DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gubbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34487 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I just love Avatar. Great great movie and blew me away.
Soundtrack by James Horner is just amazing and no cheesy actors.
Storyline is ok, but the total is impressive at least. In 3D even more.
Visuals are great, Zoe Saldana at her best.
You can say whatever you want, the movie stands out for so many reasons.
Seems people have difficulties accepting the fact that it's the best earning movie. Maybe a lot have watched the movie, but have not seen it.
For example I do not like star wars at all. I experience it as quite stupid and hard to believe the story and setting but who am I to say that it's bad. If that much people love it then there must be something really good about it

Groundbreaking special effects, killer visuals, fantastic sound stage. However, I can't think of a more wooden actor than Sam Worthington.

1 month later
#35170 1 year ago

If we're making a wishlist I'd love to see Blizzard IP (Warcraft or Diablo) or Magic the Gathering. Hell even ride the surge to DnD that stranger things brought.

1 week later
#35339 1 year ago

I love the idea of using Insider Connected for special challenges or "raid boss " type of events. I'm not s huge fan of Pokemon but could see IP like that matching up well to rotating IC content.

3 weeks later
#35779 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If anyone does it just get Franchi on the art.

He said he was working on 4 or 5 games for the next 3 years on deadflip last night

1 week later
#36048 1 year ago

I consider myself a Foo Fighters fan. Seem em 3 times. Have my original CDs and recently purchased vinyl . The Color and the Shape is an anthem of my youth. I also love Dave's work with Tenacious D, Queens of the Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures. I was luke warm on a FF pin but after this... That animation looks killer. The homage to ghost busters. I'm enthusiastically intrigued now.

#36082 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It makes me a little sad that that I’m content with my line up at the moment. I think FF is going to be cool.
[quoted image]

You definitely got room for another one there but the Lemieux stuff has to move!

2 weeks later
#36657 1 year ago

Thanks for getting us back on track. Who do you think does art for BTF?

1 month later
#37056 11 months ago

I'd rather see the OG movie but this has pinball all over it

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#37355 10 months ago

I know this is unlikely. I finally got around to watching Dungeons and Dragons Honor among thieves. I really enjoyed it. It's not winning an Oscar but they did a great job of telling a story without trying to build the next MCU. Would be cool to see a new DnD pin.

#37358 10 months ago
Quoted from chad:

There are sequels planned to.

Yeah I figured they'd do more. I wasn't sure how well it did getting buried with Mario. I do think it stood on its own.

#37361 10 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Really? Middle aged guys (the pinball demographic) didn't play D&D back in the day (or now)? I did, back in the 80s.
FYI, a D&D pinball was made back in 1987:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/dungeons-and-dragons
But yes, the movie did not do well at the box office though it will probably do OK on rentals/streaming/disc sales (those combined are bigger than the box office revenue for most movies and have been for many years). It just came out on Blu-Ray.

I really enjoyed it but I'm also easily entertained and not a true movie critic.

DnD is probably as popular as it's ever been with Critical Role being the number one channel on Twitch.

All that said. I bet hasbro would want a mint for that IP. They pissed off the community recently with some questionable changes to the open game license.

1 week later
#37444 10 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:

I want to will this into existence.
Stern, please work with Toho again and make a Doraemon pinball. [quoted image]

Apologies for my ignorance. I'm not taking shots here. I had to google it. I now realize this is a Japanese cultural icon and one of the biggest selling Mangas of all time. Does that IP really resonate with the Majoriy of US pinheads?

#37489 10 months ago

The rumor mill is HOT this week. I heard November opened up for a possible Vault spot?

#37503 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Stern has left November production completely open so something is going to happen whether it be a vault or something completely new.

Pinside will level 5 meltdown when its a home game lol.

#37506 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

How many levels are in the Pinside meltdown scale?

I was putting 5 at the highest level

#37508 10 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't think people reacted too harshly to the last home pin game. But I think a lot of people were happy for Jack and caught off guard by it.
But imagine the shit fit if Elwin did a home pin instead of a cornerstone. (I'd love to see what he could do with the format)

I saw it get dumped on quite a bit but it's easy to see only the negative comments. I 100% agree with your comments. I'd own a JP home if they added IC. It's a lot of fun.

#37510 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Stern is begging dealers to take Home pins, making deals with them to get them gone as they have stockpiles of these things unsold. I don't think they will touch the idea of Home pins anymore.
If you take on home pin stock, stern is giving you preferred allocations for example.

Maybe I can get a 2 for 1 SW/JP deal

#37597 9 months ago

CONFIRMED Wheel of Fortune Vault

1 week later
#38072 9 months ago

I'm not really a Jaws fan and have pretty much no interest in that theme. However, I never really cared for Godzilla and now going through all the old flicks with my wife.. I've also added Iron Maiden to my playlists because of Pinball. I'm keeping an open mind on the future.

#38470 9 months ago

I can't afford one but who still has Foo LEs at msrp ?

#38881 9 months ago

I keep coming back to this thread seeing 50+ new posts and hoping for meaningful speculation and maybe even some insider leaks...instead I get this train wreck.

#38886 9 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

You asked for it! Back on topic! He-Man! [quoted image]

Dolph MOTU huh ? I wonder if there will be a She-Ra appearance.

#38906 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Monster Bash layout.
Also, Seth Davis is absolutely devoid of charisma.

Quoted from ripit:

Seth Davis would be my last choice to lead Stern

I'm sure his accounting and leadership acumen is fine but man, his reveal for FF was so robotic and boring

#38928 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Time to tee up discussion on the “Next Stern”?

Is the general census - Elwin on Jaws? That open hole in the November spot of the production schedule sure leaves a lot of room for debate.

#38930 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

The way things get shifted around leaving an open month makes a ton of sense. It could get filled quickly with a week or 2 delay here or there. I know a vault is the popular rumor but with stock piling up i just don’t get it

Stern laughing at all of us speculating on vaults

#39007 9 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

The list (alphabetical order) I came up with for titles of interest lately! Any of those games would probably do well, IMHO.
Back to the Future
Blade Runner
Dune
Evil Dead
Ghostbusters VE
Harry Potter
He-Man
Indiana Jones
Jaws
King Kong
Mad Max
Metallica VE
Ozzy
Stranger Things VE
The Goonies
The Matrix
The Witcher
Top Gun Maverick
Tron Legacy VE

The matrix is an instant buy for me

Great choice. I'd also love The Thing

1 week later
#39425 8 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

I read this pretty regularly, and I love the different takes on all sides, at all economic standpoint. I'm a construction worker, 55 years old, kids grown, and gone, and have been saving for a "newer pin going on 2 years now. I have a Coney island I restored, a Big Deal, a supersonic in restore phase, a delta queen, and a homebrew I built.
My wife and I fell in love with TMNT, and Valhalla, and have looked at, and played some of the newer games, foo, bond, Scooby-Doo, etc.
She wants a Wonka, I want a Valhalla, but both have settled on a TMNT. But here's the thing, while a lot of you are able to pull the trigger on new games, we, and most people I know who play, have to be very selective, and cautious with our money. Groceries have tripled as stated above, gas, and the like.
We don't over spend, and we are careful about bills, and don't put ourselves in the credit card bracket of debt.
That said, we have been looking at more gently used fomo games recently for our purchase than NIB games. My friends as well, are trying to take more advantage of what most discard, rather than the frenzy of what ever new comes out. Stern creates these buy it now, and we're sold out lies, people dump games, and it appears from guys I know, they, and myself soon, jump on the hit they take.
So of the 1%, I guess we are the sub 1%.
Just a different perspective I wanted to share from a lot of us out here that just can't blow $8000-13k on a machine.
I realize what's next is the topic, but for most of us out here, it's what's leftover.

TMNT can be had at pretty good prices right now and I applaud your financial responsibility. I don't have enough experience to say but I feel like the pro is pretty good from what I've seen. I know it's a stern thread but LoV is maybe my favorite AP game, can't go wrong with either IMO

#39561 8 months ago

I quite enjoyed the latest matrix offering. It was so meta and self aware. It seemed like the Wachowskis were forced into a money grab so they poked fun at that fact. I don't think it's content belongs in a pin however . I'm in for an LE if the matrix ever happens either way.

1 week later
#39819 8 months ago

I'm

Quoted from neonannihilator:

honestly I think that a big video game theme is in the cards soon I don't know it's going to be by stern but I do think it exists
It’s probably gonna be A big IP so I am thinking doom but it could be anything

Seems like a home run. Mario, Zelda , Metal Gear, Sonic, Minecraft, any of the blizzard titles (warcraft is my vote). So many video game ips that already have lore, assets and the attention of younger generations.

#39830 8 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

So Venom is a great example of how video games don't translate to pinball. Seriously Fortnite sucks.

Venom is a Marvel property with a video game like feature. That feature is arguably it's most innovative and enjoyable aspect.

While I agree with your opinion on Fortnite I disagree with a blanket "video games don't translate to pinball". If the theme is decent but the code/design/layout is good, the game will succeed. The video game industry revenue far exceeds motion picture revenue. It's an insanely popular hobby that absolutely marries well to pinball.

#39914 8 months ago

Is this the "vault" everyone is predicting? NO TRON FOR YOU!

3 weeks later
#40690 7 months ago

Pinside will go into nuclear meltdown if it's another home pin. I'm here for it though

#40713 7 months ago

Is GOTG that Flip N Out just announced the "vault" everyone been chattery about!? Oh man.../popcorn

#40717 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Uh oh.... link please?

Was on his FB. Commemorative Run

Screenshot_20230912-170204 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230912-170204 (resized).png
2 months later
#42895 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Totally agree on shot geometry with Spooky games. Rick and Morty was a total clunk-fest.

Call me a Stern homer. Local bar has Halloween and Scooby and I just cannot get into them.

1 month later
#44173 3 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Not just for game releases either. He mostly played Sterns and streamed regularly. He was fantastic as an advertiser for Stern without seeming like he was advertising at all. They need a new, similar streamer if Jack is going to continue as a designer. There's lots of good streamers but none that have the same personality, frequency or following imo.
You'd often see people in chat saying something like 'I bought a DP because of you'

I 100% bought a DP because of JD's streams. I was a late comer to his show but he was a master of demonstrating skill and still engaging chat. Totally agree with your comment.

1 month later
#45242 62 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The voice acting is overall incredibly weak. Boo.

But that theme song is an absolute banger

1 month later
#46680 5 days ago

The BKSOR run is Pro only per knapp

#46682 5 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Careful quoting Knapp, iChuckle is going to call you out for reporting rumors

Haha.. sorry don't put me in Pinside Jail - Knap screenshotted Tilt Amusements

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gubbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=gubbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.