1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 112.
#1751 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Quick question....using Pinball Browser v4.42 for the first time. Running on a Mac OS X 10.10.4 via Crossover for Mac. No issues getting Pinball Browser up & running. Able to play different sound requests. Trying to swap out some songs on the MET v1.64 code. However when I try to import a song (24kHz-wav or MP3s) I'm getting this message.....
"This version of Pinball Browser does not have the Sound Edit features & it can only import 24kHz-Wav files! (If your file is a 24kHz-Wav, it will be imported with this version) Click on license in the main window for more informations."
When I click on Enter License button, all I see is an empty box for the License Key. So do I need a key to use Pinball Browser, and if so, how do I get one?
If not, I'm doing something wrong.

If you donate something to Oliver (the program creator) he'll email you a license key that you plunk into that box and then you're good to go and you won't get that error message when importing songs.

#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Quick question....using Pinball Browser v4.42 for the first time. Running on a Mac OS X 10.10.4 via Crossover for Mac. No issues getting Pinball Browser up & running. Able to play different sound requests. Trying to swap out some songs on the MET v1.64 code. However when I try to import a song (24kHz-wav or MP3s) I'm getting this message.....
"This version of Pinball Browser does not have the Sound Edit features & it can only import 24kHz-Wav files! (If your file is a 24kHz-Wav, it will be imported with this version) Click on license in the main window for more informations."
When I click on Enter License button, all I see is an empty box for the License Key. So do I need a key to use Pinball Browser, and if so, how do I get one?
If not, I'm doing something wrong.

If you donate something to Oliver (the program creator) he'll email you a license key that you plunk into that box and then you're good to go and you won't get that error message when importing songs.

#1754 8 years ago

With version 3.2 of pinball browser, some new features are reserved for those that donated to the project. One time donation gets you a registration key that opens up all features. If I recall the auto conversion of audio files that were not 24khz is one of these features. The program still works without donating, but you will have to feed it 24khz wave files if you want to use the free version. I think oga asked for $10 or so as a donation. A super bargain as the program has had constant updates for the past 2 years. Click on donate in the program if you want to donate to the project and oga will send you a registration key.

Whoops sorry didn't see the previous poster answered

#1755 8 years ago

Two things that I might be missing, but if I'm not, these might be neat features if possible. 1) Is there a way to keep the smartdmd configuration screen (where we adjust the palettes) open while we edit/colorize the images? 2) Is there a way to mark a start and end point and then apply a palette across all frames? (like a non-linear editor's in and out points)?

#1756 8 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Two things that I might be missing, but if I'm not, these might be neat features if possible. 1) Is there a way to keep the smartdmd configuration screen (where we adjust the palettes) open while we edit/colorize the images? 2) Is there a way to mark a start and end point and then apply a palette across all frames? (like a non-linear editor's in and out points)?

1- Image editor : Ctrl-Click a color in the palette.
2- Display tab : Ctrl-P will apply the palette from the preceding frame to the current frame (a serie of Ctrl-P and + will propagate the palette to several frames).

Most of the shortcuts like these ones are displayed in tooltips when you fly the mouse over buttons, combo boxes or other objects.

2 weeks later
#1757 8 years ago

is there someway to make the color identify tool keep the color u identify so u can use it on another frame? if not something like that would be a time saver forsure. u know goto edit image, click color identify tool it saves it into memory so if u open another frame its saved somehow, so u can use this color on another frame obviously if the same palette is selected.
had to edit my post and ask another something...

in windows paint, u can cut and copy things from pictures, u know select any part of a image u want and copy it onto something else. is there a way u can do this in pinball browser, where u go edit image select part of it copy it into "memory" then go to another image and paste what u just copied... that would save a tons of time surely, i mean right now im busy coloring frame by frame, but alot of things are the same so i tend to have to color parts that i already did in the previous image over and over, to just copy and paste would take a second.

1 week later
#1758 8 years ago

Hi Oga83! Just checking in... any update on Spike support?

Thanks!
Kevin

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

any update on Spike support?

I'm still testing the new PB version.
It fully supports Spike and it's worth waiting for it

#1760 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It fully supports Spike and it's worth waiting for it

Awesome brother!!! Thank you!!!

#1761 8 years ago

I just downloaded the software. Im trying to play the sounds and get this error....anyone have this issue?

IMG_20150823_171604.jpgIMG_20150823_171604.jpg

#1762 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Which Windows version are you using ?
On some old versions like XP, you have to select another sound engine.
Try another "Sound Engine" in the advanced tab.

That fixed it

#1763 8 years ago

Any news on a possible Sega compatibility for this yet?

#1764 8 years ago

I spent my weekend working with Pinball Browser on my POTC - it's a completely different game with the Klaus Badelt/Hans Zimmer scores! I have a few adjustments to make and I eventually want to replace the rival captain callouts with dialogue from the movies (Barbosa, Norrington, etc.) and maybe experiment with some color images on the display. Thanks for making this available!

#1765 8 years ago

Im uploading now....dying to hear how it will turn out

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

First of all, you should sort the list by "sound scripts", like this :
twd.png
It is easier to see where new sound scripts have been inserted (or older sound scripts deleted).
I have squared the new sound scripts on the right.
The corresponding macro is :
ShiftId,1,0x30,0x32
ShiftId,1,0x31,0x34
This is only an example and I did not check the other changes further in the list (536 scripts have been added between those 2 versions !).

00-temp-pb.png00-temp-pb.png

i haven't been able to get the shiftid command to work ..no matter what shifts i put in on walking dead 1.41 , i get an error. Has anybody used this before with success.

ShiftId,1,0x35,0x36
ShiftId,1,0x37,0x38
ShiftId,1,0x39,0x3B
ShiftId,1,0x3D,0x40
ShiftId,1,0xA7C0,0xA7F
ShiftId,1,0x1C4B,0xC93

These are the shifts i found.

#1767 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

ShiftId,1,0xA7C0,0xA7F
ShiftId,1,0x1C4B,0xC93

These 2 ones are out of range.
I did not check in the game but you probably meant :
ShiftId,1,0xA7C,0xA7F
ShiftId,1,0xC4B,0xC93

#1768 8 years ago

Wow. Had no idea this was brought to life by a Pinsider. Awesome !
So where do I send my $10 ?
Thanks for doing this Oliver !

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wow. Had no idea this was brought to life by a Pinsider. Awesome !
So where do I send my $10 ?
Thanks for doing this Oliver !

Open the application. When you click the license link, you'll find the PayPal info.

#1770 8 years ago

Thanks VT Steve.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

These 2 ones are out of range.
I did not check in the game but you probably meant :
ShiftId,1,0xA7C,0xA7F
ShiftId,1,0xC4B,0xC93

every one of them gives an error. separate or together

Seems simple enough , but doesnt work . must be something wrong i am doing. I did make a mistake with the previous numbers i posted.

thanks for your help.

pb_error_macro_shift.pngpb_error_macro_shift.png

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

every one of them gives an error. separate or together
Seems simple enough , but doesnt work . must be something wrong i am doing.

The explanation is on your screenshot : you are using an old version of Pinball Browser (v4.36) and "ShiftId" has been introduced in version v4.38.
Just download the latest version and it will work fine

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The explanation is on your screenshot : you are using an old version of Pinball Browser (v4.36) and "ShiftId" has been introduced in version v4.38.
Just download the latest version and it will work fine

doh!

doh.jpgdoh.jpg

#1774 8 years ago

Has anyone used pinball browser with Iron Man Vault Edition IMVE ? I've looked at the code and during the start-up query where the message box pops up to ask about "check for bookmarks online" it didn't find any sound bookmarks.

the first request I know for sure I'm looking for is:
the one that plays during 'Game Over' screen (after Match sequence)

i'm also looking for the attract sound- i don't have the game yet just getting prepared for when I do...

1 week later
#1775 8 years ago

How do you edit wpc or white star system

1 week later
#1776 8 years ago
Quoted from tytydell:

How do you edit wpc or white star system

You can't do it with Pinball Browser

#1777 8 years ago

Pinball Browser v5 is ready
It is now compatible with Spike.
See OP for download link and change log.

The previous version was mainly designed for Sam and I had to rewrite 80% of the code to ease the support of new firmware formats (Spike in this version). That's why it took so long.
Even if a lot of tests have been made on this version, there might be some bugs. Let me know if you find one and I'll fix it.

Thanks to pinsider TheKreator for his tests on Spike
and to pinsider Sirlonzelot for his tests on Sam !

Spike.pngSpike.png

#1778 8 years ago

Now that's great news. Thanks for all of your work.

#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The previous version was mainly designed for Sam and I had to rewrite 80% of the code to ease the support of new firmware formats (Spike in this version). That's why it took so long.
Even if a lot of tests have been made on this version, there might be some bugs. Let me know if you find one and I'll fix it.
Spike.png

Fantastic news

#1780 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Spike.png

Huge news! Old school Kiss here I come. Thanks!!!!!

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Huge news! Old school Kiss here I come. Thanks!!!!!

I'm an idiot, because I immediately was wondering why you'd want to make your machine sound like the Bally version.

#1782 8 years ago

For Kiss, I synched the song names to bookmarks online. Enjoy and thanks Oga!

#1783 8 years ago

This is great news for Kiss owners! I need a crash course on this or if there is anyone that can help me with some changes that would be much appreciated.

A big thanks to those who put the time in to make this possible!!!!

#1784 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Did Stern not even attempt to use encryption in their new Spike system?

#1785 8 years ago

Don't worry, JJP's encryption schemes are more than enough to make up for that. Not a soul will get in!

#1786 8 years ago

Encrypt what? The Software or the 3rd party IP?
I mean really... who wants 24khz mono stereo files?
Encryption means wasted resources on Decryption... I don't see the value of encrypting the files myself.

#1787 8 years ago

That is great news. I changed out songs on my MET and ACDC and would love to swap out a few songs on my new Kiss Pro. I will be modding it up pretty sweet and a few custom songs is icing on the cake. I wonder why they didn't put "Heavens on fire ". Thats a great song for pinball.

#1788 8 years ago

Great job as always Oga

#1789 8 years ago

Is it still not possible to change my wms medieval madness logo into medieval castle.?
Any one?.

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Is it still not possible to change my wms Medieval Madness logo into medieval castle.?
Any one?.

No, you will need to completely re-write the ROM. Meaning, change the platform out for a P3 or other system.

#1791 8 years ago

Looking forward to changing a couple of songs on KISS. The challenge will be matching up the length of the replacement songs to the stock ones. Also I cant believe there is no You wanted the best... call out. I will have to find some place for that.

#1792 8 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

Looking forward to changing a couple of songs on KISS. The challenge will be matching up the length of the replacement songs to the stock ones. Also I cant believe there is no You wanted the best... call out. I will have to find some place for that.

What songs are you going to change ? What are you going to replace them with? Heavens on fire is one i want to change with black diamond.

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

What songs are you going to change ? What are you going to replace them with? Heavens on fire is one i want to change with black diamond.

Probably taking out Black Diamond and Love it Loud. Replacement candidates are Strutter, I Was Made For Lovin You, Heavens on Fire, and Psycho Circus.

#1794 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

For starters i would at least replace the current songs with the original recordings.

#1795 8 years ago

New to pinball browser so I gotta get up to speed. I plan to add Shock Me and Cold Gin for sure. And I can't believe the game is not coded for when you hit the start button it should have the call out "You Wanted the best you got the best...."

Now I can see making numerous versions with lots of song changes, call outs from numerous live recordings and movies as well.

#1796 8 years ago

An idea just came to me so I will ask the question........there are tons of songs that could be added......I am not sure of the memory limitations would allow for this or how hard it would be to write simple code but could a future update for pinball browser be to say store say like 20 songs and upon boot up or even start of a game songs would be randomly selected for game play? Only 2 songs in Kiss make sense to always be there. This would allow more random songs without having to change your code every time you wanted to change songs.......maybe even add custom call outs to be random as well? Is this something that is even possible?

#1797 8 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Is this something that is even possible?

Quick answer is No.
Great idea though.

#1798 8 years ago

I have started a dedicated KISS sound topic. Hopefully we can work together to come up with some good ideas

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-kiss-sounds-with-pinball-browser#post-2701117

#1799 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, you will need to completely re-write the ROM. Meaning, change the platform out for a P3 or other system.

Incorrect on a few points. P-ROC, not p3. Also if you only want to change a few logos, you could hack the ROMs, but the genuine WPC-95 board would fail to boot the hacked rom. If you replace the cpu board with a p-roc, you could load and run the hacked rom on pinmame...

#1800 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Incorrect on a few points. P-ROC, not p3. Also if you only want to change a few logos, you could hack the ROMs, but the genuine WPC-95 board would fail to boot the hacked rom. If you replace the cpu board with a p-roc, you could load and run the hacked rom on pinmame...

AFAIK, the logos are compressed (not bit-for-bit) so his new logo would need to take up the same or less space, otherwise other addresses referenced would need to be updated as well. Also AFAIK, there's no documentation on the bit sequence used in the ROM itself. (Though, something tells me it was a two-bit type, 0 - off, 1 dim1, 2 dim2, 3 on - though I don't remember where I found that or know that from.)

And, technically, changing the checksum is easy. I've done it many times. Changing the image, however, is a different story.

So, yes, I was wrong about the P-ROC, 'cuse me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 29.95
$ 49.99
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 39.00
There are 5,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.