20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's a real bad advertisement for Nitro pinball / flipperfreak. Talk about not standing behind a sale. This isn't some bitchy nit-picky complaint, but a CLEAR problem with a warped playfield. This is the time when a quality destributor to support your claim is most needed and they bailed.
Ouch. Santa's naughty list got a little longer.

This is the first time I have ever heard anyone say a bad word about Tommy. I think the decades of him being known as a legend in the pinball community will balance out a single complaint on pinside.

#3211 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I mean, Tommy and I don't exactly get along... but that's no reason to completely ignore a customer with an obvious manufacturing issue like this.
Full disclosure:
I shopped around for the best price (as Momma taught me), Tommy didn't like that. I demanded that he honour his original quoted price when he tried to jack it up after months of waiting for the machine, Tommy didn't like that. In a past deal, he attempted to upcharge me because I wanted to pay by credit card (something that is illegal in Canada), I didn't like that.
So yeah, we aren't friends. But still, I paid my hard earned money for this machine, and I think he should step up. Instead, he has chosen to ignore multiple e-mails.
He sure got back to me quickly when I was sending money. But, that's how he has chosen to roll.

Karma is a bitch sometimes.

2 weeks later
#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

ROFL.
What a community!
Support the piece of shit and demonize the guy who paid 8 grand for a warped playfield.

Why can you not just take your shit to its own thread?

1 month later
#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

So apparently the Jaws license is just for the shark I think they should do a Sharknado pin instead

How could it be just for the Shark? I guess you mean the name and the a Shark but nothing else from the movie? Also when it comes to licensing people should really be clear that Stern is only willing to pay for a limited license.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#5151 4 years ago

You're a few years late to the title generator.

Quoted from KLR2014:

Just seen on FB, pinball paparazzi[quoted image]

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
3 months later
#6959 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yeah I got the same number from my guy. Must be an amazing pin

You guys aren't messing around they are asking for $8299 for this?

#7014 4 years ago

I'm in the TWD to GotG is a major downgrade, TWD has super deep engaging code and GotG is just Groot multiball endlessly.

#7019 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You running .62 launch code? That’s isn’t the case with the current code. If you are trying to score big or progress to cherry bomb etc. Groot all day isn’t the strategy. Not saying GOTG is as deep as TWD, but it’s for sure not Groot all day.

We used to have a TWD in the office and they replaced it with GotG, not sure what code its running. There may be better ways to score on GotG but it is so easy to start Groot I just always end up in it and can't be bothered with much else. I'm not very hard core with strategy though but there is really no need to be with GotG. There is no comparison for me between the two games, I used to play TWD every day I played GotG for a week or two and haven't looked at it in months.

1 week later
#7170 4 years ago

Some of those pictured would be hard to resist, Blade Runner, Die Hard and From Dusk Till Darn might actually make me risk a NIB Stern. The theme that would 100% get my money is....
PF.jpgPF.jpg

11 months later
#14111 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

GOT Pr Vault for me with new hand drawn art. Wishful thinking.

If any pin deserves a redo it's that one, Stern has some ugly pins but for me there is no bigger miss than GOT.
That pin also deserves a co-op/multiplayer that you can double cross and screw people over.

#14123 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GOTLE is a beautiful game. (The cabinet...not the playfield.) But yeah...I'd love a LCD display done on that game, and perhaps a revised playfield.

Beautiful is subjective and I can accept that people think its a beautiful pin. That being said it could not be farther away from the theme, setting and feel of the books/show. It's like someone said lets colorize Schindlers List, it just completely misses the point. Personally that pin looks like it was done by someone that never saw an episode or read a chapter.

#14303 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s more involved than that. The pentagon allowed for millions of dollars worth of Jets and aircraft carries to be used in the film in exchange for early access to and rights to alter the script prior to filming, which they did. The military industrial complex basically turned ‘Top Gun’ into an American war propaganda film. It’s a little known fact but it’s true.

Just out of curiosity how did all the homoerotica stuff get in the movie? It just seems odd if they had rights to the script they where ok with all of that especially at the time. Was it some kind of trade off like we agree to military propaganda so long as we get all the soft gay stuff and the movie still ends with you can ride my tail anytime I came out of the the theatre at like 15 thinking well that was weird.

