Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slcpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

282 posts in this topic match your search for posts by slcpunk2113. You are on page 1 of 2.
#577 7 years ago

I would kill for a Goonies pin. Soooo many good call out opportunities!

3 years later
#8554 3 years ago

Rocky Horror Picture Show by Halloween.

1 week later
#8707 3 years ago

Are we sure it’s not going to be Bill and Ted’s?

1 month later
#9582 3 years ago

AAAAAnd It's Avengers!

#9928 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I mean, as long as we're digging up old ZY stuff, Ghost Rider pin!
[quoted image]

If by Ghost Rider you mean Queens of the Stone Age. I’m in.

2 weeks later
#10182 3 years ago

I love this thread because it’s never ending speculation. Much better than the never ending shit talking threads. I will say I don’t think many had Avengers being next up on their bingo card. Stern is getting better a keeping tight lips. Used to believe Keneda’s podcast but now I see he’s just guessing like the rest of us. Guessing game is half the fun!

#10205 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

I think the days of Kaneda or over. Cary Hardy is feeding his fans and doing a good job.

Aww yes. The section of pinheads who hate pinball. Interesting lot.

Saw that Netflix is looking to produce a Legend Of Zelda series with Tom Holland eyed for lead. Finally a real path to victory for a LoZ pin!!! A boy can dream...

#10223 3 years ago

Stern hasn’t released a game to coincide with expo in ages. Wouldn’t get my hopes up.

#10248 3 years ago

Well... it’s official this is the only speculation thread worth visiting.

#10267 3 years ago

1. Pokemon (strictly for financial reasons)
2. Beastie Boys
3. Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Beetlejuice

#10291 3 years ago

Stern has never done basic art packages unless there has been a restrictive license like Star Wars and even then we got comic edition later.

1 week later
#10377 3 years ago

If you like paying a premium price for a stripped down game GnR is for you!

#10391 3 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

I think it would be great to make a very accepting pin. How about the Queer Eye guys. Basically, you would have to collect all 7 dudes to start Makeover Multiball. During the multiball, they take you to get a new wardrobe, hair, mani/pedi, etc, and you come out with a new look and new confidence and 7 new friends.

Love me some Queer Eye but that sounds like a terrible pinball theme. There’s no crying or personal growth in pinball!!!

#10393 3 years ago

These games are scheduled way out. If a rock pin is next it’s because it was scheduled a year or so ago. Keith is rumored to already be done with his next game and AIQ just came out.

#10396 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell are you talking about?Did we see the same SDTM intro video,I guess you can say the SE is stripped down compared to the LE and CE but not compared to most Sterns

Yes I’m talking about the SE and yes I’m saying that it as just as stripped down as a Stern Pro and has a worse price point.

#10433 3 years ago

JJP GnR doesn’t do anything for me personally. I think the hot rails are ugly and the gameplay is a snoozer. I also think having to hit seven shots just to hear music on a music pin is a big mistake especially for on location. Looks really cool (minus hot rails) but looks don’t make good pinball.

#10435 3 years ago

If Stern is doing a music pin next I’ll pass on that too. Unless it’s something interesting like a hip hop theme. Fine with me though pocket book is hurting this year anyway.

#10437 3 years ago

Either a troll or a hint. KMan said December 2020 for Jaws but he also said it would be an Elwin. Doubt we would see two Keith games back to back.

#10442 3 years ago

LZ will not do as well as GnR regardless of what the game is like. Zeppelin is a great band but the music isn’t as fit for pinball not to mention a generation older. I’d be happy for you guys who want it if it got made but it won’t be a huge success. Just facts.

#10443 3 years ago

As for the Jaws hat I hope that isn’t a troll. Trolling your die hard pinheads doesn’t make much sense from marketing perspective.

#10470 3 years ago

I want Jaws to be made because it’s my distributor’s dream theme. He’s a good guy and he deserves it. Come on stern!

#10486 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Mostly I am curious if there is going to be a new bar for number of tracks. Maiden has like 12 songs or something around there, right? With GnR at 21 I feel like any subsequent music pins are gonna have to up the ante. Luckily LZ's catalog is massive.

That’s not going to happen. Those choices are made because of licensing. GnR is a special case because Slash is into pinball. In normal situations you are negotiating with a record label for assets. 12 is going to be about as good as it gets.

#10562 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

If Elwin makes JAWS I will pay any price they ask. that would be HUGE!!!!!

That’s what the KMan said. Before years end but I really truly doubt it.

#10608 3 years ago

Or maybe Jason > Halloween > Nightmare Before Christmas.

#10609 3 years ago

Oh wait. Mike Meyers is Halloween. Let’s try that again... Jason > Camp Crystal Lake > Crystal meth > Breaking Bad! Confirmed.

#10653 3 years ago

But what is Munchkin code name for????

1 week later
#10737 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

BTTF has to have Huey Lewis and The News. It wouldn't be BTTF without that music! Would also be awesome if they could somehow work in the greatest rendition of Earth Angel of all time!

Those rights should be dirt cheap!

#10754 3 years ago

Stern doesn’t get ideas for their multi million dollar pinball empire from pinside.

#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They don’t not look at free market research from one of the hobby’s biggest enthusiast groups.
I’m sure there is a lot of eye rolling, face palms, and exasperated sighing though.

If they get inspiration it’s from the home brew pages. Certainly not the let’s shout out themes I wish were made pages. Although I do love shouting out themes I wish would be made. Nirvana! The Amory Wars!!!

#10774 3 years ago

I just play the megalodon mode on DP whenever I want to play Jaws.

#10807 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Champion Pub already kinda did that and it wasn't much fun.

Champion Pub is very fun but just not for a long time. Everyone loves CP on their first play but their 20th...

#10834 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well on the one hand, dates in licensing contracts are likely set in stone. Or a bugger (read $$) to change after the fact.
Also when you talk about pushing the next release back, you're really saying that Stern has to shift their whole ~3 year production timeline out. Because if their typical fall release gets bumped to January, than the winter release gets bumped, and then the spring, and etc... All of those games also having their own hard dates being planned out years in advance.

This is exactly it. They have a release schedule for several reasons and at some point they’re going to have to step on each other a bit to get back on track.

