pasted_image (resized).png
DSC01053 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 943.
#20451 2 years ago

All jokes aside. I love the Godzilla theme pin. The Mathew Broderick pin is a big deviation from the original theme Godzilla. My opinion only. I wish Spooky or JJP had done this title. Sounds like Stern plans to nock this title out of the park. Pinball is about to kick it up a few notches this year.

#20452 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

The Mathew Broderick pin is an insult to the original God

The Matthew Broderick pin was based on the MB Godzilla movie and released by Sega and not based on the originial. As far as it goes for its time was a great representation of the movie and its assets .

#20453 2 years ago
#20454 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just to add to the Elwin debate...
Maiden>AIQ>JP
I've had Maiden for 3yrs now and it's easily my favorite game ever. Hands down. I LOVE this game.
AIQ had fun shots but the code didn't do anything for me. Sold after 7mo. Also, "shoot the portal" is now a running joke in our house.
JP (against popular opinion) is my least favorite of the three. Something just doesn't work for me. I don't care about anything I'm doing and end up playing our other games. I bought it on impulse while waiting for my Deadpool (still waiting) and I was ready to sell it almost immediately. It just sit there watching me play the other games next to it.
Also FWIW, Mando has been getting a lot of love here. Very fun.

Yea I love Maiden, I'll never part with it, between the theme and gameplay its perfect for me. AIQ on the other hand I remain disappointed with. I want to love it like so many others do but sadly it continues to just not click with me. Sucks really, love the theme and really like Elwin's previous games but this one ... I can appreciate that the rules are so deep but man it just seems overly complicated to me. Nice to hear Mando is being enjoyed, looks like a fun one, I've begun to toy with the idea of selling off my AIQ premium or possibly trading it for a pro Mando.

#20455 2 years ago

Dump AIQ for TMNT…that game RIPS. Best recent Stern imo. Can’t believe how underrated it is.

Quoted from SharkDiver:

Yea I love Maiden, I'll never part with it, between the theme and gameplay its perfect for me. AIQ on the other hand I remain disappointed with. I want to love it like so many others do but sadly it continues to just not click with me. Sucks really, love the theme and really like Elwin's previous games but this one ... I can appreciate that the rules are so deep but man it just seems overly complicated to me. Nice to hear Mando is being enjoyed, looks like a fun one, I've begun to toy with the idea of selling off my AIQ premium or possibly trading it for a pro Mando.

#20456 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Dump AIQ for TMNT…that game RIPS. Best recent Stern imo. Can’t believe how underrated it is.

except that damn left outlane. got so frustrated with that one early and sold my TMNT LE early on. I do miss it a bit though. I think its zombie yetis best art over the last few years.

#20457 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

except that damn left outlane. got so frustrated with that one early and sold my TMNT LE early on. I do miss it a bit though. I think its zombie yetis best art over the last few years.

The left outlane on almost all Borg games is a bitch. Whenever he uses that double inlane with metal divider, it screws you over so much.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20458 2 years ago

That’s every Borg game. I just reduced my sling power. You can also put a little stick on rubber bumper over there so the ball bounces back into play instead of a dead stop and straight down drain.

Quoted from mbrave77:

#20459 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

I actually think the rules are pretty shallow compared to Elvira.

#20460 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s every Borg game. I just reduced my sling power. You can also put a little stick on rubber bumper over there so the ball bounces back into play instead of a dead stop and straight down drain.

Hehe as a new guardians owner i think you are right

#20461 2 years ago

The rules are very deep on Elvira but feels unrewarding after awhile because it shoots so easily. I only kept mine for a year cause I could blow through the entire game and sell the house pretty easily. The last straw was when I completed everything in the code minus selling the house on ball one. Listed it next day. And before anyone says the game was set up too easy…it was not. Normal tilt, 3 ball, open outlanes, correct pitch etc. Definitely prefer Maiden, gotta shoot like a God to reach RTTH.

Quoted from SkillShot:

I actually think the rules are pretty shallow compared to Elvira.

