1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 112.
#1301 9 years ago

Just stumbled across this, what an awesome little tool!!

Has any experimented replacing sounds in the LOTR rom to see if the overall sound quality could be improved?

#1302 9 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

oga83, just a data point: I also can't access that URL and bookmarks DB doesn't work for me accordingly.

I'm still investigating. It seems that there is a DNS filtering based on geography on this site.

#1303 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I ran into a strange issue when trying to open X-Men LE 1.1 software.

X-Men v1.1 uses a sound script version that I've never seen on other games.

Today, Pinball Browser knows 3 different version for the sound scripts : v1 (FG,POTC,WOF,WPT), v2 (SHREK,CSI,24H, ...) and v3 (latest games)
As this game is between v2 and v3, I have to rename all the script version from v1 (FG) to v4 (latest games)

The next version of Pinball Browser will be able to open this game

#1304 9 years ago

For those who are going to use the new AC/DC file with the new 1.68 code, all the songs have been bumped up one number in the browser.
So instead of the studio songs being 300-311 they are now 301-312.
The live songs have been bumped up two spots for the most part. A couple of exceptions but easy to figure out.

#1305 9 years ago

I am new to Pinball browser and it says I can't connect to the database when looking for bookmarks and when I try to play a sound it says "cannot play file!" in the tron 17402.bin

Is this problem address somewhere?
Thanks!

#1306 9 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

I also can't access that URL and bookmarks DB doesn't work for me accordingly.

Quoted from oga83:

It seems that there is a DNS filtering based on geography on this site.

That's it
But I've found a workaround !
It should now be fixed (no need to upgrade Pinball Browser for this)

#1307 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It should now be fixed (no need to upgrade Pinball Browser for this)

Super! I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

#1308 9 years ago

I'll do the same! Thanks oga83!

#1309 9 years ago

It worked~! All bookmarks were imported successfully. Thanks Oga!

#1310 9 years ago

oga (or any other experienced users)... is there a way to batch import images?

In my mind it would work like this:
There is a 50 frame animation I want to replace (with 50 frames of my own making)
I'd need to map each of my frames to an existing frame. Once that is done, the filename of my replacement file, along with the *hash* value of the source image would be stored to a 'batch importing' file.

This would mean that if (eg) Metallica was updated again, and the locations of images changed, I could run the batch importer and it would still find/replace the original images with my replacements.

Is this possible, and if not, could it be added? More than happy to pay to see this implemented.

#1311 9 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

oga (or any other experienced users)... is there a way to batch import images?
In my mind it would work like this:
There is a 50 frame animation I want to replace (with 50 frames of my own making)
I'd need to map each of my frames to an existing frame. Once that is done, the filename of my replacement file, along with the *hash* value of the source image would be stored to a 'batch importing' file.
This would mean that if (eg) Metallica was updated again, and the locations of images changed, I could run the batch importer and it would still find/replace the original images with my replacements.
Is this possible, and if not, could it be added? More than happy to pay to see this implemented.

Macros are made for this
When you do something with Pinball Browser (import a sound, import or modify an image, change a string, ...) a macro is generated (Macro tab).
You can save/share your macros. They are meant to be replayed on a stock firmware.
In case the image/sound ids are modified (new firmware), you can even manually edit your macros as it's just text.
See OP for more details.

#1312 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

For those who are going to use the new AC/DC file with the new 1.68 code, all the songs have been bumped up one number in the browser.
So instead of the studio songs being 300-311 they are now 301-312.
The live songs have been bumped up two spots for the most part. A couple of exceptions but easy to figure out.

Thanks for this, do you also know the id numbers for the respective songs so the track and text on dmd can be in 'sync'?

Cheers

#1313 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Thanks for this, do you also know the id numbers for the respective songs so the track and text on dmd can be in 'sync'?
Cheers

I can get them, but all you have to do is search the song title in the top search box that you want to replace. You will want to replace the first 3 that appear in the list. The ones below that are just Album and tour titles that really should not be changed. If I remember I will make a list tonight.

#1314 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Cheers

Replace the song with Pinball Browser : the macro will include the corresponding id.
Or, as Arcade said above, select it in Pinball Browser : the id is displayed just below the scroll bar.

#1315 9 years ago

Rather than sifting through this whole thread. I just donated. How long before I recieve my license number?

#1316 9 years ago

Maybe we need a PinWiki devoted to this tool?! IE FAQ summized?

#1317 9 years ago

I had a general question and then a more game specific one.

Am I correct in thinking that if you are browsing sounds using the location slider and no request highlights for the sound in the lower window....that means that, that instance of the sound is not used in the software?

My game specific question is...does anyone know where the request is for the Metallica scoop eject sound? It's not very audible or memorable. I am looking to replace it for a friend, but I don't know where it is or really remember what it sounds like.

TIA

#1318 9 years ago

It is request #100

#1319 9 years ago

Has anyone changes things on a Family Guy? Is it Possible add new highscores like combo Champ or so to integrade with the browser?

#1320 9 years ago

How long does it take I get a license? I donated a week ago and never heard back. Had to use an old version to get my job done.

#1321 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How long does it take I get a license? I donated a week ago and never heard back. Had to use an old version to get my job done.

That's strange. Got a reply from oga within a day. Perhaps he is on holiday, drop him a PM would be my advice

#1322 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

PM sent

#1323 9 years ago

v3.70 is online ! (link and change log in OP)

This version has a major enhancement on images : they are now compressed.
This saves a lot of memory into the firmware and allows full game colorization.

A big thank you to nerbflong, monster_bash, dugfreez, caker137 and others for their tests on many intermediate beta versions !

[EDIT] v3.71 is online !
It improves motion images modification.

#1324 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Olivier! PB has been working great!

The compression is awesome, so much more memory for coloring frames!

#1325 9 years ago

Pinball Browser can now open WPC firmwares

Extract from AFM :
0x02C4-953.gif0x02C4-953.gif

I know that some of you will be disappointed because the current version can only display dmd images...
But it's been a lot of work, and I'm still working on it.

A new check box is displayed when you open a WPC game : "Group with next frame"
Pinball Browser has now way to know which frames have 2 color layers (instead of 1). With this checkbox, you tell Pinball Browser that the current frame has 2 layers. This info is stored in the <FirmwareName>.dat file that you can share with others.

As usual, the download link is in the OP.

#1326 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Wow, it just keeps getting better!

#1327 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is amazing!!

I loaded the Shadow ROM last night to peek around and indeed it does display them. Most frames needed to be combined with the next but it works!

I can't wait to start coloring frames!!

#1328 9 years ago

Hey guys! In haven't used pinball browser in a while. Planning on picking it back up soon. Has loop point editing been figured out? For instance, can song swaps be made to with seamlessly in Metallica without looping oddly at the beginning of a ball?

Thanks!
Gary

#1329 9 years ago

Need some help please.

For Met Pro running 1.6 I want to replace "Enter Sandman" with a song from the Tally Hall CD which is about Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Musuem. Since that is where the game is it would be cool to have the song in the game.

I have the latest version of pinball browser and found Enter Sandman at script 0x172 and imported the MP3. Then I changed the label in messages.

When loaded into the game you see the new text when you select song. But it still plays enter sandman AT FIRST then after awhile does start to play the new song. So I don't think it got all the fragments or ?.

I did tell it to sync to the bookmarks and while there was no error message, no bookmarks appeared.

Hmm, now I see that there are several "sandman" scripts. Should I have picked the 1st (and longest) one at 0x16B instead?

Thanks,
Parker

#1330 9 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

Need some help please.
For Met Pro running 1.6 I want to replace "Enter Sandman" with a song from the Tally Hall CD which is about Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Musuem. Since that is where the game is it would be cool to have the song in the game.
I have the latest version of pinball browser and found Enter Sandman at script 0x172 and imported the MP3. Then I changed the label in messages.
When loaded into the game you see the new text when you select song. But it still plays enter sandman AT FIRST then after awhile does start to play the new song. So I don't think it got all the fragments or ?.
I did tell it to sync to the bookmarks and while there was no error message, no bookmarks appeared.
Hmm, now I see that there are several "sandman" scripts. Should I have picked the 1st (and longest) one at 0x16B instead?
Thanks,
Parker

Rule of thumb is always pick the longest sound file with the most fragments.

Looking at your example in particular.....it seems that the MET code has changed a bit and I hadn't noticed it. Keep in mind I am using the 1.51 LE software so other sound locations may be different on different software versions or on the Pro. It seems that Enter Sandman has 3 occurrences of Enter Sandman with 18 fragments and a 5min30s489ms play time.

0x16A (bookmarked as Enter Sandman)
0x17C
0x180

Location 0x17D is actually Enter Sandman with 19 fragments and a 5min30s739ms play time.

I'm pretty sure you can change any of those 4 locations and it will change Enter Sandman in all locations and fragments. I had just never noticed that longer 19 fragment location before...I'm guessing it is just an added fragment of silence added for some unknown reason.

#1331 9 years ago

Parker: put another way, you'll probably have to go through and make sure Sandman doesn't exist anywhere else. At least check all the long length ones. If you need help, let me know (I'm local). I've been doing a lot of sound replacement work on Star Trek and I have a mild feel for how Stern sounds are set up.

#1332 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Parker: put another way, you'll probably have to go through and make sure Sandman doesn't exist anywhere else. At least check all the long length ones. If you need help, let me know (I'm local). I've been doing a lot of sound replacement work on Star Trek and I have a mild feel for how Stern sounds are set up.

Yep, that was the trick. Found the longest length sand man and replaced it. Works good now.

Thanks, Parker

#1333 9 years ago

Super excited about the potential for modding WPC games with this, a perfect tool for budding re-themers!!!

1 week later
#1334 9 years ago

Metallica Premuim.

Replaced One & Unforgiven.
Everything sounds good except at the end of ball , the music stops and I just get the sounds for the scores. I am pretty sure the music used tocontinue through those. Now it sounds off.
I used the bookmarks to get the sings and then imported the new song.
Did I miss a step ?

#1335 9 years ago

any one has a cool firmware for a ST LE done now?

#1336 9 years ago

If someone wanted to use the browser to just change the end of game "outro" song on ACDC how much work is involved? That is really all I want to do with it and don't want to spend 6 hours learning how to use it just for that. Not that it isn't an amazing piece of software, I just don't have that kind of spare time atm.

#1338 9 years ago

I've just installed the Pinball Browser on my mac using Crossover. So far it seems to be working just fine, such cool software, thanks oga!

The only problem is trying to sync bookmarks, when I try that, I get the error "Cannot connect to the remote database !"

Is there any way to debug this?

#1339 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If someone wanted to use the browser to just change the end of game "outro" song on ACDC how much work is involved? That is really all I want to do with it and don't want to spend 6 hours learning how to use it just for that. Not that it isn't an amazing piece of software, I just don't have that kind of spare time atm.

I am not at home so I don't have the exact spot for this, but yes, it is possible.
I just changed out the entire Let there be Rock Song for Shoot to Thrill and it automatically now plays Shoot to Thrill at the end of all my games.
But it should be possible to just hunt for that small clip and just change it.
The problem with that is guessing which short clip is used for that call at the end of the game as there are several in the code. Then you would have to load each try on your machine, (a 45 min. process) and see if you got it right.
Maybe someone has already done that, but I have not.

#1340 9 years ago

Ya that is all I really want to do is put something like the chorus of a different song there in its place. Shoot to thrill would be fine, but I don't want to trade out any of the other full length songs...yet.

#1341 9 years ago

Has anyone made any changes to their Iron Man using this? Very interested to hear

#1342 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ya that is all I really want to do is put something like the chorus of a different song there in its place. Shoot to thrill would be fine, but I don't want to trade out any of the other full length songs...yet.

I'm not sure if you can just replace one song fragment (the one that plays after the match sequence) and it not mess up the original song in the game.

I'd like to hear if anyone has actually done that and the specifics (what game, what song fragment location was replaced, ect...).

UPDATE: Just to test...I replaced 1 fragment of Enter Sandman. Then when I went back to the entire song location....it did indeed stick that new fragment in the whole song location. So I don't believe you can do what you are wanting to do.

It seems that the software gets it's fragment information from the entire song location (because when you change the entire song in 1 location it auto changes all of the fragments), but it does seem like you COULD change just 1 fragment and it be fine. But it looks like just changing 1 fragment also puts that back into the entire song somehow.

The sound clips on these games seems weird as it is. I can understand having 1 location with the entire song and I can also understand having that location chucked up to make the various fragments. What I don't understand is why there are 2 or 3 locations with the entire song and why replacing a fragment would then change the entire song location clips.

#1343 9 years ago

What I gather from replacing songs on Star Trek is that a fragment is specified as starting at, for example, 36.5 seconds of the main clip and ending at 58.3 seconds of the main clip.

If you are willing to work hard at it, you can figure out where the fragment starts relative to the main song and attempt to use editing tricks to make the fragment sound cohesive while keeping the main clip cohesive. I think that is much tougher to do with rock music compared to, say, orchestral soundtrack music.

#1344 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It seems that the software gets it's fragment information from the entire song location (because when you change the entire song in 1 location it auto changes all of the fragments)

I was afraid that may be the case. I never really had a reason to try that before.
Thanks for doing that and saving everyone a lot of headaches in the future.

#1345 9 years ago

I've been wondering...does anyone know of any sound editing software that will let you open a sound clip and then type in a time length. Then the software would have that length highlighted and you can slide the highlighted area along the original sound clip so you could hear how a sound loop of that length would sound with the time length positioned where it is on the original clip.

It seems like it would be a feature that would be used on a lot of other applications where a person is looking for a specific length of sound loop...but I have never seen this in any audio software that I have worked with.

#1346 9 years ago

Wow, this seems like a great program
I tried it now, but it seems that it wont recognize SEGA roms, can anyone confirm this?

#1347 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Wow, this seems like a great program I tried it now, but it seems that it wont recognize SEGA roms, can anyone confirm this?

Correct. At this time only Stern SAM and WPC are supported. Sega is an early whitestar boardset and is not supported.

#1348 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm not sure if you can just replace one song fragment (the one that plays after the match sequence) and it not mess up the original song in the game

Sound Request (ie game actions) are made of several Sound Scripts (ie a single call or song).
Sound Scripts are made of several Sound Fragments (each one is only a few seconds long).
Only sound scripts (thus Sound Requests) can be modified with Pinball
Browser.

Moreover :
A Sound Script can be used by several Sound Requests.
A Sound Fragment can be used by several Sound Scripts.

This explains why modifying a short version of a song also modifies the longer versions; that's why it's always better to modify the longest sound script of a song.

#1349 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I've been wondering...does anyone know of any sound editing software that will let you open a sound clip and then type in a time length. Then the software would have that length highlighted and you can slide the highlighted area along the original sound clip so you could hear how a sound loop of that length would sound with the time length positioned where it is on the original clip.

Pinball Browser embedded sound editor almost does this. The duration is preconfigured with the Sound Script length (but you can reduce it) and you can use the scrollbar to move your starting point.

#1350 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sega is an early whitestar boardset and is not supported.

Yet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.