pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 147.
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You don't have to request them to not ship the treads, just don't spend the extra 1-2 grand on the LE, as I suspect the tank cabinet is 90% of the "LE" extras.

But I want the motorized cabinet head that will go up and down and a turret that will rotate and fire in the *vertical position* for some reason.
Also, I'm rethinking the tank tread sides for guests that want to sleep it off under my machines. Cozy!

#1253 1 year ago

Waiting and watching.......

#1254 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

LCD setup looks good.
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

I just wish the gal's right leg didn't look like a wobbly hotdog....

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Looks fantastic!
I just wish the gal's right leg didn't look like a wobbly hotdog....

Now we have Ice Cream AND Hot Dogs - Americana at it's fineist!!

#1256 1 year ago

The artwork and playfield look really good on this! Seriously impressive!

I usually am for a licensed theme, but after seeing the freedom and creativity that an unlicensed theme like this allows the designers, I totally get it.

Timing on AP’s part is off though and if the release would have been a month or so earlier they would’ve crushed sales.
If it’s available soon, I still think they’ll suck up some of the competition’s business. Besides, who wants to wait until 2024-2025 for a PF?

Nice job on this pin AP!

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Now we have Ice Cream AND Hot Dogs - Americana at it's fineist!!

F ing funny. Well played Sir.

#1258 1 year ago

WODKA where did you get that picture showing the piano hinge? Would like to look at more like that if I could.

Has anyone ever seen a piano hinge (continuous hinge) on a backbox before? If so what game?

Something is odd about that. Makes me think there is some secret like the deeproot lifting playfield glass. Looking at some pictures of the side rails near the flipper buttons they don't look like they are flush up against the cabinet art. Almost like they are meant to be liftable or something.

#1259 1 year ago

Piano hinge will make for a very tough game to transport for many of us. My hatchback just barely has the headroom for a WPC/Stern. If you don't know why the hinge makes a difference, think about which part of the cabinet the head typically rests on.

Not to mention the turret, but I assume that's easily removable.

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Piano hinge will make for a very tough game to transport for many of us. My hatchback just barely has the headroom for a WPC/Stern. If you don't know why the hinge makes a difference, think about which part of the cabinet the head typically rests on.
Not to mention the turret, but I assume that's easily removable.

That is a good point you bring up. Having the head farther back may pose an issue with clearance with tighter spots than a traditional pivoting hinge. However, it appears the head on the GTF is tapered more than your average pin. So maybe the took that in consideration and tried to follow the same overall footprint.

#1261 1 year ago

I thought I would finally check in here, been immersed in all the other new release threads.

I have one question, and I am being serious. Is that tank for real or is it some kind of joke?

#1262 1 year ago

Oh it’s real.

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

That is a good point you bring up. Having the head farther back may pose an issue with clearance with tighter spots than a traditional pivoting hinge. However, it appears the head on the GTF is tapered more than your average pin. So maybe the took that in consideration and tried to follow the same overall footprint.

GTB System 3s and Willams System 11s both used piano type hinges but not full length like that.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

GTB System 3s and Willams System 11s both used piano type hinges but not full length like that.

Quoted from Scoot:

The bottom of the head does look narrower than a standard bally/williams head.

The turret, however, looks like it may be bolted on.

2023-03-15_11-51-44 (resized).png2023-03-15_11-51-44 (resized).png
#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I thought I would finally check in here, been immersed in all the other new release threads.
I have one question, and I am being serious. Is that tank for real or is it some kind of joke?

Dennis has had this tank design in his head for many years.

He approached Spooky Pinball years ago about doing something. I remember seeing a prototype cabinet there years ago wondering WFT is that!

Minus the tracks and other LE stuff, the game looks interesting.

#1266 1 year ago

The limited version with the tank stuff is not for people with any kind of space concerns. Got a collection with games all side by side? Narrow doorways? Smaller vehicle? Don't buy it.

Honestly I dunno who it's for. I know Dennis thinks it's the funniest idea ever, but it's the least interesting thing about the game. Novelty game collectors maybe.

Luckily the normal version without it exists, and for less money.

#1267 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Oh it’s real… and it’s SPECTACULAR!

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The limited version with the tank stuff is not for people with any kind of space concerns. Got a collection with games all side by side? Narrow doorways? Smaller vehicle? Don't buy it.
Honestly I dunno who it's for. I know Dennis thinks it's the funniest idea ever, but it's the least interesting thing about the game. Novelty game collectors maybe.

Yes but does it roll and actually shoot? No? Insiders in this thread please chime in.

Christ on a cracker. I’m having fun in this thread. Worth the price of admission.

#1269 1 year ago

we had this in our pole barn arcade while dennis nordman and paul reno worked on it..no one knew it was another pinball machine for 2 months as we did not flip the top for people to see the playfield.we kept it in line on the end of first row coming in..it always drew a crowd wondering were we got as it looks like part of our display of weird stuff..im thinkin thats part of the point of this to have a pinball machine that will be more than just another game in line..looked fantastic in our place,easy to flip open and close..more than a few veterans of pinside saw this game and gave dennis and paul imput on this.happy to see them finish this project and wish both paul and dennis congrats..i would not order till i played any new game from anybody..

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from belairjoe:I would not order till i played any new game from anybody..

Wise words but not the ones wanting to hear from someone who had physical possession for 2 months…

#1271 1 year ago

I have a feeling if they only sell 50-100 LEs they won't be too upset about it. It's cool to see something new and refreshing. glad they're giving the 2.7% of people who have the perfect spot for that.

