IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#280 1 year ago

Not going to lie, I am really interested in seeing GTF. My wife really likes playing LOV and has mentioned more than once that we should get one. That is a pretty rare feat for her.

#738 1 year ago

Its got a freaking cow sculpt...damnit I am in! (Someday)

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Unlimited mileage.
[quoted image]

I want to see you go rent that truck from HD, drive to where a game is, load game, drive to destination, unload game, then drive back to HD in 75 minutes or less...GO!

#1508 1 year ago

Maybe it is a magnet to hold the metal flap in place!

#2214 1 year ago

This is easily going to be AP's best selling game...now we see how they are able to handle the big orders. They supposedly have the ability for multiple lines to be set up...will they fully leverage them?

#2274 1 year ago

Almost got to see the game footage in there?

#2299 1 year ago

So is this the game Antoinette decided against being a part of?

#3096 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Have y’all lost your minds, and your ability to appreciate a silly fun game?
eVeRy pInBaLl mAChiNe mUsT bE UltRa sErIoUs!!!!!111
Y’all clamor and fetishize 80s and 90s Bally Williams, so let me count the ways this machine is EXACTLY that.
#1 Designer: Dennis Nordman. A staple designer during the “golden era” of pinball.
#2 original theme (other Norman original themes: Dr. Dude, Party Zone, Whitewater, all 3 Elvira Games, Big Juicy Melons, etc.)
#3 campy humor (see above)
I swear to christ in heaven, if American Pinball put out Whitewater today, pinside would have the same reaction:
“… tHe tHeMe is…. RAFTINGGGG?? wHaT tHe hELL??? RIP aMeRiCaN pInBaLl!!”
“wHat’S wItH tHat cHeAp pLaStiC wAtErfALL tOpPer???”
“sPeAkiNg oF cHeAp PlaStiC, lOok aT ALL tHe jUnk On tHe pLaFiEld LLOOLLLLL”
No. Pinball hasn’t gotten worse. YOU have.

My man is bringing the FIRE today!

200w.gif200w.gif
#3109 1 year ago

Showed the video to my wife last night, and she thought the cheese was flipping fantastic and declared she wanted one. Maybe down the road I will consider the bare bones version...we will see.

#3120 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Why is no one from AP putting up a gameplay video or one of the locations that has this game there already?

I am not sure the game is ready for gameplay...that is why the video is so chopped up. That center popup ballsave thing looked like a coarsely printed 3D printed PLA piece with an ill fitting sticker ton top...like a placeholder. Several locations were to have this game on the floor yesterday and they were all cancelled.

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

They will have them on the floor at the Texas show so they are definitely ready to be played

Remains to be seen though....they were to have them in various locations yesterday and canceled them all.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

The REAL travesty is that Hilton is not in this thread, defending every one of APs moves and declaring it all part of a 5D chess masterplan. One that we, per usual, are plain too dumb to understand.
The magical days of this forum, I miss them more than fair pricing

He is still here...he was being his usual contrarian self downvoting posts the other day.

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't know how ice is coming up with that analogy. Other than being music pins, those games couldn't be more different from each other. I guess the prems both have upper playfields too. Foo Fighters "has no toys" but Aerosmith has a huge and super cool toy front and center. Foo is a flow machine and I would not call Aerosmith flow heavy by any means.

Considering he thinks GTF is a "flow machine", we can pretty much write off any other opinions at this point. GTF looks like a lot of fun, and I am excited to play it. But a flow machine, it is not. GTF has more stop and go than a city bus route from what I have seen. And that is okay, too.

#4613 1 year ago

Jack just said he is streaming the game very very very very very soon, just not tonight. Might have missed a "very".

#4619 1 year ago

Monkeygate seems like a decade ago now.

#4803 1 year ago

Definitely an AI chatbot....has to be.

#4957 1 year ago

Jack Danger was saying on his stream last night that he will stream this after MGC.

#5131 1 year ago

Ferret is on the stream explaining the rules!

