1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 112.
#551 10 years ago

Does your DmD have a line of dots locked on?

#552 10 years ago

Yes it does. Stern is sending a new one.

#553 10 years ago

Im trying to update my acdc le with new songs and I keep getting a fail at the end trying to update "error code 8" usually that means the flash drive isnt working but Ive used the same flash drive to update it before also when I save the BIN file the one I have is labeled ACD165LE.BIN do I take off the LE portion of it when I save it or does it matter?

#554 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Im trying to update my acdc le with new songs and I keep getting a fail at the end trying to update "error code 8" usually that means the flash drive isnt working but Ive used the same flash drive to update it before also when I save the BIN file the one I have is labeled ACD165LE.BIN do I take off the LE portion of it when I save it or does it matter?

That's normal. Your game should be flashed fine with the modified code.

I know this thread is getting a bit large, but I would suggest going back and reading it. It has a lot of interesting and helpful information.

#555 10 years ago

You will always get the "Update Failed" message with the new BIN file.
Simply slide the DIP switch back over and remove your USB stick.
Then power your machine off and then back on.
Enjoy your new songs.

#556 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

How do you like this edit to the tilt sound clips?

The extreme curse mode, I love it!

#557 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

That's normal. Your game should be flashed fine with the modified code.
I know this thread is getting a bit large, but I would suggest going back and reading it. It has a lot of interesting and helpful information.

Quoted from Arcade:

You will always get the "Update Failed" message with the new BIN file.Simply slide the DIP switch back over and remove your USB stick.Then power your machine off and then back on.Enjoy your new songs.

Thanks for the help you guys. I actually figured it out right after I posted that and I remember some people posting about errors and I didnt put two and two together. I do have a question though. Anyone thats changed songs out did you go through and change the little clips of songs so the game smoothly plays the start of the song over and over when you leave the ball in the shooter lane? I noticed Dirty Deeds works just fine but its not very smooth at transitioning the intro when I let it sit in the shooter lane, it sounds like it plays a little of it and cuts it off abruptly and doesnt sound as good as the other tracks because of this. Anyway thanks for all the help and this program is amazing and very easy to use.

#558 10 years ago

Thanks for the help you guys. I actually figured it out right after I posted that and I remember some people posting about errors and I didnt put two and two together. I do have a question though. Anyone thats changed songs out did you go through and change the little clips of songs so the game smoothly plays the start of the song over and over when you leave the ball in the shooter lane? I noticed Dirty Deeds works just fine but its not very smooth at transitioning the intro when I let it sit in the shooter lane, it sounds like it plays a little of it and cuts it off abruptly and doesnt sound as good as the other tracks because of this. Anyway thanks for all the help and this program is amazing and very easy to use.

The looping section will depend on which song you chose to replace. Every song in the Stern Code has a certain amount of seconds for looping. You would need to find that looping section of the code and replace it with whatever you wish to loop. However you are stuck with the amount of time that is originally coded so it may or may not fit perfectly.
I replaced my Hell aint a bad place to be with Dirty Deeds which loops for 8 seconds. Luckily it fits pretty good and I did not have to do any editing. It's not 100% perfect, but close enough.

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

not anymore its not 2013 dmca

That doesn't make it illegal. It just means its not in the dmca. There's also no law that calls out that I can go to Safeway on Tuesdays. That doesn't make it illegal to shop on Tuesdays.

#560 10 years ago

There has got to be a section of the messages that this program is missing somehow.
I have gone over them with a fine tooth comb, and the Song Champions are just not pulled from anything in here.
I thought for a moment it could be pulling them from the Adjustments page but all the songs in the Adjustments are abbreviated, and they are spelled out correctly on the DMD.
This little mystery is driving me crazy.

#561 10 years ago

Has anyone figured out the "song champion text mystery" yet?

I noticed two separate lines 0x5A9 (Hell Ain't A Bad) and line 0x5AA (Place To Be) that did not change when a global change was made to any line that had the whole song title.

I manually changed these two to "Dirty Deeds Done" and "Dirt Cheap" respectively.

When I tested it out with the modified rom, the text did not change. Anybody have any ideas?

#562 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I noticed two separate lines 0x5A9 (Hell Ain't A Bad) and line 0x5AA (Place To Be) that did not change when a global change was made to any line that had the whole song title.
I manually changed these two to "Dirty Deeds Done" and "Dirt Cheap" respectively.
When I tested it out with the modified rom, the text did not change. Anybody have any ideas?

Already thought of that as well.
But the reason this text does not change globally with the rest is that it is located on two lines.
What changed when you modified these two lines is the DMD screen on the very first ball plunge of Dirty Deeds. You will notice that the screen has the first part on the upper half and the second part on the lower half.
It is a quick screen and you have to look fast to even notice it as it only happens on the very first ball plunge.
The mystery continues.

#563 10 years ago

I wonder if song champion text is hard coded in the code.
If you change it to French dose the song champion text change to French?
Maybe the new version that can change code will help us.

#564 10 years ago

Who wants to come over and change my AC/DC songs for me I am buying the beer and supplying 14 games to play. My computer skills suck and I would love to have this done on my game.

#565 10 years ago

I would be happy to, but would require a plane ticket.
Hopefully someone near you can help out.
14 games sounds like fun.

#566 10 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Who wants to come over and change my AC/DC songs for me I am buying the beer and supplying 14 games to play. My computer skills suck and I would love to have this done on my game.

You just need someone to send you their customized bin file in an email attachment, then you can put it on a usb thumb drive, and update your code per normal procedure (don't verify, and ignore the error.)

#567 10 years ago

A bunch of people have my BIN file now. If you want to try it out just send me a PM and I will give you a Dropbox invite so you can grab it. The file is 114 MB and a bit too large for an email attachment.

#568 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Quoted from pinballlooking:

I wonder if song champion text is hard coded in the code.
If you change it to French dose the song champion text change to French?
Maybe the new version that can change code will help us.

It's in a different table that is not (yet) processed by the app

#569 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Is this something you are going to add to the app? It would just put icing on the AC/DC cake.

#570 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I knew it. lol
I agree, it would be awesome to have access to this table as well.

#571 10 years ago

I've just got to say that threads like this are what Pinside is all about. No fighting, no BS, just pinball goodness.

I hope to take make use of this on my Tron and METLE one of these days.

Great job to all of you guys!

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I've just got to say that threads like this are what Pinside is all about. No fighting, no BS, just pinball goodness.
I hope to take make use of this on my Tron and METLE one of these days.
Great job to all of you guys!

Well said, this program is awesome for anyone interested in personalizing their machine.

Oga83 should add a donation Paypal link as he deserves it for his efforts.

#573 10 years ago

Im hoping that new table shows up very soon. Oga83 youre a genius.

#574 10 years ago

Awesome work on this!

Just changed some Metallica songs...

Unforgiven - The Shortest Straw
Sad but True - Metal Militia
Enter Sandman - So What + Stone cold crazy...

Probably will dump out the So What for something else. Not a very KID friendly song.

My first attempt on my AC/DC booted up and said this game can not be played in this country, please contact your distributor. Anyone know the reason for this error?

Chris

#575 10 years ago

Im hoping that new table shows up very soon. Oga83 youre a genius.

Not in the next days I'm working on a new feature...

#576 10 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

My first attempt on my AC/DC booted up and said this game can not be played in this country, please contact your distributor. Anyone know the reason for this error?
Chris

Are you sure that you've taken the correct firmware (PRO/LE) ?
Or maybe changed the wrong dip switches ?

#577 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

A bunch of people have my BIN file now. If you want to try it out just send me a PM and I will give you a Dropbox invite so you can grab it. The file is 114 MB and a bit too large for an email attachment.

IMO, it would be better to share macros instead of binaries (and songs).
Macros are just text that can be used to do the same mods than you did.
All you have to do is save (or copy/paste) your macro list when your mods are completed.

#578 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Are you sure that you've taken the correct firmware (PRO/LE) ?
Or maybe changed the wrong dip switches ?

It appears I was using the PRO code. Idiot me forgot I have an LE now!! LOL

#579 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

IMO, it would be better to share macros instead of binaries (and songs).
Macros are just text that can be used to do the same mods than you did.
All you have to do is save (or copy/paste) your macro list when your mods are completed.

If one just copies a macro with new song titles and locations, will the bin file still work?

I thought you would need the bin file because it contains the new imported songs. The macro is just the line info, isn't it?

#580 10 years ago

You guys should really be sharing macros instead of full blown flash files, which also contain free music... it would be best to keep Robin and this site out of trouble from copyright holders.

#581 10 years ago

I am not sharing anything on Robins board.
He is free and clear.

#582 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You guys should really be sharing macros instead of full blown flash files, which also contain free music... it would be best to keep Robin and this site out of trouble from copyright holders.

No one is filesharing music or anything else that would get Robin into trouble here.

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sharing links wouldn't be ideal.

#584 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Sharing links wouldn't be ideal.

We all understand your concern for Robin and his site.
No links are shared here. Even in the PM's.

#585 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

If one just copies a macro with new song titles and locations, will the bin file still work?
I thought you would need the bin file because it contains the new imported songs. The macro is just the line info, isn't it?

This is correct, but when you run the macro, it will ask for any song/image path that is needed.
If somebody wants to replace a song with, let's say, Dirty Deeds, there are chances that he already have the sound track.
But of course, if it is a brand new composition of your own (sound or image), you have to provide it.

#586 10 years ago

I just compared the new Metallica rom (1.16) and it has:

11 new messages
2 new adjustments in the menu
171 new images
37 new sounds

#587 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I just compared the new Metallica rom (1.16) and it has:
11 new messages
2 new adjustments in the menu
171 new images
37 new sounds

Cool. Thanks for the update.
I downloaded the file last night so I could play around with it later today.

#588 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Do you think you might add this table to a future update?
Just wondering. This App seriously rocks! Thanks so much for sharing!

#589 10 years ago

Do you think you might add this table to a future update?
Just wondering. This App seriously rocks! Thanks so much for sharing!

Yes, I found a way to do this, although it's not perfect : I'll add a function to rename any string you want into the firmware, provided you know it (there will be no list for those strings).
New release tomorrow

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, I found a way to do this, although it's not perfect : I'll add a function to rename any string you want into the firmware, provided you know it (there will be no list for those strings).
New release tomorrow

This is stellar news. My AC/DC Dirty Deeds song will look so polished (factory).
THANK YOU!

#591 10 years ago

This is indeed great news. Can't wait to mess with it.

#592 10 years ago

Could someone email this program to me? I'm having issues downloading it from the site...

#593 10 years ago

v2.00 can be downloaded

The main new feature is the possibility to load game-independant patches (like Tennis game) on most recent SAM boards. Pinball-Browser will adjust the patch to the game when it loads it (it looks easy, but it was a lot of work to acheive this !).
The only exist patch at this time is : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-program-modification-proof-of-concept-1
I have tested it on AC/DC; some tests are currently running on X-Men and MTLE. Anyone interested to test it ?

I have also added a 'string replacement' feature for any string that is not listed in the Message tab.
No more "song champion text mystery" !
Be aware that the search function is case sensitive.

Some of you asked for it, but I'm sorry, it is not possible to change the sound duration when you import a new one

#594 10 years ago

Thanks so much for 2.0!
Here is a picture of Dirty Deeds song Champion text changed.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0001.jpg

#595 10 years ago

I might be the only person who would use this, but is it possible to extract the names of the lamp matrix locations? I can find them using the new Messages->Search Firmware feature, but being able to export a file containing a list would be very useful for me.

#596 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

v2.00 can be downloaded
The main new feature is the possibility to load game-independant patches (like Tennis game) on most recent SAM boards. Pinball-Browser will adjust the patch to the game when it loads it (it looks easy, but it was a lot of work to acheive this !).

This is awesome. Good work!

Did you program it in c? Can you give any other sort of information? I have pretty good programming knowledge. I know java,python,js etc, etc I've only messed with c syntax stuff while working in linux. I know if I put some time in I could figure it out but I'm not sure where to start. Could you post the uncompiled tennis game so I can poke around? I understand if you don't want to.

Anyway really just wanted to say great work though.

#597 10 years ago

Awesome Oga I can't wait to get home to mess with it. Stellar update as always. You said its not possible to change song length at this time, does that mean it will never happen with your program or you're still trying to figure out how to do it?

#598 10 years ago

Thanks so much for 2.0!
Here is a picture of Dirty Deeds song Champion text changed.

Awesome news.
What did you search for to replace as I am not at home right now to mess with it?
Just Dirty Deeds in all caps or Dirty Deeds Champion in all caps?

#599 10 years ago

I changed “WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE” to DIRTY DEEDS in the messages. Then I searched for “WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE” and it found it in three places I changed it in those three places. Here is a screen shot of it.
Then I reflashed it. It looks so factory now. Once put a new custom printed card in the Juke box you will never know I changed it. (has anyone made one up yet)

TextChange.JPGTextChange.JPG

#600 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I might be the only person who would use this, but is it possible to extract the names of the lamp matrix locations? I can find them using the new Messages->Search Firmware feature, but being able to export a file containing a list would be very useful for me.

Search for one string with Pinball Browser : it will give you its file offset (0x...)
Then, use an hex editor (www.wxhexeditor.org is a good one) and go to the file offset : all the strings you're looking for will be around

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Central, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.