By oga83

4 years ago

Stats

• 2,532 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by oga83
  • Topic is favorited by 579 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 212 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MET - flaming eye.gif
met-combo (resized).JPG
export (resized).png
sw089 (resized).png
TOMJONES (resized).jpg
ACDC Juke Template (resized).jpg
repo (resized).png
36150 (resized).png
Titans-Return-Soundwave-040 (resized).jpg
highscores (resized).jpg
IMAG0520 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170421-180051 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.51.50 PM (resized).png
Ghostbusters (resized).png
batman (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 2532 posts in topic. You are on page 35 of 51.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love the "yet" followed by the winkie!
I can't tell you how important Pinball Browser has become to me. Between Mustang and TWD, I have to say I seriously doubt that I would own either pin if it wasn't for the ability to add/modify sounds with this software.

Agreed!
I think stern should hit the 'contribute with paypal' button!

#1702 2 years ago

For the record , there is no way i would have bought nib metle and twdle without pinball browser.

It's the modern age, consumers want more from their products.

thanks OGA!

#1703 2 years ago

I agree.
This software is huge for TWD.
I also liked it for AC/DC.
I don’t think I would have bought TWD without it.

#1704 2 years ago

Is there video of someone's TWD with altered call outs? (Yes I'm too lazy to search atm)

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there video of someone's TWD with altered call outs? (Yes I'm too lazy to search atm)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

cheers to laziness

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a video out that explains how to change the songs?

#1707 2 years ago

I have pinbrowser set up at my office for quick checking of things and tried to play an audio file. It just tells me it can't play the audio file. What would cause this?

Im running 4.13 here.

#1708 2 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I have pinbrowser set up at my office for quick checking of things and tried to play an audio file. It just tells me it can't play the audio file. What would cause this?
Im running 4.13 here.

It can happen on old Windows versions.
Try another sound engine (advanced tab).

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It can happen on old Windows versions.
Try another sound engine (advanced tab).

Thanks, that did the trick.

#1710 2 years ago

Spike is coming
Spike1.png

Some more :
Spike2.png

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Spike is coming
Spike1.png (Click image to enlarge)
Some more :
Spike2.png

Awesome! Will you be able to display the LE's LCD footage?

#1714 2 years ago

Oga83.......You my friend make me so happy, I could seriously cry. You have done more for pinball than anyone individual I can think of. The ability to customize your machine to your liking is huge........I cannot thank you enough. Nick

#1715 2 years ago

Did anything more happen with the Whitestar system being supported in this software?

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

If you have saved your macros, you can adjust them when a new firmware is released by adding "ShifId" lines.
The syntax is as follow :
ShiftId,[Type],[OldId],[NewId]
where :
- [Type]=0 for images, 1 for sounds scripts
- [OldId] is the first object to be shifted (all the following ones will also be shifted until a new ShiftId tells otherwise)
- [NewId] is the corresponding new id. The keyword "ignored" can also be used to tell that the specified object (and the following ones until a new ShiftId tells otherwise) does not exist anymore.

For example, a list of macros designed for AC/DC LE can be adjusted for AC/DC Pro by adding the following lines at the beginning (to keep it simple, this is only for images, some lines would be needed for the sounds) :
ShiftId,0,0x5a1,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x5ab,0x5a1
The first line means that the image 0x5a1 (and the following ones) in the LE does not exist in the Pro
The second line means that all images starting at 0x5ab in the LE are at position 0x5a1 in the Pro

twd 119 to 124 sounds.png

This is Walking Dead LE 1.24 and 1.19 side by side. New sound positions are on the left and the Millhouse TWD version is on the right. Personally, i cannot see a "shift" pattern that makes sense, but i don't know a lot about how these things work. Is this a simple shift or have they changed sound script positions to the point of having to examine everything line by line again.

Just one example of many script position changes i am hoping look simple to a smarter person .

Hoping to come up with a re-mapping solution.

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Personally, i cannot see a "shift" pattern that makes sense

First of all, you should sort the list by "sound scripts", like this :
twd.png
It is easier to see where new sound scripts have been inserted (or older sound scripts deleted).

I have squared the new sound scripts on the right.
The corresponding macro is :
ShiftId,1,0x30,0x32
ShiftId,1,0x31,0x34
This is only an example and I did not check the other changes further in the list (536 scripts have been added between those 2 versions !).

#1718 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Oga83.......You my friend make me so happy, I could seriously cry. You have done more for pinball than anyone individual I can think of. The ability to customize your machine to your liking is huge........I cannot thank you enough. Nick

I agree. My Metallica Prem and ACDC Prem would not be in my collection if not for this man. THANK YOU!!!

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

First of all, you should sort the list by "sound scripts", like this :
twd.png
It is easier to see where new sound scripts have been inserted (or older sound scripts deleted).
I have squared the new sound scripts on the right.
The corresponding macro is :
ShiftId,1,0x30,0x32
ShiftId,1,0x31,0x34
This is only an example and I did not check the other changes further in the list (536 scripts have been added between those 2 versions !).

thank you .. i think there is a lot of shifting to be done. doh!

#1720 2 years ago

Pinball Browser is currently being modified and tested for WWE

#1721 2 years ago

Just sent a PM about helping with WWE!

1 week later
#1722 2 years ago

Pinball Browser will be able to display/replace videos
Spike3.png

#1723 2 years ago

thats GREAT!!

cant wait to see this for AC DC

#1724 2 years ago

YouTube link coming shortly to show custom videos actually playing on the LCD screen! I've created a few classic replacements which fit the Legends theme beautifully.

The video files are 320x240 at 20fps. The trick is getting the 20fps as Premiere doesn't support that format, so you have to get creative and export at either 15 or 24 as a JPG sequence, manually delete or copy some of the frames, then import the sequence into After Effects. After Effects actually does allow export at 20FPS into the final video file, which is great because I've built 3D logos and text to overlay on some retro VHS video clips.

This is really exciting and I can't thank oga83 enough for both allowing me to assist and test the software, and having developed a tool that gives us the ability to import our own content! The possibilities are endless for a game like WrestleMania, especially those of us with the LE and a love of classic pro wrestling!

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

YouTube link coming shortly to show custom videos actually playing on the LCD screen! I've created a few classic replacements which fit the Legends theme beautifully.

I can't wait to see the videos !

Quoted from TheKreator:

The video files are 320x240 at 20fps. The trick is getting the 20fps as Premiere doesn't support that format, so you have to get creative and export at either 15 or 24 as a JPG sequence, manually delete or copy some of the frames, then import the sequence into After Effects. After Effects actually does allow export at 20FPS into the final video file, which is great because I've built 3D logos and text to overlay on some retro VHS video clips.

Pinball Browser can convert the resolution but not the fps. You can import any video format supported by 'ffmpeg'. The result is better when the resolution is a multiple of 320x240 (like 740x480).
I tried to keep it easy to use : Just open the .spk file, import new videos and use the .spk file to upgrade your pinball machine.
Replacing videos is even easier than modifying sounds on Sam games

Quoted from TheKreator:

This is really exciting and I can't thank oga83 enough for both allowing me to assist and test the software, and having developed a tool that gives us the ability to import our own content! The possibilities are endless for a game like WrestleMania, especially those of us with the LE and a love of classic pro wrestling!

Thank you for the tests you are doing !
As I don't have access to a Spike machine, it's not easy to adjust Pinball Browser.

#1726 2 years ago

Here's a quick video showing the two new animations to replace the spinning WWE logo and WrestleMania logo in the attract mode! I have also created a retro Royal Rumble animation. Both WrestleMania and RoyalRumble are 1991-style!

» YouTube video

#1727 2 years ago

You mean new Videos for the WWE TFT ?!?

i thought you find a way to display real Videos at the smartdmd

#1728 2 years ago

This is fantastic TheKreator!!! Well done.

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

You mean new Videos for the WWE TFT ?!?
i thought you find a way to display real Videos at the smartdmd

It's on its way but I've been distracted by Spike

#1730 2 years ago

So Pinball browser will also be able to change out songs on the spike system too?

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It's on its way but I've been distracted by Spike

New 3D ultra HD dots

#1732 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

So Pinball browser will also be able to change out songs on the spike system too?

Yes

#1733 2 years ago

i want to colorize a WPC game

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Did anything more happen with the Whitestar system being supported in this software?

Regarding sounds... I thought the sounds for all DE, Sega, and Whitestar games were all left in an unencrypted file format that you can import directly to a program like audacity (.wav) to view and modify those sounds. (Little Endian, PCM format 8000 hz.) If this is correct with Whitestar, why can't you just modify the callout sounds on the EPROMs to the ones that you want to play?

I just confirmed that this works by importing the TSPP U17 ROM into Audacity, and adjusting the playback slider to a X0.18 speed. Works fine. U21, U36, U37 contain the rest of the audio. There are some cool snippets in there that was never used, for sure.

Some cool stuff here I'm working on fitting in with a trial run... http://www.lardlad.com/sounds.shtml
and here: http://www.thesoundarchive.com/simpsons.asp

#1735 2 years ago

It looks like this is getting flagged as a virus again by google and can't be downloaded...

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

It looks like this is getting flagged as a virus again by google and can't be downloaded...

You can download it, this is only a warning.
http://www.VirusTotal.com checks 57 virus databases and only finds 1 false positive ("Cyren").
I guess that's why Google Drive displays a warning but, unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about this.
[EDIT] I have filed a false positive report but I'm not sure they'll take it into acount

// Error: Image 418685 not found //

#1737 2 years ago

Hi Oga,

It cannot be downloaded anymore. This is what I get:

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus

Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

Grtz. Ronald

#1738 2 years ago

It works fine here, just downloaded 4.42.

#1739 2 years ago

My false positive report has just been taken into account.
Virustotal.com (Google subsidiary) is now all green
Google Drive is working fine.

#1740 2 years ago

Works here too ! Thanks !

2 weeks later
#1741 2 years ago

Someone reported to me that it is not possible to modify the "ABC" high scores on MTL with Pinball Browser.

The reason is that all these high scores point to the same unique "ABC" string into the firmware.
Thus, modifying the string for one high score impacts all the other ones that use the same string.
Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it.

The best method to backup/restore your high scores is to use the Backup/Restore functions in the "High Score" tab.
For more details, see the "Communication with your pinball" section in the original post.

#1742 2 years ago

I have a Met and I spent hours modifying the call outs using PBB, now Stern releases a code update. Is there a way to transfer all my changes over to the new code?

#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I have a Met and I spent hours modifying the call outs using PBB, now Stern releases a code update. Is there a way to transfer all my changes over to the new code?

You can adjust your macro by hand (modify the callouts ids) or you can use the "ShiftId" :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/34#post-2330619

1 week later
#1744 2 years ago

I noticed some sounds mute the background music on The Walking Dead and some play on top of it. Is there a flag that can be set per sound or somewhere so it stops muting the music and just plays sounds on top?

#1745 2 years ago

Can someone let me know the script number in 1.64 for the ramp "justice for all" music? Seems to be missing on my pinbrowser modification. Thanks

#1746 2 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the High Scores section doesn't work on Metallica 1.64? i am running version 4.13 of pinball browser.

#1747 2 years ago

Great product. Good news about spike. Kiss could use some song adjustment!

#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Has anyone else noticed the High Scores section doesn't work on Metallica 1.64? i am running version 4.13 of pinball browser.

Do you mean this ?

#1749 2 years ago

Quick question....using Pinball Browser v4.42 for the first time. Running on a Mac OS X 10.10.4 via Crossover for Mac. No issues getting Pinball Browser up & running. Able to play different sound requests. Trying to swap out some songs on the MET v1.64 code. However when I try to import a song (24kHz-wav or MP3s) I'm getting this message.....

"This version of Pinball Browser does not have the Sound Edit features & it can only import 24kHz-Wav files! (If your file is a 24kHz-Wav, it will be imported with this version) Click on license in the main window for more informations."

When I click on Enter License button, all I see is an empty box for the License Key. So do I need a key to use Pinball Browser, and if so, how do I get one?

If not, I'm doing something wrong.

#1750 2 years ago

Anyone???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.50
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 189.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2532 posts in topic. You are on page 35 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside