1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 112.
#1651 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Also, any way to easily cut and paste files out of one game ROM, say, Metallica, into another like ACDC? Would be fun to intermingle callouts from different games.

I believe you would have to export them and then import them into the other rom? havent tried that yet.

1 week later
#1652 9 years ago

Will it ever be possible to open two "BIN's/Windows" at the same time?

The reason I ask is it would be nice to be able to see what another person has done with their sound call outs compared to what I have done, and combine the two.

#1653 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Will it ever be possible to open two "BIN's/Windows" at the same time?
The reason I ask is it would be nice to be able to see what another person has done with their sound call outs compared to what I have done, and combine the two.

Just open a second incidence of the program and put them side by side.
Here I have Star Trek open on one and Walking Dead on the other.

pbrowser.jpgpbrowser.jpg

#1654 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

So the ACDC sound files play fine...but alot of the IM voice files are clipped off. Anyone know why they won't play the whole file?

has to be the same exact amount of time as the original sound otherwise it will cut it off at the point where the original sound ended i believe.

If the 2 sounds are "close" to the same length, you can always mess around with changing the tempo in audacity to match the length

#1655 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Just open a second incidence of the program and put them side by side.
Here I have Star Trek open on one and Walking Dead on the other.
pbrowser.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Brilliant! Thanks, I didn't even think of that.

#1656 9 years ago

Also, any way to easily cut and paste files out of one game ROM, say, Metallica, into another like ACDC? Would be fun to intermingle callouts from different games.

Batman sounds in X-Men? Avengers in Batman?

Mass hysteria!

#1657 9 years ago

Two ideas that would make working with the sounds easier:

1 - Would be great to be able to turn on a mode where the hex number of sound requests being played was shown on the DMD when they are called

2 - The Stern games are storing whether a particular sound script is a voice clip, or if the clip is music. This data gets used when you go into game-specific settings and can turn up or down the volume of speech independently of music (SFX too sometimes). It would be nice to be able to filter these so we can focus on speech clips or music clips, etc.

#1658 9 years ago

V4.38 does not work with the new STLE1.6 code.
The Highscore table is garbage on load.

#1659 9 years ago

Is there a "how to" primer for this thing?

#1660 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

V4.38 does not work with the new STLE1.6 code.
The Highscore table is garbage on load.

Fixed in v4.40

#1661 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Fixed in v4.40

Is there a "how to" primer for this thing?

#1662 9 years ago

That was fast.

#1663 9 years ago

FYI - For those interested, I'll be doing some how to videos for smartDMD in the next few weeks.

#1664 9 years ago

During the firmware analysis, Pinball Browser was finding a 'false positive' location for the high scores.
This was an easy fix. I wish it was always like this

#1665 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

During the firmware analysis, Pinball Browser was finding a 'false positive' location for the high scores.
This was an easy fix. I wish it was always like this

Don't be modest

#1666 9 years ago

Ran V4.40 against STLE 1.61 tonight... Had a macro I hand edited for my simple settings.
When I ran the macro; it didn't "update" the highscore table - however, saving and re-opening the saved firmware showed it correct.

My macro:
-- Pinball-Browser Macro for STAR TREK LE v1.61
CheckVersion,"STAR TREK LE",0x161
Adjustment,0x22,0,1,0,1,1
Adjustment,0x1F,0,5,1,10,1
Adjustment,0x70,0,18,8,64,1
Adjustment,0x31,0,78147470,1000000,1000000000,1000000
HighScore,0x1,0,ZIT,Zitt,
Adjustment,0x32,0,74687470,1000000,1000000000,1000000
HighScore,0x2,0,ZIT,Zitt,
Adjustment,0x33,0,68017060,1000000,1000000000,1000000
HighScore,0x3,0,ZIT,Zitt,
Adjustment,0x34,0,57776080,1000000,1000000000,1000000
HighScore,0x4,0,ZIT,Zitt,
Adjustment,0x50,0,31,1,1500,1
HighScore,0x6,0,ZIT,Zitt,
Adjustment,0x2,0,1,2,2,1
Adjustment,0x35,0,55000001,1000000,1000000000,1000000
HighScore,0x5,0,LON,ROPP,

#1667 9 years ago

Any of you made a file with alternative music for ACDC premium that I could download?
I have been looking tat this program but I don't think I can do it myself.

#1668 8 years ago

Anyone know if the cues in the latest Star Trek code are the same as before? I have the movie soundtrack loaded in on the last-version code, and am hesitant to update and lose all of my work.

#1669 8 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Anyone know if the cues in the latest Star Trek code are the same as before? I have the movie soundtrack loaded in on the last-version code, and am hesitant to update and lose all of my work.

It has been reported that the cues are different and will have to be redone for 1.61

#1670 8 years ago

I love all of these involved hacks that people are doing, but I have an easy one: Can I change the custom message (the one in the menus that's called "CUSTOM MESSAGE") in the ROM image so that I don't have to sit there and do the three button dance for 10 minutes to do it on the machine?

I'm working with the 1.61 firmware on a Star Trek Pro.

Thanks,

Brad

#1671 8 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

It was pretty simple to migrate. A single sound request was inserted so somewhere around sound request 36 it becomes 37 and everything moves up one after that. Very easy to tell if you look at the track length per request.

#1672 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It was pretty simple to migrate. A single sound request was inserted so somewhere around sound request 36 it becomes 37 and everything moves up one after that. Very easy to tell if you look at the track length per request.

If you have saved your macros, you can adjust them when a new firmware is released by adding "ShifId" lines.
The syntax is as follow :

ShiftId,[Type],[OldId],[NewId]
where :
- [Type]=0 for images, 1 for sounds scripts
- [OldId] is the first object to be shifted (all the following ones will also be shifted until a new ShiftId tells otherwise)
- [NewId] is the corresponding new id. The keyword "ignored" can also be used to tell that the specified object (and the following ones until a new ShiftId tells otherwise) does not exist anymore.

For example, a list of macros designed for AC/DC LE can be adjusted for AC/DC Pro by adding the following lines at the beginning (to keep it simple, this is only for images, some lines would be needed for the sounds) :
ShiftId,0,0x5a1,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x5ab,0x5a1

The first line means that the image 0x5a1 (and the following ones) in the LE does not exist in the Pro
The second line means that all images starting at 0x5ab in the LE are at position 0x5a1 in the Pro

#1673 8 years ago
Quoted from bsnelson:

have an easy one: Can I change the custom message (the one in the menus that's called "CUSTOM MESSAGE") in the ROM image so that I don't have to sit there and do the three button dance for 10 minutes to do it on the machine?

This is easy :
- Go to the "Messages" tab
- Search for "Participate" to locate the message "Participate inlocal tournaments" (this is the default custom message)
- Edit the message

However, there is a carriage return between IN and LOCAL that is not displayed and Pinball Browser is not able to use it when you modify this message. So, for now, your message has to fit on a single line. I'll try to fix this in the next version.

#1674 8 years ago

Thanks! Being a software guy, I'm going to try an experiment. I entered my text (I need three lines) and used "X" where I'd want the line feeds (it's an 0x0A, not a 0x0D) and then I hexedited the file to change the "X"s to LF. Of course, it doesn't pass CRC now, but posts upthread suggest that that's OK as long as I don't verify. I'll have a chance to load it up today or tomorrow and see if it works.

Thanks again for this awesome tool!

Brad

#1675 8 years ago
Quoted from bsnelson:

it doesn't pass CRC now

Could you open it up in Pinball Browser after making the hex edits to have it recalculate and save the checksum?

#1676 8 years ago

No, apparently if the CRC is broken when Pinball Browser opens it, it won't try to fix it. I guess that's a good safety feature, because PB has no idea if you have a genuinely corrupt file or a carefully edited one, and the former would be more likely in most cases.

Brad

#1677 8 years ago
Quoted from bsnelson:

No, apparently if the CRC is broken when Pinball Browser opens it, it won't try to fix it. I guess that's a good safety feature, because PB has no idea if you have a genuinely corrupt file or a carefully edited one, and the former would be more likely in most cases.
Brad

That's it. Pinball Browser can only guess the position of the CRC.
To make sure his guess is correct, Pinball Browser checks that the value is the expected one when it opens the firmware. If not, Pinball Browser assumes that his guess was wrong and, thus, cannot fix the CRC.

#1678 8 years ago
Quoted from bsnelson:

Thanks! Being a software guy, I'm going to try an experiment. I entered my text (I need three lines) and used "X" where I'd want the line feeds (it's an 0x0A, not a 0x0D) and then I hexedited the file to change the "X"s to LF. Of course, it doesn't pass CRC now, but posts upthread suggest that that's OK as long as I don't verify. I'll have a chance to load it up today or tomorrow and see if it works.
Thanks again for this awesome tool!
Brad

Good idea ! I will work.
To make it easy for everyone, Pinball Browser will be able to use carriage returns in the next version.
They will be displayed with pipe characters (|).