#10835 3 years ago

Is Gomez still designing at all? After renting Deadpool for the last month I want more Gomez in my life! Also I want an Elwin and Sexton team up. Let’s goooo

#10869 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

As much as I know they are not as huge as other bands, Muse would make a fantastic music pin. Between their random sci-fi/conspiracy leanings, crazy art stylings and killer live show (including a few DVDs to pull footage from) it could be a great option for a modern band to be represented.

They play stadiums. Can’t get much bigger than that.

#10973 3 years ago

So LZ is next for sure?

#11002 3 years ago

I don’t think BTTF is actually happening. I think it’s just wishful thinking like Jaws.

#11071 3 years ago

I’m happy when themes miss me. Don’t have enough money to buy 5 games a year.

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I like your well rounded collection.
I totally know what you mean by unwanted themes as I totally agree.

Still don’t have anything from JJP but hopefully that changes soon. Need to play a GnR SE before I decide on that one. Or I’m optimistic about Toy Story.

#11247 3 years ago

Pinside sets itself on fire every time they aren’t the target market for a release. It’s getting exhausting. I’m an operator with a decent collection. This coming out doesn’t offend me because it’s clearly not targeted at me. Same story with Heavy Metal, Primus, and Supreme. Are we just going to keep having the same conversation every six months?

#11257 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

New pinball in 2.5 hrs Big G to announce it....

Should we start a countdown clock like DR? Lol

#11372 3 years ago

Because they’re are already more TAFs than any other pinball machine ever.

#11377 3 years ago

How do people not grasp the concept of code names? Also Goonies license is with deeproot so hope those guys pull out a miracle and make one.

#11421 3 years ago

I'm calling Wednesday Deadflip stream.

#11434 3 years ago

Why do people talk about sales numbers when stern literally doesn't release those numbers?

#11450 3 years ago

So are we gunna see the normal Monday teaser. Tuesday trailer and Wednesday stream this week?

#11541 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

lol can't tell if you are making a joke here. i just hope the game is not crap because they spend so much to get the rights.

Stern makes good games. Sometimes they make GREAT games. You’ll never get a JJP style game from Stern. It’s just not what they do. If you think Stern games are “stripped down” because of licensing costs you’re listening to the wrong podcast. Stern delivers fast playing fun shooting games. Full of toys? Not usually but most games have unique features. What more can you ask?

#11544 3 years ago

I think most of these complaints come from people are afraid to pull the glass. I’ve got a lot of pins with a lot of miles on them and they all take work. Either that or flukes. I’ve never had a cabinet split or a mech fall apart on its own. Playfield issues I think is the only complaint that holds any water. There’s got to be a better clear coat solution.

#11555 3 years ago

Apparently the license wanted a vintage pinball vibe which is what we got. It’s also why the game is focused on their early careers. It’s what Paul wanted.

#11557 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Too bad. Sgt Pepper would have been better. Not worth giving in to the artist imo

Well it was either that or nothing. I actually like the game quite a bit. Not enough to own it but it’s a fun shooter.

#11703 3 years ago

Why would it be a reskin? That’s not a thing.

#11747 3 years ago

Who’s Columbo?

#11761 3 years ago
Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

BallPin, could we possibly be getting a remake of Whitewater?..... long shot but thinking I may have found your hint

Stern doesn’t make remakes but I also notice the awkward “Yet I” phrasing.

#11766 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The grandpa storyteller in Princess Bride. <---reference for the young'uns.

Princess Bride is dope.

#11927 3 years ago

Well there’s a pin for the older generation I’m going to guess the next one is going to be targeted younger or at least with broad appeal. Don’t get me wrong I like zeppelin but I haven’t listened to them since I got to control the car radio. This will be tough sell to routers since most of the arcade bar crowd is even younger. Although most routers are hurting right now and aren’t buying games anyway. So maybe this is perfect timing! Can’t wait to see a trailer on Monday!

#11929 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Have you watched Thor Ragnarok?

You’re right. I watched a movie once so Led Zeppelin totally appeals to a 20 something audience. I’ll get my thousands of dollars lined up!

#11932 3 years ago

Stern ships pros the same week if not the same day as reveal.

#11935 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

20 somethings are not a big buying demographic of pinball. AC/DC did not have any problems getting people to play and buy and most of their best music was in the 1970s and very early 80s.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-old-are-we-on-pinside-1/page/2#post-5415331

You didn’t read what I said above. I said this isn’t a good title for locations because most of the people playing on location are young. I didn’t say the game wouldn’t sell well. I’m sure there will be thousands of them tucked away in basements all across the country where no one will see them. All of that was to say that I’m sure the **next** stern pin will have a broader appeal.

#11955 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just wouldn't be pinside without all the haters. Us old guys get a pin once in awhile too , I have no interest in tmnt or avengers. But I don't trash them.

I'm definitely not trying to hate. If my pops was into pinball I would buy this for him for Christmas. I think the game is going to do well and obviously Stairway to Heaven isn't the best song suited for pinball but most of their music sounds like the end of Stairway and not like the rest of it. It's going to be a banger for the older crowd but as an operator I'm just saying the majority of my customers won't drop a quarter into it. This game is aimed at the established collector crowd and all I'm saying is the next one will be aimed at mass appeal. Which means it certainly not Jaws.

#11959 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Typically tho, music pins don't vend very good anyways right? At least the few people I know who put on location tell me

It depends. Maiden has been my best performing pin while Aerosmith was a total clunker. I think it all comes down to fun factor in the end. It's not the initial quarter drop that makes money its the return quarters that make or break a game on location. I'm not pointing fingers either but a year ago the old guard absolutely ripped Stranger Things to shreds and it's one of my favorite games in my collection. So I guess what goes around comes around. Again, wish my dad cared about pinball because I'd love the excuse to buy it. Same way I feel about Hot Wheels. If I had kids I would have taken that as a good enough excuse.

#11967 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure what your definition of old is or what kind of locations your games are in but you don’t need to be 50+ to enjoy LZ or classic rock in general.
I guess if your rock n roll machines are sitting at chuckie cheese then they may not do well.

21+ my guy.

#12054 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Omg called my distributor and he delivered it today. Unbelievable.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man. Look at all those buttons. Innovation! Suck it DR!