#14307 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I always interpreted the volleyball scene as an attempt to draw in the teenage female audience as well. The film clearly was geared and more appealing to a male audience with the theme and action.

Oh it was geared to a male audience there is no doubt about that. Was it just the stereotype of the navy? It runs through the entire film. I’m not familiar with the history was it during the whole don’t ask don’t tell of the US military?

#14311 3 years ago

First I think it’s a great movie and there is no negative connotation. There are a thousand breakdowns on the film. Tarantino has an entire monologue on the subject. I didn’t realize it was influenced by the military so it surprised me they approved it at the time.

#14314 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I would take Tarantino's opinions on it with a grain of salt. My apologies to any of his fans on this thread but as far as I'm concerned, that dude is kind of out there.

Of course he is out there, it’s what makes his movies amazing. My point was only the homoerotic subplot is as much a part of pop culture as the movie itself. This isn’t some obscure conspiracy or a secret it’s a widely accepted theme of the film. If they could afford it, it would be on as double feature with the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

#14318 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You keep going down this path but what you are referencing has mostly been a running joke about the volleyball scene. I already told you why they likely threw that in. I have no idea where you're coming from with the rest of it.

Fair enough. Just found it interesting that the military influence was a surprise to me. I’m Canadian though so none of that aspect existed for me but the other side did. Funny cultural difference.

P.S. I wasn’t trying offend or insult anyone was just shooting the breeze and will let this get back to speculating what’s next from Stern.

#14406 3 years ago

I think the TWD is a great looking pin I really don't get all the hate it gets for how it looks. It's downright beautiful compared to some of the disasters Stern has done. On the other side I just don't get the love fest it gets for it's rules and code. I dunno what I'm missing as I played it a lot but it always felt very linear and repetitive.

#14453 3 years ago

Man I really wish Pinball could move up a couple of decades. I kick tires of every new machine. Star Wars and Dead Pool had the most potential for me. These days it’s going to take a Pulp Fiction or John Wick to get my money. I might be convinced by Toy Story but it would have to be pretty amazing base model. Jaws is not horrible and my wife loves it but it’s not something I’m excited about. It would just end up on my one day used list. The right band from the 90s could get it done.

#14459 3 years ago

Bond is an interesting theme, I just don't think they can afford it. If they managed to get both the assets and do a playfield with some kind of crazy bond gadget or a car that has an ejector seat or pop out machine gun ball shooter it would be amazing. I just think we end up with some bare bones license on a machine that could be anything. I would actually prefer a fully licensed retro Goldeneye 64 pin that focused on amazing 4 player modes and that great soundtrack. Drop a Goldeneye with 4 player online and I can't give them money fast enough. LOL

#14471 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

You’re right with the bare bones call, much cheaper for Stern to go that route, with an original story and their in house animation team like JP.
Too much to ask for them to actually secure the proper assets and actually do the theme some justice.
For me there’s a lack of immersion when you’re playing through an animated story.
I don’t want to feel like I’m playing a computer game when I’m playing pinball.
I want Connery, Moore, Craig etc saying iconic lines in iconic scenes from the catalogue of amazing bond movies.
I’m still crossing my fingers that Kamikow can pull off the licensing deal, I’d be first in line for a Kapow Bond with all the assets and coded by Lyman. World under glass and 100% theme integration, count me in!
The list of cool toys & mechs are endless with a property that is build around cool gadgets.....
1) Jaws metal smile physical ball lock.
2) Aston Martin ejector seat VUK
3) Goldfinger laser diagonal captive ball (like Williams Indy)

Oh 100% I would prefer the real deal but if we are going to get a knock off then focus on the multiplayer. I think it makes more sense for Stern they seem really adverse to spending a lot on gadgets or mechs for a single title. The multiplayer stuff they could be part of every pin going forward, makes that investment a little more palatable for them. It just fits so well into Bond, being able to play against other people. Pick all those great villain's each with different perks. You could have modes that beating them shoots the other guys, disable flippers momentarily, or Bond can get drugged and make his flippers laggy and weird. You could have modes based on the Bond girls, if a villain wins they get killed Bond of course takes them to bed and it's all tied into multipliers. You could do car chase modes that the better your playing the faster you go, screwing up makes you crash. The possibilities are endless in the Bond universe.

I dunno how prominent my demographic is in the pinball market but if someone says Bond. This sounds is the first thing I think of and battling it out with my friends.

1 week later
#14778 3 years ago

I just do not get the Godzilla thing. It was kinda cool when your a kid because they were foreign and different. I just don't understand what they bring to the table today. I can tolerate Godzilla for hopefully less than 2 hours about once every 5 years when there is nothing else worth seeing.

#14834 3 years ago

Scooby Doo could actually be pretty cool with the right music and undertones. I can't wait for the mod that there is a blast of smoke out of the pin when the Mystery Machine doors open.

2 weeks later
#15549 3 years ago

The Shadow is awesome as a theme because it was awesome long before the movie. I assume that is why everyone removes the movie referenced back glass. The same can't be said for Godzilla.

#15557 3 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

I'm going with Kapow Harry Potter based on LOTR retheme. Given the history with Gomez and the ease of incorporating existing elements (Path of the Dead = Quidditch pitch, large array of characters to collect, 6 modes plus destroy the ring = 7 horcruxes, etc.). Maybe not this round but when it happens, that's my guess.

Please no, I think LOTR is great but the idea of taking a brand like Harry Potter and going yeah lets just do a quick easy retheme... Harry Potter is just to massive not to go all in with the super pin. This is Stern though and I can totally see them going it will sell anyway and just spending the least time and effort possible

#15577 3 years ago

Harry Potter is another theme that was great before the Movies. Sure it would be nice to have the full movie license on the pin at the same time it's not all necessary. The theme song is really all you need. Been plenty of video games that get by without the movie license. I would prefer the callouts done by the audio book voice actor.

4 weeks later
#17142 2 years ago

To me deep and complex are not the same thing. I am super happy with lots of modes that are simple. To me that's a deep game, it still takes a lot of effort and time to work your way through. Complex rules, when you have to do this then that, stack this over that with 50X multiplier and only do this if you do that, I just can't be bothered.

I love BSD, it has very simple rules, it really only has 2 modes and 3 multiballs. It is still amazing when you blow it up and I keep going back for more.

I enjoy AC/DC but I could not care less about score on it. It is just too much to figure out. I just enjoy working my way through the songs to try and get to encore. It's a pin that works both ways, I guess.

I love Star Trek it feels deep but simple, lots to do and super easy to follow.

#17585 2 years ago

I really wish I fit better into the pinball market. I don't know if I missed the window by a couple of years or what but these pins are killing me. I'm just so done with Marvel, Star Wars, Baby Dead Pool, TMNT, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Elvira, The Munsters now we are talking Rush. I'm Canadian and that shit makes my ears bleed. Does no one like Scorsese, Tarantino or Kuberick, how about a Blade Runner or Gattaca. How about any band that was pissed off in the 90s.

1 month later
#18779 2 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

An upcoming Stern machine:

That trailer is amazing but that's all I need. Nice little 80's flashback, to the days of latch key kids and freedom after school. Dear god don't give Stern any ideas, they will be on this like a fat kid on a Smartie.

2 years later
#44390 3 months ago

With the new Indy game coming out, the timing would make sense. Didn't Stern teamup with a video game on Maiden and get all the assets from the game?

#44394 3 months ago

I'm not really a fan of a first person camera for Indy, just give me Indy skinned Uncharted and take my money. It does look good but would be much better 3rd.

#44453 3 months ago

Tony Hawk would be amazing, if they did something like 1/4 pipe into the back box with targets and some type of edge or rail with switch that you had to try and shoot and slide the ball along. Would stern ever do complicated mechs like that... no chance, for that reason it would be a complete waste. Killer sounds track if they could get the license but again they wouldn't.

#44627 86 days ago

If there is ever a Pokemon it is an absolute must that one of the balls looks just like a pokeball and you can only catch when it is in play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
10,250 (OBO)
$ 15.00
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.