#5145 1 year ago

This is a game you are going to have to adjust to playing, as you can see on the stream. Once they dialed in their reflexes, the shots are being made. You will have to play this like BKSOR and not drill the tank straight on. I also like the animation work...blows away AP's previous efforts.

#5231 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

8 people other than me were watching on youtube.

I was one of the Youtube people...I had that going on my TV since the YT interface is easier to use on the TV. Then I had twitch app going on my phone for the chat functionality. I did not think the frame rate was an issue on either device, as one user was pointing out.

The one thing about streams is it is very hard to show the physical depth of the playfield features from a straight above camera. The camera was perfectly over the top of the game, so the center ball save was not visibly operating to the people at home...but it was definitely operating. You could see a ball get trapped between the ball save popup and the flipper every once in a while during multiball.

This game is going to feel much different in person when you actually get to play it versus what you saw on the stream. Whatever your opinion is on the game now, I think you really need to play one before cementing your opinion either way. I thought BKSOR pro was a barren pile of money grab for both stern and operators (quick ball times) when I first saw it virtually, and now it is one of my favorite games to play in the wild when I come across one.

#5295 1 year ago

If Fix is claiming 2000 games sold when it is really 400, then his claim of 20-30 games built a week is more like 4 to 5 games a week. How long did 300 LOV's take? A year-plus?

#5605 1 year ago

I went from seriously considering buying this game to just maybe throwing a couple bucks in it if I see one on location. I wanted to stick up for AP's launch originally and just chock it up to them doing things differently. But it is really starting to look like this company is run by a disorganized mess of unharnessed egos and no clear vision or business sense in any way. I feel bad for Bowden here again, because I really like the guy. But the incredibly unprofessional hot mic, a publicly unhunged artist, an MIA designer, allowing Ryan to speak with no filter repeatedly, a rumored nasty kerfuffle with one of the proposed personalities on the LCD, a low quality 3d printer farm (I see better sculpts on some homebrews) and error riddled marketing materials make me really question if AP is going to be a viable pinball operation for much longer.

How do you allow your first official stream to happen after random location streamers? How do you show up absolutely unprepared for your major stream debut with the best streamer in the business? Where is Nordman? Why would he not want to share his vision while having a large worldwide audience? I hate to say it, but that stream last night made the folks at AP look like a bunch amateurs at best. Who is in charge over there? Anyone?

I love campy. I love cheese. But those two things alone do not cloud my vison enough to ignore what a mess of a launch this game has been and how poorly it reflects on AP as a manufacturer going forward.

2 weeks later
#6357 1 year ago

While not a highly desired game, Mousin' Around is more similar in target bank placement to GTF than AFM. I didn't feel that game was necessarily too brutal...you just need to beware and not smack the targets straight on.

1 week later
#6448 11 months ago

The center targets on the tank were visibly bent on the CT show games by Saturday morning. I was going to play one and it was stuck on a ball 3 multiball just draining and recycling the ball repeatedly. There was someone in front of me trying to let it finish the game someone walked away from at ball 2.

#6549 11 months ago

After seeing the game in person, the closeness of the tank targets is really overblown IMO. Once they get the reliability dialed in and implement the tank target fix, this game will be just fine.

1 week later
#6664 11 months ago

Annnnd thats enough of that guy. I don't get some of the folks on here that seem to be chronically bitching about anything and everything all day on this site. Get another hobby or something?

1 week later
#6726 10 months ago

Was AP not aware that Nitro is persona non grata at the show? Seems odd to send them games to have at the show when they are not allowed to be at the show.

#6767 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You know what...maybe the real point here is- why did they even say that? It was just a silly thing to do. Its such an absurd statement that a number of people have focused on that particular part of the article and are now arguing over it lol. Why is AP like this? They are their own worst enemy. I just sincerely want AP to be a pinball company to be taken seriously, and they make it so hard (at least for me)

Does anybody believe anything out of Fix's mouth at this point? He seems like he is the president of a bullshitters club and gets high sniffing his own farts all day long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.