IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 145.
#6651 9 months ago

Great video. This game really needed something like that.

I like videos like this way more than typical game play reveals. 10-15 minutes of edited footage setting up the game story, explaining the basics of play, and showing off some stuff while teasing others.

#6652 9 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Too bad this was not released two months ago. It is a great video and it explains the story line.

There has to be some genius marketing move to all these delays and not just to insult the unwashed Pinsiders…

#6653 9 months ago

That video makes scientology sound more fun.

#6654 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

That video makes scientology sound more fun.

Quick someone 3D print a DC-8 to replace the tank. A little Xenu can stick its head out

#6655 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quick someone 3D print a DC-8 to replace the tank. A little Xenu can stick it's head out

See that's already more fun.

#6656 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quick someone 3D print a DC-8 to replace the tank. A little Xenu can stick its head out

Do we know what Xenu actually looks like?

#6657 9 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Thanks to South Park!

#6658 9 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Yes but first we need to talk about intellectual property, trade secrets, and copyright/trademarks and how it affects licensing and fair use. Also sign this NDA. k.thx.bai.

#6659 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes but first we need to talk about intellectual property, trade secrets, and copyright/trademarks and how it affects licensing and fair use. Also sign this NDA. k.thx.bai.

One of the times I went to their celebrity center in LA, I asked them about South Park. They pulled out a binder of materials to refute various criticisms levied against them and turned to the South Park section.

#6660 9 months ago

Save the cows and the zero gravity ice cream maker. What a joke. Every video they put out just gets worse. No way in hell they sold 2000 units.

#6661 9 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Save the cows and the zero gravity ice cream maker. What a joke. Every video they put out just gets worse. No way in hell they sold 2000 units.

And yet you are hot for a game based on a television show that has a talking dog, go figure.

#6662 9 months ago

Quoted from Swainer80:

And yet you are hot for a game based on a television show that has a talking dog, go figure.

Maybe instead of buying useless figurines of cartoon characters you should be complaining some more about "my flipper whine". Spooky has had enough of this guy and they just ignore him now. With all of the QC issues with SD, I'd stay in my lane. By the way, how many SD's sold so far?

#6663 9 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

By the way, how many SD's sold so far?

264 SD owners to 20 gtf owners. So best estimate would be they've sold in the neighborhood of 10-15x more SD than GTF.

#6664 9 months ago

Annnnd thats enough of that guy. I don't get some of the folks on here that seem to be chronically bitching about anything and everything all day on this site. Get another hobby or something?

#6665 9 months ago

Just waiting on my SE to show up...

#6666 9 months ago

I guess it takes me again to tell this guy to STFU and GTFO and he’ll be gone for another two weeks. Like a bad dog, you have to swat them on the nose every once in a while so that they know their place. Bye-bye.

#6667 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

264 SD owners to 20 gtf owners. So best estimate would be they've sold in the neighborhood of 10-15x more SD than GTF.

How does one know/ find out how many have sold? And, I find it hard to believe only 20 GTF pins have been sold.

#6668 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

*Pushes up glasses*

This is bad math. 10x 20 GTF = 2000 Scooby Doo, which is more than they're even selling. Seems like Scooby has sold around 1,400 thus far based on the community spreadsheet.

#6669 9 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

How does one know/ find out how many have sold? And, I find it hard to believe only 20 GTF pins have been sold.

Companies keep that secret, so it is a best guess. Some people like to use the pinside database stats that show how many people have them in their collection along with how many on location. This is not super accurate, but the best available data that I know of. Obviously most people don't keep their pinside collections up to date and some people don't like to list a game in their collection if it is on pre-order and they have not received the game yet. All sorts of factors make these numbers inaccurate, but that doesn't mean that a decent look at the stats can't give a ballpark number.

So the best guess would be based on games we know for sure the numbers produced. Despite games being limited, that doesn't mean the company is making anywhere near the limit. Some games you know for sure have sold out. Foo Fighters LE and Pulp Fiction LE we know for sure sold out and there are 1000 of each. If you look in the Pinside database Pulp Fiction LE has 87 listed in peoples collections. These haven't started production yet so basically 8.7% of the people who bought LEs reported them here. So PF LE is a good baseline for the low boundary. For Foo Fighters LE there are a total of 264 listed between peoples collections and on location. Those have in theory all been made or shipped so the 26.4% of the total reported in the database is not a surprise. FF LE is a good baseline for the high boundary. GTF LE shows 13 and DE show 14 for a total of 27 GTF reported in the Pinside database. So based on the idea of somewhere between 8.7 and 26.4% of GTFs purchased being reported in the pinside database that would put the total sales between 100-310. While this is just a guess and there is a huge difference between 100 and 310, I would bet money that the number is somewhere in that range. And just to circle back, Scooby Doo has a total of 290 of all models reported in the database, so the 1400 referenced above is right in the middle of that range of percentages...