#12070 3 years ago

Godzilla would be killer and we know stern has the license. It has been said Keith is already done with the design of his forth game so maybe we will see that sooner than later. Assuming business picks up next year I’m buying whatever Elwin is selling.

#12073 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Oh jeez, I hope not! I don’t want Eddy butchering Godzilla like he did with Stranger Things...

Stranger Things is dope.

#12106 3 years ago

I think it’s high time for a punk pin. Punk rock and pinball are like PB&J. Obviously it won’t be the next stern but I’ve got music pins in my mind for some reason. Haha. Ramones pin I think would do well but I’d prefer a Dead Kennedys or Bad Religion. Probably won’t happen but a boy can dream. I also think Jack White would be rad tunes for a pin but he’s had so many bands I don’t know how that would work.

Also Deadflip said that he was told not to do Beetlejuice as a homebrew theme so I hope stern is going to make that happen. Instant buy for me. Although it seems like Nightmare Before Christmas would have been made by now if it weren’t for licensing issues. Wonder if Tim Burton isn’t a fan of pinball.

#12115 3 years ago

I’d happily do Misfits too.

#12123 3 years ago

Oh yeah. Motörhead. That’s doing something for me. My pants got tighter. RIP Lemmy!

#12134 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok waiting to see your hint

He specifically said that the next pin wouldn’t be zeppelin. Dude is full of bologna.

#12246 3 years ago

I have no issues with the way they look. Really unique art straight from the albums that will stand out in any lineup. Where the pro is a loss for me is loosing the upper flipper ramp to a dead end. If I were getting one (I’m not) I’d take LE over the others. If the pro had that ramp I’d take a pro for sure. Don’t care much about the appearing spinner.

#12282 3 years ago

Yeah Tim said the first thing he was doing when Covid started was light shows to the music because he didn’t have physical game to work on from home. Those lights were part of the design almost a year ago.

#12317 3 years ago

So any credible rumors of what’s next. Ballpin didn’t think LZ was next so whatever he saw pictures of is assuredly next up.

#12346 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Heavy Metal came out a month ago, not sure if that counts.

It doesn’t. Not a stern game. Contract game.

#12366 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not disagreeing but who was Stramger Things aimed at? Sales must he terrible on that one. Constantly seeing it way under retail and personally i hate the game. Even the LE.

Stranger Things was aimed at me. I bought one and now it’s the most popular pin in my arcade bar.

#12378 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Same here....it gets double the plays of the other games. I've had numerous operators tell me it's in their top three earnings list.

Yup. In the pinball route FB group it was the years top earner for people all over the country. When a game pays itself half way off in a pandemic year when my business has been 10% of normal I’ll call that a very successful pin. It also is the pin that gets me to press start more than anything else I own in the past year. Pinside trashed it but it’s a great game. It taught me to not care what pinside decides to trash or praise. R&M also aimed at my generation and we know how selling that game went. I think people forget pinside isn’t the whole pinball community.

#12382 3 years ago

So is Godzilla a legit possibility?

We know Stern has the license because Spooky wanted it and the swiped it. So it’s more of a when than an if.

#12388 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

We never grab licenses without plans to use them. Many of us have wanted to do Godzilla for a long long time. I can not speak to when the game will be made or who will be working on it. All I can say is that mudwrestling was involved.

I’m a paid stern insider. I feel like I should have gotten tickets to watch the mud wrestling.

#12410 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It teaches me not to care how well a game earns in relation to what games I would want to own.

All I was saying is that the game is popular and pinside tore it apart before even playing it because it was a theme that wasn’t aimed at the 50+ year old collector. The OP asked who wants/cares about Stranger Things and my answer is a lot of people.

#12429 3 years ago

Gomez just posted a pic from a Stern zoom call. Anyone got the eyes to find a hint?

#12431 3 years ago

There is actually three.

95452A30-ED77-4E81-9190-EEC221C25F45 (resized).png95452A30-ED77-4E81-9190-EEC221C25F45 (resized).pngC792E23C-B613-44AE-A171-6D019B19250C (resized).pngC792E23C-B613-44AE-A171-6D019B19250C (resized).pngF1A7DC28-C911-4465-B262-9AEE144F6D29 (resized).pngF1A7DC28-C911-4465-B262-9AEE144F6D29 (resized).png
#12432 3 years ago

What’s that side box art on Mark Guidarelli?

#12441 3 years ago

The only way to get a pin that is how you imagine it is to homebrew it!

#12446 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

And to do it right, you need a Hercules sized cabinet. I realize this would be cost prohibitive even for a Home Brew, but you never know.

No matter how you homebrew it's gunna be cost prohibitive. I'm already 4k into mine and I'm not even finished with white wood. But, Hey. It's worth it????

#12487 3 years ago

I didn’t realize this thread is where things are confirmed. To that I say, Pokémon. Confirmed.

#12557 3 years ago

Just here to remind everyone the 50’s were 70 years ago.

#12564 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

it seems a lot of people are saying the the next Elwin pin will be Godzilla or BTTF, they said it would be Queen or Led Zeppelin and so many were right. so I am curious how do people figure this out? I would love Godzilla by Elwin, sign me up for an LE!!!

It’s mostly wishful thinking and guessing. Then after we get closer to release some real info may come out but not always.

#12585 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also had a thought the other day-When is someone going to make me a badass Beetlejuice pinball to go next to my Ghostbusters?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have a hunch/hope that Spooky picked up this license. Dead Flip was going to homebrew it on stream but was told “Not to touch it.” So I think someone must be working on it.

#12620 3 years ago

Hate to break it to y’all but every companies main concern in addition to retaining customers is finding new ones. It’s important for stern to focus on both the 50+ crowd aaaand the 21 year old going to their first arcade bar. I’m 32 and all the people I play pin with are 40 and younger. There is a reason Rick & Morty and Stranger Things came out this last year. Get used at least a couple games a year not being aimed at your age demographic. Led Zeppelin and Munsters wasn’t meant for me or my friends and that’s okay!

#12622 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

That's actually a good thing, buying 3 or 4 pins a year would become very expensive

Amen. Honestly whenever a game isn’t aimed at me I’m glad. Don’t have to obsess over gameplay videos to try and decide if it’s worth investing in or not. I can just look forward to a few months of peace and then we rinse and repeat.