#20462 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The rules are very deep on Elvira but feels unrewarding after awhile because it shoots so easily. I only kept mine for a year cause I could blow through the entire game and sell the house pretty easily. The last straw was when I completed everything in the code minus selling the house on ball one. Listed it next day. And before anyone says the game was set up too easy…it was not. Normal tilt, 3 ball, open outlanes, correct pitch etc. Definitely prefer Maiden, gotta shoot like a God to reach RTTH.

I have to agree with you on that. I loved having Elvira in my collection. But after I completed everything in the game acycled through it 3 times in ONE game! I never played it anymore. So I knew it was time to sell it!

#20463 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Would love to see chinese made games with us-game designers.

No way in hell would I support that.

#20464 2 years ago

Slight segue from the Godzilla v BTTF hype and speculation.... (and excuse me if this has been discussed elsewhere) but given that the next game is an Elwin design, should we presume that the following one is likely to be a Gomez one? He hasn't had one for a while... and he has designed my 3 top pins ever so I am praying his next design is a theme I like....

#20465 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Slight segue from the Godzilla v BTTF hype and speculation.... (and excuse me if this has been discussed elsewhere) but given that the next game is an Elwin design, should we presume that the following one is likely to be a Gomez one? He hasn't had one for a while... and he has designed my 3 top pins ever so I am praying his next design is a theme I like....

Gomez “retired” from officially designing. I think he gives input and tweaks things but has not really worked on a design since Deadpool and even that may not have been a full redesign. Borg just said on the SAPS podcast that his next pin will be out by the end of the year.

#20466 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Gomez “retired” from officially designing. I think he gives input and tweaks things but has not really worked on a design since Deadpool and even that may not have been a full redesign. Borg just said on the SAPS podcast that his next pin will be out by the end of the year.

Ahh I feared this may be the case... but it also breaks my heart! Thanks for the info

#20467 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The infamous "Borg bounce". It was the main reason my buddy sold his TMNT. My Metallica had the same annoying cheap drain too and was a factor in me selling it.
Borg really needs to stop using that design. Walking Dead was the last time he didn't use it.

#20468 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Borg really needs to stop using that design. Walking Dead was the last time he didn't use it.

I don't really see the benefit to a 2 inlane on one side design. I would have thought its purpose would be to make that side MORE safe, not less. Though I guess maybe the design isn't really about adding the inlane, but rather positioning the slingshots closer together?

#20469 2 years ago

Why?

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

No way in hell would I support that.

#20470 2 years ago

Time to break out the drill and get to work on my “Borg Bounce” Left outlane kickback mod for his next Pin. At least Balcer knew to add a kickback when he borrowed the layout for Baywatch from Gomez’s Corvette layout…Borg should have payed attention with TMNT.

Side note: Not sure if Gomez borrowed it from someone else??? It’s all borrowed, (No facts just pure conjecture and a love of pinball).

#20471 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

If the next Borg pin will be out by the end of the year, then this Elwin title must be coming out very soon. If the next Elwin pin doesn't come out soon they will never fit in the Borg. I did not think they would fit in 2 more titles by end of the year.

#20472 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

. I did not think they would fit in 2 more titles by end of the year.

Elwin's game very soon and Borg late December

#20473 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

The infamous "Borg bounce". It was the main reason my buddy sold his TMNT. My Metallica had the same annoying cheap drain too and was a factor in me selling it.

What is the famous "Borg bounce"? I sold mine partly because I kept bouncing to the out lanes whenever I missed the right ramp by a millimetre.

#20474 2 years ago

I think you just answered your own question

Quoted from onyxx:

What is the famous "Borg bounce"? I sold mine partly because I kept bouncing to the out lanes whenever I missed the right ramp by a millimetre.

#20475 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think you just answered your own question

Other popular terms: getting Borged or getting Avatared.

#20476 2 years ago

What date is Stern making the announcement?

#20477 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What date is Stern making the announcement?

Teaser by Friday. Reveal Monday/Tuesday.

#20478 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:Teaser by Friday. Reveal Monday/Tuesday.

09/03?

#20479 2 years ago

Really though? If they are sticking to any sort of schedule I’d expect an announcement third week of Sept and full reveal 4th week

Quoted from crujones4life:

Teaser by Friday. Reveal Monday/Tuesday.

#20481 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Really though? If they are sticking to any sort of schedule I’d expect an announcement third week of Sept and full reveal 4th week

Time to get back on track schedule wise. One last pin coming this year. Gonna be a killer rest of the year for Stern...it's their density...I mean it's their destiny.

#20482 2 years ago

Time to get back on track schedule wise. One last pin coming this year. Gonna be a killer rest of the year for Stern...it's their density...I mean it's their destiny.

More delays for backordered pins, hurray!

#20483 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

More delays for backordered pins, hurray!

Hey I know all about it. I waited 8 months for my Star Wars Pro.

#20484 2 years ago

I'm proud to show my friends and neighbors the 'Made in USA" stickers. How many companies can still say that.
Hope it remains the case for decades to come.

So Godzilla will be cool to sit next to Ultraman.
Jaws would be epic..

What else could be in the skunkworks at Stern? I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen any more 80s/90s nostalgia titles coming down.
Goonies, Gremlins, Beetlejuice

I really think Stern's going be plenty busy with the titles they got in the Q for awhile. Unless they got some increased capability coming..

#20485 2 years ago

What else could be in the skunkworks at Stern? I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen any more 80s/90s nostalgia titles coming down.
Goonies, Gremlins, Beetlejuice

I was told Stern doesn’t have the rights to Goonies. That is a game If done right would be awesome for Gen Xers!!!

#20486 2 years ago

Or they could just do a VE Tron.

#20487 2 years ago

Hope youre right, heard Borgs next is dropping in December. Looks like we’ll have our Godzilla / Back to the Future back to back!

#20488 2 years ago

I see what you did there! Nice George McFly quote.

#20489 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I see what you did there! Nice George McFly quote.

Hopefully they be "slackers!"

#20490 2 years ago

I'm proud to show my friends and neighbors the 'Made in USA" stickers. How many companies can still say that.

More like 'assembled in the USA', probably 95% is coming straight out of China....

#20491 2 years ago

Hey I know all about it. I waited 8 months for my Star Wars Pro.

Waited 9 months for Elvira

#20492 2 years ago

Made in the USA requires most parts made here in able to use that claim. Probably leds, speakers and boards made overseas but it has to be like 90% or the FTC would come down on them hard

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard

Quoted from xyntec:

More like 'assembled in the USA', probably 95% is coming straight out of China....

#20493 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Did you hear this from Kaneda or from another source?

Yes and Yes. 750-1000 LE

#20494 2 years ago

I don't see more than 750 being made.

#20495 2 years ago

Announcement today? What time?

#20496 2 years ago

1000 LE on Godzilla

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I don't see more than 750 being made.

#20497 2 years ago

Teaser maybe today. With it being Labor Day weekend, timing makes more sense next Friday. The usual unveil is teaser end of week with a distribution conference call on Monday, then release on Tuesday.

#20498 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I don't really see the benefit to a 2 inlane on one side design. I would have thought its purpose would be to make that side MORE safe, not less. Though I guess maybe the design isn't really about adding the inlane, but rather positioning the slingshots closer together?

The 2 left inlane design moves the flippers to the right by about 3/4 inch (or is it 1 inch?) This actually centers the flippers on the player instead of the apron. Of course this also changes the shot geometry of the game and just looking at my Metallica and TMNT, allows for an uncomplicated extra shot on the left side (including a standup target).

Rob

#20499 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

1000 LE on Godzilla

I will take that bet. 750 is max.

#20500 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I’ve read a lot about the borg left outline being brutal and it def is but at least when I’ve had GoTG and TMNT I was able to largely avoid it by basically a slight side to side shimmy every single tome ball goes anywhere near it (or off a dangerous right sling). It’s kind of annoying but it becomes like riding a bike after a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
There are 47,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 943.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/410?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.