20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8474 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Gonna see if I can break pinside's all-time downvote record. Ghostbusters was an overrated, average comedy, carried entirely by prime Bill Murray's screen presence and swagger. 2016 reboot was a perfectly fine popcorn flick.

3ECDB185-A80C-4764-87A5-D3CEDDFB3250 (resized).jpeg3ECDB185-A80C-4764-87A5-D3CEDDFB3250 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I second that !!!

3rd!

3 weeks later
#8814 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looks like Kaneda is calling the next stern pin.
QUEEN
Any thoughts?[quoted image]

If this is true I have a major problem. No room, yet I need it.

#9051 3 years ago

Sharks everywhere this time of year...

ebay.com link: 0

D63BF4B6-DAD2-4CCD-BD03-F249333847E6 (resized).pngD63BF4B6-DAD2-4CCD-BD03-F249333847E6 (resized).png
#9131 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Not disagreeing, however, if 2 is true wouldn't there have been a Tron VE by now?

From what I understand Tron was a bad earner on location. It was a surprise for me to hear that because I would always pump quarters into it. I guess were a niche group here on Pinside.

3 weeks later
#10096 3 years ago

Brady Bunch. Marcia-Marcia-Multi Ball.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10119 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Avengers shooter rod?
Anyone know if it is up for sale yet?

None of the accessories are available for sale yet, but you can put in a pre-order at Little Shop of Games.

2 months later
#11391 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How about a vault edition of AC/DC vault edition?? Late to pinball and really want an AC/DC lol
Motley Crue I think would be one of the best music pins ever! Just cover Too Fast for love, Shout at The Devil, Theatre of Pain, Dr Feelgood, and Girls Girls Girls and you would have some killer songs and art work.

They’ve done it before (vaulting a vault), so it’s possible. I mean they’re still selling Iron Man, but it’s all about still having the license though.

#11393 3 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

If they moved away from licensing, do you think much of their market disappears? Some of the most renown pins are unlicensed; Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Theatre of Magic, Whitewater... If a pin is good, it can transcend the license.

I think you would lose a lot of casuals. And Stern is a self described lifestyle brand now, so I don’t see it happening.

#11452 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. Not happening.

Playing devils advocate here, what makes you so sure it’s not happening?

#11458 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I want it to happen as much as anyone. There is a particular cadence of credible rumors when Stern gets a big license (LZ, JP, etc) and that hasn't been there with BTTF. Even some on here that are considered generally in the know have said that it is highly unlikely.
That combined with the historical challenges with the license make it unlikely. Tieing it to a movie that isn't real (BTTF4) makes no sense either. I hope it happens, but I don't think it will at this point.

Gotcha, fair enough. I think the biggest push to this rumor was that line by Kaminkow on the podcast, but that’s all theres really been, and I agree with you that’s not enough to hang your hat on. BTTF 4 or a reboot is never gonna happen so long as the Bobs are alive. They have been quoted as saying so.

I would like to see it happen too. I have the original Data East game because I’m a huge fan of the franchise and pinball. It’s a huge movie, one of few “perfect” movies in existence and recognizable by almost everyone on the planet. I’d argue that if they were to make a pin, it would outpace and outsell Avengers IQ. One would think that Stern would want to make this game, but to do it right you need the assets which I’m willing to bet is the issue, as others have mentioned already. Beyond the title, you need MJF, Lloyd, the Delorean, and the music at the very least, and most likely Biff because a villain would help beyond the “return to 1985” angle. Regardless, they would have to do justice to the franchise, or don’t do it at all. I’m sure the Bobs would agree.

#11468 3 years ago

Well, 19 hours after my last post, I unexpectedly sold my BTTF to a friend who was helping me move a new game in. Already miss it, kind of regret it, but got good money for it. Now I’d really like to see Stern unexpectedly make this title.

#11474 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You’re late, but all are welcome to join the party,(expecting BTTF since 2017)

Haha, I would be hands down in for an LE. Maybe we can will it into existence?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11486 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Some deep thoughts for today ....

We have seen lots of “signs” that BTTF pinball is in the design queue and who knows, maybe it will be ready for release this year. Expectations are the game will be based on first movie. For anyone thinking it should include the 2 sequels, sorry to burst your bubble, it isn’t happening for financial reasons. No reason for Stern to license 3 titles when all they needs is one, unless forced to as a condition of licensing. Now, let’s begin the fun.

The game is released in Dec as expected, however it captures everyone by surprise because:
1) it is based on the comic book. Nobody considered Stern might do this, in spite of their history of designing superhero pins and releasing comic version artwork on others. Maybe it comes out in comic book style only. It would be pretty cheap to license the BTTF title and then photoshop comic artwork onto the playfield and cabinet. Stern would need to recreate similar art for video assets and would hire sound-alike voice actors. Why would Stern go to all this effort instead of just licensing the damn movie? If it saved them money, Stern might decide it was smart. Or maybe they just like doing things the hard way.

2) it is based on the video game and Stern licenses the rights to use those assets. This would be the quickest route and maybe cheapest overall. The entire trilogy is already designed, with virtual assets and the complete cast of sound-alike voice actors. Stern wouldn’t need to create much content - maybe some specific callouts, status screens and high score screens.

3) it is based on movie 1 and dialog can be sliced and used as seen fit - might be the best option possible.

4) it is based on trilogy (the holy grail) and dialog can be sliced and used as seen - all is well in la la land.

Now that we’ve considered some sources for content, execution and art style - what would you do if BTTF pin was released using options 1 or 2 instead of 3? Would you lose interest or become more interested? Maybe you wouldn’t care one way or the other? I’d be most interested in option 3, but would be intrigued almost equally by options 2 and 4. All are dynamic content already as opposed to option 1 which begins as static images.

I have the comics, I have the Telltale game too. I’d be in regardless, like the previous poster said, anyway I can get it.

I don’t see why having a license to all 3 movies would cost more than 1? I would love to see elements from all 3, so option 4 is my dream scenario.

1 week later
#11690 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I know there is really no basis for this, but every time someone mentions it the hairs on my balls stand up! BTTF and Star Wars are my dream themes. Bring it!

Lol same here

#11985 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

If I could have a beer with a pinsider of my choice it would definitely be mnpinball.
He seems to have a crystal ball and is always correct. Who is he ????

Seriously, I need this man to confirm or deny a future for BTTF.

1C0CD03F-0ACA-43EA-A395-A55D13EA4A4D (resized).png1C0CD03F-0ACA-43EA-A395-A55D13EA4A4D (resized).png
1 week later
#12411 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I took this photo standing outside the theater. You can see Godzilla himself is watching over the theater, lol.
[quoted image]

I see two future pins in that pic.

8 months later
#21537 2 years ago

Was not into the theme and therefore not a buyer, but the amount of tricks they put into the premium is pretty damn amazing. Wasn’t expecting that. Looking forward to playing this on location.

#21744 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

This is a sign of what’s to come….

Quoted from beltking:

That BTTF 4 is fake right? Bob Gale said no to 4

Quoted from Xdetroit:

I think it is fan made

It is fan made, but the footage is real. It’s a mix of an Argentina electronics store viral ad campaign as well as the movie, Ready Player One.

Quoted from PinMagnet:

When Bob Gale and Zemekis die, then we'll have a horrible BTTF4 movie that ruins the franchise. Can't wait.

Yup, Hollywood can’t wait.

#21761 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Stern already spent that dollar on the colored t-molding, finally matches color with the side armor for GZ.....

Blows my mind that they weren’t doing it with the very first LE they started powdercoating.

#21777 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

And also kind of strange that they didn't on AIQ...that should have been yellow

Yeah that was so glaringly obvious, I felt like there was no way Stern missed that opportunity by accident. Rather they must not have been ready to go color matched t-molding yet due to cost. Although I can’t see how that would drastically increase cost, but I’m also not in their business.

1 week later
#22038 2 years ago

That was fucking amazing! Thank you!

It really was

2 years later
#42323 5 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

That's correct. I trust Stern more than anyone to put together great code and layout and have an affordable at least entry point price. The idea that the company's rumored to have those even getting 2 of those three things right is laughable. And like they say on TV, For those reasons, I'm out. Yet still I mourn..

You summed up my feelings perfectly. I sold my very first pin, a restored BTTF DE, 3 years ago in the hopes Stern would eventually make one. And if they don’t, I’m out. Money saved, but sadness gained.

2 months later
#44459 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didnt play much Tony Hawk but it was a great series fo sho. Seems like a cool idea.
Now, before we start penciling in our dream journals, has any machine yet had a multi artist soundtrack yet...or is this just a thing we're inventing?

Off the top of my head, Mustang does.

#44552 88 days ago

If Metallica is remade/remixed/released for Spike, and successful, do we think AC/DC could be next? I’m sure Stern would be down, but would the band?

#44612 86 days ago

Would be funny if they just Lego-ized an existing pin like Star Wars. Much like the “Comic Art” version just reskin it, but also do alternate audio/video to match. Would be a cheap way for Stern to keep an aging game going IMO. They could do the same with Batman, but at that point just create a new game since that’s no longer on the line.

#44672 85 days ago

A Journey pin done like Foo Fighters could be awesome. Y'all don't like Journey?! Are we not middle aged men? Do our backs not hurt for no reason?

Actually, I think we know why our backs hurt

#44895 81 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's Borg, the irony would be if it was a mirror of his XMEN.

A mirror of X-Men is Tron… fire up those VE rumors boys

#44927 80 days ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

My vote is fix the stupid flipper gap on GB and sit back and watch the money roll in…
Brilliant game apart from that and the nigh on impossible right ramp on the premium.

Truth. I’ve never met a harder ramp to hit.

#45011 74 days ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

Skelator would be better.

Villain LE. Like they did on X-Men.

#45163 71 days ago
Quoted from judremy:

Why does the bottom cabinet need to be as deep as it is when nothing is in it. Only for the coin door and the art, so I can definitely seem them cutting some inches from the bottom cab.

Because then it would be a Zizzle

IMG_2020 (resized).pngIMG_2020 (resized).png
#45255 69 days ago
Quoted from judremy:

So removing some depth from the cabinet removes the LCD screen? Wow. Great argument. Look at it economically. This makes it smaller which means lower shipping costs for Stern. Also, they can put more in a container to go overseas because they are smaller. I think it is a smart move. Most people just can't deal with change.

Wasn’t talking about the head/LCD, I was referring to the bottom half of the game cabinet itself. It looks like a kids toy in my opinion and it looks weird without a coin door. Also I’d have to imagine it would be super light and therefore easier to steal and accidentally nudge. But you are right, I am a traditionalist and like the classic pinball shape so I’m inherently biased.

#45266 68 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Also Stranger Things re-run

Aren’t these still available right now?

#45422 62 days ago

Really surprised there hasn’t been a Fast & Furious pin. There’s been 11 movies since 2000 and it just prints money at the box office whether you like them or not. I guess the thought is that those viewers are not pin people, and Mustang didn’t sell well so maybe car themes are dead.

Signed,
Car lover and F&F fan who also likes pinball

#45437 62 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. Perfect out of the box (first time I can say that about a Stern), and fun as hell. Only bothers me that the ball can get trapped when the shark goes under and you have to wait for ball search.

That happens on my IM too.

#45484 61 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You are usually pretty knowledgeable, but I wish people would stop perpetuating that rumor. The game came out in 2014 specifically for the 50th anniversary of the first Ford Mustang. Camilo Pardo was contracted by Stern for the three different sets of translites and cabinet art because of the work he did in Ford's Advance Design studio. All Mustang pros built on April 17, 2014 had a special plate added in commemoration of the Ford Mustang's April 17, 1964 public debut. A row of seven Mustang pros were in the Ford booth at the February 2014 Chicago Auto Show, each set up with a special game code of two minute timed multiball play, to allow as many show visitors as possible to try the games.
[quoted image]

They also had a row at the New York Auto Show that same year. Still the coolest unexpected thing I’ve ever seen at the show.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't think they'd go to the Wesley Snipes well, but if the new Blade movies are good that would be a fun pinball theme. Vampire hunting as an action/horror theme

Agreed. Like Williams Dracula on crack.

Quoted from Nicholastree:

2024 is the 35th Anniversary of the Simpsons... a show that is STILL running and has attracted young viewers from three generations. Along with Pokemon, I have to think it's one of the most profitable titles Stern could produce this year. And while I wouldn't be a buyer based on theme alone, it's a theme that definitely has me reaching for the wallet in anticipation.

An updated take on Simpsons with tons of video assets would be super cool. They can even theme it to make it stand out from the other offerings by doing Treehouse of Horror.

lXhuw-g3oqgeyejevdmar3cwzxeskx (resized).jpeglXhuw-g3oqgeyejevdmar3cwzxeskx (resized).jpeg
#45542 58 days ago

Why no IJ? Agreed no one wants the new movies, but you’re telling me a game based on the first 3, or even just the 1st one wouldn’t sell? The new video game that’s in the works had some big hype surrounding it on social media when that first trailer dropped. People still want Indy, IMO.

#45562 57 days ago

Ahhh, Mission Impossible, another franchise that has endured the test of time. You got the TV show, you got the movies (which are still being made going on almost 25 years now), tons of action and similar to Bond in theme. How can Stern go wrong?

I’d assume it’d be loosely based on the movies, mainly because I have not seen the TV show syndicated (no pun intended) on TV for a long long time now. Yes its likely available to stream somewhere, but the franchise is more recognizable attached to Tom Cruise these days.

Regardless, make MI happen Stern!

1 week later
#45725 47 days ago
Quoted from Jsslade:

Does EHOH count?

Only if Deadpool does

1 month later
#46772 8 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Stern may have some new vaults that are mashups of previous pins. First one out may be The Walking Dead-pool, to be followed by Iron Man-dalorian.

My reaction after reading this…
IMG_4963.gifIMG_4963.gif

#46874 5 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Sure, but the only hit in there is Metallica.
I'm not saying he isn't capable of making a good game, but I would also say he has plenty of clunkers

I’m sorry, what?

#46905 5 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

His point stands. Look at John Borgs work. He has 50 game designs (though MANY are rehashed)
He has a few great games for sure but I feel like if I made 50 games, even I would have a couple hits.

I was more questioning him saying TWD, Tron, Iron Man and TMNT weren’t hits.

-At one time TWD was considered one of the last best DMD era games, still clamoring to be remade, and market price is insane
-Every day someone posts something about Tron being remade and market price is insane
-IM was in production for over 10 years
-TMNT gets mixed reviews, but it’s still selling

Just saying, how can someone say these games are not hits? Regardless if you like the game or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=evileye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.