"
"That crazy little bastard just gave you a shitload of points"
"He's fucked now"
"I think the little guy ... is dead"
"Fast scoring ... faster scoring ... really fucking fast scoring"

Robert:

"Put your finger in there"
"You don't wanna fuck with Robert"
"We're in a pinball game, maybe we'll get a record deal now"
"Who the hell is Dano?"
"Little crazy bastard likes it"
"Smells like little crazy bastard to me"
"He's fucked now"
"This machine is awesome"
"Don't you remember the line 'Cookem Dano'?"

Lars:

"The snake owes me money"

#133 6 years ago

Very happy with those call outs!!! Freaking awesome.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I bought the FF Sub, but the connector for the volume knob is not the not the same. I guess I need a different adapter. It's still an improvement, but I would like to bump up the bass.
Edit: It looks like ordered the wrong model, so be sure to look carefully when ordering.

I never use the Volume contoller. Just leave it in the box. It only reduces input to cab speaker. Which is not needed IMO. More bass the better. I have FF system ready togo. Could be wrong connector too.

Can you take a pic of the connector on the Metallica? Is it a 3 pin or 4?

#135 6 years ago

I think it's a 4 pin, will double check. Michael from FF already emailed me and said he would send me the adapter, no problem. I like the volume knob as I can adjust how much I can push it before the glass starts rattling to hell

Here's a little video of me experiment with some LED's. I really like the fuel gage colors.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here's a little video of me experiment with some LED's

Tease

#137 6 years ago

Ha, it's uploading 10 more mins

The glare sucks too, I'm gonna pull the glass and film a game in a little bit. I did some flashers too, this video is just in attraction mode, but it's a start.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I think it's a 4 pin, will double check. Michael from FF already emailed me and said he would send me the adapter, no problem. I like the volume knob as I can adjust how much I can push it before the glass starts rattling to hell
Here's a little video of me experiment with some LED's. I really like the fuel gage colors.
» YouTube video

Are most of these bulbs you replaced standard 44's and are there some 555's in here as well? Also what other bulbs did you replace as my Metallica should be here early this week and I ordered a bunch of LED's and have some others ready for it, but wanted to make sure I had everything covered. Thanks for the video as that really looks awesome. I'll try to mimic yours as best as I can. Thanks.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Grats cleland! Game looks sweet! Wish I could bribe you with some beer and was just a tad bit closer

#141 6 years ago

Some other LED shots of my game - with mirrors fitted an hour ago as well.

I have a shaker installed and I reckon it shakes more in the newer code - I COULD be wrong?

IMG_1303.jpg IMG_1307.jpg IMG_1320.jpg IMG_1321.jpg

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Some other LED shots of my game - with mirrors fitted an hour ago as well.
I have a shaker installed and I reckon it shakes more in the newer code - I COULD be wrong?

Nice job! Looks great!

#143 6 years ago

Observations=

Its FAST. Strong slings and the snake and scoop rip it back. Ball control? HA HA HA..

The art is just wicked. Over the entire machine. Donne went over every inch.

Nice new call outs with 1.06

It really has the look of a Williams.

Lane lights the Mystery scoop. Change song award might be nice.

FUEL Stackable with multiballs. Seems best way to run it.

JUKEBOX Radio with both flippers out of the box! Lyman is the man.

I can not wait to play this.

#144 6 years ago

AV8 - the other FAST rip back is from the right side PICK stand ups back to the flippers
Most of your other observations are accurate.

Two things ( there has to be SOME not so good stuff right ! )

1 - NEEDS A SUB desperately as it is like listening to METAL music on a one speaker transistor radio ( well not that bad but Metal NEEDS some great bottom end )

2 - The Sparky call out 'can I shock you too' - sounds AWFULLY like Shaggy from Scooby Do , and in a game with decent audio , so far ranks as the number 1 cringeworthy piece of audio in the game

#145 6 years ago

Finally got some play on it and had an absolute blast. I love the artwork, the music sounds good I can see it sounding great with FF speakers installed. Gameplay is fun and challenging. You all are getting one hell of a pin you lucky dogs!!

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

2 - The Sparky call out 'can I shock you too' - sounds AWFULLY like Shaggy from Scooby Do , and in a game with decent audio , so far ranks as the number 1 cringeworthy piece of audio in the game

haha that's what I thought too when I heard it on the video

Ordered my Pro last week, cant wait!

#147 6 years ago

1.06 gameplay:

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

And "Raise the power"... Sounds like some Evangelical call out in Sunday Mass....

#149 6 years ago

I had the Atlanta Pinball League over tonight, and we had an absolute blast with Metallica. I'm LMAO at the other thread where they say MET has no flow...I bet they said the same thing about IM. The ramps got quite a workout. The Snake shot is really tight, possibly due to the pick target to the right of it - so there wasn't a lot of Snake MB. The best score for the night was 109M.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

1.06 gameplay:
» YouTube video

niiice
Thanks for posting!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
There are 17180 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside