1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 112.
#1551 9 years ago

yes it may be would be great idea to

record all original samples and pinmame should just start the .wav

could only be better

#1552 9 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Here is my contribution for TWDLE.

This is great !
As you also have uploaded your bookmarks in the online database, everyone can download them with the 'Sync' button in Pinball Browser. Thanks !

#1553 9 years ago

Version 4.20 is available !
There has been a lot of rework in it to support the new side-channel colorization in SmartDmd.
I did a lot of tests, but if you come to find any weird behaviour, please report.

See here for the new SmartDmd functions.

#1554 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is great !
As you also have uploaded your bookmarks in the online database, everyone can download them with the 'Sync' button in Pinball Browser. Thanks !

Just trying to help....

I updated the .dat file on Pastebin and because I transcribed all voices, not just the primary character, I think it could be considered "complete". I don't think most are used, especially with the characters I called "Deep Throat" and "Ernest" but it didn't take that long and will hopefully help people out.

I am trying to figure out why Stern even bothered licensing TWD from AMC. The lines are very generic and maybe 10% are specific to the show, no real voices, and only a couple of photos of the actors...

#1555 9 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

I am trying to figure out why Stern even bothered licensing TWD from AMC. The lines are very generic and maybe 10% are specific to the show, no real voices, and only a couple of photos of the actors...

Because licenses sell games. "Walking Dead Pinball" attracts a lot more people than "Zombies! OMG!"

#1556 9 years ago

Version 4.30 is available

This is the first localized version : English, French and German
Please forgive my German; any help for improvement will be appreciated !

#1557 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is great !

I don't see how/where to do this.
*disclaimer* Pretty much computer illiterate!

#1558 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Version 4.30 is available
This is the first localized version : English, French and German
Please forgive my German; any help for improvement will be appreciated !

Always great to see an update. I do have one bug fix to suggest (though maybe its just the way I'm using it, by using Python to write my own macros), but if a filename has a comma in it, PB can't handle it.

#1559 9 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Always great to see an update. I do have one bug fix to suggest (though maybe its just the way I'm using it, by using Python to write my own macros), but if a filename has a comma in it, PB can't handle it.

Don't ever make filenames with commas. That's just bad form.

#1560 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Don't ever make filenames with commas. That's just bad form.

Agreed, stick to dashes and underscores, that's just asking for trouble.

#1561 9 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

if a filename has a comma in it, PB can't handle it.

Only in the macro list : it's because the macro separator is a comma.
I could have used a different character or handle the comma inside a double-quoted filename but, when I wrote it, I did not think it would be an issue

#1562 9 years ago

The new version v4.32 fixes some language issues for French and German users.
If you are using Pinball Browser in English, you don't need to download it : there is no differences compared to the previous version (v4.30).

#1563 9 years ago

I'm ready to change some songs on my Met, Unforgiven has to go. Anyone do a tutorial video yet?

#1564 9 years ago

I just discovered Pinball Browser and it's looks like amazing! I have a Williams Junkyard Pin that I'd like to change the display from saying "Crazy Bob" to "Crazy Ray" and was wondering when Pinball Browser's Edit function will support William pins?

Or, is there some other way of accomplishing this? Thanks..

#1565 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm ready to change some songs on my Met, Unforgiven has to go. Anyone do a tutorial video yet?

Or how about a map so we know where the songs are located and length? Pro version please. Thanks!

#1566 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Or how about a map so we know where the songs are located and length? Pro version please. Thanks!

Look at the bookmarks (see OP). They might help for this

#1567 9 years ago

oga83: Would you have any suggestions on how I make the edit to Junkyard so it would display "Crazy Ray" instead of "Crazy Bob"? Thanks..

#1568 9 years ago
Quoted from Colnagocolumbia:

oga83: Would you have any suggestions on how I make the edit to junkyard so it would display "Crazy Ray" instead of "Crazy Bob"? Thanks..

PinballBrowser doesn't work with Williams/Bally roms. Your best bet there would be to hex edit the original rom image to replace the characters (if you can find them) - but I don't know if the WMS hardware does any checksumming on the rom data to see if it's been altered.

#1569 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

PinballBrowser doesn't work with Williams/Bally roms.

Pinball Browser can't modify Williams roms but it can read them and display the dmd frames.

Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't know if the WMS hardware does any checksumming on the rom data to see if it's been altered.

There is a checksum. Pinball Browser displays it in the info panel.

#1571 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser can't modify Williams roms but it can read them and display the dmd frames.

There is a checksum. Pinball Browser displays it in the info panel.

If anyone needs help on figuring new checksum, I have a (slightly cornfuddled) document on how to generate one after modifying a ROM..

#1572 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Look at the bookmarks (see OP). They might help for this

Where are the book marks?

#1573 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where are the book marks?

Bookmarks
- For sounds and images, the combo box (right next to the scrollbar), will give you a direct access to them when you select the corresponding line. You can enter a new name, or modify an existing one : enter the name, and click on 'Set Name'.
- You can synchonize them with the online database : click on Sync
- You can also :
* Enter 0x123 into images combo box to jump to image 0x123
* Enter 0x123 into sounds combo box to jump to sound script 0x123
* Enter 123 into sounds combo box to jump to sound request 123
- Additional info here and here

#1574 9 years ago

oga83 and epthegeek - I tried a hex editor and found several instances of "Bob" that I changed to "Ray." However, when I used Pinball Browser to view the dmd frames of this edited ROM, there were no changes from the original ROM.

I'm I missing something here or is what I'm trying to do impossible? Thanks..

#1575 9 years ago

oga83 and epthegeek - I tried a hex editor and found several instances of "Bob" that I changed to "Ray." However, when I used Pinball Browser to view the dmd frames of this edited ROM, there were no changes from the original ROM.

If the "Bob" you're trying to change is a text string (rendered as text, not art), you can (theoretically) change it with a hex editor -- if it's a piece of art saved as a DMD image, then it's not that simple.

#1576 9 years ago

Indeed, you can use a hex editor to change text in the firmware.
And you'll see the result in the Messages tab of Pinball Browser (or in the Search Firmware function).
However, changing the DMD frames with a hex editor is much more complicated. It's far more easier to use the image editor in Pinball Browser.

Also, when using a hex editor :
- you'll corrupt the firmware checksum (but it's not so important : you'll just get an "error 8" message at the end of the upgrade process, but the upgrade will work anyway)
- you can't extend the size of the message you are changing (Pinball Browser can do it for most of the messages because it can relocate them in free memory).

#1577 9 years ago

when I owned LOTR there was one word that used to pop up on dmd that looked like it was a font from the year 2000 and did not look olde. I remember people talking about it when game came out. Would be great to use this software to change it.

#1578 9 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Indeed, you can use a hex editor to change text in the firmware.

Remember, though, he's trying to tweak a Junkyard rom. Not a Stern game.

#1579 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Remember, though, he's trying to tweak a junkyard rom. Not a Stern game.

Ok, I didn't know

#1580 9 years ago

oga83 and epthegeek: Given this is a Williams machine, it appears my only option is to burn the ROM I modified and install it in the machine to see if the messages have been changed correctly? As for the DMD image, I guess I'm SOL?

I'm I correct in these assumptions? Thanks.

#1581 9 years ago

oga83 and epthegeek: Given this is a Williams machine, it appears my only option is to burn the ROM I modified and install it in the machine to see if the messages have been changed correctly? As for the DMD image, I guess I'm SOL?

Yes.

Keep in mind -
On some animations, text is overlayed onto the image.
On other animations, text is part OF the animation.

On the first, you can edit the text and have it changed in-game.
On the second, you would need to decode each animation frame, change the text (art), and then re-encode and insert into ROM. I do not think this has been done - though there are systems that will decode (PinMame, this Pinball-Browser tool, etc.), however rewriting to the ROM image is near impossible.

#1582 9 years ago

Or check it in pinmame

#1583 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Sanitarium fits in there pretty nicely.

#1584 9 years ago

Hi guys, with Pinball-Browser version 4.32 and trying to open The Walking Dead LE image 1.19 I'm getting "Cannot open file" (and the name of the file). After clicking three times on the same dialog box it pops saying "Unknown firmware!"... I'm able to use Pinball-Browser just fine with the latest Iron Man binary, but for some reason I can't open TWD LE. Any ideas? This works for other folks?

#1585 9 years ago
Quoted from fujur:

with Pinball-Browser version 4.32 and trying to open The Walking Dead LE image 1.19 I'm getting "Cannot open file"

It works for me. You should try to download your bin file again.
Anyone else has this problem ?
twd.pngtwd.png

#1586 9 years ago
Quoted from fujur:

This works for other folks?

Works for me, and I've spent a lot of time working with it.

#1587 9 years ago
Quoted from fujur:

Hi guys, with Pinball-Browser version 4.32 and trying to open The Walking Dead LE image 1.19 I'm getting "Cannot open file" (and the name of the file). After clicking three times on the same dialog box it pops saying "Unknown firmware!"... I'm able to use Pinball-Browser just fine with the latest Iron Man binary, but for some reason I can't open TWD LE. Any ideas? This works for other folks?

This same thing is happening to me when I try working on my ACDC pin and it used to work!!! I have no idea why and it drives me nuts. I've tried everything.

#1588 9 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Works for me, and I've spent a lot of time working with it.

Same here.

#1589 9 years ago

Managed to get it working on those files by re-installing the .NET framework 4.0 - So weird. Same files, just new .NET 4

#1590 9 years ago

Is the bally/williams support somehow getting better? I can pay a reward!

#1591 9 years ago

I'd be interested in supporting an effort to fully support bally/williams. Either by kicking in a reward and or as a tester in the development effort.

#1592 9 years ago

Is the link to download Pinball Browser down?

Ignore that, I couldn't download it when I was at home, but no problem at work.

#1593 9 years ago

Went through last night and labeled every sound call out for Metallica LE 1-63
I'm sure the sound request for the pro are probably pretty close to where these are if you need to find a sound quickly. Just download the LE 1-63 bin file and sync the request.
This game is full of awesome quotes that are not even used, but could be.
Enjoy.

#1594 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Went through last night and labeled every sound call out for Metallica LE 1-63

Did you happen to find the spinner drum sound? I like it, but would like to try a high pitched guitar solo sound to see how that work.

#1595 9 years ago

Can you run pinball browser with Windows Vista business ? I cannot get it to run on my machine.

#1596 9 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Did you happen to find the spinner drum sound? I like it, but would like to try a high pitched guitar solo sound to see how that work.

I only did the vocal quotes. Sorry.
I don't own a Metallica to know what the spinner sounds like.
I was just changing out some questionable vocal ques to better suit some younger family members.
But the good news is that, if I did not label it, it will be band music.

#1597 9 years ago

OGA83: Are there any prospects of a future version of Pinball Browser fully supporting bally/williams? If so, when? Thanks.

#1598 9 years ago

I'm trying to change blackened to the four Horsemen and it's telling me I can't upload the file because it's not a wav file what do I need to do? I have donated twice and have a license key

#1599 9 years ago

I had a similar problem, and had to change my sound engine in the advanced tab to Windows Multimedia.

#1600 9 years ago

OGA83: Are there any prospects of a future version of Pinball Browser fully supporting bally/williams? If so, when? Thanks.

Try to use the sound engine "Media Foundation".
(other engines don't support all the variations of the Wav file format).
It might not be available on some old XP/Vista Windows version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.