#6670 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

*Pushes up glasses*
This is bad math. 10x 20 GTF = 2000 Scooby Doo, which is more than they're even selling. Seems like Scooby has sold around 1,400 thus far based on the community spreadsheet.

Wait you're kidding right? I can't even tell anymore.

I don't know how many have sold, but you can look at games you know the production numbers of (stern LEs, etc) and look at pinside owners and realize that typically 25-50% of the games are accounted for there. So they've -made- 500-1000 Scooby's so far, pretty sure. Probably closer to 500.

#6671 9 months ago

Unless we're talking about dairyvatives, I don't joke about math

#6672 9 months ago

I grew up in Wisconsin and know some dairy farmers that would find that Cowabunga dance downright sexy.

sxcw (resized).jpgsxcw (resized).jpg
#6673 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is bad math. 10x 20 GTF = 2000 Scooby Doo

Indeed it is.

#6674 9 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Indeed it is.

Confidential incorrect to keep people on their toes

#6675 9 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I guess it takes me again to tell this guy to STFU and GTFO and he’ll be gone for another two weeks. Like a bad dog, you have to swat them on the nose every once in a while so that they know their place. Bye-bye.

Oh wow man you really told him. Doubt

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Confidential incorrect to keep people on their toes

You are knocking it out of the park, I am confidential about that.

#6676 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Oh wow man you really told him. Doubt

You are so clever. Won’t miss either of you.

#6677 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I grew up in Wisconsin and know some dairy farmers that would find that Cowabunga dance downright sexy.[quoted image]

Wouldn’t mind seeing her dairy-ere.

#6678 9 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Wouldn’t mind seeing her dairy-ere.

Udderly hottt!

#6679 9 months ago

#6680 9 months ago

"Cowabunghole!" was all he needed to hear. LE on order.

COWABUNGHOLE (resized).jpgCOWABUNGHOLE (resized).jpg
#6681 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

"Cowabunghole!" was all he needed to hear. LE on order.
[quoted image]

That looks like Levi about to do a game critique…

#6682 9 months ago

Since Ive been quoted I wont edit, but Plotnicks great grandfather also served in the rear guard.

COWABUNGHOLE 2 (resized).jpgCOWABUNGHOLE 2 (resized).jpg

#6683 9 months ago

How many people does it take to stop a tank in its tracks?

#6684 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How many people does it take to stop a tank in its tracks?

One. A marketing director.

#6685 9 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

One. A marketing director.

haha. I like it. Question answered!

#6686 9 months ago

After really enjoying the game briefly at Pinfest, I just watched the Deadflip stream and decided that GTF really ought to be in my future...

...but I'm in the middle of relocating, so this isn't going to be the year for me.

Quick questions: How does American Pinball work with "Last Calls?" Do they announce when a title is permanently leaving production/is closing to future orders? And about how long do production runs for a game generally stay open with AP?

#6687 9 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Quick questions: How does American Pinball work with "Last Calls?" Do they announce when a title is permanently leaving production/is closing to future orders? And about how long do production runs for a game generally stay open with AP?

AP still makes small run of all their games so far. Maybe one day the Hot Wheel licensing will expire but the other 4 games are non licensed so making future runs will not be a problem.

#6688 9 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

AP still makes small run of all their games so far. Maybe one day the Hot Wheel licensing will expire but the other 4 games are non licensed so making future runs will not be a problem.

Yeah, supposedly they were doing a final run of Houdini and OKT in their original format (unique head design, etc.) but who knows if that's really true or not anymore. If they have cabinets left in stock I'm sure they'd build it again.

#6689 9 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

As I believe has been mentioned before: something changed with the production parts that were received. I've had a whitewood GTF since August, with who knows how many hundreds or thousands of plays in that time, and my tank targets are nice and straight. Same is true with other test machines in the American Pinball factory. It is not clear what is different with the targets that were received for production games, but that is exactly what the production team is trying to figure out, to hopefully avoid a repeat of the problem.

Most likely your game has the 5-bank targets that have switches that are bolted on to the bracket whereas the pre-production /production games have the riveted on switches to the retaining bracket. The rivet version games has less mass and less stiffness compared to the bolted on targets so they bend back.

REV1 (resized).jpegREV1 (resized).jpegREV2 (resized).jpegREV2 (resized).jpeg

#6690 9 months ago

One of my friends sent me this picture of the target bracket that AP is currently testing to reinforce the 5-bank targets.

GTFTESTBRKT1 (resized).jpegGTFTESTBRKT1 (resized).jpeg
#6691 9 months ago

You guys had better brace yourselves, just in case AP can't come up with a viable solution.

straighten crooked teeth w braces (resized).pngstraighten crooked teeth w braces (resized).png
#6692 9 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

One of my friends sent me this picture of the target bracket that AP is currently testing to reinforce the 5-bank targets.
[quoted image]

Looks like an easy add-on at least if it works.

#6693 9 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

[quoted image]

disappointed they aren't changing the base bracket. But the gusseted bends are exactly what I pointed out as missing in the original

They should make the bracket itself with that bend design and replace all of our assemblies. I mean it's what... a few dozen games tops. Just make this right and make it a swappable assembly. Put the switches on a molex connector and replace our whole assembly.

#6694 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

disappointed they aren't changing the base bracket. But the gusseted bends are exactly what I pointed out as missing in the original
They should make the bracket itself with that bend design and replace all of our assemblies. I mean it's what... a few dozen games tops. Just make this right and make it a swappable assembly. Put the switches on a molex connector and replace our whole assembly.

They should have extended those tabs down on the new support bracket and put a grub screw in so that each target could be adjusted individually if required.

#6695 9 months ago

Does anyone have a close up of the rules card? I've seen their video on the basics of the rules but it didn't cover a few things and I'd like to see if the card does.

#6696 9 months ago
Quoted from ian866:

They should have extended those tabs down on the new support bracket and put a grub screw in so that each target could be adjusted individually if required.

I agree. Here is a picture of it installed on the older 5-bank setup.

REV1WITHNEWBRKT (resized).jpegREV1WITHNEWBRKT (resized).jpeg
#6697 9 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I agree. Here is a picture of it installed on the older 5-bank setup.[quoted image]

Looks pretty beefy.

#6698 9 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I agree. Here is a picture of it installed on the older 5-bank setup.[quoted image]

Doesn't seem it would work that well? The targets are connected below that, so the force will be at those bolts and below them based on the rotation? So it may keel the 90 degree bend from bending. Maybe that's enough. But it's not reinforcing the straight part where it needs it.

#6699 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Doesn't seem it would work that well? The targets are connected below that, so the force will be at those bolts and below them based on the rotation? So it may keel the 90 degree bend from bending. Maybe that's enough. But it's not reinforcing the straight part where it needs it.

No, it's prop'ing up the free tab at the bend joint.. where the movement actually is. The bracket won't bend where the switches mount, it bends at the existing bend that has no support around it.

The 'straight part' already has a lot of contact support from the contact interface of the switch itself. That force is distributed over a large area. The weak point is where that whole piece is attached... the thin bend joint.

#6700 9 months ago

Courtesy of Knapp Arcade:

The gentlemen over at Pinball News and Pinball Magazine interviewed American Pinball's David Fix in the latest episode of their monthly PINcast that was released earlier today (this was their 63rd consecutive monthly episode BTW - very impressive).

American Pinball (AP) has found a solution to the bending center tank targets on Galactic Tank Force (GTF). The Company signed off on a 500 unit run of all three pieces of a bracket designed to strengthen the targets a week ago. As soon as they are received at American Pinball from the manufacturer, AP will send them out to its customers.

The issues with the Galactic Tank Force ball locks during the game's first official stream and at one of the recent pinball shows in Milwaukee were caused by the wrong balls being installed in certain machines, causing the balls to become magnetized. American Pinball normally uses STR carbon pinballs in its games, but a mix-up at the factory led to non-carbon balls being installed in certain units. This issue has now been resolved.

David Fix went on to state that Galactic Tank Forces on location are "earning on par or a little bit better than Foo Fighters at quite a few different locations." He referenced specific locations like Enterrium in Chicago (where the game earned 938 $1 swipes on the game during the month), Pocketeer in Buffalo and several locations in California.

American Pinball's recent run of Octoberfest machines is now done. Both of the Company's assembly lines are now solely running Galactic Tank Force. Customers who order the game today should get their game in two to three months. The 200 Signature Edition games have not started production yet, but once the key parts are in that run will begin.

American Pinball still plans to build a Classic version of Galactic Tank Force. Gameplay of the Classic version of GTF will be the same, but some elements of the bill of materials will be lowered.

Nitro Pinball is bringing a number of Galactic Tank Force machines to this weekend's Northwest Pinball and Arcade show that we have been discussing all day. AP shipped them four Deluxe and two Limited GTF machines to them for the show.

American Pinball currently has some units of Hot Wheels, Legends of Valhalla and Oktoberfest in stock. Later on this year after the Galactic Tank Force Signature Edition run is done AP plans to manufacture Houdini again. American Pinball stated that it currently has over 200 orders for Houdini that need to get filled. The Company has extended its license for Hot Wheels with Mattel.

Pinball Magazine & Pinball News PINcast May 2023 recap

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.