To be accurate, you are right, it's LF, not CR.

#1679 8 years ago

Will pinball browser have directions?

#1680 8 years ago

Complete noob here, so pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject- have a Stern Sopranos table I'd like to mod but it's not equipped with the ToPS Tournament system- is this necessary for a serial port connection? Or does a serial port already exist and am I simply unable to locate it?

#1681 8 years ago

hey, curious, has anyone done a remix for the iron an pin? Very keen for one please.

#1682 8 years ago

Does pinball browser have directions? Where are they?

2 weeks later
#1684 8 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Has anyone put a sound package for Batman Dark Knight? I am thinking about doing one myself now... Is there a guide or read me on how to use the tool properly?
Thanks!

Yes! Here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-dark-knight-new-music-and-sound-mod
)

#1685 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is easy :
- Go to the "Messages" tab
- Search for "Participate" to locate the message "Participate inlocal tournaments" (this is the default custom message)
- Edit the message
However, there is a carriage return between IN and LOCAL that is not displayed and Pinball Browser is not able to use it when you modify this message. So, for now, your message has to fit on a single line. I'll try to fix this in the next version.

Done in new version 4.41

#1686 8 years ago

Pinball Browser v4.41 is ready
The number of SmartDmd palettes has been increased from 32 to 255.
The pipe character "|" can be used for "carriage return" in multi-line messages

#1687 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The pipe character "|" can be used for "carriage return" in multi-line messages

But, what if I want to display a "|" character?

Great program. Thanks for all your work!

#1688 8 years ago

Great work, thanks !!

The best just got better

1 week later
#1689 8 years ago

I know it has been discussed that you cant replace a song with a shorter song because you will have dead air. Has anyone done it and maybe have some tips or tricks to fill in the space if lets say the song was about a minute shorter?

Thanks

#1690 8 years ago

I

Quoted from chet218:I know it has been discussed that you cant replace a song with a shorter song because you will have dead air. Has anyone done it and maybe have some tips or tricks to fill in the space if lets say the song was about a minute shorter?
Thanks

I always loop the song back to the beginning and then fade out at the appropriate time.

#1691 8 years ago

Good idea, thanks

#1692 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I

I always loop the song back to the beginning and then fade out at the appropriate time.

You can also often find different versions of the song. Additionally you can add some 'sound bytes' from interviews / movie clips or even if there is a reference on a Simpsons episode! Just have fun with it - the ability to customize to your specific liking is what it is all about.

1 week later
#1693 8 years ago

Maybe this has already been answered, but with KISS being announced, I'm seeing a lot of people saying, "Just change the songs using Pinball Browser." Does the Pinball Browser work on the new SPIKE system? I assumed it didn't. If not, are there plans for the SPIKE system in the future?

#1694 8 years ago

I so need to change out some of the songs on my Mustang premium. Really need to take the time to make sure I know all the required steps, though.

#1695 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Does the Pinball Browser work on the new SPIKE system? I assumed it didn't. If not, are there plans for the SPIKE system in the future?

No, Pinball Browser is not compatible with Spike ...yet

#1696 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

My favorite subject wink.

#1697 8 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I know it has been discussed that you cant replace a song with a shorter song because you will have dead air. Has anyone done it and maybe have some tips or tricks to fill in the space if lets say the song was about a minute shorter?
Thanks

One solution (previously discussed here I think) is to "stretch" the song to fit. Audacity and a lot of other sound editors will do this. Useful if it's just a few seconds, more than that and you might notice the tempo difference.

A fun trick which I do *NOT* think has been discussed yet: If the song is much shorter than the space you have to fill, you can often (using "copy and paste") insert an additional verse or chorus or other bit of the song to get it close to the right size. If you do it right (it might take a few tries), the edits will be imperceptible.

#1698 8 years ago

Any plans on making this compatible with Capcom? Let me know if i can help.

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I love the "yet" followed by the winkie!

I can't tell you how important Pinball Browser has become to me. Between Mustang and TWD, I have to say I seriously doubt that I would own either pin if it wasn't for the ability to add/modify sounds with this software.

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

A fun trick which I do *NOT* think has been discussed yet: If the song is much shorter than the space you have to fill, you can often (using "copy and paste") insert an additional verse or chorus or other bit of the song to get it close to the right size. If you do it right (it might take a few tries), the edits will be imperceptible.

Or combine two completely different songs. Blitzkrieg and Killing Time fit nicely in the same space as Unforgiven...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Bucks County, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.