1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Some shitty video of whiskey in a jar. Replaced unforgiven with it. It was super easy. Very excited to fully tweak my song list now.

Nice! both on modding, and the fact that you picked up a metallica.. I guess no projects for a while?

I'm loving this thread, now if I only had a modern stern to play around with code too

#383 10 years ago

Can we summarize (please correct me if I get anything wrong)

If you replace a song, and it's longer it gets cut off, if it's too short you get dead air at the end
I'm assuming if you replace animation, it has to be the same number of frames?

Not saying a retheme isn't impossible on existing Sterns, but beyond rules it could be somewhat limiting?

Maybe I'll play around with this and see if I can make some custom animation

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Looks like there is already a program for WPC games, surprised no one seems to have mentioned it here. Been in development for several years.

I played around with it that now that you mention it. Seems you can export images as ascii art (0,1,2,3 for shades of brightness), but I don't see anything that allows you to re-import it. Good to know there's at least someone working on something?

Also let's say that you were able to modify and save the bin file, I would imagine you would have to write to a new rom to try it out since there is no way of flashing via usb on any WPC?

1 week later
#556 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

How do you like this edit to the tilt sound clips?

The extreme curse mode, I love it!

1 year later
#1654 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

So the ACDC sound files play fine...but alot of the IM voice files are clipped off. Anyone know why they won't play the whole file?

has to be the same exact amount of time as the original sound otherwise it will cut it off at the point where the original sound ended i believe.

If the 2 sounds are "close" to the same length, you can always mess around with changing the tempo in audacity to match the length

2 months later
5 months later
#1925 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's no question exporting has lots of legit uses, from an end user perspective. But if removing it keeps things quiet then it's probably for the best. That's all I'm saying.

look at how many websites that youtube had to force takedowns for being able to save a video to mp3. yes there are ways around it (play video, record sound), but it certainly makes it tougher.

4 years later
#3502 4 years ago

oga83 I know it was once asked if anyone was interested in changing DMD frames on whitestar games. Is there still plans to do that?

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Moreover, this is difficult to acheive because the frames are compressed and a modified one is not guaranteed to fit in the roms

That's enough for me to not want to even attempt then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.