The rest of you guys can probably lay off the "I WOULDN'T BUY THAT". the deed is done and no one is trying to force you into it buying it

The hinge thing is weird. Maybe its completely different on the SE. But they probably aren't too woried about folded dimensions, since they are selling it in a box on a palate. loading the used game into a car is more a problem for the secondary market. Maybe it will influence some peoples NIB purchase but probably not many

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Wise words but not the ones wanting to hear from someone who had physical possession for 2 months…

we had it more than 2 months..we did not flip the top the first 2 months

#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The limited version with the tank stuff is not for people with any kind of space concerns. [...] Smaller vehicle? Don't buy it.

Even the regular version most likely won't fit in my vehicle. I have less than an inch of clearance above a typical modern game. Strange Science (piano hinge) wouldn't fit. This looks like it won't either.

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Even the regular version most likely won't fit in my vehicle. I have less than an inch of clearance above a typical modern game. Strange Science wouldn't fit. This looks like it won't either.

Cool story!

#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Even the regular version most likely won't fit in my vehicle. I have less than an inch of clearance above a typical modern game. Strange Science (piano hinge) wouldn't fit. This looks like it won't either.

Sounds like you'll have to borrow a pickup to move this one! Hard for me to sympathize though, my Subaru Outback rear hatch is 1/2" too short to take a modern game with the head on. Whoops.

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

You keep a Sinbad back there 24/7/365 so it really doesn't matter...

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It is for me, I would love to own the "Tank" version.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds like you'll have to borrow a pickup to move this one!

Yeah, I got a guy. Unless this plays radically different from every AP game to date I won't be in the market anyway. Just puttin' it out there for those of us still rocking a Honda Fit in a F-150 world.

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I have a feeling if they only sell 50-100 LEs they won't be too upset about it. It's cool to see something new and refreshing. glad they're giving the 2.7% of people who have the perfect spot for that.
The rest of you guys can probably lay off the "I WOULDN'T BUY THAT". the deed is done and no one is trying to force you into it buying it
The hinge thing is weird. Maybe its completely different on the SE. But they probably aren't too woried about folded dimensions, since they are selling it in a box on a palate. loading the used game into a car is more a problem for the secondary market. Maybe it will influence some peoples NIB purchase but probably not many

I want to say, like many do regarding mods, etc. If you can afford a 10k pinball machine what's another 5k to buy a trailer to haul it

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, I got a guy. Unless this plays radically different from every AP game to date I won't be in the market anyway. Just puttin' it out there for those of us still rocking a Honda Fit in a F-150 world.

It does play radically different than all prior AP releases.

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:Even the regular version most likely won't fit in my vehicle. I have less than an inch of clearance above a typical modern game. Strange Science (piano hinge) wouldn't fit. This looks like it won't either.

Rent a truck for $20.

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

It does play radically different than all prior AP releases.

I don't know why it wouldn't - completely different playfield designer who's known to do some unconventional stuff.

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

*plus mileage.

Unlimited mileage.

Screenshot_20230315_102654_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230315_102654_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1285 1 year ago

Does anyone know how much it is to rent one of these incase I decide to buy the Limited Deluxe version?

2023-03-15_13-29-22 (resized).png2023-03-15_13-29-22 (resized).png
#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Does anyone know how much it is to rent one of these incase I decide to buy the Limited Deluxe version?[quoted image]

you should have ordered the general george patton edtion

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

you should have ordered the general george patton edtion

I am hoping to order the 1 of 1 Douglas MacArthur edition.

"There is no security on this earth. Only opportunity."

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Unlimited mileage.
[quoted image]

I want to see you go rent that truck from HD, drive to where a game is, load game, drive to destination, unload game, then drive back to HD in 75 minutes or less...GO!

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

we had it more than 2 months..we did not flip the top the first 2 months

Irrelevant detail but seriously thank you for sharing your opinion.

#1290 1 year ago

Rent a Pacifica from Enterprise. $45.00 +tax per day -unlimited miles (...if you are having your vehicle serviced at a local dealership. {They don't verify})

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I want to see you go rent that truck from HD, drive to where a game is, load game, drive to destination, unload game, then drive back to HD in 75 minutes or less...GO!

I dont need to, I already own a truck. Also, spend another 5 bucks for a few hours. Done.

#1292 1 year ago

So this is the first generation of electric tanks?

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I have a feeling if they only sell 50-100 LEs they won't be too upset about it.

The tank with all of its accoutrements, could turn out to be a surprise SLE version at the show. Maybe limit those to 75 or so and then have the usual run of 500 or 600 LE's, then the standards.

That might explain why we're waiting on information and they are last to show.

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The tank with all of its accoutrements, could turn out to be a surprise SLE version at the show. Maybe limit those to 75 or so and then have the usual run of 500 or 600 LE's, then the standards.
That might explain why we're waiting on information and they are last to show.

That's my hope. A full version without Full Tank sides.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

it's the least interesting thing about the game.

I hope so, because if it (the tank cabinet) ends up being the most interesting thing about the game, then they have a huge issue

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yep, as someone who's basement takes a lot of no-room-to-spare maneuvering to get pins in and out and has sections where backboxes have 1/2" room between them, I had the same thought about 2 seconds after seeing the first images. It would be helpful if not crucial that AP provides measurements on their site when they're ready to start accepting pre-orders.

#1298 1 year ago

Stuck in traffic behind the American Pinball delivery guy.

9D234A1B-6478-44A6-9101-5917025878EC (resized).jpeg9D234A1B-6478-44A6-9101-5917025878EC (resized).jpeg
#1299 1 year ago

WHERE is the gameplay video I want it NOW

#1300 1 year ago

Practically speaking, a motorised head/backbox is just going to cause extra problems long term so probably a good thing they aren't doing that and yes it would just be a silly cabinet gimmick, not the actual game. But come on guys - if they did show a video of the machine literally transforming itself from a tank into a pinball - I think my inner-child would be doing somersaults.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.