#12768 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Except Led zep and Munsters as a show and a band will be remembered tens times more than Stranger things or Rick & Morty. Not talking about the pins made but actual theme or show based on. As long as the pin is fun to play I am all in to try on location, heck I play them all and see which ones I like, but to own and not like or hate the theme all is a different story. I find a hard time if you like rock n roll and or heavy metal anyone can dislike the music pins that have been made.

Ask anyone under 25 if they know what the Munsters is. It’s okay that you’re wrong. But you’re wrong.

#12770 3 years ago

Living in the current time period isn’t being trendy. The Munsters aren’t relevant anymore. It’s literally in black and white. There are two generations past when that was something that was relevant. Are you so self centered that you don’t understand the passage of time?

#12771 3 years ago

And the problem with your generation is that you’re wildly out of touch with what’s happening in the real world and you’re too egocentric to realize it.

D4AA1DC3-307D-4E3B-8611-E2BE0DE4605B (resized).pngD4AA1DC3-307D-4E3B-8611-E2BE0DE4605B (resized).png
#12773 3 years ago

I’d take IDELS over either of those bands... I get it. You’re stuck in the past and proud but that doesn’t mean Stern should keep catering to you’re ilk. You’ll be dead soon and your kids will sell you games to strangers for way less than they are valued and that’s okay. It’s going to happen to all of us.

#12778 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I really find it mind boggling that there are so many people on this site that don't have the remotest idea of how business works. Let me explain it to you. Stern Pinball is in the business of making money. As such... they do market research. Market research in turn tells them that their biggest market is middle aged white dudes. Stern picks a theme that appeals to their biggest market. This is not rocket science. This doesn't mean that other demographics don't buy pinball. What it does mean is that by targeting their biggest market they have the best chance of maximizing profit.

Based on your collection you’re nobody’s target market.

#12796 3 years ago

Funny you say they are not relevant anymore yet they made a Munsters pin and they did sell a few. And any parent who grew up watching them as kid has shown their children the show, they like it. I have shown my kids everything from Munsters, Three Stooges, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC ect that my wife grew up with in the 70’s and 80’s and they appreciate it and actually like a lot of it and know many of the songs and shows from those decades. So yeah Stern is catering more to us older people.

Would your family be more excited by the Munsters or by the Stranger Things? Which one do you own?

#12824 3 years ago

How have we not talked about the Andy Griffith show????!!! Would be amazing!!!!

#12826 3 years ago

Also Happy Days. But not sure if it would work yet. Stern probably needs to wait a couple more years for it to line up with the target market.

#12843 3 years ago

How is I Love Lucy not already made? Would sell more than Adam’s Family in the 90’s.

#12845 3 years ago

Too long ago. They need to remake it now that the theme lines up with Stern’s target market.

#12846 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They have howdy dudy and Roy Rogers first. Maybe Bonanza. Now that would be a sweet pin!

Oh my god Laugh In!!!!!

#12857 3 years ago

If you get a Property Brothers LE they come and re-design your game room.

#12967 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

It might be a year or two too early for this, but if any of the manufacturers decided to put out a game based on WEED, it'd pull in a whole new younger audience. They would walk into the barcade, see the giant leaf on the translite....just like a magnet to so many millions of kids out there.
So many modes to imagine....

I think the closest you’ll get to that is a Snoop Dog pin but I don’t see any of these manufacturers taking a chance on hip hop anytime soon.

#12972 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I mostly agree other than I think a Beastie Boys in inevitable. They are dad rock adjacent and there are plenty of collectors saying they’d want it.

Yeah I almost said except Bessie Boys but I think the BB license might be hard to get so I’m not going to hold my breath.

#12975 3 years ago

Yeah an upper playfield that looked like a turn table with two spinning discs could be way fun.

#13102 3 years ago

It’s clearly Kia pinball. I’m in on the Sorento LE!!!

#13139 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Warp tour! Skateboarding and punk rock.

Tony Hawk Pro skater pin. Do it you cowards!!!

#13171 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Harry Pooper is old news. At least it's not 80s.

He said right after the suggestion of Jonny Quest (1964 version).

#13207 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Throwing this out there. I’m friends with Maynard Keenan. He’s played my lineup at my house. What if. And this is a big what if. A Tool pinball machine? Of all the games he’s played here. Stern is what gets him excited. A stern Tool Pin 2022?

I’d be into it.

#13256 3 years ago

I’m sure Elwin will seem less original once he’s made 10+ games. Honestly there’s only so many shots a flipper can hit.

#13259 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yeah I guess. He’s 3 for 3 so far so that bodes well for his future stern releases.
And it’s not just his PF layout that’s amazing. It’s the code/rule set integration and to me that makes his pins a step above the rest.

Definitely agree the Keith’s games are great I like them all! But I also like most of what Borg has made in his career. Borg is a top tier designer IMO even if his designs seem less innovative. Honestly, I like most games I meet. Guess I’m easy to please. Haha.

#13279 3 years ago

LotR Vault FTW

#13313 3 years ago

Whoever is saying GB is totally 100% full of shit and you should stop listening to them.

#13359 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Thanks. That sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. I can say with some certainty hardly anyone outside of America will know wtf this is.

It’s a joke making fun of horrible boomer theme suggestions.

#13362 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Yeah sorry, joke was wasted on me as I had no clue wtf Welk was

Trust me. We all had to google it. Fail to find any results and ask at some point. Haha.

#13428 3 years ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

What about a pinky blinders pin

Love me some Peaky Blinders. Don’t know how it would translate to a pin.

#13436 3 years ago
99F725D3-3EB1-4C77-8B3F-724927423EAE (resized).jpeg99F725D3-3EB1-4C77-8B3F-724927423EAE (resized).jpeg
#13443 3 years ago
Quoted from WGPE:

You just can’t beat a punk shilling for Disney in a pinball forum.

I was speaking out against nazi apologists.... don't really know how that is shilling for Disney.

#13447 3 years ago

I thought Stern made 100 a day at full steam.

#13453 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have not heard that. Maybe possible, I dunno. But 100/day is one pin every ~5 minutes. 50/day is one every ~10 minutes, and THAT seems like a lot.

I could be totally wrong. That does seem like a crazy amount of output. How did the old pinball manufacturers do it?

#13560 3 years ago

Well we are getting close. Should we take bets?

#13598 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Can someone tell me exactly what a Vault Edition means? Is it just a remake? Does it include any upgrades?

It’s basically a rerun of a popular game. Usually with new art and animations and call outs etc. Check out a Spider-Man and a spider man vault for a good example.

#13656 3 years ago

I think there is a chance of a Mortal Kombat pin. The franchise is getting a new movie this year with plans for several in the future follow the fit steps of the MCU.

#13659 3 years ago

Fatalities as a hurry up at the end of modes kinda like Deadpool but ya know deader.

#13667 3 years ago

Yup Richie is the voice of Mortal Kombat.

#13679 3 years ago

Just sayin... come on stern!!!

#13739 3 years ago

As the person who originally said that Mortal Kombat would be a good theme I just wanted to state that I completely pulled that out of my ass and there is no reason to believe it’s actually getting made. Although the colors do match, if the puzzle pieces are a hint it makes absolutely no sense.

#13751 3 years ago

So is it safe to assume theme teaser Monday. Pictures Tuesday and feature/gameplay video Wednesday?

#13796 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I can't believe that they are going to have a new game coming so soon. Stern is pumping games out so fast.

This is literally the schedule.

#14005 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Sooooo, why did folks think there would be an announcement today?

Because usually when there is a Friday teaser there is a Monday theme announcement followed by product shots and a gameplay and features trailer. Lately Stern just seems to be really leaning into trolling which is a really unfortunate marketing strategy because trolling got boring and annoying a decade ago when boomers learned how to do it.

#14015 3 years ago

You do realize boomers were born right after World War II ended don’t you? I highly doubt people in their 70’s are trolling much.

Have you been on Facebook in the past five years? It’s trolly boomer wasteland.

#14017 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, I was a bit baffled as well. Most boomers were retiring a decade ago.. Insert millineals and it would have made more sense...

No. Millennials invented trolling which was never a great thing but bad got worse once boomers finally got on board with social media.

#14018 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

"Ok boomer" - millennials

Okay boomer is a gen Z/Zoomer phrase but god bless it.

#14022 3 years ago

Millennials are pushing forty now guys. Hate to break it to you. If you were born in the 70’s you’re gen x so stop getting triggered every time someone says the word boomer. Chill papi.

#14024 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

We didn't fire the first shot. Jokes aside, most of our parents were boomers. I tend to have alot of respect for their generation and particularly the WWII "greatest" generation.

Okay boomer.

#14025 3 years ago

Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.

#14029 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

One thing is for certain. The next pin isn’t gonna be anything that I would be interested in. The only thing that could get me to buy would be a Metallica kill em all. If it had only the kill em all album for songs. I would pay 15k sight unseen to get one. But that will never happen. Besides I’ve already put down a deposit for Sabbath LE this December.

You should just make that Metallica pin yourself. You can do it for under 15k easy.

#14063 3 years ago

If Stern doesn’t make it, it probably won’t get made. If you’re lucky another company might produce a theme that is up your ally but you’ll have to wait year after year for the stars to align.

#14176 3 years ago

Is that Japanese? The Godzilla fans will be excited.

#14177 3 years ago

I ran it through google translate. It is Japanese but it just says pinball. Technology is wild.

#14234 3 years ago

Well I’m out. Fuck Stern. This shit is stupid.

#14241 3 years ago

We all were wondering what pin it would be and in the end it was a freaking puzzle. Did a puzzle need a teaser? Has any puzzle in the history of puzzles need a stupid teaser?

A pinball company doing a teaser for a puzzle is really fucking annoying and stupid. Trolling is a really shitty marketing strategy. I’m over it. Grow up Stern.

#14257 3 years ago

Making people feel stupid about caring about what you are releasing next is not a good way to get people to care about what you’re releasing next.

2 weeks later
#14752 3 years ago

People still listen to Kaneda? I thought everyone realized he’s full of shit. He said jaws was coming out Christmas 2020. He literally just says a bunch of random shit and then when part of it is true he acts like a prophet.

#14861 3 years ago

I’ve got a Kaneda level prediction for all of you. The game is going to have at least two flippers. There will be a fun multiball and a less fun one that will help you earn points when stacked strategically. The theme is going to be perfect for some but others will hate it. The art is really cool but there will be plenty of things to nitpick. It’s a retro modern take on a classic but will appeal to everyone. Okay. Listen to my podcast. Thanks.

#15181 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

K-man says he’s hearing Mandolorian from many, he said it’s a modern theme not a classic and not a rock band. Mando would be awesome.

That guy literally doesn't know anything about anything.

#15306 3 years ago

My fingers are crossed for Billy Eyelash.

#15446 3 years ago

I think part of the want for BTTF comes from the fact that there was a Data East one that isn’t widely available and also not that great of a game. If you play the DE version you can see the potential for a great pin and I think that’s what people are hoping for.

#15547 3 years ago

Seriously?!! Wow. Stick to pinball Stern.

No.

#15552 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

7k for a stern pro spike homepin with a coin door .....lol \
the 4995 Stern Quicksilvers are looking better every day
or the 7K Addams family's \
New Stern Pricing is a Joke.

#15593 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Harry Potter sucks! Can’t stand that Malfoy dude. Dumb. BTTF all the way.

Good news. Malfoy is supposed to be unlikeable.

2 weeks later
#15974 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stern should release a beef jerky pin. Mainly because I just like beef jerky
[quoted image]

Yep. That’s pretty much the justification everyone uses in this thread. I don’t think this ones even the worst of what’s been suggested.

#15994 3 years ago

Kaneda doesn’t know anything

#16025 3 years ago

Kaneda is always right. That’s why I’m playing my Jaws LE that came out Christmas 2020 and was designed by Keith Elwin. I love this game. Thanks for the heads up K-man. Glad I am one of your cultists that hangs on every made up word so I could get my LE.

#16051 3 years ago

Could be Nightmare Before Christmas.

#16152 3 years ago

Well first things first Stern doesn’t release games on anniversaries, or to coincide with releases so why would they release another Star Wars game on a “holiday” based on a pun.

#16325 2 years ago

Stern is only making dad rock pins from now on.

#16394 2 years ago

Lifestyle brands don’t send out surveys to their community. They set the trends they don’t blindly follow mob rule. Big Trouble in Little China might be a cool theme but would be a commercial flop. If y’all want it so bad, homebrew it.

#16398 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

True. But Dad Rock? That's hardly setting a trend. That's gray hairs making decisions because their generation likes it. As a 40-year-old who loves pinball, it's one frustrating thing about the hobby.

They are targeting younger buyers too. Stranger Things was geared towards younger pinheads. But we all know how much pinside lost their minds over STh. We shall see what’s to come. Harry Potter would crush. So would Mortal Kombat.

#16552 2 years ago

I am fairly new to pinball(2019), why is kaneda like Lord Voldemort, he that shall not be named??

He’s been banned from this and other forums. You have to a pretty big asshole to get banned from Internet forums. Also, you’ll find eventually that he doesn’t really have the inside scoop he claims to. Veterans of this forum (not including myself in that category) are simply sick of discussing him. He is also real opinionated for someone who doesn’t even maintain a collection.

#16678 2 years ago

It’s not going to be Mandalorean. K man is simply wrong like he is 9/10 times.

#16866 2 years ago

Stranger Things season four will be out real soon and will be watched my millions of people. The Mandalorean single handedly got Disney + to its subscriber goal years before expected soon after the platform launched. Just because you don’t consume a particular piece of media doesn’t mean it isn’t extremely popular.

Stranger Things stumbling at launch was due to a hole lot of people talking shit on the game not working properly. Some of that trash talk was earned but most of it was people blowing small fixable issues out of proportion.

I’m not really that excited by yet another Star Wars game but I don’t like how the current one shoots enough to ever buy it so I guess this is a second chance!

#16916 2 years ago
Quoted from Amazingblu:

When will stern announce their next pin?

The only real answer is soon.

#16932 2 years ago

Stern teasing you BTTF hopefuls this morning.

74B5F87C-0F0C-449F-9A81-061D57098D52 (resized).jpeg74B5F87C-0F0C-449F-9A81-061D57098D52 (resized).jpeg
#17104 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

why are some people still guessing when it has been already leaked what the title is?
It is Mandalorian.

Because it was leaked by a guy who is wrong half the time. Until there are pictures of the game nothing is certain.

#17263 2 years ago

If you ask any operator who’s paying their bills it’s twenty somethings and thirty somethings. 80% of my customers at my arcade bar are under 40. Thirty somethings may not be the heart of the industry but they are where the growth is coming from. It’s why smart pinball is trying to capture a wide range of people with theme choices.

#17286 2 years ago

I’m 31 I have just as many pinball machines and if you don’t like it you can suck my DINK!!!

.... did I do it? Can we stop talking about who makes what money, how, and whether or not they use that money to buy pinball, and and how any of that correlates to how old they are?

Let’s get back to hoping Kaneda got trolled by Stern.... again.

#17347 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

As well as trust fund babies. None will admit it though. Age 31, with 31 pins. Ok sure lol.

No trust fund here my guy. Built my business myself. Sorry if that triggers you.

#17500 2 years ago

Stern: Historically doesn’t release games based on anniversaries, movie release dates, or (made up) holidays.

Pinside: Mandalorean is being announced May 4th because a podcaster who is wrong as much as he’s right said so!!!

Stern: No announcement May 4th

Pinside:

#17509 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern: Historically doesn’t release games based on anniversaries, movie release dates, or (made up) holidays.
Pinside: Mandalorean is being announced May 4th because a podcaster who is wrong as much as he’s right said so!!!
Stern: No announcement May 4th
Pinside:

Lol I posted this minutes before stern posted the trailer. Usually they tease early in the morning. I’m really surprised we are get yet another Star Wars pin.

#17610 2 years ago

They usually ship same week of reveal. They’re most assuredly already in production.

#17709 2 years ago

So do you think we will see a Disney game a year going forward for a while?

#17762 2 years ago

Things I know people hate after reading the last two pages of this thread:

Games shipped with incomplete code
Code that takes too long to complete
Linear code
Battle modes
Non linear modes
Repetitive modes
Pinball in general

#17765 2 years ago

When has Stern ever fallen short of 1.0 code?

#17785 2 years ago

All code needs beta testing whether it’s software, a video game, or pinball. The only way to find bugs is for a lot of people to play especially in a chaotic game like pinball. I’d understand the ire of the bugs didn’t get fixed but they do. Play some SEGA pins and you’ll find big bugs that never got squashed.

#17981 2 years ago

Anyone else think the playfield seems crowded? Hoping there is some more breathing room on the Pro.

Shouldn’t be bad. I count 7 shots. Nothing crazy.

#18098 2 years ago

Why so cringe?

#18107 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

why so stalkerish? Don't think I haven't noticed. Someone needs to take their happy pills.

Whut?

1 month later
#19038 2 years ago

I’m hoping Elwin doesn’t do Godzilla because I want to buy Elwin’s next game.

#19065 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Yes? All I’m talking about is how he said “which could be a little foreshadowing.” Just made me think that he could be working on BTTF after Mando.

Wouldn’t this mean BTTF is a Richie game since he did High Speed?

1 month later
#20227 2 years ago

I can’t wait for B/W next release!!! Where’s the hype thread for that???

2 weeks later
#21544 2 years ago

Man. I’d love to put a premium on location but 9k plays before I make a dollar is a lot of wear and tear.

#21554 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

I was thinking about that...how could anyone wait that long for a return on investment, just crazy. I might have to go to a Stern Party to play one if no one else puts one on location either.

And no one wants to drop $1.50 a game.

1 month later
#22696 2 years ago

Nevermind.

3 weeks later
#23330 2 years ago

I’m not the biggest Rush fan but I do like prog rock. If the layout is good I might have to bite.

#23346 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Y'all crazy if Stern cares about those types of dates.

That’s what I said right before they dropped Mando on “Star Wars Day.”

4 weeks later
#24225 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is this really the rumored layout? Not seeing anything spectacular here.

