New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 124420)

Stern Batman The Dark Knight (BDK) music & sound mod

By Mcpit

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

BDK game code 2.94 modified using the great Pinball Browser to hold better and higher quality music and sound effects.
All background music tracks were changed, as well as most sound effects, incl. Bruce Wayne's cheesy "Jackpot", "Super Jackpot" and "Extra ball" phrases...

(I know.. I need to fix my left slingshot flasher..)

Let me know what you think!

(PM for firmware file)

That's 50+ sound files sampled, edited and tested, altogether about 30 hours of work. So please help and donate here!

#2 5 years ago

Very nice and you did it in only 30 hours. You've got some real talent there. If I had the game I'd buy it.

#3 5 years ago

Nice job! If you ever decide to tackle Avengers let me know.

#4 5 years ago

In before the lock.

#5 5 years ago

This is awesome and is a %100 improvement!!!! Great job....

#6 5 years ago

Any chance of a mod with the TV show theme song?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Any chance of a mod with the TV show theme song?

Mm interesting idea. "Gotham" you mean, right?
Problem is it wouldn't really align with the theme. Not sure so many people would be interested, and when I say this was 30 hours of work altogether I mean it! Sampling the right mood for the right time, making clean loops, editing/equalizing/balancing, testing, starting over, and so on...

Now if it's just to slip the main song in place of the intro track you can probably try and do it yourself?

#8 5 years ago

I was only joking. I meant the old Adam West series. That tune would sound hilariously out of place on a BDK.

#9 5 years ago

Have you only changed music and sound effects?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Have you only changed music and sound effects?

Yes.
Dmd images, messages and settings are all default.
Anything you would've liked to see changed there?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I was only joking. I meant the old Adam West series. That tune would sound hilariously out of place on a BDK.

THAT is actually an awesome idea!! Haha!
Tadadadadadadada

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Mcpit:

Yes.
Dmd images, messages and settings are all default.
Anything you would've liked to see changed there?

Voices.

I was working on a music and sounds project myself. I'm currently going through the movies and cutting out voice clips.

#13 5 years ago

Very cool! I've lent my BDK to a buddy for a little bit, but I'll be donating and sending a PM when I know I can update the game. He's on vacation for a couple weeks, so I'll be doing this within the month. I can hardly wait!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Voices.
I was working on a music and sounds project myself. I'm currently going through the movies and cutting out voice clips.

I've remade Bruce Wayne's worst ones. The rest is ok to me so far, apart from Alfred but luckily you don't hear him too much. And joker is already taken from the movie.
Surprisingly there are loads of movie sound clips in the firmware itself which aren't used in the game. You may want to give that a try. Although matching the clips length and meaning is going to be considerable work.

#15 5 years ago

thats cool..makes me wish I still had mine

#16 5 years ago

Hi,

very great work with good new sounds. Thanks

#17 5 years ago

Installed full version and what a difference. Thumbs up!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

I think so too after playing yours last night. And with an external sub...WOW!!!

#19 5 years ago

Installed yesterday
,great improvement. I guess I need another sub

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think so too after playing yours last night. And with an external sub...WOW!!!

So how was the hootenanny!? ;o)

#21 5 years ago

I haven't heard that word in years....are you sure your not from the States. It was a GREAT time even though I got SMOKED at every game I played. Those guys and gals are GOOOOD! Me not so much. Dave had the sound on BDK up nice and loud and it was soooo much fun playing it like that with the new sound. I just wished the music part was a bit louder though.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I haven't heard that word in years....are you sure your not from the States. It was a GREAT time even though I got SMOKED at every game I played. Those guys and gals are GOOOOD! Me not so much. Dave had the sound on BDK up nice and loud and it was soooo much fun playing it like that with the new sound. I just wished the music part was a bit louder though.

Sometimes I wish so too. But amplifying the music tracks even more would lead to saturation (crackles). I've read about people setting the music volume of their Stern to *negative* values in the maintenance menu, hence making it even louder. But I don't seem to be able to do that on mine.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Mcpit:

» YouTube video
BDK game code 2.94 modified using the great Pinball Browser to hold better and higher quality music and sound effects.
All background music tracks were changed, as well as most sound effects, incl. Bruce Wayne's cheesy "Jackpot", "Super Jackpot" and "Extra ball" phrases...
(I know.. I need to fix my left slingshot flasher..)
Let me know what you think!
(PM for firmware file)
That's 50+ sound files sampled, edited and tested, altogether about 30 hours of work. So please help and donate!

Hi, Excellent job Can't wait to try this out. A question on the speech. Did you replace the fake Michael Caine call outs with real ones, from the films?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Hi, Excellent job Can't wait to try this out. A question on the speech. Did you replace the fake Michael Caine call outs with real ones, from the films?

Nope. Only the worst Bruce Wayne phrases, since we hear them a lot.
I might look at making a version 2 though and replace all the fake voices, but probably not in the immediate term (other projects going on).

(If/when I do, I'll definitely send it out to those who donated!)