No

#24258 2 years ago

Time travel theme it seems like. 17 songs is huge! Know Rush isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but this one might be epic.

2 weeks later
#24749 2 years ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

The DAD rock bands, a lot of them are still touring and filling up stadiums.....
I don't think Justin Bieber could fill a stadium.....

Lol. Way to be confidently wrong. I don’t listen to Bieber either but at least I’m naive enough to think he doesn’t sell out stadiums.

#24763 2 years ago

Boomers horny on main again.

#24801 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thank a horny boomer for bringing you into this world. If all men became limp dick soy boys we'd go extinct.

Lol imagine thinking younger men than you can’t get it up.

2 weeks later
#25283 2 years ago

Wolfenstein pin. Let’s go!

9A613B3F-7F02-4D07-9327-B385723142AE (resized).jpeg9A613B3F-7F02-4D07-9327-B385723142AE (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#25551 2 years ago

Well… for starters Jaws was code name for Jurassic Park.

2 weeks later
#25891 2 years ago

There is zero chance CGC is putting out another game this year.

#25907 2 years ago

I’m down. 100 bucks?

1 week later
#26009 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Why does every theme have to be some dumb-ass Marvel or DC Comics film? Not saying Future Spa and Skateball were the coolest themes ever....but at least they were frickin' halfway creative! Sorry....I am sure I pissed off 99 percent of the pinside population.

Because original themes don’t sell enough to be produced by stern. If you want original themes you can always buy from American Pinball.

2 weeks later
#26228 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I really liked blood sport but I don’t think it would fit as a pin. I am thinking Mike Tyson‘s knockout would be a great pin with the bosses.

You mean Champion Pub?

#26256 2 years ago

Green Day would be a great pin.

#26264 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What could you possibly center a pin around a band like Greenday or Foo Fighters. They don't have a central theme, they don't have a mascot or artwork that's you know the band its representing. I just don't see it happening.

This already looks like a backglass to me.

CADC99A1-9673-40AB-A04D-B9A68B306905 (resized).jpegCADC99A1-9673-40AB-A04D-B9A68B306905 (resized).jpeg
#26268 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And what else? Also, you know Stern aint going to blow farts as back glass.
Seriously, without looking it up, can you name 14 Foo Fighters or Greenday songs?

You’re literally a meme right now.

#26270 2 years ago
114358DA-6ABB-4EBD-97C2-F4A905C254A7 (resized).png114358DA-6ABB-4EBD-97C2-F4A905C254A7 (resized).png
#26351 2 years ago

I’m not in love with Foo Fighters as a theme. I’d much rather have a pin of Dave’s other band (Nirvana) but at least I know some Foo Fighter songs. Has slayer been relevant since the 80’s? Aren’t they a one hit wonder band? I couldn’t name any of their songs much less 14!

#26354 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Slayer a 1 hit wonder? And what might that have been?

Honestly couldn’t tell you. Are they the ones who did that “Pour some sugar on me,” song?

1 month later
#27011 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:I can tell you I have at least half a dozen friends that would likely look at an HP pin as the first one they would ever buy for themselves for their home. There's not a single theme that can come close for a certain age group.

Every year at the bar we celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday. I’m telling you it’s busier than cinco de mayo. We would definitely bring in a HP machine if one ever got released. No question.

#27014 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You…do…. W H A T ? I now have more ammo against HP fans haha

Yeah man. Butter Beers. Chocolate frogs. People love it.

#27017 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wow, that’s wild. I didn’t know Mormons could even go into bars. Learn something new everyday.

I don’t want to shatter your universe too much here but… not everyone in Utah is Mormon.

#27020 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh definitely, at 49% off the population of Salt Lake City they are absolutely technically a minority haha.

Yup. People like Harry Potter and there are over a million non Mormons living in Utah. 25% of the state’s population claims no religion at all. It’s a big bright new world. Welcome!

3 weeks later
#27550 1 year ago

It’s crazy how Stern not putting a game out for six months will make you appreciate what they do. I happily support other pinball companies but I’m glad we live in a time of multiple releases per year.

#27578 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Isn't Jaws all but confirmed at this point? The only question is whether its the next release... certainly hoping it's something else

No.

#27649 1 year ago

Welp. TS4 is a pass. Whatcha got next Stern?

1 week later
#27833 1 year ago

Well there are a lot of people in this hobby who treat pinball like it’s investing in NFTs. Might as well make a game that REALLY caters to the flippers!

1 week later
#28037 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

You know they're going to be charging 12k for a premium. Its the new baseline.

Not going to happen because Stern is interested in being a company for more than the next couple of years.

2 weeks later
#28453 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-007 by Gomez taken over for Ritchie
-Venom
-Jaws home pin done by Jack Danger
Boom

No

3 weeks later
#29522 1 year ago

Prey is on Hulu I believe.

#29538 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Just hope they use the original series.

Looks like that post came down.

#29568 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Mission would be an amazing IP

8570CCDF-AE4A-4C6C-99F3-DD5268614BCC (resized).jpeg8570CCDF-AE4A-4C6C-99F3-DD5268614BCC (resized).jpeg
#29795 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You guys are making me feel old.

Wait until you realize kids born in the year 2001 are legally drinking a bars.

#29988 1 year ago

Is that a five bank of drop targets?

#30122 1 year ago

Millennial’s are in their 30’s and 40’s now. Most of them have kids and absolutely are a big chunk of the pinball market. Y’all act like we are all still working our first jobs.

#30392 1 year ago

Word is it’s not Venom, Bond, Or BTTF. Although, those are coming.

#30397 1 year ago

Don’t want to say more but my wallet is scared.

#30457 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Do not mind downvoting this shite, I can't see it! I am free.

What if I just start quoting your post and telling you I’m downvoting it, like so:

Downvote -1

#30486 1 year ago

Danger is the designer.

#30495 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve got a few Spooky titles on location. It ain’t so bad. Also, The first 100 RaM off the line needed a lot of tweaks but the later builds played very well out of the box. They are a young company and a small company and for the few headaches I’ve had I wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water. I really like Spooky games and the variety in the market they provide. I also love a ton of Stern games too naturally BUT they are all starting to feel a bit homogeneous. I’m looking forward to seeing what Jack Danger does and I hope Stern continues to pull in new designers.

Ditto

#30496 1 year ago

Pretty sure Eddy is up to bat, not Danger.

Eddy is on Venom and coming later.

#30689 1 year ago

Could be next week. But I’m hoping it’s sooner.

#30935 1 year ago

Weird I thought Kaneda already said Venom was next. It’s almost like that guy just says a bunch of stuff and then afterwards pretends like he’s an insider when in reality all the people who actually work in pinball manufacturing hate him.

#30991 1 year ago

I still think it’s a Danger design and it’s not Bond, Venom, or BTTF.

#31337 1 year ago

Or the customers. They got greedy with TS4.

#31479 1 year ago

If you don’t think every single operator in the country would buy a Pokémon you are severely and desperately out of touch.

#31735 1 year ago

It’s Jack Danger on Beetlejuice in October.

#31805 1 year ago
Quoted from Newbie_1:

Odds of Stern being outta business in 3 years?

Literally zero. Other manufacturers though….

1 week later
#32632 1 year ago

Will Bond have AR??????!!!???!?!??

#32634 1 year ago

Seems like Connery is confirmed.

#32647 1 year ago

DB5

06D1F181-E00D-4F51-8DEE-366B9E42CD4C (resized).jpeg06D1F181-E00D-4F51-8DEE-366B9E42CD4C (resized).jpeg
#32754 1 year ago

Tuesday teaser to Tuesday reveal is too much time. Just look at this thread. The hype has worn off already. They should go back to Friday teaser and Tuesday reveal. Or better yet give some crumbs every day until full reveal.

1 week later
#33165 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Jaws was already the codename for JP2.

Can we make this a key post. Jfc.

2 weeks later
#33546 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Paging SLCpunk2113

Why am I being paged?

#33551 1 year ago

I’m I being asked to remind you boomers to not get horny on main or to remind you that things don’t make a good pinball theme just because you remembered it once existed?

Either way. Happy to offer my services.

#33621 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

I still think the Pin-anon red shoes conspiracy at Stern is far more interesting… [quoted image][quoted image]

Pin-anon an even more stupid and useless group than Q-anon. Probably lead by a certain podcaster who shall not be named.

Some people have it so good they have to imagine problems. Must be nice.

#33624 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

Ohh really… there’s a “Pin-anon” group? Wow.. I thought I was actually just taking the piss.
If there is a a Pin- anon do they podcast from the Vatican? Or maybe it’s a just another one of secret handshake, “nudge nudge wink wink” worlds greatest BS psy-ops clubs too.
And if there isn’t “Pin-anon” then consider it now officially trade marked. Just send me the royalties but I don’t want any invites thanks.

I was just playing along but there are probably enough pinball conspiracy theories out there a cult is due to form any day now.

I heard Gary Stern is a robot who runs on money and stealing data via insider connected!!!

#33642 1 year ago

Definitely a stagnant time in the pinball world. Wonder how many fair weather hobbyists we’ll lose this year.

#33653 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I spotted these on my kid during his swim class this weekend and thought of this thread. What does it mean?
[quoted image]

I got bad news. Your kid is part of global secret society of pedophiles that eat children and control world leaders to bring about the end of Jesus. Also, he may be a lizard.

1 month later
#34327 1 year ago

As an employer of the youths you all speak of, let me just say that, 1: These complaints have been said about literally every generation including yours. 2: Work ethic develops with work experience. So bad work ethic is tied to youth because the kiddos are figuring out how to exist in the real world not because of some generational defect. 3. I watched paying $15 an hour go from “good money” pre pandemic to not being enough post pandemic and the blame is on cost of living not youth being greedy about wages. Everyone’s cost of living has shot up and the landlords are the worst offenders. At least in my market. I have faith that a lot of this will stabilize over the next couple years but rent is going to stay high until there is some sort of limit to how companies own living spaces. In my city 1 in 7 houses is owned by a company playing landlord and not by a homeowner.

#34463 1 year ago

Often.

#34501 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

This thread is fun like drinking battery acid is fun… I just can’t stop myself.

You should see a doctor.

2 weeks later
#34667 1 year ago

I’m buying whatever Jack designs. It could literally be Barbie and I’d still happily get it.

#34683 1 year ago

Stern, “We’re going in a new direction with one of our future pins.”

Pinside, “Here’s a bunch of theme ideas from 40-60 years ago!”

1 week later
#34904 1 year ago

Literally trolling with illuminati imagery. Lol. Love me some Danger. Can't wait to buy whatever he's making. The only question is Pro or Premium?

#34945 1 year ago
Quoted from bane:

I’ll keep saying it. If we’re doing a band theme, forget about Foo Fighters, Megadeth (really?) and other mediocrities.
The Replacements. I challenge all of you to listen to their catalog and find a better band to base a pinball upon.
If Pinside can will pinballs into existence, I will continue to advocate for this one. In Paul Westerberg we trust.
Make it so.

I just happened to watch this last night. From one of my favorite YouTubers.

1 week later
#35096 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Mando, Stranger Things, Deadpool, TMNT not good enough for your customers? Stern needs sales.. I think the next few games will be targeted at senior citizens. They are mostly the only ones who will be able to afford how much the games will cost.

You mean like how James Bond’s are just flying off the shelf? If Stern can’t figure out how to target and make sales to younger demographics their business will quite literally die out.

#35130 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when people are talking about "the youth" they're not talking about people in their late 30s.

But that’s absolutely what some people are saying. The example used was Pokémon. Gen 1 Pokémon players are pushing 40. Anything not targeting 60+ year olds gets hated on in this thread for being too young.

#35132 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

But that’s absolutely what some people are saying. The example used was Pokémon. Gen 1 Pokémon players are pushing 40. Anything not targeting 60+ year olds gets hated on in this thread for being too young.

Case & point. Stranger Things. That thing got trashed by out of touch boomers to the point that Graig Bone got nervous and scold his when he didn’t really want to. Years later and I bet it’s most operators top performer. I know it’s mine, and because of IC, Stern knows too. Hence Gomez talking about possible revisiting the title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

282 posts in this topic match your search for posts by slcpunk2113. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slcpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=slcpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.