#25 5 years ago

this is awesome, seems like it needs more joker? just me though, I love all the added sounds and music and can't wait for more (maybe add abit of Bane to the mystery hole, I have heard alot of really good Bane impersonations, just a idea)

#26 5 years ago

Finally got around to playing BDK with the new firmware and hats off to Mcpit. The sounds are are so much better now. Thank you

#27 5 years ago

Had time for a few games that lasted longer than the first install,great improvement!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Mcpit:

Nope. Only the worst Bruce Wayne phrases, since we hear them a lot.
I might look at making a version 2 though and replace all the fake voices, but probably not in the immediate term (other projects going on).
(If/when I do, I'll definitely send it out to those who donated!)

If all those voices were replaced; I would have to buy the game. So, take your time. I have spent enough money lately.

1 month later
#29 5 years ago

I just put the MCPIT track song version update , on my batman, trust me buy an other game it's the same, now i love my batman !!!!!!!!
Nothing compare the origin version !!!!!
Everything was changed, it's like your are the real batman on the movie !!!!!
Thank again !!!!

#30 5 years ago

I too just installed the new version and the sounds are incredible! I'm hearing all kinds of new stuff!

BDK owners, donate and try this update!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

3 months later
#31 5 years ago

Going to install full version. Don't have external sub but would others recommend? The sound otherwise is just "eh".

Jimmy

Oh, any other awesome mods others know I should look at for BDK?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Going to install full version. Don't have external sub but would others recommend? The sound otherwise is just "eh".
Jimmy
Oh, any other awesome mods others know I should look at for BDK?

I just installed Mcpit's sound mod and its game changing in my opinion, and yes, I would recommend an external sub and shaker. BDK is a modders dream. Here is a couple of threads..I've got all the movie master figures, batpod, pinballbulbs leds and batmobile ramp light kit, batpod and tumbler all waiting to be put on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bdk-mods

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-there-no-bdk-owners-club

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-opinions-about-batman-tdk

#33 5 years ago

Just a note about the volume
I think the Stern SAM systems generally have a background music volume that is a little too low compared to the sound effects.
So in my opinion the music volume setting in the maintenance menu should really be set to 1, which is the loudest, 15 being the quietest.
Same applies to the modified firmware, where all the new tracks were made to be at the same volume as the original tracks.
Just let me know if this makes no sense whatsoever.

#34 5 years ago

Just installed it and I love it. Literally best bang for the buck mod you will ever make. Seriously folks, if you are on the fence do it. If you don't like it (which I can't imagine anyone would not be happy), you are only out like $15 and you have donated to the hobby.

#35 5 years ago

Completely agree. Very well done.
Jimmy

5 months later
#36 4 years ago

I just updated my BDK and love the new sound edits. Huge improvement, Thank You!

#37 4 years ago

It's a huge improvement!

1 month later
#38 4 years ago

I've PMed mcpit but no reply, can someone else please share a link to the rom with me?

2 months later
#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Monza:

I've PMed mcpit but no reply, can someone else please share a link to the rom with me?

Managed to get hold of him on Aussie Arcade, the PM from Pinside never got to him.

Donated and got link to his modified ROM, huge improvement is an understatement!

3 weeks later
#40 4 years ago

I would be quite interested if all of the fake voices were switched out with actual clips from the film, with the real actor's voices. I would donate a notable amount to have that work done.

4 months later
#41 3 years ago

As mentioned this mod is a must.
Takes an "OK" game and makes it brilliant.

If you know the movie soundtrack will then you will really find that this sound mod take your BDK to a new level.
Well worth the a small donation too.

2 weeks later
#42 3 years ago

How do I get/install this mod!?!

#43 3 years ago

I emailed mcpit and he responded in less than a day. I sent my donation for all this hard work and i have to say it is awesome. I love the sounds and it makes the game a lot better IMO. This is awesome that we have people doing this to help make these games get better and better. Kudos!

2 months later
#44 3 years ago

Salut,je suis français , j'aime beaucoup ton travail ,serait il possible que tu m'envoie la rom modifié ?
Amicalement

1 week later
#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Christophe94190:

Salut,je suis français , j'aime beaucoup ton travail ,serait il possible que tu m'envoie la rom modifié ?
Amicalement

Done.

#46 3 years ago

Thank you for the rom !!!!! It's a new Game with your rom ! Very good job !
Thank you verry much !

1 week later
#47 3 years ago

can someone send me this link ? i can't get anser of mcpit.when i have the file i will donate directly the 20 dollar !or is the link direct sended when you pay ?i really want this version to play on my pin

1 week later
#48 3 years ago

Hello Mcitp
I really like your work and I wanted to know if you could send me the ROM btdk
thank you in advance

1 month later
#49 3 years ago
Quoted from barrypinball:

can someone send me this link ? i can't get anser of mcpit.when i have the file i will donate directly the 20 dollar !or is the link direct sended when you pay ?i really want this version to play on my pin

Message sent!

2 months later
#50 3 years ago

Could someone help me find this link?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 179.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
€ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside